What are Moz users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Moz software through verified user reviews

• icon"What I like about Moz is that you can get a lot of meaningful insights for more than just one website. Things like that can really help you boos your site's performance, even without paid ads."
  • icon"The platform is very simple and straight forward. I would recommend this tool for business owners with a small budget."
  • icon"Covers whole breadth of needs. Good value for price, generally."
  • icon"Rank tracker in particular has been a source of frustration, with the feature just not working at all for weeks."
  • icon"The Moz bar sometimes does not show data many times or creates loading errors for a few of the websites."
  • icon"The complaint I would make against Moz is the same one I would make against SEM Rush: These are tools that seem to be made for IT/web developers more than marketing directors."

Browse all Moz Reviews

• Have you used Moz and would like to share your experience with others?

Dylan

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

For SEO, Moz does it all

Muneeb

April 2022

Moz pro is the best tool for SEO

It's a great tool but requires technical understanding of SEO

Pros

Moz's SERP checker and site auditing functions are very popular because they work very well. It is also very easy to differentiate spammy sites by using their spam score tool.

Cons

Moz is more expensive than other tools and some key features require extra payments.

Reasons for choosing Moz

It's easier to scale with Moz

Features and scalability

Response from Moz

Thanks for your review, Muneeb! Glad to know SERP and site audit features are helpful for you. As for pricing, considering the number of tools and features provided, we do believe Moz is competitively priced.

Joshua

Moz Local is a MUST for any small business owner

I've had a great experience with Moz Local over the past 4 years. Nothing negative to say, their syndication and reporting and noting of duplicates is great and a must have for any small business owner.

Pros

This is insanely easy to setup and use and the reporting and information it provides a small business owner is great. I work with clients that range from 200+ locations down to 1 location and this software is perfect for small business owners. The reporting is quick and easy and clients love being able to login and see most everything in 2-3 clicks.

Cons

I wish they could automate some of their process for bigger clients, but the reason they are so cost friendly is because you have to do "some" manual work to clean up duplicates.

Reasons for choosing Moz

Moz is a more cost efficient product and provides more for small business owners than Yext does.

Response from Moz

Hey Joshua! Thanks for the stellar review. We're happy to know you enjoy Moz Local and find it easy to set up and use!

Replied December 2020

Faiz

Best Online tool for Keyword Tracking and Performance Checking

Overall I'll give 7 out of 10 for Moz Pro. If you want in-depth keywords tracking then use try it.

Pros

Moz Pro is one of the top SEO Tool. there are some reasons I liked and prefer MOZ Pro, first they have very good keyword tracking features that are not available in any other application. It'll give an in-depth insight into your and your competitor keywords if you add a project. Second, these metrics are helpful to predict website performance.

Cons

Well, everything is fine enough. I can do my work easily nothing is bad to say about Moz Pro software.

Response from Moz

Thanks so much for your review, Faiz! Awesome to know that you're enjoying the keyword tracking and website performance capabilities in Moz Pro.

Replied June 2021

David H.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tool with basic features

Pros

I've tried various SEO-related tools, as part of my work as a content marketing practitioner. Moz can be integrated into the browser as an extension, which makes it easy to use on-demand. I particularly use it to expose 'no-follow' links on Web pages. This is very helpful when considering the application of backlinks via publishing on sites that enable content syndication. The 'free' MozBar will meet the basic needs of most novice or experienced digital marketers, but the 'paid' version offers many more features.

Cons

The tool sometime needs to use browser features that may be turned-off by default - such as 3rd party cookies in the Chrome browser. The user interface is okay for many users, but will require some investment in time.

Matthew

February 2022

"My Review Moz Pro"

Moz became our backlink tools. It is affordable and offers great value. Moz is a great tool for SEO auditing and reporting. The insights I gain from the tool are extremely useful and helped me achieve high rankings on search engine results pages. Moz is a great tool for tracking 'nofollow' links and backlink analysis

Pros

MoxPro is my first choice for site and page ranking. They seem more reliable than other sites. It is a great tool to find opportunities to track any link and check for errors, It also helps me to perform SEO audits. It is an integral part of any company's marketing toolkit.

Cons

It can sometimes seem overwhelming to a new user with so many features. A user guide would be helpful. Moz will prepare you for a 30-minute consultation. However, these consultations can take two weeks or more, so you will have to figure everything out yourself. Moz could be so much better if it allowed you to suggest keywords and links. We have all the tools, and despite this small detail Moz pro is a great tool for Marketing

Response from Moz

Thanks for your fantastic review, Mathew! Great to know that Moz Pro is an integral part of your marketing toolkit and that you gain valuable insights and are able to rank higher due to it. If you need help with the tool, feel free to check out our Help Hub at https://moz.com/help/need-more-help/help-with-moz-tools/moz-pro-help You can also always email our Help Team at help@moz.com, and they'll be able to direct you to more helpful resources.

