What are StoryChief users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using StoryChief software through verified user reviews

• icon"And the support team is really helpful, fast and very friendly - no matter what."
  • icon"It's an easy to use platform and the pop-up tips and help functionality is super helpful as we're learning the ropes. The HubSpot integration works seamlessly."
  • icon"Their content calendar is very clear and easy to use. The ability to have an approval workflow when working with a team."
  • icon"I published today my first article. So far, no further comments."
  • icon"The photo gallery lacks a lightbox feature so it’s sometimes hard for our readers to view images on mobile devices."
  • icon"There's no grammar tool available. There's no integration with external grammar tool either."

Browse all StoryChief Reviews

• Have you used StoryChief and would like to share your experience with others?

Fraser

Great content distribution tool

Fraser

Great content distribution tool

It's a great system - works really well and the results are great on each unique platform - bonus that it works well on Shopify sites too

Pros

It is a comprehensive yet easy to use content management software system

Cons

Really not much - works very well but does take some set up

Reasons for choosing StoryChief

More reliable and easier to use and set up

Reasons for switching to StoryChief

the recipes were too unreliable and kept breaking down

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi Fraser! Thank you for the review.

Iain

StoryChief Saved My Soul

I wanted a reliable platform to host a growing bunch of content. It looks smart, I can't mess it up, they keep improving, they're responsive. Very pleased and hope it continues.

Pros

I came to StoryChief from Wordpress. Wordpress itself isn't too much of a drag but it's all the hoo has around it that causes such time wasting admin. I love that with StoryChief I can just get on with writing the content. It's easy to add media without going round the houses. The SEO section is invaluable and SC guides you through it. The publishing option is a godsend. Off it goes to all the different SoMe areas you would want it to. The SoMe publishing is getting better all the time too with improvements all the time e.g. scheduled campaign to boost your posts.

Cons

Would like a little more flexibility for the front page of the blog e.g. have just requested the ability for a post to be pinned. But to be honest I'm not sure I ever knew how to do that myself in Wordpress. Oh, and I would like it to have a better menu bar option for linking to my main site. It would be cool if there were a few more areas of flexibility like this.

Reasons for choosing StoryChief

Got hacked, got confused, got fed up with Wordpress. StoryChief looked promising and it proves to have been the case. Very happy.

Reasons for switching to StoryChief

Too many variables within Wordpress. Storychief seemed like a one stop shop with the answers I was looking for.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi Iain, Thanks for all your great feedback! One of our goals is to offer a distraction-free editor that facilitates creativity and efficiency. We are very happy to see we contributed to that! We often improve our features and add new ones based on what our customers need, so you can expect some flexibility from us in the future :) Happy writing!

Emma-Jane

Very happy with StoryChief

Pros

I love that all our content and social media (distribution) channels are housed in one central place. The calendar functionality allows us to create briefs according to a timeline, invite writers to collaborate and get published on time. It's an easy to use platform and the pop-up tips and help functionality is super helpful as we're learning the ropes. The HubSpot integration works seamlessly. The distribution channels become a part of your publishing process, this feature promotes deeper thinking around how/when you'd like to distribute X piece of content. I love this. The writing space is super easy to use and moved our team away from managing multiple GDocs at any given time. StoryChief has everything in one place with easy to track comments and approval processes/.

Cons

We'd love to be able to post Instagram carousels natively, although they do offer an extension to get around this, but we are hoping this is a feature that could out roll in the future to make it even more seamless.

Dated, clunky, and annoying

Pros

As someone who was invited to collaborate on a document hosted on StoryChief, I can firmly say I disliked the whole experience.

Cons

Not sure if this is exclusive to users invited to collaborate on Storychief without an account, but I received emails for every single change, comment, reply, and resolved comment (easily 25+ emails each sitting) for one document. I found the overall layout dated, and for a platform that boasts so many features, it was very simple and underwhelming. The UX/UI was awful (I had to sign in so many times!) and made me want to scream at my computer. Plus, the commenting system (which was the only way I could communicate/collaborate) was very clunky and had issues every time I tried to add/edit comments.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate your comments as they help us improve our tool. We will work on being able to disable notifications and will also try to update the layout to improve the user experience. About having to log in all the time: could you tell me what browser you were using and if it was on a desktop or mobile device? There shouldn't be any reason why you would need to log in frequently or have a clunky experience, so we'd love to investigate this further. You can give us more information on support@storychief.io. Thank you!

