What are Riddle users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Riddle software through verified user reviews

4.8

• icon"Riddle.com is the best I've found on the internet, I've come across a lot of similar websites but I've found everything I need here. And the support is excellent."
  • icon"Intuitive, easy to navigate, and it looks beautiful as a finished product."
  • icon"Easy to use, completely customisable and simple to integrate into our website with minimal coding experience required."
  • icon"No way (yet) to display results in points instead of percentage."
  • icon"The integration withZapier/ AC was frustrating but they know about this, and are launching a direct inegration very soon."
  • icon"Difficulty getting Mail Chimp results - but they are working on it."

Browse all Riddle Reviews

• Have you used Riddle and would like to share your experience with others?

Tara

The best app and customer service I use for my business!

Pros

This software (given all the things it does ) is so easy to use. Also, I cannot leave out the amazing customer service at Riddle. They go above and beyond!

Response from Riddle

Wow - many thanks Tara... we're blushing over here. Really happy you're loving Riddle's quiz maker - and just give us a shout if we can assist in any way! Cheers, Mike Co-founder

Replied January 2018

Rochelle

Very impressive!

Fantastic. My audience are gonna get sick of all the quizzes I am gonna launch now!

Pros

I was almost about to give up on the idea of having a quiz as my lead magnet for my business coaching services having rebuilt it THREE times in other systems that just didn't do what I wanted to do. You know when something seems so simple, but all the quiz makers make it seem impossible and put various obstacles in the way to just bump up the subscription you need? yeah that. Then I found Riddle. I'm so glad I did - its easy to use, looks great, the little quibbles I had with integrating with Active Campaign were sorted seamlessly and when I had a question on a Saturday night I get a message back from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] telling me what to do. Very impressive customer service, fallas! Now Im off to get me some leads....

Cons

The integration withZapier/ AC was frustrating but they know about this, and are launching a direct inegration very soon. Wasnt impossible though and the quick customer service telling me what to do outweighed this (and I am picky and impatient about this sort of thing!)

Reasons for choosing Riddle

Easier to use, from memory SA very expensive I think?

Reasons for switching to Riddle

The scoring system of my very simple Mostly A's/B's etc quiz baffled even my IT programmer brother. No good for me!

Response from Riddle

Big, big thanks Rochelle - that is super kind praise, and I'm really glad you enjoyed our superfast customer support. We're all big geeks about that - and from our CEO on down, we have a monthly competition to see who answers the most questions the quickest. :) Cheers, Mike Co-founder

Replied April 2020

Product was good. Company's CEO was not.

We had a very poor ending to our relationship. We wanted to continue to use the product, but were auto-renewed at a much higher plan than necessary. There was no notice, and our immediate and initial outreach to the company was positive. They agreed to downgrade to another plan. Then, they stated they would not because it was pre-paid annually. So the FAQs which state cancel anytime are not accurate. We offered to let them charge additional fees to reclaim the monthly level or even additional costs. No was the answer. It was very disappointing and a rather lengthy and poor exchange. We do not desire to work with a company such as this again. There are plenty other platforms with many more features.

Pros

The software in general met the purposes of our campaign. It was straightforward. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but it does what it does well. We have also seen a fair amount of investment in the last year.

Cons

The reporting and some admin functions were half-built, and were not fully functional. It didn't directly impact the use of the product on the public side, but was not helpful in the admin and especially analytics areas.

Reasons for choosing Riddle

Originally, it was because their team seemed like they were in startup mode and wanted to have good client partners to work with. That turned out to be very wrong.

Response from Riddle

Like the old saying goes - there are two sides to every story. This hurts. We're huge, passionate customer service geeks @ Riddle. Please, please, please read all our other reviews - people are unanimous about our transparent pricing and excellent customers. This agency is essentially mad because of their own mistake - having resubscribed and then wanting to cancel down the line. They were grumpy even after we offered a number of alternate solutions - again, making up for their own mistake.

