What are Marketo Engage users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Marketo Engage software through verified user reviews

• icon"I couldn’t be more happy with this software. My sales have increased dramatically and the quality has improved as well."
  • icon"I uses this platform very often to run my different marketing automation campaigns. Their multiple automation features like sequencing the campaign is amazing."
  • icon"It is a user-friendly interface which is easily understandable by you and it has a very brilliant capability of automating almost everything."
  • icon"I occasionally have issues with email formatting and these problems are very hard to fix."
  • icon"UI is bad, and Marketo Sky will help fix this, but it's taking forever for Marketo Sky to get to a point where I can actually use it. Many features do cost extra but you can pick and choose."
  • icon"The product has its name imprinted loud and clear and hence the pricing is a thing to worry about."

Browse all Marketo Engage Reviews

• Have you used Marketo Engage and would like to share your experience with others?

Ramin

Company size: 5,001 - 10,000 employees

Marketo Marketing Automation Review

MD Masoom

Indeed a Best-in-Class Marketing Automation Software

My overall experience with Marketo Marketing Automation is satisfactory. I am using it daily for marketing automation for different marketing campaigns for different team members and I found this platform very helpful and amazing. My experience with their dashboards and reports features are mindblowing and this is the best thing about this tool.

Pros

I like almost everything about this amazing marketing automation tool. Some of the things that I like most about it is the following: 1. Marketo customer support team is very responsive and always available to help, this is something I like the most. 2. Marketo's simple and easy user interface is amazing and very easy to use. This is the second thing that I like about it. 3. Marketo's amazing dashboards and reports features are the 3rd things that I like most about it. It is very informatics.

Cons

I want to share one thing that I dislike about it and that is Marketo is a little bit expensive compared to other tool but I must say that it is worth to spend on it.

Reasons for choosing Marketo Engage

I choose Marketo Marketing Automation over these alternative products because of two things: 1. Amazing customer support team: Yes, a Marketo customer support team is amazing because of this we choose this tool over these alternatives. 2. Amazing Dashboards and reporting features: Yes because of its amazing reporting and powerful dashboard features I chose this tool

Ed

May 2022

Marketo is the Gold Standard of Marketing CRMs in the marketplace!!

My experience with Marketo has been amazing from the sales rep, our implementation specialist, support department and our CSM went over and beyond to make sure we were getting the most value out of the platform.

Pros

I love the deep native integration with Salesforce that allows us to sync data and both company and contact records to communicate through marketing and sync up with our account based marketing campaigns and enabling sales to follow up at the exact right time based on lead scoring and actions take by prospect when consuming our content we deliver in the form of email opens, email clicks and % video views with the amazing integration with Wistia. The Strategies you can deploy are only limited by your creativity as a marketer and sales architect and revenue officer at your company and I absolutely love Marketo!!

Cons

The platform is very robust and takes learning and using it and clearly understand best practices through executional experience running campaigns and this takes an investment of time and it's absolutely worth it and the return on that time investment is the most important revenue driver in our company when combining the power of your sales reps and your sales enablement tool in your tech stack!!

Reasons for choosing Marketo Engage

Marketo offers an agency level account allowing us to connect our clients Salesforce with a license of Marketo under our single Agency level account with Marketo Engage which allows us to provide marketing services along with our sales services, aligning both and providing maximum return on our clients investment working with us and a win/win for everyone. Also, Marketo doesn't try and be everything to everybody, they set the standard for marketing CRMs and have an excellent, deep integration with Salesforce and other platforms just didn't match up in comparison.

Reasons for switching to Marketo Engage

We had to connect Infusionsoft with a 3rd party integration platform that had built a custom integration and it was a significant monthly investment and Infustionsoft is an inferior platform compared to Marketo Engage. It was a no brainer to make the switch.

Edward

November 2015

Pros and Cons

Pros

Once optimized, Marketo is good for rapid-fire content creation (emails, landing pages, and campaigns) that is tailored and optimized for digital marketing experiences. It can collect a broad range of data out-of-the-box which provides significant advantages compared to competitors.

