Browse Qualtrics CoreXM Reviews

Andrew from University of Arizona Phoenix

Designed to Advance your metrics

This tools is fantastic for working with our Faculty and Researchers. They expect in-depth analysis and appreciate the power of Qualtrics. Our staff and administrative personnel have all learned to use Qualtrics and most of my co-workers find it easy to use and can adapt it to their various needs. This is a great option for anyone looking for a variety of analytics for surveying, and can be adapted to simpler projects as well.

Pros

The most useful part of Qualtrics is the depth of analytics you receive on your surveys, questionnaires, and other tools. In real time, as you develop your surveys you are given insights into how your data can be analyzed. It is designed to help you get the data you need back without asking unnecessary questions. The menu for building out surveys is very easy to use and the number of options and variety in types of questions gives you the ability to develop them exactly how you want. Conditional formatting is easy to implement, and there are many ways to incorporate other media into your survey/questionnaire. The surveys are built to be compatible in mobile without any additional design input as well.

Cons

At times Qualtrics is a more powerful tool than you need. I find that there are some users who adapt to Qualtrics quickly, but others simply do not need it. If you are asking straight-forward surveys and only need basic analysis, you can find easier and lower cost tools. Some people can be overwhelmed by the options and the "analysis" that come with the variety of question-types. That being said, this can be a one-size-fits-all solution, but there will be some training and trial and error involved.

Reasons for Switching to Qualtrics CoreXM

Conditional logic and analysis was not as simple, required additional add-ins, and did not provide us the flexibility we needed.

Stewart from Evolve Research

Industry: Market Research

Cadillac of Survey Software

We've been using Qualtrics for over 8 years now. As a boutique market research firm, we were looking for a full-featured online survey tool that was also cost effective. We were impressed with everything Qualtrics had to offer right off the bat, and I've continued to be impressed with the innovations and improvements they've deployed over the years. Our one complaint is that the price has crept up over the years to the point that it's significantly higher than we were paying 4-5 years ago. But that being said, we have yet to find another survey software that is as fully-featured and easy to use as Qualtrics.

Pros

Qualtrics is very user-friendly and makes it easy to program and manage complex surveys that are mobile-friendly. We can program advanced routing and conditional logic, incorporate media into the surveys to test, and export the data into the various formats and reports we need.

Cons

The costs have increased significantly over the years, and their customer support team will not help with some advanced programing capabilities, such as incorporating javascript into the surveys (you can use javascript, but you're on your own if you encounter issues).

Reasons for Choosing Qualtrics CoreXM

Qualtrics was more affordable and easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to Qualtrics CoreXM

We were constrained by their design limitations, both for question types and how the surveys looked on the screen to the respondents (e.g. Snap looked very outdated and cheap). As our company grew, we realized the need to have a more full-featured online survey tool that had a modern look and feel.

Frances from UIC

Qualtrics is beginner friendly!

As a relatively new user of Qualtrics, I am definitely a fan. It was easier to learn with the help of their email and chat support. Their online help topics are also very helpful!

Pros

I had never used an online survey software and working with Qualtrics was user friendly. I could set up several national surveys using skip logic and survey flow to address various conditions. The customer service is top-notch! I believe in every case that I had to contact them; they could answer my questions. Qualtrics even updated their interface since I started using it and the additional features were also user friendly.

Cons

I am not sure if this is a university policy or a Qualtrics policy but limiting the use of matrix formats, which adds time to the survey for both the builder and participant. But I understand that readability is important.

Steve from Refinitiv

An adequate tool for measuring customer experience

Qualtrics offers a nice dashboard that shows all of your current projects. It is intuitive to create new projects and offers a diverse array of options for those projects. However, I find that it is not as easy to create "advanced" projects in Qualtrics as in other software.

Pros

Easy to configure an NPS question and link into existing studies, offers industry standard studies like SUS "out of the box." (Or our administrator made templates that look like built-in features)

Cons

It was more difficult to customize the questions in Qualtrics than in other products used to manage user surveys.

Powerful Surveying Tool

Awesome. Qualtrics has provided reputability and security to our data collections.

Pros

The features that allow branching in surveying is powerful. This allows you to collect data from distinct groups of people all in one survey. The basic data reports generated by the software provide real time updates on progress and basic understanding of the data immediately. I appreciate all of the customization options in both the survey and report functions.

Cons

If you are just collecting emails addresses, t-shirt sizes, etc. you should use something simpler and quicker, like Google forms. It is just not fast and user-friendly for simple surveying. Also, it does not always give data outputs in excel, etc. in a super convenient way. You definitely have to do some data clean up. It takes awhile to learn all of the features, but once you learn them, Qualtrics is a powerful tool.

increased options and functionality

Salvatore from City University of NY

Incredibly Adaptable

I have utilized Qualtrics for a long list of purposes, and its features allow for a very diverse use basis. While Qualtrics shines as survey software, it can also be used for validation purposes as well a means to redirect customers or students based on need (dictates by questions they answer).

Pros

It it easy to begin building surveys, however, there are an incredible number of ways to customize Qualtrics for various purposes. In some cases, coding or branch logic may need to be set up, however, Qualtrics can be used as a validation tool, as a survey software, as a means to hold a virtual orientation through the inclusion of videos, or even as a means to link users to a meeting or other resource. The options are limitless.

