• Pros

• "Easy interface, easy to set up, no learning curve, and their reporting is strong."

• "I love how it has so much template and content for content creation and marketing. Their templates are quality and great designs that are user-friendly."

• "The ease of use, features and functionality, customer support and the value are amazing. I've been using Sprout Social for years, and love it. I recommend it for anyone!"

• Cons

• "Would love to see more integration of paid Facebook features. Other than that, I have no complaints really."

• "My only real complaint about Sprout is the per-user price, but if your team only has a single social manager it is well worth the cost."

• "The calendar option is okay but could use work. I'd like to see a more organized feature separated by campaigns and an option to change the text for future posts. "

Browse Sprout Social Reviews

Jessi from Stay at Home Mom

One of my go-to SM management tools

Pros

Great user interface (I like it much better than Hootsuite's interface). Customer service is superb! Anytime I had any issues with using SproutSocial, their customer service was a chat or email away. Their customer service seems like a very small team of people, but they are very quick to respond and get to a solution. I've used SproutSocial for several different companies, both large and small, and it works great for managing it all. Analytical reports are clean and better than the ones in Hootsuite. My favorite features are the reports, social listing tools (You can see who's interacting with your company or specific keywords you set up) and being able to 'check off' messages or notifications that you have seen or responded to already. In HootSuite, you cannot do this and sometimes messages can be missed. Another favorite feature in the reporting is being able to compare your company page with competitors and see how you stack up agains the competition. Following/unfollowing accounts on Twitter is another great and useful feature.

Cons

There are a couple social networks that cannot be integrated with SproutSocial, and therefore I have to resort to also using Hootsuite. Things like LinkedIn Showcase Pages, Youtube, Vimeo, LinkedIn groups, Facebook groups to name a few cannot be scheduled or automated. SproutSocial covers the larger social media pages you need to manage like Facebook pages and Twitter. Because it cannot schedule at all social networks, I have to do most of my scheduling in Hootsuite.

Sarah from Speak Creative

The Best Social Media Scheduling Platform Hands Down

We love Sprout Social and highly recommend it to others. We've used other scheduling platforms, and nothing has come close to being able to handle our needs the way Sprout Social can.

Pros

Our team has used a variety of social media scheduling platforms, including Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and others, and Sprout Social is by far our favorite for many reasons. • As an agency with hundreds of profiles, Sprout Social makes multiple account management a breeze. • The scheduling browser is very easy to use. • It offers ideal posting times to help you optimize reach and engagement. • It offers a birdseye view of the month. (One of our pain points with Hootsuite was that this was not an option.) There are also many features that those who work with social media every day can appreciate that the average user might not, such as: • The option to schedule and create a new post without having to click into a new window each time. • The ability to download reports by platform and specific date easily and quickly. • The option to view data which allows you to see which content is performing the best.

Cons

I won't beat around the bush. It's pricey. Very pricey. If you're a freelancer or not using social media daily, it may not be worth the investment. If you're an agency working with multiple clients or if social media is part of your daily routine, a scheduling software that offers everything Sprout Social offers is well worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Sprout Social

Hootsuite does not offer the ability to see posts by month to effectively plan campaigns and upcoming posts.

Maeva from Quick Quack

User-friendly, needs more features

Pros

It's user-friendly and makes social media management so much easier by allowing to schedule posts and sometimes comments. I also like that they give warnings to make sure we use the best practices for each social media channel

Cons

The platform needs more features, like allowing to post several pictures on Instagram, schedule IGTV videos, and schedule stories on Facebook and Instagram. It's also complicated to add additional accounts to Sprout

Cassie from Basil Family Dealerships

Idea is great, follow through not so much..

I would say I'm pretty neutral about it. I was so excited about using them but if I could rewind time I never would have switched.

Pros

I manage 13 different social media accounts so I need scheduling software to keep up with everything! The majority of the reports on sprout are the same as you can find on your social media channel, but having everything in one place makes reports easier.

Cons

We have had some issues with Sprout since we signed up and the customer service along with the follow-through has been less than ideal. First off you have no account manager, the guy who signed us up washed his hands of us the second he got the check. I found this out when we were having issues connecting our Instagram. After 2 MONTHS, yes 2 months, of talking to support and engineers none of which could help us solve the issue we finally spoke with someone who had an idea of what was going on. After a couple of hours on the phone with him, everything was all fixed, except it wasn't truly fixed. The next day we discovered that since they were having issues connecting our business FB to our business Instagram they just created another business page for us to connect it to. So now we have a business page out there that isn't ours that we can't get Fb to remove. In addition to this major issue we have has small ones such as not being able to post a gif, and not being able to post multiple photos to Instagram through the desktop. It seems the more we use Sprout the more we realize it is not up to par.

Dan from Suburban Collection

Simple Social Media Scheduling Tool

Good.

Pros

Sprout Social is an easy-to-use product that allows the Beginner Social Media Manager/Coordinator the ability to save time and be efficient. It has a basic reporting cluster and overall, it's a good tool.

Cons

There was no drap-and-drop ability. This may seem petty but when you're scheduling 60-90 pieces of content per month, having to manually open each desired post to edit the date and/or time so that the posting doesn't clash with another post is quite cumbersome. Furthermore, when you have all of these posts on different days and at different times, it's hard to go into a day and recall which date had which post on which social platform at which time. Seeing all of this in a calendar view and literally moving the desired post and everything that corresponds with it, to another date is soooo easy and pleasant to the mind. The lack of a social queue was a major deciding factor as well.

Reasons for Choosing Sprout Social

This platform was selected by the previous person in my position and was the platform we used as I arrived.

Great for Posting, Monitoring, and Analyzing Social Media

Pros

Sprout Social is the best solution I've found for managing all social media platforms from one site, including LinkedIn

Cons

It could be easier to respond to social media comments. For example, you can't "reply" to a comment, you can only add an additional comment on Facebook.

