• Pros

• "I like how easy this software is to navigate."

• "Ease of use, flexibility, reliability, lots of features that can be used intuitively. Great tutorials when new features and/or updates occur."

• "The software is very easy to use and great for people who want to create a quick and good looking press release. The software formats it for you. "

• Cons

• "Non that I can think of, easy to work with and the Newswire internal staff always go out of there way to make sure the customer is happy."

• "As always with Newswire, I wish there was a slightly larger allotted word count included in the base price."

• "No issues with this team or software. Very easy to use."

Browse Newswire Reviews

Jennifer from Roberts & Ryan Investments Inc.

Newswire is a progressive step in the right direction

I am very pleased at the rapid response from Customer Service and their ability and patience to assist me, even if it's last minute.

Pros

I am able to access it whenever I want. I can manipulate it without going through a "representative". It's hands-on and self-explanatory.

Cons

There are some features I wish were more user-friendly, such as returning to the previous page w/o having to go back through the browser.

Reasons for Choosing Newswire

Better control of marketing materials, better monitoring systems in place, better customer service and communication, more media outlets offered and the price point was right for a small start-up company.

Reasons for Switching to Newswire

Business Wire was too regimental, expensive and had little options for the price point.

News distribution

Newswire helped us figure out a way to distribute news across the organization!

Pros

We use Newswire at our organization to distribute press releases to all of our employees. Its an automated tool that works well.

Cons

Currently, we do not have any cons from using Newswire. It has done an excellent job of getting press releases and alerts out to our employees.

Stephanie from Red Hot Publishing

Industry: Publishing

Save your money and run a targeted ad.

Realized absolutely NO benefits from using a press release service. Incredibly disappointing.

Pros

I have nothing against Newswire. They delivered as promised. They posted where they said they would, their website was easy to navigate, and the overall experience was smooth and professional. But for the cost, I expected *some* results. The only responses I received to our press release were from other people trying to sell me on their press release service, or websites offering to get my company exposure on their blog for a substantial fee. Overall, using this service was a complete waste of time for our product. I wish I'd run targeted ads to potential customers with the money instead. Lesson learned. I will never use a press release service again.

Cons

See above. No need to type it all again.

Response from Newswire.com

Replied January 2019

Hi Stephanie, Thank you for your feedback. It's unfortunate to hear that your press release campaign did not yield the results you had expected. I do see there was a good amount of views and some social media shares to your PR however ultimately I do understand if you were measuring ROI thru another metric. If ever you'd like to considering trying our service out again, I'd like to discuss with you, your expectations of the campaign so we can strategize on the best options for your campaign next time. If you have any other questions or would like to try us out again, please do not hesitate to contact me, patrick@newswire.com. Thank you!

Simple, Easy Press Release

I needed to get an important press release out quickly and to as many channels as possible. Newswire allowed me to get the job done efficiently and successfully.

Pros

Newswire is so convenient and easy to use. It makes press release distribution a breeze.

Cons

I can't think of any thing I don't like about it.

Jessica from Living Stones Church - Alvin, TX

Easy to use and HUGE database which is frequently updated

Pros

I loved the database and search features. We could tailor lists to pres release subject matter. It was also easy to use with great customer service. Organizing multiple campaigns and lists was very easy as well.

Cons

Sometimes there's almost too much data to sort through. But that's a minor issue easily navigated with the search features.

Jennifer from DNA Marketing

Easy, Affordable Wire Service

We are using Newswire for basic news distribution services for our clients. The benefits of using them vs. PR Newswire or Business Wire is the cost-effectiveness to wire the releases.

Pros

The Newswire support team is top notch. They are highly responsive, easy to reach, and always very helpful. What's great is that even if you are using their lower end release option, you can still schedule your releases to go out quickly. Other services we've used don't offer that flexibility. Their prices options are great; they offer some of the most affordable distribution options we've seen.

Cons

Their basic wire option is pretty limited as far as the contact list it's distributed to - it would be nice if they included the Business Journals on that list. We'd be far happier overall if that was the case.

