• Pros

• "I like the large range of features that they offer. It is very well structured and it is easy to find what you need at any moment. It is unbelievably user-friendly given how complex the tool is."

• "It's very easy to navigate and doesn't take long to learn how to use. It's pretty straight forward for both me and my clients to understand."

• "It's everything I need and more. They continually release new features and update their database with current information. I LOVE it!"

• Cons

• "I have no major complaints about this tool, perhaps it can be a bit overwhelming when it starts to be used, especially if someone is not very experienced in the SEO world."

• "It can be difficult to navigate at times. It just takes some time to get accustomed to the setup. However, that is to be expected with any software. Once you get comfortable, it is incredibly useful."

• "At times its messy with so many features. But if you stick to researching keywords and domains, you'll find it's pretty straightforward. "

Browse SEMrush Reviews

Brooks from Engenius

Truly an all-in-one digital marketing platform

We use SEMRush to for SEO research, competitive analysis, content marketing, and some for PPC as well. The insights are incredible, and it has changed the game for our own marketing as well as our clients'. It's all-around a great tool.

Pros

A ton, but my favorite is probably the content marketing toolset. SEMRush provides topic research, keyword research, a writing assistant, and much more. The suite of SEO tools is incredible as well: site audits, keyword research, gap analyses, backlink analytics, and keyword tracking. You are able to set up projects, receive notifications, report to clients, and more. I love SEMRush.

Cons

The only thing I don't love about SEMRush are their traffic predictions. As a smaller business, I find they're often very misleading and inaccurate. I imagine they're more accurate for larger sites. You also don't get API Access on the Guru plan – only business. I understand why, but I'd love to have access to API credits regardless my plan.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

Again, for the entire suite of tools. I believe since out purchase, Ahrefs has added to their toolset as well.

Chad from eREACH

My Go To Analytics Tool

SEMrush is one of my essential tools needed to perform my job. Without it's vital data and information, I wouldn't be able to provide the excellent service my clients expect and would not be able to improve their website.

Pros

I enjoy a variety of features that SEMrush provides me. Domain analytics reports are incredibly useful to me in my role as an SEO link builder so that I know the sites I'm gaining backlinks from are trafficked. Keyword Analytics help me determine how well my clients are doing for their Keywords while also providing ideas for new content to capture new Keywords. Lastly, the projects section offers tons of technical SEO information on my clients' individual sites so that I can ensure their continued health.

Cons

The only thing about SEMrush that I don't like is that it's honestly TOO MUCH information. I really need to enroll in their academy so that I can learn more about all the tools at my disposal

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi Chad, thank you for this great feedback and for this amazing review of our tool.

Jonny from Key Retirement

An okay tool for quick SEO insights and report generation

Ability to keep a close eye on our SEO performance by tracking large numbers of keywords on a daily basis. The ability to create custom and data-filled PDF reports were also highly useful for internal meetings. SEO auditing for quick glances at potential new issues and alerts of competitor changes.

Pros

SEMRush has now grown so that it has a feature for pretty much any aspect of digital marketing, whether that's SEO, social and PPC. The keyword tracking is one of the best elements. Daily position check on a good quota of keywords across your projects is great for quick references/health checks. The reporting element is by far SEMRush's best feature, especially if you're an agency or company that needs to produce branded reports. The reports are fully customisable and use a simple builder tool to quickly make professional and data-rich reports in minutes. The SEO audit tool doesn't feel like it's been expanded and improved much in recent years, but it's still one of the best features of the product. It's a pretty comprehensive and descriptive audit that is great for those with no to moderate SEO experience in improving SEO performance.

Cons

I feel they have become to bloated and lost their focus with the product features. They are trying too hard to be able to everything to some degree, rather than just focus on doing the SEO auditing and reporting as best as they can. Originally SEMRush was loved by professionals because it was the go-to SEO audit tool, however I feel this is no longer the case. As they have tried too hard to add social, PPC and link metric tools into their product they have been left behind by competitors who can now provide more in-depth onsite audits. Their position tracking is still as good as can be, although it would be good if they could track other search engines such as Bing.

Steve from Storm Wolf Design

All Your SEO Base Are Belong To Us!

Overall SEMRush is a super useful SEO toolkit worth every bit of praise it has received, including from the likes of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] fame. My primary client switched from AHrefs at my request back to SEMRush.

Pros

SEMRush is a great hub for virtually every facet of SEO you can imagine - integrations for social media, analytics, search console, competitor research, the whole nine yards - that doesn't have too terribly steep of a learning curve.

Cons

SEMRush is prone to highlighting the "worst" part of a site on any given auto-generated email or scan based on the metrics its own scans find, and a lot of them are unnecessary scare-mongering. For example, it's normal to have redirects on a well developed site, but this will come through as "9% of your site's pages have redirects!" It can spook a client who doesn't know any better.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

Ease of use, new feature set, added integrations, fewer restrictions, and overall better user experience for both myself and my client.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for your great feedback, Steve! We really appreciate it. As for the Site Audit tool warnings, you can hide the checks that you think are irrelevant to your website using the eye button.

shirley from mad4digital Ltd

Best SEO Marketing Tool

I have been using SEMRush for a number of years now, and with so much else going on it provides a lot of features, news, and training that helps to make my life a lot easier - I wish I had more time to get fully immersed in the tool.

Pros

The software offers a great mix of data that I can use immediately to understand how my client's business is performing. The mix of tools available is fantastic, I can immediately check ranking performance, schedule social posts and I love the writing assist tool the tips and metrics really help refine our content to give it the best chance of ranking. The customer support is the best I have experienced from any tool, the response is lightning fast and they are great at finding the solution to the problem 5 stars for customer service!

Cons

Posting to Instagram would be great, but the notification feature in the meantime is helpful. The competitor features do not appear to be hugely accurate as my data doesn't always match either which makes me feel that my competitor's data are equally out. Perhaps a few tips on how we can compensate for this would help as we all understand the competitor data cannot be fully accurate as you don't have direct access to it.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi Shriley! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of SEMrush, we really appreciate it. We're also glad to hear that you've been using SEMrush for so long, it's great customers like you that keep us going!

Ariel from ariel-lim.com

Excellent Marketing Software—Has Everything You Need

My overall experience with SEMRush is excellent. THere's a slight learning curve, as with most tools. But you get more value for your money. When you subscribe, you don't just have an SEO software; rather, you have access to the ultimate marketing toolkit.