Cons

It is easy to get started with Qualtrics, but it can be challenging to master. Setting up Branch Logic or Display Logic can be frustrating for some users, however, I do find that some of the visual organization tool help to allay some of these concerns. Fortunately, there is an incredibly large database of support materials. I have found customer support to be very communicative and helpful.

Nadir from University of Pennsylvania

Data Collection and Analysis Made Easy

We have used Qualtrics and SurveyMonkey for larger surveys (50-100 questions) about students' experiences and Qualtrics makes manipulating the date very simple. It's easy to filter and export the data if you want to use Excel to do a bit more digging.

Pros

I primarily use SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, and Qualtrics for surveying my students. Qualtrics is adopted by our University on a wider scale and we have access to all features. Qualtrics is a very capable, easy to use tool. There are a lot of helpful resources online that can be used to make the most of the features.

Cons

If you are looking for a short and quick form to collect simple data, like signups, that don't require any data analysis, it is often easier to set it up in Google Forms or O365 than in Qualtrics. Qualtrics needs many more clicks for a simple survey than other (free) options.

Reasons for Switching to Qualtrics CoreXM

SurveyMonkey was an individual license and in some ways it was not as feature-rich as Qualtrics. When other departments switched to Qualtrics, we did too, so we could save money on licensing.

Katie from Aramark

No better way to collect data

Qualtrics is an amazing software. It has really helped me when working with HR needs assessments or other data collecting activities.

Pros

Collecting and analyzing data with Qualtrics is easy. From setup, to design, to distribution, Qualtrics has your back. It is constantly giving you tips and tricks to make your research better. This only helps you in the long run.

Cons

Depending on what level of account you have, you can be limited in response options. Unlimited everything is the way to go if you're going to be utilizing the software often or have a lot of responses you intend to collect.

Reasons for Switching to Qualtrics CoreXM

The free version of survey monkey limits you to ten questions. My surveys are more in-depth than, unfortunately.

Great tools but costly and customizing can be tricky/very difficult

Overall, I like the tools, but the look and feel aspects need major improvements to let the end user select how it looks. The brand admin interface there also needs to reflect a full range of options.

Pros

The survey design is very user friendly with the exception of a few question types (eg, calendar selections require some simple java for anything reasonable). The data analysis side is fantastic and really stands out.

Cons

The cost is very high in comparison to some other tools. You are paying a lot, but an unlimited admin license is very handy for our environment. You do get a good amount for the cost. Customizing the look and feel of the tool is super complicated and for anything beyond basics, you need custom CSS and headers. Test this thoroughly before purchase. The "branded themes" they make for you cannot be further edited at the admin level - super frustrating! The textIQ analysis likely isn't worth it for complicated feedback.

Reasons for Switching to Qualtrics CoreXM

Needed better data analysis and more licenses.

Ravinesh from Self-Employed

Great Data Collection Tool compared to others

Qualtrics is great. I'm really glad I made the switch for a more "Quality" in my work.

Pros

Qualtrics has a nice dashboard and is very easy to use. great diverse array of options for the intuitive projects. offers more survey creation and distribution than any other platform.

Cons

depending on what platform you were using before it my be a little difficult at first to get acclimated to the program. But after a few clicks you will be back to it realizing that the switch was the best thing you did.

Reasons for Switching to Qualtrics CoreXM

Free version of survey monkey limits to 10 questions. and even besides that survey monkey doesnt compare to qualtrics options.

Rachel from Owlet Care

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Full features and looks professional to customers

We use it for various customer insight surveys that we need more functionality than Google Forms can give us.

Pros

It has everything, and I mean everything, you could feasibly want in a survey tool. For example you can set up complicated survey flow logic. While Google Forms only lets you skip blocks based on survey logic, Qualtrics lets you skip individual questions based on survey logic.

Cons

It's pricey. Our plan had us at $1 per response. When I asked about the pricing and whether I could use it, our IT person looked at our plan and saw "Unlimited" and thought it was therefore free--so we made plans to use it, and then learned later that this was misleading and we had to pay $1 per collected response.

It's the best - but the future is concerning

Qualtrics is excellent all around, and has been the standard survey software among academic researchers for years for a reason. However, while the base platform is great, the organization is far from perfect. I had numerous issues deploying the offline app. After months of contacting support -- and getting zero explanation as to why my account, which was enabled for the offline app, could not access the app. After months of bothering them, they did something -- didn't tell me what -- and it worked. Their support team, while friendly, wasn't knowledgeable about their survey app and couldn't connect me with someone who was. Their best information regarding app crashes was that "the development team says it's buggy." Not super helpful considering the additional fee for the app. The timing of these experiences with support -- the same time that the Qualtrics company was sold, and immediately refocused toward the "customer experience" and CRM products they make -- has me concerned about the future of Qualtrics for academic research.

Pros

Building and deploying a basic survey in Qualtrics is very easy. Every step of the process, from writing questions to survey launch and distribution will be simple as long as you allow it to be. For advanced users, Qualtrics offers a number of methods for building in complex survey logic (such as skip patterns, display patterns, and survey flow mapping). Additionally, the built-in question types can be modified using JavaScript, allowing advanced users to ensure that the question "works" exactly as designed, without compromise. Sending the survey is exceedingly easy as long as you've got someone to send it to. Followups with those who haven't respond can be automated through their email system as well. Exporting data to a variety of formats upon survey completion is simple. As long as you've done everything right within Qualtrics, the quality of the data you export should be pretty high.