Cons

Marketo's ability to scale, technically, can be a limiting factor at times. The major dependencies are lead database size, web traffic volume, and integration with the CRM. At the point of 750k+ leads, Marketo becomes slow to work with. At the point of 10k page visits/day, queues start to pop up on logging web activity. When lots of leads are begin updated in Marketo and through the CRM, the back-and-forth usage of API calls (by which Marketo communicates with CRMs) starts to max out, and you have to really optimize the setup in order to have timely communication between Marketo and the CRM.

Lauren

May 2022

Strong Platform for B2B Marketing

I have helped clients (and our own internal org) plan, automate and execute their marketing with Marketo for over 6 years. During this time, I have also worked with other B2B and B2C Marketing Automation tools and find Marketo to the right combination of powerful, relatively easy to use (you don't have to spend thousands of dollars to master) and flexible.

Pros

It is a good balance of standard features and the ability to customize .

Cons

If you need to change your native CRM connection, you have to migrate to a new instance, which is usually very costly and time-consuming.

Reasons for switching to Marketo Engage

Most recent client made the switch to move to a "best-in-class" B2B Marketing platform vs. homegrown technology.

Cameron

Can't go wrong with the best MAP - but you need to spend time getting it how you like it

I've been using Marketo for over 2 years and have managed multiple instances, including implementing a new one. It's been great to learn and use. I came from HubSpot and although I loved HubSpot, it was limited in it's capabilities because things are locked down to look "pretty" and work more out-of-the-box. What I say is Marketo is for the "big kids"/enterprise/B2B market and HubSpot is more for the SMB market. Marketo also does well integrating with Salesforce, whereas HubSpot's API integration is very locked down and limited.

Pros

What can't Marketo do? Not much! It's the be-all-do-all tool. Tons of features and customization, integrations and functionality.

Cons

If you are looking for a "pretty" software, don't look here. The interface is dated and harder to navigate if you don't know what you are doing. I always tell people that "Marketo is UGLY, but it's POWERFUL." What it trades for looks, it makes up for in functionality and customizations.

Reasons for switching to Marketo Engage

Act-On is NOT a very good platform and is very limited. We knew we wanted more functionality and the ability to really do good marketing. Act-On is even worse than HubSpot and is so limited with it's functionality and the way it works with Salesforce, etc. We just knew we needed to get out of Act-On and I'm happy to say as of this month we are finally free of Act-On's limited forms, landing pages, emails, etc.

Imad

Great for all businesses

Can't live a day without the software. Sometimes I can't understand somethings, but they have loads of tutorials on their website and YouTube.

Pros

Whatever you can think of in terms of marketing automation, lead management and email marketing, chances are Marketo can do it.

Cons

You can just subscribe and start using it without a little training. And the functionalities are so many, that you really need to know what you are looking for to find it.

Reasons for switching to Marketo Engage

The old software was just too basic compared to Marketo

Caroline

Features aren't worth the difficulty

I had a negative experience working daily in Marketo for 6 months. I'm sure it's useful for some companies, but the average business can't possibly make it work for them.

Pros

Marketo has a huge amount of features, like very specific reporting, integration with various platforms, robust list building, and more. I managed a very large volume of interconnected campaigns on Marketo, and it was pretty effective at doing whatever we needed to, once we figured it out.

Cons

There is a higher learning curve with Marketo than any other of the many email marketing platforms I've used in my experience. Clients were never, ever able to handle it on their own. It sucked up a lot of my time, which would not be the case for a platform like MailChimp. Marketo has more capabilities, but it's not practical for the average business to manage. There are many, many things it cannot do that are pretty standard on other platforms: adding emojis to emails, not crashing constantly, effective merge fields, having flexible templates, communicating what errors are when something doesn't work, etc. It caused much, much more trouble than it was worth. I don't even have confidence that the data we pulled from it was accurate either.

