Browse SocialBu Reviews

Ama from grnblu

Rising Star Social Scheduler

Setup was fairly easy. Learning the platform was as well. It schedules my posts on time, and they look good. I am really enjoying growing with Socialbu

Pros

I love the IG story posting functionality, and private access to teams. Plus it is an affordable option. Their customer service is unmatched, they are quick to reply and are very helpful. They are always rolling out new features.

Cons

Response time, automations don’t always work. There are glitches that happen in browsers other than chrome. Plus it doesn’t integrate with Asana.

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

It was more affordable, for the amount of accounts I have.

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

I needed to schedule stories

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied November 2020

Thank you for your review. Glad to know you like it. We will improve it more.

Mary Beth from Allies For Health + Wellbeing

Easy to use, great features

I have been using SocialBu for several months now, and I won't go back to any other service. It's easy to use and extremely reliable. I'm very happy with my SocialBu experience and frequently recommend it to others.

Pros

I have recommended SocialBu in several nonprofit communications groups that I'm a part of. The thing that I love about SocialBu is that I can schedule all my social media easily, and the ability to schedule Instagram Stories that post automatically is FANTASTIC! I also experience far less frequent glitches than I did with other social media scheduling software that I've used.

Cons

I wouldn't mind having an app version so I can use SocialBu away from my computer, and I'd love to have more features for posting to Instagram - such as gifs for Stories.

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

Hootsuite was extremely glitchy, and I also was looking for a way to post Instagram Stories automatically.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It really means a lot to us!

Alison from New Message from God

Relaxing and clear interface, does exactly what I need

I chose SocialBu as part of a trial of 4 different social media management sites. For the cost it had what I needed plus more (automation is something I'll be exploring next). Also the customer service is very rapid and helpful, seems to be a solid group of people who are straightforward with their answers. Using Socialbu is allowing me to expand our organization's outreach at only a tiny increase in cost, thanks to their nonprofit discount. So far so good. I love being able to post rapidly to Instagram stories from desktop.

Pros

As someone who uses multiple (30+) accounts for daily posts, I needed something that did not require multiple calendars for each account, which many competitors had. I needed the ease of use for posting to many places at once, and for accessing instagram easily without an extra app. I like most: the above listed things but also the predictive hashtags, option for first comment, easy interface.

Cons

That video thumbnails cannot be chosen, that's really it for now

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

Cost, clear interface, did what I needed, and they are working toward integrating newsfeed targeting whenever Facebook will allow this, and and they seem to be aware of how to advance and keep improving to work with Facebook's changes. Edgar had great customer service and training options, but we did not need their post suggestions or evergreen content option. What we are promoting just wouldn't go over well with them choosing our headlines. Also they required an app in order to post to Instagram and it felt like a hassle. A/B testing was cool, but Facebook business suite can already do that. Hootsuite was expensive and also had unnecessary features for us, as did Loomly. It turns out Socialbu and Facebook Business Suite is a good combination.

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

They didn't work well with Facebook, all of our posts were lost on 3 different occasions, no predictive hashtags, team members had to have logins or admin rights to all accounts themselves, long route to post in Instagram, and they are just starting to seem outdated. No ability to track posts and assess what's working.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied February 2021

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Alison. It really means a lot. We will continue making SocialBu better for you.

Ed from Mervance

Industry: International Trade and Development

Great app - ease and effective

Amazing!

Pros

The ease to integrate into the social media channels and the smoothness of its operation. Other apps use to app some complications and troubleshooting; nevertheless, SocialBu is always functional, and I can strongly rely my business operations on it.

Cons

Wey the improvement of processes and increase of features. My interest goes beyond what the app can do today, but It is more about the road-map they have for it.

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

The overall functionality, integrity and price

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

Troubles, complicated and not always is functioning as they promise. It still being too premature and lack of consumers centric approach.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied April 2021

Thanks a lot for your review :)

Mary Beth from Allies for Health + Wellbeing

SocialBu is an affordable, easy-to-use way to manage social media

I have had a great experience with SocialBu. It meets all our needs for a social media posting platform, and I highly recommend it to colleagues.

Pros

SocialBu is extremely affordable for the nonprofit organization I work for, and the format is very clean and user-friendly. SocialBu allows us to tailor our posts for different social media platforms, and I appreciate being able to see all our scheduled posts laid out on the calendar.