Kayla from Check Into Cash

Great tool for press releases

Pros

We use Newswire for press releases. It's easy for us to use and we're able to do press releases for multiple businesses owned by our parent company.

Cons

I don't have any cons for this software. It meets the needs that my company has

Incredibly straightforward and easy to use. Pretty much essential in PR

Pros

First, for the price, absolutely nothing can beat it. Everything is right on the front page when you log in and it is incredibly easy to navigate. All the big hitting stories are compiled right there for you!

Cons

I would really like it if you could compile a list of news and stories and export it straight from the website to an excel document or something along those lines.

José Octavio from Punta Pacifica Realty

Great to create awareness

Easy to use, easy to upload pictures and beautify the article, little training besides a common sense required and an excellent customer service.

Pros

As a company, we appreciate the fact of reaching sites and locations with news from Panama Real Estate that, alone couldn't make it. Targeting our message to a specific audience, and spreading it out to North America (which is our main desire market) is invaluable and worth the investment.

Cons

I have to say that it has become a bit expensive, but as mentioned, totally worth it.

Great SEO Boost

I was able to easily set up my press release on the very first one. The features included in the package worked well. The day after publishing the press release we saw an immediate and large boost to our website traffic and it has now been sustained for 7 days bringing great awareness to our new products. Our company will be purchasing a package of press releases to lower the cost.

Pros

The Newswire software is very easy to use and isn't glitchy like some other PR services. I was able to easily add my in text hyperlinks, images and videos.

Cons

I did not have any issues with the software.

Shane from Smart Crowdfunding LLC

Newswire is One of the Best Services Out There

We have been customers of Newswire for a while now. Originally, we thought we would "give it a try", and ended up becoming loyal customers. After what we called the testing period, our entire office decided they were the best agency we had trialed, and we have stuck with them ever since. Our agency Smart Crowdfunding works with people who are running crowdfunding campaigns in all areas of crowdfunding, so there are times we are sending out multiple press releases on behalf of our customers. Our customers are always very happy with the Newswire report we provide them, and the sites they are featured in. The upload system is very simple, and easy to use. The customer service at Newswire is also top-notch. They take good care of their customers, and always take care of any issues or problems right away. We are extremely happy with the service we have received. The only thing we would add is an auto-save feature. It is frustrating when a computer glitch occurs, and the entire upload has been lost.

Pros

Easy to use Simplicity Quality

Cons

Does not auto-save Limited hyperlinks

Response from Newswire.com

Replied February 2017

Thank you Shane for sharing your experience at Newswire.com. We appreciate your feedback, since we consider you as a leading agency in the crowdfunding space. We look forward to continuing to strengthen our partnership and assisting you with your customer's success. We have also added an autosave feature under Distribution > Press Releases > Autosave. Please let us know your feedback and how we can improve this platform feature. Thank you.

Leesy from Impact Communications

The team at Newswire is fantastic and very professional. Jon is top-notch!

Pros

Very simple to use. Even when we've had issues with errors, the Newswire team has gone above and beyond to help fix the problem. For example, we sent out a release with a critical error in the title - completely an oversight by us - and the Newswire team resent the wire and went downstream to try to repair the error. I always breath easy when sending out an announcement on Newswire, because I know it will be done right and the pick up will fit our client's needs. I feel like the team at Newswire is an extension of our team. Bravo!

Cons

Overall, very user friendly. A couple of small nits to pick - I'd like to see a "full justify" option on the body of text. Also, would like to see more links allowed as part of the wire price. We're seeing more and more opportunities to link within the release to 4-5 social media platforms, as well as client or product sites, and link to the media contact's email address - 8 links goes very quickly. Pie in the sky - I'd like to see an image/logo built into the price of the wire that goes downstream beyond the PRNewswire pick up.

Response from Newswire.com

Replied January 2018

Thank you Leesy for taking the time to share your experience with Newswire. We will submit your recommendations to our team and see what we can do to allow additional links as an add-on. Should you need any additional assistance, please feel free let us know and we are always here to help.

Gail from Valeskie Data/Word Processing

Industry: Writing and Editing

Newswire makes me look great in print!

