• Pros

• "Easy to use, very reliable, and rich functionality "

• "It is a straightforward, easy to use product for our audience and our speakers. We like it mostly because it is simple. We also like the metrics/reporting features. "

• "I really like how easy it is to use the Simu-live webinars. Simple to set up a new event. Great on-demand service"

• Cons

• "There are some elements I would like to have more control over the design. The polling questions do look a bit plain. But most of the elements are easy to customize. "

• "Costly compared to others platforms in this area, have had a few issues with on demand version not downloading, but has been quickly resolved so not a huge deal."

• "It can be somewhat difficult to set everything up, but it is not too bad once everything is finally set up."

Browse ON24 Reviews

Nick from Meltwater

The best and only way to do Simulive Webinars

I have been using on24 for over 3 years. First as a powerpoint designer and now I run it end-to-end. I find the software intuitive​ and after a bit of training easy to use.

Pros

We use On24 in our marketing department to attract new leads for our sales team. We use On24's Simulive feature. This allows us to pre-record our speaker and slides. Then the day of the live webinar the attendees watch the edited video then our speakers are pushed into a live conversation to take questions that have came in. On24 is maybe the only webinar platform that can do this. All others are more of a screenshare system. Simulive gives us the most flexiblity to have a seamless webinar​ without any sound or speaker problems.

Cons

On24 audience console allows us to put up different resources, surveys and links, but it is limited in its customizability​. I'd like to see more console customization when it comes to menu format and colors. Also being able to upload your branded font would be great too.

Reasons for Choosing ON24

No good options for Simulive, also cost and cap on how many attendees​ can be signed on at once.

Lauren from Life Sciences PA

The Best for What is Out Right Now

This system is one of the better systems out there. It meets all our needs with some limitations. Just be aware that you will need to learn the system yourself and expect little help from the higher ups. They will not give any types of discounts or refunds on the bill but will offer extra "help" packages, which was no help to us as by the end of our event as we knew the system better than some of the help techs. But now that we know the system using the platform for our events is easy and does what we need it to do. They are upgrading the system all the time to make it better which is helpful.

Pros

One of the only platforms out there that has been established since way before the pandemic. When we purchased it was affordable and catered to what we needed in an events platform. One that allowed individual events and served as a conference platform for multiple events. It allowed to have a conference feel without spending a lot on the virtual world looking platforms.

Cons

The onboarding for the system was horrible. There are several areas on this platform and with each section there is a different ON24 person to lead you through the process. We spent half the time explaining our event over and over again to different people for each section. The team would quickly show us the platform and ask if we had questions, however, since it was our first time we did not know the right questions to ask and missed a lot of good information because of it. We ended up learning the platform ourselves through their library of resource help. By the end of our first event, I knew more about the platform and how it worked better than their "expert help" staff team.

Reasons for Choosing ON24

They have been around the longest and have been doing webinars the longest. Most companies I researched back in March had just started because of the need for virtual platforms in the pandemic. But now that other platforms are growing and developing, there might be better options out there that do all the same things as ON24 does, if not better.

Sarah from Healthcare Services

Great Engagement Tools for Live Events

Once I learned the software and all of the features, it is a great tool to host webinars and live events and I prefer it over some other options out there. But getting to a place of comfort was a bit of a bumpy road. But there are several neat features of the tool (reporting, console building, registration pages, etc) that are worth the effort.

Pros

ON24 has a feature to build out a "console" for your webinar or live event that includes several engagement tools. It is also web-based and less clunky than other solutions. Once you understand how to use the system, it is easy and efficient to use. They have a simu-live feature where you can pre-record the webinar and push out as a live event, which is very helpful in the age of virtual events, The reporting is pretty good as well.

Cons

Well, the customer service levels can be confusing and seem disjointed (call center vs chat vs account manager) and sometimes not everyone is on the same page. There is a learning curve on how to become fluent in the software even for presenters. There is a separate presenter "studio" that requires training for your presenters to learn so I would recommend many practice sessions and A/V checks for a smooth event. You can purchase additional support for live events if needed.

Reasons for Switching to ON24

We needed a a versatile tool that could be used for webinars, trainings, live events.

Liz from Penn State World Campus

trash

Seriously terrible

Pros

simu-live and on-demand options allow us to mitigate the risks involved with live presenting on this platform.

Cons

the "best practices" where presenters need a wired internet connection, clear cookies, restart the computer and have no other apps going--are you kidding me? What year is it? The customer service is poor, not for lack of CSM's trying, but because there is no follow through from the product team, and CSM's often don't have access to the latest information, leaving them set up for failure.

Reasons for Switching to ON24

We were attracted to the lack of need for plug-ins to participate, however we learned that audience and presenter experience is fully dependent on their wireless internet connection, which is again, not specified as an ON24 best practice, even though it does not comport with how the majority of internet users interact with the product. So, hard lesson learned: plug ins good.

