• Pros

• "You can use it for scraping, find hard to see technical issues, runs faster and can manage very efficiently resources in your machine when you are processing big websites (over a million urls)."

• "It can do just about anything you need from a crawler, and at a fraction of the cost of other top tools. Interface is straightforward and simple."

• "This is one of my favorite, go-to SEO tools. I like that I can crawl an entire website (either a customer or competitor) and get a complete picture of on-page SEO."

• Cons

• "The pricing makes it obvious that its not for everyone. Using screaming frog for the first time can be very challenging, its user interface is also complicated."

• "The only issue I have with Screaming Frog is that it can be a little difficult to set up and analyze your first time using it."

• "Data exports can be a bit clunky, and Screaming Frog tends to choke on hugely massive crawls, compared to some of the competition."

Browse Screaming Frog SEO Spider Reviews

Kevin from ExpertFile

Best Tool for Crawling; Tech SEO Must-Have

- works exactly as advertised - best crawl tool on the market; multiple crawl setting to test security and site structures - precise reporting and native download of data - Sitemap management tool works well; very useful for larger site management with over 5K pages/types

Pros

- easy to use and configure - reliable output of detailed lists of errors, issues, and optimization ideas - segmented reporting allows experienced users to zero in on specific issues - Sitemap.xml tool is top-notch and solves issues for large site implementations

Cons

- the interface looks dated; learning curve to know where to find different views and data - needs to up updated regularly (not really a con -- users need to adapt) - limited documentation in the tool (need to consult the website for Knowledgebase)

Reasons for Choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

Better overall functionality (Paid version) and data (reporting) access Regular updates mean the product is continually improved Non-SaaS means few issue with crawl settings

Fabio from Los Creativos

A crawling tool that every SEO should use

Pros

Screaming Frog is the tool that allows you to evaluate your website as if you were the Google spider, that is, it is a crawler that allows you to evaluate each and every technical component at the SEO level.

Cons

The tool at a general level is incredible, it is important to configure correctly according to the specific need you have, two winners of all the options you have: Connections to Google Analytics apis, Google Search Console and Ahrefs. Information architecture viewer.

Reasons for Choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

At the beginning price, with the time I have been trying the above mentioned and although I use them, I don't do it with the same frequency as with the frog

James from RTA

Best tool for crawling every page of your site for SEO work!

Positive overall - it's always one of the first tools I download when I start a new marketing role just to get a baseline for where things are at and what needs to be optimized.

Pros

I love how quickly it gets me what I need - complete meta data crawls for every page of my site. It spits out a nicely formatted spreadsheet that I use to drive all of my optimization across our entire site.

Cons

I can't stand how it only allows the first 500 pages on the free tier. Not a problem for smaller sites, but if you have a ton of pages and sub-pages, it'll be really frustrating to not be able to crawl them all.

Reasons for Choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

Didn't consider any alternatives. Google Analytics is probably the closest thing to it, but it doesn't give you the meta data you need to see in order to optimize your site.

It works, mostly

Needed to identify thousands of pages linked across 13 websites. I thought it did that, but later found a lot missed. Not sure if that is the software or my use of it.

Pros

On the surface it seems easy. Point at a domain and you get a list back. So easy to use and get what you need. I think. But see cons...

Cons

I didn't always feel like this was crawling every page. Maybe it is a config issue, because the interface can be confusing. Yearly license fees make it not attractive.

Scott from Yamaha Music

Hands down best crawler for small to moderate SEO checks

Screaming Frog SEO Spider has helped me quickly find all kinds of SEO issues on websites and when checking sitemaps. I also use it to crawl lists of backlink targets and other URL lists for various reasons. It is an indispensable SEO tool.

Pros

This tool has defined the SEO crawler space for me and many SEOs that I have worked with. Even so-called enterprise crawlers have a lot to learn from the number of and quality of reports. Whenever I look at other crawlers that can handle huge websites, I compare their reporting to Screaming Frog SEO spider.

Cons

What I like least is that it does use my local computer's resources and slows my other work. I am willing to deal with this on smaller and moderate projects that can be crawled in a day.

Reasons for Choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

The reporting from other products does not compare except in the case of DeepCrawl, which is quite costly.

