All ShortStack Reviews

Scott

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Shortstack is Great

We use the platform at various tradeshows and events. It captures information of attendees and offers a clean interface.

PROS

After using a lot of different platforms for online contests, my previous company settled on ShortStack and it was a great decision. One of the first things I did with my new company was purchase ShortStack so we can run contests.

CONS

I really can't think of a con, you definitely get what you pay for.

Thanks, Scott! We're blushing over here! We're so glad you're loving the ShortStack platform. Thanks again for your great feedback.

Tara

Retail, 51-200 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed October 2018

Great Resource, Intermediate Ease, Kind of Pricey

When I had questions they would refer me to the help section on the website which was outdated. Overall, it's a great tool if you have the money. They have multiple tiers to unlock different functionalities which was disappointing. Charge one price and give me all the things.

PROS

This was somewhat intuitive to use once you get the hang of it. You are easily able to integrate your social profiles to push out your campaign. We did photo submission contests and it worked great. Created a Giveaway section on our Facebook page and promoted it from there. Great turnout with a little Facebook promotion behind it.

CONS

It was kind of pricey for what you are getting. The software to building out your page if very technically involved so my assumption is that is what you are paying for. The overall collection of emails and assets, such as images, is fairly easy. Would probably make up for itself if you are doing a larger giveaway versus some under $100 items like we did. That way you are more likely to convert those into entries, aka emails that you can use.

Hey Tara! This is super valuable feedback! Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about those Help resources - we're always working toward making those better. And we're always looking for feedback on our pricing structure, so this is very helpful. Thanks again!

Replied October 2018

Momoko

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed October 2019

A good basic software to create promotion

Despite having a difficult time navigating the page and not having some key needed features, ShortStack is a great platform for users to be creative and interact with the community.

PROS

I like that this software has all the basic functions needed to help create online application forms for giveaways contests, e-mail sign up lists, interactive quizzes, photo contests, or surveys, with the public. I like how it has different themes to help get you started on a new idea for promotions. There's also a lot of functions to explore to customize your page.

CONS

I dislike how hard it is to navigate on the site; even though there are a lot of great features, it can really overwhelm the page when they are not explained or shown properly. I had previously had to contact customer service many times in order to understand where each function is or how to use them. I also dislike how there's no function to add social media buttons such as to follow or like certain posts from Instagram or Facebook. Most of the time I want to use ShortStack to give exposure to our business instagram and Facebook page so having the functions and features to do so is important.

Hi Momoko! Thank you so much for your very thoughtful feedback. We take it very seriously and use it to continue to make our platform better. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to add buttons to campaigns to like individual posts on Facebook or Instagram. You can embed specific posts in campaigns - clicking on them will direct the user to instagram where they can like the post. You can use embed code to add a Facebook Like button to a campaign, but there currently isn't a way to add a Follow button for Instagram. The best way to do this would be to link to your Instagram profile with a CTA of "Follow us on Instagram", so, when the link button is clicked, your Instagram page will open and the user will instinctually click "Follow". I hope that tip is helpful for you! We look forward to working with you more, down the road.

Replied October 2019

Andy

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Shortstack review

Getting custom-branded landing pages and contests up is very easy. The email tool built into each contest provides us a way to layout an entire contest campaign while logged into the platform, which is a major benefit to us.

PROS

Shortstack offers a great drag and drog type page builder with several contest tools that allow us to run successful contests. The drag and drop type builder allows us to create very custom-branded landing pages that our clients appreciate and users love.

CONS

As you start to use the software, you quickly realize that you need to upgrade to one of the larger plans to access the features that make the software attractive for most contests. We have the $199 agency option, which is relatively high considering our CRM costs about half that per month. After 12 months we will evaluate whether the monthly cost for the service is worth it.

Thank you, Andy! We love that you're lovin' ShortStack and appreciate your feedback about our pricing. Thanks again!

Replied November 2019

Used more than 2 years

Plug & Play - Mostly. Enjoyed the Features

I used Shortstack multiple times to run contests around email collection and was pleased with the results. It was easy to implement and after a few rough starts, was fairly easy to construct a campaign.

PROS

After creating everything at Shortstack, it was really easy to implement on my side. I implemented a campaign on both Magento and Shopify with absolutely no problem. It worked well the entire time it was live.

CONS

Getting started for the first time was a little complicated/confusing. I wasn't sure what to do and had to restart my project a few times after not being sure what I was doing. After I figured it out though, no problem.

Thanks so much! We really appreciate your stellar review.

