ON24 Software Reviews

ON24 Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2021

Find out more:

• icon"The ease of use of the setup, quality of audio/recording, console design and integration with Marketo are my top reasons to recommend ON24."
  • icon"ON24's ability to integrate with our CRM and share engagement analytics is incredibly helpful from a customer support perspective. It paints a picture of what my customers are interested in."
  • icon"User intuitive, reliable, friendly customer service."
  • icon"Infrequent technical difficulties with firewalls and unique audience configurations are sometime difficult to overcome during a live webinar which annoy customers."
  • icon"The onboarding for the system was horrible. There are several areas on this platform and with each section there is a different ON24 person to lead you through the process."
  • icon"Sometimes there are dial in issues which causes problems."

Browse all ON24 Reviews

• Have you used ON24 and would like to share your experience with others?

Bernard

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

March 2022

Fantastic webinar platform!

Nick

The best and only way to do Simulive Webinars

I have been using on24 for over 3 years. First as a powerpoint designer and now I run it end-to-end. I find the software intuitive​ and after a bit of training easy to use.

Pros

We use On24 in our marketing department to attract new leads for our sales team. We use On24's Simulive feature. This allows us to pre-record our speaker and slides. Then the day of the live webinar the attendees watch the edited video then our speakers are pushed into a live conversation to take questions that have came in. On24 is maybe the only webinar platform that can do this. All others are more of a screenshare system. Simulive gives us the most flexiblity to have a seamless webinar​ without any sound or speaker problems.

Cons

On24 audience console allows us to put up different resources, surveys and links, but it is limited in its customizability​. I'd like to see more console customization when it comes to menu format and colors. Also being able to upload your branded font would be great too.

Reasons for choosing ON24

No good options for Simulive, also cost and cap on how many attendees​ can be signed on at once.

Douglas

July 2022

Great business development platform and branding tool for clients

ON24 is a great tool for business development. It has helped our company grow with leads, and helps makes our company more present in our country. Our video webinars have been a great hit with our customers and clients and we continue to use it even past the pandemic. The interactive tools on the platform allow the user experience to be really good. On the back end the customization is excellent and the analytics and data generated has helped a lot

Pros

I like the analytics feature the most about ON24. With a lot of data collected each show, it is very important to use the data and drive results and inferences from it. You can see how the users interacted with the show, how long they have attended, what buttons they have clicked on, questions they have asked, and quiz answers. There are a lot of widgets interact with and it allows ON24 to process a lot of useful analytics that will be helpful for business development and marketing. I also like the customizability of the software. The audience screen is customizable any way that you want and it allows full control of your own company to do any creative things that you want.

Cons

One thing that I think can be improved is the rigid rules in place for some customization of the software. A lot of the interactive pieces on the console have only 1 or 2 options that may not be right for what your company is trying to do. Also, ON24 is more of a recording software rather that recording and video editing software. If you are doing a recording and you mess up, it is very hard to edit the video, meaning you will need to restart the recording and do it over again. Editing the video is fine, but you will need a 3rd party software, download the video, edit it, and then re-upload the video again.

Reasons for choosing ON24

On24 like I said above has good customization, great analytics and a very helpful staff and support center for customers. All my questions get answered and it provides a great customer experience for our clients.

Reasons for switching to ON24

This program is more interactive and provides more analytic capabilities.

Liz

trash

Seriously terrible

Pros

simu-live and on-demand options allow us to mitigate the risks involved with live presenting on this platform.

Cons

the "best practices" where presenters need a wired internet connection, clear cookies, restart the computer and have no other apps going--are you kidding me? What year is it? The customer service is poor, not for lack of CSM's trying, but because there is no follow through from the product team, and CSM's often don't have access to the latest information, leaving them set up for failure.

Reasons for switching to ON24

We were attracted to the lack of need for plug-ins to participate, however we learned that audience and presenter experience is fully dependent on their wireless internet connection, which is again, not specified as an ON24 best practice, even though it does not comport with how the majority of internet users interact with the product. So, hard lesson learned: plug ins good.

Lauren

The Best for What is Out Right Now

This system is one of the better systems out there. It meets all our needs with some limitations. Just be aware that you will need to learn the system yourself and expect little help from the higher ups. They will not give any types of discounts or refunds on the bill but will offer extra "help" packages, which was no help to us as by the end of our event as we knew the system better than some of the help techs. But now that we know the system using the platform for our events is easy and does what we need it to do. They are upgrading the system all the time to make it better which is helpful.

Pros

One of the only platforms out there that has been established since way before the pandemic. When we purchased it was affordable and catered to what we needed in an events platform. One that allowed individual events and served as a conference platform for multiple events. It allowed to have a conference feel without spending a lot on the virtual world looking platforms.

