• Pros

• "It was very easy to use, and gave you some great insights into what your competitors where doing to gain site traction and traffic."

• "It really helps with keywords and understanding how the site is doing and what could be improved. They also offer lots of help and give great newsletters on what to do."

• "The software is cool, some good features. But other competitors offer a better value for the money + have a better customer support."

• Cons

• "The filters require you to be 100% specific and this leaves a lot of room for errors. It is hard to learn when you are starting out."

• "On page report sometimes provides wrong information. Few reports if we fix also it shows error."

• "My only complaint about the software is that it is extremely expensive, and there are also a lot of features and can be a little confusing."

Browse Semrush Reviews

Brooks from Engenius

Truly an all-in-one digital marketing platform

We use SEMRush to for SEO research, competitive analysis, content marketing, and some for PPC as well. The insights are incredible, and it has changed the game for our own marketing as well as our clients'. It's all-around a great tool.

Pros

A ton, but my favorite is probably the content marketing toolset. SEMRush provides topic research, keyword research, a writing assistant, and much more. The suite of SEO tools is incredible as well: site audits, keyword research, gap analyses, backlink analytics, and keyword tracking. You are able to set up projects, receive notifications, report to clients, and more. I love SEMRush.

Cons

The only thing I don't love about SEMRush are their traffic predictions. As a smaller business, I find they're often very misleading and inaccurate. I imagine they're more accurate for larger sites. You also don't get API Access on the Guru plan – only business. I understand why, but I'd love to have access to API credits regardless my plan.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Again, for the entire suite of tools. I believe since out purchase, Ahrefs has added to their toolset as well.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Though we loved Moz, SEMRush just provided a larger toolset and ultimately allowed us to save money. We at the time also switched because Moz's link database was pretty small – but they've since updated.

Julio from DNA Digital Marketing

You can't drive blind

I admit to get the most out of SEMRush, I had to spend some time with it and I can tell you that after three years, I don't know all of it. Yet with all that complexity, you can get a project up and running and become useful in a matter of minutes.

Pros

Go deep into a URL and discover the good, bad and ugly of SEO on a project. There are very few platforms that hold up and deliver on the promises made. SEMRush is one. This one works and it works for my company.

Cons

Like any SEO platform we sometimes get false positive results and there never seems to be a rhyme or reason for it. But I am nit picking.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

the look feel and initial presentation of the dashboard

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

First off I had to jump back and forth between applications and sometimes you prefer to have things all under one hood. I still use the other tools mentioned but not nearly as much.

Tom from Evenses

After 4 years being a customer this company rips me off

I feel ripped off by Semrush. We are customers already for 4 years. We always have enough with one user. Now, we have been loggin in, by accident, from a few different locations. This is because of remote working due to corona and it was unclear in the team who was responsible for Semrush. Now is our account suspended, which I can understand. But the only 'solution' is that I have to buy a €540 extra user. But wo do not need that! I told them this was an accident and that one user is enough for us. Which it always has been for 4 years. But we can only get our account back with paying 540€. And a refund of the unused service is also not possible. This feels like bribery. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was 'helping' me, but only offering me this upsell that I do not need. It is a shame to be treated like this after being a loyal customer for 4 years. I will recommend other potential customers SeRanking. It is much cheaper, has almost the same features and they will not rip you off with unwanted upsells. Shame!

Pros

It has a lot of features, in dept analysis.

Cons

It is expensive and there are quiet a few other, much cheaper alternatives where the customer service doesn't rip you off!

They don't bribe me.

Response from SEMrush

Replied November 2020

Hi Tom, thank you for your review. We have investigated the situation - it seems like multiple users logged in from different locations under your account for 3 times, which triggered our security system, and we sent several warnings before your account was blocked. We kindly remind you that by default, the account only includes 1 user, adding extra seats is a paid option. As far as we know, you account was unblocked by the team after finding out that your team logged in accidentally from different locations. If you still have any questions, please email us at mail@semrush.com and we will be happy to answer them!

Mike from M3 Group

SEMRush Vastly Improves SEO Efforts and is Worth the Investment

Overall, SEMRush has allowed great value for us and our clients. We are able to take action and improve websites and SERP rankings, and provide a resource to content writers to find a good balance between great content and SEO friendly content. Every serious business looking for growth should be using SEMRush or a similar product as they reveal a lot about your website.

Pros

I have enjoyed that SEMRush has continued to add features to its product offering. This helps consolidate software and accounts being used, staying within one platform, and adding value to building SEO audits, reports, and the ability to pivot and make changes with all of the information in one platform. There are equal competitors out there but most require you to subscribing to individual products from different companies to achieve what SEMRush can accomplish.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about SEMRush. The only true con that I dislike about SEMRush is the pricing around adding users. For the price you pay, and the size of teams needing access to the platform, I can't find the justification of the pricing for adding users to that extent for the majority of companies that would use the platform. I think 2 or 3 users to an account should be a no brainer and provide long-term customer relationships, instead of nickel and diming to add users. If someone else is logged into the same user account, one will get kicked off the platform. Next, this isn't really a con based on the pros stated above, but because of the numerous features available within the platform, it can become overwhelming or slow down the learning process for newcomers as it is a comprehensive, robust platform. There are many navigation paths to get to specific features and reports, but that is just the nature of the beast with consolidating and growing the product mix that is the evolving, for the better, SEMRUsh.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

The consolidation of products, additional robust features, and previous successful experience using SEMRush.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

After joining M3 Group last year, I made the recommendation of the switch as SEMRush provides more capabilities, it is more comprehensive, and it is all under one subscription and platform.

Carsten from raumplus GmbH

Industry: Furniture

Die Rund-um-Sorglos SEO Software

Mit Semrush haben wir erstmals einen umfangreichen Einblick in die Markt- und Wettbewerbssituation erhalten. Die Ableitung von Keywordrecherche zur SEO-Texterstellung ist sehr einfach gehalten und überzeugt immer wieder aufs Neue. Den größten Gewinn gab uns das On- und Offpage SEO Audit. So konnten wir große Fehler in Minuten ausfindig machen und korrigieren.

Pros

Am besten gefällt mir das Preis-Leistungsverhältnis der Softwarelösung Semrush. Semrush bietet uns alle Features, die wir für unsere Keywordrecherche und tägliches SEO benötigen.

Cons

Die Navigation könnte etwas einfacher sein, um den Workflow zwischen den einzelnen Komponenten zu erleichtern.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Wir benutzen nur die kostenlosen Versionen von anderen guten Produkten, aber die Vollversionen sind zu groß (umfangreich) für uns und unser Marketingteam, also begannen wir mit Semrush zu sprechen und haben die beste Version für uns gefunden.