Arlène

A solid multi-channel marketing platform

Pros

I see StoryChief as a sort of Swiss Army knife because there's a lot that it brings to the table and different ways of using the platform. Want a way to easily create and redistribute your content across multiple platforms with just a few clicks? Check. Are you in need of a calendar to get an overview of your social media posts? Check. Working with a team and are looking for a way to co-create and collaborate on the content side of things? Check. Need analytics or getting members of your team involved in amplifying the reach of your message? Check, and check. And StoryChief focuses on content optimization too, thanks to its SEO copywriting recommendations – so that you know what to tweak to increase the chances of your content ranking high on Google.

Cons

I have to admit that I'm the first to love a tool that enables you to do many different things so that you don't need to keep switching platforms and tabs. However, some of StoryChief's features such as the SEO copywriting and content distribution aren't as solid as on other platforms. This may not mean that much if you're kind of looking for a "Jack-of-all-trades" type of platform but it might raise a few questions if you'd be interested in something that really dives deep into all the areas it focuses on.

Beth

Industry: Music

Why I love using StoryChief and Always Will

StoryChief puts all my drafts and upcoming work into one place, where I and my team can easily access it, without having to constantly, share, download, edit and save files. I love being able to see everything I have published as well as all my drafts and the easy integration to other platforms like Wordpress and Medium is very useful and time-saving.

Pros

Easy to use, clearly laid out and well organised. Both desktop and mobile formats are useful, although I like seeing all my work on the larger screen. I really enjoy the share/invite people option as my work is always better when it's collaborative. StoryChief has great tutorials and tips on using their product and their feature upgrades really impress me...like when they added the ability to post to social media platforms and assign a blog post to the social media campaign.

Cons

It would be great if Story Chief could integrate with Trello, as this is the main management program my company uses. Also, it's great to be able to add youtube and Vimeo videos, but would also be very useful to have the ability to simply upload a video into the blog post, direct from the device. Also, I use Movavi and WeVideo for editing and those videos don't seem to be supported in StoryChief either, or Instagram and Facebook videos/photos

Reasons for switching to StoryChief

StoryChief has more features, a more affordable plan and better sharing and publishing options.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi Beth, Thank you so much for all your comments! We love to read that StoryChief helps you collaborate and that you like our feature upgrades so much. We also appreciate all the suggestions you propose and agree with all of them. You'll be happy to read that now it's already possible to add videos to social posts and Facebook videos are also supported in our editor! We increase from time to time the list of supported video platforms in our editor, so who knows Movavi or WeVideo will be next! You can consult the full list here: https://app.storychief.io/dashboard/integrations. Happy writing!

Replied July 2020

One of the best investments I have ever made

Story Chief has become an integral part of my business, facilitating the writing and publishing process for my websites. I don't think I would have crafted more than 50 stories within the last few months if it were not for Story Chief

Pros

Story Chief has increased my blogging and website development ten fold with it's ease of use, simple design and multiple integrations with social services like Facebook, Blogger, etc. I didn't know it at the time of purchase how much this software will become a part of my business processes and systems. One of the great features I like to use is the collaborators function where I can invite external people to help contribute and review my articles before I send it off from with in Story Chief to publish on multiple platforms with a click of a button. I also like the way the support team are coming up with new functions and innovations in the software to keep it up to speed with the latest trends in the space. But the one feature I love about Story Chief is it's ability to make writing simple. I have other software to help me write content for my websites, however I always come back to Story Chief because for some reason I can really focus and pump out the work when I really am under tight timelines.

Cons

With one of the features they have recently added (editing images within Story Chief) I am finding it a bit buggy. Often when I try to edit an image while writing it will freeze or blank out my whole story. Thankfully the software has an auto save function that saves everytime I stop writing (which has saved me a few times). However it is a newish feature so I'm sure they are just ironing out the kinks.

Reasons for choosing StoryChief

For the simple interface and ease of use. It is a joy to write in Story Chief, whereas other more powerful tools complicate the process unnecssarily.

Adam

The best tool for blogs and content marketing

Overall we have been super happy with StoryChief. It is hands down the best content marketing tool we've found and I've tried countless other systems. They seem to actively work on the product too and have rolled out helpful updates even since we started.

Pros

We use StoryChief almost daily and it's become a key part of our content marketing workflow. We create, manage and publish dozens of articles per month and StoryChief makes the creation and publishing of blog posts so much easier. The editor is rock solid, they have tons of integrations, the social publishing tools allowed us to cancel our Buffer subscription, and the Wordpress connection is flawless. Not only that but the analytics it kicks out are very helpful.

Cons

The only thing we've not been able to do with StoryChief is setting custom statuses or workflows around our posts. They have a couple of options but you can not configure a whole workflow with status settings.