Reasons for Choosing Sprout Social

HubSpot didn't support LinkedIn to the extent we needed.

RAY from ONE MEDIA MARKETING

Sprout Social

Very positive overall. Very professional.

Pros

I like Sprout Social because it provides an in-depth look at the social media profiles that it is being used to manage

Cons

Sprout Social is a fantastic budget but its just not in my budget

Chose a combination of Buffer, Hootsuite, Iconosquare and others

Nathaly from Enbaya Prepaid Meters

Industry: Utilities

Super Charge your Social Media

Definitely enjoyed the user friendliness of the platform and their support was also really great. I enjoyed the smart inboxes, competitors social analysis and scheduler. I would say the platform is easy to get into straight away and is easy to build a fell formed strategy from. Not much else too it. If it wasn't for the cost, I would have definitely gone with this platform and I'm still a little sad that I was not able to use the software just because of price. Definitely a Happy, Easy and Joyful experience.

Pros

Firstly. Sprout is extremely user friendly and simple to use. I honestly really enjoyed that all comments and direct messages from any platform are collected in an inbox for me to respond to as soon as possible and never miss a comment. This was very important to me and something that I could not find on other platforms. I also enjoy the Scheduler, which is important to be but similar to any other scheduler. The competitors analysis of their social media was very enlightening and brought a whole new spin to the game which I also really appreciated! The software has your typical reporting and listening tools, which is also essential. I would say that sprout is very on point when it comes to doing a cohesive social media strategy. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants One place to take care of all things social media related.

Cons

You can not control any Ad accounts from sprout, but you can engage with boosted posts and ad's once they are live. Hence, sprout will work in compliment with the original ad account. I also struggled with the fact that I was only allowed 10 accounts. We are not an agency but still need more than 10 social accounts. Their price to add accounts asked too much for us to beable to continue with the purchase of the software. We operate in South Africa. So going from Rand to Dollar is quite a big leap. Although the software has many lovely tools, the price just didn't equate for us. The only other tool I can think of which would be missing is SEO in terms of Social. Otherwise Sprout Social pretty much has most tools you would need from a Social Managing platform

Reasons for Choosing Sprout Social

Sprout was the the only one with competitors analysis as opposed to SEMrush., but SEMrush is more of an SEO listening tool than a social media management platform. Sprout also had the smart inboxes which were the most helpful to our team in collecting comments and message for quick engagement. Hootsuite was too clunky whilst Sprout was more streamlined and user friendly. Postcron is only a scheduling tool.

Kristen from Aventri

Keeps our global social calendar organized

We are a global organization with team members in both the US and UK who manage social communication for events. Sprout allows us to easily manage our social posting and approvals. With the function to put into draft mode, we can approve posts before they go live. In addition, the ability to post on Instagram is a gram changer for us! We don't need to have people posting on their phones and running the risk of posting on the wrong account. In addition, the reporting features allow us to see the impact our social communities have through our content sharing.

Pros

I've used Sprout for the last six years at my company and it is my one constant. Sprout is extremely easy to use and to get new team members acquainted with. I have seen the platform upgrade over the years, but the calendar function is probably one of the best features to see a full view of your social scheduling. In addition, the ability to follow multiple hashtags is a great feature as our organization attends many events globally that we need to keep track of.

Cons

I've had issues setting up my Google analytics tracking on here. When reaching out to support I didn't get the best response to fix it.

Kateri from wedu

I like sprout social a lot!

It's been great so far and I plan to keep using it.

Pros

I love easy it is to schedule posts across all platforms, especially instagram! I also really like their reports and, of course, their library of photos and the ease of tagging other pages in posts. the post previews are super helpful too as are the content calendars.

Cons

I wish I could schedule carousels and, in instagram, more than one photo. I also would like to see the tagging in instagram get to the same level as facebook.

Great Social Tool to Manager Multiple Brands

For the most part gives us an all-in-one social media management and creation tool. Perfect for collaboration and the structure of permissions and approvals helps on a team level.

Pros

Allows us to collaborate across our team with members in different locations. Love the notifications and ability to respond directly to social posts within the app. The ability to email posts to certain non-users helps, and being able to tag content types makes organization easy. The including reporting is robust and provides enough information across multiple platforms to make good decisions. The single inbox is ideal and is the reason we continue to use the platform. It's great to know if something was handled and by which user and the sense of accomplishment is there once you clear your inbox.

Cons

The listening tools are a separate cost and for our brands becomes too expensive to commit to. Which it had more feature built in like other platforms to scour and collect keyword mentions across other platforms (not just social).

Best customer service in this category, hands down. Big win with launch of listening product.

People seek out social media software primarily for automation. But that doesn't solve the workflow and analytics issues that social media and community managers face. Sprout enables us to load content and art into the automation platform as drafts, submit for approval and then automate posting. We also need a competitive edge as an agency, and using this software with the ability to provide more robust analytics than what is provided in the native platforms is a huge win. The biggest improvement we've seen to social media tools in general came from the launch of the social listening tool. However, the pricing model is hindering us from being able to use it. Big bummer. And it can be fixed. We hope you will consider applying the agency model pricing structure that exists for all other functionalities to this particular function. It's essential for us to be able to incorporate it into our new biz process and the current cost structure is preventing us from doing so. Please help!

Pros

The agency model sold us. Big win to invite larger groups rather than paying by the "seat" as previous models and other services demand. The approval process and analytics go beyond what is available in the native platforms which is essential for business use. The social listening is what we've been waiting for--and will be instrumental in our relationship moving forward. With that said, there is a caveat, listed below.

