All SugarCRM Reviews

Shanie

Media Production, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed January 2024

Level Up your Business with Sugar CRM!

Victoria

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Excellent Community CRM

SugarCRM Community edition has been a great daily driver for my music business. It's reliable, and has enough functionality to enable me to record all the key data that I need. The ability to self-host the platform is fantastic, because it helps keep costs down, and when you work on a small-scale, you don't need all of the processing power of a paid hosted solution. Definitely a great option if you have the savvy to install and maintain your own instance on your web server.

PROS

I used the self-hosted community CRM for several years for my own music business. It has a ton of functionality that matches a lot of the basic features you find in Salesforce Classic. It's a great tool for keeping track of client data, deal tracking, etc. It's also nice to be able to self-host the platform as well as it's a lot more affordable than using a paid SaaS solution.

CONS

SugarCRM Community Edition looks pretty dated. If you don't have a lot of experience with the typical CRM data model concept, it can be hard to figure out how to use the system. The interface could be modernized to make it easier to navigate and find your way around. Another downside to being the Community Edition is that you need to know how to install and maintain the platform on your own server, but this is also a plus if you do have these skills.

Orianne

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2022

Most powerful and easy-to-use CRM to support all corporate sales and marketing activities

With SugarCRM, I keep track of new campaigns (account management), I am regularly reminded that I have performance discussions with my customers and I can switch to the corresponding customer account to find all the important data and get in touch with the customer. In addition, thanks to the ticket system, I do not forget to work on important tasks for my customers and other projects. In addition, I can optimally and smoothly inform my teammates about changes utilizing comments and notes in the customer accounts. All in all, I can only say that it is a super complete CRM solution.

PROS

What I like most are the synergy effects of the use of the tool by our large sales teams spread over several locations (in Spain and abroad) and our various marketing teams. We combine all customer contact points in an extremely flexible way across all departments. This simplifies our internal communication and knowledge exchange among ourselves, as well as communication with customers. The interface can be used very intuitively for an extensive CRM system thanks to its focus on a single clear navigation bar. In addition, the tool can be linked very flexibly with other systems via APIs, such as SAP, various campaign management tools, and much more.

CONS

It isn't easy to become familiar with all the relevant interface features in a short time to take full advantage of these synergies. Here, you must explore using patience and occasionally, trial and error. However, you will certainly behave similarly to other enterprise-level CRM solutions.

Reason for choosing SugarCRM

Sugar helps us in customer management. With SugarCRM, we have been able to offer our customers our other products in a better and more efficient way. It's ideal for selling more than just the core service. It's very easy to anticipate what the customer might want.

Reasons for switching to SugarCRM

Sugar offers all the basic functions of a CRM. It can cover all needs for any type and size of the company. We were able to use it mainly to organize customer contacts.

Perez

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

An Easy to Understand CRM Solution

PROS

It is so easy to understand the features of SugarCRM. SugarCRM is so amazing.

CONS

I do not see difficulties when using SugarCRM.

Tom

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Lots of bugs, terrible customer support. Spend a little more for something that works.

You get what you pay for. It's an average platform with some significant drawbacks that aren't realized until you've signed on the line and are trying to onboard it. We use Sage as our base platform and had intended to use Sugar to allow our teams to work in one system and have it communicate with Sage. In theory, this saves us time, entering data in one window instead of multiple tabs in Sage. However, in many instances, Sugar cannot write to Sage. That's a one-way street, so many tasks still require manual entry in Sage. It's also very clunky. The data refreshes/synchs very slowly, so you're rarely looking at real-time data. It will refresh and reload pages while you're actively working in them, deleting your progress and forcing you to start the process over. Creating dashboards and reports requires the user to be literate in tech talk and computer logic. Trying to navigate the back end to find the data you're looking for takes ages. I haven't even tried playing with the workflow builder because I can't find the time to teach myself how to build a report or dashboard, much less anything more complex. We have identified numerous shortcomings, but when we contact Sugar Support, they tell us it's a bug they're working on with no timetable for a solution. Apparently, there are a LOT of bugs.