Posting releases for my clients gains them excellent exposure. The stat reports amaze them, the layout and features look so professional and increases pickup rates from other online news sources. The support team goes the extra mile for customer service and satisfaction; no question or concern is too small or unimportant. When I've had ideas to improve "life" - like the category search feature - they listen and implement when feasible. I love Newswire - it is the best service out there with the biggest bang for the buck!

Pros

Cons

Not a single thing to dislike.

Response from Newswire.com

Replied February 2017

Thank you Gail for sharing your experience at Newswire.com. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to helping you with your next campaign. We will submit your suggestions to the team for consideration. Should you need any additional assistance, please feel free let us know and we are always here to help.

Robert from Inspire Investing

Industry: Investment Management

Easy to use news release tool, but with some censorship issues

Overall we are happy with Newswire's service and have used it to great benefit of our organization. I encourage Newswire to re-think their censorship approach to conservative viewpoints on LGBT issues. If not for that problem, Newswire would receive my highest rating.

Pros

Newswire is really easy to use. It has a simple interface and effectively helps create a solid PR piece quickly to push out to the world.

Cons

We have had some of our content censored where Newswire and their distribution partners have refused to publish our release. The content in question was regarding LGBT issues, addressed from a politically and socially conservative viewpoint. Newswire has published many other releases on LGBT issues from a politically and socially liberal viewpoint, so it is disappointing that they would choose to censor conservative voices on their platform in regard to this issue.

Brittany from Vidatronic

Industry: Semiconductors

Newswire is Reasonably Priced and Easy to Use

Pros

Newswire is reasonably priced and easy to use. I can have a press release uploaded and distributed in less than an hour. They also have great customer service - I once had an error in a press release that had already been distributed. Once I contacted them, they updated the error on their site and contacted companies that had published the press release to have them correct the error on my behalf in a really timely manner.

Cons

The introductory price point for a single release, while reasonable, does not result in high levels of traffic for us. The backlinks are helpful to our overall end goal, but the outlets aren't big enough to lead to revenue. The Premium Plus I think would be a better source, however, the price point doesn't work for us right now.

Frank from Jeroboam Group

Newswire

Good overall experiences, I would recommend them to any client that is looking to have more of a public persona out to the general public.

Pros

This is a great option to get information out about your company, along with new events or any type of awards or accolades that you have received. Newswire has quite a few offerings for companies that are looking to grow there business, and reach out to new clients with there solutions.

Christina from Freelancer

Amazing

I am about to connect with the many brands I work with very easily.

Pros

I like how easy this software is to navigate.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Frank from Sisense

Best value for the inevitable long releases

A more affordable, intuitive platform for press releases than any other I've worked with. And still gets comparable reach/impact.

Pros

1. Cost efficiency. Press releases should be concise, but squeezing it to under 400 words with other services can be a pain - most of the time you end up paying way more for every extra 100 words, or pay a premium for unlimited word packages. I love the flexibility of Newswire & not needing to worry about the word count. 2. Intuitive platform. Really easy to work with - it's an interface that just makes sense.

Cons

Compared with other services it's not always the best for getting a release up *immediately*. Make sure to give them at least a few hours notice, and more if it is outside of business hours. That said, when I've needed something to post urgently, they are very helpful and responsive.

Reasons for Switching to Newswire

It was a no-brainer, given that we can still get PR Newswire distribution for our major releases through Newswire, without worrying about the word count.

David from Travel Industry

Industry: Government Relations

My preferred team for press releases

I've worked with a number of similar agencies over the years and Newswire is consistently top notch. Easy to work with and always a stellar final product.

Pros

Really great team, very attentive and thorough with their feedback. I've trusted them with numerous projects and they always deliver.

Cons

No issues with this team or software. Very easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing Newswire

great team of writers and managers.

Reasons for Switching to Newswire

Really enjoyed working with the team

Marianne from Marianne Pestana LLC

Best place to submit a press release

It's been great! Over the years everyone here has been very helpful and professional.

Pros

Newswire is easy to use, and gets the best reach than any other press release company that I've used before. I've recommended this service to my clients and friends in the PR, and they all love them!.

