All monday marketer Reviews

Nimit

Monday.com helps fine-tuning your Monday blues at work!

Pros

The Product has infinite functionalities basically making it an all-in-one Project Management tool for all kinds of businesses. As a Marketing Executive, I have experienced a smooth transition from manually keeping notes of upcoming tasks to automatic algorithms that help assign relevant tasks with one button click. I can now track and work on multiple products, can decide my priorities with task rating, and update progress bar controls without wasting time on long emails to my Marketing Manager. I am happy with my current 2+ years of experience with Monday.com and look forward to many more!

Cons

There are so many functionalities, that learning every one of them and understanding how to make best use of it is quite overwhelming sometimes.

Karen

Great Software, Easy To Use & Great Value for Money

Overall, Monday is a great tool to manage workload, projects, and keep people working together in a collaborative space. I would highly recommend this product to others if they are looking for an inexpensive, easy to use tool that is easy to implement. However, just beware, you will need to have an idea of how you want to use this tool otherwise the features may be too plentiful and not explained well enough to help out a user who is just looking for ideas.

Pros

Monday is a tool that my team uses daily to manage our workload. We're a Lean culture and use pull plans to tackle many large scale projects. Monday works really well for not only putting these pull plans together, but allowing for external users to view the workspace without having to purchase a license as well as enabling a dashboard that shows the workload across multiple workspaces/pull plans.

Cons

You're left to your own devices to figure a lot of the features out yourself. For the most part this is fine, but it can get frustrating when certain features and views were not always working the way I expected them to. For example, I created a dashboard to show all due dates according to the week. However, some dates just simply didn't populate if they were 3-4 weeks out. Instead they showed as "No date". I read the community forums, asked questions and tried everything I could, but in the end wasn't able to figure out why this was happening. I really wish their support team was more accessible. If I can't figure out what I'm trying to do I feel like I have no course of action other than to just scrap it and try something else.

Reasons for choosing monday marketer

Monday seemed like a tool that could allow for multiple workspaces, creation of templates and was a tool that was not only easy to manage my team with, but was also able to give me the visibility I needed into what my team was working on without a lot of hassle to implement.

Reasons for switching to monday marketer

Wrike was an ok tool for what we were trying to do, but seemed a bit more cumbersome to use and set-up our pull plans, which require a milestone, objectives and tactical plans.

Monday.com Review

Over all my experience with Monday was a 50/50 split some things I loved and some things were lacking in functionality for what we needed. Overall I didn't hate it. At the end of the day it just wasn't what we needed to be productive. I think for other users who are using it for design, and business marketing it would be a phenomenal program and the price is very affordable even if you are a small company. Monday might be what you need to get your productivity up to become an even bigger company.

Pros

I liked how Monday.com allows for easy collaboration with team members. It does take some getting used to for me it was easy to get used to because I am more of a computer person and have had many different experiences with a lot of different programs. Everyone else on my team is the complete opposite, however because of Monday.com's modern website design people were able to grasp it because the design is easy on the eyes if that makes sense. It is almost like an easy/drag and drop version of excel. Aside from the design I did love that there were different calendar views like Kanban view and the map view especially. The other things I loved was the forms integration, which made it easy to transfer our clients over from one program to another. As they came in they filled out the short form and were integrated into the calendar pretty easily. Lastly I loved the status column. I was going to use it to check in clients. Red for when they arrived to their appointments, Yellow for when they were waiting and Green for when they were done and waiting on their transportation back home.

Cons

There were a couple of things that I did not like, which made us only use Monday for a short period of time. For one we are a mental health therapy center and we do A LOT of scheduling. While there is a template to schedule clients. It is more so for a few clients and not hundreds. We have multiple therapists and may want to view their appointments sometimes together and sometimes separately and Monday started to get somewhat bulky when trying to do this. We tried doing multiple boards for each therapist and then we tried doing each board as a day of the week and in the end we had too many boards and it was still and either you view this person or that person but not both. On top of that we also schedule activities with clients and that would have been a whole separate view as well. The last thing that we needed was to make recurring appointments for clients that are seen every Tuesday or for ones that are seen every other Thursday etc. This task was extremely bulky and involved using a 3rd party service.

Matt

February 2022

Can’t work without it

Pros

Such a simple way to keep complex projects and tasks organised. Visual and UX components are so well thought out. Super easy to setup new boards using templates to cover just about every conceivable work scenario.