Lauren from ASUG

It does the job, but not without its problems.

It does the job, I've been able to adjust, and with typical webcasts it can be totally fine. But with anything beyond slides (and even those have problems sometimes), it can be a headache to use.

Pros

I can schedule a lot of webcasts, they can hold up to 2500 people before it would potentially become an issue (according to our account), they do contain the functions that we'd want (resources, group chat, Q&A, polling, customizable design). It was pretty easy to learn on my own and teach to others.

Cons

Lots of cons for me, it's very buggy. Sometimes if you open multiple webcasts on the backend, the titles at the top glitch and say that they're a different webcast than the one you're actually editing. You can't do embedded videos and can only do 16:9 aspect ratio. When you upload videos and launch them to the audience during a webcast, you can't pause them. If your slide deck had slide timings built in and you didn't know, you're going to have a problem. And our team is always prepared for people who say they can't hear/it froze/the screensharing isn't working on the audience side, telling them to refresh. It would be nice if it just...worked. And screensharing for presenters, what a nightmare. Often it doesn't even work. It's picky about its browsers, and even after you download the plugin sometimes it still doesn't work.

Handled with Kid Gloves

The stability of the platform and the ease of use with ON24's technical assistance has broadened the appeal of webinars throughout our company. More and more subject matter experts want to discuss webinars for their products, services and specific client training opportunities.

Pros

Responsive technical team Continuous improvement to platform Excellent initial and ongoing training Highly customizable screens to promote our brand

Cons

Infrequent technical difficulties with firewalls and unique audience configurations are sometime difficult to overcome during a live webinar which annoy customers

Reasons for Choosing ON24

White glove service with ON24 handling everything from set-up to implementation, promotions and follow-up Ongoing training and technical help as needed to expand program Good personal interactions from Sales to Customer Service to Technical Team from the beginning

Reasons for Switching to ON24

Company was saving money by eliminating Webex to use a free Microsoft product for small internal meetings. But the MS product didn't meet our needs for client training to audiences of 400-600 people. We started looking for a webinar vendor who could help us excel, and after several demos we landed on ON24.

On24 is a game changer

Very positive

Pros

Flexibility, I have the ability to produce live presentations or pre-recorded presentations that are broadcasted as if they are live. My KOL's love this option. Once recorded On24 software is incredibly intuitive and easy to use, and the analytics we get post the live broadcast date are incredibly useful. They've allowed our company to have almost a "netflix esq" type of webinar service, where visitors can view any webinar we've done at any time all housed in one central location.

Cons

I have very few negative things to say about On24.

Reasons stated above

Reasons for Switching to ON24

Salesforce integration, presentation flexibility and customer service that i had experienced with On24 at a prior company. Made me a champion internally at my current company and I needed On24

Dominika from SAP

ON24 Review

We are using ON24 primarily for product enablement. We love the product and the team behind it as they are always willing to help us with anything that comes up.

Pros

I love that we can customize the console to have the look and feel we want. I also like that you can use it in many different ways - for training, marketing, making a show out of your sessions etc. You can conduct courses, certifications as well which is very convenient - no need to use additional tools for this purpose.

Cons

Perhaps that it glitches sometimes and it can be nerve-wracking during live sessions.

Reasons for Choosing ON24

No need to download anything from the attendee's point of view, plays for attendees with no issues, good reviews from other teams in SAP

Elissa from Ingram Content Group

Industry: Publishing

ON24 is a valuable partner

The account managers have been good with following up on our tickets and providing calls to inform and educate users about the best ways to use ON24.

Pros

ON24 delivers a consistent webinar service for our marketing department. We do several webinars a quarter and see ON24 as being a partner in making them a success. We use a variety of widgets and love that ON24 rolls out new ones consistently to make the webinar experience better for the attendees and users.

Cons

Occasionally our phones delay behind the presentation, but support has been notified and there's nothing they can do on their end to improve it. We adjust when this happens.

Reasons for Choosing ON24

Price- We're grandfathered in at a great rate and other vendors cannot compete.

ON24 is not ON point

OK, not amazing but you get what you pay for.

Pros

Customizable, easy to duplicate events, tracking is great and recording link also available shortly afterwards.

Cons

Does not allow the presenter to break out the participants in small groups for discussion. This tool is really meant to be unidirectional; me presenting with very little interaction with the audience. I would hope something better link Adobe Connect which is better tailored for virtual classes.