Mostafa

Animation, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

I really liked my ShortStack experience

PROS

hortStack is a versatile marketing platform that specializes in creating and managing interactive campaigns, contests and landing pages for businesses and organizations. Here are some key points about ShortStack: 1.

CONS

Versatile, specializing in creating and managing interactive campaigns and contests

Scott

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2019

The software works great, your target audience may not

So far, it's been great. Customer service was excellent both before and after I made my purchase. Software works wonderfully. I would recommend their service with the proviso that you need to target a responsive audience.

PROS

Easy to put together a promo, lots of templates to choose from, lots of different types of promotions to run

CONS

It's not the software - it's the audience that can be problematic. I've run 3 different refer-a-friend promos. One was pretty good, one was so-so, and one went downright terrible. Again, the software worked flawlessly! It was the audiences that really determined how things worked. You need to start out with a large initial email list, or a large reach with an extremely targeted message to get the audience you want to respond.

Wow! Thanks so much, Scott! We're so glad ShortStack has worked well for you (functionally speaking). If you ever need advice or questions about best practices, it wouldn't hurt to give us a shout (theteam@shortstacklab.com). Thanks again!

Replied January 2019

Emily

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed September 2020

Quick set-up and top-notch customer service!

Customer service was top-notch, especially during a time when many companies had to scale back personnel due to the pandemic. I received quick responses to my questions and a personalized walk-through of the software tailored to our time-sensitive needs.

PROS

The software was easy to work with and allowed for the high level of branded customization that we needed.

CONS

Our needs were specific to one campaign which has ended. I wish I could revert to the free trial without losing all of the data related to our campaign. We may choose to upgrade again in the future, but do not need ongoing paid access.

Reason for choosing ShortStack

Shortstack provided the level of customization we needed as well as the ability to set our campaign up for social media submission and form submissions with photos.

Thank you for this amazing review, Emily! I'm so glad our support team was there for you when you needed them. We hope to work with you again!

Replied September 2020

Rebecca

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Landline Pages Made Easy

I’ve had had really good experience with short stack so far, and I don’t know anything about computers or programming or making pages… It is a little overwhelming at first, but after playing around with it for a bit it gets super easy and you can save your templates

PROS

This has a great visual interface making it super easy to do basic coding and create your own landing pages and giveaway pages and ability to export the list if you upgrade

CONS

What I like least about this software is the fact that they do not have a phone support for customer service and I had to email people whenever I have a question, but at least they respond very quickly!

Hey Rebecca! Thank you so much for this amazing review! We truly appreciate your feedback. I wanted to drop a line here to let you know that we have recently implemented live-chat to help with all of your support needs. : ) Hopefully, that's a bit easier than emailing back and forth. Looking forward to working with you down the road! Thanks again.

Wholesale, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed February 2019

Be lazy and look good doing it

This program is cooler than a well-diggers butt. These contest and sign-up pages come out looking like a someone who knows what they are doing developed them. If you have a client that wants email addresses, this is how you get them.

PROS

The template system makes it so easy to wait to the last minute to do stuff. I can get a contest page set up in 30 minutes, then take it to my bosses and tell them with a straight face that it took 8 hours. The page looks and performs so good that no one blinks an eye. One time they actually applauded.

CONS

When you upload images you have to do the sizing blind. Make it so the uploader suggests the optimally sized image (either pixel size or aspect ratio). Not knowing the best size made things even tougher when it came to making sure everything looked good on mobile too.

Paul! This is the best. I'm so glad ShortStack helps you free-up your day, while getting you a round of applause from the higher-ups. We love your feedback about the image sizing. I'm throwing that out to the team to see how we can make it more user friendly. In the meantime, reach out to us in support and we'll send you our sizing guide with image recommendations. Your review totally made our day! Thanks again.

Replied February 2019

Kate

Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Stacks up to the hype

We have been using shortstack platform to create promotional competitions for seasonal campaigns which in turn has increased our sales during these times. Overall it’s a great tool and allows businesses like ours to not pay more for pricey developers we can do this ourselves for minimal cost but great results.

PROS

Ease of use, If you have some coding experience and can learn quickly this platform can be easy to implement once you get the hang of it. I could also adapt to suit my needs by adding unique code. Any questions I had were quickly and expertly answered by the support team. The framework of the design was easy to work with and design our own backgrounds and elements for also which made the end result presentation much more professional looking.

CONS

It can take a while to get the hang of the platform particularly if you are using sporadically. It would also be good to have the platform save all your data inputted without deleting if you don’t have monthly subscription - this would work better for us for seasonal campaigns as we only use 2 or 3 months but have to pay for 12 to make sure our data not deleted. The data tools also could be more refined ie it would be good to know which people clicked on which element within the design I don’t think this is possible atm from what I have seen.