Cons

The data analysis options offered within Qualtrics are weak, as are the data cleaning options. This is a non-issue for smaller, or non-scientific surveys. However, for most of its existence Qualtrics has been licensed by universities worldwide specifically for use in scientific studies. Less experienced researchers may be misled by these lacking tools and produce inaccurate analyses based on them. The Qualtrics survey platform also offers an offline application -- for an additional fee -- which is extremely weak. It does not work with many functions that a survey used primarily online may include, such as the "request response" option. It's also prone to crashing for no clear reason. Users dealing with protected health information (i.e. those who need to be HIPAA compliant) should consider other options. While Qualtrics does consider themselves "self-assessed" to be HIPAA compliant, they do not enter business associate agreements with clients (so, they do not take liability for the protection of the data); other platforms, such as SurveyMonkey, offer full HIPAA compliance with a BAA.

Grace DiDomenico from Brandeis University

Survey platform with the most functionality, although drawbacks for some research designs.

Pros

Out of the all the survey platforms I have tried (survey monkey, wufoo, google forms etc.), Qualtrics has the most flexibility and functionality, without compromising the intuitive, user-friendly layout. Building surveys is painless, and when building more complicated surveys, I never hesitate to call the support team because of the short wait time and COMPREHENSIVE, USEFUL HELP. Qualtrics allows our lab to create, share and score surveys EFFICIENTLY. With the `Library, we can store surveys, blocks, and questions, which can be copied, edited or referenced in future projects. We have a personal libraries, and shared lab library. `Scoring saves us days of data cleaning. We can score a survey multiple times for different categories we create (ex. categories like Depression Score, Hopelessness Subscale Score). We also can customize the point value of the question items. This is important when the Likert Scale does not follow 1-5, or when a question needs to be reverse coded. When we need more advanced/customizable calculations we use embedded data (ex. converting sum to word labels depending on cutoffs). With scoring features, data can be expertorted and ready for analysis with VERY MINIMAL data cleaning. Before I explain the cons, I want to lead with saying support is always open and grateful for feedback and has even reached out to speak with me about what features I would like to be added.

Cons

Although useful, scoring is cumbersome, and confusing. 1. 'Scoring' does not automatically set the items point value based on how it is recoded (items need to be reverse coded when inputting AND scoring). 3. Scoring does not stay with a survey when added to library 4. Scoring also has glitched numerous times not allowing me to create new scoring categories. Support has yet to reach out to me about a solution (over 8mns later). Embedded data (ED) also causes issues. 1. ED is case sensitive, so you must be very careful when inputting ED in logic or piped text. Often my logic is not working, or data is wrong, simply because I have an extra space at the end of my ED. Qualtrics should add the ability to choose ED you set from a dropdown eliminating this problem 3. ED has glitches for me not allowing me to view certain dropdown options in Survey Flow (also unexplained by Support) Survey flow is also quite cumbersome. When working with a complex survey (a lot of logic/branches/ED) it is hard to navigate. Survey Flow should have a side bar of levels for easier management. Survey flow would also benefit from having a 'checker' for incorrect logic or ED, keeping me from having to use the trial and error method. Other features I would like to see to the platform, 1. conditional formatting for email triggers. 2. ability to breakdown a survey report by individual 3. ability to link surveys reports together to look at data over time (ex. weekly report of anxiety symptoms).

Virginia from Winston-Salem State University

I've been using Qualtrics for over a year and all I can say is WOW!

The product is intuitive, easy to use, and the online training videos made the system easy to learn as well. Implementation went very smoothly thanks to the Qualtrics employees that worked with us on setting up single-sign on and our more complex surveys. The surveys look modern, and the questions are versatile (which makes it more fun to take surveys). In my opinion, this has led to higher response rates, overall. It's also easy to analyze the data and send out reports.

Pros

The intuitive, user-friendly interface makes building surveys a breeze. There are many different question types to choose from so it's easy to find one to fit your needs, and additional survey options (such as branching, embedded data, customized messages, email triggers, and more) make the instrument very versatile. Qualtrics is also modern looking and mobile friendly, and I have seen survey response rates increase since its inception. I have had the pleasure of working with several Qualtrics employees during implementation and found them to be extremely helpful and professional. No matter what I ask, they deliver, and quickly too! Even when I think I have a problem they can't solve, they come up with a solution that works. I also appreciate that the product is constantly evolving and making improvements based on customer feedback.

Cons

Depending on the amount of data, the Report interface can be slow to load. Also, when exporting reports to a word document or PDF, the graphs sometimes appear blurry and can be difficult to read.

Amanda from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Great Product and It Keeps Getting Better

Overall I really love Qualtrics. I'd highly recommend it. It allows for great collaboration, I like that I can customize using Java or HTML, and it also applies to many types of research. The other cores are also great. I'm always excited about the newest feature rollouts and it seems they're always getting better.

Pros

I love that Qualtrics is so intuitive and has so much functionality built in. I also love that they are consistently working to improve it and roll out other useful features. I seldom find it's missing something that I need for my job.