PROS

The system is easy to use in theory. The UI is decent and processes are intuitive. The price point is attractive since the company boasts that it parallells other higher-priced options in features and functionality. The onboarding was fairly simple and adjusting to the system was not difficult.

CONS

Customer service is abysmal. Our original contract included six limited use licenses designed to let our leadership team review content across all areas of the system (able to view all, but not edit certain elements). However, they did not work as promised and we ultimately had to purchase the more expensive licenses to allow our team access. When we made the purchase, the team at Sugar deactviated all other licenses on our account, despite the fact that we were only half way through our annual contract, which we'd already paid for. I tried calling their domestic customer support line and got voicemail. I eventually reached technical support via email, who had to relay my request to another department. Our business was effectively offline for half a day while this was sorted out and our access was restored. Two weeks later, I received an EMAIL from our Customer Success rep. She apologized for her late response and asked me to outline the issue. I did so and requested a call to discuss the incident. I never received another follow-up email, much less a phone call. Between bugs with the licenses, bugs with the search/filter, email issues, and zero customer support, I cannot understate how disappointed I am in this purchase and this company as a whole.

Reason for choosing SugarCRM

Price and UI. If I had to do it over, I'd spend a little more to get a better product.

Casey

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Round the clock support

PROS

First of all SugarCRM has a great set of features that outperforms many competitors. It comes with round the clock support and user forums for quick fixes and learning. Pipeline management and analysis powered by AI both thoroughly impressed me. I liked the integration with marketing.Dashlets are great organizers and lists are adjustable by filters. SugarCRM is customizable on many fronts.

CONS

I don't like how much we're paying for Sugar CRM. I don't like the learning curve that comes with it, it's hard even with great support. To me it doesn't look like enough care was taken to make a user friendly interface.Permissions for the entire team proved to be one of the worst tasks next to getting contacts imported which I had to do manually.

Reasons for switching to SugarCRM

SugarCRM offers such a great set of features.

sanjay

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2023

Robust Platform to have wide customer relationship

SugarCRM is a robust and feature-rich platform that can help businesses of all sizes improve their customer relationships and streamline their operations. It has a large and active user community, with regular updates and new features being added to the platform to ensure that it remains relevant and competitive in the market.

PROS

SugarCRM's lead management capabilities can also help to streamline sales processes. By providing a platform for managing leads, assigning them to sales reps, and tracking their progress through the sales pipeline, SugarCRM enables sales teams to work more efficiently and effectively. This can help to reduce duplication of effort, improve collaboration between different teams, and ultimately drive higher revenues and profits.

CONS

SugarCRM's contact management capabilities also provide powerful analytics and reporting tools that can help businesses to gain deeper insights into their customer interactions. By leveraging this data, businesses can identify trends and patterns in customer behavior, adjust their marketing and sales strategies, and ultimately achieve better results. This is a least like about my softwares where i can get the same feature in the other platform like salesforce.

Reasons for switching to SugarCRM

CRM systems can have a significant impact on the product, by helping businesses to better understand their customers, improve their sales and marketing efforts, streamline their operations, and make better decisions. By leveraging the capabilities of CRM systems, businesses can achieve their goals more efficiently and effectively, and ultimately drive higher revenues and profits. So i would like to switch from zoho crm to sugar crm

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Indeed a great CRM with effective results

Overall my experience with this CRM is great. I am using it daily and I can say that my daily work is incomplete without it. It is so simple to use and provides amazing results for reports and dashboards, their customer's support team is very responsive.

PROS

I am using it for more than three years and like almost everything about it. This CRM is very easy to use because of its simple design and easy to use user interface. I like the way SugarCRM provides reports and dashboards which is very easy to understand. SugarCRM provides secruity of data and information and now I can handle the different campaigns, create a different campaign for anyone and even get a complete picture of it very easily.

CONS

I would like to highlight one thing that I dislike about it which is its overall cost. A small organization may not afford this CRM but overall it is worth to spend on it.

Reason for choosing SugarCRM

We choose this because it has strong customer support team and it is less expensive compared to there products.