Reasons for Switching to ON24

we wanted to interact more with the audience and have greater bandwidth capacity

Tyler from Jackson Systems, LLC

Industry: Wholesale

"Changing the way we train"

The problem we had was reach. We could bring in all the best instructors in the world, but we could only impact the few we could cram into our training facility. Live interaction is very important to us, so that is what kept us from just recording them and posting them online. The community interaction is a must. Because of this, we knew we needed to utilize live video with interaction capabilities, but at the same time keep it simple enough that anyone could participate. How could we make them feel like they were in the room with us? The biggest benefit we have seen is how quickly the HVAC industry has recognized us as a training leader. Most of the major manufacturers are now looking to us to help them educate their clients

Pros

The reason we went with On24 was for the broadcasting feature, and how easy it was to set up an event. We host between 25 and 35 live trainings a year, but up to a few years ago they were only for those would could travel to our facility. Our goal was to open the experience to a much larger audience through video, and On24 was the best solution. One of my biggest requirements when choosing a platform was the ease of use for our attendees. Between making it very easy to sign in, and how customizable the user dashboard is, I was able to ensure the best user experience for my audience, most of whom don't use a computer much. We are now in our second year with the platform and it continues to get better. The On24 team has been very responsive when we had any concern.

Cons

Our two biggest issues with the system have been: Freezing and buffering problems with our audience. When we first starting using their platform, On24 was flash based. They have made strides to move to HTML 5 and adaptive bit rates, but we still get complaints of the video freezing. Most of the time, a browser refresh fixes it. I have a feeling that most of the other problems stem from someone watching Netflix in the other room. The second is the mobile phone experience. For a standard webinar it would be ok, but it is unusable for broadcast video. Since they cannot have the slide widget and the media player open at the same time, it makes it way too cumbersome to switch from video to slide to Q&A and back. Until they have an app like Citrix, I tell all my attendees to never use their phones.

Luuk from Web2Present SL

On24 is the best webinar tool if you are looking to cater todays user: mobile friendly and on-demand

great product, good service, friendly staff, bit pricey and definately not for all businesses due to that.

Pros

We use On24 daily and it helps us reach mobile users otherwise left out (due to bulky plug-ins) and it´s on-demand module really helped us build a whole new service. Additionally the real-time Reporting is great and provides valuable information. The integrations can be improved but overall it´s a great tool if you want a reliable software for today´s user-demands.

Cons

integrations are bit difficult, paid add-ons (e.g. lead-notification for one should really be a standard feature and send it by email if someone registers).

see above

Reasons for Switching to ON24

mobile, reporting, on-demand options.

Colleen from AspenCore

Webinar Project Manager

I am a webinar team of "ONE" in my media group, so it is crucial that I have a platform and vendor I can trust. We excelled in all KPIs for our webinar business last year, and having a great platform allowed me to achieve that.

Pros

Easy to learn, user friendly, and reliable. Other than a few quarks when doing a pre-record in for simulive events. Having a reliable and consistent platform is key for me. I know if I set it up to the specs ON24 provides, I'll get a quality product each time.

Cons

Few quirks that can't seem to be fixed. i.e. I can's pull raw lead reports in chrome, but I can in firefox. But, i find chrome is better for functionality while in presentation manager. So, basically this means I am constantly going between both browsers when creating, producing and reporting. I produced a number of "simu-live" programs last year and I understand that the recording is done slide by slide, but when I have a single presenter and he wants to give a typical presentation in one continuous take, the slide transitions sometimes get caught up, and a few times I've had to go back and re-record. So, I've asked the presenter to be mindful and pause in between each slide transition, and then it results in a bunch of dead air throughout. so, that can be a little tricky to navigate. But I've made it work. sometimes the animations in simulive recording don't translate to the final rendering, which I can't seem to figure out why, when they transitioned during the taping. but again, just a small quirk.

Great Software for Webinars

Fantastic! I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone! We have never had any glitch on a live webinar - which we had using other products. The software is simple and easy to use and gets the job done well!

Pros

Ease of use! I have NEVER used a software so simple and intuitive! It's always been easy to set up, and when On24 rolls out new features, they hold webinars that instruct those on how to use it. Those webinars are helpful, but even if you can't attend - the updates are pretty simple to navigate!

Cons

Chat - those on chat ALWAYS need an Event ID# even if you're simply asking a hypothetical question. I always get an answer, just takes some unnecessary exchanges at the beginning to get there.

Reasons for Choosing ON24

Cost, performance an ease of use!

Cost, Performance and Ease of Use

Sharon from ACA Compliance Group

Good but can be inconsistent

I mostly really like it. The emergency support line has been very helpful when needed. The chat help line a little less so. I think it's good that more firms are using On24. It provides an additional level of comfort for attendees. It has a lot of capabilities.

Pros

I really like that the registration link automatically becomes the On Demand link so I never have to worry about links expiring. I think it has a lot of bells and whistles that if you're able to leverage them are a big benefit.

Cons

The reliance on flash and cookies. I often have issues with an attendees or presenters slide player not working and we regularly have to tell people to refresh and enable flash. In a highly regulated industry where security settings on our attendees computers is high - this is often problematic. I also think it would be beneficial to have a dial in option for attendees as a standard part of the platform rather than an add on. This is pretty standard for other platforms. I also wish there was an easy way from the presenter platform to be able to see the attendee console too so you can see what they see.