Reasons for switching to StoryChief

GatherContent is a great product but their editor and entire system is just not set up for blogging and content marketing. Things like images, videos, and content integrations were a nightmare. And the updates they made seemed to make the product go backwards. We were with them for years and it sucked to change but it was just not getting the job done.

Marilyn

StoryChief is a Real Time Saver

The main benefit has been the speed with which I can go from a blank screen to published Blog. I also love that it syndicates the content across my social media channels which also saves a lot of time.

Pros

I absolutely love StoryChief. Very easy to set up and use, and when a Blog needs updating simply log in and it also changes the version within WordPress. Although I have been a Blogger for many years StoryChief has saved me hours because I no longer need to spend time fighting with layouts, plugins, or formatting. Simply log in, type, complete the various field and boxes, and publish. If you are short on time when it comes to finding images there is an image library contained within the program.

Cons

I would like to be able to embed custom code so I can add my own forms and plugins.

Reasons for switching to StoryChief

I still have my WordPress site and Blog however I can't remember the last time I logged into WordPress even though I am adding to it regularly via StoryChief.

So far, so good

Pros

The biggest difference with other tools is for me the ambassadors list and the way you can easiliy make social posts from your blogposts.

Cons

The instagram workaround is not my favourite, hopefully the api opens up soon. We've had several problems with links and metadata not displayed in a similar way as it is shown in the preview. Customer service is usually quick to respond, but this is then only afterwards.

Reasons for switching to StoryChief

pricing combination of blogs/social posts working with multiple users ambassadors list

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi there, Thanks a lot for leaving us a review! We really appreciate it. It's great to read that the ambassadors feature helps you boost your content and that posting to social channels is much easier now than before StoryChief. We really hope being able to improve the integration with Instagram in the future and will let you know if this is the case. Hold up the hard work and happy writing!

Micheal

The Katana-Battle Axe of Marketing

Great service, they are always asking for feedback. Tool works as intended.

Pros

If you are producing lots of content, and you follow CEO, Story chief is one of the few ways to produce large amounts of content, at scale, with a small team, and minimal amounts of apps. WHile I have a marketing team for our business, when I needed to start my own personal brand, and I didn't want to have to go through the team, and add a lot of process/perfecting to my flow, story chief gives me a way to just post everywhere in one place, starting from the content itself.

Cons

That it's still a young company and is still building features :) I think the pricing is a little on the high side for a lot of businesses used to low price software, but I feel the time you would save at scale is priceless

Reasons for choosing StoryChief

As a startup, I jumped on the app sumo bandwagon as I didn't have a lot of money to invest in my tools. I am now using their paid plans now that the lifetime apps have run out. If I was making the decision again without the lifetime apps, I would say that having an efficient process, built around the CONTENT, and not the tools/platforms is what makes this powerful and different than other solutions. This is about getting content workflow done right, and building tools around that workflow, so you can cut down on apps, and manual labour.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hey Micheal! Thanks for taking the time to leave such an elaborate review, we truly appreciate it! Since this review a lot of new features came along and our pricing has changed. Take a look!

Javier

Great tool to manage social accounts

Easey to use platform, well designed and very usefull.

Pros

It’s easy to use and have a lot of options to manage maketing and coms in your company with a single webapp! Nice work. Congrats!

Cons

I miss Instagram integration and video, gifs or “more than a single image option” in social media post manager.

Reasons for choosing StoryChief

Just to try it. I have not regrets : )

Reasons for switching to StoryChief

I like try new stuff to improve my work.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hey Javier! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate it :) The Instagram integration and video feature will be here in a couple of weeks, stay tuned!

Dave

Solid content marketing & planning tool

Very satisfied with the platform and really looking forward to their upcoming social media tool release.

Pros

Story Chief has quick become one of my favorite content planning tools. If you are producing and marketing articles on regularly basis then you need to check it out. Theres lots to love, but a few features that stick out to me are: - Its SEO guidance tool - quick get guidance on how SEO friendly your writing/article is. - The ability to launch articles to multiple channels at once without worth about duplicate content issues. - Their content calendar is very clear and easy to use. - The ability to have an approval workflow when working with a team. I’m also really excited about the upcoming social media planning tools. I ope that they will be included in the existing plans they are offering without an additional fee.

Cons

Right now the platform is lacking a task process checklist. I would love to have a systemized process checklist that my content creators would have to check off while building an article. I only know of one of their competitors that offers this feature, but I feel like its an important item to have when working with a team.

