Newswire Software Reviews

Newswire Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Newswire has quite a few offerings for companies that are looking to grow there business, and reach out to new clients with there solutions."
  • icon"It was mostly straight-forward from beginning to end. It was easy to get what I needed to say formatted and put in a readable post."
  • icon"Easy to use and the results are great. We have used it to generate market interest, and it worked well."
  • icon"It can be hard to find where to update things on the left sidebar. I had trouble finding customization as I thought it would be under company."
  • icon"The delay in approvals for press releases once they are submitted."
  • icon"We have had some of our content censored where Newswire and their distribution partners have refused to publish our release."

All Newswire Reviews

Newswire is a progressive step in the right direction

I am very pleased at the rapid response from Customer Service and their ability and patience to assist me, even if it's last minute.

Pros

I am able to access it whenever I want. I can manipulate it without going through a "representative". It's hands-on and self-explanatory.

Cons

There are some features I wish were more user-friendly, such as returning to the previous page w/o having to go back through the browser.

Reasons for choosing Newswire

Better control of marketing materials, better monitoring systems in place, better customer service and communication, more media outlets offered and the price point was right for a small start-up company.

Reasons for switching to Newswire

Business Wire was too regimental, expensive and had little options for the price point.

Mike

July 2022

Newswire's value punches above its weight for SEO, functionality, and ease-of-deployment

Pros

My favorite thing about Newswire is its ease-of-use and value for the price. The PR world is fast-paced and stressful enough as it is, you don't want to add to that stress by having a clunky release service in which you might accidentally make a mistake. Newswire has helped me out time and time again by ensuring that all of my questions are answered, and delivers tremendous value in terms of SEO and functionality. It's a distribution service for those who take media relations and marketing seriously.

Cons

I don't have any cons to list. The tool works great and the customer service team in particular is incredibly helpful and has helped me multiple times.

Reasons for switching to Newswire

While Cision's price was cheap it didn't offer strong SEO, analytics, or other features. It's good if you need a basic release, but they didn't actually accomplish their goal of being visible to key digital audiences.

Stephanie

Industry: Publishing

Save your money and run a targeted ad.

Realized absolutely NO benefits from using a press release service. Incredibly disappointing.

Pros

I have nothing against Newswire. They delivered as promised. They posted where they said they would, their website was easy to navigate, and the overall experience was smooth and professional. But for the cost, I expected *some* results. The only responses I received to our press release were from other people trying to sell me on their press release service, or websites offering to get my company exposure on their blog for a substantial fee. Overall, using this service was a complete waste of time for our product. I wish I'd run targeted ads to potential customers with the money instead. Lesson learned. I will never use a press release service again.

Cons

See above. No need to type it all again.

Response from Newswire.com

Hi Stephanie, Thank you for your feedback. It's unfortunate to hear that your press release campaign did not yield the results you had expected. I do see there was a good amount of views and some social media shares to your PR however ultimately I do understand if you were measuring ROI thru another metric. If ever you'd like to considering trying our service out again, I'd like to discuss with you, your expectations of the campaign so we can strategize on the best options for your campaign next time. If you have any other questions or would like to try us out again, please do not hesitate to contact me, patrick@newswire.com. Thank you!

Replied January 2019

News distribution

Newswire helped us figure out a way to distribute news across the organization!

Pros

We use Newswire at our organization to distribute press releases to all of our employees. Its an automated tool that works well.

Cons

Currently, we do not have any cons from using Newswire. It has done an excellent job of getting press releases and alerts out to our employees.

Simple, Easy Press Release

I needed to get an important press release out quickly and to as many channels as possible. Newswire allowed me to get the job done efficiently and successfully.

Pros

Newswire is so convenient and easy to use. It makes press release distribution a breeze.

Cons

I can't think of any thing I don't like about it.

Jessica

Easy to use and HUGE database which is frequently updated

Pros

I loved the database and search features. We could tailor lists to pres release subject matter. It was also easy to use with great customer service. Organizing multiple campaigns and lists was very easy as well.

Cons

Sometimes there's almost too much data to sort through. But that's a minor issue easily navigated with the search features.

Kayla

Great tool for press releases

Pros

We use Newswire for press releases. It's easy for us to use and we're able to do press releases for multiple businesses owned by our parent company.

Cons

I don't have any cons for this software. It meets the needs that my company has

José Octavio

Great to create awareness

Easy to use, easy to upload pictures and beautify the article, little training besides a common sense required and an excellent customer service.

Pros

As a company, we appreciate the fact of reaching sites and locations with news from Panama Real Estate that, alone couldn't make it. Targeting our message to a specific audience, and spreading it out to North America (which is our main desire market) is invaluable and worth the investment.

Cons

I have to say that it has become a bit expensive, but as mentioned, totally worth it.

Maria

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

July 2022

Newswire is easy to use and gets instant results!

Amazing. Customer support is always there to answer my questions!

Pros

I could distribute my press releases to hundreds of publications with the click of a button!