Cons

I have hated the reporting and dashboard functionality, as well as the administration dashboard. It's not that they're terrible, but I can create better stuff for myself by downloading the raw data and manipulating it in Excel. HOWEVER, we do have major dashboard, reporting, and administration updates coming in the next month which sound very promising and like great improvements. One other negative, you can't have two people working on a project at once - it gets buggy and changes get lost. It's also difficult to have two Qualtrics pages open in your browser at once. I've managed to manipulate it to a degree, but it doesn't do super well.

Jason from Utah Valley University

I love experimenting with new ways I can use Qualtrics every day!

We have started to use Qualtrics and its API to capture data from users and then pass that data into our other systems. We have been developing so many ways to automate processes on our campus and Qualtrics is becoming the engine that drives the automation, but also the main interface for the end user. For example, we have been using for self enrollment for certain faculty development courses. A faculty member goes to a registration page, which is actually just a Qualtrics form, fills out a little data and then clicks the Registration button. The faculty member is then automatically enrolled in the selected course in Canvas. That's just one small use case that saves a bunch of admin time.

Pros

I literally use Qualtrics for everything but surveys. We use it as a form tool, quizzing engine, LMS course enrollment, and so much more. If you want to capture any type of data from a customer and literally do anything you want with it, you need to take a good look at Qualtrics.

Cons

One feature I wish was available in Qualtrics would be the ability to use 'Switch' statements in the survey tool. It's set up so that you have to use tons of 'If' statements to set embedded data (variables) to specific data.

Highly reliable software

It is very reliable software to collect responses which use can extend from students' feedback, tracking of students experiments to collect event registrations and abstract submissions. With some updates, it can become a fantastic multi-tasking software.

Pros

Highly user-friendly and most of its features require no programming skills (as a user, not as an administrator) with a nice working environment. It is quite flexible software and can be used as a conference management tool to track registrations and even handle the abstract submission, review and the subsequent revisions

Cons

Some parts require basic skills of programming (eg in the appearance of the form, the adjustment of the font style and position, or in the design of the automatic replies). More flexibility in uploading data from other forms would make this product very helpfull and more versatile. Moreover, deleting selected responses takes forever and decrease its ease of use. Similarly, it would be ideal if the data file wouldn't be disturbed once there is an addition of a question (currently it doesn't move the old data to the relevant cell when a new column is added). Last but not least, it would be great if the data mapping from other forms could be used in a user-friendly way to create automatic responses (currently even with the help of academic staff from Computer Sciences, we couldn't resolve the issue)

Jennifer from Gogo Business Aviation

The Gold Standard

Another thing to consider when evaluating Qualtrics is that they have an incredible support team. From your account manager, to your success manager, to the random people you connect with within the support organization, everyone has been stellar. I know that if I have a problem or even a random question, they will make sure I'm taken care of. It's a great relationship and they really care about each of their customers on an individual level.

Pros

Where to begin? Qualtrics is truly the gold standard in survey software. They have built an exemplary product over the years and keep adding more inventive features to be a whole system solution. Unlike other softwares that are either easy and basic with limited functionality or powerful with a steep learning curve, Research Core is both easy to use at a very basic level and has the power to handle any sophisticated needs you can think of. I've yet to run into a way to survey that the software can't pull off.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is one time that I found an incomplete answer in the knowledge base, but that's me REALLY trying to think of a negative.

Ryan from Temple University

Incredibly powerful, but incredibly persnickety

I've used Qualtrics for over a half-dozen years now, and I continue to find new things that I can do with it. However, be prepared to spend a *lot* more time tweaking and fine-tuning your projects than you might initially expect to, especially if you've never used the platform before.

Pros

Qualtrics really is the gold standard when it comes to developing and deploying online surveys--it is almost synonymous in the same way we say "Kleenex" to refer to any tissue or "Xerox" to refer to any photocopy. The question types are excellent, the skip logic and other features are second-to-none, the reporting and results can be displayed and exported in a variety of ways... basically, if you can imagine it, you can do it with Qualtrics.

Cons

As I mentioned above, if you can imagine it, you can do it with Qualtrics... but that's only if you've paid for a tier of features that will facilitate your ideas. Furthermore it can be incredibly difficult to develop and code custom functionality; there is ostensibly online help, but it largely takes the form of message boards, which oftentimes offer nothing more than a series of dead-ends. If your Qualtrics license is through a larger institution, it can be nearly impossible to obtain one-on-one support directly from Qualtrics... and then there's the generally persnickety, fussy interface that is not nearly as user-friendly as I believe Qualtrics thinks it is.

mark from U of Mn Medical School

A very powerful survey application, very intuitive to use! Extremely flexible, superb support

great survey tools obviously, but we have built some wonderful educational applications as well Without the flexibility of Qualtrics we would never have even tried to create these apps on our own.

Pros

The broad variety of question types, the generally intuitive inteface that lets you start simply, but encourages you to explore its more poweful features. I like the ability to easily get data out in a variety of formats (SPSS, CSV, etc) and add Tableau support was a huge plus!!! The ability to customize the look and feel is very nice, and the flexible distribution options (email, anonymous links, etc) work very well for us. The ability to embed objects in the GUI Editor is awesome, we have built training, teaching modules in Qualtrics without advanced tech help just because the tools are so easy to use!!