Jared from Magnetic Seal Corp (MAGSEAL)

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Keyword Research and Tracking Software

My overall experience was good with Semrush. However, I have since left them for a less expensive and equivalently effective SEO research software.

Pros

SEMrush has an extremely large collection of keyword data available. They do a good job of letting you search for a target keyword and then expand on the different variations people are searching Google for. I also like the scheduled crawling they perform on your website to scan for SEO issues.

Cons

I have found inconsistencies with keyword search volume between Semrush and other keyword research platforms - including Google Adwords. It makes me doubt the accuracy of that data. I also experienced a lot of false errors during my website scans. In addition, Semrush is already very expensive for their minimum tier plan and makes you upgrade to a higher plan to use some parts of the software.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

At the time, I chose Semrush because they were the leaders in the space. However, that has changed.

Stephanie from Ashes to Roots

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great tool for seo

The free version is very limited. I was skeptical about semrush since I've been using Uber suggest. But since NONE of my posts were ranking well with Uber suggest I decided to switch to semrush. I've done the free trial and have enough keywords to get my through for several months. I should be ranking by my 1 year mark thanks semrush! Then hopefully no can buy the full version!

Pros

Tons of keyword ideas, and their ranking ability is separated by easy, possible, hard and difficult. I love the ability to save my keywords to projects like post ideas. That way my post is pretty much outlined for keywords I can easily rank for.

Cons

There was definitely a learning curve to it! I had to hire an seo consultant to get my going. But then I got the system down and my posts are taking off!

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I wasn't ranking. I looked at the keywords Uber suggest said we're "easy" and semrush said they were actually hard for difficult to rank for. So I am not sure who is right but time will tell!

Joseph from eye see you now

esyn review

It's ok, best if you read my 'cons' section.

Pros

How extensive the features are. I haven't even been able to use everything they offer.

Cons

There are so many features here I feel lost. Unfortunately, I have never had someone from sem rush reach out and ask if me or my team needed help. When I upgraded I was promised a 'class' for my team of some sort but never heard back. If I ever became frustrated, this could cause me to give up and go elsewhere.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

a friend was letting me share their ahrefs account ... i would consider going back since they are only $100 per month

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

because they use cpu and hard drive resources .. otherwise i would not have switched

Joseph from Wurkhouse

All round tool for SEO

Overall Semrush is an essential tool for anyone who is working in online marketing. With a diverse range of tools it is a great solution for creating a marketing plan or for online SEO research.

Pros

Good level of SEO related features including quality keyword research and keyword tracking. Essential tool for competitor research to see how far your company is from competing with your competitors online.

Cons

The dashboard is a little difficult to navigate, particularly for setting up projects. For creating client reports, it could be made easier for users to pick and choose what to have on a particular report document.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Better keyword research capabilities, more tools for competitor research.

Muhammad from Lithium Strategy Inc.

Great tool. But very expensive for smaller businesses

Great tool. Couldn't keep using it as price was prohibitively high for my needs as a small business owner. But for medium to large organizations with 250,000+ visitors a month, it would make perfect sense.

Pros

Has pretty much every little thing you could need to manage your Search performance, intelligence and optimization. Plus the educational tools it offers alongside are very useful. If only it were not that expensive.

Cons

Price. I'd say the UI as well. Can sometimes look a bit outdated sometimes. If they can be a bit more competitively priced and polish up the dashboard UI, they would be perfect.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Bigger keyword library. Different reports that offered more relevant data.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Not enough features. Very basic kinda tool.

Vasilis from Edelweiss Productions

Rank with Semrush

Let's suppose you have a blog. You are adding information and content, but you have no traffic and no idea where you exist in search engines. Semrush TOGETHER with a SEO Optimiser like Yoast SEO and better with Gramarly, will give you immediately a 'map' where you rank and what to do. This is a good tool, not so many 'how to do SEO' articles like Ahrefs, but really OK. However - don't expect to see results fast. You will be happy to see that your page exist in google, even in top 20 for a keyword, your rank grow from 0.16 to 0.17 , and your estimated traffic is 0.002 visits / month!

Pros

Semrush has a huge database for keyword search. However, there are many cases the Magic Keyword Tool doesn't bring results even for not-so-long-tail or unusual keywords. If you want to rank your website fast this is a correct tool with reasonable price. Daily reports show your best ranking pages. Then you can fine-tune text to help your best pages to go up in Google Top 3,10,20 and top 100. That can be done further with other tools like Yoast Seo. There are some features inside Semrush but much more expensive so I didn't try them. Semrush is giving you as many crawls as you want a serious edge above competition. A newer feature are proposed ideas to rank better. Although in my cases, most of the proposals are not realistic, they are good as guideline and some are applicable. At the end, these are suggestions, not an autopilot system to rank. As usual you have to know your business. Another important feature is backlink builder, proposing you thousands of sites to build your links based from the backlinks of your competitors. I can definitely tell you that most of those proposed links are really impossible to build. Either coming from friends, or from advertorials or irrelevant sites. But again this is a positive list you may filter and use. Here is an internal "organiser'" allowing you to mark whatever you consider important, and the way to build your backling ie, call owner, post comment etc. There are many features, even in the starter plan 99$+vat / montly

Cons

Daily reports are giving errors that are not errors and someone needs to know the site well to understand . There is also a robots.txt report error, that I found it was not really an error of the site. The Keyword Difficulty tool, is impressive but (in my case ) never gave me a useful information. That is becasue, the 'easy to rank ' keywords, don't have traffic. The keywords with traffic are all red - practically impossible to rank And the middle list of medium difficulty is empty - not even long tail words are there. That is a serious problem with the tool.

Jay from vbr Lawyers

Nice SEM tool to have

SEMrush is all rounder in terms of Search Engine Marketing tool. Interface is similar to Google Analytics and easy to use. They have rolled out couple of regular tool updates every year. Very helpful articles in Knowledge Base. They do have some advance SEO and PPC features but very limited in terms of data especially Backlink Audit. If someone from search marketing looking for one for all tool (SEO, PPC, Competition Analysis) then it's an good option. However, if someone looking for a special tool for a particular job such as Backlink analysis and acquisition then look for alternative tools.

Pros

Good UI (Similar to Google Analytics) Feature rich Easy to Use Free trial period Competitive Research

Cons

Backlink Audit is not showing all the links Position Tracking a bit inaccurate Log files doesn't support .log format

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

No free trial period with Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Broghtedge is a premium SEM tool. Enterprise Level and bit expensive.