Reasons for Choosing ON24

I wasn't here when the decision was made but my understanding is that it was largely the archive capabilities, security features, and ability to upload a pdf of the presentation.

Tazneen from CompTIA

On24 Review

We have one person in our organization who manages all webinars through that the organization runs. It was very difficult to get his time as we had plans to run more frequent webinars. We didn't have access to reports or even registered and attended list. we had to get that from him. Once we moved onto ON24, there is two of us in my team who manage all of our webinars and training ourselves. We were able to run over 50 webinars in one year and thats only part of our overall job. Many of the built in automation like On-Demand library, email notifications, ability to copy previous consoles, and use previous instructors BIO and photo saves us time an effort

Pros

The ease of setting and conducting up webinars. The detailed reporting lead generation capability. Love the widgets and the ability to customize the console. We use Ideas and group chat a lot within our training webinars to keep the audience engaged.

Cons

When we have a webinar series, we can link them so individuals can register for all sessions by choosing on all sessions in the list. They are not notified, in case they miss one or are not able to automatically register for all. At times, an individual will me mistake use a wrong email address and we need to go to each session to remove him, instead of being able to do that for all sessions.

Christine from Arise Virtual Solutions

On24 Review

The OnDemand feature has been extremely beneficial to us. During the busy times of the year, we could be hosting one or more session each day. OnDemand keeps it fresh, and Similive has come in handy as well.

Pros

We started using On24 this year and the support getting started was tremendous and extremely helpful. The online tutorials come in handy as we have extended our use of the On24 webinars. The reporting is a true benefit to us and used in multiple ways before and after events.

Cons

We wish there was an option to set up and event where we could allow the agents to use a microphone. We also wish the Group Chat was more useful. Since attendees don't see the other people in the room with them, group chat has come in handy to add validity to the event, however when trying to read messages in chat, it becomes troublesome. We also wish our presentation would allow animation.

Reasons for Switching to ON24

It was an corporate decision.

Luigi from LU3G srl

Good but can do more

We have done an interesting project using this software. In particular by creating webinar registrations with personalizations and special functions in the form.

Pros

I think it has got an interesting console which could be personalized with useful widget for both users and speaker.

Cons

I think the process for the post webinar for example. I would like to have a dedicated section for post webinar in order to have it already ready after webinar and to give possibility to non participant to go just after the webinar inside to look what done.

Reasons for Switching to ON24

I don't know because I didn't have access to this information as i am a collaborator and not the marketing head.

Lahn from VIPRE Security

Lots of Great Features in this Webinar Tool

ON24 is very easy to use- and I know there are more functionalities that I need to explore. I also enjoy their webinars that give you tips on building successful programs.

Pros

I like that ON24 is easy to use. I can setup my webinars quickly and there are also lots of elements I can customize. I like that it is easy to setup polling questions, move slides around and also easy to answer audience q's- either privately or to the whole group. It is also easy to see how many other webinars the participants have viewed and engaged with.

Reasons for Choosing ON24

Easier to use and had the functionalities we were looking for.

Erin from SAS Institute Inc

Great software, lots of features, great support

Pros

I like the customization features of the console and that you can continue the customer journey by pointing them to additional resources.

Cons

There a few nitpicky things. The bigger issue is that I don't feel confident that requests for new features or adjustments to existing functionality are heard and taken any higher in the company (things like letting the media player remain fixed in location, rather than popping up whenever something is pushed to it). Also, their PowerPoint slide converter often makes slides fuzzy if there is too much text/detail. Granted, that last complaint is probably for the better, as detail-heavy slides aren't really a best practice.

Maureen from Financial Technologies Forum LLC

Great Webinar Platform

Overall, we have a great experience with ON24. It's an easy and user friendly system. The reporting is very robust and helps us to really evaluate attendance and what marketing initiatives work well and which ones don't. We have found the capabilities to be satisfactory and we've been able to execute each webinar the way we've planned. The system is reliable and have experienced very few technical glitches. I would highly recommend (and do) this system to others.

Pros

The ON24 platform is very user friendly. The set-up of a webinar, collection of registration to the execution on the day of the webinar is great and so easy. The system is very reliable and we've experienced very few hick-ups along the way from a technological standpoint and the quality of the call on the live webinar is also reliable. The reporting capabilities are robust and above average in comparison to other suppliers.

Cons

While ON24 is a great webinar platform, the cost is higher than average which makes it an expensive platform to use. Also, the tech people that join the webinars for an added $500 or more fee, aren't always the best and have language barriers and aren't that proactive. It's apparent this has been outsourced overseas. However, ON24 has worked with us and enabled us request specific technicians which has been helpful.