Cons

Occasionally, posts will not be published, but this is usually a fault not of SocialBu but the different social media platforms. SocialBu's staff typically addresses this promptly.

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

SocialBu was less expensive and offered us more features.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied August 2021

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are looking forward to serving an improved version to you :)

Loren from SCA

This Thing Does Not Work

An absolute waste of time and total frustration. You know it takes many hours for anything to come full circle to see if this type of a program works and when it does nothing...its the worst. The entire point of this thing is so you can go on your merry way and do your work. Instead you have constantly check. You have to constantly try to get any attention with customer servioce. OMG. Its a huge battle. When ironocally, its a job like watching automatic sprinklers and these people have not grasped the automated factor that should be the spirit of this app or platform. I wasted days trying to get this thing to work. Let alone in any consistent way. Its the worst false sense of security quite frankly to think something you pay fr actually does its job. Its crazy how people can sell this as non open siource product...this is a total WIP)

Pros

I liked the thought of it working. The concept is great if it worked. There was nothing good about it because nothing worked. The only thing I could like is their description on their web site but that is a bold faced lie considering nothing works.

Cons

The cons are everything. There is no way, shape in you know what that any positive review here is real. If you tried to use this thing, you would laugh. It does not even come close to working. I have tried everything including trying it. Letting time go by after complaining over and over about how shotty it is. The thing barely saves. It barely posts anything let alone in any timely way. Its a crap shoot and you get so lucky if the thing posted.

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

If it worked, it would be fine. It supposadly should do what we need it to do and honestly, its on us now...we feel like battered spouses trying it...leaving for a few days with the hope something gets fixed...try it again...same outcome and lack of any result...leave for a few days..try it again feeling the same way...you know what they say about doing the same stupid thing over and over...This has made me crazy....I cannot believe there is an element that sells products that literally do NOT work. It blows my mind that is even a thing...

Lisa Renee from Lisa Renee Johnson Enterprises

Industry: Publishing

The BEST Social Media tool EVER!

Grateful to be in a place where my social sites stay connected

Pros

OMG! The ability to manage all my social platforms in one place is priceless! You can even schedule posts for IG Stories.

Cons

I've been using Socialbu for 3 months. So far, there are no cons. I'm enjoying learning all the things SocialBu can do.

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

One-stop-shop. All my platforms in one place

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

Very expensive and my platforms always disconnected and my content did not post as scheduled.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied July 2021

Glad to know that SocialBu helped you. Looking forward to making it better for you!

Pasquale from Increasily

A great social media management tool

Amazing experience! The product works very well without hiccups. Customer Service is very responsive and ready to help and answer any questions

Pros

This social media management tool has all the features we were looking for: client approval workflow, direct posting and scheduling of both Instagram posts and stories (plus a number of handy features like first comment on Instagram or first reply on Twitter), cost-effective plans with accounts split into teams and much more

Cons

One of the features that I would love to see is being able to create Instagram stories directly from the tool (along with adding GIFS, music, etc) rather than just scheduling

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

Sendible had become increasingly unstable. Every second day we would have to reconnect the Instagram accounts. It would also often give problems with posts not being scheduled. All considering the product didn't live up to its expectations and pricing

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied June 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We will surely improve it and make it better.

Lawrence from Media Managers

Industry: Online Media

Socialbu works

SocialBu works fine, fast and easy. The modern design of the site fits perfectly into my Windows 10 workflow.

Pros

SocialBu is software that is user-friendly. The dashboard is clear and modern in design. A big advantage is you can also schedule the video is the posts. And the shedule works great!

Cons

There is one point I don't like. Those are the tool tips, they can be removed as far as I am concerned.

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

Price, modern design and the number and which social media accounts can be connected.

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

I want it to work quickly. And that I can upload video in good quality in the post.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It means a lot. We are working to make the experience better.

Selle from Masterly Business Solutions

It's Good and Getting Better

It's been good. Fairly intuitive.

Pros

It posts to stories! A lot of platforms do not have this feature. The UI is lacking a bit but hopefully they work on it with time.

Cons

The UI could use some work. Most of the tools we've worked with in the past have a really nice UI, like zoho social, hootsuite or any of those others. No discovery area or content creation assistance.

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

The fact that they could post to stories was a big selling point for us.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are surely going to make it better.

Anna from The Muse Writers Center

Simple & Easy to Use (Don't need bells & whistles)

We are a small non-profit and got SocialBu as a lifetime deal. We are happy with its functionality, its ability to post to LinkedIn, which we are growing. We have several users and they all have been able to use SocialBu without much of a learning curve. Which is good, because we all wear many hats and have lots to do.