Tanya from Captivating the Web

Great Value in this Tool for My SEO Process

I have found the tools inside of Screaming Frog to be extremely powerful and easy to use in order to gain an understanding of my clients' websites. The crawls allow me to gain insight rather quickly to find weaknesses in a website so that I can address the problems and ultimately help my clients to improve their technical and on-site SEO issues.

Pros

I like how easy it is to get the comprehensive reporting done very quickly with clear action items to improve my website.

Cons

I would like more functionality and formal reporting that I can show to my client instead of having to create the reports myself from the crawls.

Reasons for Choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

I had heard great reviews about Screaming Frog and decided to make a change because of better pricing and ease of use.

Andrew from Central Restaurant Products

Industry: Wholesale

Cost-effective solution with no sacrifices

Couldn’t be happier. With a little time invested in learning, we have a highly productive tool set at a steal of a price.

Pros

Cons

There’s a lot in the tool, so finding each part and learning it takes time. CSV exports for large sites are huge - an excel or other compressed version would be ideal.

Reasons for Choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

Cost. We didn’t need a managed solution, and it had deep features.

Ian from Dragon360

The Best SEO Tool

I'm really happy with Screaming Frog and will continue to renew my license.

Pros

This is one of my favorite, go-to SEO tools. I like that I can crawl an entire website (either a customer or competitor) and get a complete picture of on-page SEO. I can find the title tags, meta descriptions, header tags, on-page copy, canonicals, and so much more. With this information I can figure out how well the site is doing with their technical SEO. With many of the new features they've rolled out (duplicate pages, grammar checks, and more) the tool continues to get more and more valuable.

Cons

It would be nice if there were a couple options to graphically represent the data in a CSV, but that's more of a "nice to have".

'Maggie' Jane from Weply

Greatest tool out there for auditing

I've been using Screaming Frog SEO Spider for years now, even before my current position. It has usually been my first step in any SEO audit, because it provides me with a full overview of what's going on.

Pros

Speed. Screaming frog has always been very fast at crawling, and the general oversight it gives me is just what I need. When I say general, this doesn't mean that the data isn't in-depth! Large availability even from the free version. I have very rarely felt limited.

Cons

The UI is dated, but this is not an issue since the functionality is on-point. I also wish that I didn't have to crawl the entire site each time.

Reyad from SEO Pro Bangladesh

Best SEO Spider For Your Website

But If you can use its data properly, your website will get a huge boost in Google's rankings.

Pros

Need to find broken link, Site Visualisations, Review Meta Robots any many more? you need to screamingfrog. this is the best seo spider for your money making website. i love to audit my website with screamingfrog. Because it's show enough data of my website that's i need to improve my website.

Cons

I think the newcomers may be a little embarrassed to use it, which happened to me in the first time use.

Zhivko from Freelance

The only onsite SEO tool you will ever need

If you do SEO, Screaming Frog is an absolutely mandatory tool. It saves you huge amount of time and gives you a deep understanding of the website you're working on. It is super useful for the initial audit, when you want to check if the site has any major flaws. With SF you can see in a glance if there are any issues with the titles and descriptions, URL structure, internal links, meta robot tags like canonicals and noindex, if robots.txt blocks access to valuable pages, and so on. You get to see H1 and H2 headings, number of words on every page, page loading speed. You see broken links and redirects. You see images without alt tags, You can sort and filter properties, find duplicates... the list goes on. It is a perfect tool and I highly recommend it.

Pros

No bugs, very easy to use, very easy to learn, very light software (no high hardware requirements), very fast, very useful, very cheap, regular updates with new features, you buy it and you have it on your pc, not web-based.

Cons

there really isn't anything that I don't like about it.

The Standard in Web Crawling Software and MUST have for SEO

I've used it for personal use (free version) and for work (paid version) as both a content manager and general marketer. Primary use was technical seo checks on live and staging sites as well as occasional competitor research.

Pros

In short, it can do nearly anything! And best of all, the only real limit is your creativity. For example, while launching a series of localized websites in other versions of English (UK, AU, NZ) I used it's regex function to crawl our staging sites for common American spellings that had been missed (e.g. color/colour) There's TONS of support online and neat ideas for using it. Plus the latest version can run headless (i.e. via command line) so you can install it on a cloud server to do huge crawls without hogging your own internet connection or RAM. It's a must have for doing technical seo checks of your website.