Response from SEMrush

Replied November 2020

Hi Jay, thank you for the detailed review! happy to know you enjoy the tools and are ready to recommend them. Please contact us at mail@semrush.com for any question on the tools - we'll be happy to help you!

Steve from Dynamic Image Web Design

Best Product for Everything Related to SEM

SEMrush has definitely allowed me to be more efficient with my work and took my company to the next level. I can do everything in one "stop". Research, tracking, reporting and more, all rolled into one.

Pros

Everything we need is in one place, I don't have to bounce around to different programs for different purposes. There are improvements and new features added all the time. The few times I've had a problem or question, support is very quick to answer/resolve it and then follow up a week later to make sure everything's working as it should.

Cons

I can't think of any cons, it just works as advertised.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

I tried the free trial, then the least expensive package for over a year before I found that I was using it more than any other SEM program I was trialing/paying to use. It just made sense to upgrade and get rid of the others.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Raventools was lacking many of the tools I required as my business grew.

Response from SEMrush

Replied October 2020

Hi Steve, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Laura from Contiki

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Comprehensive & reliable SEO tool

Pros

It's a great tool for doing keyword research and for tracking keyword visibility across a number of projects. This is the main reason why we are using this product, so that we can monitor and report on the evolution of our website's visibility across our targeted keywords.

Cons

1) I don't like the fact that even with the Business subscription, there's only one user that can access the software at one time. I think there should be at least 2 users added to the Business account. 2) In the Keyword research section, it would be good to see an actual trend of the keywords that are being displayed (not just a trend chart) and to see this trend displayed in percentages (e.g. 10% growth in search volume MoM) 3) In the SERP analysis section, it would be good to see the SERP exactly as it is shown in Google or other search engines, with meta titles, with featured snippets, with PPA boxes etc. The more detailed information we can have in the SERP section, the better. 4) In the Topic Research section, it would be useful to have the option to save cards and view them later

Overall, better value.

Response from SEMrush

Replied October 2020

Hi Laura, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools. And thank you so much for the detailed feedback on the features - it is very appreciated and I will pass it to the teams!

Susan from Oso Marketing

Great Product for SEO

Overall it is great and the software is really excacly what I need for doing my SEO work. . The support is awesome they get back to you quickly and are always ready to assist with any issues. Overall I say this the perfect software for SEO.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, it makes my job much easier. I am able to get the info quickly send to trello for the team to work on some items and it's great for giving me ideas for keywords, content and article writing.

Cons

My only con for this item is the AMP and needing to have the highest plan to access the amp info. I am on the mid tier and I can't access the pages with Amp errors. Since AMP is so important right now I would think that info would start at the mid-tier level.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

I like the UI better and the information that was provided. I had a hard time getting around the other software.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I just felt SEMRush was easier to use, give me what I am looking for and has useful suggestions.

Mary from Wpromote

Easiest and Most Robust Option

Great. Easy to use, easy to roll out, easy to adopt team-wide.

Pros

So easy to use. When we decided to make the switch company-wide earlier this year I was happy to see that there were so many educational resources for our teams to easily get onboarded. They all picked it up quickly and the transition has been smooth. Our old SEO tool lacked many of the features SEMRush has, so the team has been excited to start playing with all the new things and we're even creating new deliverables for our clients because of these new features.

Cons

The API documentation could be better. Part of the reason we switched to SEMRush was the ability to use the API for much of our reporting. It's frustrating that you cannot download organic research time series data from the UI into a csv and that the only API option is for a full domain, not per url or subdirectory. The documentation of the API was also quite frustrating as we had to decode what some of the abbreviations meant.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Robustness of features, ease of use, cost.

Cost and functionality

Manny from Priority Marketing

All-in-One Digital Landscape Research & Analysis

We have a great dedicted rep who is always checking-in to make sure we have what we need and are using the latest tools, promos and taking advantage of the software. SEMRush has become a vital need to all of our projects. It used from the discovery phase all the way to maintenance and reporting.

Pros

The ability to connect one domain and be able to select and add multiple tools, analysis and audits with one click. It covers from an SEO Audit down to a Competitor Insights. It is a powerful tool. Saves time and effort.

Cons

Compared to other tools, SEMRush requires a level of technical understanding and familiarity with their tools. Sometimes all the information gathered could be confusioning for new users.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Because it has what needed and much more.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

SEMRush has more information and better tools.

Steve from Storm Wolf Design

All Your SEO Base Are Belong To Us!

Overall SEMRush is a super useful SEO toolkit worth every bit of praise it has received, including from the likes of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] fame. My primary client switched from AHrefs at my request back to SEMRush.

Pros

SEMRush is a great hub for virtually every facet of SEO you can imagine - integrations for social media, analytics, search console, competitor research, the whole nine yards - that doesn't have too terribly steep of a learning curve.

Cons

SEMRush is prone to highlighting the "worst" part of a site on any given auto-generated email or scan based on the metrics its own scans find, and a lot of them are unnecessary scare-mongering. For example, it's normal to have redirects on a well developed site, but this will come through as "9% of your site's pages have redirects!" It can spook a client who doesn't know any better.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Ease of use, new feature set, added integrations, fewer restrictions, and overall better user experience for both myself and my client.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

More features in SEMRush, fewer restrictions on usage.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for your great feedback, Steve! We really appreciate it. As for the Site Audit tool warnings, you can hide the checks that you think are irrelevant to your website using the eye button.

Marlyn from FTI Consulting

An excellent tool for SEO and online metrics

Semrush is a platform that has helped us analyze where we are compared to the competition, the metrics and data it provides are useful to know how it can be improved to have greater visibility of the web, another function that handles very well Semrush is the keyword group, this makes our work easier. Semrush is always in constant training; they offer webinars that help us have a better idea of how to use Semrush tools in a better way, there is a whole group of experts behind this platform that help to improve the experience in the matter of SEO.

Pros

Semrush is an excellent marketing tool to measure data and make decisions based on it, something that I consider positive is its price, compared to the competition it is cheap considering all the tools it has. Semrush is an excellent tool to analyze technical issues with a website and see if SEO is working correctly, and in this way determine our priorities. Something I like about Semrush is that it helps me to identify which backlinks we have and Identify which are the best sources of traffic and which ones we want on our website. I consider Semrush to be an excellent tool to track online visibility and, in this way we measure our online positioning compared to the competition.

Cons

Although it is an excellent platform with multiple functions, it takes time to adapt since its interface is not very intuitive to say. Some features are difficult to find, and that takes time to know where they are; this is time-consuming since you have to search and Learn where they are. For someone who is using it for the first time is a bit difficult since it has to adapt to the platform. In conclusion, the user experience is complex for someone who uses it for the first time.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much Marlyn for writing this great review. We really appreciate your feedback about our tool.