Brahim

April 2022

Marketo Engage Review

I'm now able to track leads all the way through the funnel and see what content is working and what isn't. I've also seen a lot more engagement with my content since implementing Marketo Engage.

Pros

The feature that has had the most impact on my business is the ability to send automated emails personalized for each customer. The product is very easy to use, and I was able to integrate it with my existing business processes very easily.

Cons

The Marketo Engage product is amazing and has a lot of features that can be difficult to use. However, with the help of their amazing customer service, I were able to overcome any obstacle and make Marketo Engage work for my business.

kathryn

Marketo Looks Simple but Isn't

We leverage Marketo mostly for marketing operations. From an email deployment standpoint or form conversion standpoint it's been sub par. It's hard to work with and has a lot of bells and whistles that I'm not truly convinced are worth while.

Pros

I like how the folder system keeps all elements of a campaign together and allows you to easily replicate similar types of campaigns. I also like how easy it is to see the success indicators all rolled up into one space. The ability to A/B test and the like is simple to set up.

Cons

Every feature has a quirk that you might only find out after the fact and becoming a power-user is nearly impossible without hiring a consultant to help you. The trainings on Marketo are superficial and LONG and really don't help much from an onboarding prospective.

Lauren

April 2022

Intuitive and robust tool for email and campaigns

Easy, robust tool for creating campaigns, sending emails, managing contacts.

Pros

I find Marketo very intuitive, the way campaigns need to be formatting makes a lot of sense to me so it was easy and fast for me to pick up.

Cons

I feel like it logs me out really quickly, so if I go and do another task I have to log back in to finish what I was working on. Not the worst, but can be a little annoying sometimes.

Alexandra

Marketo a Total Integration Tool.

We use Marketo primarily to stop form submission automation as well as data cleansing, and of course we owe Marketo an important part of our automation. We also pay additional money to be able to use their templates and thus create a landing page and of course have the templates within the emails. All this was done at the expense of a long time, which is the main factor to invest in Marketo, but after learning how to use and take advantage of the software in a good way, the results were magnificent.

Pros

Among the many impressive features that Marketo has, its integrations stand out, which are an important factor in obtaining a complete service that fully satisfies the requirements of the company, has integrations with many different software and also has the ability to integrate with third parties to through Zapier making it a full integration tool. The user interface is very flexible and can be configured according to the data flow of the company or the portfolio of clients and potential clients. Through Marketo, much of the information that reaches the company can be automated, thus bringing the data to Salesforce in a clean way.

Cons

It has a somewhat long learning curve that makes it essential to have some help before being able to use the program to its full potential, so technical support plays a preponderant role in the software. In addition, the system must be configured through an API connection, which makes it quite a cumbersome process. Although the interface has great flexibility, it can be confusing when starting out due to its main focus, which is undoubtedly the database for the software, but once learned it is a fast path to success.

Ruth

Customizable to Your Business

Pros

Marketo is robust and can be configured to meet most business cases. It integrates well with many systems/services. For example, Marketo integrates better with Salesforce than Salesforce Marketing Cloud. There is a solid user group/community. Things like Content AI and Web Personalization take personalization across your digital marketing to the next level. Training is required to use a lot of features.

Cons

You have to build your own preference center. This doesn't come out-of-the-box. UI is bad, and Marketo Sky will help fix this, but it's taking forever for Marketo Sky to get to a point where I can actually use it. Many features do cost extra but you can pick and choose. Landing page templating is lacking without a dedicated devloper.

Reasons for choosing Marketo Engage

Robust enterprise solution that can be customized

Flexible and Adaptable, Best for Technical Users

The depth of configurability has been a huge benefit for our organization, a global enterprise company with a complex international business structure. While there are challenges in terms of getting users up to speed, much of what we accomplish we could not have done on our previous systems in terms of the complexity of scoring, routing, and lead management.