Pros

What I liked most about SEMRush is its comprehensiveness as a marketing tool. Most people compare SEMRush as an SEO tool (for keyword research and backlinks). But it goes beyond that. My favorite is the content marketing toolkit which is a suite of tools to help me beat the competition. It has all the tools you need to plan, research, execute and audit your content. Once you have your awesome content, the next step is to distribute them. That's where its social media toolkit comes in. You can post, curate, and frequently publish (re-use) social media posts. Yes, that's right. No need for a separate social media scheduler. Do you do link building? SEMRush also has its own link building tool built-in. You can perform all the "search operations" right within, which then plugs into a workflow where you can send out emails (from templates). It allows you to monitor everything inside one place. Pretty neat!

Cons

The one thing I didn't like is the setup process. I can't remember having some sort of onboarding experience (or maybe i just skipped it). I had to learn by going through other tutorials and help docs. Another thing i didn't like was integrating with Google Analytics/Search Console. My experience is that i have to connect it once per tool. Instead of only doing it once, every tool has to be setup like this. That said, it's still totally worth learning as it has pretty much everything you need.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

I chose SEMRush primarily because of the content marketing toolkit. I write content on my own site plus for my clients. The tools help me speed up the research process while maintaining a relatively high quality.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi Ariel! Thanks for giving us such an awesome review! As for the setup process, you can request a free online demo and one of our representatives will conduct a walkthrough about all tools we have. We appreciate you enjoy using the tool, and will keep working on improvements!

Stuart from Principal Consulting, LLC

A Comprehensive SEO Solution

My clients expect me to sustain and / or improve their ranking in organic search. With SEMrush, I am able to see what's working and what's not, and make appropriate adaptations to strategy and tactics.

Pros

I use back link gap and keyword gap analyses regularly as I optimize client content and link profiles. The content writing tool suite is also excellent. This capability goes well beyond simple suggestions of content length, keyword density, and readability. Instead, offers insights from the best ranking content with which you will be competing. I was able to eliminate a subscription to a point solution that offered similar insights.

Cons

SEMrush evolves rapidly, so expect to travel a learning curve regularly, as features mature and integrations become more comprehensive. That said, the customer service team is easily accessed and will work with you to explain the sometimes surprising nuances or curious behaviors of some of the tools.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

At the time I selected SEMrush, I liked the pricing and interface better than Moz and Ahrefs. SpyFu was not sufficiently developed, but has matured nicely. At this point, given my familiarity with SEMrush and how they do things, I would be unlikely to switch.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi, Stuart! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are really happy to know that you had such a great experience with our team and tool!

Hali from STR

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Perfect for global SEO research and analysis

I have been able to prove how our content refresh and new blog content has boosted our visibility prior to our new website launch that included a content overhaul. I've shown the correlation between our position and visibility to our increase in search traffic and search purchases. I never would have been able to justify our efforts or my role without the help of SEMrush.

Pros

I love being able to build out dashboards for our keyword categories. It helps me see which product groups are performing well vs. which ones we need to focus on. We are a global company so being able to have keywords in different languages was one of the main selling points for me. It's been fantastic!

Cons

Since we are global, it would be nice if we didn't have to choose just one country for each dashboard. I really need to see performance on a global scale.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

The ease of use, dashboards, and keywords in languages other than English - including Chinese and Japanese.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi Hali! Thanks a lot for giving us this review, we appreciate it!

Frederico from JB Global

The best bang for your buck

SEMrush is the definitive answer for most SEO questions. Once you have it fully set up it will tell you everything you need to know to ensure your site is healthy and your visibility maximised.

Pros

How complete it is: if you can only have one tool to cover your SEO, content and digital marketing efforts, SEM Rush is it.

Cons

Some of the information is sometimes a bit hard to parse for someone inexperienced to the platform. It could definitely be a bit more user friendly in that regard.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

SEMrush is priced much more affordably whilst being arguably even better.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi Frederico, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It's great to hear how much you enjoy our tool.

Martin from deep trekker

Semrush functionalities

I use SEMRUSH as the go tool for analysis and seo performance. Site health and keyword research amon other activities. So far the tool it has proved its worth look forward to see upcoming advancements

Pros

up-to-date tools and analysis, nice user interface and good power tools. Easy to use and extent knowledge base with academy. Varied type of analysis for a SEO analyst and easy integrations with essential tools

Cons

To have access to things like the API or new tools like the canibalization report you need to pay for the next tier subscription. For many companies or SEOs this may be beyond budget. I tried to reach customer service very difficult to have a response not so good on that front

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

it seems a more rounded tool but need to admit that I see the value of having 2 tools for example SEMRUSH and ahrefs

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi Martin! Thanks a lot for leaving us this review, we are glad you like using the tool! You can easily start an online chat with one of our representatives on the website, we will be happy to help with any question you may have regarding our tools!

Marlyn from FTI Consulting

An excellent tool for SEO and online metrics

Semrush is a platform that has helped us analyze where we are compared to the competition, the metrics and data it provides are useful to know how it can be improved to have greater visibility of the web, another function that handles very well Semrush is the keyword group, this makes our work easier. Semrush is always in constant training; they offer webinars that help us have a better idea of how to use Semrush tools in a better way, there is a whole group of experts behind this platform that help to improve the experience in the matter of SEO.

Pros

Semrush is an excellent marketing tool to measure data and make decisions based on it, something that I consider positive is its price, compared to the competition it is cheap considering all the tools it has. Semrush is an excellent tool to analyze technical issues with a website and see if SEO is working correctly, and in this way determine our priorities. Something I like about Semrush is that it helps me to identify which backlinks we have and Identify which are the best sources of traffic and which ones we want on our website. I consider Semrush to be an excellent tool to track online visibility and, in this way we measure our online positioning compared to the competition.

Cons

Although it is an excellent platform with multiple functions, it takes time to adapt since its interface is not very intuitive to say. Some features are difficult to find, and that takes time to know where they are; this is time-consuming since you have to search and Learn where they are. For someone who is using it for the first time is a bit difficult since it has to adapt to the platform. In conclusion, the user experience is complex for someone who uses it for the first time.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much Marlyn for writing this great review. We really appreciate your feedback about our tool.

Daniel from Avidly

All in one search engine marketing suite

With such a wide array of tools and opportunities you'd think it would make approaching their tools a little confusing or overwhelming, but SEMrush provides both written and video explanation to how and when to use their tools. And not only that, they are extremely good at listening to customer feedback, if you have suggestions to new features or questions about their current ones.