Rai

Google Docs & Yoast SEO had a beautiful baby named StoryChief!

StoryChief has become the go-to platform for all of our content creation for clients. We have several clients on paid accounts and they all love the convenience. It makes handing over the responsibility of managing the blog so easy that they can't help by say "Yes!" to our services.

Pros

StoryChief allows me and my team to ensure the content we're creating for our clients is 100% SEOified BEFORE we send the content to them for review. This cuts a huge chunk of time and revisions out of the process. Plus, the ability to distribute the content out with built-in data tracking is amazing! One report every week to wow the clients - I'm a happy camper. :)

Cons

There are a few quirks about the software that are a bit contrary to typical user behavior. For example, when leaving a comment, I naturally hit "Tab" and then "Return" to submit my comment – like I would on any other platform like Google Docs. There are other little glitches with the saving feature and such, but they're minor nuances that you get used to over time.

Umair

Complete and Professional Marketing Solution

I have a very professional and amazing experience with StoryChief, because now using this platform I really save my lot of time. I have increased my revenue with this publishing tool. My ranking in Google has been increased and now my leads also improved. I am really satisfied with StoryChief.

Pros

StoryChief is the best platform that allows you to collaborate on differetn content campaigns from beginning to the advanced level. You can publish articles to your website. Even you can also create social posts and you can analyze the performance in one place.

Cons

The features and options of this platform are really easy to understand and use. Publishing and creating both things are best in this platform without any kind of cons.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi Umair, Thanks for your enthusiasm and great feedback about StoryChief. Also thanks from the entire team, who has read and appreciated your feedback very much. We are thrilled to see that you like all our features so much and that you find it so intuitive and easy to use, it means that we succeed in what we wanted to achieve. As you probably already know, we keep adding new features and improvements as we go, so definitely stay tuned for more! Happy publishing!

Replied January 2021

Jan

Great platform for all things content.

But. I really do like SC. Love working with it.

Pros

I'm working for Spencer mostly. I recommended it there. Easy to integrate (HubSpot). User-friendly. Publishing is a charm. And the fact that you're working very hard to improve it all the time.

Cons

Content calendar = unwieldy. No drag and drop (If plans change, which they do, I want to be able to simply drag a post to a different place.) No list view (unless I missed it) to show the calendar in an easy-to-follow format to other people.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi Jan, Thanks for your great enthusiasm over StoryChief! We are very happy to read that StoryChief really improved your workflow. We are indeed already thinking of improving the content calendar to make it more flexible (ie. drag & drop). We might also investigate the possibility to offer a list view of all events. In case it helps, remember that you can also share your content calendar with others by clicking on the 'Sync' grey button on the right hand side. Keep up the hard work and happy writing!

Joyce

Saves me hours every week

Pros

Love how fast and focused I am when I use StoryChief. This is due to the design (no distractions) and speed (eg minimal image upload time) of the software.

Cons

The onboarding lacked a little bit of depth when I joined back in 2018. I ended up with duplicate content on my website and the StoryChief blog but the team were great and solved the issue rapidly.

Reasons for switching to StoryChief

Wordpress was slowing me down everytime I wanted to upload an image but I was still fairly happy with with them. However, when I gave StoryChief a try on a trial basis, I noticed a huuuuge difference in my productivity.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi Joyce! Thank you for the review and thanks for sticking with us for so long, we truly appreciate it! Our support team is always happy to answer to any questions you might have.

Michele

International Team Friendly

Pros

The ability for several people to access drafts is a HUGE plus. Being able to comment for corrections and suggestions is great. Being able to post to several platforms at once is also a time saver. Lastly, my team can do social posts from StoryChief which is a HUGE time saver for us.

Cons

If you don't have a project leader or team member who is good at process flows to set this up, it may not be a good tool for you. It's very powerful with the right person on your team. Video isn't yet available for social media posts! But it's coming soon :)

Reasons for switching to StoryChief

It was limited to social sharing. It did not have a blogging content editing and sharing.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi Michele! Thanks a lot for your review. Video is actually available as of right now. Go ahead and try it out!

Replied June 2020

Elke

Easy peasy software for content marketing and socila posting

Great tool for easy story-writing, Seo-check and posting + excellent support! Love it!

Pros

It love to working with storychief since I found it. The writing is easy, SEO checking is great, social posting functionality speeds everything up too. It saves time! And the support team is really helpful, fast and very friendly - no matter what.

Cons

I want to fit in the stories also pictures for easy Pinterest repinning. But there is no formatation - so it looks strange at my blog.... and still did not finde to setup a good looking lead-capture from mailchimp. But I hopfully will...