Chad from eREACH

My Go To Analytics Tool

SEMrush is one of my essential tools needed to perform my job. Without it's vital data and information, I wouldn't be able to provide the excellent service my clients expect and would not be able to improve their website.

Pros

I enjoy a variety of features that SEMrush provides me. Domain analytics reports are incredibly useful to me in my role as an SEO link builder so that I know the sites I'm gaining backlinks from are trafficked. Keyword Analytics help me determine how well my clients are doing for their Keywords while also providing ideas for new content to capture new Keywords. Lastly, the projects section offers tons of technical SEO information on my clients' individual sites so that I can ensure their continued health.

Cons

The only thing about SEMrush that I don't like is that it's honestly TOO MUCH information. I really need to enroll in their academy so that I can learn more about all the tools at my disposal

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

more functionality with SEMrush, but I still use Ahrefs primarily for information on backlinks

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi Chad, thank you for this great feedback and for this amazing review of our tool.

shirley from mad4digital Ltd

Best SEO Marketing Tool

I have been using SEMRush for a number of years now, and with so much else going on it provides a lot of features, news, and training that helps to make my life a lot easier - I wish I had more time to get fully immersed in the tool.

Pros

The software offers a great mix of data that I can use immediately to understand how my client's business is performing. The mix of tools available is fantastic, I can immediately check ranking performance, schedule social posts and I love the writing assist tool the tips and metrics really help refine our content to give it the best chance of ranking. The customer support is the best I have experienced from any tool, the response is lightning fast and they are great at finding the solution to the problem 5 stars for customer service!

Cons

Posting to Instagram would be great, but the notification feature in the meantime is helpful. The competitor features do not appear to be hugely accurate as my data doesn't always match either which makes me feel that my competitor's data are equally out. Perhaps a few tips on how we can compensate for this would help as we all understand the competitor data cannot be fully accurate as you don't have direct access to it.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I needed more than a social media tool, SEO is also important and the mix of the 2 is absolutely essential and this is what SEMRush does really well.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi Shriley! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of SEMrush, we really appreciate it. We're also glad to hear that you've been using SEMrush for so long, it's great customers like you that keep us going!

Daniel from Avidly

All in one search engine marketing suite

With such a wide array of tools and opportunities you'd think it would make approaching their tools a little confusing or overwhelming, but SEMrush provides both written and video explanation to how and when to use their tools. And not only that, they are extremely good at listening to customer feedback, if you have suggestions to new features or questions about their current ones.

Pros

With a wide array of tools, SEMrush are able to help you with any aspect of your search engine marketing. We use it for both organic and paid advertising research and it plays a crucial role in every project. The single best thing at the moment, is the recent addition of the bulk keyword research tool.

Cons

The keyword research "magic tool" is awesome, but difficult to use when your account has multiple users doing research for multiple clients at once. We have experienced that if you aren't aware, you can accidentally add keywords to the wrong profile/client. This can be avoided by not using the "quick add" function but instead ticking off each keyword an then manually adding them to your desired list. Apart from this, we have never experienced any undesired behavior from any of their tools.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

None specific, but in general: we picked SEMrush due to their amount of tools available. We save money for not having subscriptions to multiple services (ie paid and organic research)

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi Daniel! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of SEMrush, we really appreciate it. We understand that our tools can have a bit of a learning curve, we're happy that you've found our blogs and videos useful and that our CS team was attentive to your needs.

Ariel from ariel-lim.com

Excellent Marketing Software—Has Everything You Need

My overall experience with SEMRush is excellent. THere's a slight learning curve, as with most tools. But you get more value for your money. When you subscribe, you don't just have an SEO software; rather, you have access to the ultimate marketing toolkit.

Pros

What I liked most about SEMRush is its comprehensiveness as a marketing tool. Most people compare SEMRush as an SEO tool (for keyword research and backlinks). But it goes beyond that. My favorite is the content marketing toolkit which is a suite of tools to help me beat the competition. It has all the tools you need to plan, research, execute and audit your content. Once you have your awesome content, the next step is to distribute them. That's where its social media toolkit comes in. You can post, curate, and frequently publish (re-use) social media posts. Yes, that's right. No need for a separate social media scheduler. Do you do link building? SEMRush also has its own link building tool built-in. You can perform all the "search operations" right within, which then plugs into a workflow where you can send out emails (from templates). It allows you to monitor everything inside one place. Pretty neat!

Cons

The one thing I didn't like is the setup process. I can't remember having some sort of onboarding experience (or maybe i just skipped it). I had to learn by going through other tutorials and help docs. Another thing i didn't like was integrating with Google Analytics/Search Console. My experience is that i have to connect it once per tool. Instead of only doing it once, every tool has to be setup like this. That said, it's still totally worth learning as it has pretty much everything you need.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

I chose SEMRush primarily because of the content marketing toolkit. I write content on my own site plus for my clients. The tools help me speed up the research process while maintaining a relatively high quality.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi Ariel! Thanks for giving us such an awesome review! As for the setup process, you can request a free online demo and one of our representatives will conduct a walkthrough about all tools we have. We appreciate you enjoy using the tool, and will keep working on improvements!

Hali from STR

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Perfect for global SEO research and analysis

I have been able to prove how our content refresh and new blog content has boosted our visibility prior to our new website launch that included a content overhaul. I've shown the correlation between our position and visibility to our increase in search traffic and search purchases. I never would have been able to justify our efforts or my role without the help of SEMrush.

Pros

I love being able to build out dashboards for our keyword categories. It helps me see which product groups are performing well vs. which ones we need to focus on. We are a global company so being able to have keywords in different languages was one of the main selling points for me. It's been fantastic!

Cons

Since we are global, it would be nice if we didn't have to choose just one country for each dashboard. I really need to see performance on a global scale.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

The ease of use, dashboards, and keywords in languages other than English - including Chinese and Japanese.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi Hali! Thanks a lot for giving us this review, we appreciate it!

Stuart from Principal Consulting, LLC

A Comprehensive SEO Solution

My clients expect me to sustain and / or improve their ranking in organic search. With SEMrush, I am able to see what's working and what's not, and make appropriate adaptations to strategy and tactics.

Pros

I use back link gap and keyword gap analyses regularly as I optimize client content and link profiles. The content writing tool suite is also excellent. This capability goes well beyond simple suggestions of content length, keyword density, and readability. Instead, offers insights from the best ranking content with which you will be competing. I was able to eliminate a subscription to a point solution that offered similar insights.

