All Pinpointe Reviews

Christopher

Recommend to all my clients, easy to use, easy to setup, super helpful team, very responsive

Pros

Background: I'm a freelance developer who does a lot of web development for companies, usually working with marketing. As such, I get a lot of requests about tools they can use for email marketing, SEO, etc. Pinpointe is my number one recommendation for email marketing. - The UI is easy to use and the system has a very simple interface - Statistics reporting is thorough and provides a lot of information (they are adding more with each update) - Support is helpful. You usually get a reply within an hour and the support staff have the ability to escalate issues quickly to the development team. I've never run into an issue that they couldn't help me workaround until officially fixed. - Deliverability has been better than other systems I've tested - Great range of tools for improving send results - split testing, inbox previewing, spam checker - Has an Enterprise option (at least one of my clients specifically requested this and uses it)

Cons

The biggest drawbacks I've heard from my clients is that Pinpointe doesn't have a price point for small senders (eg sending only a few emails a month), nor a free account for VERY small senders. They are great for large volume and enterprise senders though. Also, they offer a WYSIWYG and a drag-and-drop campaign builder. The drag-and-drop builder is fun to use and is really true to what you see on the screen, but it could use some additional templates.

Outstanding customer service and tech support

Pros

We have used many ESPs over my tenure with this company, and Pinpointe has by far the most responsive and easy to work with tech support in the industry. Multiple options are available for you to reach out to them, including site chat. I've never had to wait long to receive a thorough explanation, fix, and/or walk-through from the team regarding any issues I've bumped up against.

Cons

I would like to be able to edit the HTML regardless of which editor I am using.

Reasons for switching to Pinpointe

Emma was lacking many of the features that we wanted to implement.

andrew

limited ability to send targeted emails out based on purchasing history

Pros

the program is easy to use and is cost effective. I would like to get our open rates and click-through-rates up though.

Cons

inability to segment list and send targeted emails. I also do not like the format of the date as it makes it hard to sort data in Excel

Emerson

Solid email delivery for B2B market

I've been using it for more than six years and it hasn't failed yet. Consistent in delivery and virtually no down time.

Pros

-- Timed distribution. Allows us to delivery at certain time (0900) anywhere in the world. -- Limitless segmentation of lists to target users by region, frequency of opens, type, business, etc. -- Easy search of databases. -- Easy downloading of databases. -- Easy handling of graphic elements. -- Good selection of adaptable templates. -- Quick to send 1,000+ emails.

Cons

-- It could use an intermediate tier of pricing.

Reasons for choosing Pinpointe

It seemed better for business and I could adapt it to my own database better.

Reasons for switching to Pinpointe

Previous product wasn't as adaptable and far too pricey for larger delivery audience.

Matt

Versatile and Comprehensive

Pintpointe on demand allows us to be nimble and responsive. It does this by saving us time and allowing us to engage faster and better than before.

Pros

The best part about Pinpointe is that it allows my company to generate revenue and keep contact information at the same time. Please it has comprehensive reporting that allows us to make meaningful changes to our campaign.

Cons

So far, I haven't found anything I don't like, which the expectation that I can only have one "segment" per contact. Other than that, Pinpointe has exceeded my expecations.

Reasons for switching to Pinpointe

the cost-benefit was amazing and we didn't lose any features.

Industry: Online Media

Everything you need from an Email Service Provider plus great customer service

Across all our brands we send more than 20 newsletters each week. Pinpointe has helped us to create a very efficient process for setting up and sending these newsletters. Our newsletter open and click rates went up almost immediately when we started using Pinpointe. In addition, we send a multitude of emails to promote events, webinars, premium reports, etc. The drag-and-drop email builder in Pinpointe has made creating these mobile-friendly e-blasts easier than ever.

Pros

Their platform is very easy to use. But it's the customer service that really sets Pinpointe apart.

Cons

Their user interface is a bit dated, but I hear that may be changing soon!

