Screaming Frog SEO Spider Software Reviews

Screaming Frog SEO Spider Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"You can use it for scraping, find hard to see technical issues, runs faster and can manage very efficiently resources in your machine when you are processing big websites (over a million urls)."
  • icon"It can do just about anything you need from a crawler, and at a fraction of the cost of other top tools. Interface is straightforward and simple."
  • icon"This is one of my favorite, go-to SEO tools. I like that I can crawl an entire website (either a customer or competitor) and get a complete picture of on-page SEO."
  • icon"The pricing makes it obvious that its not for everyone. Using screaming frog for the first time can be very challenging, its user interface is also complicated."
  • icon"The only issue I have with Screaming Frog is that it can be a little difficult to set up and analyze your first time using it."
  • icon"Data exports can be a bit clunky, and Screaming Frog tends to choke on hugely massive crawls, compared to some of the competition."

All Screaming Frog SEO Spider Reviews

Time used: Unspecified

Screaming Frog Review: Web crawler designed to help businesses improve their SEO

Shannon

Best Value for Product in This Space

When looking for an option to assess client sites, I need SEO software that works consistently and without bugs. It's also helpful that it's affordable compared to the other services offering a similar scraping of SEO data from a website. Given that it's a flat annual fee, I find that far superior to the high monthly costs. And as noted, it just works. If you're an SEO professional, there will be no real learning curve to use it.

Pros

The software works exactly how it's intended to work, and the layout is intuitive. Once you've assessed a website, the output of links, metadata, word counts, and headers is all dead simple to understand—and even more, it's dead simple to sort the details as needed.

Cons

I wouldn't say that the interface is either attractive or sophisticated. It's looked exactly the same for many, many years. It's not flashy, but it easily displays the data you need, so it's a small compromise that you don't even really notice.

Reasons for choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

I have subscriptions to each of these alternatives, but none of them provided the data I needed in raw form that I could manipulate easily in a spreadsheet—at least not without upgrading to a significantly more expensive plan (SEMrush).

Nirav

Industry: Publishing

The Best Crawler For SEO Technical Audit!

The Screaming Frog crawler has been the backbone of our company's technical SEO audit. Not only do we do technical SEO audits but we also use the tool while doing website migration.

Pros

I can endlessly write about the pros of Screaming Frog. Here are a few: 1. For enterprise-level websites, you will never know which links are working and which have been dead (5xx/4xx). This crawler can help you identify all the dead links on your website. When I say dead links I mean links that are 3xx or 4xx. 2. You can easily fetch data for the number of internal links that each of your web pages is receiving. The more the number of internal links the more SEO value a page gets. Based on this data, you can easily alter your web architecture to pass the maximum number of internal links to your key landing page. 3. You can check all the images which has missing alt tags 4. You can find duplicate content pages on your website 5. You can check pages with missing meta title and description 6. You can check pages with duplicate meta title and description

Cons

1. The max crawl speed available is 20 URLs/s which can be increased 2. They should also provide hosting platforms to run the crawler or introduce a web-based solution

Reasons for switching to Screaming Frog SEO Spider

The accuracy of the Screaming Frog crawler is much better than Ahrefs crawler. Also, the detailing provided by the Screaming Frog crawler is very helpful.

November 2022

Para mi una de las herramientas imprescindibles en los equipos de SEO

Pros

Lo utilizamos dentro de nuestro equipo de SEO y se ha convertido en un imprescindible, es perfecta para realizar una auditoria de tu página web y obtener un analisis perfecto de como se encuentra cada web, por ejemplo si están indexadas o no, palabras clave, errores que pueda tener, etc, para nosotros como digo una herramienta imprescindible en el equipo ¡ Muy recomendable!

Cons

No hay nada que no nos guste de esta herramienta

Stephen

Industry: Packaging and Containers

April 2022

The most commonly used tool in my SEO toolbox

The product is great - like, actually, truly, *great*. The service is equally impressive - I reach out via email or Twitter and rarely have to wait more than a day for a meaningful response. This is a tool that has made me better at my job, and has directly helped to implement improvements that would have added at least a 100x return on the purchase price.

Pros

Screaming Frog is an excellent crawler, that is relatively easy to use, has excellent resources and community, but crucially not at the expense of good old customer service. It is a tool that helps me identify issues with my website that often cause problems with having it crawled or indexed by Search Engines. Through it's regular updates, it helps keep me up to date with new developments in the field. Although it doesn't look as sexy as some other SEO tools, I find Screaming Frog, along with Google Search Console and a Spreadsheet, is able to accomplish 80-90% of what I need to do. Specifically, I use Screaming Frog for tasks such as: * identifying pages with missing or incorrect canonical tags * identifying pages with missing, incorrect or duplicate meta tags * analysing pages that may have unusually large amounts of JavaScript (can help with performance to reduce redundant js) * identifying pages that are redirecting incorrectly, or missing pages * identifying pages that may have incorrect or missing robots directives * confirm all pages are loading via https/tls * identifying duplicate content * identifying pages with unnecessarily large images (performance) * checking structured data (e.g. schema.org) implementation There is a lot more, but that is some of the common tasks I do. It's very flexible - if you can imagine it, there is a good chance Screaming Frog will do it, or at least get you part way to your goal.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of a single thing. I really love this software.

