What are Mailfence users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Mailfence software through verified user reviews

• icon"Very reliable platform, it has a full suite of tools, everything I need daily (as a marketeer). Now I have a peace of mind that important confidential info is not at risk of exposure."
  • icon"Wordpress plugins and also a software that can easily be secured enough to send and receive private emails. Best in class for sending out emailers and having calendars marking stuff."
  • icon"I absolutely loved the ease of use, the customer experience is overall fantastic."
  • icon"So no pica sizes for fine-tuning your emails. And aligning companion images seems to be problematic unless you know how to use Paint 3D to combine the wanted images."
  • icon"There is a limited design menu, so fancy fonts are out. Font sizes, too, are very basic = Normal through Smallest, Very Small, Small and onto Largest."
  • icon"My contacts disappear from my mobile device every now and then but it may be the device and not the service."

Browse all Mailfence Reviews

• Have you used Mailfence and would like to share your experience with others?

Ariadne

Industry: Computer Networking

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Very supportive email

Great. Support has responded to multiple tickets always quickly.

Pros

Includes calendar support, document support and contacts support.

Cons

I don't like how google has a stranglehold on the world for collaboration.

Laurent

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Simple complet efficace

J'adore l'ergonomie simple du produit, sa sécurité et la partie filtre est un plus

Pros

Le logiciel est simple et efficace tout en étant parfaitement fonctionnel et complet

Cons

Le Black thème mais il est dans les tuyaux

Reasons for choosing Mailfence

Il est simple, complet et efficace, la prise en main est rapide et le service d'aide est rapide à répondre en cas de besoin

Reasons for switching to Mailfence

ProtonMail ne satisfesait pas tout ce que je demandais

Response from Mailfence

Cher Martin, Merci pour vos gentils propos. Nous apprecions vraiment que vous avez pris le temps de partager votre experience de Mailfence. C'est grace a des utilisateurs comme vous que nous pouvons developper et ameliorer Mailfence. Pourriez-vous partager cet excellente critique avec vos amis ? Peut-etre ont-ils besoin d'un super e-mail securise et prive. Une fois encore, nous vous remercions, Orestis L'equipe de Mailfence

Replied November 2020

Devin

Industry: Information Services

Lie about features and don't reply to support requests

I recommend you avoid this company. Before paying I asked if a certain feature was available on their pro plan and their support said yes. After buying a 6-month subscription (the minimum) I find it was a lie, so I either need a workaround or a refund. It's been almost a week and I haven't been able to get them to handle it. Now it's like they're ghosting me - no replies to my support requests on twitter or email.

Pros

Supports IMAP, 2FA, good support for multiple domains.

Cons

Does not support a "copy to folder" filter.

Reasons for choosing Mailfence

Better reviews.

Reasons for switching to Mailfence

Don't like the IMAP support in exchange.

Response from Mailfence

User is correct that we made an error in replying to a question. User had asked: "Hello - I would like to know the features that filters support? For example, can I copy messages to a folder and continue processing remaining filters?" We answered it was possible to copy messages to folders and continue the evaluation, while what is possible is to copy the mail to the folder and continue the evaluation. There was absolutely no ill will involved. We of course issued a refund and apologized. We never lie, believe this is unethical and in additional very bad business practice. We never ghosted user, and had extensive email exchange. Even phone call where we immediately agreed to refund him once we understood the misunderstanding. Although we clearly did an error, I am not really sure this experience warrants a 0/10 for all evaluation criteria?

Replied May 2020

Brian

June 2022

Mailfence Makes Good Sense

I recently decided to open a new Mailfence account after my first one was deleted after a period of dormancy so obviously I have been quite satisfied with its features and mechanics. It has a surprising number of options available with the free account which is great for any start=up or small business.

Pros

Mailfence is very utilitarian for anyone needing an over-flow email platform. Besides the basic email service, it offers - with the free account, mind you - a notepad/word feature that is more elaborate than a notepad but not as comprehensive as a word; a virtual wall calendar for marking and tracking upcoming appointments and schedules; a group page feature for interacting with staff and/or clients, merchants, providers etc and more. there are subscription plans that offer even more.

Cons

There is a limited design menu, so fancy fonts are out. Font sizes, too, are very basic = Normal through Smallest, Very Small, Small and onto Largest. So no pica sizes for fine-tuning your emails. And aligning companion images seems to be problematic unless you know how to use Paint 3D to combine the wanted images.

Response from Mailfence

Hello, Thanks for the positive feedback. We're so lucky to have customers like you! Have a great day, Mailfence Team

Replied June 2022

Mickey

Industry: Security and Investigations

June 2016

Definitely recommended !