Cons

The social listening is amazing. However, the sales model is seriously flawed. Our clients will not pay every month for each social listener. Moreover, our agency needs to use this as a way to earn new business. We have many pitches in process at any time and it's not feasible for us to pay every month per listener. As such, this amazing service is not available to us on the scale it needs to be. Please come up with a better pricing model so we can use and sell this service. As it stands now, only the really big agencies will be able to afford it. You need the mid-sized agencies like us (about 50 employees). Just like the agency model sold us by not having to pay by the seat, we can't pay per listener. If you made that available to us, say 3 listeners per client in our agency model, that would be a win. It would limit the number so you could up-sell in those cases where big companies want to listen for a lot of different indicators, but it wouldn't prohibit the broader use of the tool for the masses--which will drive significant growth. Additionally, this is a huge differentiator for your business. If you make it out of reach for most clients, you loose your edge. Help us. Help yourselves. Give us this tool! And give it to us in a way that our clients will pay for it.

Abigail from EDG & Atelier - Project Managers, Architects & Interior Design Consultants.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simple SM manager with superior Analytics feature

I discovered Sprout Social through a Facebook ad. Before deciding to take the trial, I read some of the reviews here and on Capterra and my expectations soared and became somewhat unrealistic to be honest. The pricing threw me off because $99 monthly seemed kind of steep given the features. Nevertheless, I had nothing to lose by trying it out so I decided to signup for a trial. I’ve used/currently use Hootsuite, Buffer, Swift Social, Kontentino, and many other social media managers, so I had a lot to compare Sprout social with. Sprout social is easy to use, the layout is fairly simple and uncomplicated, the dashboard is somewhat of a mix between Social pilot and Kontentino, so are the features. My favorite features are the Smart inbox and the Sprout queue. The social queue is similar to Hootsuite Auto schedule function. The RSS function in the feeds tab is also really nice as I was able to connect it to my Feedly account. A major use of this is the post via RSS function, which I used to auto tweet blog posts from influencer blogs in my niche. The Asset Library is also an amazing feature as it is a great way to store images for future use. The discovery tab shows suggestions on accounts to follow and unfollow, people who have conversed with, and people who mentioned you in a post. Sprout social is a great social media manager, however, It doesn’t seem all that superior to Hootsuite or Swift social. Considering the cost, I expected more out of it. Which I’m aware is rather ridiculous. I will say this though, the “Reports” function offers a variety of important stats such as: Group reports, Twitter profiles [For tracking profile performance to determine the impact of twitter content], Twitter comparison, Twitter listening, Facebook page report, Facebook competitors, Engagement reports, Team reports, Task performance, Trends, Instagram profile analysis, LinkedIn page, Tag report, Google analytics and Sent messages. To me, Sprout Social’s unique feature is its analytics function. No other SM manager, except perhaps SMHack, has such powerful and detailed social media analytics.

Pros

The Digital Asset Library The Analytics feature The RSS feature can serve as a social media content generation tool. Easy UI

Cons

The pricing is rather steep. There are other SM managers with more powerful features which could prove to be a better substitute to Sprout Social. MavSocial has a better Asset Library feature, SMHack provides just as detailed analytics, Swift social has powerful RSS feature, and Hootsuite is cheaper, has an automatic scheduling function, as well as one of the easiest SM Managers to use due to the numerous tutorials online and it's inbuilt mini-tutorial.

Heather from The Agency Marketing Group

Marketing Agencies and Sprout Social

Overall, we much prefer using Sprout Social vs. Hootsuite. Hootsuite seemed out of date and not nearly as easy to use as Sprout. We switch to Sprout Social 3 years ago and have never had the desire to switch back.

Pros

The ease of use to schedule content is the best part about using Sprout Social. It's also very easy to add new accounts and take accounts out when necessary. I work at a marketing agency so we write and manage tons of content for our clients, so it's important to be able to switch from client to client easily, and switch from platform to platform (FB to IN to TW). Sprout Social does a great job with that.

Cons

Sprout Social will have glitches from time to time where content is not pushed out at all or incorrectly. They have sent emails addressing the issues and assured the costumers that they're working to fix all issues but every once in a while we still run in to the occasional glitch.

Kim from BlueFrog Media

Sprout is really user friendly, from both an interaction point and management. Good blogs too!

Using Sprout along side another platform for a different client (their choice) the overall functionality of Sprout is really clear! It is much faster and user friendly.

Pros

Sprout is great for interactions. Having over 1000 pages to look after means we need to be able to access specific pages quickly, and view messages for just the one page in a set profile group - this is really easy with Sprout! In terms of quality reviewing responses from a management point of view, it is great - you can see full threads and who did what. For reporting, you can tailor reports for each clients needs. After using an alternative platform, Sprout is MUCH faster all round - finding interactions and, general interaction in terms of loading and sending messages. In regards to task management, it is really good at making sure that you keep on top of things, as you can add an internal note which is front facing when you click into your tasks. The updates are also handy, as you can now select oldest to newest or newest to oldest - when there is a large number of incoming interactions it means there are less loading issues.

Cons

Sometimes there are bugs, which can cause functionality issues (but this does happen with all software). Because we are a UK company, and Sprout's support team are in the US it does mean that we have to wait until the afternoon on our time for any additional information - although you are able to log the error you are experiencing.

Eileen Moran from SoloSegment

Nicer interface than Hootsuite

It puts all our social media profiles in one place for the small businesses that we manage. We can run customized reports that show the analytics for single or multiple profiles to see which posts are the most engaging and our follower/friend counts. Replying to questions or messages is easy to do right in Sprout. It streamlines what would be a cumbersome process of monitoring profiles for about 15 profiles on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. You can also see the feeds of handles you follow to find and reply to posts on Twitter.

Pros

Sprout lets you add multiple profiles from multiple platforms and schedule social media posts at whatever times you want or using a queue with times set by you. The listening stream can be customized so that you can choose whatever profiles/hashtags you want to see at that time. You can reply, assign posts, forward posts, retweet, retweet with comments all from the news stream. It works well with Zapier for RSS automatic posting of blog posts also. We started using it about 7-8 years ago, and the price has not changed for us, so it's a very good value for our money. The dashboard is easy to use and has multiple types of views, like calendar, so you can see if you have a lot of messages bunched up and spread them out. Support is good and the Sprout All Stars Slack group is another souce of information. Over time features have changed because of changes to Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn, but Sprout has consistently improved the platform and added or revised features as needed. It's a great tool for small/medium businesses. You can mark messages as read/done to get them out of the stream.