Pros

What I like most about SocialBu is that it is straight to the point with navigation and interface. I don't need 100 menus, I need something to WORK!

Cons

The way teams work, is a little confusing, but once I got the hang of realizing who was doing what, I had no problems.

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

I felt SocialBu was the simplest choice and the price was really great for our small nonprofit budget.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It means a lot to us.

CYNTHIA from Mezzo Creative LLC

Socialbu - good for small businesses

This is allowing us to effectively manage our social media presence.

Pros

Easy to use, and can schedule stories and posts. Also schedules to linkedin which some competitors do not allow

Cons

Can't schedule posting dates in drafts which means you never know when a post is supposed to go up. Also, analytics are lacking. Would like to see Hootsuite level analytics.

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

Socialbu allowed posting to linkedin and stories posting

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

Because Later didn't allow posting to linkedin

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are working to improve SocialBu.

Carlos from gestionplay.com.ar, compreprop.com.ar, compraloencuotas.com.ar

Industry: Computer Hardware

SocialBu Review

perfect for automatization

Pros

Easy implementation and RRS support for automation

Cons

Add multiple images + gps reference for instagram

Price

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied May 2021

Thank you for your review. We have a new update coming soon that will make it even better.

Kate from Elevate Media Management

SocialBu Review from Socials Manager Kate

Pros

The major factors that drew me towards use of SocialBu over other social media management/automation platforms are the features that SocialBu offers, which others don’t. This includes SocialBu’s ability to post stories automatically (no notification needed), to post video and carousel post, and their automation feature “if (this) than perform (that) action”. All of these features has made my life as a social media manager easier, and the content management for each of my clients more consistent, more reliable and more professional. Many of these features ensure we are able to make full utilisation of any social platform’s range of tactics, which has resulting in growth of sales and brand awareness as a result!

Cons

There are a few minor features I disliked about SocialBu. The process to add a new account seemed clunky - and this action was actually impossible to perform on the Chrome browser. Additionally, upload time of content can be slow, and bulk upload of content isn’t an option (at least for stories) - which means the process can be a little more tedious.

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

Better value subscription prices.

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

Primarily this switch was made with the hope of finding a “story auto post” feature.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It means a lot. Also, you can bulk upload stories: https://help.socialbu.com/article/123-bulk-uploading-stories

Tiffany from Shift Collab

Some great qualities, and some great potential for streamlining :)

I feel enthusiastic about the platform, but wonder if it might be a newer product still. There seems to be a lot of potential, but still some finessing in the UX. Great for the pricepoint though :)

Pros

I love being able to community management all the channels from one place. I love being able to schedule Stories AND turn down the opacity to make tagging invisible -- GREAT idea.

Cons

Coming from Buffer, it was very intuitive to be able to schedule & editing the content to multiple channels at once. ie, enter the caption, select each channel, then edit each as needed. I find SocialBu a much more laborious process. As well, I don't believe that hashtags are working when I'm adding in multiples using the text option. We wanted to optimize the Stories across many hashtags. I haven't found that they're clickable when viewing the Stories, which makes me wonder if they're actually functional.

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

We've ended up using both services now, because of Buffer's post scheduling ease.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are working to improve SocialBu and you will see new updates soon.

Gianina from Gia Macrohon

Great software - easy, affordable, and responsive CS

One of the most important factors to me is the responsiveness of customer service representatives. A few glitches, kinks, and cons are always going to be around no matter what software, those are understandable. But if you have great CS, that's what keeps the customers loyal and I'm happy that SocialBu's team answers my questions in a timely manner.

Pros

It was really easy to connect SocialBu with the social media channels I help manage. What drew me to trying it out was the ability to schedule Instagram Stories, everything else was a great bonus.

Cons

The software is great and the team behind it are very helpful, what I wish they would change is the ability to tag accounts on Instagram Stories using the Starter Plan. It will greatly help small businesses/firms like ours a great deal of time. Because I can't tag users/hashtags/etc, I need to manually post the stories that need tagging (which defeats the purpose of what drew me to the software). Other than that, I'm happy with it

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

SocialBu has more features at a more affordable price

The ability to schedule Instagram Stories

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

You can add hashtag, mention, or location to stories starting with the Standard plan. Thanks a lot for your feedback. It meant a lot.