Pros

With a wide array of tools, SEMrush are able to help you with any aspect of your search engine marketing. We use it for both organic and paid advertising research and it plays a crucial role in every project. The single best thing at the moment, is the recent addition of the bulk keyword research tool.

Cons

The keyword research "magic tool" is awesome, but difficult to use when your account has multiple users doing research for multiple clients at once. We have experienced that if you aren't aware, you can accidentally add keywords to the wrong profile/client. This can be avoided by not using the "quick add" function but instead ticking off each keyword an then manually adding them to your desired list. Apart from this, we have never experienced any undesired behavior from any of their tools.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

None specific, but in general: we picked SEMrush due to their amount of tools available. We save money for not having subscriptions to multiple services (ie paid and organic research)

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi Daniel! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of SEMrush, we really appreciate it. We understand that our tools can have a bit of a learning curve, we're happy that you've found our blogs and videos useful and that our CS team was attentive to your needs.

Alex from Tiger Marketing

Invaluable marketing data all bundled into one uber-powerful tool

We can manage all of our clients from a central dashboard, receive reports when we want them and rarely ever need to step outside SEMrush to get actionable insights on SEO. Though you could argue one shouldn't put all the eggs in one basket with an SEO tool (and in certain cases you really can't), the alternative is to invest in other tools too, which begins to get ridiculously expensive and wasteful. However, a decent SEO expert will know where to go to provide a broader scope of analysis, and this CAN be achieved for free in many cases. Ultimately, SEMrush is the Swiss Army Knife of SEO tools; it does almost everything you could need, and they provide plenty of training through their Academy to get you used to it all. Time and patience with SEMrush now will save far more time in the future, and the subscription will certainly pay for itself many times over. In fact, insights and actions we've been able to take using the data on SEMrush has led to us gaining more clients over the years, simply because an exisiting client has referred us on based on out success with them. Learn the tools, and you won't be disappointed!

Pros

- The sheer amount of power at your fingertips - there are tools for every need, whether you're an SEO or a marketer - the level of data is incredible. - Their Keyword Magic Tool for finding related keywords has saved us countless hours of head-scratching. - Excellent citation management - honestly, being able to update SERPs on SEMrush, then have those changes syndicated to all the major listings online is a huge time and headache saver! It's extra per client, per month (only $20), but it's worth every penny - it costs the client more in our time to do it all manually! - Their auditing tools are second-to-none, whether it's backlinks, on-page SEO or tech SEO - their insights go deep and their suggestions on how to fix issues are extremely well explained - Competitor analytics go hand-in-hand with their backlink building tools, suggesting the best sites to obtain quality backlinks from based on what your competitors are getting - again, hours and hours saved!

Cons

Only a couple, considering everything it does, but being picky: - The price can mount up if you have a lot of clients and want to take advantage of all their tools (though the convenience should overcome most of this reservation) - It takes some time to get used to - there's SO much on offer, that it can be a little overwhelming at first. It's easy to use, though because it's so powerful, finding everything can be tricky with so much going on sometimes

Amanda from Marketing and Advertising

Worth the purchase!!

If you run multiple websites and multiple social pages- this is absolutely the tool you need to invest in. ROI is completely possible from this tool if you dedicate enough time/effort to using it to the fullest. The SEO tools alone have proven awesome for us and the social poster tool is just the most convenient time-saver.

Pros

I use SEMrush daily for SEO on many sites and for posting on many social pages from one place. All of the SEO (site audits, keyword analyses, DEEP COMPETITOR ANALYSES) and social tools don't just make my job easier- they make me better. I get insights from SEMrush I wouldn't have otherwise had at my disposal. It is 100% possible to see ROI on this product.

Cons

I miss when it was free so many years ago, but C'est la Vie. Now that SEMrush is a paid platform, they also offer wayyyy more tools and they are constantly updating/adding features. They have a pretty responsive customer support, but I have had responses take 1-2 days to get back to me. However, I can't personally say that this response time has ever, in any way disrupted my flow of work and when I did have a more urgent issue they were great about helping me quickly.

Best comprehensive SEO tools for your digital marketing needs

We have learned a lot about our client's website traffic and how to better understand customer engagement using proper keywords to target for each respective industry. With the help of some of the SEMRush keyword tools, we were able to find and write about various related keywords to place within our client websites which in turn generated more traffic conversions. Google Ads analysis and keyword competition provides insight on how to create a niche for our clients. Not to mention, spying on competing businesses and their estimated Google Ad spend. We've managed to address ad optimization for stronger performance. SEMRush seems to be continuing to improve the product. For example, the On Page SEO Checker provides detailed analysis on additional keyword word usage and phrase usage to help improve pages. Although it is not perfect, it is definitely being improved and helps provide guidance.

Pros

- In depth backlink analysis reports and tracking on domains - Top notch keyword selection tools (keyword magic tool) for keyword analysis, volume and suggested or related words - Daily & weekly domain and search position monitoring - Provides enhanced traffic metrics which provides insight on spikes of traffic during specific timeframes

Cons

Starting off, the tools and analytics can be very cumbersome to understand. The tools take some getting used to and testing with to grasp a good understand of how to analyze website traffic, data and keywords.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

Our business was set out to find the best tools for our match our digital marketing service offerings. Through multiple trial periods across various softwares, we narrowed down to SEMRush providing the best tools for our services being offered. From website audits, keyword rank and tracking and SEO performance metrics we wanted to ensure we provide our clients with the best solutions to help with their business website needs.

Ankur from Webslaw

One of the Best On-site management Tool with amazing features

Overall this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful, I thank the team of SEMrush who are adding such feature, Most of the time I don't have to look for other tools when I want some research. they are covering most of the thing related to SEO.

Pros

There are plenty of pros of semrush, I found many while using more than 2 years. my favorite feature of this tool is an on-page review, Backlink Gap checker and competitor analysis is the best reason to buy this tool. It gives you a better idea on your backlink strategy (How can still more links from a competitor and how you can build a new one). One of his features name as Keyword Magic tool is great if you are new into the keyword research part, it allows you to go into the deep by local wise, LSI keywords, etc. Position tracking also a great feature by which you can track the performance of your keywords daily basis.

Cons

This is the vast exploration of any tool, many of features and reporting functionality you can't understand still if you are an SEO's. So I think this is not everyone cups of tea especially you are very new into the SEO world.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

Firstly I did a comparison of features providing by both the tool and me found SEMrush better than Ahrefs. Also, pricing of Ahrefs is higher than SEMrush.