Cons

Sometimes the software logs you out when no one else is trying to log in. It can also sometimes seem like a post has not been scheduled but when you refresh the page, it is there. It works better with Twitter than Facebook or LinkedIn, so if those are your main platforms you may want a different tool. I think the issue may be more with FB and LI changing their rules than Sprout.

Lori Ann from Social Me Multimedia

Sprout Social Expanded Tools and Metrics Reporting

Anytime I have had a technical issue (and there have only been a few in the past nine years) their customer support team was responsive, friendly and efficient at fixing the problem. Each member has their own dedicated account manager, which feels nice. Such a great company, and perfect tools for digital content management.

Pros

I have been using Sprout Social daily, since 2010 as a freelance marketing professional. I manage several B2B and B2C accounts, and had previously used Hootsuite. The dashboard in Sprout Social has every possible automation, scheduling feature and content research resource you could imagine. From social listening via #hashtag keywords, to suggestion content from over 30 industry specific niches. My clients love the metrics reports, and I love that I can brand them quickly and easily to my own agency. If you are a content marketer, you have to try Sprout Social. It has saved me well over 15 hours per week for more than nine years.

Cons

I wish they had an auto-scheduler for Instagram. Other software companies have specialized in scheduling posts for IG and IGTV, but this isn't available in Sprout Social. I think this is the only thing that is missing from this amazing software.

Rob from Knights Circle

Love Sprout! I knew nothing and Sprout helped, greatly!

I took over a Student-Housing Apartment community a couple of years ago and found myself having to handle social media all by my lonesome. I knew enough to know that Twitter/FB/Instagram, etc... were all completely different platforms that required different strategies, but I needed something that would help me manage to post at various times/days - especially when I was home (weekends). I discovered Sprout.Sprout was SO much more intuitive and helpful. As someone with moderate social media savvy and perfect computer literacy, Sprout made vastly more sense for my needs. I added team members I could allow to post or schedule posts. I could set up tweets to go out on campus orientations so I could pop up in the feeds of those searching for apartments. It was a godsend. I couldn't begin to fathom doing it any other way. On the plus side, I increased my own twitter following by a few hundred people just by setting quotes to post at random times/days throughout the year. I was always the worst about tweeting, but this lets me look like an accomplished tweeter, without the investment in time around the clock. Why would I care? In this brave new world, being socially savvy goes a long way in interviews - having followers bolsters my street cred, so to speak.

Pros

Ease of use. Super intuitive. Far better than Hootsuite.

Cons

Honestly, struggling to find anything I don't like. I never attempt paid ads through FB or Twitter, but I don't recall if Sprout would facilitate those.

Shannon from Greater Iowa Credit Union

Improvements and Satisfaction from a Graphic Designer/Content Specialist

It has been great to consolidate all our social media to one spot. It saves time in planning and gives us the ability to track data, which is the most valuable feature for us. Too many great things to say. Always appreciate the drive for continuous improvement of Sprout Social. I think staying on top ever-changing social features and trends sets Sprout apart.

Pros

So many great features and usability! Truly the the most innovative tool for social media on the market.

Cons

- It would be nice if when you select multiple social media profiles to post to at the same time it would automatically post to the most optimal time for each instead of averaging the time of all of them. - If we have a piece of content that we really want people to see, it would be nice to know optimal send time over a given week instead of only being able to see optimal send time on one given day. Maybe it is a a stat that shows up on your dash board like "the best time to post this week is: Thursday at 12:05 PM." Optimal send times could be its own page or report. - It would be GREAT if you could see a breakdown of business demographics vs personal profile demographics. I think our demographics for Twitter are inaccurate, because most of our followers are businesses/organizations and automatically assign a male gender and random age when they create their profile. - It is not clear in your "Always up-to-date" specs for LinkedIn the exact size of an image when you post it. - Exact image specs for social is kinda confusing. It looks like Twitter's in-post preview doesn't match the specs - graphics get cut off. Also, it looks like Twitter and Facebook also previews different content sizes in addition to what is listed on your specs pages. For example, in-post square images show up on Facebook and Twitter without getting cut off. It would be nice to know all the different sizes each social media sizes that are offered as they change.

Eduardo from Altavista Studios

Industry: Publishing

Very helpful to measure brands growth and to create brands strategies

We've been working at the agency with the software by 2 years ago and is very useful. We like that in the same platform, we can respond messages, measure the brands growth and schedule the content every month. Features like keyword and tendencies help us to have a real time communication with our client's followers and to create fresh content.

Pros

I like the feature that the software allow me to view and respond received messages from different accounts in different platforms in one feed with the option to apply a filter and view only the messages received in the last 24 hours. This feature maintain the feed organized. Another great feature is the profile comparisson in the different platforms, which is very useful to measure the agency's clients growth. This feature help us to design and improve the brands strategies. Nowadays communication in real time is very important, so the twitter's keyword feature, allow us to listen what are our client's followers talking about in the web, so we can take this insights to generate fresh content that attend their needs and create a feeling of loyalty between the brands and them.

Cons

I don't like that sometimes there are errors with the platforms (Instagram mostly) that doesn't allow to publish the scheduled content. I don't like to do twice an activity that should be done only once.

Nickolas from AdTorque Edge

Scheduling made easy.

We used to spend hours creating a content schedule for our clients to then have to upload and schedule each day manually once approved. With sprout, we have the ability to create drafts and schedules in the publishing platform and send it straight to the client for approval, once approved it's a click of a button and all the posts are scheduled. Our clients love having well laid out reports sent weekly to see how the page is performing and also the ability to whitelist them is amazing.