Stéphane from Solartis Communication

The go-to guys for my automated posting to Instagram

Support is stellar, period. Regarding my integration need mentioned above, it was like having friends trying to help me out and that was an awesome experience. Besides that everytime I ask a question I receive a fully detailed answer that clears everything up. So valuable to me. Finally, during one of those conversations, I just found out about some of the technical things they are able to do ... and they don't even let people know about it.

Pros

SocialBu fulfills my need to automate posting on Instagram from an RSS feed. That's not a so common feature when browsing the competitors. It is reliable and works as clockwork. I had some specific need regarding integration and the support has been more than helpful to help me make it work. Actually I doubt I could have done it without them.

Cons

I would suggest that the queue (the place where the posts are stored before being published) be a little bit more flexible, meaning having the ability to edit the posts (those coming come from the RSS feed) before publishing or being able to change manually the order of the posts.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

We are glad to have you with us. Thanks a lot for your feedback. It means a lot.

Michael from Blue Portal Online LLC

Good software, great support

Overall it has been worth it and I plan on continuing using it.

Pros

Socialbu allows you to post to different social media accounts via a few different fully automate-able methods (such as via RSS feed). Once setup correctly, the software works reliably. The customer support is great and you can usually expect an email back within a few hours.

Cons

I wish there was a feature to automatically publish content to Instagram Stories and I sometimes have the issue of having content published on a queue that has previously been published, regardless of the fact that I set the publish limit to once per post. This only ever happened though when my automation did not go through to add posts to a queue, which led to there being no more post content, which then resulted in the queue recycling content I’ve previously posted.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It means a lot. We are working to make it better.

Eric from MND x MTR

The only social media scheduling tool I feel good about recommending

I've exhausted all of my options, researched every comparable tool, and I come back to SocialBu every time. There's no such thing as a perfect tool (yet) but these guys may be the first to get there. Amazing.

Pros

The paywall is actually fair. The features rival those of much more expensive competitors (4x the cost at least). It offers "Stories" posting which really sets it apart. The customer service is phenomenal and responsive.

Cons

No Pinterest support, no ability to post media to two services at once with varying text for each. This would be an excellent upgrade.

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

Cost, feature set, customer support.

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

They're too expensive, lack features, and we are a small startup and can't afford $600/yr for simple scheduling. SocialBu is the white knight of this space.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied February 2021

Thank you for your feedback. This means a lot. We will definitely improve SocialBu for you.

Bronwyn from xxxx

Exactly what I needed!

Pros

Price was a big factor in choosing this software - very competitive compared to other options, but selected over others because of three things for the package selected: (1) number of profiles (2) Number of posts (3) Calendar view. On top of this, they also offer some limited analytics for the package I selected which none of the others did. Exceptional value for money and their customer service rocks!

Cons

They offer "hashtag suggestions" but this is really based on what caption you put with the post, and really, hashtags you could come up with on your own. I still use an external hashtag source to get mine. Would be nice if a service like this could be integrated into the app.

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

Only 2 profiles offered and inability to have more than 5 posts scheduled at a time.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied August 2021

Glad to know you like it. We are working to improve it for you.

Dan from SpiralX Media

Great, easy to use product.

Pros

Interface is simple and straight forward. The product appears to be updated regularly and provides notices of changes in a non-intrusive way. Makes scheduling and planning posts rather easy. Post insights and monitoring work nicely and easily.

Cons

There is still a little more to grow, but the product is sound. To be able to bulk edit/delete scheduled posts would be nice (I may have missed where to do this). It would also be nice if it could recognize @ tags and attempt to add the tag link if available on each network.

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

Price and other user reviews made it the strongest choice over others.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It means a lot. We will surely make it better for you.

Sasha from i-linked.net

SocialBu Makes Post Scheduling Easy

On the whole it has been good, when I first started there were a couple of issues with link preview selection and posting to LinkedIn but the support team was very responsive and got it smoothed out within a few days.

Pros

Quickly Schedule posts for multiple users on multiple social media sites.

Cons

You can't post an image without putting something in the content field. I usually just put a period.

Pricing

Pricing

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are working on improving SocialBu.

Vincenzo from HYLUS Ltd

Industry: Furniture

Useful automation tool with few annoyances

great experience, would recommend.

Pros

I really like socialbu's Instagram story publishing feature, which is unique in its market. We use it for this purpose.