Lisa

Pinpointe offers amazing tools that make it easy for me to send emails to my customers.

Pros

Pinpointe has ready-made templates that I can customize, so creating an email takes me seconds not hours. The automation features save me a ton of time. I can create emails ahead of time and schedule them to deliver or I can automate emails based on what my subscribers do. When subscribers click on links in my emails, for example, I let that action trigger a follow-up email. Pinpointe has an image library so I don't have to spend time finding an image, saving it and sizing it. I just pick an image and add it to my message. I love, love the testing feature. I was a little hesitant to use it at first. I wasn't sure how much of a difference it would make - but it did! Pinpointe even conducts the test for me and sends the winning campaign to my subscribers. I don't have to sign in, review the results, and send the email - Pinpointe does it for me. The metrics are easy to understand. I've used other platforms that spit out reports that mean nothing to me, but Pinpointe's are easy to grasp. I can look at big-picture stats or I can get more specific if I want.

Alex

Easy to use. Fantastic for tracking email campaigns!

Pros

The best features for me personally are the analytics and reporting tools of how to get statistics on the email campaign. To find out how many bounces, unsubscribes, opens, and clicks is an added plus for me to use for following up with a contact. The ability to extract the metrics to an excel file is very helpful to upper management.

Cons

Depending on the amount, when I am in the middle of uploading a list of contacts I get bumped out and have to submit a request to increase my dataset.

June 2022

Pinpointe was the Email Service Provider I was looking for

Just plain excellent.

Pros

Easy to use system Responsive and extremely helpful training and service. I couldn't ask for more. Has all the features I needed and then some I think the software has been developed as if I requested all it's features It's reporting system gives me the information I am looking for It gives me the ability to let my clients see all the statistics -- very, very helpful

Cons

It wasn't totally set up to handle all my small accounts, but their team worked hard to give me the dashboard that I needed.

Reasons for choosing Pinpointe

It provided me all the tools I needed, including the dashboard.

Reasons for switching to Pinpointe

Vertical Response was not upgrading their system and was difficult to work with -- after 10 years!

Mitchell

Nothing can touch Pinpointe

Went from sending out our newsletter once every 3 months, due to the complexity of iContact, to sending it every month.

Pros

The best in class email editor, just incredible in flexibility. Extremely friendly dashboard, great reporting, very competitive pricing. And best in case support.

Cons

They are updating features so fast that sometimes documentation falls behind. I'd like to see some effort put into creating a manual or series of video tutorials.

Pinpointe is perfect for creating emails that outperform the competition because of higher deliverability rates, pre-flight tools & robust reporting

Pros

I have worked with Pinpointe for over 6 years and they have always been super responsive to our needs. The UI is logical and easy to use with extraordinary reporting and statistics. Their support team is extremely helpful and knowledgeable with responses generally received within an hour. The deliverability is also better than any other system we have tested and they include great testing tools allowing for multi-variant/split testing. My favorite tool is the inbox preview which shows you 25+ inboxes and includes a pre-flight spam checker. Currently I am using their Enterprise edition which allows me to create dedicated sub accounts with an administrator account and additional configuration options. I have 3 of my clients on the platform and all of them are very impressed with the delivery and reporting they are receiving.

Cons

They don't have a price point that is competitive for small senders, nor do they have a free account. Their target is higher volume and Enterprise The Campaign Builder is very easy to use and intuitive, however I would like to see additional templates added or more options for layouts within these templates.

Pinpointe exceeded our expectations and is an integral part of our business.

Pros

Exceptional customer service, ease of use, understanding of our needs and extremely complimentary of our needs. We send e-blasts so regularly that we need a service that can attend to any issues or problems that may occur on our end or on theirs. All issues we have had have been immediately resolved without hindering our day-to-day job. The results of e-mail campaigns meet our standards and it is easy to pull the statistics we need to ensure satisfactory results. We are able to improve our database because of the tools that Pinpointe provides, such as exporting hard bounces for e-mail marketing campaigns. With as little experience as I have in HTML building, Pinpointe's campaign builder and HTML upload method has allowed me to easily customize and fix any issues that may occur due to broken HTML

Cons

The auto generated PDF for reports isn't customizable to what we'd like to have, but this is nothing that we dislike...we love all of the services we get from them.