Cons

-Tons of options so not everything is super easy to find, but it's an advanced tool so that's to be expected. -Paid version is a bit expensive for ireggular users -Yearly license model is very annoying. Would prefer a 1 time purchase and then yearly IF you want updates like other software or plugins

The best crawling tool

It helps us a lot in SEO. Helping us to identify broken links, canonicals, meta descriptions and so on. A perfect tool with a simple job.

Pros

I think Screaming Frog is a most when it comes to SEO tools. I like that is easy to use, and you can crawl all the URLs of your website and the competition. Its free version works perfectly. Also, the customer support center is awesome

Cons

Maybe doesn't have the greatest design. And if you dont know SEO well maybe it can be confusing. It will help if they have tutorials or an expert helping out

Reasons for Choosing Screaming Frog SEO Spider

We end up buying both tools

Ramazan from Clixous

The perfect solution at an affordable price

With Screaming Frog SEO Spider, you can scan your site in depth and easily examine the errors and warnings on your site. With this tool, you can see the SEO optimizations such as title, description, h1, canonical, site speed, images alt tag on your website in detail.

Pros

Website browsing is one of my favorite features. Scanning modes and optimizations that you will make collective reports help you a lot. It is very fast and very easy to use. People who do not know can easily learn everything about this tool.

Cons

The vehicle does not have any features that I did not like. I am really the biggest assistant in SEO optimizations.

Rodion from Cetera

Must-have tool for SEO and website owners

I can't imagine my work without this tool. It worth every dollar. Hope these guys will continue to do their work the same way.

Pros

The vast number of detailed reports I can get with this software. I can check almost anything into my websites. An export tool is used by me often. It really helps to mix Screaming Frogs reports with reports from other tools. Api usage is simple, you can start using it literally in two clicks.

Cons

Haven't met any disadvantages. Do they exist?

Leonard from TBBA

King of Crawls

Our go to tool for any SEO / Website project from start to finish to follow up.

Pros

the usability and depth of the information provided are excellent and are easily distributable to tasks.

Cons

Visualization of sitemap/architecture when a website is large is a bit dated in functionality

Specialist crawl functionalities

Essential piece of the SEO Toolkit

It's an essential tool for any SEO or web development project administrator.

Pros

Fantastic crawling tool, with excellent API access to some of the most frequently used tools for any SEO. Advanced search and extraction features make it all all the more useful for site scraping.

izak from kidumi

Industry: Computer Networking

best site crawler and audit

it is great software with many many features -very useful

Pros

screaming from is a tool that every site optimizer should work with , its provide the fastest crawling audit to every site in order to check all of the seo elements to get a full picture of sites seo problems and score

Cons

the latest version might be heavy and some feature have lost - site blocks might create error while checking some site

Brooks from Engenius

A powerful crawler (and free for smaller sites)

I use Screaming Frog to crawl larger sites in order to retrieve internal link data, on-page data (like title tags, descriptions, H1's, word count, etc... It crawls sites really quickly and being able to export the data makes it easy to put together audits and client reports.

Pros

My favorite thing about Screaming Frog is that it's free up to a certain number of pages. Working with non-enterprise level sites myself, I get an incredible crawler for free. The thing I like most are probably Screaming Frog's internal linking and site crawl visualizations. So refreshing after living in spreadsheets for most of the day.

Cons

I think the design and UI could probably be better and more intuitive. It's not terrible, but there's definitely room for improvement. I'd also love to be able to connect it to some other softwares and reports (I'm sure there's a way to make it happen, but nothing out-of-the-box that I'm aware of).

Dee from Wagada

My favourite SEO tool!

Would 100% recommend for digitial marketing agencies.

Pros

Range of features - everything from canonicals to href lang. Relatively easy to use - the knowledge base online is great too! Ability to crawl development sites in the run up to a new website launch.

Cons

The tool looks a bit scary when you open it (not the most aesthetically pleasing) - but it's not an issue.