Pros

This software has continued to impress me the longer i have been with it. What continues to impress us is the scheduling, and calendar which is easily to export and send through the clients. It looks great and clients can easily see which dates, and platforms posts will be scheduled in. The new addition on optimal post times when scheduling has really seen an increase in engagement rates and the weekly reports that are being sent out really help our clients, and also ourselves get a better picture on how the page is performing.

Cons

One thing that i think they could improve on is their interface a tiny bit. When selecting a page to filter the publishing calendar by, when you select to publish it will default to the last page you published with and not the one you have selected on the side. It's a small issue but i think it could improve the speed of publishing significantly.

Román from Eurostar Mediagroup

Delightful

Sprout Social has simplified, automatized and organized our work with middle and huge social media communities. We are delighted and strongly recommend it.

Pros

The smart inbox is Sprout Social defining feature. It sets Sprout Social apart from its competitors. You can manage every type of interaction (direct messages, mentions, likes, comments, replies, etc.) of all your social media profiles in one single feed which integrates functions as important as task assignment to members of your team. The smart inbox can be "splitted" into as many inboxs as necesary, depending on your needs, the size of your team, or just for getting more organized your social media feeds and timelines.

Cons

The listening features are in a transition period after Sprout Social has acquired Simply Measured. I understand they're integrating both platforms but the "deep listening" features are not available as of July 2018. Having said that, the "Reports" feature is more than enough for providing the metrics and analytics you need in your day to day work. Also, when you're working with teams of more than five or ten people, you'd like to see a thumbnail pic of them to assign tasks and stuff like that. Well, Sprout only allows the teams members to upload their personal pics through a external WordPress-based platform, Gravatar, which is a bit annoying (we're used to upload profile pics directly from our computers files). It's a minor setback, though.

Social Media accounts rolled into one package

Not everyone likes to use social media but most understand the value of it so using Sprout can help get the word across all the different social media platforms at once with minimal to technically no time actually spent on the individual social media sites themselves. Most importantly, it helps get the job done more efficiently and will give you a clear picture of how your social media presence is doing, which can help you figure out how to improve and where to focus your attention more.

Pros

It gives the ability to post to all social media accounts in one step. This saves a lot of time for businesses that want to promote the same things across several platforms. It's easy to select or deselect the accounts you want to include for any post and it gives detailed analytics for everything in one place.

Cons

Accounts sometimes get disconnected for no explainable reason and it just becomes an inconvenience to check and reconnect when you are using the software to make things easier. There are also limitations on formats and features that you might be able to control better directly through the social media platform itself so if you use those a lot, it defeats the purpose of having Sprout.

Kelsey from TreeUmph! Adventure Course

Sprout Social is the easiest and most intuitive way to monitor multiple social media channels

Saves tons of time by having all notifications for all social platforms in one place, saves even more time by letting you respond to them as needed directly from Sprout, helps me stay organized by allowing me to archive completed notifications, scheduling for all platforms and a hybrid scheduling option for Instagram (which is amazing), intuitive analytic reports that are easy to read and understand

Pros

Smart Inbox: this is the best feature I have come across in social monitoring platform. You choose what results you want to see and it shows you all of them from every platform you choosing in one convenient space, and allows you to respond to any comments/messages, follow back, like, delete, etc. without leaving Sprout's website. I have never had a notification slip through the cracks and it helps immensely with interacting with people on multiple channels

Cons

They are a little slow on offering features to utilize updates on social media platforms. They almost always eventually add features, but a nice compromise would be to put out an article or email saying "we know about the update, here's what you need to know, we're working on implementing it on our platform".

Lisa from Staffing

It just works. No learning curve.

They've literally gotten this down to the least amount of clicks and mental energy I need to expend to approve social media posts.

Pros

I'm the social media approver and occasional scheduler for my organization, and I prefer Sprout to any of the other tools we tried. The user interface highlights the things I need and downplays the things I don't. It just works, and there's virtually no learning curve. They must've invested a lot creating a terrific UI/UX because you don't notice it -- it's just easy to do your job with the least possible actions and no distractions. My favorite feature is that any approval email I get takes me to a page with all the outstanding approvals -- when we used another platform without this feature, I sometimes forgot to approve a post.

Cons

A very tiny downside: When I modify a post and save it, it drops to the bottom of the publishing queue so I have to remember that I already checked the text. This is typically one minute later after I've approved the other posts, or I could just scroll the bottom to find it. It's possible I'm just doing this wrong.

The most intuitive, useful social media management tool I've used

Pros

Sprout Social combines all the tools I expect to find in social media management software - post scheduling, advanced search/listening, analytics - into an easy-to-use dashboard that makes day-to-day management about as simple as possible. I helped introduce the tool to a team of about 100 people, and training others was easy given the straightforward interface. My favorite feature is the Smart Inbox, which lets you keep tabs on every mention/retweet etc. and take action or do further digging into the people who connected with you. I also appreciated the post scheduling tool (especially the embedded image editing and the Sprout Queue with automated scheduling) and reporting that made it easy to pull data and quickly re-share my most effective messages. My experience with the customer support team was very positive - there was always a quick response to my questions about new features or issues I was having.

Cons

While I appreciate the tool's focus on simplicity with a single-column stream, I do sometimes wish that there were an option to customize views to get more information at once. The tool can sometimes require a lot of scrolling. Also, the cost to add new users can be prohibitive - in general this is a much more expensive tool than some others with similar basic features. In my mind it's worth the investment for larger organizations due to its ease of use and reporting features.

Todd from Reputation Rhino

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great Reporting and Social Media Management Suite for Agencies

Overall, SproutSocial is easy to use and there is not a steep learning curve for users. I have been using SproutSocial for 5+ years and would not look elsewhere for our agency's needs.

Pros

I think the Reporting looks highly polished and professional for presenting to clients. For Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter it offers an excellent scheduling and social media management solution.