Cons

SEMrush evolves rapidly, so expect to travel a learning curve regularly, as features mature and integrations become more comprehensive. That said, the customer service team is easily accessed and will work with you to explain the sometimes surprising nuances or curious behaviors of some of the tools.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

At the time I selected SEMrush, I liked the pricing and interface better than Moz and Ahrefs. SpyFu was not sufficiently developed, but has matured nicely. At this point, given my familiarity with SEMrush and how they do things, I would be unlikely to switch.

Response from SEMrush

Replied June 2020

Hi, Stuart! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are really happy to know that you had such a great experience with our team and tool!

Alex from Tiger Marketing

Invaluable marketing data all bundled into one uber-powerful tool

We can manage all of our clients from a central dashboard, receive reports when we want them and rarely ever need to step outside SEMrush to get actionable insights on SEO. Though you could argue one shouldn't put all the eggs in one basket with an SEO tool (and in certain cases you really can't), the alternative is to invest in other tools too, which begins to get ridiculously expensive and wasteful. However, a decent SEO expert will know where to go to provide a broader scope of analysis, and this CAN be achieved for free in many cases. Ultimately, SEMrush is the Swiss Army Knife of SEO tools; it does almost everything you could need, and they provide plenty of training through their Academy to get you used to it all. Time and patience with SEMrush now will save far more time in the future, and the subscription will certainly pay for itself many times over. In fact, insights and actions we've been able to take using the data on SEMrush has led to us gaining more clients over the years, simply because an exisiting client has referred us on based on out success with them. Learn the tools, and you won't be disappointed!

Pros

- The sheer amount of power at your fingertips - there are tools for every need, whether you're an SEO or a marketer - the level of data is incredible. - Their Keyword Magic Tool for finding related keywords has saved us countless hours of head-scratching. - Excellent citation management - honestly, being able to update SERPs on SEMrush, then have those changes syndicated to all the major listings online is a huge time and headache saver! It's extra per client, per month (only $20), but it's worth every penny - it costs the client more in our time to do it all manually! - Their auditing tools are second-to-none, whether it's backlinks, on-page SEO or tech SEO - their insights go deep and their suggestions on how to fix issues are extremely well explained - Competitor analytics go hand-in-hand with their backlink building tools, suggesting the best sites to obtain quality backlinks from based on what your competitors are getting - again, hours and hours saved!

Cons

Only a couple, considering everything it does, but being picky: - The price can mount up if you have a lot of clients and want to take advantage of all their tools (though the convenience should overcome most of this reservation) - It takes some time to get used to - there's SO much on offer, that it can be a little overwhelming at first. It's easy to use, though because it's so powerful, finding everything can be tricky with so much going on sometimes

Robin from IT Partners

A must have for digital marketers

It is a great product that really helps you become proficient at SEO. If there is one thing your small business needs to have it is SEMrush. There are trainings and learning modules are helpful alongside though provoking webinars to make sure you stay up to date with trends. Learning the ui takes time as is not the most intuitive; however, most things you need are there.

Pros

The dashboard. All from one location I can see my projects performance across a multitude of aspects from social media, back links, position rankings and technical SEO just to name a few.

Cons

Righ now I have an issue with my Facebook always disconnecting with their publishing tool within an hour. contacting support guides you to an email where I would much rather have instant chat or phone support.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

The bundled aspect of all features. SEMrush might not be the best at some features but if offers them all.

Ian from Dragon360

A Great SEO Tool

I've been able to conduct keyword research for websites faster than I could before and find meaningful keywords to target and opportunities to grow organic traffic. This has resulted in better organic traffic to websites we've helped to optimize.

Pros

This is an amazing all-in-one tool for SEO. Whether you need a tool for keyword research, backlinks, or optimizing your website, you'll find all the tools inside of SEMRush. It's core features are definitely around keywords (tracking and researching the keywords that are ranking for a particular domain), you can use this information to optimize your site with the built in site audit features.

Cons

There are a lot of features and it can sometimes be difficult to find the exact feature you are looking for.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

The limits on Moz Pro were really low and the platform was not as robust and fully-featured.

Amanda from Marketing and Advertising

Worth the purchase!!

If you run multiple websites and multiple social pages- this is absolutely the tool you need to invest in. ROI is completely possible from this tool if you dedicate enough time/effort to using it to the fullest. The SEO tools alone have proven awesome for us and the social poster tool is just the most convenient time-saver.

Pros

I use SEMrush daily for SEO on many sites and for posting on many social pages from one place. All of the SEO (site audits, keyword analyses, DEEP COMPETITOR ANALYSES) and social tools don't just make my job easier- they make me better. I get insights from SEMrush I wouldn't have otherwise had at my disposal. It is 100% possible to see ROI on this product.

Cons

I miss when it was free so many years ago, but C'est la Vie. Now that SEMrush is a paid platform, they also offer wayyyy more tools and they are constantly updating/adding features. They have a pretty responsive customer support, but I have had responses take 1-2 days to get back to me. However, I can't personally say that this response time has ever, in any way disrupted my flow of work and when I did have a more urgent issue they were great about helping me quickly.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

SEMrush is better, offers more tools, and at the time we switched Mark Zuckerberg had just testified in front of congress resulting in Facebook's security being extremely tight. While Sprout is now a totally great tool, ultimately us not being able to tag any person or company on Facebook when posting through Sprout was what made us switch. However, if you just need social media tools then Sprout is an excellent option and I understand they no longer have these issues.

Paul from Wild Rosa

Extremely Comprehensive Suite Of SEO Tools For The Digital Marketer

We use the Keyword analysis and competitor analysis to help set future marketing strategies. The results of this analysis have helped us grow our online presence significantly. Knowing which keywords in our market to target, and importantly what our competitors are targeting and ranking for is invaluable information for our business. Using the monitoring tools available we ensure our site is always optimized by fixing any issues flagged by SEMrush immediately. For example broken internal and external links can easily be fixed when raised as an issue.

Pros

SEMrush is a very comprehensive suite of tools that covers all the SEO needs of any digital marketer. From Keyword research, Competitor Analysis, Domain Analytics, Rank and Project Tracking the tools from SEMrush provide all the SEO data marketers need to help devise future marketing strategies as well as monitoring exisiting projects. The quality of the data is accurate meaning analysis results can be relied upon.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve when first using the tools simply because there is so much data that can be accessed and tracked. New and exisiting users will need to invest a fair amount of time to learn and set up the reports to meet their individual needs. The online SEMrush academy helps to solve this learning curve.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Better value for money in our opinion is provided by the SEMrush suite of tools. It compliments other SEO tools we use.

