All Screaming Frog SEO Spider Reviews

Kevin

Marketing and Advertising, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

I cant do my job without it

Rohit

Internet, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Best Tool for Technical SEO Audit

Overall I am very satisfied with Screaming Frog. From the day I started using Screaming Frog, I have been able to solve many more technical issues on my projects.

PROS

The best thing I like about screaming frog is its ease of use and speed. It gives a lot of technical SEO issues with all the details and their solution as well. Many of those issues other tools cannot detect, like HSTS security issues and more. For me, it's a must-have tool for a technical SEO audit.

CONS

Sometimes it does not reflect the changes even if the problem is solved on the website. Due to that, I had to re-run the tool multiple times. It happens frequently.

Tanya

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Great Value in this Tool for My SEO Process

I have found the tools inside of Screaming Frog to be extremely powerful and easy to use in order to gain an understanding of my clients' websites. The crawls allow me to gain insight rather quickly to find weaknesses in a website so that I can address the problems and ultimately help my clients to improve their technical and on-site SEO issues.

PROS

I like how easy it is to get the comprehensive reporting done very quickly with clear action items to improve my website.

CONS

I would like more functionality and formal reporting that I can show to my client instead of having to create the reports myself from the crawls.

Reason for choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

I had heard great reviews about Screaming Frog and decided to make a change because of better pricing and ease of use.

Elle

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

A big leap of faith if paying

Although it surpasses its competitors in terms of the amount of information displayed, I don0t like having to start from scratch, or for it to crawl what it shouldn't - which puts you over the 500 url limit... even on a small site.

PROS

There are so many features - most of which are available in the free version

CONS

As far as I could see - there was no way to only crawl the links I provide. I could also not locate a way to save the progress to check on another day, meaning I have to start from scratch every time. This, however, wouldn't be an issue in the paid version as far as I can see

Reason for choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

I went with SheerSEO instead after testing the free versions of each.

Ferent

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

It's a great software for website optimization

It's a good software to use for website optimization. I link it because of its popularity and performance quality. Little adjustments can make this tool superb.

PROS

While this software lacks some advanced functionalities, however, it remains one of the top-notch website analysis and technical SEO tools that I've worked with. I like it because it's user-friendly and provides a comprehensive website analysis feature which provides a set of tools that collect data on various SEO aspects and helps for further fixing such as broken links, meta tags, duplicate contents, and others. This software is able to collect a large amount of data on the website including page titles, headings, URLs, meta descriptions, codes, and many more which easily get exported for further analysis. This provides a more effective and easy way to deal with performance-related issues the website might be experiencing. In addition to being very smart, it offers expanded customization settings that provide ease, convenience, and extra flexibility to configure the scrawl depth, ignore certain URLs, limit scrawl to just some specific sections on the website, and more. It's a great choice for website optimization and ultimately my number one recommendation.

CONS

The cost of getting a license can be very high, especially for small businesses with low or limited budgets. There is no direct support which could potentially be problematic in cases where the user needs urgent assistance. It still lacks some advanced functionalities compared to similar tools - but, it's not a great deal.

Joe

Semiconductors, 10,000+ employees

Screaming Frog Is Not An App, It is my Partner

I use Screaming Frog for SEO but also use it for any number of miscellaneous content review tasks.

PROS

I like it that I can observe everything by URL with Screaming Frog including other SEO data

CONS

There are so many features, you forget and re-discover them

Reason for choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

Can't beat its versatility and flexibility, other crawl providers are slowly going away from the Swiss Army knife versatility of a web crawler.

Reviewed August 2023

The only must have tool for an SEO

This is "the tool". Combine this with Search Console and Analytics and you have everything you need.

PROS

Being able to easily crawl a website and having everything handled for you with and obscene amount of customization options is incredible. It doesn't matter if you are a newbie of a pro, SF has you covered.

CONS

Sincerely, loving everything so far. The recent updates have been amazing.

Ambar

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Efficient, trustworthy, and simple tool for SEO!

Excellent and amazing experience with this great SEO tool - Screaming Frog SEO Spider

PROS

- Examine a website's technical elements.- Examine the number of URLs a website has.- Examine webpage images.

CONS

It is really very helpful, there is no downside or cons to this amazing SEO tool.

Lauren

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed August 2023

Great content audit and inventory tool

Overall, Screaming Frog helps me a lot in analyzing client websites and identifying top issues to solve. I can better understand a site's structure, SEO health, and usability status, which informs how I will approach a project to be the most successful.

PROS

I love that I can get a birds-eye view of a website's page structure. I can easily export the site pages into a spreadsheet for performance content inventories. I also love that the tool calls out the greatest issues, such as duplicate headings or meta descriptions and readability issues. This saves me a lot of time on client work.

CONS

I wish it was easier to crawl websites that are login-protected. I know this is something Screaming Frog can't control, but it would be nice to have slightly more informative help articles that walk us through what do in this scenario. I also find configuration of the tool difficult sometimes. I've had coworkers whose Screaming Frog stops crawling websites correctly, and we often have to troubleshoot for a while to figure out why.

Ruka

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Screaming Frog Review from marketing exec at Financial Service

Overall I am very satisfied with my experience with Screaming Frog. There are so much data you can get from the tool and can easily export to Excel to do data analysis.