Ariana from Octopus Investments

Recommend On24

They take a lot of care in helping with the strategic side of launching this channel/an effective webinar programme and it makes a huge difference.

Pros

Data capture and insights into how customers are engaging is miles ahead of other webinar software. There are so many touch point options. More customisable than other webinar platforms, you can make it look and feel like your brand and curate the right experience.

Cons

We have had some problems with integrating it into our CRM (but we have a highly customised CRM, might be fine with off-the-shelf CRMs)

Reasons for Choosing ON24

It was the best for an actual marketing channel, a lot of the others are simple virtual meeting tools crow-barred into a 'webinar' packaging.

Reasons for Switching to ON24

GoToWebinar was difficult to use/unreliable and didn't provide the outcomes we wanted. Basic tool compared to what we wanted to achieve.

Alexandra from ASUG

Industry: Think Tanks

Overall meets our needs, but we're always finding small details that could use improvement

Pros

Overall it has a lot of great features for interaction, some of which I haven't yet used. I did find that there are some ON24 certifications available, and I'm looking forward to learning more on there. I do like that we can customize emails in many ways, and there are a lot of options for what sort of materials can be included in each webcast we run.

Cons

The reporting options are extremely disparate. If I want to download information on who attended, for how long, and what their survey responses were, I have to enter three completely different reporting windows and download all of those reports separately. It'd be great if there was a better function for pulling reports on more of a checkbox list of everything I want to pull at once. It'd be nice to have more control over what "Producer" can see versus what "Presenter" can see, such as hiding the attendee list from presenters who are outside of my organization, for GDPR reasons. Also, the "add to calendar" feature isn't exactly as customizable as I would like it to be, both in that specific module and how it appears in emails.

ON24 Review - Arrow

Great experience. Love working with the ON24 team. They are very responsive when we are having issues but my only complaint is there are too many people to remember to contact for different issues our account may have. I feel like there's too many people that handle the Arrow account.

Pros

There are many features of the software and this makes it easy to customize each webinar. Functionality is great and ease of use by the users and attendees of the webinars. Love being able to customize the look and feel of your webinars and all the elements you can add.

Cons

We have had many issues with Screen Share and with attendees being about the hear or view the Live Presentations. Many times we can correct the issues that the attendees are having and most of the time it is a browser issue but there have been times that we have gotten complaints.

A Webinar Platform Above the Rest

We have really enjoyed used ON24 over the past few years. They also have great customer service and account service. They are willing to listen to your feedback and help with any issues you run into. Our webinars registrations and attendance has increase considerably by using this new platform.

Pros

We do over 250+ webinars a year and ON24 allows us to scale our webinar program while still making every webinar fun and interactive. They have multiple webinar types (On-Demand, SimuLive, Live) which makes planning for a large number of webinars much easier. We can use the SimuLive feature to still host webinars when we don't have any presenters available. They also have lots of "widgets" that you can add to the audiences view of the webinar that allows them to customize and click on different items during the webinars.

Cons

There is not to much that we don't like about the software. Reporting could be better and have an aggregate reporting pulling feature.

Guy from Auto Trader Group plc

The daddy of webinar software

We have used the On24 system for couple of years now and whilst it has met all of our needs with regards functionality and the ability to customise the system to our hearts content it hasn’t been with its drawbacks. On24 expect you to be a webinar streaming expert and as such we had little to no help with regards recommendations on what was the best equipment to stream our webinars with or recommend software for use compressing videos to their required file sizes. A lot of the time you had to find the info yourself on their clunky help pages (if it exists, which a lot of what I wanted didn’t). Whilst there is a lot f support from customer success managers and the like I still think a better onboarding process with regards initial setup for the total webinar noobies would be better.

Pros

Analytics, speed of setup, ability to fully customise and brand fully, engagement hub, plenty of widgets to keep customers engaged.

Cons

Speed navigating some of the setup menus, delay to live stream 30 secs. Lack of help with initial equipment recommendations and setup. Clunky help systems force a lot of reading no real on boarding process.

Reasons for Choosing ON24

On24 has the features we required.

Reasons for Switching to ON24

More features and analytics. Plus higher quality streaming.

Irene from JFrog

Industry: Libraries

From Zoom to On24

It has been a big upgrade from our previous platform. The support has been very helpful, I realize this is a big platform that does take some customizing. After getting through the customization of the platform, and understanding the capabilities, there are a few pieces of the platform that seem outdated. My advice would be to check in with older / lost users to see what their feedback is. Some of my team has used the platform in the past, and the qualms they had with the platform are still "features" today.