Replied September 2019

Darren

Industry: Sporting Goods

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

I find Riddle Quiz Maker very easy to use, with clear step-by-step guides to follow. The visual customisation options allow the user to create a visually-appealing and professional looking quiz. The customer service element was superb - fast and detailed responses to any questions I had.

Cons

I used the Personality Quiz to create a 'Product Finder', so perhaps a specific quiz creator for this use would be helpful if others have the same issue.

Reasons for switching to Riddle

I needed the flexibility to add a large number of potential outcomes.

Response from Riddle

Thank you VERY much Darren - and love the idea... I've already spoken to our developers, and adding a product finder is now on our road map. Really appreciate your feedback! Happy Riddling, Mike Cofounder

Replied July 2020

Terri

Industry: Publishing

Blown away by the support

This first paragraph is back story: I am the digital media manager (and one-person team) for a small niche print magazine. I have been heading up a transition to a new web theme, which was necessary for technical reasons but turned out to be quite the process. It has been on my to-do list for a while to transfer one of best-performing pieces of digital content—a quiz—from an ancient plug-in to a new platform, but other tasks kept taking priority. However, when we officially switched on the new website, I could not put off this task any longer—and our marketing team needed it fixed pronto for a Monday sales pitch. It was the middle of Saturday night when I finished moving the quiz to Riddle, published it, and realized that I had a huge space between my introduction and the “Start Quiz” button, which I could not explain. I used the Riddle chat feature, expecting to hear back maybe in a few days. But I heard back immediately from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (who was in the middle of his morning Sunday cycle on the other side of the Atlantic!) who told me he would look at it as soon as he returned to his laptop. In the morning, I woke up to a personalized training video, where [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] not only helped me with the original issue, but also showed me other improvements he suggested and how to make those changes on the Riddle platform. I really cannot get over this level of support. It is so rare. Above and beyond is an understatement.

Pros

The support team that comes with it. I describe my experience below.

Cons

No negatives that I have noticed. Like any software, it takes time to become familiar with where everything is and how to customize the templates.

Reasons for switching to Riddle

Transition to a new website theme made it necessary to get rid of this plug-in

Response from Riddle

Wow! Big thanks Terri - we love the kind words @ our support, but even more important, we love how useful you're finding our quiz maker! And you saved me on my bike ride - got to take a break going up a steep hill to answer your questions. Total win/win. :) Happy Riddling, Mike Co-founder

Replied May 2021

Maria

Fantastic user experience

Pros

The interface for editing and creating your quiz is fresh and modern. Quizzes are highly customizable and easy to create, you can even set how strong of an association a certain answer will give towards a certain result (or several!). You can also customize exactly how many results quiz takers see and how detailed they are. The customer service is incredible. Reply times are fast, and they definitely go above and beyond to make sure everything works out for you. Hands down best service experience I have ever had. They even use gifs!

Cons

No easy way to add reply options to the top (to replace question #1 and move the existing ones down a peg). No way (yet) to display results in points instead of percentage.

Response from Riddle

Hi Maria - really appreciate your thoughtful feedback... we're going to add your feature idea for our quiz maker. You'll be able to choose to set your overall quiz results as points as well as percent very shortly. Awesome idea. The good news is that our quiz maker is already 'drag and drop' - you can move questions up and down in any order. Hope that helps - but just let me know if we can assist further. :) Happy Riddling, Mike Co-founder

Replied September 2017

Leo

A MUST FOR ANY MARKETING AGENCY

Absolutely loved my experience with the Riddle Quiz Maker. Outstanding support like nothing I’ve ever seen before. I’m a marketing agency owner that runs campaigns for a variety of clients across MANY industries and the love and support I got from the team at Riddle saved me and my client HOURS and HOURS of work. We spent hours researching different quiz makers to both the simple and complex tasks we wanted and would never switch to another provider. The customization, beautiful design, flexibility and formatting across multiple devices is far superior to anything else we’ve seen. Also, out of all the campaigns we’ve done, we’ve had the highest lead get and conversions using this system. It’s a no-brainer. 10 out of 10 I recommend these guys. Looking forward to creating more quizzes for more clients in the near future, thanks again guys!