Cons

I think the price is prohibitive for small businesses, and the software is more geared toward agencies. I also wished there was integration with Pinterest and YouTube.

Katie from The Marine Mammal Center

A Killer Deal Needing A Few Tweaks

Overall, the software is a killer deal and easy to pick up and use. I do feel like there's more I can be doing with the software than I currently am, but it's hard for me to know what all is in there.

Pros

I work for a non-profit, so this software is a great value for the features it offers. It is fairly intuitive and easy to pick up quickly. I like the calendar view, and I like being able to comment on posts that are being drafted to communicate with my coworkers.

Cons

There are a few weird quirks it would be great to fix, if possible. Having to manually post the multi-picture instagrams leaves a larger margin for human error (I realize this is mostly instagrams fault, but is a consistent issue I have). While I love being able to message my coworkers in sprout, the notification feature for this could use some improvement. Instead of spamming inboxes (why do I get an email when I make a comment..?), it would be great to have red notification flags within the software (I use a desktop, maybe this is available on the app?), so anytime my coworkers log in they can see it. I also find it frustrating that I need to constantly refresh in order to see the most up to date calendar/drafts. We have many marketing team members, so being able to have it auto refresh would be helpful in keeping up with what is most up to date. I wish I was able to send comments when I send a post for approval (ie. Need to add a picture, should we schedule this for xx date, I'm having trouble with this sentence, how would you phrase it, etc), since the notifications on post comments isn't great and my manager doesn't always see them. Lastly, the desktop version has an outdated emoji keyboard available - would love to see it offer all the emojis you can get on your phone.

Ginger from BrandStar

We LOVE Sprout Social!

From the beginning, the Sprout team that has worked with us has been friendly, easy going, fun to talk to, and answered all of our questions. Their chat, customer service, and account managing team is great to work with.

Pros

This is practically a "do-it-all" tool. As long as I've been in the social media marketing business, we've been looking for a tool that has everything we need in one. Sprout Social certainly gets close with it's ability to produce, schedule, and post our content, store images in a library, organize our clients in folders and teams, produce reports and share analysis and metrics that are important to us. We're currently looking into using it's listening capabilities and then we'll pretty much have all we need.

Cons

We've noticed different team members have to use different web browsers to access full functionality of Sprout. Some of us are good on Chrome, while others works better with Safari or Firefox. Haven't had this issue with any other tools we use, but noticed it in particular about this one.

Jason from Socialistics

Sprout Social is the social media platform that I use for my marketing consulting business.

Sprout Social provides me the ability to more efficiently manage my client's social media efforts. and do so affordably.

Pros

After reviewing a few options, I landed on Sprout Social as my choice for managing social media for my clients. The biggest reason has to do with the user experience. They have the best UI by far of any platform I've used, and it's laid out in a way that makes it very easy to understand everything you're working with. The ease of managing multiple clients and switching between them is great. The group feature helps keep things organized and separate. The reporting also looks fantastic and is very easy to use.

Cons

I wish they made it easier to compose content across multiple social media channels. I feel they could do a better job with this. While the pricing is fair, the agency platform is a little difficult to grow into if you run an agency and manage multiple clients. Instead of charging on # of users, it's geared more on # of profiles, which can get pricey.

Penny from Lux 214 Media Group

Overall, Sprout is a wonderful tool, but lately, there have been issues that have arisen.

Pros

The ease of navigation and publishing, I like the added feature of optimal send times, and that Pinterest is now added.

Cons

Recently, we have been having trouble with photos from links not populating in the photo field when already published causing us to have to go directly into the platforms and edit/correct or add again when we realize this, because it appears to be there when we are publishing. Very time consuming. Also, we have been having issues with photos being cut off when they are published on the platforms, but seem normal when we use the eye tool to check. We always have to re-size photos elsewhere because the editing tool is insufficient, especially with regard to Twitter and LinkedIn. Before, we could use the normal FB size photo for all and be done, but as of May 2018, not the case. Also, we are having problems with notifications. When someone leaves a comment in the approval section, and you respond, the original sender does not get notification that you have responded via email, they have to manually check the software. Also, the fact we are unable to tag as before, but that's a FB privacy issue.

Brent from FP1 Strategies

The more accounts you manage, the better it gets

Pros

I've used Sprout to manage dozens of accounts and it really helps keeps everything organized under one roof, including stats. If you're in a hurry, you can generate one of their visual reports for a client and it will include some good stats that give both you and your client insights. But in my opinion, the mobile app is the strongest aspect of Sprout. Being able to post to any of my client's Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn profiles from my phone with a single login is endlessly useful.

Cons

Costs can add up pretty quickly and some UX elements just aren't completely there yet (has improved over the years). It's nitpicky, but for example you can't customize the folder colors for each client group. I also encountered a handful of bugs during my time using Sprout, and when I finally got ahold of customer service, they just told me how to work around it instead of actually fixing the issue.

Rose from lowercase d

Excellent, continually improving social media management platform

Simplified, user-friendly social media monitoring and management tools--and great reporting! I forgot to mention that. Having used HootSuite for a while before this, I feel that Sprout is a much better match both for me and my clients, and it continues to get better all the time.

Pros

I like its ease of use (particularly the ViralPost feature). Sprout Social is clearly designed to make the life of a social media manager or consultant as easy as possible, and they are continually releasing new features and improvements. They actively solicit feedback on how their product could be improved, and they act on that feedback too. Sprout's tech support is also top notch. They are great communicators and always available via chat to answer your questions.

Cons

I think content discovery is still a little challenging within the tool (and I don't mind so much because it's not a main feature that I was looking for when I chose Sprout), but I believe Sprout is working on ways to enhance this.