Brent

Reviewed December 2017

The low cost alternative to Salesforce

Its a CRM so it holds our customer data, but it fails at basic things like contract management, support ticketing, opportunity management, forecasting and searching

PROS

Its going to be difficult to provide any pro's about SugarCRM. I inherited this CRM after coming from multiple companies using salesforce. Sugar is about 40% less expensive than salesforce, and we use the on-premise, but cloud hosted model.

CONS

There are a lot of downsides to sugar. We had corruption issues each time we upgraded, dashboards are extremely limited, and you cannot push out dashboards to users. I find it difficult to use from a UI perspective, where expanded panels make the UI sluggish and busy. searching in the global search bar is odd and you never get proper results, results sets only return up to 1000 rows, other than that you need a report which is extremely difficult to use. Forecasting requires the individual to select the commit button, not the sales manager. You cannot set global quota, but rather a quota per month manually.Probably the most non intuitive UI i have ever used. Every new sales person is just bewildered by its use.

Michele

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

A basic out-of-the-box CRM system

Overall, SugarCRM is a good tool to manage all your contacts and create marketing campaigns (by email, by text messages, etc.). Import/export tools are quite well developed, whereas other integrations and features are to be paid separately.

PROS

SugarCRM is fairly easy to set up on a php+mysql (or other database) server.

CONS

Support is not always very responsive. Also, the GUI is quite outdated.

Reason for choosing SugarCRM

We chose SugarCRM because it was developed on PHP, that worked well with our systems.

Ian

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2019

This was always going to be a stepping stone for us

Implementation was rough, but most of that was on us. We should have hired a consultant and had rock solid best practices in place, but we didn't. Growth and support was a nightmare because we didn't employ a full timer with the right skill set to maintain it. Have since corrected those mistakes and moved to SalesForce. So much better!

PROS

A big step up from our legacy CRM (ACT). With the right resources, it was manageable.

CONS

We did not allocate the right resources and opted to implement the free community version. We paid for that dearly with disorganization and mistakes. We should have hired a consultant to help us.

Damion

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2019

SugаrCRM: Bооst yоur busіnеss

Thе Sugаr рlаtfоrm wоrks vеry wеll аnd іs quіtе sсаlаblе асrоss оrgаnіzаtіоns оf аll sіzеs.

PROS

Eхсеllеnt dаtаbаsе systеm. Cаn bе соріеd tо оthеr sеrvеrs. Custоm fіеlds. Abіlіty tо lіnk CRM dаtа tо dеаls. Gооd usеr іntеrfасе. Wе usе SugаrCRM аs оur рrіmаry tооl іn trасkіng аррlісаtіоns, dеtеrmіnіng еlіgіbіlіty, аnd mаnаgіng раymеnts fоr сhіldrеn іn рublісly fundеd рrеsсhооl рrоgrаms. Althоugh іt wаs рrіmаrіly dеsіgnеd аs а sаlеs tооl, wе usе іt lеss аs fоr sаlеs (gіvеn thаt wе аrе nоt а sаlеs оrgаnіzаtіоn) аnd mоrе аs а rеlаtіоnshір mаnаgеmеnt аnd ассоuntіng tооl. Wе hаvе а vеry smаll tеаm (10 реорlе tоtаl), but wе аll usе Sugаr оn а dаіly bаsіs.

CONS

Rеаlly, rеаlly fіnd іt а hаsslе (аt lеаst rіght nоw) tо synс Sugаr wіth оur mаrkеtіng аutоmаtіоn sоftwаrе. Wе usе а 3rd раrty API аs оur соnnесtоr bеtwееn thе twо systеms but I fіnd glіtсhеs іn іt thаt соnсеrn mе аnd mаkе mе wоndеr іf аll my іnfоrmаtіоn іs bеіng ассurаtеly trаnsmіttеd аnd mаtсhеd uр. Sugаr wаsn't vеry іntuіtіvе whеn I fіrst bеgаn usіng іt. Wе rесеntly hаd а 3rd раrty соmе іn tо rеdеsіgn thе systеm fоr us аnd оnсе іt wаs сustоmіzеd, іt wаs muсh bеttеr. Sеаrсh funсtіоn dоеsn't аlwаys sееm tо wоrk іn thе tор nаv bаr- frustrаtіng whеn I'm tryіng tо fіnd sоmеthіng fаst аnd dоn't wаnt tо gо іntо а mоdulе tо dо іt.