Replied March 2022

Phil

Best SEO and analytics tool for marketers

By leveraging Moz Pro, we have increased and scaled our organic search listings which is helping us drive more and more qualified leads. We couldn't be happier with our investment in Moz!

Pros

Moz has already been a leader in SEO technology, and our advertising agency is now licensing the software to improve our keyword research and organic listings. By utilizing Moz, we are now ranking near the top for our most important keyword terms.

Cons

Like any new software platform, it takes time to become efficient and effective using the tools. We have no complaints.

Features and pricing.

Response from Moz

Thanks for leaving this great review, Phil! We appreciate it & hope you continue to see some great success using Moz Pro.

Replied April 2021

Zev

My Favorite SEO Tool

Our company is a digital marketing company so we utilize a lot of the available SEO tools and Moz is one of the favorites among my team.

Pros

There are a lot of features offered and data is provided very quickly. You can easily set up and store different campaigns and a lot of insights available.

Cons

Not a lot of customization in the reporting. There are also a lot of error messages that occur when utilizing the different features of the site.

Reasons for switching to Moz

Wanted to explore alternative options and had heard good things from a colleague.

Devin

Good Value for the Cost

Moz is easy to use and has been great for allowing our in-house content team to quickly perform simple keyword research.

Pros

Moz Pro has a more intuitive & user-friendly interface than other SEO tools and is a great option for an in-house team of mid-level SEOs - people who aren't necessarily looking to dive deeply into the super nitty-gritty stuff.

Cons

The estimated keyword volumes seem to be much lower than those reported by the other tools we use. The number of ranking keywords also seems to be less than what other tools report for many URLs.

Reasons for choosing Moz

We actually use the aforementioned products as well.

Katlego

Moz Pro

It's not a bad solution at all. I tried it because of its popularity and I went back to the usual solution I use. Perhaps had I given it more time I would have found more value.

Pros

I was using SEMRush and Moz Pro simultaneously and I believe the user dashboard is a little intimidating but overall it is a great product.

Cons

The dashboard can be a bit complex for a first time user. It's not as intuitive as other competing solutions.

Reasons for switching to Moz

SEMRush is an overall better offering and much easier to understand the workflows and dashboard.

Response from Moz

Hi Katlego! Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate it.

Replied January 2021

Prabhakar

April 2022

Best tool for Keyword research and reporting

Moz is a little bit tough to use but it has powerful features. It is totally worth of money.

Pros

The best thing about this tool is its reporting system. It generates very helpful and beautiful reports for me and my clients.

Cons

Analyzing backlinks can be improved. MOre sorting and filters can be added.

Response from Moz

Hi Prabhakar! Thanks for your review. Exciting to know you make good use of reports for yourself and your clients. We appreciate the feedback on backlink analyses and have shared that with the team. If you need any help with any features please check out our Help Hub here: https://moz.com/help or if you have any questions you can always reach us by email at help@moz.com.

Allie

May 2022

Outstanding Tool

Pros

It is beyond easy to use! Everyone from a junior analyst to the CMO will be able to understand the platform and navigate. I really appreciate how quickly the data refreshes. I also really appreciate how easy the reporting is to generate and process.

Cons

I wish the foreign language options were broader and more robust.

Response from Moz

Thanks so much for your review, Allie! Wonderful to know that you find Moz Pro easy to use and find the data and reporting helpful. We've shared your feedback about the foreign language options with the team.

Saif

Just a Fine Tool For SEO

Pros

Most important part of Moz Pro i liked its ranking factor i.e, DA and PA also weather ranking is helpfuly whenever there is any turbelence in google ranking it quick updates. Also Moz Pro is for Website audit some of the features are best for on-page audit.

Cons

The least thing i like about moz pro is there backlink database they dont have big database if you arr doing competetitor research then it will not helpful thats why i think Moz pro pricing is high.

Response from Moz

Thanks for the great review, Saif! Great to hear that you are getting good use out of Moz Pro and especially regarding website audits and ranking factors. Thank you for the feedback on our pricing - we believe Moz is competitively priced considering the number of tools and features it provides. Let us know if we can help you with choosing an optimal plan for you!

Santosh

An SEOs bread and butter - but has been struggling since the migrated their server

An essential tool for an SEO. A few niggly bits but it remains my weapon of choice for SEO tasks because of a nice set of tools and a clean, clutter-free UI.