Cons

To get the full benefit of automations you need to take a higher plan. Be good to have some automations on the lower plans. The thing is you dont know how much you need them until you have them in place in a trial and then your trial ends

Reasons for choosing monday marketer

I’ve used Monday since it was depulse and every time I have to use trello or Asana I have to stop the company I’m with use of and convert them to Monday. Hands down the best option out there

Amy

Very user-friendly interface

We're a group of freelancers who collaborate on business together. We needed a common project management tool that would enable us to collect projects, timelines, notes and attachments all in one place.

Pros

I love how simple, intuitive and lovely the interface is. It actually makes project management a joy. Other project management software I've tried felt like it took too much time just to manage the software itself. There were too many menus to sift through. Comments were too hard to find, and my team was not keen on using it. Monday is so simple, so clean and visual that our whole team has quickly embraced it. I'm even putting my personal projects into it. One of my favorite features is the ability to make checklists in the comments area. Our team is coming up with all sorts of ways to use those (i.e.: check this off to confirm you've read the comment, etc.). We haven't been using Monday for long, so I'm curious to see how we continue to adapt it to meet our needs. I also like that there are templated projects that you can use to get started. I haven't been this excited about a project management platform in a long time, if ever.

Cons

That my team loves it so much they're going crazy making lots of projects and posts, lol.

Reasons for switching to monday marketer

Monday is more visual, intuitive and a more joyful experience to use.

Aileen

A less manic Monday thanks to Monday.com

I previously used other similar programs and our entire team loves Monday. Easily create reports that can be integrated into other platforms!

Pros

Monday helps me keep track of tasks on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis which is so important in marketing!

Cons

I don't love the file-sharing abilities and how they are set up.

Reasons for switching to monday marketer

Monday was way easier for our entire team to use and has a lot more functionality/nicer layout

Joe

A great option for agencies & project managers

Marketing & design agencies absolutely NEED a project management tool to keep everyone organized and on-task. Monday is one of the better PM tools that I have seen out there. Easy to use, easy to look.

Pros

The best part about the Monday project management tool is the simple-to-use, intuitive layout and operating system. Having a tool that is easy to look at and makes sense visually is a huge plus.

Cons

Monday is a fantastic project management option but overall, the price is what kept my team from implementing this on a company-wide scale.

Reasons for switching to monday marketer

We needed a more professional option for keeping track of our projects. Google Drive was our previous solution but didn't really work well as we scaled up.

Priscilla

Color coded PM tool that's great for visually seeing progress

Their customer service is amazing! Their tool is meeting the needs for one of my clients so overall I'm very happy. I had pushed off using Monday.com based on price alone as it seemed much either than other software tools, however, I reached out to their support team and was able to get a great deal and a free user so we could actually use this for a few months and make sure it's what my client needed.

Pros

What I love most about Monday.com is the layout for project status and that you can create several columns with a status that will impact the overall progress view. i.e. We use 4 main columns 1 for Concept, Research and Planning, Coding and Development, and then Final Review. With the color coded statuses we can visually see how many projects are waiting to start and how many are waiting to start. This feature alone has been a game changer, but when combined with the project timeline view, we know exactly how much resources we have left.

Cons

My least favorite feature is more of a overall usage note. Their onboarding process is simple, but almost too simple so you really have to dig for the features you want and read their blogs and knowledge base to see what's possible. Compared to some of the other tools I've used that gives you a hands on tutorial when you first set it up, Monday.com just lets you lose with a few demo boards and it's up to you figure out what's next. For example - how many people know you can link a "pulse" to another board for a higher level project tracking? I knew that was a feature I wanted and had to google it... and then had to train two people on how to do it.

Paolo

Great PM tools for many purposes

Very good experience, one of the best tools to track work and get things done, cutting irrelevant internal bureaucracy that make projects slow. Project management must be intuitive, simple, fast, not an extra burden. Monday allows that.

Pros

Easy to use, very flexible, intuitive, it helps to speed up work across teams or also on solo projects.

Cons

It could have more granular functionalities and allow import file through web forms

Natalia

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

April 2022

Helps manage tasks

Pros

It was finally a place to see all of our projects, campaigns and tasks in one place. It allows our team to see what others are working on and improved workflow. Helps to easily delegate tasks and stay on top of projects.

Cons

Would be great if you could put events in the calendar that don't need to be a task on the board.

Rachel

December 2021

Robust Program to get your organized as well and open up communication with your co-workers

Since I do Marketing and Human Resources, I have found Monday.com has changed the way I work and made it transparent as well as much more efficient. I have so many uses for using Monday.com because it is a superb program that can be utilized in so many ways. I have my entire Onboarding process put into a board, with responsible parties, due dates, finish dates included. It allows me to communicate with the responsible parties right in the program and download documents, etc. In Marketing, we put our entire TradeShow schedules on it and all the duties needing to be completed. It keeps us very aware of deadlines coming up or when someone is not pulling their weight. I have many boards with different workflows, different ways of presenting them. It integrates with so many apps and has automations that are really vital to my work. It has been a game-changer.