Cons

the Table of Contents tool is limited by rules put on place for surveys. We'd like to see educational options settings that would allow more creative use of Qualtrics for educational use.

Jason from Utah Valley University

Qualtrics: More Than Just a Survey

Qualtrics is much more than survey software. In fact, I use it for everything but surveys. I've begun the creation of Quick-Help support tool that is powered by Qualtrics. A user is taken down specific path based on his/her individual needs. After entering the needed information, emails are fired off to the people who can fulfill the user's request. The ability to use Qualtrics as my own kind of ticket support system is crucial to fulfilling our users' needs in a systematic and efficient way.

Pros

I love how granular you can get with every type of action you want to perform. You can use general methods for logic, or create your own with ease. Qualtrics is can be generic as you want, or as customizable as you need.

Cons

I wish Qualtrics wouldn't charge for additional question types. For example, add the form upload and signature question types, you have to pay a fee for each.

Matthew from American Dental Association

Versatile solution that capably supports my organization's online data collection needs

Streamlines and expedites the collection, analysis, and dissemination of large volumes of data across the organization, putting staff in closer control of their projects.

Pros

It handles all phases of the online data collection in a variety of modes, whether surveys are distributed by email, posted online, shared via social media, etc. Developers make constant improvements and welcome input from users. It includes a lot of lesser-known but very handy features that improve the experience for survey respondents and researchers alike. Although it's mainly point-and-click based, it does allow some customizations with html, css, and javascript for those who are familiar with them. The design control is user friendly; with Qualtrics it takes little effort to create visually appealing online surveys and forms! Finally, in an enterprise account like ours, the number of different options that can be enabled and disabled for users sets Qualtrics far apart from other tools I've used.

Cons

I would like to see a little more customization available for standard respondent messages, and enhanced validation between numeric fields and with calculations. Bounced email diagnostics would also be very helpful to have.

Dan from Tufts University

Industry: Fine Art

Useful Online Survey software perfect for Social Distancing

For my job I collect student equipment requests which can then be filled and placed into lockers for contactless pickups. Being able to have students fill in a survey online has been vital to my job during the pandemic. Doing the same thing through email would have been a nightmare and would not be as thorough.

Pros

The ability to customize the questions and their format is great. Tons of options multiple choice, blank fields, etc. Once the data is collected you again get to format it to your workflow. I export to Excel to use and add to the data being collected as I see fit. I can then easily share that with colleagues when needed.

Cons

There are some features that seemed hard to find to me. The name of some of the features are also not intuitive so looking them up is not easy, and could use some work to refine and make it better.

Heather from University of South Florida

Industry: Mental Health Care

This product is offered to students and staff at my university to use through our single sign-in.

As an Outreach Clinician on a college campus I frequently have to get opinions, interests, and availability of multiple contacts in a variety of demographics and as a user I am able to share others contact databases and view ongoing projects. Using this as an RSVP function allows me to gather interest, plan events, take reservations and easily reach out to respondents who have/have not responded (but it would be easier it more contacts could be added to ONE distribution after the fact to reduce the number of them that have to be sent when there are stragglers.)

Pros

Trackability and ease of statistical evaluation when you're not a math-minded individual. There are plenty of "how-to's" and user instructions for producing high quality surveys quickly.

Cons

How the contacts work for adding more contacts to a signal distribution. Also, there is some trouble in getting the import function for .csv files for contacts.

Kathleen from American Water Works Association

Industry: Utilities

Excellent experiences with Qualtrics!

An easy to use system that not only collects data, but allows us to also create reports - both reports that we can export, and reports that we can share via link.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. When working with people with various skill levels, it's nice to have a system that anyone can learn. We really like the variety of question types and the ability to create custom reports from the data. Customer service is also outstanding - whenever I've had an issue, they've been able to talk me through it fairly quickly. The support reps are very well trained. The support site is also great. I also know from past experience that Qualtrics does look at suggestions sent by users , and I appreciate that they have implemented changes to the system based on user feedback. Because of that, I always encourage people to let Qualtrics know if there's an issue or if there's a feature they'd like to see.

Cons

We're a non-profit and it's a little pricey; I wish they had smaller packages for non-profits and small organizations, or monthly options for some features (i.e. SMS messaging - we only need this a few times a year.)

Ryan from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Information and Communication Systems (ICS)

Qualtrics Gets It

We leverage the Qualtrics Research Platform to drive key decisions for the overall direction of our organization, assess the needs and well being of those associated to our organization and on and on. We truly cover the full spectrum of use with this product and it has been absolutely critical in the decision making process and in helping us drive forward in our work. Qualtrics simply has it together.

Pros

Qualtrics is well run from top to bottom. Their products are excellent, intuitive and are capable of supporting customers of all variations. Unlike so many companies that get one thing right and then drop the ball in another area, Qualtrics excels at every level. Their software is excellent, their integration support and API is excellent and their support is hands down the absolute best in the tech industry. There's really no question in my mind why they were gobbled up before they could complete their IPO.

Cons

Because I typically have to deal with low level interaction with Qualtrics (APIs etc.) my ONLY complaint is that they have a lot of undocumented features. However, their support is THE BEST and they always help me through finding those features when I need them.