Rob

Pinpointe Flexibility, Expertise and Customer Service

Pinpointe was selected as a mass mail service that could protect our client from mail-related domain damage while adding mail campaign metrics and a very intuitive user interface. The metrics and reporting tools were an unexpected plus. They are used by our team and be client end users to optimize their mail campaigns.

Pros

We appreciated the flexibility the Pinpointe team provided to create a plan that worked best for our client. Throughout the sales, setup and maintenance processes we always found exceptional availability from the team. They lead with excellent customer service and that has never left the business relationship. Whether we were discussing initial setup, customization with APIs, or metrics and reporting Pinpointe always brought a high level of expertise that matched our needs.

Cons

We really do not have any negative experience to share.

Reasons for choosing Pinpointe

The key differentiators that drove the choice to use Pinpointe were cost, customer service, intuitive platform.

Eryn

Time used: Free Trial

May 2014

Pinpointe Is Like Constant Contact On Steroids

I am a marketing consultant that primarily services B2B clients in the mid-market space. Many of my clients require email marketing as a part of their marketing strategy' from campaign planning, to creation, to tracking and reporting. For over 5 years I have recommended and used Pinpointe's robust email marketing software solution due to its advanced features and easy-to-use platform. Pinpointe has made it easy for both me and my clients to effectively manage all aspects of email marketing. Overall, Pinpointe is very easy to use. One of the things I really love about the platform is it's built-in email designer. You can either use one of Pinpointe's mobile responsive email templates (they have over 1000) or easily create your own. I often edit directly in their WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor and then check my email design with their preview tool ' which shows you how your email will look in 50+ email clients. The nice thing is that if your email doesn't view properly in an email client, Pinpointe provides you with recommendations to fix it. Pinpointe's customer service is also TOP NOTCH!!! Pinpointe is one of the most responsive ESP's and their team is always VERY HELPFUL and professional. I have also been very impressed with Pinpointe's features, which are updated as technology evolves. Advanced automation, A/b (and beyond) testing, SPAM score checker, lead capture forms, and superior reporting and tracking are just a few (but I could go on and on). Pinpointe does have a few cons. I am a bit frustrated with one aspect of their design editor. I often times use custom colors in an email design that match my clients' brand. Unfortunately Pinpointe's design editor doesn't store recently used colors, so I have to continually put the hex codes in. Pinpointe also updates their features and functionality a lot. This is a good thing, but I wish they did a better job of letting me know. Overall, Pinpointe not only provides me (and my clients) with all the email marketing tools I need to easily create, send and evaluate email marketing campaigns, but they're also very reliable and have never failed me in five years plus I have used them. Campaigns go out when they are scheduled and I can always count on accurate reporting stats.

heidi

Industry: Publishing

Looking forward to many, many years with Pinpointe

Pros

Our firm was very hesitant to leave our provider of over 12 years. Do we have any regrets? Yes, that we did not do it sooner. I cannot express how happy we are to have made the move. The system is easy to use, very high quality. The team we have on our side, is awesome. Replies anytime, any day and mostly within 45 minutes. Our delivers, opens never better and reporting very clear and detailed. The continually work with us to achieve even better results. Highly recommended. We have been here almost 1 year now. Looking forward to many, many years with Pinpointe.

Cons

Honestly, we do not have even 1 complaint. If we need something they do not have, they build it for us.

Reasons for switching to Pinpointe

System we were using was outdated. We were also swayed by the brilliant team at Pinpointe.

Response from Pinpointe On-Demand

Thank you for the positive review! Feel free to contact us via chat inside the Pinpointe application any time if you would like to set up an account strategy review or review new features.

Replied May 2020