Pros

The clean, clutter-free UX and the SEO tools such as page optimisation scores and rankings etc. are excellent. The monthly report setup is easy and straight forward and the crawls are easy to execute. A good package overall. A big shoutout to the customer support team - [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is a joy to interact with and is always ready to help whenever there is an issue. The technical SEO issues Moz identifies are excellent and reliable. Our technical SEO audits would not be possible without Moz.

Cons

The weekly updates of Search Visibility are not ideal. Ranking data can sometimes take more than a week to populate which is not ideal when you are on a deadline finishing an audit. Also, since their migrated their servers a couple of months or so ago, their crawls and data population have been flaky with crawls getting stuck etc. Most recently, the PDF report generation has been an issue which has not been ideal. Moz is our primary tool and we count on its reliability. Here's hoping the software stabilises again, soon. And yes - Moz's rogerbot cannot crawl Javascript sites which is not ideal. But then, I am not sure if any SEO tool other than ScreamingFrog can crawl Javascript sites. Here is hoping this feature gets added soon!

Response from Moz

Thanks for the review, Santosh! Amazing to hear that you're enjoying the UI/UX and so many of the features and are excited about recommending them. We've shared your feedback with the team, thank you.

Replied October 2021

Amy

A great high-level SEO platform for Marketing Executives

For over a year I have run side-by-side comparisons of both SEM and Moz. I have run reports on my clients' websites, used the platform for new-business purposes, and have used Moz extensively for keyword research. On all these fronts Moz excelled. I would happily recommend it to any CMO/Marketing Director-level person who's trying to build a strategy. But if you're a small agency trying to figure out which subscription to keep, it might be SEM Rush only for the ability to drill down deeper. I personally didn't enjoy using SEM Rush compared to Moz. Moz gave me information with a minimal of annoyance. Moz is built for the big picture. Between SEM Rush and Moz? Moz will make you feel like a genious.

Pros

Moz has a really lovely and user-friendly interface that makes it easy for me to pull great-looking reports for clients and for myself. Moz natively generates just the right amount of detail -- not too much or too little -- to make it a great selling tool for Account Directors or in-house Marketing Directors. And it's intuitive enough that you can step away from it for a month or two and go back in and find everything you need in just a few minutes. That said, this platform also offers up lots of detail. I've definitely done some deep-dive keyword research using Moz alongside SEM Rush and been very pleased with what Mox came back with.

Cons

The complaint I would make against Moz is the same one I would make against SEM Rush: These are tools that seem to be made for IT/web developers more than marketing directors. It's hard to get a CMO-level report out of either of them. That said, I would definitely say Moz is more "client-friendly." Honestly, SEM Rush and Moz excel at different things, and they're both expensive. If push comes to shove, you may choose SEM Rush for its breadth of data, but then berate yourself for losing the user-friendliness of Moz.

Reasons for choosing Moz

Much simpler user interface. It's made for persuading CEOs as opposed to CTOs.

Reasons for switching to Moz

Moz was a little higher-level, a little more intuitive. I could step away for a couple on months and then step back in and totally know my way around. It's easy to pull reports for clients.

Response from Moz

Thanks for the great review Amy, that was very insightful. It's great to know that you really enjoy using the tools and find so much value in them.

Replied December 2020

Adam

Provides solid SEO monitoring but is falling behind competitors.

This system monitors keyword performance, provides several useful SEO metrics, and also makes those metrics available in a browser toolbar. I would say MOZ is easily in the top two SEO tools available.

Pros

MOZ is a solid SEO monitoring tool that we will likely continue to use. It provides keyword tracking but takes it a step further in a couple of ways. The system provides a metric called Search Visibility. This score can either be applied to all of the keywords that are being tracked or just the keywords within a user controlled category. So this helps us understand how the site is performing but also individual product categories. We are also able to see how three competitors compare. The system is junk in, junk out. So if you don't track the right keywords, then you aren't going to get good information. But if used appropriately, you likely won't find a better system for the money.

Cons

As of the Summer of 2017, the company has fallen behind some of its competitors. Not to the point that we are going to make a switch. But we do have smaller subscriptions to their competitors to take advantage of all systems. MOZ has really fallen behind in two ways: Domain Authority and Backlinks. Domain Authority is a metric used to gauge the overall strength of a website. It gets updated semi frequently and MOZ has made bad updates before. There are better metrics that gauge the likelihood the site will rank. But we still use DA in combination with those other metrics from other companies. I do think DA does a good job of putting websites into different buckets. But if two sites are within 5-7 points, it is really almost a wash. The second area is the number of backlinks the system detects. In most instances, we have seen other backlink checkers find twice as many backlinks. Again, we use all available backlink checkers. But MOZ isn't leading the industry here.