PROS

Screaming frog provides such an in-depth data about your website. And it is very convenient to extract large amount of data very quickly.

CONS

There are a lot of functions that you can use which is a little overwhelming in the beginning until you get used to it but if you have certain things you repeatedly use, it is relatively simple.

Vijeta

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Use it to be in full control of your website & ensure its higher ranking on Google Search Engine

We're a happy user. It has given us a great ROI on our organic campaigns as well as paid AdWords campaigns by improving our content, mitigating poor performing backlinks and enabling to gain backlinks from websites with higher domain authority and score.

PROS

Its keyword monitoring feature is very effective to keep a check on our competitors keywords. We have been able to build a better keyword planner after using it which has improved our ranking on Google and also increased our organic traffic & business conversions.

CONS

It gives slow results and needs a lot of continuous efforts to continuously rank high on Google. It's not a one-time activity but needs a lot of bandwidth in terms of employee hours.

Shoaib

Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2022

One of the best SEO tool in the market

The tool has provided great services to us for tracking all the backlinks, searching for new keywords, and conducting website and SEO audits. The tool is great as it installs within the computer unlike semrush or others.

PROS

It is very straightforward and provides great insights for backlinks, on-page SEOs and technical SEOs. Comes at a good price and offers great free features. Installs within the computer and gets you what you deserve.

CONS

Too many features gets the software a little complicated to start with. The learning curve is the only thing I would say is the dislike of the Screaming frog and its outdated UI.

Price

Reasons for switching to Screaming Frog SEO Spider

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2019

The Standard in Web Crawling Software and MUST have for SEO

I've used it for personal use (free version) and for work (paid version) as both a content manager and general marketer. Primary use was technical seo checks on live and staging sites as well as occasional competitor research.

PROS

In short, it can do nearly anything! And best of all, the only real limit is your creativity. For example, while launching a series of localized websites in other versions of English (UK, AU, NZ) I used it's regex function to crawl our staging sites for common American spellings that had been missed (e.g. color/colour) There's TONS of support online and neat ideas for using it. Plus the latest version can run headless (i.e. via command line) so you can install it on a cloud server to do huge crawls without hogging your own internet connection or RAM. It's a must have for doing technical seo checks of your website.

CONS

-Tons of options so not everything is super easy to find, but it's an advanced tool so that's to be expected. -Paid version is a bit expensive for ireggular users -Yearly license model is very annoying. Would prefer a 1 time purchase and then yearly IF you want updates like other software or plugins

Ramazan

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

The perfect solution at an affordable price

With Screaming Frog SEO Spider, you can scan your site in depth and easily examine the errors and warnings on your site. With this tool, you can see the SEO optimizations such as title, description, h1, canonical, site speed, images alt tag on your website in detail.

PROS

Website browsing is one of my favorite features. Scanning modes and optimizations that you will make collective reports help you a lot. It is very fast and very easy to use. People who do not know can easily learn everything about this tool.

CONS

The vehicle does not have any features that I did not like. I am really the biggest assistant in SEO optimizations.

Nicholas

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Every SEO should use this tool

Screaming frog has allowed me to take a lot of super laborious manual tasks and essentially automate them. It's taken my SEO to another level

PROS

Screaming Frog is THE tool. I literally can't think of a single task that this tool can't do/support. Ridiculously cheap compared to other SEO tools on the market.

CONS

The UI is pretty ho hum, and there's a pretty steep learning curve. Those are honestly pretty minor gripes. I have to dig deep to think of any negatives

izak

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

best site crawler and audit

it is great software with many many features -very useful

PROS

screaming from is a tool that every site optimizer should work with , its provide the fastest crawling audit to every site in order to check all of the seo elements to get a full picture of sites seo problems and score

CONS

the latest version might be heavy and some feature have lost - site blocks might create error while checking some site

Dee

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

My favourite SEO tool!

Would 100% recommend for digitial marketing agencies.

PROS

Range of features - everything from canonicals to href lang. Relatively easy to use - the knowledge base online is great too! Ability to crawl development sites in the run up to a new website launch.

CONS

The tool looks a bit scary when you open it (not the most aesthetically pleasing) - but it's not an issue.

Reviewed August 2022

buy screaming frog if you can only buy 1 tool

If you can only afford 1 tool, buy Screaming Frog. It might be a bit complicated at first, but after you've mastered it, it's one of the best tools to use.

PROS

Screaming Frog is inexpensive and offers a great value with so much insights in your website. You can configure and customize crawls and get more crawl data than any cloud seo audit tool

CONS

Screaming Frog is pretty technical. You might need to invest some time to explore all features, settings etc. But when you've done this, you can do anything with this tool.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Best tool for crawling every page of your site for SEO work!

Positive overall - it's always one of the first tools I download when I start a new marketing role just to get a baseline for where things are at and what needs to be optimized.

PROS

I love how quickly it gets me what I need - complete meta data crawls for every page of my site. It spits out a nicely formatted spreadsheet that I use to drive all of my optimization across our entire site.

CONS

I can't stand how it only allows the first 500 pages on the free tier. Not a problem for smaller sites, but if you have a ton of pages and sub-pages, it'll be really frustrating to not be able to crawl them all.

Reason for choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

Didn't consider any alternatives. Google Analytics is probably the closest thing to it, but it doesn't give you the meta data you need to see in order to optimize your site.

1 employee