Debbie from Lehigh University

Great survey software!

Overall, I found that Qualtrics is a solid survey program. It can do just about anything that you would want in a survey program. It has plenty of features and it is easy to use. If you get stuck on something, their customer service will walk you through it. They also have a lot of great literature for you to find the answer yourself.

Pros

This is probably the most popular survey program on the market and for good reasons. It has the ability to design surveys with a ton of options for questions -- multiple choice, short answer, longer answer. You can randomize questions, organize the survey by blocks, use decision trees. It is easy to use and the customer service is amazing. They will also recruit panels of participants for you. It is easy to download the data into excel or other usable formats.

Cons

I haven't found much yet. I am still learning how to use it, but most things are pretty intuitive. The one thing I would say that I don't like is that even though they will recruit panels of participants for you that match particular characteristics, they are relatively pricey.

Powerful survey tool with user-friendly interface

Pros

The functionality of Qualtrics has dramatically improved over the past five years. There is now much more flexibility in customization, saving questions to blocks and libraries, analysis and reporting, and even appearance. There is a big range of question types and lots of options for customization for each question, and it's easy to drag-and-drop to rearrange the survey. There are some powerful analysis tools and you can easily download your data in different formats (CSV, TSV, SPSS, XML, etc.). The user/survey-taker side is clear and has been problem-free for our needs.

Cons

Can sometimes run into issues with scrolling and saving changes to surveys when using Qualtrics on my iPad.

Chad Ian from ECS

Excellent Platform

In this day and age, having mobile-friendly administration of data is key. This massive organization uses many data collection products/vendors, but Qualtrics is the only that I know of which works mobile administration into processes so easily

Pros

The analytics options for performing certain data manipulations in the system before exporting data makes developing reports a very quick process. I love the chat-based support function as well.

Cons

I find it odd that when removing (decrementing) cases from data sets, as I always do to remove preview data, that the time that the system takes to update numbers is rather long. I chatted with product support one day and was given a work-around (i.e., add an embedded data survey block in survey flows), but is still odd.

Sharon from Owner, SKH Research

I have been using this program for about 5 years and find it to be essential to my business.

I am able to conduct research for customers that I used to contract for. It helps my business and keeps me up to date on a number of new methodologies. I am focusing on B2B customers now and this is a very helpful tool for both conducting surveys and analyzing the data.

Pros

Software is fairly intuitive and support group is great at answering questions quickly. Customer support has really improved over the years. You just have to call to get a person quickly. Generally very knowledgeable.

Cons

Takes some time to get familiar with the software. Online chat is slow probably due to lack of staffing. If you want help you have to call. They add new things constantly, hard to keep up, but that is actually a good thing.

Alicia from America Reads

Industry standard for survey research

Enjoyable experience; I don't feel frustrated by software that doesn't do what I need or that is overly complicated.

Pros

Easily write, edit, and send surveys that follow review board standards and maintain data privacy for participants. Qualtrics combines the ease of a Google Forms type application with the multitude of features needed to navigate quantitative and qualitative survey question data. Replicate questions, create multiple versions of a survey and save them, see participant completion rates and send out secure links easily as well.

Cons

Costs more than free options such as surveymonkey, etc. but the ability to save your data and see multiple outputs of that data is worth it.

Natalia from Texas A&M University-Commerce

Qualtrics is great!

Pros

Qualtrics is very robust. It has so many functionalities that I cannot think or any data collection process that it could not meet my needs. I can always collect exactly what I want. I love creating surveys in Qualtrics. The customer support is the best I have seen. The help/resource page is extremely comprehensive and easy to follow. I have fun building survey in Qualtrics. I always say: "These Qualtrics people know what they are doing!"

Cons

Sometimes it takes too much html coding to achieve the perfect look you are trying to achieve - complex font and style formatting are a bit time consuming at times.

Corey from GSU

Industry: Research

Qualtrics, while a little tough to get a hang of, is incredibly functional and adaptable.

I benefit from the ease of survey design, and my research benefits from the complexity of surveys that you can design!

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that once you get a hang of the smaller quirks and settings, you are able to do incredible things in terms of survey design and distribution. The ability to design complex experiments with logic branches and switches that are triggered by the number of people that have taken the survey or even answered a specific question in a specific way is extraordinary. Even with all of this that I've mentioned, almost everything is done without the need of knowledge of javascript - something very intimidating to many.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it has a rather shallow learning curve - that is, it takes a long time to get used to its quirks. Slowly but surely you will become comfortable, but it is only once you have taken the time to read through their guides or done enough trouble shooting yourself.

Quality Data Gathering and Analytics tool

Our district uses this tool survey the public, our patrons, and district wide staff regarding various things. It has been a good tool to help our district decide on general direction needed to go in certain areas, and provides us with a fairly comprehensive graphical view of the data gathered. It's been a generally good experience, but does not meet our other forms needs. Its really just a survey data gathering tools with enhanced analytics, nothing more.

Pros

The forms setup to gather data is a straight forward and fairly intuitive. You have some workflow items available for notifications and other such tasks which come in handy. Our communications director uses the data analytics heavily to assess overall patron opinion throughout the district, and then develops communication out to the public accordingly.