Calin from SEO Werkz

I've used this in a few different positions working on a wide range of SEO campaigns.

It really is a great one-stop-shop for all your SEO and PPC tools which is fantastic. So if you're looking for an easy package to cover most all of your digital marketing needs then this is really about the best that you can do.

Pros

This is about the best all-around SEO software that you can find. It does a good job at about everything and doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. The competitive analysis is really the best reason to buy the software, it's comprehensive and gives you a good look at potential competitors. There are always new features being added and tested which is fantastic and gives the software good value. Some features are better than others, but the audit and competitive analysis really are fantastic. I've used the software in various forms including Business, Guru and free. The free version gives you a taste, but the full experience is generally worth the money. Guru is worth the extra money over Pro as it gives you branded reports and the ability to manage quite a few more projects. Exports and reoccurring reports are very nice and simple to set up. Overall, this is a great tool for SEO and PPC campaigns. If you need an all-in-one type software solution then I would recommend SEMrush as it's probably the most well-rounded tool you can find.

Cons

If you're looking for rank tracking then I'd suggest looking elsewhere, it's a little wonky and not as easy to use as other rank tracking solutions. However, if you don't want to buy multiple pieces of software then the rank tracker will get the job done. The software is kind of a 'jack of all trades, master of none'; so you'll be able to get by with just this as your main piece of software, but if you want something a little more specialized then you should probably look elsewhere. You might end up not using a lot of the tools because there is so much to explore, but most of the tools that are there are pretty valuable. Other than that, some of the reports need some extra interpretation if you are going to present them to a client which isn't optimal but is understandable.

Eligreg from Living Group LLC

Industry: Furniture

A SEO tool for those who want to get things done

I got a taste of everything SEMrush can do after attending one of their great seminars (they're really good at content marketing and that includes events), that made me purchase the tool and I'm in a hurry to make my money's worth of SEO audits.

Pros

Everything around SEO and content marketing gets absolutely DONE. SEMrush really goes out of its way to help the user (and more importantly, every business owner) get the results they want with every single tool they can think of. From SEO auditing (in seconds) to Social Media Marketing, SEMrush is the tool to handle all your inbound efforts.

Cons

As a freelancer SEO consultant, SEMrush can get a bit pricey for the work I do. For businesses is great, but us the freelancers take the punch with the pricing, given the frequency of our income.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

SEMrush seemed like the most accurate tool for SEO audits

Nimanthi from Design

is a tool suite for advanced advertising the executives

This enables them to exploit those as limited time open doors just as to widen their gathering of people reaches. Furthermore, the arrangement educates organizations what individuals are buzzing concerning on the web for them to discover a subject they can turn and identify with their merchandise and ventures.

Pros

SEMrush is a tool suite for advanced advertising the executives. It gives proficient full perceivability into traffic originating from various correspondence channels and to pick up knowledge into the effectivity of their advertising approaches. As SEMrush gives significant commitment data, computerized advertisers are better furnished to position the brands they work with higher in the web crawler rankings and in the cognizance of their objective market by means of other media and strategies. In addition, SEMrush empowers promoting experts to pick up influence over their opposition by giving them profitable understanding into what their shoppers and prospects are keen on. When they have distinguished those points, they can utilize them in making all the more captivating substance. Exhaustive catchphrase looks into apparatus and area examination. Backlink following. Work area/versatile pursuit breakdowns. Venture based SEO crusade structure is particularly valuable. Catchphrase proposals and proactive SEO suggestions.

Cons

Needs watchword list the executives. A large number of its most inventive instruments includes still convey a beta tag. Competitive Advantage. SEMrush offers information into the SEO strategies of contending brands. The arrangement demonstrates organizations what catchphrases support contenders' web crawler positioning, for them to make a technique that can counter that. Vital Advertising With SEMrush, organizations can contrast their promoting approaches and those of their opponents. Thusly, brands can discover what makes their rivals prominent with the shoppers promoting savvy. This additionally enables them to modify their financial plans by revealing the advertisement spend and return their rivalries have. Extended Social Media Reach A major piece of buyers is via web-based networking media channels. That is the reason it is basic for organizations to be the place their objective clients are. These stages can be used to augment commitment and they additionally make it easy to quantify the execution of a brand's social technique. Strategic Content Marketing With SEMrush, brands can discover how famous they are among netizens.

Greg from Two Creative Design Group, LLC

I use SEMRush to monitor the SEO health of all my clients.

From this one application, I can monitor the overall SEO health of multiple clients in multiple locations. I can run insightful, professional-looking reports to give to clients. And I can quickly research both their past history and their next steps. When it comes to SEO, SEMRush is the only tool I need.

Pros

My favorite thing about SEMRush is the keyword search tools. Even though keywords are everything when it comes to SEO anymore, they're still very important both for ranking and as an insight into a company's market share. I was an early user of products like Market Samurai and the Google keyword tool back when they both actually told you something useful. This isn't exactly like the early days of SEO, but it's close. You can search keywords and actually return quality, actionable data that you can use in your AdWords campaigns, on-site SEO, and Social Media optimization. Then once you've found the words you're looking for the Keyword Magic function allows you to drill down and discover long-tail and phrase match keywords. Whether you're looking for keywords to help you rank locally, nationally, or across the world, SEMRush is the best option for the money in my opinion.

Cons

I really don't dislike anything about SEMRush. If I had to find a least-liked feature, it would be the steep learning curve. Unless you have a firm understanding of SEO concepts and strategies, it's easy to get lost in there. That said, the reason why there's a big learning curve is because there are so many features packed into one application. Keyword searches are only the beginning. You can monitor your Social Media rankings, your backlinks, your online reputation, and so much more with SEMRush. There's a lot to learn, because there's a lot to use.

Jeff from Quick To Impress Inc.

An Absolute Must for Any Marketing Team

Overall, SEMrush is our go-to solution for SEO, content development, keyword research and more. Whenever something new comes along, we stick with SEMrush. It's simply the best there is.

Pros

SEMrush is amazing. It uncovers opportunities and helps you improve your rankings by offering A+ data.

Cons

It can be a bit complicated for newbies. Especially for those who have never used any type of SEO software or data analytics application.

Mithil from TK

A must have audit tool for your business

It has been great mainly due to the added value it provides to my new business pitches and research.

Pros

features like SEO audit, competitive landscapes, and social audit are the pros of this product. IT is much easier to use than any other product out there.