Amrita from Freelancer

Industry: Writing and Editing

SEO audit tool

I loved the free version of the tool I used and believe it has helped me figure out some of the missing pieces of the SEO puzzle. I would recommend not using the tool blindly like I did and read up on how to optimize your crawl (filter links using regex, etc.) before using it so that you have only the information you need.

Pros

The volume of information this software provides is immense. It is very easy to figure out where your website's SEO is lacking and how to fix it. It shows you pages with missing, too short, or too long metadescriptions, page titles, headings (H1 and H2), alt texts, etc. You can also see the status codes for each crawled page, the total number of incoming and outgoing links, response time, and word count. If you export the data in Excel, you can easily filter out the information you need.

Cons

The sheer volume of information this tool provides was a little overwhelming at the beginning, but there are a lot of ways to optimize the crawl and filter the results so that you get only the information you need. I was not aware of it when I first used the tool.

Omar from Globant

The most powerful SEO tool for technical optimization

Couldn't do properly my SEO job without it. For a serious SEO, it is a must-have tool.

Pros

Lots of features, always updated with changes in SEO landscape. You can use it for scraping, find hard to see technical issues, runs faster and can manage very efficiently resources in your machine when you are processing big websites (over a million urls).

Cons

Some help on the software itself could be useful (actually all support and tutorials are on its website), and some visualizations options can take too much time to load.

Heiko from datapine

Must-have Software for serious SEO

Pros

That you can crawl pretty fast your own but also competitor websites and get all the relevant on-site insights you need with just a few clicks. A short while ago they also added nice visualization features.

Cons

I really cannot say here anything negative, even if you reach out to them when you have a question they are super helpful. Maybe that it will take some time if you are new to the tool, to explore all the features they offer.

Heath from Search Ins

Quick and easy tool for Web Devs and SEOs

Use it a couple of times a month when i need to audit and site and look for any issues from an SEO perspective.

Pros

Basically it pulls apart entired websites and give you everything from the language construction ratios (HTML, JS etc), status codes, metadata and indexability. I use this tool often to discover any pages that are low value that need to be added to the robots.txt file to improve crawl budget. Also useful for identifying 404 errors and perm or temp redirects that exist.

Cons

No dislikes at all. It's free, easy to use and scans whole websites extremely quickly.

Aditya from Ace Cloud Hosting

Easy to use crawling software

10/10 for screaming frog because of it's price and other features.

Pros

One of the best easy to use and fast crawler in the market along with site map creation, deep analysis and more.

Cons

There is only drawback with screaming frog is poor interface it can be tough for beginners to understand the interface.

Vladimir from Xivic, Inc.

Classic SEO tool (and FREE for websites under 500 pages)

Weekly use for all clients. Mostly for checking if any 404 pages/canonicals/meta tags.

Pros

Free for use for websites under 500 pages. This software has a lot of features that's every SEO guru need to use.

Cons

I wish they had easier guides on how to filter pages and how this tool can help SEO (Case Studies). Can't complain about other options.

Chad from eREACH

Incredible Results to Make You Scream

Working in SEO, being able to crawl a client's site at a moment's notice and get results back FAST is always incredibly valuable. Screaming Frog does that - and more! Getting information about broken links, duplicate content, missing title tags, missing or excessive H1 tags, etc. is critical to my position and Screaming Frog does that with aplomb. I love using Screaming Frog and will continue to use it in the future.

Pros

I like the ability to customize your crawl depending on your clients' specific needs. For small sites, nothing beats the speed and depth that Screaming Frog website crawls provide. Also, the image and video crawling abilities are unparalleled

Cons

The only issue I have with Screaming Frog is that it can be a little difficult to set up and analyze your first time using it. There's probably a beginner's guide or instruction but I neglected to look for it.

Very powerful at a very low price

Pros

I love that it's cut and dry - if you're experienced in SEO, you'll love it because it gives you more answers more quickly than anything else I've found.

Cons

It's less intuitive than some of the other Softwares out there - again, if you're experienced, you'll love it. If you're new to the world of SEO, you might get a bit confused. I do not have new members of my team use it until I think they're capable of understanding it.

Hailee from Havas Edge

Free and effective SEO audit

Pros

Screaming Frog is great for a quick rundown of SEO issues on a website. Due to the fact that it is a free plugin, it is always my first go to when checking SEO.