Cons

The onboarding for the system was horrible. There are several areas on this platform and with each section there is a different ON24 person to lead you through the process. We spent half the time explaining our event over and over again to different people for each section. The team would quickly show us the platform and ask if we had questions, however, since it was our first time we did not know the right questions to ask and missed a lot of good information because of it. We ended up learning the platform ourselves through their library of resource help. By the end of our first event, I knew more about the platform and how it worked better than their "expert help" staff team.

Reasons for choosing ON24

They have been around the longest and have been doing webinars the longest. Most companies I researched back in March had just started because of the need for virtual platforms in the pandemic. But now that other platforms are growing and developing, there might be better options out there that do all the same things as ON24 does, if not better.

Handled with Kid Gloves

The stability of the platform and the ease of use with ON24's technical assistance has broadened the appeal of webinars throughout our company. More and more subject matter experts want to discuss webinars for their products, services and specific client training opportunities.

Pros

Responsive technical team Continuous improvement to platform Excellent initial and ongoing training Highly customizable screens to promote our brand

Reasons for choosing ON24

White glove service with ON24 handling everything from set-up to implementation, promotions and follow-up Ongoing training and technical help as needed to expand program Good personal interactions from Sales to Customer Service to Technical Team from the beginning

Reasons for switching to ON24

Company was saving money by eliminating Webex to use a free Microsoft product for small internal meetings. But the MS product didn't meet our needs for client training to audiences of 400-600 people. We started looking for a webinar vendor who could help us excel, and after several demos we landed on ON24.

On24 is a game changer

Very positive

Pros

Flexibility, I have the ability to produce live presentations or pre-recorded presentations that are broadcasted as if they are live. My KOL's love this option. Once recorded On24 software is incredibly intuitive and easy to use, and the analytics we get post the live broadcast date are incredibly useful. They've allowed our company to have almost a "netflix esq" type of webinar service, where visitors can view any webinar we've done at any time all housed in one central location.

Cons

I have very few negative things to say about On24.

Reasons stated above

Reasons for switching to ON24

Salesforce integration, presentation flexibility and customer service that i had experienced with On24 at a prior company. Made me a champion internally at my current company and I needed On24

Dominika

ON24 Review

We are using ON24 primarily for product enablement. We love the product and the team behind it as they are always willing to help us with anything that comes up.

Pros

I love that we can customize the console to have the look and feel we want. I also like that you can use it in many different ways - for training, marketing, making a show out of your sessions etc. You can conduct courses, certifications as well which is very convenient - no need to use additional tools for this purpose.

Cons

Perhaps that it glitches sometimes and it can be nerve-wracking during live sessions.

Reasons for choosing ON24

No need to download anything from the attendee's point of view, plays for attendees with no issues, good reviews from other teams in SAP

Luigi

Good but can do more

We have done an interesting project using this software. In particular by creating webinar registrations with personalizations and special functions in the form.

Pros

I think it has got an interesting console which could be personalized with useful widget for both users and speaker.

Cons

I think the process for the post webinar for example. I would like to have a dedicated section for post webinar in order to have it already ready after webinar and to give possibility to non participant to go just after the webinar inside to look what done.

Reasons for switching to ON24

I don't know because I didn't have access to this information as i am a collaborator and not the marketing head.

Lahn

Lots of Great Features in this Webinar Tool

ON24 is very easy to use- and I know there are more functionalities that I need to explore. I also enjoy their webinars that give you tips on building successful programs.

Pros

I like that ON24 is easy to use. I can setup my webinars quickly and there are also lots of elements I can customize. I like that it is easy to setup polling questions, move slides around and also easy to answer audience q's- either privately or to the whole group. It is also easy to see how many other webinars the participants have viewed and engaged with.

Cons

There are some elements I would like to have more control over the design. The polling questions do look a bit plain. But most of the elements are easy to customize.

Reasons for choosing ON24

Easier to use and had the functionalities we were looking for.

Elissa

Industry: Publishing

ON24 is a valuable partner

The account managers have been good with following up on our tickets and providing calls to inform and educate users about the best ways to use ON24.

Pros

ON24 delivers a consistent webinar service for our marketing department. We do several webinars a quarter and see ON24 as being a partner in making them a success. We use a variety of widgets and love that ON24 rolls out new ones consistently to make the webinar experience better for the attendees and users.

Cons

Occasionally our phones delay behind the presentation, but support has been notified and there's nothing they can do on their end to improve it. We adjust when this happens.

Reasons for choosing ON24

Price- We're grandfathered in at a great rate and other vendors cannot compete.

Andy

Industry: Chemicals

August 2022

ON24 Webinar Software is On Point!