Pros

Outstanding one of a kind support Beautiful design and customizations Smooth and seamless quiz making Advanced quiz features no other quiz maker had Improved our lead generation more than any other ad campaign to date

Cons

I wish there was a quiz maker university or more online training to become a quiz master (relied heavily on support to figure out how to do things which was a waste of riddle's time).

Cost Unparelleled Support Design Quality

Response from Riddle

Big, big thanks Leo - you're making us blush over in Riddle-land! Seriously - we love the feedback, and are looking forward to working with you on your upcoming campaigns! Cheers, Mike Co-founder

Replied November 2019

Véronique

Best customer service I've even seen

Pros

It's easy to use, and has tons of options! Honestly, their customer service is by far the best I've ever seen! I've never seen a team answer chat that fast, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] even recorded a Loom to help me out during our chat. Customer service is SUPER important to us here, and seeing them care that much about providing amazing support just confirmed that the best choice for us was Riddle!

Cons

I love everything. Seriously, this tool was made by people who clearly know what they are doing!

Response from Riddle

Thank you SO much Veronique - you just made our team's day with such kind words! And we love being so customer-first - we're big quiz nerds and want to make sure you're getting what you need from our quiz maker platform. :) Many thanks, and happy Riddling! Mike Cofounder

Replied October 2020

Leonardo

Small business owner user review

Riddle is a robust quiz creator software, but I don't need all their features, considering I am a solopreneur of a small startup. And therefore, the value for money wasn't for me. But I still recommend them.

Pros

Riddle helped me collecting many leads for my business. You can use Zapier to connect it to Mailchimp, so all your leads are automatically loaded into your audience.

Cons

It took me a while to learn how to create my quiz, but once I got the hang of it, it went smoothly.

Reasons for choosing Riddle

I tried their free trial, and I was hooked.

Response from Riddle

Many thanks Leonardo - really good feedback, and glad you were hooked with our quiz maker! We'll work with our product team to create more packages with sets of features designed for your use case as a small start up. Happy Riddling :) Mike Co-founder

Replied November 2020

Alex

Industry: Computer Hardware

Very useful with some great features and integration options

Works well, nice integrations, and great support through their live chat.

Pros

We used Riddle to create a very specific tool at the center of a new site we launched. There's some great features which gave Riddle a big step up over anything else we could find. It was especially useful being able to enter in a huge range of potential results (200 combinations) into a personality-type quiz to give people very specific results, and then direct them to a landing page on our site.

Cons

It would be great if in the future they add an option to import quiz questions/results from a spreadsheet or similar.

Response from Riddle

Big thanks Alex! We pride ourselves on being quiz maker customer service geeks - and we're really happy we were able to help out. And great suggestion about the import feature - we'll be looking at adding that soon! :) Happy Riddling, Mike Co-founder

Replied July 2018

Ian

Excellent tool for generating quality engagement

Pros

The product is easy to use, offers a lot of different opportunities, and the helpdesk is fantastic, so quick at responding! Helps me to put great ideas to my customers and increases their engagement.

Cons

There are a few features that seem obvious but are missing, but when you speak to the help desk, they are often already aware of these and implementing them to their next version.

Great product and top tier customer support

This is one of the best companies I've worked with. They know why the exist and they build the tools coupled with the support to make their users successful.

Pros

Riddle had all the flexibility I needed to build the service I envisioned. It is incredibly robust and intuitive especially for the cost. Whenever I had an issue the company offered immediate support and when relevant directed me to the exact blog/how to video I needed to address the problem myself.

Cons

Nothing so far. My only issue so far is integrating with Ad Sense, but that's not Riddle's fault.