Cons

Nothing to add in this place. Perhaps that the review time after hours or over the weekend is a little faster.

Tracy from Ailey

Great Resource for News Distribution

My overall experience with Newswire has been fantastic.

Pros

Newswire is an effective tool that makes sending our press releases seamless. The tool also allows one to track distribution very well.

Cons

The service can be a little pricey. Many items add up. Wish there was a way to receive more discounts.

Tanya from LearningRx

Best online digital press release system with lower cost investment than all the others

Great way to get information out on the internet...

Pros

Great support, low cost, and very helpful tool to use when we have information to share

Cons

Lost some of the options I had when I first started and the price was raised, but still cheaper than other options

gene from ASEMC

Newswire Agency Level services

Having used internet press releases for clients for over 10 years we have a lot of experience with different providers. Newswire has been outstanding on all fronts.

Pros

most everything

Cons

Their interface needs some tweaking to remember various client distribution categories

Response from Newswire.com

Replied February 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Newswire.com. We look forward to serving you and your clients to even greater success in the future. Feel free to reach out if you need any assistance with your upcoming campaigns.

Char from DRB Group/Dan Ryan Builders

Easy to Use

I had a great experience with representative who helped me with an issue.

Pros

The press release template style formatting walks you through step by step on how to create your release.

Cons

It can be a bit cumbersome to apply certain features.

Maddy from Montage Partners

Good for State or Regional Releases

Depending on the package, Newswire provides satisfactory coverage for a lower price than other platforms.

Pros

State and regional releases are sent through PR Newswire (Cision), which I've found to achieve the highest-quality pickups. Newswire nickels and dimes less than PR Newswire (but sends through the same platform), and Newswire's customer service is phenomenal.

Cons

One of our releases mentioned a public company, and so Newswire sent it through Accesswire instead of Cision. We were picked up by fewer outlets and the quality was lower.

Curtis from The Tour Guy

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easy and Fast

Pros

The software platform was incredibly easy to use. Very user friendly and straight forward.

Lance from Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Pleased with Newswire

Prior to using Newswire, we routed most of our releases through our PR firm. Using Newswire allows for great self-service options and the "pay as you go" feature is economical. Doing the basic releases in-house (with Newswire's help) allows us to refocus our firm's time and energy on higher-level work for the firm.

Pros

Set-up is easy, and the overall user interface is straightforward and easy-to-use.

Cons

The only issue we've had was a change that was made during the editing process that was different than our internal style. Customer service quickly jumped into action, helped make necessary changes and set up necessary safeguards moving forward. Mistakes happen, but Newswire's responsiveness was appreciated.

Jennifer from Roberts & Ryan Investments, Inc.

Customer Service Prevails

The customer service is awesome. The attentiveness that is given to me speaks much louder than anything else.

Pros

So far, it seems very user friendly, but I need to use it more to learn o all its capabilities.

Cons

I don't like the lack of ease from returning to the previous viewed page. I have to use the internet toolbar back button to return to the previous page.

Reasons for Switching to Newswire

They were costly and limited in scope.

MEGHAN from CLI DIGITAL MEDIA

ITS BEEN FABULOUS

Pros

THAT IT IS EASY TO USE. THE PROCESS IS VERY STREAMLINED AND CAN BE ACCESSED WITHOUT JUMPING THROUGH A LOT OF HOOPS.

Cons

THAT THE DASHBOARD IS BUSY LOOKING. THE TEXT IS A BIT SMALL AND MAKES THE WORDS BUNCHED TOGETHER BUT IT IS NOT A DEAL BREAKER.

Response from Newswire.com

Replied January 2018

Thank you Meghan for taking the time to share your experience with Newswire. We also received Rose's comments. Your input is appreciated and we will submit your suggestion on making the menu items more streamlined. Should you need any additional assistance, please feel free let us know and we are always here to help.

Cassandra from Cape Fear Solar Systems

Newswire is easy to use and effective

Pros

Sending media releases in Newswire saves a ton of time and is very effective. Reports are easy to understand and customer support is great!

Cons

I do wish the price was lower for small businesses.