Cons

I truly didn’t dislike any of the features!

Jenny

Great customer service

Pros

Really, really excellent and timely customer service

Cons

Newswire used to distribute to PR Newswire, and has switched to Business Wire, which doesn't have as big of reach

Shane

Newswire is One of the Best Services Out There

We have been customers of Newswire for a while now. Originally, we thought we would "give it a try", and ended up becoming loyal customers. After what we called the testing period, our entire office decided they were the best agency we had trialed, and we have stuck with them ever since. Our agency Smart Crowdfunding works with people who are running crowdfunding campaigns in all areas of crowdfunding, so there are times we are sending out multiple press releases on behalf of our customers. Our customers are always very happy with the Newswire report we provide them, and the sites they are featured in. The upload system is very simple, and easy to use. The customer service at Newswire is also top-notch. They take good care of their customers, and always take care of any issues or problems right away. We are extremely happy with the service we have received. The only thing we would add is an auto-save feature. It is frustrating when a computer glitch occurs, and the entire upload has been lost.

Pros

Easy to use Simplicity Quality

Cons

Does not auto-save Limited hyperlinks

Response from Newswire.com

Thank you Shane for sharing your experience at Newswire.com. We appreciate your feedback, since we consider you as a leading agency in the crowdfunding space. We look forward to continuing to strengthen our partnership and assisting you with your customer's success. We have also added an autosave feature under Distribution > Press Releases > Autosave. Please let us know your feedback and how we can improve this platform feature. Thank you.

Replied February 2017

Leesy

The team at Newswire is fantastic and very professional. Jon is top-notch!

Pros

Very simple to use. Even when we've had issues with errors, the Newswire team has gone above and beyond to help fix the problem. For example, we sent out a release with a critical error in the title - completely an oversight by us - and the Newswire team resent the wire and went downstream to try to repair the error. I always breath easy when sending out an announcement on Newswire, because I know it will be done right and the pick up will fit our client's needs. I feel like the team at Newswire is an extension of our team. Bravo!

Cons

Overall, very user friendly. A couple of small nits to pick - I'd like to see a "full justify" option on the body of text. Also, would like to see more links allowed as part of the wire price. We're seeing more and more opportunities to link within the release to 4-5 social media platforms, as well as client or product sites, and link to the media contact's email address - 8 links goes very quickly. Pie in the sky - I'd like to see an image/logo built into the price of the wire that goes downstream beyond the PRNewswire pick up.

Response from Newswire.com

Thank you Leesy for taking the time to share your experience with Newswire. We will submit your recommendations to our team and see what we can do to allow additional links as an add-on. Should you need any additional assistance, please feel free let us know and we are always here to help.

Replied January 2018

Gail

Industry: Writing and Editing

Newswire makes me look great in print!

Posting releases for my clients gains them excellent exposure. The stat reports amaze them, the layout and features look so professional and increases pickup rates from other online news sources. The support team goes the extra mile for customer service and satisfaction; no question or concern is too small or unimportant. When I've had ideas to improve "life" - like the category search feature - they listen and implement when feasible. I love Newswire - it is the best service out there with the biggest bang for the buck!

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, reliability, lots of features that can be used intuitively. Great tutorials when new features and/or updates occur.

Cons

Not a single thing to dislike.

Response from Newswire.com

Thank you Gail for sharing your experience at Newswire.com. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to helping you with your next campaign. We will submit your suggestions to the team for consideration. Should you need any additional assistance, please feel free let us know and we are always here to help.

Replied February 2017

Robert

Industry: Investment Management

Easy to use news release tool, but with some censorship issues

Overall we are happy with Newswire's service and have used it to great benefit of our organization. I encourage Newswire to re-think their censorship approach to conservative viewpoints on LGBT issues. If not for that problem, Newswire would receive my highest rating.

Pros

Newswire is really easy to use. It has a simple interface and effectively helps create a solid PR piece quickly to push out to the world.

Cons

We have had some of our content censored where Newswire and their distribution partners have refused to publish our release. The content in question was regarding LGBT issues, addressed from a politically and socially conservative viewpoint. Newswire has published many other releases on LGBT issues from a politically and socially liberal viewpoint, so it is disappointing that they would choose to censor conservative voices on their platform in regard to this issue.

Brittany

Industry: Semiconductors

Newswire is Reasonably Priced and Easy to Use

Pros

Newswire is reasonably priced and easy to use. I can have a press release uploaded and distributed in less than an hour. They also have great customer service - I once had an error in a press release that had already been distributed. Once I contacted them, they updated the error on their site and contacted companies that had published the press release to have them correct the error on my behalf in a really timely manner.

Cons

The introductory price point for a single release, while reasonable, does not result in high levels of traffic for us. The backlinks are helpful to our overall end goal, but the outlets aren't big enough to lead to revenue. The Premium Plus I think would be a better source, however, the price point doesn't work for us right now.

Frank