Pros

The ability to customize and scale has been the biggest benefit of Marketo, paired with the levels of complexity that can be used to refine audiences and reporting in ways that cannot be acheived in other platforms.

Cons

There is a significant rampup and onboarding period, the tool is designed for a more technical user, which can cause some frustrations and leads to a learning curve

Reasons for choosing Marketo Engage

The way the system is structured really clicked with my way of thinking, and some of the capabilities and flexibility felt like something that would scale far more easily with our organization's growth and future plans.

Reasons for switching to Marketo Engage

We outgrew the system and it's capabilities very quickly.

Emanuela

My experience with Marketo

Pros

Marketo is a great marketing tool that allows automating repetitive marketing activities. I am using Marketo since 4 years. We use it to improve our lead generation process and we integrated Marketo with Salesforce. We are using Marketo Forms embedded on our website to get the personal information, track the activities done by leads and notify the sales reps. We are able to track campaigns (members are synced to Salesforce campaigns) and lead sources to measure effectiveness of marketing activities. We created a series of program templates that can be replicated to manage events, webinars, newsletters or email blastings. Cloning the templates all our marketers can start a new program easily customizing just the details, without errors and saving time. I want to mention a powerful feature that I use daily - smart lists - they allows to target a specific audience and continuously been fed with new members that match the criteria.

Cons

- Integration with MS Dynamics: we started with MS dynamics CRM and the integration is not seamless as the integration with Salesforce. We had unresolved issues for 3 years until we decided to move our CRM to Salesforce. - Consulting Services: we started our project with direct Marketo consulting services but our project manager was not responsive and we had the impression that each PM had too many customers to manage and do not have the time to dedicate the right effort to each project. For this reason, we moved our project to an external consultant firm and the results are much better. - Support: the response time of the standard support is not quick and usually it takes some days to resolve it. - Landing pages: it is missing a validation workflow on the thank you pages (to be sure that those who will access the thank you page have successfully filled-out the form included in the landing page) - Reporting: the reports are very basics

Austin

Best-in-class Marketing Automation Solution

Pros

Marketo is the "Porsche with a manual transmission" of marketing automation platforms. It's full of cool features and is incredibly powerful. The strengths: 1) Workflow flexibility that is unmatched by other platforms. Building complex data management, lead scoring, and organizational processes (such as lead routing) is very achievable in Marketo. They basically give you every function they can possibly code and let their customers piece them together as they like (more on this in #7). 2) The engagement programs, primarily meant for lead nurturing, are truly best-in-class. It's a little bit of an adjustment at first, but it really simplifies complex nurturing tracks and saves marketers from putting prospects into multiple tracks at once (which happens more than most admit) 3) The vision is impressive. Marketo has a clear, long-term vision that they continually deliver on. Examples being advances in personalization, ABM, ect. I'd bet on them to lead the way (or buy the way via Vista ) to whatever is next in marketing automation, such as AI or machine learning.

Cons

I love Marketo. But, there are some things I don't love. 1) The landing page builder has made improvements but still, leaves some to be desired. Unless a template available for import matches what you'd like to do, you pretty much have to hire a developer to build your templates. 2) The reporting is somewhat overhyped. They REALLY sell revenue cycle analytics, but in reality, it's tough to implement and even tougher to accurately maintain. Since data is essentially timestamped and not stored in an external record (i.e. like Salesforce has for a campaign member), if you mess it up, you're SOL. Marketo's advice to me was "don't mess up."

Crystal

August 2016

Want to see proven ROI with a marketing automation system?