Cons

It's a little more expensive than it probably should be. We looked at several other like applications and found that this product was certainly near the top in regard to price.

Amber from WL

Powerful Tool for Data Collection

Create surveys and analyze data at a basic to advanced level.

Pros

Qualtrics allows for the creation of basic up to advanced surveys, with a robust platform that is there when you need it, but optional when you don't. I appreciate that Qualtrics has predictive tools such as suggestions for the type of question and even for the available answers. It is easy to rearrange questions and while there is a small learning curve, using tools such as "flow logic" for advanced options. Further, the tool provides options for organizing your surveys and makes it easy to deploy/close them from the site.

Cons

While the survey setup is relatively easy, downloading data can often be burdensome and time-consuming. For my work, I often want to drill down and few answers based upon a selected response, but while viewing it on the website does not take long, compiling and downloading a PDF report is something that I don't look forward to doing.

Joost from BRIL innovatie

So versatile, easy

I've been using survey software for almost 10 years now. We recently switched to Qualtrics from Fluidsurveys (acquired by SurveyMonkey) and have absolutely no regrets. Building surveys is extremely easy and their library with predefined choice options & questions is a real time saver. Via their API we are able to present survey results directly to clients through our own platform. Yes, maybe Qualtrics is a bit more expensive than other SAAS solutions out there, but I haven't seen any organization delivering support as good as they do. We are a small professional services firm and at first I thought Qualtrics was (purely) focused on large enterprises. But honestly, I feel like a real valued customer.

Pros

Extremely versatile, easy to use, extensive knowledge library (university).

Cons

At first glance their workflow is different from other survey software vendors out there. But reading some articles on how to achieve advanced survey objectives, it totally makes sense.

Deena from Cornell University

Formatting a survey on your own is easy even for more complicated tasks.

Pros

It's flexible. It has options for online and offline surveys. Importing questions from previous surveys is seamless, editing and reordering questions is simple. There are built-in features for a wide range of question and response situations. Qualtrics overs 24-hour support and tutorials for complex programming tasks to get you the design you need. The support staff are professional, friendly, fast and knowledgeable.

Cons

Ocassionally I've run into glitches and had to delete and re-enter questions to get rid of an issue. Editing (and re-editing) wouldn't fix the issue.

Daniel from LFG

August 2016

The Best...Simply the Best!

I always get great service and support from the support line. They are focused, professional and help to solve any issue that I have.

Pros

I like the people the best, but the software is intuitive and easy to use. It's like and Apple product, you don't really need a manual to use it right out of the gate.

Cons

I don't like finding out that something changed when I log in. I would rather have been told ahead of time that things were changing and I should expect X Y or Z.

Crystal from Fuji Xerox

Very intuitive, easy to customize and use, user friendly and best research tools

Pros

Features & Functionality (many options available, easy to select & use) Printed Report (customization) Initial Report (Dashboard look & feel) Easy DIY Customization (look & feel, survey flow, report) Best Customer Support Ever!! ^^

Cons

Signature & file upload (additional step require to download instead of usual downloading of raw data) Printed Report (unable to display all rows for text entry at times) Initial Report (not easy to customize, rooms for improvement as compare to Printed Report) Contact list (time consuming to upload data with other languages)

Daniel from BYU-Idaho

Qualtrics is a sophisticated, reliable and very user-friendly software that I use every day!

Pros

The feature of Qualtrics I like the most is that the sky is the limit in terms of it's versatility. One can make a very simple, straight-forward survey or one can use sophisticated logic and make a very complex survey. This versatility allows me to use Qualtrics for any job I have.

Cons

In it's current state the Insight Platform reporting features are less-than ideal. They are making progress and things are getting a little better, but there is a long way to go. I still am not able to customize my graphs using the reporting tool like I really need to do.

Ian from Bullhorn Inc.

Simple Survey Site

Overall it's pretty seamless and I would recommend it for researchers who need to conduct surveys and polls of the general public.

Pros

I like how you can take surveys on their platform in real time and from a mobile device. Their surveys allow you to contribute feedback to shape the design of cool products/tech and other research.

Cons

Sometimes it's slow which makes completing the survey a little tedious. Also sometimes you will be half way through a survey before it finally determines you weren't a fit for the survey in the first place which can be annoying.

LORI from ACTIVE INTEREST MEDIA

Above and beyond

The Support group is amazing. No matter when I call they are kind an caring. You can hear the smiles in their voices and each one seems to really love their job. Yesterday and today Mark helped me with a particularly involved survey flow, and his suggestions and information led to the best outcome for us. And of course, the annual summits are unbelievable!

Pros

Easy to use. Engineers are open to changes and challenges, upgrades and upsets :)

Cons

The newer reporting system only allows one question per page, so reports can be very long, we sometimes have 300 questions~

July 2016

Harres from UC Berkeley

July 2016

Qualtrics tool's and services are amazing! The tool is efficient and customer service is world class

I have been using Qualtrics for over two years and it has been one of the most useful tools I have ever used in regards to marketing research and business analysis. The technology is user friendly and the

Pros

The technology is user friendly and the customer service is world class. I have colleagues and individuals from other industries always asking me about this technology. I have been able to increase my productivity and the quality of work deliverable with Qualtrics. My team has been able to accomplish much more than we could have imagined in such a short amount of time.