Cons

Lack of customer service. I need to rely on blogs and communities to train myself.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

SEM rush was easier to use and less expensive.

Chamath from AdSpark.IO

The best and powerful SEO tool I ever used

I would rate my overall experience with the software as very high. I started using it only lately and with great expectations because of its rising reputation. The software has proved its reputation and fulfilled its promises. I rate it as the best among all the other similar SaaS that I have used in the past.

Pros

SEMrush has grown as a big time favourite in the domain of SaaS in the past decade or so. It has captured all types of clients, big and small due to its versatility and powerful package. Some of the well known clients include Quora, eBay, BNP Paribas etc. It has been awarded the best SEO suite of 2018 by various agencies like MENA, SEMY US Search Awards. Pros - The package has a complete SEO solution for any company looking to improve in digital marketing. Some of the best features that I like are :- (a) SEMrush has got the best multi domain support across the board. (b) Its keyword analysis is one of the best that you can find. Daily position checks can be undertaken on a host of keywords for all your projects for a quick health check. (c) My favourite aspect about the software is however its reporting element, with which you can generate professional reports rich in data in real quick time. (d) The SERP ranking tracking is pretty much as good as it can get. (e) I also like their highly intuitive UX and the simplicity of its usage.

Cons

Cons - There is nothing really to be a con in case of SEMrush. However, if I have to state the least liked features, my list is as under :- (a) Although it is easy to use, but that is if you are an expert. It is not that easy to understand all its features, as there are many of them. But that in a way is good, if you are ready to learn. (b) The price being on a higher side is a bit of a drawback. But again, if you want so many features in a single package, the price will be high.

Paul from Wild Rosa

Extremely Comprehensive Suite Of SEO Tools For The Digital Marketer

We use the Keyword analysis and competitor analysis to help set future marketing strategies. The results of this analysis have helped us grow our online presence significantly. Knowing which keywords in our market to target, and importantly what our competitors are targeting and ranking for is invaluable information for our business. Using the monitoring tools available we ensure our site is always optimized by fixing any issues flagged by SEMrush immediately. For example broken internal and external links can easily be fixed when raised as an issue.

Pros

SEMrush is a very comprehensive suite of tools that covers all the SEO needs of any digital marketer. From Keyword research, Competitor Analysis, Domain Analytics, Rank and Project Tracking the tools from SEMrush provide all the SEO data marketers need to help devise future marketing strategies as well as monitoring exisiting projects. The quality of the data is accurate meaning analysis results can be relied upon.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve when first using the tools simply because there is so much data that can be accessed and tracked. New and exisiting users will need to invest a fair amount of time to learn and set up the reports to meet their individual needs. The online SEMrush academy helps to solve this learning curve.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

Better value for money in our opinion is provided by the SEMrush suite of tools. It compliments other SEO tools we use.

Robin from IT Partners

A must have for digital marketers

It is a great product that really helps you become proficient at SEO. If there is one thing your small business needs to have it is SEMrush. There are trainings and learning modules are helpful alongside though provoking webinars to make sure you stay up to date with trends. Learning the ui takes time as is not the most intuitive; however, most things you need are there.

Pros

The dashboard. All from one location I can see my projects performance across a multitude of aspects from social media, back links, position rankings and technical SEO just to name a few.

Cons

Righ now I have an issue with my Facebook always disconnecting with their publishing tool within an hour. contacting support guides you to an email where I would much rather have instant chat or phone support.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

The bundled aspect of all features. SEMrush might not be the best at some features but if offers them all.

Arjunsinh from Whirlwind Online Internet Marketing

Stay ahead of your competition

It has saved by time by more than 50-60%, reports runs on cloud, best suggestions based on the competitor analysis and link building suggestions along with the outreach pitch, what cold be better than this for a SEO guy.

Pros

There are lots. Its complete All in one SEO pack for SEO experts. Let it be website auditor's suggestions, technical SEO, on-page off-page, keeping eye on your competitor, researching links for Link building, keyword research or white label report, SEMRush is the answer. The provide more than what they charge for. 99/100 SEO will have this as a their SEO weapon against their competitor.

Cons

Though, there are none. But, I would recommend if they could update all the keywords daily, people won't have to buy any keywords tracking tool, currently only important keywords are updated and not all, rest is perfect.

Great All Rounder

Pros

Used SEMRush for keyword research and content marketing. It has given a boost to our client's online marketing efforts. Data, volume, backlinks and other insights SEM Rush delivers are top-notch The most desirable feature is the content marketing tool. The tool assists with keyword research, topic ideas, content optimiser, etc. Website audits and the lead get tools can come handy. The next important one close to the content marketing tool is backlink analysis. The free tools offered by SEMRush are a nice addition. It also allows us to quickly create professional reports with a few clicks. Compared to the other tools which deliver similar results, the cost for SEMRush is much better in terms of the value it delivers. However, the subscription can get expensive before you know it.

Cons

Subscription can get expensive before you know it. Not a good option to recommend for beginners.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

A set of all-in-one tools for a lesser cost.

Response from SEMrush

Replied May 2020

Hi! Thanks for giving us such a great review! We really appreciate it and are happy that you're getting a lot out of SEMrush's tools.

SEMrush is one of the Top 5 SEO Tools for Agencies

Overall, our experience using SEMrush has been positive. Our team enjoys using it. Plus it has helped with our sales since we can utilize its research features when auditing prospective clients' sites.

Pros

We made the switch to SEMrush a few years ago mainly for the many tracking features that we need for all of our clients. The main one is the keyword tracking tool which allows us to track several keywords for each client and we then can include this data in their monthly reports.

Cons

SEMrush does not have the best structure for their plans/options which ends up costing us more for the software subscription. Due to their plans/pricing structure, we had to create two separate accounts and separate our projects between the two--all to avoid paying the astronomical additional fee for multiple users.

Molly from Treehouse Internet Group

Magic SEO & PPC Tool

As a PPC specialist and digital marketer I help clients boost their online presence through both SEO tactics and paid strategy. SEMrush helps me plan and analyze to deliver results that truly life my clients bottom line.

Pros

SEMrush is a wonderful tool with a vast amount of in-depth features that will help you improve SEO and PPC for your business. This tool delivers in every way to work smarter and not harder. Its all-in-one design boasts SEO, paid search, social media and also market research tools for both e-commerce and enterprise solutions. As a Pay -per-Click (PPC ) specialist I've used SEMrush for years. Favorite tools are competitor analysis, keyword magic tool, and the domain management tool. While I take some of the data with a grain of salt as everyone should its output within these tools has truly allowed me to grow my clients business in an easy and efficient way. IF your looking to do less work but gain great insights and actionable to do's then SEMrush is for you!