Cons

Separate upload can be buggy sometimes, however bulk upload does the trick usually.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are working to make it better.

Mick from Traffit

Great for people looking for their first social managment tool

It's been such an easy and smooth journey starting with socialbu. Good pricing, easy tool, great support. A no brainer.

Pros

Socialbu have a really easy to use interface and pricing that allows you to get started really simply

Cons

They are ramping up the analytics part of the tool. So they don't have the most robust reports yet but they are introducing new ones all the time

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

Price. Not that it's the most important for us, but we are growing our social efforts and we don't want to jump into $50-$100 a month costs to start

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied August 2020

Thanks a lot for choosing SocialBu

Shae Lisa from Shae Lisa Creative

SocialBu is Cool

So far, I have liked by service with SocialBu and would recommend to people.

Pros

I really enjoy using the software and the interface is user-friendly. Using this system is a time saver for my business.

Cons

When setting up accounts it can be frustrated because the software demands a lot from instgram but doesn't communicate quickly enough before changing the access code. The queue feature could be better. I'm not able to make an adjustments to texts for queued post. I would like be able to make each post a little different.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It means a lot. We are going to make it better for you for sure.

DShannon from Wilbur Rewards

Great Customer Service

Absolutely great overall value.

Pros

They are super accommodating and also very fast to reply. I can't applaud their customer service enough. I have never had difficulty getting a reply or understanding their help team. Bravo! It's also easy to use, saves time and streamlines social media management. Thank you!

Cons

I wish that I could post gifs and other similar items directly from the publish page. Otherwise it's a good basic way to post up messages, images, and links.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied January 2021

Thank you for your feedback. We will surely make it better for you.

We can FINALLY schedule instagram stories!

Pros

SocialBu has made it possible for us to plan + schedule posts for our Instagram stories, YAY!

Cons

Even though we can schedule Instagram stories, we don't have the options for the stickers + features, which is a bummer.

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

SocialBu was one of the only tools we could find that allows us to schedule stories, and it's worth it!

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We will definitely improve!

Amazing software and support!

Easy to Use and Great Experience

Pros

Exactly what I was looking for managing our social media accounts. Meanwhile, I have a business account easy to set up and simple to use. It helps a lot in offering sales and discount schedules for pages and saves a lot of my time. It is a great app for small businesses.

Cons

I am using the web version last 3 months but I’d suggest adding an app version too for getting notifications faster.

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

Affordable pricing and amazing features. :)

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied February 2021

Thanks a lot!

Trey from First Baptist Church

SocialBu is good

I really like it, I don't love it however it does what I need it to do.

Pros

The ability to schedule stories on instagram.

Cons

The bulk schedule feature is clunky and cumbersome to use and the lack of features in posting to insta stories

Reasons for Choosing SocialBu

The ability to schedule Instagram stories

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are working to make it better.

Michael from CMH Works

Best Social Media Management Tool for the Money

I would highly recommend Socialbu to anyone that wants to effectively manage all their social feeds in one place. It by far offers the most features for the money.

Pros

Socialbu was extremely easy to implement including set-up of corporate social media accounts, users and teams. The interface to monitor feedback and provide responses to people that engage is easy and intuitive.

Cons

I would like more options to stage social media posting ideas for team review and approval before adding them to a calendar and assigning dates.

Reasons for Switching to SocialBu

Socialbu was more robust in terms of features and functionality.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are glad.

michael from mj sport

Outstanding

Pros

Socialbu does everything you want at a fraction of the price of similar apps. Customer service is amazing

Cons

There's nothing not to like about this app

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied July 2019

Thanks for your feedback. Glad to serve you :)

Ian from St Andrew’s

SocialBu is beaut

Pros

Easy to use and simple set up. I use the automation which works well. And responding is simple.

Cons

I am happy with the software. There is nothing I can think of.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Cost effective social media management

Social media management for a small blog. Great value/money ratio. I would definitely recommend.

Pros

For $8 per month I can have 4 social media accounts and schedule my posts. If you're looking for cost effective and easy to use social media management tool, socialbu is the on.

Cons

I'm using socialbu for a very minimalistic setup and so far I haven't found any issues.

Pricing is super affordable

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied August 2020

Thank you for your review.

Eric from Orange Coast Solar

Industry: Utilities

Amazing

Pros

It’s so easy to use and it saves my team so much time.

Cons

I like everything about the software. No complaints.

Response from Glaxosoft

Replied September 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Glad to know.