Cons

I'm a tough customer but this is one of the few products that I couldn't find any cons. I'm impressed.

Excellent tool for surveying

Overall, this is a great tool that I would highly recommend!

Pros

Qualtrics provides a variety of great tools for conducting research. Qualtrics Research Core makes it extremely easy to create a survey to assess the needs of your audience or to find out the habits or activity of a population. This program is great for a wide variety of applications. We use it very frequently and are always very pleased with the ease of use, the power of the program, the results that it provides and the analysis of the results. This program makes the data collection aspect of my job very easy, and the results it provides are simple to understand and allow us to easily apply it to the research we are conducting. Qualtrics also provides feedback for survey optimization to make sure that the survey will work properly on a wide variety of devices. This is nice to see since we want to make sure that all of the participants are able to easily give us their feedback and complete the survey rather than quit halfway through due to a technical issue.

Cons

I have yet to find any significant cons that aren't a result of my inattention or mistake. This software works great.

Abritty from University of South Alabama

The best survey collection tool!

It has been a great run with Qualtrics so far! Looking forward to analyzing my data!

Pros

Qualtrics has made my quantitative and mixed method research easy with its user friendliness! The preloaded survey choice options (from likert scale to adding photos in answers) are enough for designing any sort of survey you are planning to conduct!

Cons

I honestly do not dislike anything. I think the sharing option for editing a survey could be made a little obvious rather than hidden somewhere and that's just it.

Rebecca from Angelo State University

Surveys Made Easy

We were a campus that used SurveyMonkey and researchers would send their survey to our office to create, distribute, and generate reports from. Now with Qualtrics each researcher has their own account and create, distribute, and review data at will. It has dramatically increased our utilization of the survey tool and created less complications for our IRB committee to review products in. Now the data is safe in the hands of the researcher and not a third party. We are thrilled with how easy Research Core is to use and how well the product is being adopted!

Pros

Qualtrics is very easy to use and puts the ownership of survey creation and data collection in the hands of the surveyor. With Research Core you get all the bells and whistles without any added stress of learning a new tool. In a matter of minutes you can create a survey and begin collecting data. Implementation was a breeze with dedicated training and guidance from Qualtrics. We recently changed our authentication method and Qualtrics Support did a great job in getting our login changed over in a matter of minutes. AMAZING!

Cons

My only complaint about Qualtrics is the creating or sharing of survey distribution lists. They are easy to create/use, but our institution does not have them readily available for use.

Nate from Texas State University

Essential Tool in the Research Arsenal

Pros

I am a research-active academic who frequently conducts research via both survey and experimental methods. Qualtrics is an essential tool in this process. I found the learning curve to be gentle, allowing me--without prior experience or time spent reading detailed instruction--to quickly assemble surveys with various if/then branches and other formatting needs without much time or trouble. The same is true of my experimental work, with the Qualtrics platform allowing me to easily randomly assign participants to different versions of my surveys. Despite the ease of use, the platform also allows some pretty powerful customization using custom coding and formatting. I've taken advantage of these additional advanced features in the past and have been impressed. As opposed to some other competitors in this space, I also like the Qualtrics branding stays in the background when participants follow the link. Custom branding is allowed so that your own branding can appear on the landing pages.

Cons

I know it may not be particularly helpful, but in my experience using this platform I have yet to find something that I dislike.

Becca from University of Houston-Clear Lake

A step up from Survey Monkey

We use Qualtrics for student satisfaction surveys for our coaching and tutoring programs, events and workshops, or to poll students regarding needs, ideas for services, etc. As a doctoral candidate and researcher, I use Qualtrics to deliver a digital version of survey instruments and filter and export my data dor use in SPSS. I use it multiple times per week.

Pros

It generates extremely professional looking surveys and results are exportable to csv format if you want to make an Excel or Google Sheet or directly into SPSS for advanced statistical analysis.

Cons

A few features weren't self-explanatory, but quick Google searches turn up instructions, usually a Qualtrics help page.

Great Survey Tool

Overall, Qualtrics Research Core is a great survey tool. It can handle a lot of users and a lot of responses. It has a lot of advanced features. It is pricey but it is mostly worth the price.

Pros

Qualtrics is a great survey tool and can be used for many purposes. My whole organization uses it in many different ways. There are a ton of great features and it is easy to learn how to use.

Cons

It is very expensive and Qualtrics is not good at letting users know when they change something.

Lon from University of Kansas

Great survey software

Our University owns an enterprise license for this software program so it is readily available for our use. Recently I had difficulty with a survey b/c the results were not reflecting what we thought we had done with the distribution of it. That said, it was user error and through GREAT customer service we discovered what had happened and chose to close it out and distribute a second one that was formatted correctly. I have now used this program for well over four years and would highly recommend it to anyone needing a survey tool for gathering data/information. Great program!!

Pros

This is a very powerful program for creating and distributing surveys. On the surface it is fairly user-friendly, however, there is a depth to this program beyond what you see on the surface that can be incredibly useful. That said, customer service is really amazing and is willing to quickly assist when there is a question about doing something with the program that is not just your standard survey creation.

Cons

It is difficult to understand the depth to this program without some significant time spent or communication with customer service. The settings/tools are a bit kluge unless you fully understand the "language" of survey creation and the research it supports.