Reasons for switching to StoryChief

Kudani was a bit outdated - specially in social posting. - But - I must admit: the content search and content integration was great there....

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi Elke Thanks for your review! You can create a custom field in your 'summary' page to upload a picture for Pinterest format. Or you can embed a Pinterest format picture inside your story somewhere, but use a different cover image that you can upload on the 'summary' page. To create beautiful and custom forms that are linked to your Mailchimp account I'd suggest using Typeform.com and then embed these in your stories. Good luck!

Replied March 2020

Gary

Fantastic Blog Syndicating Tool

If you log then this is a must have tool. Saves you lots of time sharing your content and also gives you valuable analytics.

Pros

Allows you to create a blog post using their editior and can then syndicate your content across multiple marketing channels. Most syndication apps only let you send the post to your social media accounts, Story Chief allows you to also send to your Wordpress blog for publishing, email notifications to lists of influences you add, send to Medium, social media, and RSS feeds. They also have a cool analytics dashboard to see how people are interacting with your content across the web. I only publish blog posts via Story Chief now. If you are concerned about duplicate content, you can have it post to your blog first and then set the rest of the syndication for any date you wish.

Cons

By default, it selects it's own blog platform as the default main platform for the content, I have to swicth to my Wordpress blog each time to make sure my blog is the main platform. They should fix this but as of today have not.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi Gary! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. You can however, now choose your own main publishing platform. Hope you like it!

Surabil

The Best Online Tool to Create, Optimise, Collaborate, and Distribute Your Content

Pros

The things I like, -user-friendly dashboard, -team collaboration, -SEO optimisation, -Unsplash image search integration, -Free blog -The ability to publish content to WordPress, Medium and other platforms including social media. There are many integrations and features to make your content creation a breeze. I was waiting for the Grammarly to work with StoryChief and it now does. So, overall a fantastic platform and a great development team. I will recommend StoryChief to anyone looking to create and distribute contents online.

Cons

None so far regarding the platform. The blog feature could be better, the customisation not intuitive, but hey it comes free. So no complaints.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi Surabil! Thank you for your kind review, we're glad you're enjoying it. If you have any suggestions surrounding the William blog, be sure to let us know and we'll see what we can do! :)

Replied June 2020

Phill

Incredibly powerful simplicity

I have been really impressed with how easy it is to create and publish content.

Pros

The user interface is very clean, simple to use but really packs a punch for functionality. The guidance for creating quality content, pushed to the right channels with optimised SEO is fantastic.

Cons

It is hard to find anything I particularly dislike; it could be useful to be able to set up templates or have recommendations, but to be honest, it just works as it is.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hey Phill! Thank you for the review and the feedback, we will definitely take it with us.

Shabab

Industry: Writing and Editing

Most impactful software I came across as a Content Writer

I've been using StoryChief daily and it has helped me a lot in my content writing tasks. I love how it shows suggestions and marks the negative points of the write-up. I'd recommend everyone, especially the writers, to use StoryChief. It might bring some positive changes in your works and help you develop your skills faster.

Pros

The SEO and the Readability percentage meter has been the most impactful features of StoryChief for me. I can easily understand what changes shall I bring to my blogs/articles to increase its user readability by tapping on the percentage meter. It also shows the reasons and categorizes according to the error levels.

Cons

One of the major drawbacks of StoryChief, in my opinion, would be that you can't copy-paste any image. Other than that, I like it very much.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi Shabab, Wow, thanks for the detailed feedback. We love seeing that our popular SEO & readability features marked a before and an after in your writing tasks. As for being able to copy&paste an image, we're working on making this possible in the future. Stay tuned! Happy writing!

Replied January 2021

Ankit

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

StoryChief is the must have Online Content Creation tool

Love the tool - saves me a lot of time.

Pros

One click publish to all major platforms including. I LOVE StoryChief. - Blog inside my own WordPress Website - Google My Business (Game changer right here) - Facebook Page - Facebook Group - LinkedIn - and many many more integrations. I create my content in StoryChief and I publish in many with no headache. You know what's even better? If I have to edit a previously published content, I only have to edit in StoryChief and boom - StoryChief pushes the update in all the platforms. This saves me tons of time. Thank you for coming to my life. P.S.I have to mention that the team behind StoryChief is amazing and hardworking. They maintain professional communication all the time and work very hard round the clock. Keep it up.

Cons

None at the moment. The team is very proactive and are improving and finding new integration consistently.

Response from StoryChief NV

Hi there Ankit, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

StoryChief