Computer Networking, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2017

Bargain paid open source CRM with lots of power

In my opinion, one of the top two open source CRM apps. A responsive web interface which works the same on all smartphones tablets laptops and desktop computers, no app required. The CRM of choice used by many upstart aggressive disruptive companies of all sizes. Highly cost effective, and expandable with tons of third party PHP modules available from the SugarOutfitters app store, such as connectors to your phone system, document system, marketing automation, reports, social media, etc. A complete bargain when compared with the usual salesforce which runs inside a restricted environment. Way more customizable because you have the wide ranging freedom of adding the latest innovations of PHP code to strengthen and automate your CRM.

PROS

Open source roots. Benefits from the rising tide of PHP innovations which let you keep up to date by adding new modules for a very affordable prices. There is a massive community of PHP developers available to help build custom modules for you for cheap prices, if you don't have PHP programming skills.

CONS

It can take some time to get used to how to use it. Also, it's too bad the free SugarCRM CE (Community Edition) version 6.5.25 is somewhat outdated, and updated only to fix security bugs. Although, it's about 75% the same features as the paid current version of SugarCRM Pro 7.8.

Clint

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Don't settle for SugarCRM

PROS

SugarCRM was fairly easy to get base-level reporting created, and without any training.

CONS

The mobile aspect is quite lacking... not good for a leader/manager who wants to check detailed data on the go or away from the office. We had a full-time SugarCRM admin onsite, and even he had trouble creating the level of detail we needed. Our requests weren't unique, we learned, when another software CRM was able to immediately handle them right out of the box.

Reason for choosing SugarCRM

Lower cost (and later regretted it)

Dominic

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2018

A good open source CRM, but lacking modernization

It allowed us as a small business to track, bill, and market to our customers and potential customers.

PROS

Of course you can't beat free when it comes to software. There are so many open-source applications out there that you can almost always find one that meets your needs in this day and age. SugarCRM has been around a long time and has become a mature CRM with all the basics you'd expect. It even handles customization fairly well. Dashboards are great for tracking the simply stuff and you can build your own as well.

CONS

SugarCRM has now split into 2 tracks. There's a paid-for premium version that is typically hosted by SugarCRM. Then there's the Community Edition that's still open-source and free. For years they co-existed side-by-side perfectly fine, but a few years back, SugarCRM decided to stop updating the Community Edition. CE is eternally stuck on version 6.5. And then in April 2018, they've removed it entirely so now you're stuck with the Pro or Enterprise editions which are paid-for.

LINDA

Automotive, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2021

Very versatile user interface and report generation features are wonderful

It is quite simple to get started. The search engine is fantastic. It allows us to easily manage a large amount of information. The database system may quickly copy the data to some other servers. It is connected with email and is particularly useful for receiving email updates. Several third-party technologies, like Act-On, can be integrated.

PROS

Dashboard collaboration now makes business-critical data accessible to those who require it. The total features ensured that the common perception of a CRM will now shift from a pragmatic, reviewable database to an operational, process-driven platform which will save time, generate benefits, and, as the motto states, "Do the job for you."

CONS

The user interface is not very inviting. The customer experience is mediocre. It does not allow for multiple device logins. As a result, it might be difficult to use occasionally. The smartphone app should be improved, since it does not feel up to all the same grade and appears to be a mistake. Keep in mind that many customers are out in the workplace and may not always be seated beside a pc.

Phil

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Great at first but degrades over time

PROS

We could customize it in-house without paying a lot of outside consulting fees

CONS

Storage space is an issue and your forced to buy more storage even when its Sugar's temp files building up.

Reasons for switching to SugarCRM

AutoPal was for the auto industry and had limited features