Pros

The ability to create a full experience for the user (sharing assets during the webinar), the ease of use for hosting speakers in different locations, reporting / insights and how it is compatible with SalesForce

Cons

Slide advancement it only via click the arrow, slide notes cannot be customized or edited after uploading the slides, supported fonts for the slide decks, editing the video post-webinar, video quality recommendations v.s what actually works / displays correctly during the webcast, being able to easily archive / delete test programs for webcasts

Reasons for Switching to ON24

More capabilities, more professional look

John from Securly

A webcasting platform above anything else

Fantastic. A great team to support me and they really listen to what we are looking for as far as feature enhancements.

Pros

ON24's ability to integrate with our CRM and share engagement analytics is incredibly helpful from a customer support perspective. It paints a picture of what my customers are interested in. Plus, the on-demand functionality where end users can actually still interact with the webinars after its live is HUGE!

Cons

Sometimes if I need to navigate away from the webinar and just have it running in the background as I am listening, it times out. That is more of an end user complaint though. From a front end perspective, its exactly what I need.

Reasons for Switching to ON24

We needed a true webinar marketing platform. GTW is a glorified meeting tool.

Miranda from Smart Office Solutions

SimuLive WhiteBoard Experience

Overall, I prefer this tool for presentations and training but have to use Zoom for users on low-bandwidth or mobile connections.

Pros

How much do you love your whiteboard? I use mine for organizing information and presenting it to those who collaborate with me in my office - and that's also how I use On24. Unlike other "single-content" webinar experiences, On24 lets me design a wall of information to present the full story of a project to my collaborators or prospects all at once. I love that the Simulive replays let me set up my polls, presentation, video, and downloads, feeds, etc all on one screen, so that I can schedule pre-recorded presentations where attendees can "discover" my content and have a rich, interactive, all-hands-on-deck experience.

Cons

Previously, most of our prospects and collaborators are working in corporate offices with great internet bandwidth. Recently, as more people have transitioned to work from home due to the Coronavirus, we are finding that those with lower-bandwidth connections are experiencing choppiness or freezing.

Mackenzie from Threat X

Easy, Reliable, Integrated

Overall, ON24 is a great platform for planning and executing webinars for thought leadership and sales purposes. It is especially useful when it integrates seamlessly with our marketing automation platform. Would definitely recommend for both small and large organizations!

Pros

The primary reason for selecting and implementing ON24 was due to the fact that it offered integration with HubSpot. Upon integrating ON24 with HubSpot, I can manage registrations, trigger reminder/invite emails, send follow-up emails, and host registration forms through my HubSpot instance. In addition, when I do need to access the ON24 portal directly, it's easy to navigate and contains many of the features you need and will use to execute webinars.

Cons

There are certain places within ON24 where the functionality seems a bit limited. For example, there are only a handful of ways you can personalize reminder emails, including branding, text editing, etc. We have also found that ON24 doesn't enable you to create a series of webinars. Instead, we had to create individual, separate events.

Tracy from OSV

Industry: Publishing

On24

We needed a platform that allowed easy access to recordings. This is ON24's #1 benefit. Also there is great capacity for storage of old webcasts that we occasionally use.

Pros

I love that the live webcasts we do become easily accessible recordings. Automatically. Without have to remember to press the RECORD button.

Cons

I don't like the small slides at the top of the producer interface. They are so small that for me and for most of my presenters they are useless. I'd also like to have the ability to create on-demand recordings with video of the speaker.

Reasons for Switching to ON24

Because we needed an easier way for customers to access recordings and more storage.

Kristen from Movable Ink

The best webinar platform for measuring engagement

Pros

When comparing webinar platforms, One24 was above and beyond in terms of analytics. You can easily see registrants, attendees, and see their engagement (who downloaded a resource, who responded to a poll, etc). This has helped immensely for measuring and helping us drive continued engagement in our presentations. The webinar console was a big selling point too, as it can be completely customized to your brand's identity. Finally, the automated follow up emails and Marketo integration are key.

Cons

On24 is by far the most expensive webinar platform that my team encountered. However, it's reliable and worth it for my company. There are a few small things that I don't like - for example, getting signed out of the platform constantly - but overall, it works for us.

Dean from SAS

Webinars are critical. ON24 helps make them great.

Our experience has been great. Support is exceptional. Knowledge base and instructional webinars help users learn the software to take full advantage of it.

Pros

The software is simple to deploy and use. The platform also allows for a lot of flexibility in how to optimize your webinars presentations.

Cons

There are aspects of the reporting that could be better - in particular aggregate reporting where filtering in limited. Also, the main webinar page could be more flexible in hiding webinars ones they have past or filtering webinars for personal view.

Reasons for Choosing ON24

We felt this was the best platform to support where we wanted and needed to take our webinar program to.

Reasons for Switching to ON24

We felt our previous webinar solution had become stale and wasn't developing to offer feature and functionality that was becoming standard in the webinar industry. ON24 allowed us to move from the stone age to the space age.

Margot from NASFAA

Great Product!

I've been very pleased with my experience working with ON24. They have great customer service and are very responsive to our needs. They are consistently making improvements and educating their customers on ways to enhance their webinars.