Chamath

One of a best SEO tool with awesome learning resources

Moz-Pro not only provides you with SEO software but also tools and training platform. It provides guaranteed results that are to be trusted. Its features are also vast and important for the users' needs.

Pros

Moz-Pro is a combination of various SEO tools. It also has free tools which include keyword explore and open site explorer which are available to use for as many times as you can. Its chrome extension called Moz Bar provides you with information about the domain rank or page authority on the search engine results page. In case you subscribe for Moz-Pro, the tools that you will have access to can’t be available to the person who hasn't subscribed for it. Pros of Moz-Pro - 1. It is a comprehensive toolkit Since Moz-Pro is a combination of several SEO tools, it has a variety of features that make it have an impressive range that covers any role you want it to play in boosting the search engine’s rank. 2. It has the best learning and resource guides. Moz-Pro is designed in a way that its users can learn from the various video tutorials and guides it provides. In case you do n’t know how to use it, there are guides, packages, community forums and also posts that are there to make you understand. 3. It is easy to use and operate Moz-Pro. Although it has many SEO tools, there is no confusion when it comes to using and operating it. Its processes are very easy to follow and in case you have any problem you can get help in its guide or video tutorials.

Cons

Cons of Moz-Pro. 1. Subscription is needed. Although it has free tools, you need to subscribe so that you can access the other tools that aren’t free. Tools such as campaign crawl test, on page grader and rank tracker can only be accessed by the subscribed users and are not available without subscription. 2. It is very expensive. Moz-Pro user requires much capital when it comes to subscribing to get important tools that aren’t available without subscription. You are also required to pay an extra amount of money if your operations are large since the campaigns or keywords are limited.

Brooks

No longer an industry leader, but still a solid product

Moz Pro helps us with Local SEO, keyword tracking (for specific locations which is awesome), backlink analysis, reporting, and technical site crawls. I utilize the community Q&A to bounce questions off of other experts as well.

Pros

Having used many SEO softwares and Digital Marketing Suites, my favorite thing about Moz is its approach to data. The team at Moz is meticulous in producing accurate and responsible data within their tool. Domain Authority (along with the MozBar) are incredibly helpful in gauging a site's ability to rank. I love their keyword tracker - it's really easy to use. Since its most recent update, Moz's link explorer is now one of the best and boasts one of the largest link databases in the industry. Last but not least, the Moz community is incredible. The Q&A is great and high quality, really helpful.

Cons

I don't necessarily dislike anything about Moz (I do think the user interface could be better), but in general almost every one of their tools has a superior option out there. SEMRush has far better keyword and topical research tools, Screaming Frog performs a better crawl, Majestic (subjectively) has better link data, and Ahrefs has better reports (in my opinion). I also think since seemingly changing who they do citation management through, their Local SEO tool is not what it should be.

Rob

Powerful but flawed

As the person on our team tasked with optimizing our website and content for search, I have gotten a lot of use out of Moz. It's generally a good tool for accomplishing the basics, which for me means doing the day-to-day of SEO-informed content marketing, such as keyword research, campaign tracking, some link-building, etc. I hear that there are some pricier alternatives that work better in specific areas, but as a decently priced option that does everything pretty well, Moz is a good choice. I've gotten great results in boosting our site's performance in my time using it.

Pros

I quite enjoy using Moz most of the time. It does a lot of different tasks quite well, including keyword research, SERPs ranking monitoring, backlink checking, etc. For budding SEOs on teams with the budget, it's a useful tool to get started with. I currently use it daily at work, and I find it works great for my main use for it, being tracking rankings both daily and as part of ongoing campaigns to increase our company's standing in Google search.

Cons

My main gripe with this software is that it seems features are often struggling to work correctly. Rank tracker in particular has been a source of frustration, with the feature just not working at all for weeks. While it's not strictly necessary to monitor the day-by-day ranking fluctuation of pages against specific keywords, it's something that Moz's rank tracker is supposed to enable you to do, so the fact that it doesn't work consistently is quite annoying.

Lois

May 2022

A matter of preference

Overall Moz helped us to keep track of various website ranks and was a useful tool in KW research and analysis.

Pros

Moz is just an authority... it's where I started my SEO journey, as did many other marketers. I like the rank tracking feature and backlink reporting

Cons

It's Google only, which isn't the end of the world considering, well... Google! But when their competitors have more data, I've got to count it against them.