Best comprehensive SEO tools for your digital marketing needs

We have learned a lot about our client's website traffic and how to better understand customer engagement using proper keywords to target for each respective industry. With the help of some of the SEMRush keyword tools, we were able to find and write about various related keywords to place within our client websites which in turn generated more traffic conversions. Google Ads analysis and keyword competition provides insight on how to create a niche for our clients. Not to mention, spying on competing businesses and their estimated Google Ad spend. We've managed to address ad optimization for stronger performance. SEMRush seems to be continuing to improve the product. For example, the On Page SEO Checker provides detailed analysis on additional keyword word usage and phrase usage to help improve pages. Although it is not perfect, it is definitely being improved and helps provide guidance.

Pros

- In depth backlink analysis reports and tracking on domains - Top notch keyword selection tools (keyword magic tool) for keyword analysis, volume and suggested or related words - Daily & weekly domain and search position monitoring - Provides enhanced traffic metrics which provides insight on spikes of traffic during specific timeframes

Cons

Starting off, the tools and analytics can be very cumbersome to understand. The tools take some getting used to and testing with to grasp a good understand of how to analyze website traffic, data and keywords.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Our business was set out to find the best tools for our match our digital marketing service offerings. Through multiple trial periods across various softwares, we narrowed down to SEMRush providing the best tools for our services being offered. From website audits, keyword rank and tracking and SEO performance metrics we wanted to ensure we provide our clients with the best solutions to help with their business website needs.

Ankur from Webslaw

One of the Best On-site management Tool with amazing features

Overall this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful, I thank the team of SEMrush who are adding such feature, Most of the time I don't have to look for other tools when I want some research. they are covering most of the thing related to SEO.

Pros

There are plenty of pros of semrush, I found many while using more than 2 years. my favorite feature of this tool is an on-page review, Backlink Gap checker and competitor analysis is the best reason to buy this tool. It gives you a better idea on your backlink strategy (How can still more links from a competitor and how you can build a new one). One of his features name as Keyword Magic tool is great if you are new into the keyword research part, it allows you to go into the deep by local wise, LSI keywords, etc. Position tracking also a great feature by which you can track the performance of your keywords daily basis.

Cons

This is the vast exploration of any tool, many of features and reporting functionality you can't understand still if you are an SEO's. So I think this is not everyone cups of tea especially you are very new into the SEO world.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Firstly I did a comparison of features providing by both the tool and me found SEMrush better than Ahrefs. Also, pricing of Ahrefs is higher than SEMrush.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I don't find all the things under a single roof, also all the data I don't find crystal clear data and useful.

Calin from SEO Werkz

I've used this in a few different positions working on a wide range of SEO campaigns.

It really is a great one-stop-shop for all your SEO and PPC tools which is fantastic. So if you're looking for an easy package to cover most all of your digital marketing needs then this is really about the best that you can do.

Pros

This is about the best all-around SEO software that you can find. It does a good job at about everything and doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. The competitive analysis is really the best reason to buy the software, it's comprehensive and gives you a good look at potential competitors. There are always new features being added and tested which is fantastic and gives the software good value. Some features are better than others, but the audit and competitive analysis really are fantastic. I've used the software in various forms including Business, Guru and free. The free version gives you a taste, but the full experience is generally worth the money. Guru is worth the extra money over Pro as it gives you branded reports and the ability to manage quite a few more projects. Exports and reoccurring reports are very nice and simple to set up. Overall, this is a great tool for SEO and PPC campaigns. If you need an all-in-one type software solution then I would recommend SEMrush as it's probably the most well-rounded tool you can find.

Cons

If you're looking for rank tracking then I'd suggest looking elsewhere, it's a little wonky and not as easy to use as other rank tracking solutions. However, if you don't want to buy multiple pieces of software then the rank tracker will get the job done. The software is kind of a 'jack of all trades, master of none'; so you'll be able to get by with just this as your main piece of software, but if you want something a little more specialized then you should probably look elsewhere. You might end up not using a lot of the tools because there is so much to explore, but most of the tools that are there are pretty valuable. Other than that, some of the reports need some extra interpretation if you are going to present them to a client which isn't optimal but is understandable.

Tarunabh from TD Film Studio

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

My favourite SEO Research Tool

SEMrush has all the features built-in, that are required for a proper professional level SEO research. Although the general opinion is that Ahrefs is better than SEMrush, but personally, I have found SEMrush to be the best suited for my keyword and SEO optimized content research. The layout and interface is neat and when I tried the app, for the first time, it hardly took me five minutes to understand the navigation and features, and I could immediately get down to my research work. SEMrush enables me to tremendous amount of research work, within a very short span, with impressive accuracy and very reliable result data. If anyone can afford SEMrush subscription, then there's no need to look any further for other tools.

Pros

My favorite feature of SEMrush is the ability to export SEO Research Reports in PDF format, neatly arranged in a professionally presentable format, that can also be archived and stored for reading and detailed research later on, because SEMrush can generate thousands of very accurate results. The Domain level organic SEO Research reveals very crucial information of any competitor's or personal domain - including very detailed and vital information like all the active backlinks, anchor keywords, trends, competitors' web pages and urls, and all ranking and top keywords from any given website. The Keyword research has one of the best performance, my favorite being the Keyword Magic tool that enables me to build a whole research campaign surrounding any given keyword with related keywords, phrase match, related questions, and so on. The SEO Content template tool is sufficient for doing any type of content writing and along with the Topic Research Tool, pretty much covers all aspects of building a professional SEO-friendly content around any topic and niche.

Cons

The prices are ridiculously high and even if you pay high fees for the Pro plan, you still cannot access to certain important features. So it's not an affordable solution for individuals. Apart from the high price, there is hardly any fault with this tool.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

SEMrush delivers far greater number of accurate and genuine SEO information as compared to Spyfu

Response from SEMrush

Replied October 2020

Hi Tarunabh, thank you for you review and your feedback on our pricing model! It is very appreciated!

SEMRush is an industry leading tool

I used to like AHREFs more, but I've come to trust SEMRUSH. I've used it for several years in conjunction with other tools. Although it's probably not the most advanced in terms of AI for things like content analysis, it's on par with most other offerings (most AI tools are still pretty shotty anyway).

Pros

What I like most about SEMRush is the ability to perform several key aspects of SEO in one place, KWR, technical auditing, and offsite auditing while knowing that the tool is comparable in quality to AHREFS, MOZ and other industry leading tools.

Cons

I'd like to be able to copy all tables from the site directly into a spreadsheet. It works for some tables but not for all. This would save tons of time compared to downloading and converting CSV files. The limitations on users are annoying and costly too, but not different from what I've seen from other SAAS tools. The crawl tool also doesn't allow a quick export of say, pages and page headings which makes using a second tool like Screaming Frog necessary.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Other tool was bulky (slow) and expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Greater capacity for projects.