Pros

ON24 is an intuitive platform that delivers high quality webinars to our audience. As someone who is not super tech savvy, I have been able to perform well in my role as Webinar Producer. The enhancements made to the audio options on the platform have been great over the last year.

Cons

The phone bridge is still not the best quality, but that is possibly a result of our company phones. While we refrain from using the phone bridge when possible, the improved presenter bridge, that allows for PC Mic use is great! It is also important to note that Internet Explorer is not compatible with this product. This is a struggle for some of our audience members, although we post in several places the need to use Chrome or Firefox.

brenna from protiviti

Good Company, Good Software - Always room for improvement

Pros

On24 is a very straightforward software. Our account manager and CSm are very responsive and helpful. the entire corporate team is great, engaging, and helpful. Very much a sense of community. They offer features we need that others don't.

Cons

I've had issues with support staff - given replies to questions that were wrong and messed up the webinar. On24 immediately helps rectify, but on a live webinar - you can't rewind the clock - the damage is done.

Reasons for Switching to ON24

too many technical issues with the previous provider

Melissa from Tipalti

Amazing and robust webinar platform

We just launched, but I am already a big fan! It has so many more features and functionality than our previous tool, that I think the user experience will be far greater for our virtual attendees. I love the level of customization we have on the console builder, so it really looks like a branded event vs a standard webinar platform.

Pros

ON24 has several different modules you can implement, but my company has added the webinar elite. We were using ReadyTalk previously and felt it was a bit limited in functionality. ON24 allows us to have multiple presenters sharing video & slides. We can host content for attendees to access directly in the platform as well as interact in a group chat feature to promote collaboration and networking in a virtual setting. You can also poll the audience, push a survey, certification and so much more. Couldn't be happier with this tool and ability to customize the entire look and feel with our brand.

Cons

It is an expensive tool, but I think it is worth the money compared to other platforms on the market. I would love to have implemented other modules, but due to limited budget, I have to hold off for now. Also, I the registration is a bit manual at the moment while we finalize our marketo integration, but I think that will be temporary. I currently have to upload a list of people who registered from our landing page into the ON24 platform.

Reasons for Switching to ON24

ReadyTalk didn't have the functionality we needed, too basic.

Sleek & professional webcasts

Pros

Easy to use, professional, lots of capabilities and features. Great reporting, interactivity, and integrations into our marketing tech stack. Helpful and professional team members and lots of options for support (live chat, tickets, help center, community).

Cons

Some of the user interface and experience could be improved, and the different "parts" of the platform are a little confusing (where you set up a webinar vs. run it). Help documentation has improved but could still be added to and updated.

Kristen from Aventri

Meets our Client Webinar Needs

We host webinars for both clients and prospects, and we have different needs for each. With a global team and clients, it was important that we didn't have to be up at 3AM to host a live webinar in Australia. On24 offers what some other platforms we looked at don't - Simulated Live Webinars. This has been a life saver for us to record live with our team members at a local time and then have the webinar hit live in different regions hours or days later.

Pros

Once you have your template set up On24 is very easy to clone and use for all your webinars. The best part about this software is that it lives online and not a software on your computer so you never need to worry about showing the wrong screen. Additionally, we work with a lot of external presenters and the platform is so easy to use my briefs only take about 10 minutes to walk them through.

Cons

A few little kinks: If you clone the same presentation too much, it will stop you from creating any new webinar pages. I needed to reach out to support to find this out. While I know you can use their templates, we just got in the habit of cloning and it didnt work. Also, there is not an option to have a video play within the slide you are showing. You need to upload videos separately which can make it a little clunky for viewers.

Kelly from CommScope

Great System, Great Support

I have several business units within our organization that now come to me to set up and help with their webinars. They have been very pleased with the results of their webinars and appreciate the result reports that I pull from the system.

Pros

I like that's easy to use and configure your webinars.

Cons

The only thing that we have received complaints on is that there is no phone line so all questions must be submitted via the Q&A tab and there is no verbal communication. We have a couple leaders that really like the have that option.

Features and costs

George from RealPage

On24 Really Nails It

Pros

One of the best things about this software is the ability to do on-demand lead generation. This allows you to broadcast full shows with all the interactivity you want and then on-demand users can experience the exact same show.

Cons

I wish there were more universal parameters that you can set for your brands. We work with 3 different distinct brands and having universal control in case something changes (logos, color, etc) would be helpful.

Alyssa from Johnson & Johnson (DePuy Synthes)

Industry: Medical Devices

ON24 Review

We've introduced ON24 as our primary channel for large field-facing webinars as a substitute for other channels that were not meeting our sales communication needs. Overall, we've had a great experience with the user-friendly admin platform, easy navigation from an audience perspective, and excellent customer support (especially during live events).