The service truly provides "end-to-end encryption" based service along with the capability of Digital signatures (PGP/MIME) - which I was precisely looking for while choosing among tons of other secure emailing solutions. The best part of my experience is that I don't have to use any other plug-in/add-on to fully avail the crypto-related features of mailfence, and they provide it all in a single and easy-to-use platform - along with a complete email-suite (contacts, calendar, documents, groups, polls...). Moreover, the customer service is exceptional - I never get my call missed/or neglected and most of the time, its the CEO himself who answers the calls and cater all your questions (even if you are not a paying customer).

Pros

- End-to-end encryption (E2EE) and Digital Signatures | OpenPGP & S/MIME based. - Full PGP inter-operability. - Complete email suite (contacts, calendar, documents, groups, polls...) with IMAP/POP. - Email privacy orientation and transparency over what they do and how they do it.

Cons

- The service does not provide a customizable theme. - The service does not have a proper alias management system.

Rafig

Competitive pricing, and easy to migrate from Gmail.

Pros

As a student, I'm currently using the Entry plan, I have 5 gb of emails and can create 3 Mailfence Groups, maybe in the near future I might have to upgrade again, but for the moment it is enough. I'm truly satisfied with the price... I was also able to migrate my data from Gmail to Mailfence very easily. Oh and one more thing, I really liked their slogan- Privacy is a right, not a feature.

Cons

Some quality-of life changes are missing, though I'm sure their team is working on it.

Reasons for switching to Mailfence

Privacy & security - related issue.

Xhovana

I receive/send confidential info. by email, every day, & "peace of mind" doesn't exis... Wrong!

Pros

I absolutely loved the ease of use, the customer experience is overall fantastic. Very reliable platform, it has a full suite of tools, everything I need daily (as a marketeer). Now I have a peace of mind that important confidential info is not at risk of exposure :).

Cons

That you have to pay extra for some very important features.

Response from Mailfence

Hello Xhovana, Thank you for your kind words it really helps us. It is because of users like you that we are able to keep on improving and evolving Mailfence. Thanks again, Wish you a great day, Orestis Mailfence team

Replied November 2020

CJ

July 2016

Fantastic!

I've been a Mailfence customer for about 6 months now and I love it. The service and support are top notch. They offer all the features one could want in an email service and even a few unexpected features.

Pros

1. Great tech support. 2. Excellent value for the money. 3. Easy to use.

Cons

1. The Activesync support can be spotty. My contacts disappear from my mobile device every now and then but it may be the device and not the service.

Stéphane

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

practical and effective

I like the idea of a service at the antipodes of the gothestones without mercy for our personal data.

Pros

Simplicity, features, security, flexibility

Cons

Need to take a paid subscription for more efficiency

Far from U.S.A., security, privacy

Response from Mailfence

Dear Stephane, Thank you so much for your feedback. We'll keep on working on improving our service at the antipode of the gothestones without mercy for privacy.

Replied November 2019

Nikhil

Secure emailing

1) With the plugin i was able to easily know what is going wrong in my wordpress site email based

Pros

1) Wordpress plugins and also a software that can easily be secured enough to send and receive private emails. Best in class for sending out emailers and having calendars marking stuff

Cons

1) The problems in this app are next to negligible and i would not also want to name them just as a gesture for the great work they have done

Alice

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simple mais puissant

Je suis contente d'avoir trouvé un fournisseur éthique, sécurisé et très user-friendly, qui est fiable et respecte tous les standards.

Pros

L'interface est confortable, simple et intuitive, et la synchronisation client est très efficace. Rien à dire, je suis très satisfaite.

Cons

Certaines fonctions sont encore en développement - mais l'équipe de support est là pour combler les rares manques.

Abner

Mailfence

Pros

Excellent, secure and safe. It really gives me peace of mind

Cons

honestly, the only thing I didn't like was that I have to connect to the internet to use it, which is the same thing I don't like about any email

Dominique

June 2016

New encrypted email player w great support.

Am very positive about support. Got answers within the hour. They seem to deliver on encryption promise. At first sight I have the impression this is a new player in this market to be reckoned with.

Elizabeth

I spent money for a service. Needless to say, I did not get it.

I learned not to use your company Sounded legitimate and so I tried it. I am disappointed in the lack of performance. I had 5 other jobs that won't get done

Cons

It is called stealing.... I don't like thieves. Why take my money if you can't do the job. Had 5 more jobs, not getting done.

4.14/5 out of 14 reviews