Wow talk about an SEO applocation

I find something new everyday with this tool. However I will admit I still find navigating this tool tricky and the amount of features overwhelming.

Pros

I do like the organic position dashboard, the backlink audit and backlink requests tool, the content readbility scores and the keyword magic tool is kinda cool.

Cons

Not sure about the accuracy of the Paid advertising tool, seo audit tool and the reports are really not too robust.

Response from SEMrush

Replied October 2020

Hi, thank you for your review! Great to hear you discover new opportunities with the tool. I have also passed your feedback on the reports and UX/UI to the corresponding teams.

Eligreg from Living Group LLC

Industry: Furniture

A SEO tool for those who want to get things done

I got a taste of everything SEMrush can do after attending one of their great seminars (they're really good at content marketing and that includes events), that made me purchase the tool and I'm in a hurry to make my money's worth of SEO audits.

Pros

Everything around SEO and content marketing gets absolutely DONE. SEMrush really goes out of its way to help the user (and more importantly, every business owner) get the results they want with every single tool they can think of. From SEO auditing (in seconds) to Social Media Marketing, SEMrush is the tool to handle all your inbound efforts.

Cons

As a freelancer SEO consultant, SEMrush can get a bit pricey for the work I do. For businesses is great, but us the freelancers take the punch with the pricing, given the frequency of our income.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

SEMrush seemed like the most accurate tool for SEO audits

MOZ was getting pricey

Kevin from ExpertFile

Enterprise Strength SEO Management and Analytics

- for day-to-day management of my SEO responsibilities, this is the workhorse in the industry - build by a team that understands SEO and how the business operates - reporting is industrial strength and highly customizable

Pros

- provide excellent analytics tools for the three major areas of SEO: technical, content, and backlinks (reputational) - excellent keyword data for research and evaluation (proprietary database - not clickstream) - other digital marketing tools for social media and ads management in platform - other functionality and tools available with higher subscription costs: Google Data Studio integration; multi-device data views (and segmentation)

Cons

- price point is at the higher end of the market - learning curve is higher because of the number of views/screens/functionality; advanced SEO practitioners will understand the functionality faster

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

- scored better across the evaluation categories and criteria - full support and reporting function for all areas of SEO management - completely customized reporting (and delivery) - integration to Google Data Studio for online reporting delivery - independent data set for keywords; not affected by industry shifts in past 12 months (2020)

Response from SEMrush

Replied October 2020

Thanks so much for leaving your great review, Kevin! If you ever have a question about the tool, feel free to reach out to us via mail@semrush.com to set up a call with our internal support team. They can walk you through a specific tool or show you best ways to use it!

Peter from Immenseo

The closest thing to a perfect all-in-one solution

Research is huge and I'm able to provide a ton of helpful data for my clients and we're able to come up with marketing solutions together.

Pros

Being able to do keyword research is the priority. Finding topic ideas is a great feature. Keeping track of projects is simple. Backlink research and finding gaps. PPC research features.

Cons

The one thing that it doesn't really do is replace Google Analytics. Also, I really liked the SEO writing assistant when I used it early on. However, it is quite a bit of a price jump to be able to use it and it would be a better decision to use a different software for it instead.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Even though it's on the pricier side, SEMRush does the best job of doing the most number of things when it comes to research and providing valuable data. I've been a user of SEMRush for 5+ years now and I can't imagine not using it daily.

Response from SEMrush

Replied October 2020

Hi Peter, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools and can't imagine your daily work without them!

Nimanthi from Design

is a tool suite for advanced advertising the executives

This enables them to exploit those as limited time open doors just as to widen their gathering of people reaches. Furthermore, the arrangement educates organizations what individuals are buzzing concerning on the web for them to discover a subject they can turn and identify with their merchandise and ventures.

Pros

SEMrush is a tool suite for advanced advertising the executives. It gives proficient full perceivability into traffic originating from various correspondence channels and to pick up knowledge into the effectivity of their advertising approaches. As SEMrush gives significant commitment data, computerized advertisers are better furnished to position the brands they work with higher in the web crawler rankings and in the cognizance of their objective market by means of other media and strategies. In addition, SEMrush empowers promoting experts to pick up influence over their opposition by giving them profitable understanding into what their shoppers and prospects are keen on. When they have distinguished those points, they can utilize them in making all the more captivating substance. Exhaustive catchphrase looks into apparatus and area examination. Backlink following. Work area/versatile pursuit breakdowns. Venture based SEO crusade structure is particularly valuable. Catchphrase proposals and proactive SEO suggestions.

Cons

Needs watchword list the executives. A large number of its most inventive instruments includes still convey a beta tag. Competitive Advantage. SEMrush offers information into the SEO strategies of contending brands. The arrangement demonstrates organizations what catchphrases support contenders' web crawler positioning, for them to make a technique that can counter that. Vital Advertising With SEMrush, organizations can contrast their promoting approaches and those of their opponents. Thusly, brands can discover what makes their rivals prominent with the shoppers promoting savvy. This additionally enables them to modify their financial plans by revealing the advertisement spend and return their rivalries have. Extended Social Media Reach A major piece of buyers is via web-based networking media channels. That is the reason it is basic for organizations to be the place their objective clients are. These stages can be used to augment commitment and they additionally make it easy to quantify the execution of a brand's social technique. Strategic Content Marketing With SEMrush, brands can discover how famous they are among netizens.

Ray from Digital Krewe

Bang for Your Buck

As a small niche company serving clients throughout the USA and Canada, SEMrush has made us more efficient. We deliver as good or better quality data that larger companies, and still keep it personal.

Pros

SEMrush offers a lot more features compared to similar products/services. Keyword research and site audit is just the tip of the iceberg. The customized reporting is great for distributing to clients or potential clients. The writing assistant tool that connects to Google Docs helps us stay efficient. We also use the social media posting tool, which is a once bonus feature. Also, I started using the marketplace feature, which is an additional cost. SEMrush has the majority of features that marketing folks need.

Cons

There is not enough units in the Plagiarism checks (10) and Social profiles (50) for posting compared to the number of projects (200) in the subscription.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

We use Ahrefs, ScreamingFrog and SEMrush.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

We did use Moz Pro, but found that SEMrush had more features and it is more customizable.

Response from SEMrush

Replied October 2020

Hi Ray, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools! Will pass your feedback on units to the team for consideration.

Grant from Consultwebs

Full Marketing Suite

Overall a very powerful tool. Great customer service.