Cons

I do not have any dislikes about this software

Justin from Capacity

The Only Crawling Tool You'll Ever Need

It's great. You can do all sorts of interesting scraping with it.

Pros

I love that it isn't a cloud based app and is instead a desktop app. It includes every feature you could ever want.

Cons

I wish it was a one time purchase instead of a subscription.

Awesome tool in order to crawl website

I use this software as I'm a web integrator. When I deliver a new website, I use this software for URL rewrite. For SEO, it's very important to have a good structure. When I deliver a new website, I'll often change the URL structures. With this tool, I can easily crawl the website and don't forget any URL in order to redirect them !

Pros

The software is quite hard to crawl a website and will get you every informations you need ! Very useful of you need to setup redirections on a website !

Cons

There is many informations when you crawl a website. Maybe it's not so easy, but if you spend some time on the software, you'll understand quite easily

Hitesh from WillShall

Helps in audit of website

My overall experience with Screaming Frog is very good.

Pros

There are many things I like about screaming from. First of all it crawl the 500 pages of website. Then shows us all the details of every pages from heading tags, meta's, alt tags, website page errors and many more. With the help of screaming frog we can easily find the website issues & make our website complete SEO friendly.

Cons

There is no disadvantage of this software, whenever I am working on any website I always prefer screaming frog.

Jordan from busybusy

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

SEO Tool For All

Used this tool for site audits for various sites and industries. Using every tab that screaming frog spits out, going through it, and implementing any changes you need on your site is super helpful for SEO.

Pros

Any SEO worth their salt should use this tool. It is the best tool for site audits. It will help you uncover any and all issues with your site. I love this tool for SEO. One of my favorites.

Cons

Crawling large sites can take a while. Not really a fault of the product though, just a reality of the situation. Sharing licenses can be a hassle for agencies.

Excellent tool for technical SEO audits

Great and affordable website crawler that will allow to identify many opportunities for improvement.

Pros

The tool is invaluable when doing technical SEO audits and allows to quickly get an overview of the website structure, internal links, redirects, title tags, h1 tags, meta descriptions. It makes it easy to see all the pages that link to a certain pages, identify broken links and redirects.

Cons

No major dislikes or flaws. It may take a while to understand the full functionality of the software so perhaps it could be easier to use.

Rolly from Globant

The best tool for Crawl a Website

Pros

This is fast and has a lot of functionalities for crawling a website like metatags, HTML tags and others.

Cons

Could have better reports in PDF and others.

What i think of Screaming Frog SEO Spider

My experience with Screaming frog has been a very fantastic one. Just enter your url and watch this tool perform its magic.

Pros

Screaming frog is very very powerful. I love the fact that it can crawl javascript. Screaming frog will get an experienced Seo very excited.

Cons

Screaming frog is quite expensive. The pricing makes it obvious that its not for everyone. Using screaming frog for the first time can be very challenging, its user interface is also complicated.

Raluca from 5 Fold

A solid website crawler

Pros

A complete site crawler that allows you to run deep technical audits for a website. You can easily see which pages are missing any meta tags along with image alt tags. It provides everything you need to know about your current site pages and discover any issues with the onsite SEO elements.

Cons

Tends to be super technical and may not be the easiest tool to use for a beginner. The tool also tends to become slow when crawling massive websites.

Nathan from VapingCheap.com

Industry: Publishing

Useful Technical SEO Tool

Pros

This software helps webmasters resolve mini technical SEO issues and provide other valuable information about your website. Even the free version of the software offers enough features to make it a valuable resource in your toolbox.

Cons

The only purchase option is to pay for a full year of software updates which makes it a bit expensive for anyone who is only going to need it a few times a month.

Yoshiko from Fuji Electric Corp. of America

Technical Missing Contents on Your Website

Pros

I was introduced this software by our website enhancement agency which identified me many technical deficiencies in our website, such as too many keywords, missing H1, H2 and page titles. I realized that our website did not have key technical items and I am happy that now that our website has basic elements of the technical items.

Cons

Maybe because of our website size, it takes a bit of time to load.

Amazing tool for on-site analysis

SF is the main tool we use for site auditing. It's especially powerful for analyzing pages, checking which are indexed, which are completely SEO-friendly, checking hreflangs and internal linking.