Cons

There really aren't any cons about SEMrush. The software has an overabundance of tools that would take a while to list in the pros. If you are a beginner to SEO or PPC the user face and amount of tools may be intimidating. While the price is a worthy investment - if you are not well versed in SEO or PPC or are just in need of the tool for one blog or a small website it may not be worth the money. For advanced users, it is important to remember that many tools like SEMrush will have a varying degree of data accuracy - I would not take the numbers they present as 100% accurate.

Josh from Signal Interactive

Pretty standard for SEO and digital marketing teams

Pros

SEMrush is our primary SEO tool and it really does it all, especially with the massive upgrades in the last year. It tracks keyword ranking positions, offers a few keyword research tools, and compares the domain to others related to it. You can automate reports that are white labeled, too. It also does domain analysis, backlink tracking, and site audits which we use all the time in our SEO business. They have recently rolled out link opportunity and outreach tools as well as brand monitoring on social media, though we haven't used those as much lately (but plan to).

Cons

SEMrush is an advanced tool for sure, not for newbies with little knowledge. However their support and tutorials are great. I'd like some more customization and styling options for the report tool, since we use SEMrush as our main report generator. Now we end up pasting images or combining it with other separate reports. I'd also like a client-facing dashboard for easy reporting. The keyword research tool isn't as good as the google one used to be, but now that google is making their keyword research tool more and more ridiculous, SEMrush is looking pretty good.

Sarah from Gruen Agency

A must-have tool for digital marketing agencies!

The best online visibility and analytics tool on the market!

Pros

The breadth of offerings that this software offers is unmatched in this industry. We use this every day in our agency and it provides so much value. As an SEO practitioner, I generally use the site audit tool and the keyword overview tool. Using these tools provides so much insight into our clients sites and how well they are performing. It is also very helpful at tracking the success of our various SEO initiatives. I can't imagine not using this tool!

Cons

The one thing I like least about SEMrush is the limit on the amount of keywords we can track without having to pay an extra fee. Especially considering that tracking one keyword on multiple devices counts as multiple keywords tracked.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

SEMrush just offered a better range of tools for our agency's needs.

Ian from Dragon360

A Great SEO Tool

I've been able to conduct keyword research for websites faster than I could before and find meaningful keywords to target and opportunities to grow organic traffic. This has resulted in better organic traffic to websites we've helped to optimize.

Pros

This is an amazing all-in-one tool for SEO. Whether you need a tool for keyword research, backlinks, or optimizing your website, you'll find all the tools inside of SEMRush. It's core features are definitely around keywords (tracking and researching the keywords that are ranking for a particular domain), you can use this information to optimize your site with the built in site audit features.

Cons

There are a lot of features and it can sometimes be difficult to find the exact feature you are looking for.

Dale from Bimota Usa

Great SEO tool with some hiccups.

It is great and it helped us and our clients to achieve high rankings.

Pros

SEMrush is one of the best tools I have tried to improve the SEO of my websites. In terms of keyword suggestions, projects management, as well as in organic keywords tracking, this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful. I can also spy on our competitors with ease and come up with a plan on how to beat them on the search engine.

Cons

I also observed that SEMrush offers updates for the platform from time to time. Apparently, this starts confusion on users because particular features are moved and removed within the interface.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

It is recommended by our Senior SEO Officer.

Annam from Noble Insurance Broker Co. LLC

The best Digital Marketing Platform

I am using SEMrush not only for my personal websites, even I am using this awesome marketing tool in my Office. I apply these best marketing strategies to my company website. So my company SEO is increasing too much. My overall experience with SEMrush is too much good. Because now I can apply the digital marketing techniques to any website. Before creating a campaign in Google Adwords, I always select the best keywords from SEMrush. I always check the SEO score of my website in SEMrush and then I edit the content according to the best keywords.

Pros

Website is the need of every company in this modern period and the marketing of that website is more important. SEMrush is one of the best digital marketing tools. Where you can add your multiple website projects. You can easily track the position of your website pages in the search engine. You can check the number of backlinks for your website. You can also check your website competitors keywords. The post booster is really incredible to increase your facebook reach. If you want to write articles on trending topics, you can get ideas from SEMrush.

Cons

The all tools and features and professional for the digital marketing experts. The pricing is also good even for the beginners and for the advanced users. Even for your e-commerce business SEMrush is good. So overall, according to my experience everything is awesome in SEMrush. Only for the new users, the number of projects should be more. All other things are incredible for me.

Response from SEMrush

Replied April 2020

Thank you a lot for your feedback, Annam! We are happy you enjoy using the tool!

Mike from Klantenfabriek

Been using it for SEO optimising websites with great succes

For my clients i use SEMrush to find technical SEO issues and then come up with a plan to solve the issues. When that is done i use SEMrush for keyword research. First by scanning the website it self and then the competition. With this you can make a nice spy list of keywords before you throw it in the keyword magic tool to make a even bigger list. After that a SEO plan for excisiting pages, and new pages and track it all with SEMrush and auto report it to the client.

Pros

- I was using multiple tools for tracking ranks, SEO research, and technical SEO. SEMrush offers it's all in 1 complete package. - Automate report and also customise them for each client. (some want more info and some less). - Nice overview off multiple projects. - Good website audit that points out error's and then creates a list for solutions. - EVERYTHING can be exported to pdf. - Academy to learn how to use SEMrush, but also to learn alot about SEO and other topics.

Cons

- To many options, sometimes you forget that it's also in SEMRUSH - Not all options are optimal (sometimes i miss some extra functions). But for most clients SEMrush covers my needs. - Data is sometimes not up to date (visitor count etc, or other data is showed in analytics).

Tons of features for a high price

Keyword position tracking is great, although limited in free version. Even though I would love to use it in full, it's not even close to being affordable for our business -- keeping in mind that this tool is only one of the many needed to run a successful digital business. And one of the most expensive ones.

Pros

It has a ton of features and is very customizable, with a vast array of possibilities. You can build an incredible dashboards to oversee your digital efforts. The free keyword position tracking tool is very useful.