Response from Riddle

Thanks so much Daniel - we really appreciate your kind feedback; it's been a lot of fun helping out with your very creative use case using our quiz maker! Happy Riddling, Mike Co-founder

Replied July 2021

Graeme

Always impressed with the simplicity, speed and quality of Riddle

Pros

The ease of use, the flexibility and the speed at which you can set up content. It's been a great asset and the quiz maker functionality has been especially well-used and appreciated. Integrations with YouTube, Instagram etc enable us to drop in content quickly and the flexibility in terms of laying out questions are awesome. More than enough options when it comes to supporting whatever type of engagement you're looking to do.

Cons

Very little! We've yet to experience any restrictions that prevented us doing what we wanted to do.

Response from Riddle

Wow - thanks so much Graeme... really appreciate the kind words about Riddle's quiz maker!

Katy

Industry: Online Media

Fantastic tool for engagement. Love it

Pros

It's so easy to use, and there's lots of variation so it's great for content marketing. I also love the customer support I've had from Riddle. Any questions I have are quickly answered and with a smile. Can't fault Riddle.

Cons

Can't think of anything! Although it would be great if there was an option to retain my magazine's logo on any new quizzes or polls that I create. I'm sure if I raised this with the makers, they'd consider adding.

Response from Riddle

Sheesh - we're blushing over here, Katy! (And thanks for the feedback - we have good news... you can use our 'template' feature to save and apply your unique combination of logo, fonts, colors, and more with just a click.)

Dylin

Amazing client support from the very beginning

We're just getting started with Riddle, but we're hoping to use it as a resource for existing users as well as a marketing tool to bring in new users. With the Riddle quizzes, we can offer a variety of financial assessments and resources to help users understand how to get to early retirement.

Pros

The customer support is amazing. From the moment we got on the site, we were asked if we had questions or needed help. And we continued to get help and assistance as we built out quizzes. Mike and Boris do a fantastic job of making sure you have everything you need. That being said, the product itself is also very easy to use and implement.

Cons

We may need a quiz that allows user data input in the future. It's not yet available on Riddle, but perhaps in the future. In the meantime, they have a number of other quiz options to choose from.

Response from Riddle

Big thanks Dylin - looking forward to seeing how you leverage Riddle's quiz maker for your marketing needs! In terms of features, that's a good (and popular) idea - we support open text answers currently, but we're also looking at building out various user input options. Stay tuned :) Cheers, Mike Co-founder

Replied September 2017

Natacha

Efficient quizzes, best costumer support

Pros

It is quite easy to understand how it works. But if you don't, do not worry. The team will be there for you to help - and they are VERY responsive.

Cons

This is a software and I am not a software person. But again, it is quite easy.

Response from Riddle

Merci beaucoup Natacha - we really appreciate your kind feedback! And look forward to seeing how you continue to use Riddle going forward. :)

Cheryl

Riddle has the best customer support I've ever received. Great quiz maker, exceptional company

I had to make a quiz within a week for a huge, career making gig. I'd never used a quiz maker so it was a steep learning curve. But customer support was incredible. My assistant said Boris spent 45 minutes (one of many free support calls!) teaching him to do something that would have taken 8-10 hours for my assistant to do alone. Warm, friendly, super efficient support. And my quiz looks spectacular - so professional. Head and tails above my competitors quizzes.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to navigate, and it looks beautiful as a finished product. Loved how easily it integrated with Chimp. Embedded video sets your quiz apart - super professional and reaches your audience more effectively.

Cons

Happy with it - the only improvement would be a more sophisticated scoring system for psychological traits, and Team Riddle is working on that!

Response from Riddle

Thank you VERY much Cheryl - it's been an absolute pleasure working with you and your team! :) We can't wait to roll out our newest personality test module - based in large part on your killer feedback. Thanks again! Mike Co-founder

Replied November 2019

cosmin

Riddle is a great product! I have never in my life seen so much promptness in customer service!

Decent design easiness of use easy to implement

Pros

What I like the most: their design and the animations. It feels good and very engaging. I just want to emphasize again the support that these guys offer. It is absolutely amazing, they are always willing to help or guide! I am using riddle as an educational tool rather than getting leads and it does a a great job!

Cons

The way questions are added. If you have over 30 questions you would have to scroll up to add another one.