Rose from CLi Digital Media

It has a great look for social media and blog updates.

Pros

The look of the profile is great. Being able to add multiple business and press releases. It is great to have everything showing in one place.

Cons

It can be hard to find where to update things on the left sidebar. I had trouble finding customization as I thought it would be under company

Response from Newswire.com

Replied January 2018

Thank you Rose for taking the time to share your experience with Newswire. We look forward to working with you and CLi Digital on your next campaigns. Should you need any additional assistance, please feel free let us know and we are always here to help.

Christine from Longview

Easy team to work with!

Pros

Newswire is easy to work with, responsive and timely in PR distribution.

Cons

Some distribution packages are not available online and an email is required to purchase. Selecting distribution channels at times need Newswire (human) intervention to understand what is included.

Minnie from Foleon

Great newswire software with amazing customer service

Despite being a very self-reliant platform, I actually found interacting with the account executives most helpful when I needed something published. They're always able to help me get something published last minute and went above and beyond to ensure I was meeting the proper editorial guidelines. 6/5 stars for the service!

Pros

The ability to self-publish is amazing. But above all, customer support is superb.

Cons

It's a little difficult to copy links from external documents, but not a dealbreaker!

Mark from PlanMark

Newswire Is An Effective Distributor of PR

Used this service to announce several innovations. I believe the impact was minimal, but I felt like the Newswire service did get the messages out.

Pros

Easy to use. Seems to have multiple avenues for distribution. The quality of response is driven by the news value of your efforts.

Cons

At times i felt like I was sending info out and had no clue of its impact. Better tracking would be appreciated.

Joe from Austin PR

Newswire - An excellent alternative to comparable wire services

Very positive

Pros

Newswire is very simple to use and does not put you through as many of the verification hassles of the other wire services. I've used all of the wire services and from an ease of use standpoint, this one is the easiest/quickest to distribute news through with no gotchas around pricing, release timing, PR content, etc.

Cons

While the ease of use and functionality are great, it would be even better was even more competitive against the other services.

BRENDAN from Crescent Group Consulting

Good product - nice setup.

I like using Newswire, but when something goes wrong, you can NEVER get anyone on the phone. You get someone's voicemail and they don't call you back until the next day. If it's the weekend, they don't call you back for 3 DAYS.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use. I like the layout and the automatic paragraph spacing.

Cons

No problems - I really don't have any major complaints.

Donna from Boardwise

Newswire service

It is a great support team. The price is high but the quality is, too.

Pros

It gives a wide array of options for distribution.

Cons

It is overwhelming for new users. I needed support to figure it out.

Aditya from Machaao Inc.

Great overall experience

Easy to find Easy to use. The support staff helped us all the way, she did a fabulous job. The only thing I disliked was "Tell us all about your Experience" box in your feedback form forced me to enter more. That's somehow not cool you should force anyone to give a feedback

Response from Newswire.com

Replied January 2018

Thank you Aditya for taking the time to share your experience with Newswire. While we apologize if you found our feedback box a bit of an inconvenience. We do value your feedback as it helps us improve. We have since updated our feedback request to only show up once. :-) Should you need any additional assistance, please feel free let us know and we are always here to help.

Megan from Kazoo

Easy to use and priced right

Pros

Newswire is one of the only wire services that offers single distribution that isn't crazy expensive. Their process is very easy to navigate and their pricing is transparent.

Cons

The delay in approvals for press releases once they are submitted.

Richard from AccelerateH2O

One of the easiest press release and programs we have ever used

Pros

Simplicity and followup on activating our press release was done within 20 minutes from start to finish - and therefore we knew that it would be a solution for future use again and again.

Cons

I would look for more segmentation - for instance by geography and market sector - we might have missed that capability so that is a signal for improving options and usage scenarios

Response from Newswire.com

Replied January 2018

Thank you Richard for taking the time to share your experience with Newswire. Regarding segmentation, we do have a OUTREACH section that you can explore. There you will be able to send your press release to targeted media in your industry/trade. Please feel free let us know and we are always here to help.