Must Have Tool + Great Value

Pros

Screaming Frog is able to help me find broken links, audit our many redirects, find any issues with our meta data, and so much more. It's great value for the price. The integration was super simple, nothing to do except download and install.

Cons

I don't have much bad to say about this product. They've made improvements to their user guides which was a previous pain point. The UX is a bit clunky but not that important.

It had good reviews.

It works, mostly

Needed to identify thousands of pages linked across 13 websites. I thought it did that, but later found a lot missed. Not sure if that is the software or my use of it.

Pros

On the surface it seems easy. Point at a domain and you get a list back. So easy to use and get what you need. I think. But see cons...

Cons

I didn't always feel like this was crawling every page. Maybe it is a config issue, because the interface can be confusing. Yearly license fees make it not attractive.

Elle

September 2022

A big leap of faith if paying

Although it surpasses its competitors in terms of the amount of information displayed, I don0t like having to start from scratch, or for it to crawl what it shouldn't - which puts you over the 500 url limit... even on a small site.

Pros

There are so many features - most of which are available in the free version

Cons

As far as I could see - there was no way to only crawl the links I provide. I could also not locate a way to save the progress to check on another day, meaning I have to start from scratch every time. This, however, wouldn't be an issue in the paid version as far as I can see

Reasons for choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

I went with SheerSEO instead after testing the free versions of each.

Anil

Best Crawler of SEO

My marketing team is using the tool for our customers website to understand their curren situation.

Pros

Screaming Frog is powerful crawl tool that you can crawl your website of any corner.

Cons

I dont have any bad experience while using Frog, it is cheap and useful.

Victoria

Ease of use

Pros

You don't need any particular skill to be able to use this product. After downloading the software, you simply have to install it and get started. Running the tool is easy as you only have to enter your URL and the software will take it from there. If you are looking to find orphan pages, your directory tree, 301s, 404s, and canonical pages, then this is your go-to software. It also makes it easier to find your inlinks and outbound links. Each month, I run all my websites on Screaming Frog to fix any linking errors that I might have missed. It's a breeze!

Cons

So far, everything works perfectly and I have no complaints.

December 2021

I identified over 800 errors that I didn't know about in my ecommerce

Pros

using Screaming Frog SEO Spider I identified more than 800 errors that I didn't know in my ecommerce, this made me significantly increase my revenue I use the tool to detect SEO errors on several clients

Cons

It identifies all the errors, and sometimes there are many, a feature that sets urgency levels for the problems would make me happier

Fabio

A crawling tool that every SEO should use

Pros

Screaming Frog is the tool that allows you to evaluate your website as if you were the Google spider, that is, it is a crawler that allows you to evaluate each and every technical component at the SEO level.

Cons

The tool at a general level is incredible, it is important to configure correctly according to the specific need you have, two winners of all the options you have: Connections to Google Analytics apis, Google Search Console and Ahrefs. Information architecture viewer.

Reasons for choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

At the beginning price, with the time I have been trying the above mentioned and although I use them, I don't do it with the same frequency as with the frog

Lindsey

June 2022

Screaming Spider

Pros

I liked the amount of data I was able to gather about my rankings in comparison to other companies in same space

Cons

It at first seemed a little daunting - I feel training is best

March 2022

Screaming Frog is the best SEO gap-filling tool

When I first used Screaming Frog, I thought it was dumb - why doesn't it do everything for me? But then I did some research, got my head around it - and now it makes perfect sense. I can get it to tell me anything. I don't use it for everything (I still have other SEO tools), but when I want to have an understanding of something, I rely on Screaming Frog more than anything else.

Pros

Being able to crawl my (and everyone else's) website at a seconds notice is such a powerful feeling. I can find anything - from broken links, to speed performance, to my search console results - in seconds. It's unbelievable.

Cons

It's a powerful spreadsheet, so you can't just press a button that says 'do this thing'. But once you get used to it, there's nothing you can't do.

Kevin

Best Tool for Crawling; Tech SEO Must-Have

- works exactly as advertised - best crawl tool on the market; multiple crawl setting to test security and site structures - precise reporting and native download of data - Sitemap management tool works well; very useful for larger site management with over 5K pages/types

Pros

- easy to use and configure - reliable output of detailed lists of errors, issues, and optimization ideas - segmented reporting allows experienced users to zero in on specific issues - Sitemap.xml tool is top-notch and solves issues for large site implementations

Cons

- the interface looks dated; learning curve to know where to find different views and data - needs to up updated regularly (not really a con -- users need to adapt) - limited documentation in the tool (need to consult the website for Knowledgebase)

Reasons for choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

Better overall functionality (Paid version) and data (reporting) access Regular updates mean the product is continually improved Non-SaaS means few issue with crawl settings

Junaid

Best Tool To Crawl Website In Quick Time

Pros

Screaming Frog is a wonderful tool, when it comes to crawl the website and need to find the internal broken links, and external URLs and checking errors with other elements. It provide lots of information of crawled URL that is directly helping to improve website on-page SEO

Cons

Team need to work on crawl customization and make it more user friendly

Anne Hélène

May 2022

Un outil indispensable pour le seo

Pros

Un.outil indispensable pour l'audit de site web

Cons

Un guide serait un plus très apprécié pour la prise en main

Vijeta