Pros

Browser-based platform, interactive features to boost audience engagement, ability to mute audience audio, email notifications, on-demand & multiple event-type options, and Analytics Dashboard! These features have been extremely beneficial in communicating to/training our Target Audience (Sales team).

Cons

Mobile view, finicky Console Builder, accessing PMXD from mobile devices. Our audience (almost 5,000 sales team members) rely on mobile-friendly viewing, which is currently limited. Additional suggestions: - Enable ability to group hide slides in PMXD Storyboard - Enable ability to enlarge storyboard thumbnails (ex. zoom bar)

On24 is a very useful marketing tool

Very positive. has been a very useful tool for us as a marketing firm.

Pros

The software was relatively easy to learn and set up initial events. From there we have been able to copy and improve upon setups and designs. The ease of repeatably is a very appreciated feature.

Cons

Certain speaker have wanted to have their mouse be visible to the audience within the slide deck but are unable to do so w/o the event being set up as a screen share event.

Ben from Finextra

Best platform to use

We've seen an increase with attendees and on demand attendees since moving onto On24. We're able to provide our users with more insights than we have been able to do previously, and our community are now more engaged than ever before in our webcasts.

Pros

Ease of use, always being updated with new features, listens to the community and introduces new features/products or services based on what we need.

Reasons for Choosing ON24

On24 understood our needs and what we wanted to achieve.

Reasons for Switching to ON24

Nasdaq platform we were using was using old flash technology which prevented some users from accessing our webinars, the UI was old and clunky and limited stats were provided.

Decent Platform

We are decreasing the amount of webinars we are doing because our team doesn't have the bandwidth to write scripts, create slides, present or pre-record, etc. We are going to be relying on many more on-demand webinars in 2019 to continue providing content, but not having to dedicate the time and resources we don't have. On24 provides everything we need for now, so we will continue to stick with this platform.

Pros

-Ability to pre-record webinars -Easy-to-access and understand reporting -Can have registration pages with multiple events -Automated emails (that are HTML so they can be customized if necessary) -Webinar console is very customizable

Cons

-Various issues with pre-recorded webinars -Inability to have attendees dial in -Attendees on every single webinar we've ever held have had audio/video issues (not every single attendee, but at least one on each webinar - it works most of the time if they refresh their screen, but it's not a great user experience) -Registration page can be customized, but only slightly -The customer service department is extremely responsive, but they have never actually been able to help with any emergency issues we've had

Jason from IHS Markit

Industry: Information Services

Jason Winn

I am the admin of the system for my company and i have an overall good experience with the system. My reps provide great support and my user base really likes the system.

Pros

That you can custom brand webinars to fit your needs Live & Semi Live events offered Admin Functions made easy Reporting

Cons

Permissions for reporting only logins is not free APAC support is lacking at times

Abby from ACT

Customization with room for improvement

Overall I am very pleased with the ease of use and the level of customization that can be applied.

Pros

The setup of webinars allows for a great deal of customization. Each of the set up screens are very intuitive.

Cons

We use the Q&A questions submitted on the widget to direct to a team email address. The reporting feature does not allow for the viewer email address to be included when their question is submitted. It is difficult to allow multiple team members access to each webinar reporting link. We have multiple team members who set up webinars for different audiences. It would be great if there were additional filters available when viewing the My Webinar dashboard.

Kara from ASUG

ON24 Review

Our team uses ON24 for our education webcasts, I typically host 1-5 webcasts a week and am constantly creating new ones.

Pros

I like how ON24 updates in real time. For example, in the console builder, I can update speaker details, slides, and add widgets and have the attendee view update immediately.

Cons

Making a webcast series isn't so easy or laid out in an obvious place. Updating our registration emails happens frequently, so having a new feature to applying changes to certain webcasts would be helpful.

Great tool but still needs improvements

For the most part it has been great. Our original sales rep was amazing and of course got a promotion because she was great and now our new sales person is always MIA. Never checks in unless it is about money.

Pros

Ease of use. Anyone can use it. Easy to set up events and run them with very little experience.

Cons

Customer support tier 1 is useless. Just submit a ticket. Still not flash free.

Jitesh from BMO Global Asset Management

ON24 Review

Overall ON24 works with what we've been doing so far. I don't believe we work directly with ON24, we work with TSN who works with ON24 who in part works with us as our Vendor.

Pros

The ability to have 2 platforms to host and support our Webinars/Webcasts as well as Library for our In person events we have stored

Cons

Not being able to toggle between the two platforms. I feel like we are on one platform with 2 users IDs so that we can actually use the features of one and the other is just a storage base - they should be integrated

Peter from more 2 life

Great features

I feel like we haven't utilised all features of the platform enough. After learning more about the features at Webinar World, i'm sure we can get more use out of it.

Pros

Cons

The basic designs for the registration pages

Reasons for Switching to ON24

Liked the on-demand feature.