Román from Eurostar Mediagroup

Sprout Social: All your social media accounts and tasks in a single smart inbox

Sprout Social has helped us solve the problem of working with several accounts at the same time, especially with clients that use social networks as customer service channels for their services and companies. Sprout Social's server capacity and the overall stability of the platform are also remarkable. When a certain scale is reached in the number of users and managed profiles, the cost-benefit ratio increases positively.

Pros

The most useful tool of Sprout Social is the smart inbox, which brings together all the interactions, messages and comments of all social media profiles that are handled in a single working queue. This allows you to easily manage large amounts of work and is particularly useful for CRM jobs with social networks.

Cons

The limited capacity to conduct complex social listening research.

Reasons for Choosing Sprout Social

Easy to use; simple design; learning curve; price.

Jamie from Dubber

Probably the best social media tool on the market

Pros

I've used Sprout Social on and off for many years. It's fantastic to use (a really great UI) and it performs very well too - so many useful features. From scheduling to reporting, social listening to chatbots, Sprout Social has it all. It's been growing as a tool over the years and they've been refining the key aspects (such as user permissions, approval processing, reporting and social listening) to the point where it's a brilliant tool. Their recently added features such as advanced listening and chatbots have put it in a whole new league.

Cons

Whilst the pricing is fair, it does get expensive once you start adding multiple users (as the pricing stated on their website is per user). Some of the features that are available for higher pricing packages would be nice to explore as a smaller user but it's understandable that some features are enterprise level.

Eric from Braden Social Media LLC

Social Media Management App That Keeps Getting Better

I signed up for Sprout Social when I launched my agency in 2014, and it was one of the best decisions I made to streamline my work. Since I started using the app, Sprout has released update after update, improving its already robust platform.

Pros

Sprout Social is on-par with other social management apps that are much more expensive. And with frequent updates, it keeps getting better. Now I'm able to publish to Instagram, Facebook , Twitter and more. One of my favorite aspects of Sprout is its monitoring software, which not only allows me to see all activity, but respond and mark complete. It's a much better UI than competitor Hootsuite.

Cons

Sometimes posts set to publish will fail, though I'll get an error report and a reason why it failed. Other than that, really no complains. Love the software. Recently I signed up for email alerts that notify me of any issues, which helps explain any errors as well.

Heather from BECU

Good software...will be better with a few enhancements

See above

Pros

As someone in charge of Social Care Response, I love that all of our social channels are available in one place vs. having to go out to individual native sites. I also love the tagging functionality to help report on themes.

Cons

I think there is a lot of improvement needed on the Sprout Social App. It is missing a lot of the key features that the desktop site offers - such as being able to click on post and see the conversation...including accessing the post on the native site. There is also opportunity to allow access to turning on an off the bots within the app. Right now we have to have the desktop site downloaded as a bookmark on my phone to access just the bot. Lastly...PLEASE ALLOW BOT SCHEDULING! We don't want to have the bot on during business hours as we like to respond individually...but have them on after-hours for top reasons why members post to our pages. We have to have reminders to ourselves to manually make sure we are turning on the bot after hours, and turning off the bot when business hours being.

Carla from Pop Ratio

I have been using Sprout to manage about 30 social media pages for nearly a year.

Pros

I like having a hub to store photos (the asset library) as well as a hub for all user activity across multiple social media accounts (smart inbox).

Cons

*The maximum number of images that can be added to the Asset Library at a time is 10, and if you want to batch 'tag' all of the photos, you can only choose 1 'tag' per set of 10. For content creators that upload hundreds of photos to the asset library per week (like my team), this makes for an extremely cumbersome process. *You can't search the asset library by file name. You can only sort by file name, date added/modified /etc or search visually. It is truly incredible that there is no "search by name" function for the asset library. * The mobile app does not offer access to the Asset Library - a huge pitfall, as my company invests a lot of time and resources in building the Asset Library. We are then unable to publish content on-the-go using asset library images. *The Reports area does not give the ability to customize the data that appears in a report. i.e. if I want to draw data from multiple reports, I can't choose to create a custom report using only the data I selected. *The listening tool comes at an added cost.

Scott from Messenger International

Industry: Publishing

You Can't Afford Not to Use Sprout

Simply put, Sprout Social is a time saver. There is very little reason not to save time as a business, as I'm sure there are better things you can do than being constantly distracted with social media, so just take the plunge. Especially useful is the ability to edit metadata on links shared to facebook (provided you have verified ownership of the website in facebook business manager). Sprout makes it easy to get a handle on your social media activities and stay ahead of the game.

Pros

Sprout Social saved us so much time with our social media and helped us see what was going on with all of our accounts. We manage 12 different accounts, and this put almost all of it in one place. The user interface is extremely easy once you figure it out, and if you have any issues, the support is instantaneous through the chat feature. You can't afford not to save the time Sprout saves you, so do yourself a favor and get it.

Cons

The biggest issue with Sprout Social is that it doesn't actually post to Instagram for you, although it does allow you to create a schedule and then notifies you when to post. That is the single biggest feature that needs to be added, as some other competitors have already done so. But as far as the rest of the social media accounts you can manage, it's second to none.

Sprout Social was easy to use, but all the cool features are for Enterprise accts

Pros

It made managing social for my company a million times easier. By far the biggest pro is the Inbox feature. I scouted around long and hard for this (because it's crucial for quick replies to customers), and honestly Sprout was the best option. The tagging was also a big help in terms of tracking our different events/campaigns.

Cons

1) there was a HUGE issue a few months back where we thought posts were being sent to IG, but that wasnt the case because posts in need of approval were going to the mobile app and not eh desktop app...or something like that. It was incredibly confusing when CS tried to explain it to us. 2) Approving posts took awhile for our team to catch onto...it's a little confusing in that sometimes they appeared in different accounts (we had two accounts, one for Ops and one for Marketing)

One of the best Social Management Platforms for a low cost

Great for a startup whose looking to take their social activity to the next level. They have great customer service and training resources so you can get moving faster. While we still struggle to build out a super telling report, we do enjoy the one-in-one place feeling we get with Sprout social.

