ShortStack Software Reviews

ShortStack Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"I liked the templates you offered, they were easy to use. They covered what I was looking for."
  • icon"The ease of use was most helpful as we entered into the contest area to promote weekly giveaways and attract more patrons."
  • icon"Integrates seamlessly with Facebook. Easy to export lists (entries)."
  • icon"Limited features, limited templates, unable to add multiple tabs or pages."
  • icon"Having to pay for additional logins even at the higher levels."
  • icon"The widgets are sometimes a bit confusing to use."

All ShortStack Reviews

Robbie

ShortStack Review

I used ShortStack for several years as part of a social media/community manager role for both brand awareness, product spotlights and related contests/givewaways

Pros

ShortStack makes it really easy for a guy like me with no design or coding background to manage social media contests almost 100% by myself. Designing, launching, monitoring and measuring the contests and their results was really easy thanks to the platform's intuitive workflow.

Cons

After a few years of using this software, the designer and I started to reach the limits of its abilities. Part of what makes it so valuable is how plug-and-play some otherwise complicated design/programming features. However, that templated framework has its limits, keeping you from realizing fully customized ideas outside that framework.

Response from ShortStack

Hey Robbie! Thanks for this amazing review! We're sorry you had to move along to another means of contest building, but, if it interests you, the Code Widget and CSS panel in ShortStack give you the freedom to customize campaigns however you wish. If you'd ever like to give us another try, we'd love to have you back. Thanks again!

Replied March 2019

Janele

ShortStack is the Best, Free Contest Platform

We were able to use ShortStack in order to gather user images to use on social media. We ran a photo contest where the winner wins free product and we gather e-mail and contact information from entrants and voters to use in future e-blasts.

Pros

I love that I am able to use this software in full for free. For a simple contest, we have free use of the platform as well as free support from the company. If we need to add features, it is easy to upgrade without a contract.

Cons

The software can take a little getting use to when it comes to design. There are design options within design options which can make it a little confusing. But you can always preview your design to make sure it looks okay.

Reasons for choosing ShortStack

Shortstack was easier to navigate and the support was a lot better.

Reasons for switching to ShortStack

Wishpond had glitches and did not take the time to help us.

Response from ShortStack

Thanks for the stellar review, Janele!

Replied March 2020

George

ShortStack is good, but has low limits on entries

Pros

-fairly easy to use -easy to scale up -the variety of ready made templates and the ability to customise them

Cons

don't like the fact that you are limited on : - views - entries i understand having a limit on the lower tier plans, but in the full plan, having limitations on the amount o page views and or entries on the account seems rather unprofessional to me. And this is a model i've seen to almost every software on the market that handles competitions ( i.e wishpond). They really should think about removing entry limits, at least on their full package, else if a company wants to create a high traffic competition and then replicate it, it will most probably mean it will need a new account..

Reasons for switching to ShortStack

same reason as the one mentioned in the cons section.. the limits. and it was to my displeasure i discovered that shortstack also had limits even on their most advanced plan.

Response from ShortStack

Hi George! We really appreciate your feedback! We always take customer feedback very seriously. In reference to your suggestion, we totally hear what you're saying! We offer Enterprise plans with no entry or view limits - this is something that can be discussed with our sales team. We're absolutely willing to accommodate as many entries/views you're able to acquire, but due to the resources these higher view/entry numbers require on our end, we have to charge a little more. Thanks again for your review!

Replied August 2019

Easy to use for competitions and lead gen

Very good for what we needed it for. Great out of the boxes features - and quick to setup.

Pros

Easy to Setup. Great for quick landing pages & lead gen. great to customise & email triggers built in are a nice touch.

Cons

Little expensive. Some functions look generic unless designed & customised.

Reasons for choosing ShortStack

We tried both. Few more professional style templates on Unbounce.

Shawn

December 2021

Happy since I signed up!

I acquired Shortstack to help roll out raffles and promotions the company I work for does monthly. This has made it easy to work with our website developer when needed to get buttons added bringing them to the Shortstack form I build.

Pros

The ability to be guided from start t finish with tips along the way is a great feature. This allowed me to acquire shortstack and teach myself how to use it, as the software is very user friendly.

Cons

Only thing I was having trouble with would be getting the URL set into a landing page with redirection. Maybe a bit more info on how to get it out and rolling once finished building.