Cons

Most of the features are subscription-based, which costs a shocking $99 per month at the cheapest level, which makes it completely unaffordable for a small or medium-sized business that is not exclusively in the advertising business. We can't afford to pay 1,200 USD extra a year on dashboards and improved analytics operating a single business that has "just the regular" combination: GA, Google ads, Fb pages, Fb ads, Insta, LinkedIn, keyword tracking, other google products -- a dashboard to aggregate all this info would already be very useful, but the price is quite prohibitive (for our business in Central Europe, at least).

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

I use the free version of both, since the functions are limited.

Response from SEMrush

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We deeply appreciate input from our users at all subscription tiers. SEMrush is an SaaS-based software system that offers different subscription levels based on functionality. Our pricing follows industry standard models. Please DM us your contact info and we will help identify the right subscription level for your needs.

Kristy from Beard and Company

Dive Deeper into Your Site's Analytics with SemRush

We are starting our 5th year of business in 2019 and have SemRush to thank for much of our success.

Pros

I own a small ecommerce business so analytics is critical for our success. I've tried a few other SEO services in the past but nothing beats SemRush in terms of features and accessibility. While other services' interfaces are clunky and hard to understand, SemRush lays everything out on their page in an easy-to-use format. The features are incredible, especially the Site Audit, which compares your keyword goals to the content that is already on your site and gives you tips on how you can rank higher for your chosen keywords. Even more incredibly, they provide "SEO templates" which makes content creation easy and friendly. It's nice to have such an easy platform for writing excellent-quality articles that converst. When you're only using Google Analytics, there's still a ton of information about your content and backlinks that you're not really seeing. SemRush makes this information available to you.

Cons

I wish the subscription cost was a bit cheaper.

Jeffrey from Mood Media

Incredibly robust and affordable platform

Again, SEMRush offers a wealth of insights for our Paid and Organic web efforts. We get advanced analytics on page and keyword performance, opportunities for improvement and much more. I also appreciate that they offer ample free courses to help you improve your SEO skills and make the most of the platform. SEMRush offers multiple dashboard views in order to give you a full perspective of your web landscape. The Content Builder is especially helpful, as it literally walks you through how to build fully optimized content based on a specific keyword. Great product.

Pros

Cons

The features can be a lot to handle, but fortunately they offer courses to help walk you through it.

Meisha from PlanSource

Robust Tool For SEO/PPC Research, Monitoring, and Reporting

Solid research and monitoring tool for SEO/PPC campaigns. This tool should definitely be a part of your digital marketing arsenal, especially if you manage multiple clients/campaigns.

Pros

SEMrush offers a solid suite of research and monitoring tools for digital marketers. There is a slight learning curve but once you get in and use it the tools is fairly intuitive. I personally like the monitoring and reporting feature—you can enter your domain/s and set keywords to track, parameters and setting to filter out recommendations, etc. to customize the dashboard to your specifications. Reporting is a breeze as pretty much anything can be exported to a PDF. SEMrush also offers pretty handy research and competitive intel tools. They aren't so deep that you could get rid of other more niche tools, but a great starting point or full solution for small teams. They also offer a ton of support and free resources, which is always helpful and appreciated.

Cons

As with other platforms, you really need to take the time to get to know it and understand all of the features and functions to get the most out of it. Not a software problem, but something to keep in mind when you're evaluating options. Also another caveat of other platforms, the data they report is only as good as the source (Google) so take their competitive intel, suggested bids, etc. with a grain of salt—it's a great place to get started but can be inaccurate or out of date.

One of the best SEO tools to monitor website health and kw positions

Overall, a very rich tool - in information and easy to understand graphics.

Pros

What I like most is that Semrush offers a lot of useful features and they are constantly adding new ones and developing the tool. Positions tracking is only small part of it - you cancreate different projects to automatically track changes in positions for keywords that are important for your business - for ex. by geo location, which is very useful for an international business. A great one is the Site Audit feature - which sums up pretty much all kinds of issues you're currently having with your website - like craw issues, hreflang conflicts, pages with 4xx status codes, broken links, duplicate or missing meta information. The competitor analysis feature is awesome - you can analyze your competition and where you stand comparing to them and perform gap analysis - where they rank where you don't, etc. I like the backlink audit tool, because it was useful in detecting "toxic" backlinks we weren't aware of. The number of analyzed links is low in comparison to our overall backlink profile, but still, it's a very useful feature since it analyzes links based on criteria that detects link/website spam - which saves us a ton of manual work.

Cons

The subscription generally offers access to only 1 user. Adding additional users is costly (which is relative of course).

Chad from Corridor Nine Inc.

Best SEM and SEO software on the market

SEMrush does a great job of onboarding clients and they have a lot of great training tools. I also like that I can go to one place and get the information I'm looking for. And it is accurate.

Pros

SEMrush is probably the most full-featured SEM/SEO software on the market. I have tried several different ones but they all lacked certain pieces. To get all the features of SEMrush you have to have subscriptions to multiple pieces of software.

Cons

This much functionality doesn't come without some complexity. There are times where it is frustrating trying to figure out how to do something or get the results you are looking for.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

It is the most complete software of any of them.

Brandon from Hamilton Company

Industry: Biotechnology

Great All-Around Tool for Short-Staffed Teams

I see SEMrush as a core tool for digital marketing. It offers a lot of value for the price point and there's always more that you can use it for (if you have the time).

Pros

SEMrush is like a Swiss Army knife, full of features that can be used for a variety of digital marketing needs. The SEO and advertising keyword tools are very helpful as well as the competitive intelligence tools.

Cons

The massive feature set can also be overwhelming. In an ideal world, you would need a full-time, dedicated position if you wanted to maximize all the tools and features. I'm also a little suspicious of the data quality because the tool is priced so low. It usually correlates with other data sets I use, but it is not surprising to come across data points that just don't make sense.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

It was primarily a price and commitment decision. SEMrush doesn't require you to work through an account manager and there are no long-term commitments needed.

Best for SEO

Being new to the market and having a relatively young business and domain visibility, we are competing with the giants in terms of company size, their history in the business, their domain age. It's a big challenge to even rank against this giants when it comes to organic search. That is when a tool like SEMrush is able to tell you where you are against your competitor and what you can do to beat them in ranking position. And so we did for at least some of the biggest name in the industry. We aim to be on position 1, soon!

Pros

I have been using SEMrush mainly for SEO and no doubt that it does its job really well in the SEO landscape. Although there are other tools available with regards to PPC, Brand, and Social. It's great in monitoring our main targeted keywords on both devices, reports are easy setup, customisable and can be shared with the management straight out. Competitive research provides all the tool you'd need to stay ahead with the competition.