Josh from UDM

Decent Press Release Service

I will use press releases from time to time and test out different companies. Newswire was good but, ultimately, none of the companies deliver much traffic. It's important to go into a subscription with the proper expectations (as I did).

Pros

The only feature I needed was the press release feature. The site is clean and easy-to-use and delivers on what I signed up for.

Cons

I don't like paying for features I don't use so it would be nice to have a basic PR plan. Also, press releases rarely have the expected return (goes for all services).

Stephen from Melanoma Education Foundation

Newswire Review

Our goal was to attract interest to our free high school and middle school health education resources. results were underwhelming , especially considering the high cost of the press release.

Pros

Distribution of press release to many outlets.

Cons

Categories of interest were too general - we needed much more customization.

Response from Newswire.com

Replied January 2019

Hi Stephen, Thank you very much for your honest feedback of Newswire. I am sorry we were unable to deliver results to reach your expectations. I did want to mention we do have the ability to target specific media points utilizing our media database and I would be happy to provide you with more information regarding our targeted distribution. Feel free to contact me at patrick@newswire.com if interested. Thank you and hope to hear from you!

Jen from Freelance

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

I use Newswire with all of my clients and am happy with how simple it is to create multiple newsrooms and manage multiple releases. The support team is very proactive to hep address any questions.

Pros

Newswire is very user friendly, easy to set-up press releases and enjoy targeted distribution to niche lists.

Cons

I do think there could be a more streamlined way for Newswire to obtain written permission on partner or financially oriented press releases.

Zacharie from Global Agents

Easy to use and very fast delivery

Pros

- Really easy to use. All the necessary options are available on one single page. - The review team is very useful. They give you real pieces of advice on how to write your press release. - Pricing easy to understand.

Cons

- Wish we could add a video without extra costs. - More options for international database instead of only National (US)

Tiffany from CLi Digital Media

Great Platform!

I've been using Newswire for my company for a few years and so far it's been a really great platform. One of the best parts about the service is having a dedicated account manager to ensure all of my business needs are being met. He is always on top of everything and makes sure the content I'm publishing is done correctly and efficiently.

Response from Newswire.com

Replied February 2017

Thank you Tiffany for sharing your feedback and for your continued business. Should you need any additional assistance, we are here to help.

Richard from Caduceus Software Systems Corp.

Newswire is friendly and proactive and Reactive

I have a great experience to discuss my specific needs with Newswire.com. They bend over backwards for my news to be disseminated, vetted, proof-read, and compliance-checked. They are professional. Great job!

Pros

The forms are nice and big

Cons

not really anything

Response from Newswire.com

Replied February 2017

Thank you RIchard for sharing your experience at Newswire.com. We look forward to working with you on your next press release campaigns. Should you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out.

Tonya from Proper Equities

Great Platform for Press Realease

My experience with newswire was exceptional. I felt your platform put me in the eyes of a great audience as well as great customer support.

Pros

I liked that the software allowed me to share multiple photos for the reader. I also liked that after completion and sending in my writing, a trustworthy and reliable team gave me specific feedback to assure that my review was great for readers. Thank you for your wonderful service

Cons

I did find the sidebar on the left was a bit cluttered and made it difficult to understand. Aside from that, it was great.

Simonas from BitDegree

So far best pr distribution experience

We have tried the most popular PR distributors, but we found that newswire seemed to work best for us.

Pros

I love the function to see the stats of the campaign and how it tracks various data. Moreover, the whole interface is simple and easy to use - most of the other pr distributors look a bit scammy and old.

Cons

I needed invoice for the service and I had to contact the support to get it. I wish there was an option in the settings to make an invoice myself. The price is okay, but could be lower for a campaign.

Taylor from OptiMed Health Partners

Newswire Review

Pros

Easy to use, simple, and customer service to support questions

Cons

Limitations with fonts, including Google Fonts to customize posts

rachel from Apparel & Fashion

Easy to Use

Pros

As this is my first publishing platform to use, I have found Newswire to be extremely user friendly. I was not overwhelmed with the options and the live chat was great.

Cons

I wish there was something that you could explain your goals to, and they suggest which package to pick.