Pros

SEMrush has everything in one place. It has some great stand alone features like gap analysis, content template and writing assistant and the domain analytics we use daily for research. Then within a project you get a great site audit that touches on a lot of technical items, position tracking with several set up options for tracking via city, zip, etc. You can track mobile, tablet, desktop, organic and local. The backlink audit is helpful in keeping an eye on your sites backlink profile and the link building tool is helpful in tracking your continued link building efforts.

Cons

Set up can be a bit over whelming as is the amount of features. However, over time you will pick all of it up and continue to learn more. We have been using the tool for over 2 years now and I am still surprised by features I come across or different ways of using them.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

More powerful suite of tools.

Lauren from Fremont Motors

Excellent SEO software

I could spend all day in the software, and now that I have it, I couldn't work without it.

Pros

My favorite products within the software include keyword gap analysis, keyword magic tool, comeptitor analysis as well a position tracking.

Cons

It's only as good as what you put in. I wish the heatmap for listing management was included in the Guru package, or the packages were more customizable as I don't use half the features in my package but would like to add other extras that are more relevant to my scope of work.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

At the time, I was able to have more projects per $ on SEMRush.

Response from SEMrush

Replied October 2020

Hi Lauren, thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Jeff from Quick To Impress Inc.

An Absolute Must for Any Marketing Team

Overall, SEMrush is our go-to solution for SEO, content development, keyword research and more. Whenever something new comes along, we stick with SEMrush. It's simply the best there is.

Pros

SEMrush is amazing. It uncovers opportunities and helps you improve your rankings by offering A+ data.

Cons

It can be a bit complicated for newbies. Especially for those who have never used any type of SEO software or data analytics application.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

SEMrush is updated more frequently and has more to offer.

Mithil from TK

A must have audit tool for your business

It has been great mainly due to the added value it provides to my new business pitches and research.

Pros

features like SEO audit, competitive landscapes, and social audit are the pros of this product. IT is much easier to use than any other product out there.

Cons

Lack of customer service. I need to rely on blogs and communities to train myself.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

SEM rush was easier to use and less expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Ahrefs was too expensive for the kind of work we needed.

Greg from Two Creative Design Group, LLC

I use SEMRush to monitor the SEO health of all my clients.

From this one application, I can monitor the overall SEO health of multiple clients in multiple locations. I can run insightful, professional-looking reports to give to clients. And I can quickly research both their past history and their next steps. When it comes to SEO, SEMRush is the only tool I need.

Pros

My favorite thing about SEMRush is the keyword search tools. Even though keywords are everything when it comes to SEO anymore, they're still very important both for ranking and as an insight into a company's market share. I was an early user of products like Market Samurai and the Google keyword tool back when they both actually told you something useful. This isn't exactly like the early days of SEO, but it's close. You can search keywords and actually return quality, actionable data that you can use in your AdWords campaigns, on-site SEO, and Social Media optimization. Then once you've found the words you're looking for the Keyword Magic function allows you to drill down and discover long-tail and phrase match keywords. Whether you're looking for keywords to help you rank locally, nationally, or across the world, SEMRush is the best option for the money in my opinion.

Cons

I really don't dislike anything about SEMRush. If I had to find a least-liked feature, it would be the steep learning curve. Unless you have a firm understanding of SEO concepts and strategies, it's easy to get lost in there. That said, the reason why there's a big learning curve is because there are so many features packed into one application. Keyword searches are only the beginning. You can monitor your Social Media rankings, your backlinks, your online reputation, and so much more with SEMRush. There's a lot to learn, because there's a lot to use.

Tim from IQAir

Extremely useful, but sometimes unwieldy and expensive

Pros

SEMrush is one of the most comprehensive SEO tools I've ever used. It's a great way to track our keyword performance across many crucial terms for which we need to rank for our business success, and it also helps us track benchmark performance metrics like Authority Score and Page Rankings with incredible detail that helps us know what's working and what isn't.

Cons

I don't like that there isn't an option to purchase a single subscription for a certain amount of users; instead, one has to add users individually to an account for an additional monthly subscription rate. This puts SEMrush far and away in a much more expensive category than almost any other leading SEO tool

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Moz Pro was set up in our organization a long time ago by someone who knew truly little about SEO, so SEMrush gave us an opportunity to start from scratch with a new tool that had very useful and easy to use keyword tools in addition to numerous other tracking tools that have helped us improve our understanding of our organic performance.

Response from SEMrush

Replied October 2020

Hi Tim, thank you so much for the review you left us! Great to hear you enjoy so many features. We will also consider your feedback on multiple users option!

Franklin from Amplify Marketing Services

SEMrush is my preferred, go-to tool for market research

I've used SEMrush on a daily basis for over 5 years. It has delivered powerful insights that help us understand the competitive landscape so that we can delivery clarity and confidence to our clients about the best ways to compete. It exposes gaps in competitor strategies that our clients can benefit from so that they can outperform the competition without outspending them.

Pros

SEMrush is easy to use and provides powerful insights into competitor websites that we need to research for our clients.

Cons

I wish the data was real-time or at least updated more regularly. I would also like more options for local research. The keyword research isn't as useful as I would like, so I use other software to help with most keyword research.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Ease of use, powerful insights.

Response from SEMrush

Replied October 2020

Hi Franklin, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy our tools. We'd like to get more feedback from you on what you'd want to add to our Keyword Research tools - if you have a minute, please email/DM us in social media with your thoughts!

A must-have for competitive analysis

The experience has been great. I couldn't do my job without this tool. Customer service is sometimes slow to respond, but I haven't had to use them very much. SEMRush also had great tutorials and webinars to help anyone regardless of what level they are in in the SEO industry.

Pros

I've used SEMRush in my current and previous role and it's a must-have for competitive analysis and rank tracking. I use this tool daily to monitor my top rankings and keywords. I use it to see where competitors have lost or gain keywords and use this information in my SEO strategy.

Cons

While it's great to have a social media toolkit, it's weak compared to full-featured social media software.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

I was familiar with the tool from a previous role and other tools were too expensive.

Response from SEMrush

Replied October 2020

Hi, thank you so much for your review! Great to know you believe SEMrush is a must-have! We're honoured to hear this. Thank you for the feedback on our SM toolkit - we're currently working on developing it further!

charles from haven connect

SEMrush review

solid product and responsive support.

Pros

automated updates and breadth of product offering

Cons

having to manually sync google analytics data with multiple features within the product. the "integrations" article is a helpful workaround but this should still be automatic.

Response from SEMrush

Replied November 2020

Hi Charles, thank you for the great review! We can't access your Google Analytics info without your permission, this is why there are integrations points that you need to configure manually :)

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,370 reviews