Pros

When we're doing on-site SEO, ScreamingFrog is our main tool. It's especially powerful for checking if all the pages have the correct titles, meta descriptions, h1 tags, etc - everything free of use. Premium version is very powerful for internal linking analysis, especialy when you have a site with lots of pages.

Cons

There's a learning curve using this tool as you need technical and on-site SEO knowledge. On the other hand, when using a free version of the tool, there is a 500 URL-crawling limit, which is okay for small websites.

Igor from Internet

Industry: Computer Networking

Useful crawler for small sites

Pros

Useful crawler for small sites. Helper for technical SEO

Cons

desktop solution (overload you PC); you can't crawl big (more than 10K pages) sites

A must-have tool for SEO

Pros

Helps me crawl websites and find problems

Cons

The software is outdated, maybe worth innovating, It is also very often slow and takes a lot of time to scan

Brant from Outback Spirit Tours

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Fantastic to get an overview of a site

Has helped on many sites to see where we need to improve and what is missing on the site such as H!, alt tags etc

Pros

It has so many features packed into it, all for free. It is easy to use and is very in-depth spidering software

Cons

It is limited to crawl 500 pages (I think) which may be limiting for larger sites. Still gives a good idea about a site though

Corey from Surefire Local

Screaming Frog SEO tool Review

The tool does its job which is all that I ask for.

Pros

Has many functions that can help me evaluate a website and an effective tool to help me complete my job.

Cons

Not the easiest to use. It's user interface also looks pretty outdated. It could use an upgrade to the UI experience.

Mubin from Whirlwind

Easily have a Technical SEO audit of your website with Screaming Frog SEO Spider

One of the best tool for Technical analysis of your website.

Pros

The tool is easy to use and download. Simply add the URL of website and you will get all the data regarding technical SEO perspective.

Cons

The software is application based and gets many updates, it would have been great if the software was web based

Alina from ClickBrainiacs

Great tool for discovering SEO improvements

Screaming Frog has been a great addition to the SEO toolkit. I use it in conjunction with Google Analytics.

Pros

I use it to extra meta titles, meta descriptions and headings so I can optimize the SEO. Also to find broken links and errors, which helps to improve a lot the user experience. It works pretty fast (although there is no cloud version that can speed up the process).

Cons

The free version is great for services based website where the number of URLs are under 500. There is only a yearly plan beside the free plan, which is inconvenient in case of a single use.

Sazedur from SR-IT

The best SEO tool I've ever seen

My overall experience is good. It's user-friendly as an expert. If you use the tool it will save you time because it is very easy to use as an expert and it's a very informative tools.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the visibility of all problems on a website like H tag(h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6), meta description, title tags, images with altering the text. and many more.

Cons

Its functionality is very hard for a beginner. But It's easy to work here as an expert.

Sunaina from TANZ eCampus

A multipurpose crawler with a bit dated UI

That said, ScreamingFrog is hands down my crawler of choice. From new site launches to SEO health-checks, I rely on ScreamingFrog to get the job done. If you know what you are looking for and keep digging chances are, you will find it within this crawler. Hot Tip - many sites have images lazy loaded. Use Javascript config crawl for them else you will not find your images! Hope this helps someoine out there!

Pros

The host of features it has. Whatever you need in a crawler is probably somewhere built into Screaming Frog but that is both a pro and a con as I will explain below.

Cons

The UI and the menu-structure is a bit clunky and dated. As an example, if you are crawling a staging site, it can take you hours to get the configuration right so that you are able to crawl. The support documentation is there but it is somewhat hard to get to the right bit of information.

Alma from gShift

A really great way to crawl a site for technical SEO

It works!!

Pros

The price, crawl bots and amount of data it spits out all for free is amazing.

Cons

I unfortunately used this software when only a desktop app was available. Always wished for a cloud version of it.

Lets you get in the weeds

Pros

This SEO tool is about as all-encompassing as you will find. You can really dig in and find pretty much any info you'd want here. And there's great product support for all your questions... which you'll probably have for such an advanced tool.

Cons

This isn't for the weekend warrior SEO. It's an advanced SEO tool, so there's a definite learning curve.