Reasons for choosing Moz

We're actually also using Ahrefs and it is my preferred software, the analysis just feels more complete and you have more metrics to work with.

Reasons for switching to Moz

Majestic is very limited on features

Ardalan

Industry: Medical Devices

A must-have SEO tool

Pros

Moz includes the most important features you expect from an online SEO tool. Backlink analysis, keyword tracker, domain analysis, onsite and offsite SEO, organic traffic analysis, and competitor analysis (just SEO). That's why I call is a must-have app. I've used many other SEO apps (such as SEMRush) and the majority of them are helpful but only for your research stage. After that, you will end up paying for features that you won't be using that much. Plus, Moz pricing has been same for a few years now.

Cons

There is a section for "insights" to help users understand a few actionable tasks to improve their website SEO score but at this point, Moz's "insights" is premature. Reporting is not a decent feature in Moz. You will find some options for PDF exports but most important charts are not supported and you can only export CSV files and then make similar charts yourself.

Kevin

MOZ Pro - a powerful tool for SEO

Moz Pro packages the entire software into a beautiful UX/UI with awesome data visualization, which is extremely helpful for me to look through the data without feeling frustrated on 'what am I really looking at?' Moz Chrome Extension is a great tool for getting things like Page Rank and SERP standing, which helps me identify how my competition is doing and prospecting new leads. Would only recommend Moz Pro to the seasoned professional who understands SEO.

Pros

Moz Pro is a comprehensive SEO tool for marketers like myself, and it packs a ton of features like keyword explorer and backlink checker that are an absolute must for crafting any digital marketing strategy. I'm probably in these two tool sets the most, and I love Moz Pro's Keyword explorer more than any other SEO software I've tried. The Keyword explorer helps you find both short and long-tail keywords that are profitable in your desired niche, and helps round out your keyword strategy with lucrative or hidden keywords that you may not have known about before. This helps you craft blog posts and put those keywords you just found through Moz Pro to gain new traffic through organic (or paid) search.

Cons

Moz Pro and (SEO) requires a lot of patience and a bit of knowledge in what SEO, keywords, SERP really is before you get the maximum benefits of Moz Pro. I wouldn't recommend the Pro version to anyone before they try out Moz standard version or at least do a bit of reading in SEO. It took me about a solid 2-3 months of really putting Moz Pro to the test before I understood everything.

Robert E.

Industry: Publishing

July 2016

MOZ.com = Software created by SEO experts

MOZ.com (formerly SEOMoz.com) provides SEO software, tools and training. What I like most about MOZ is that I trust their results. Additionally, I always look to their thought leadership and training on any topic related to SEO, SEM, PPC, Keyword Research, Local SEO, etc.

Pros

MOZ is feature-rich with multiple modules and the ability to track performance of multiple websites. Products include: -Moz Pro - Search Marketing: -Moz Local - Local Search Marketing -Moz Content - Content Marketing -Followerwonk - Twitter Analytics -Mozscape API

Cons

MOZ, although feature rich, is somewhat expensive for the base package. If you want the other modules like Keyword Research, Backlink Reports, Local SEO, you have to pay extra for each.

My Very First Crawling App, great experience

The first time I started working in digital marketing, I had to use this tool and it was very useful to start learning the fundamentals of web crawling and understand the different common metrics of the digital environment.

Pros

A very friendly design, keyword monthly tracking, extensive competition analysis according to searches. The Chrome extension is very useful for quick views of the pages you browse through. The best thing that it has without a doubt is the extensive guide both of the characteristics of the tool itself, and of the market in which it lives.

Cons

You have to be very specific with the keywords that are added to the projects, because otherwise you get metrics that can be very different from the real ones, for better and for worse. At first it was an accessible tool for medium-sized agencies, but its price increased more than I expected.

diksha

Industry: Writing and Editing

Best Companion to analyze my content

As discussed above, Keyword Explorer is my favorite of all its features. My contents backed with the keywords researched by employing this tool has really helped me rank my page. Furthermore, the suggestions advanced by Moz coupled with SERP analysis serves as a complete package to inspect the performance of my work.

Pros

Moz Pro is not only a software, but also a self-performance examination tool, which has given me some commendable insights into my content. Moreover, its special feature- Keyword Explorer has been working wonders for me. Being a content writer, it helps me stay connected to the identical pertinence and structure, to each content that I draft.

Cons

On a bigger front, I really cannot fish for any cons for Moz Pro. But I would like the concerned authorities to kindly allow the other nations apart from the U.S. to access the database/crawler/metrics.

Moz