Reasons for choosing ShortStack

Ease of use and instructions from start to finish.

Response from ShortStack

Thank you Shawn for your wonderful review!

Replied January 2022

Heather

Professional Look Without the Pricetag

Positive. A well-designed piece of software. I will definitely be returning if we do this promotion again.

Pros

I really loved how easy it was to build a professional looking giveaway. My giveaway was very unique (different clues appearing at different days) and I loved how I could set the entire thing up ahead of time and let it run, confident all the timing was correct. This took a lot of stress out of the giveaway week.

Cons

It was hard to track the entries through social media.

Reasons for choosing ShortStack

Pricing was better. Also the features better matched the type of promotion we were running.

Response from ShortStack

Thanks for this awesome review, Heather! We hope to work with you again on your future giveaways.

Replied August 2019

Tara

Great Resource, Intermediate Ease, Kind of Pricey

When I had questions they would refer me to the help section on the website which was outdated. Overall, it's a great tool if you have the money. They have multiple tiers to unlock different functionalities which was disappointing. Charge one price and give me all the things.

Pros

This was somewhat intuitive to use once you get the hang of it. You are easily able to integrate your social profiles to push out your campaign. We did photo submission contests and it worked great. Created a Giveaway section on our Facebook page and promoted it from there. Great turnout with a little Facebook promotion behind it.

Cons

It was kind of pricey for what you are getting. The software to building out your page if very technically involved so my assumption is that is what you are paying for. The overall collection of emails and assets, such as images, is fairly easy. Would probably make up for itself if you are doing a larger giveaway versus some under $100 items like we did. That way you are more likely to convert those into entries, aka emails that you can use.

Response from ShortStack

Hey Tara! This is super valuable feedback! Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about those Help resources - we're always working toward making those better. And we're always looking for feedback on our pricing structure, so this is very helpful. Thanks again!

Replied October 2018

Andy

Shortstack review

Getting custom-branded landing pages and contests up is very easy. The email tool built into each contest provides us a way to layout an entire contest campaign while logged into the platform, which is a major benefit to us.

Pros

Shortstack offers a great drag and drog type page builder with several contest tools that allow us to run successful contests. The drag and drop type builder allows us to create very custom-branded landing pages that our clients appreciate and users love.

Cons

As you start to use the software, you quickly realize that you need to upgrade to one of the larger plans to access the features that make the software attractive for most contests. We have the $199 agency option, which is relatively high considering our CRM costs about half that per month. After 12 months we will evaluate whether the monthly cost for the service is worth it.

Response from ShortStack

Thank you, Andy! We love that you're lovin' ShortStack and appreciate your feedback about our pricing. Thanks again!

Replied November 2019

Garrett

Great CMS, great customer support

Great customer service (thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT] )

Pros

Simple to use, diverse enough for multiple company/advertising needs

Cons

There are a lot of positives about ShortStack. Maybe more templates?

Response from ShortStack

Thank you so much for your positive review, Garrett! If you have a suggestion of a template you would like to see, please let us know at theteam@shortstacklab.com. We are always open to ideas from our clients!

Replied January 2022

Amberlee

Good Program for Basic Giveaways

Overall I am happy to keep using ShortStack. While it isn't perfect it gets the job done for what I need it for.

Pros

They offer a variety of different giveaway templates. There are settings that enable you to hide certain sections based on the date. You can export your entries. You can email confirmations to your entrants. There is a social share ability that gives bonus entries when someone enters off your share link.

Cons

Not the easiest to set up the templates. Would be nice to be able to save custom templates and template sections for easier customization. The dashboard has never loaded for me - spins and spins.

Response from ShortStack

Amberlee, Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you like using our wide variety of templates. You can save a campaign as a personal template! Within the Campaign Builder, select the name of the campaign in the upper left corner. In the drop down menu there will be an option to save the campaign as a template. Click that and and you you now have a customized template.

Replied September 2021

Fernando J

The most easy-to-use and powerful social media app for building audience... period!

Shortstack is easy to use, powerful, up to date, fast, creative... a great product for startups.