Pros

When used correctly, this program could solve all your communication issues with other workers. It literally puts everyone on the same page--knowing what each person is doing and when to expect completion. There are literally hundreds of ways to use this program. It is completely customizable to help you with processes and workflows or project management or team management and the list goes on.

Cons

There are not too many cons, but if I had to select one, it would have to be the learning curve of using this program. It is not simple and takes some training, reading, videos, or webinars to truly understand its capabilities. There are so many capabilities that it is hard to keep up with all the new things coming out. But what Monday does well is it provides education to learn their program. There are so many YouTube videos on every facet of this platform and an entire knowledge base of information to supplement.

Easy and full of resources

Monday.com enables us to breakdown bigger projects into smaller tasks, start with something simple, get the bigger picture and simply get things done. The tool has a great look and feel which is a great boost when you start your day and you go check what the next steps are. So far, it's my favourite PM tool.

Pros

What I like the most about monday.com is its UX. It's very easy to move things around, drag and drop, play with the elements and add descriptions, comments, tag colleagues etc. They have tons of templates available which I really appreciate, too. We use the sprint board a lot as a marketing team.

Cons

If you're used to Trello or Asana, the view that collapses/expands on the left can be confusing at first, and the amount of features and possibilities (and colours) that they added can almost be overwhelming, but this is a very minor thing - you quickly get used to it.

Reasons for choosing monday marketer

Trying out something new and more complete.

A quick and easy management tool

Overall, our team is able to keep track of tasks quicker and improve our time management. It also helps us stay aware of how busy everyone is and adjust our requests accordingly. I think it helps with our teamwork and respect of each other as part of a whole team. I would also say our productivity has increased and our method of communication has significantly improved.

Pros

Monday.com makes managing tasks and teams simple. It is a very straightforward and easy to learn platform with a simple and user-friendly interface. I like that you can customize task buttons, keep track of projects, and customize just about anything. Even people who might not feel like they're tech-savvy can quickly pick up how the system works and the platform makes it easy to attach documents, tag team members, edit tasks, and track times. Overall, it's a great tool to have and has made my life easier.

Cons

It would be nice if it gave you the capability to assign multiple people as a task owner as opposed to just one person. While anyone you choose can see a task, the basic platform only allows one owner -- which makes it a bit cumbersome at times if you have a group task. Also, the basic plan (which does cost money) does not allow you to make your group boards private. So, if you have any confidential information that you don't want shared with other teams within your company, you can't access this on the basic plan which I do find frustrating.

Drew

Our company couldn't survive without Monday

Great! Our company would be a disorganized mess without this software. I would imagine that we continue to use Monday on a daily basis for years to come.

Pros

Our digital marketing company has about 15 clients that all have multiple projects happening at the same time. By using Monday we are able to make sure everything is organized and in one place so that no project gets lost or overlooked.

Cons

Sometimes the notifications get messy when I get notified of things that I am not tagged in. We have looked into trying to fix this, but haven't had much luck. It is not a huge deal though.

Response from monday

Hey Drew! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear it has allowed you to manage juggling multiple clients and staying on track. We'd love to help you with notifications! Feel free to reach out to our support team and we can go from there.

Replied May 2020

Great for Teams!

We have people working remotely and in office, so monday.com allowed us to keep up to date with each other's projects, while also making sure not to miss on anything on the ones we collaborate on. It is a great tool for teams.

Pros

Our marketing team each had different roles, so Monday.com allowed for us to all work on the same project but keep each other updated on our specific duties. It was great for showing timelines of work, and being specific to each team member's task list.

Cons

Sometimes it was pretty busy. Lots of color, lots of tabs, lots of options. But once you did some user friendly searching, it was good.

Luis

Great for task management and tracking

Great for task management and tracking tasks, but it lacks notifications about when a task is done or when someone posts updates. It just notifies you when someone tags you on the tasks.

Pros

It's easy to start with the themes they have right now. You can create boards to group the tasks easily. Task creation process is concrete and simple, so you don't loss time on that. You just need to look for the task you want implement the structure from the themes, and that's all.

Cons

They don't include more users with the initial setup and pricing, if you have a big company, then you will spend a lot of money with Monday. It worths it but there are other alternatives.

Loren