Pros

- UI Usability & design. - Tracking of programs from creation to execution, including success and engagement across programs like webinars, events, web pages and multi-step or channel campaigns. - Complex criteria for building out nurture programs based on targeted parameters and real-time interactions. - Global partitions and platform internationalization. - Real-time personalization

Cons

- Search functionality could be a lot easier with keywords, or created date. I know the platform just updated to search based on URL, but it could use a bit more work to make it easier for newer employees who have tons of legacy items to sift through. - Speed of platform is sometimes frustrating - it can be great at times...other times it lags beyond belief, when pulling lists, approving emails and landing pages, and just jumping from campaign to campaign. Sometimes I have to even restart or refresh the platform just to get it moving again. - Campaign calendar layout is not intuitive and leaves marketing teams resorting to a Google Calendar or similar feature to track campaign sequencing and deliverables. It's usable if you spend some time in it, but it definitely could be better.

Jasmine

Impressive and efficient

Marketo gives me the opportunity to seamlessly deliver information to the sales users in my organization through the Marketo Sales Insights tool in Salesforce as well as triggered alerts/emails. I really enjoy the speed of the Salesforce sync as we are able to create/monitor campaigns and attribute revenue almost instantly.

Pros

Marketo is consistently ranked by analysts as a top automation solution, and I can finally see why! As a marketer, it’s simple to use but also robust for program management from creation to reporting. On a day-to-day basis, I use Marketo within a B2B environment and we wouldn’t be able to function without it. It’s a key tool for my marketing strategy, one of our most used functionalities is cloning programs, tactics, and campaigns. This allows us to make fewer mistakes and maintain continuity from user-to-user, an efficiency for my nimble, growing team. What I’d like to see is continued product improvement driven by customer voices. I’m excited for the new Mercury UI to debut in 2018!

Cons

As an admin within a small team, the uptime to full functionality can be like climbing a steep hill on a cold day. Simply put, learning this tool can feel cumbersome if it’s not your only responsibility. Luckily, the Marketing Nation Community combined with the product docs and Marketo University prove to be helpful resources for growing your knowledge. Within a year I was able to confidently learn the tool, contribute new ideas, and become a Marketo Certified Expert (MCE). Service/support - Compared to other automation platforms, there seems to be limited support and desire for accounts to have a 1:1 communication on a regular basis with an account rep. We’ve recently been assigned a new rep and we're making progress.

Praveen

Marketo: An Ultimate Platform for marketing!

Pros

The reason why I referred the application as an ultimate platform is that it gathers all information about your digital marketing campaigns emails, online forms, marketing material etc. at a single place. It is a user-friendly interface which is easily understandable by you and it has a very brilliant capability of automating almost everything. In this, one can build a variety of things like email templates, landing pages, etc. It supports multi-touch campaigns and multichannel. It is broad and very useful for CRM Integration and most importantly Analytics. It increases efficiency in a variety of ways (like the ability to create a tokenized template) as well as its Lead management process is also brilliant!! Its capabilities are very vast, Comprehensive campaigns capabilities are one of them.

Cons

Here are a few cons which shouldn’t be ignored. Reporting of Analytics of Marketo is very bad and in addiction smart list designs are not flexible and it is very difficult to design them. Most importantly it is not within the range of all types of people, as its rates are little bit higher. Its interface should be improved for new users as well as some software bugs should also be fixed regarding auto-saving. It loads the previewing list very slowly. Its Spam Identification feature also very poor as well as email and landing page analytics are also not enough. But at last, I want to say that the major issue with it, is regarding its speed of loading the application which needs a lot of improvement

Marketo Engage - best automation tool to date

Excellent overall, can be the engine of the marketing department and best support for sales if used properly

Pros

best automation/database management tool to date. Create comms, forms, landing pages, a structured database, rules - an entire functioning ecosystem.

Cons

No batching of operations, editor of emails can be improved

Reasons for choosing Marketo Engage

Best product on the market

prior had limited functionalities

The best marketing automation system but becoming dated

Pros

Marketo is a robust platform built to scale. It is highly flexible and packed with integrations and features to helps you orchestrate your marketing strategy and automate the execution and tracking of many campaigns.

Cons

Other competitors are fast becoming more innovative solutions, with Marketo every new feature is an add-on that costs yet more money.