Pros

ShortStack takes you by the hand and shows you how to look like a real social media pro. It has a complete set of features that can put any small entrepreneur in the social media game without too much effort. Having the ability to view examples and even reproduce them is a very helpful feature that provides easy understanding of the reach and scope of the software. The edit platform is friendly and does not require any profund IT background. The free plan is already so powerful that anyone starting to use the app will feel fulfilled. As as social media consultant, I loved to know that Shortstack is now offering marketing automation. This a great feature that will take this app into a highe and promising level. I truly recommend small and mid size entrepreneurs to give Shortstack a try and enjoy the benefits of this great business support idea.

Response from ShortStack

Thanks for your compliments, Fernando!

Replied June 2018

Brent

Industry: Restaurants

April 2022

ShortStack Review

Overall experience has been good.

Pros

Ease of use. Real-time updating. Mobile-friendly production.

Cons

The type of contests are cool, but I'd like to see a bracket contest and more multi-layered contest templates.

Response from ShortStack

Thank you Brent for your awesome review! We are always looking for new ideas to improve our platform and services offered. Your ideas of having bracket contests and multi-layered contests will be shared with the rest of the team. You can also always send us your ideas at theteam@shortstacklab.com.

Replied April 2022

Candice

You'll fall in love with ShortStack

I've been using ShortStack for at least eight years. I've used ShortStack on my own as a blogger, and with four different companies I've worked for. I've had to write proposals on why I need the platform and it's always immediately approved. Beyond the platform - one of my favorite things about ShortStack is their customer service. I come up with crazy ideas and whenever I need help I can just chat or email them and I get an almost immediate response thoroughly explaining how to solve my problem. Special shout out to the support staff whom I've been working with for years and always manages to exceed my expectations.

Pros

ShortStack is the most customizable platform you'll ever use. From contests to landing pages to interactive quizzes - you name it - it can be built within the platform. There are even features you didn't know you needed - like autoresponder emails and entry hosting - even pop ups!

Cons

I have a really hard time trying to come up with a con for ShortStack. The one thing I can think of is if you are on a lower level subscription - you will have their 'ShortStack' branding at the bottom of your campaign. It's not a big deal, but if you are working for a very corporate company - you'll want to pay more so their branding isn't on your campaigns.

Response from ShortStack

Wow, Candice! We're absolutely blushing. Thanks for this fabulous review!

Replied April 2019

Randy

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Years of experience working with Short Stack

It's hard to remember when we first started with ShortStack it's been over 5 years for sure most likely 7 or 8 I would guess. I love the customer service we get through the online chat with a customer service person. I would give it a 10 out of 10 stars and I often recommend it to other businesses looking to customize contests or promotions they are offering online.

Pros

Super easy to manage ourselves, very intuitive design and options. Freedom to start from scratch or use one of their many predesigned templates. Customer service is A+

Cons

There's really nothing I dislike about it, often with I assume there may be a limitation just speaking with customer service we are able to find a way to over come any limitations. If I had to say something I would maybe say that our plan wasn't grandfathered with the options and price from when we originally signed up, that said I still think it really offers great value and if we had to step up to the higher plan to get the same features we had it would still be good value.

Reasons for choosing ShortStack

Shortstack offered much better customization, you didn't need to fit with in their tempalates. Now I would say that their customer service and quality of the product is what keeps us as a loyal customer. Love the fact that they are actively helping their customers during COVID to use their software better with user webinars, new features, etc.

Reasons for switching to ShortStack

ShortStack shortened the development stage, made it easty to get a new promo out with in a day and allowed us to easily process and respond to the entries. I would say it made my job 80% more efficient and it also increased the integretity of our promotions making sure that everything runs super smooth.

Response from ShortStack

Wow, Randy! We are so grateful for your amazing feedback. Thank you so much for this stellar review!

Replied December 2020

Magnus

Powerful but not for the faint of heart

After 10 years, I still keep coming back to it. I suppose that's a good review? We've used others as well but for some types of campaigns, such as advent calendars and quizzes, Shortstack is head and shoulders above the rest.

Pros

I have used Shortstack on and off for, I think, about 10 years. It has always been able to do what I needed from it and we have created some very cool quizzes, competitions and particularly advent calendars, which is what I originally sought out Shortstack for.

Cons

The user interface is quite proprietary and can be daunting to get your head around. Make use of the instructional videos and do reach out to the chat support which is always very helpful and super quick. Once you understand how it works and fits together, it's very powerful but do allow some time to learn - it's not the most intuitive UI.

Response from ShortStack

Thanks for your awesome review and your loyalty, Magnus! We're very grateful to have your business.

Replied April 2021