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review! I wanted to let you know about our option to pause your account. You can pause an account for up to 90 days, during which time, you won't be charged the monthly subscription fee. It's a way to keep the data in your account without having to pay for the full 12 months. I hope that helps you out! If you have any more questions, we can be reached at theteam@shortstacklab.com.

Betsy

Public Relations and Communications, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed December 2020

Social Media Contest Launch for NonProfit

Great. I would highly recommend.

PROS

I planned a series of social media photo contests for my client, Greenwich Botanical Center, to help create engagement during the COVID shut down of their programs and events. We held two photo contests 1) Hydrangea Envy and 2) Dazzling Dahlias and both were well received and increase overall engagement in our social media and web visits. Shortstack was very easy to use without extensive software knowledge in this space other than creating simple websites. It was easy to use and there was ALWAYS customer support at my beck and call. Every time I had a question...someone ws right there to guide me and put me back on track. on the higher priced subscription.The interface with our social media accounts was also a breeze for voting on FB and sharing. I still have the subscription and now want to do regular contests for all of my clients.

CONS

My only issues were that someone with an IT background used software to hack the voting and gave themselves over 4000 votes by appearing as unique IP addresses for each vote. My other issue was I found it hard to really. be creative in the initial design of the landing page...but that being said it always looked beautiful for my client and looked professional. I did not ask for more assistance to go to the next design level ann maybe that is also available at a higher subscription rate...I did not look.

Thank you, Betsy! It sounds like your overall ShortStack experience was a good one! But sorry you had to deal with a cheater. That is never fun. We have a few resources on our blog that may help you combat cheating in the future. If you head to our blog (https://www.shortstack.com/blog/), in the search bar type in "cheating" and you'll see a whole list of articles. Thanks again for your feedback!

Replied December 2020

Reviewed April 2019

Great software for a space with very limited options

Overall experience with ShortStack has been great. In a nutshell, the ability to fully customize your campaign to how you like - matching your brand identity, and prevention of looking like complete spam - has been easier and more robust than other platforms I have tested such as KingSumo for example.

PROS

Generally speaking, the software is easy to use. Setting up a campaign, connecting an optional autoresponder is quick and painless. Exporting the data collected from entrants and selecting custom fields for forms are some of the most liked features across the board here. It is also nice to have the option to publish as a standalone landing page, or on your site - a feature we haven't found much success with on other platforms.

CONS

The design features are clunky and difficult to use unless you have a skilled designer who also knows how to code.

Thanks so much! We're glad ShortStack is working well for you.

Replied April 2019

jared

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Used more than 2 years

review

it works well when we use it, we do not use it monthly and the monthly service charge is why we will be discontinuing your services

PROS

this is a good product that is easy to use

CONS

the monthly service charge requires us to pay for a service every month when it does not get used monthly

Hi Jared! Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm so happy you find ShortStack easy to use. I also wanted to mention that we offer the option to pause your account, for up to 90 days, so you don't have to delete it and start from scratch down the road. If you have questions about pausing an account, feel free to email us at theteam@shortstacklab.com Thanks again!

Lily

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Used it for years

An easy, affordable solution.

PROS

Easy WYSIWYG designer. I use mostly for simple splash pages, some social contests. Have not explored the full functionality for a while, but I know there is lots more.

CONS

Not really loving the new design, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Everyone grumbles about change.

Thanks for this great review, Lily! If you need any help navigating the platform, we're always happy to help. Just send an email to theteam@shortstacklab.com. Thanks again!

Replied April 2019

Abner

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2020

Love this product!

I loved it so far! There is a learning curve but overall its pretty good.

PROS

It gets updated every time I use it, so it keeps getting better.

CONS

Instagram post-filters is a nightmare, sometimes I just want to select certain posts to display during my campaign and not have them update dynamically on the lP

Reason for choosing ShortStack

At the time, price, and features. Now its more money but we are locked into the 30 dollar plan. Now it's too expensive and not worth it in my opinion unless used for serious things.

Hi Abner! Thanks for this great review. For your Instagram posts, you can use the Approval feature in the Entries Manager to control which posts are seen in your live campaign. Reach out to us at theteam@shortstacklab.com for more info. Thank again!

Replied July 2020

George

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Perfect

PROS

I love how easy it is to customize our landing pages and then publish them. I also love the hashtag aggregator

CONS

The only issue is that it took my team a little bit to learn all the customization options

Wow! Thank you so much for this 10/10 review!

Replied March 2020