Emanuela

My experience with Marketo

We are using Marketo across the whole organization to improve and automate our marketing activities. We are using it at corporate level as well as in each operation (US, UK, DACH, France, Italy, APAC, etc). We improved ability to attract new leads and the engagement of visitors on our website.

Pros

- Workflow: the logic behind the workflows allows to automate manual activities - Lead gen: we improved the engagement of the visitors on our website and we manage the entire lead generation process on Marketo integrated with our CRM. - Programs: it is easy to create and manage emailing and nurture programs with the ability to set rules when the email should be sent. - Forms: we are using Marketo forms and we embedded them on our website.

Cons

- Integration with Dynamics: after 3 years we still have some issues on the integration with MS Dynamics... the 2 systems are not well integrated. - Support: sometimes we had some issues with getting quick replies from support. - Landing pages: it is missing a validation workflow on the thank you pages (to be sure that those who will access the thank you page have successfully filled-out the form included in the landing page).

Louis

Industry: Computer Hardware

Our team has found Marketo an essential tool to organize and to optimize new customer relationships

Our review focused on the process of discovery relative to our website and front line presentations to the market prospect visitors. However , Marketo Software covers the complete spectrum of marketing and prospect lead generation. Its almost intelligent interaction with prospects allows our team great confidence in engaging and in capturing quality leads.

Pros

We loved the Marketo's ability to rate and analyze our web pages and in addition to recommend tactics to boost our site's search ability. This is a vital feature specification on the marketing side. This task is accomplished through their easy to use user interface and dashboard which can report the necessity to upgrade target key search words and title tags. We also employ Marketo's ability to collect information from prospective visitors to our site and with its tools which customize the visitors experience based the application's unique reaction to visitor company size and industry sector as well as inquiry behavior while interacting.

Cons

We hoped the customer service hours to be more robust and available as we work late hours and over seas times. This is a small complaint in the over all scheme and we rate Marketo as a fine product . The online support resources are helpful.

Reasons for choosing Marketo Engage

Marketo offered complete processes and an easier to use user dashboard and interface when attempting to capture and engage quality client leads.

Renee

March 2015

Great Solution for Salesforce users.

Pros

I used Marketo in my last role for about three years and was always impressed. Marketo does a great job of integrating very seamlessly with Salesforce and in a sales role, this is imperative to your success. You are able to track not only your emails, but develop sophisticated campaigns to drive engagement in a particular market or across a broad spectrum. Above all, Marketo gave you the flexibility to develop an idea and execute on it successfully. Additionally, the system was great in providing the engagement reports key prospects had with our organization. As a sales professional, quality leads some times make or break a quota. Marketo feeds you quality leads that you're able to rank based on many algorithms. Having an understanding of what your prospect is most interested in, creates a much more effective first conversation, rather than attempting to connect cold. Overall, Marketo was a crucial part of our sales processes and truly assisted in your achievements as an organization. I would highly recommend.

Cons

We only encountered some occasional problems when uploading smart lists. This would sometimes take quite a long time when Marketo was running updates or changes, that would slow the system.

Maddison

Great tool!

Marketo is an astonishing apparatus that boosts the speed of your advanced showcasing work. You'll be able to assist the level of your endeavors by utilizing such curious vice. The instrument has numerous applications that give awesome offer assistance in making your promoting procedure more viable. You'll be able to increment the number of leads and it'll offer assistance in upgrading the volume of your deals.

Pros

Marketo is a successful and solid apparatus for computerized showcasing with simple methods and applications. Marketo makes a difference in showcasing methodologies of the trade with different apparatuses and it moreover grows the exercises over numerous channels. This makes a difference in making more leads. You'll be able moreover join yourself with different apparatuses that can provide you best results.

Cons

You would like to have training from any experienced identity sometime recently utilizing Marketo since it isn't a straightforward way of doing showcasing. It incorporates numerous basic apparatuses and applications that ought to be caught on to begin with and after that, you'll apply.

Marketo Engage