Webinar viewing for both live presentations and on-demand recordings - great experience every time!

Pros

Fantastic interface with simple tools to fine tune your presentation for both the presenters and your audience as well - highly recommend!

Cons

Every time I used this software I left satisfied - never any issues at all!

Alyssa

December 2021

Heavyweight webinar platform

Pros

The branding features and integration with SalesForce makes ON24 fairly valuable as a webinar platform for marketers.

Cons

At this point, Zoom and Cvent have started to catch up in terms of branding and integration capabilities, which makes ON24 feel more cumbersome than the price point is worth.

ON24 is not ON point

OK, not amazing but you get what you pay for.

Pros

Customizable, easy to duplicate events, tracking is great and recording link also available shortly afterwards.

Cons

Does not allow the presenter to break out the participants in small groups for discussion. This tool is really meant to be unidirectional; me presenting with very little interaction with the audience. I would hope something better link Adobe Connect which is better tailored for virtual classes.

Reasons for switching to ON24

we wanted to interact more with the audience and have greater bandwidth capacity

Tyler

Industry: Wholesale

"Changing the way we train"

The problem we had was reach. We could bring in all the best instructors in the world, but we could only impact the few we could cram into our training facility. Live interaction is very important to us, so that is what kept us from just recording them and posting them online. The community interaction is a must. Because of this, we knew we needed to utilize live video with interaction capabilities, but at the same time keep it simple enough that anyone could participate. How could we make them feel like they were in the room with us? The biggest benefit we have seen is how quickly the HVAC industry has recognized us as a training leader. Most of the major manufacturers are now looking to us to help them educate their clients

Pros

The reason we went with On24 was for the broadcasting feature, and how easy it was to set up an event. We host between 25 and 35 live trainings a year, but up to a few years ago they were only for those would could travel to our facility. Our goal was to open the experience to a much larger audience through video, and On24 was the best solution. One of my biggest requirements when choosing a platform was the ease of use for our attendees. Between making it very easy to sign in, and how customizable the user dashboard is, I was able to ensure the best user experience for my audience, most of whom don't use a computer much. We are now in our second year with the platform and it continues to get better. The On24 team has been very responsive when we had any concern.

Cons

Our two biggest issues with the system have been: Freezing and buffering problems with our audience. When we first starting using their platform, On24 was flash based. They have made strides to move to HTML 5 and adaptive bit rates, but we still get complaints of the video freezing. Most of the time, a browser refresh fixes it. I have a feeling that most of the other problems stem from someone watching Netflix in the other room. The second is the mobile phone experience. For a standard webinar it would be ok, but it is unusable for broadcast video. Since they cannot have the slide widget and the media player open at the same time, it makes it way too cumbersome to switch from video to slide to Q&A and back. Until they have an app like Citrix, I tell all my attendees to never use their phones.

Colleen

Webinar Project Manager

I am a webinar team of "ONE" in my media group, so it is crucial that I have a platform and vendor I can trust. We excelled in all KPIs for our webinar business last year, and having a great platform allowed me to achieve that.

Pros

Easy to learn, user friendly, and reliable. Other than a few quarks when doing a pre-record in for simulive events. Having a reliable and consistent platform is key for me. I know if I set it up to the specs ON24 provides, I'll get a quality product each time.

Cons

Few quirks that can't seem to be fixed. i.e. I can's pull raw lead reports in chrome, but I can in firefox. But, i find chrome is better for functionality while in presentation manager. So, basically this means I am constantly going between both browsers when creating, producing and reporting. I produced a number of "simu-live" programs last year and I understand that the recording is done slide by slide, but when I have a single presenter and he wants to give a typical presentation in one continuous take, the slide transitions sometimes get caught up, and a few times I've had to go back and re-record. So, I've asked the presenter to be mindful and pause in between each slide transition, and then it results in a bunch of dead air throughout. so, that can be a little tricky to navigate. But I've made it work. sometimes the animations in simulive recording don't translate to the final rendering, which I can't seem to figure out why, when they transitioned during the taping. but again, just a small quirk.

Luuk

On24 is the best webinar tool if you are looking to cater todays user: mobile friendly and on-demand

great product, good service, friendly staff, bit pricey and definately not for all businesses due to that.

Pros

We use On24 daily and it helps us reach mobile users otherwise left out (due to bulky plug-ins) and it´s on-demand module really helped us build a whole new service. Additionally the real-time Reporting is great and provides valuable information. The integrations can be improved but overall it´s a great tool if you want a reliable software for today´s user-demands.

Cons

integrations are bit difficult, paid add-ons (e.g. lead-notification for one should really be a standard feature and send it by email if someone registers).

see above

Reasons for switching to ON24

mobile, reporting, on-demand options.