Pros

I really liked that Sprout Social gave me more ways to manage and track my social media profiles then Tweetdeck and Hootesuite. The back end is easy to navigate and the ability to schedule/reschedule out social updates was simpler than any other SMM tool. You can also switch or post of different profiles easily and all from one screen. Replying to comments, sharing, and direct messaging for all profiles can also be done from your back end screen.

Cons

I do feel like the analytics they provide you lack depth, especially since LinkedIn doesn't share information with them. You get conflicting information about impression and clicks when compared to Google Analytics or with the social platform itself.

William from Great Wolf Resorts

Great Software for Social Customer Care

Everyone I've spoken to at Sprout has been fantastic. In another year or so once they've really fine-tuned their entire product, it will be one of the best.

Pros

Ease of use - the inbox is extremely easy for care reps to digest, especially if they've never used social tools in the past. Support - Sprout's support team is on top of any issue. I always received a prompt response from their support team. Innovation - Sprout was always at the forefront of new social updates - for example, they are one of the only engagement tools to offer a built in chat bot.

Cons

Lack of integration - Sprout doesn't integrate with many other products, specifically listening tools. Social listening - While they are developing their own listening tool suite, they are going to be behind industry leaders for some time yet.

Bethany from Fresh Creative

I love Sprout Social!

We use Sprout Social to manage all of our social media clients, and it is extremely helpful. It streamlines the scheduling and reporting, and makes it very easy to respond to messages.

Pros

I love Sprout Social's integrated inbox, so you can see all of the latest comments from all of your clients. I love how the calendar setup works. Also the reporting it offers is so helpful in understanding what content is performing best, as well as providing an easy and beautiful report for clients.

Cons

It tends to run on the more expensive side for social media management software. And sometimes it takes longer for certain options for scheduling to roll out. The social media listening options have improved, but it isn't anything spectacular, although that's likely due to the current package we have.

Tara from Next Adventure Inc

The Best All-In-One Posting Platform

This is the overall best solution I've found to streamline social posting.

Pros

This software helps streamline your social posting across all channels. You can cross-post, plan, and review analytics all in one dashboard.

Cons

With Instagram posts, you can schedule them in the software, but still have to log in to Instagram to make it publish.

Jarrod from Clear EMG

Powerful tool for managing multiple social media presences

A powerful tool for content managers to keep their clients organized and planned in advance. There are other tools out there but sprout felt to be the most simple for our needs.

Pros

It’s let’s our team collaborate on the multiple social media platforms we run for multiple brands. Being able to schedule posts and allow clients to review image/video and copy before hand is a lifesaver. It’s also really nice to be able to respond to reviews and posts right in the app without having to navigate to the site itself. The reporting is robust and the ability to sort and tag by content type makes keeping things in order super easy and organized.

Cons

We find it hard to justify to our clients the price of the social listening tools. The current option is too pricey.

Easy social account management

We use it for the management of multiple social media accounts.

Pros

My organization, like many, has a lot of social accounts to manage. Rather than creating unique content for each, we like to share the same message on multiple platforms. Sprout Social allows us to stretch our content further and saves us the time of having to log into each service to do it. It helps format, schedule, and publish in a seamless way.

Cons

It's kind of expensive. There are other free options out there, like Hootsuite, that do similar work, but I believe Sprout Social provides a premium experience.

Sprout Social is a great service that makes it easy to monitor social media engagement.

Pros

Most importantly, I like the ability to monitor keywords so I know when non-followers have mentioned my products. I also like having a single inbox that allows me to monitor multiple social media accounts in one place. Being able to schedule posts easily is a great feature.

Cons

I understand that Facebook is no longer going to allow Sprout Social to post to personal Facebook accounts. I think this will be a big drawback, but I also believe Facebook is losing its relevance. I wish it were easier to post images to Instagram via Sprout Social. The extra steps of needing to select a publisher and only being able to use it with Instagram business accounts, makes posting directly on your phone without using Sprout Social easier.

Rosalinda from City of Pflugerville, Texas

Customer Service can't be beat

We use Sprout for scheduling posts and running reports and it has been great for that.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of which you can contact someone for support - from technical to billing. That alone can make or break a product. The overall quality of this app is good, but there are some bugs and limitations. I've used other scheduling apps, but so far this one has been my favorite.

Cons

Sprout is not always at the technological forefront of the features that they offer. They usually eventually "get there" but you will probably see something you wish it had on another app first. I really wish Sprout would go into archiving - it would be amazing to have one social media platform do everything from posting, reporting to archiving.

Erik from Willow Narrative

Sprout Social is Why I Will Never Use Hootsuite Ever Again

Pros

I can't say enough good things about this social scheduler. I've used Hootsuite, Butter, Later, and plenty of other social schedulers and this one takes the cake. The way I can manage tasks and assign certain things to another team member was incredible. Something else to note is the price point. My team was paying per month at my ad agency and we were more than satisfied with our subscription. Customer Service was always there to help and were extremely accessible.

Cons

I really only have one minor complaint about Sprout Social and that's their Instagram functionalities. They may have worked on their platform since I used it about a year ago, but I felt that things like commenting, likes, and other tools were missing. Other than that this is by far the best choice for analytics, scheduling, and social media task management in the market.

User-friendly social media management tool

I like Sprout Social and recommend it for mid-size and large businesses but find it not worth the cost for small businesses with simpler needs.

Pros

I really like how intuitive Sprout Social's user interface is. The Smart Inbox is a great feature, as is the Sprout Queue. I like that I can view scheduled messages in list or calendar form. RSS feeds make finding content easy, and the content suggestions tool is useful (and improving).

Cons

It's a bit expensive compared to tools like Buffer or HootSuite's free / Pro plan. That said, it's certainly more robust than Buffer, and a better user experience than Hootsuite. I've also had occasional issues with accounts getting disconnected and posts failing to send.