Cons

On the backlink side of things, I'd like to see a more strategic way of reaching out to potentially high-value domains. I don't think to send an email to each of the website owners actually worked in terms of exchanging links. Other than that, other suggestion and audit, on page check are all great working together. We have a Thai team who also uses the same tool, however the report doesn't show up on the local language. Which actually is not a turn down, you can still the keywords translated within the tool.

Stephen from Sycamore Digital

SEMrush is invaluable for SEOs!

Pros

I use so many features of SEMrush every day. Unrivalled competitor analysis, accurate position tracking, keywords magic tool is really useful.

Cons

There isn't really anything I dislike - Moz and Ahrefs are better in some features but SEMrush is the best overall package in my opinion.

Reasons for Choosing SEMrush

SEMrush does everything to a high standard and is my first choice - Competitor analysis and project tracking swings it for me.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi, Stephen! Thanks for giving us this review. We are happy to hear that you enjoy using our tools!

Declan from Simply Responsive

SEMRush is one of the best SEO, SEM, and content marketing tools available, with tons of extras.

Pros

The design is focused on what you need, and you don't get lost in SEO or SEM jargon. You can do a Site Audit, which gives you actionable information (and if you're a consultant, a huge benefit to give your clients). Keywords lists are delivered and organized in a way that again gives you actionable items, as is the PPC research. Content marketing is made simple,. with suggested ideas, questions, and all outlined in a way that you can feel smart taking these actions. Excellent support always, and the downloadable Excel spreadsheets help you share this info beyond SEMRush.

Cons

The con is a basic con with all SEO/SEM tools in the age of Google. PPC data is rarely accurate in terms of what companies are spending, not the fault of SEMRush as much as the sources are unreliable (yes Google, talking about you), which makes what used to be an accurate measure more of a guess. Still you will get an understanding, but the PPC end must be looked at more from Adwords than trusting this tool, or any tool.

Todd from Huebner Integrated Marketing

A Professional SEO Tool

SEMrush has been used by my company for years now to assist with client SEO projects. Pricing can be an issue, but you really do get a ton of insights, advice, and quality information from the platform. I'd recommend it to any group in need of a professional SEO resource.

Pros

While there are other players in the market, SEMrush is the most comprehensive SEO tool I've encountered. From keyword research to site audits and domain metrics, it seems to do it all. It can dive pretty deep into traffic analytics and show you valuable trends that can help with client ROI conversations. It's been useful when proving the success or need for content on websites.

Cons

The platform layout is a bit confusing. There is so much going on that it's easy to get lost in a new section and not know how to get back to the screen you want. The dashboard offers a lot to use, but needs better organization to streamline a user's experience. The keyword research portion is fairly clear, but the domain analytics versus site positions versus content recommendations could use some help.

Brent from Rocket Grove Creative Studios

Semrush is complete, but slightly inaccurate

Overall, I love Semrush. It's a wealth of information. Even if some of the information in the database is a little out of date, the sheer amount of data and ideas you can get from Semrush are worth it. You even get bonus things like social media tools. The interface is good, but not amazing. So they could work on that. But I never had too difficult a time finding what I wanted.

Pros

I love that it's a pretty comprehensive SEO and PPC research and auditing suite. There is simply a ton you can do in Semrush, even in the free version. The site audit is comprehensive, and you're given a lot of different things to look at. One of my favorite things is the SEO Ideas module where it gives you specific things you can do on each page that will help you improve your organic traffic. While you can figure some of this out through the normal audit, having these extra ideas helps with getting the creative juices flowing. There is also a very large amount of competitive research, content idea generator and so much more. It's astounding what all is there! I love that some emphasis is put on PPC in addition to SEO as the two often work hand in hand.

Cons

Unfortunately, despite being a comprehensive tool, you do have to keep in mind that not all the data is completely up to date or accurate. Not that it's unusable, but I did find myself wondering why it was showing my PPC campaign's "current real-time" ad was actually an ad I haven't used for 6 months. In addition, I found that many of the links in the backlink audit were not accurate. This doesn't mean the tool isn't worth the money. But take everything with a slight grain of salt and back up the data with another tool if you can.

Heath from Search Ins

Invaluable tool for SEO and web migration tracking

Use it daily, wouldn't be able to do my job properly without it. Every agency and SEO should use SEMrush.

Pros

The "Site Audit" and Projects tool is my favorite part. Setting up projects and scanning websites in full every month is great, we can uncover lots of hidden issues such as broken links or duplicate content with ease and filter through everything in priorities. The keyword gap analysis and data exports are also perfect for any company tracking SEO progress and keyword movements after a web migration.

Cons

The plans can be a bit expensive, especially if you use the site audit tool and wish to scan thousands of pages within a month (as there is a cap). Overall though the pricing is fair when compared to Ahrefs or the fact that cheaper tools are not as comprehensive.

Albert from IRL-LIVE

An amazing SEO tool with few drawbacks!

I love using SEMrush! It is a big part of my SEO and Paid traffic campaigns.

Pros

SEMrush is a neat and powerful tool for any online marketing campaigns. It is great for SEO and PPC campaigns. I can see my website's data with a single click of a button. It also allows me to track my keywords but I think that they are not as accurate or the data is not recently updated. Their backlink checker works fine for me and I can see who's linking to my websites. In my opinion, their main strength is their keyword tool. I can do so much with it! I can discover new and untapped keywords, I can even copy my competitors keywords and use them to my websites. Overall, SEMrush is a great tool for any online businesses. It helped us to rank higher on search engines.

Cons

First of all, SEMrush is not a cheap tool. So, for people who do not have a high budget for a tool, you may want to look elsewhere. But with all of the powerful features, it is all worth it.

Maggie from Irl-Live

Simple and effective SEO with SEMrush

SEMrush helped us to rank our target keywords.

Pros

SEMrush is a very effective tool for SEO. It has a simplistic approach and it allows users to see all the relevant data of any websites. It has a very detailed keyword analysis tool that can show many related keywords, traffic data and competitors. The backlink analysis tool is another great feature of this app. I can see all the websites that are linking to mine, their countries and IP addresses, their anchor texts and if the links are follow or nofollow. They also have this very helpful SEO content template that can help you write SEO-friendly articles. It is based on the top 10 ranking pages of your keyword. I love using that feature because it makes my job easier and I can write a lot of engaging articles that our audience will surely love.

Cons

The only minor drawback I can think of is their pricing. But I can guarantee that SEMrush is worth it.