Response from Riddle

Thank you so very much - we love that sort of feedback... and are looking to improve adding questions as you mentioned!

Replied March 2018

Helena

Best Option For Quiz Marketing

10/10

Pros

Riddle has amazing customer service. They make sure all your needs are met and have gone above and beyond consistently. The data conversions from the quiz on my eCommerce site have converted thousands in sales and I could not be happier with their service.

Cons

Switching over from another quiz making software I have NO COMPLAINTS about Riddle. I truly believe their the best on the market.

Response from Riddle

Wow - that's amazing feedback Helena. thank you so very much for the kind words - AND for choosing Riddle! :) Cheers, Mike Co-founder

Héctor

Industry: Graphic Design

Great company, great tools and great support team!

We have just joined! First experiences are quite good. We are happy with all the tools and the creative chances Riddle give us. Support Team are amazing, we had some special technical needs and they gave us a resolutive support.

Pros

All the creative possibilities Riddle give us.

Cons

Maybe Riddle needs a more use-friendly design. It's OK but it could be better :)

Response from Riddle

Aw thank you so much - we love to hear this sort of feedback... especially about our awesome customer support team! We'll share with them - you've made their day. :)

Replied September 2019

Lauri

Great tool for professional quiz making. Best product out there!

Pros

It's super easy to use, and getting better all the time. They've GREAT and super fast responding customer support!

Cons

Still developing the site. Sometimes the user interface changes a bit due the new features, but you get new stuff almost every week!

Response from Riddle

Big thanks Lauri - we're blushing over here. :) We're keen on adding new features - and 90% of product ideas come from our customers, so please let us know if there's anything we can build to make Riddle's quiz maker more useful for your teams at Sanoma! Happy Riddling, Mike Co-founder

Robin

Great support + Quiz Features no-one else has!

Great platform. Easy to set-up, intuitive to use, *many* customization options. Results organised in order from high-low and in % automatically, easily linkeable to ActiveCampaign and Google Sheets (making the use of Zapier not necessary). We love it.

Pros

With Riddle we were able to create a quiz exactely how we needed it easily: having the results automatically registered from high-low and in percentage, without having to do any set-up or workaround for calcultations ourselves.

Cons

We bumped into some limitations with regards to the ActiveCampaign integration. Nevertheless, the Riddle team was continually available and their developers were able to develop a fix overnight!

Response from Riddle

Awesome - it's been great working together; you helped us by pointing out a way to improve ActiveCampaign's integration with our system. We like being super fast with fixes, because we know delays cost our partners potential leads (and money). :)

Replied August 2021

Really brilliant product and customer service is amazing.

Very easy to use and logical! I was stuck on how to do something so [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from the Riddle team created me video to show me how to get over a hurdle. Really appreciate the personalised approach, friendly service and quick live chat responses.

Pros

Really intuitive and easy to use. Even a tech savvy person could pick this up quickly.

Cons

One cannot add questions into a flow once created but [SENSITIVE CONTENT] found me a workaround. He did also say this would be fixing this in Riddle 2.0 so one cant complain!

Response from Riddle

Thanks so much Sarah - we're honored to have such great feedback, and love knowing that our tools are helping England Netball grow your sport! Happy Riddling, Mike Co-founder

Replied July 2021

Oren

The live support is superb!

I was looking for a solution to create a simple online simulation based on images the participants see and a set of options that they can choose from in response to the images. Integrating the images was not too easy, but I found good help in the live support.

Pros

Any question or obstacle you encounter will be solved within a few moments.

Cons

I would like to have some more flexibility in regards to the logics that could apply to the "journey" mode

Joseph

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Friendly, fun and human.

It makes my blog look far more professional and on top of trends, I like the software to offer male female and other as gender options or a sliding scale for gender so its more inclusive.

Pros

The Riddle Software is so easy to use and it has a great blog to explain the various features and options. The guys running riddle are so friendly, honest and helpful I feel like i know them even though we've never met. It's like an online buddy providing a fun service.

Riddle