All Textedly Reviews

Ingrid

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

Loving It

Being able to market to my audience directly

PROS

I love being able to text customers directly to their phones. It allows for direct contact. A Cost Effective, Personal Marketing Tool In A Social Media World

CONS

I wish I had a few more characters, the "Text STOP to End" takes up quite a few

COST !!!!!!

Matt

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

It's the one I chose for a reason

Quite good. They were very helpful early on. Since then, it's been an easy platform to use.

PROS

The customer support was great during my research. They promptly answered my questions, even anticipating future considerations.

CONS

There's really not much I don't like. I suppose the layout of the platform itself could be a little better, but that's just personal preference.

Reason for choosing Textedly

The customer support answered all of my questions quickly.

Sasha

Sports, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Giving 2 stars for lack of flexibility for customers.

Good price for messages, but not good service for companies who sending SMS to new monthly, fresh and updated lists of customers.

PROS

I like the price for the service and i`m impressed with a delivery rate. Good job!

CONS

-Problem is you need to pay for keywords that you are not going to use in the next month. For example: I have a fresh list of customers every month and i need to create new keywords with new lists attached to them, but.....as per Textedly advise if "i remove a subscriber from a keyword, there is no way to resubscribe them on your end, even if you create a new keyword" and "We do not recommend deleting your keyword as it will delete all of your message data. It is best to keep your data in the event you are involved in a Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) legal matter. Penalties are $500 to $1,500 for each text message violation that you sent". So, why customer needs to pay for keywords he will never use in the future?. -Another difficulty for me was a lack of simplicity of platform usage and i need to communicate with a customer service and wait for the answer in order to solve technical issues or receive answers on my questions which i couldn`t find in QA section of Textedly.

Reasons for switching to Textedly

Because of delivery rate of EZ Texting lowered to 50% and i had almost every time 50% bounced messages. Very sad-it was my favorite platform and i`ve been in EZ Texting for a long time.

Nikola

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

A bit too expensive for my needs

PROS

It's great that users can try the product on a free trial (no card required).

CONS

I have limited credits that come with the purchase, I'd prefer to pay as I go.

Reason for choosing Textedly

I just wanted to try the product on a free trial.

Scott

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Great Product!!

I needed an easy to use and reliable text service! I read reviews of a lot of companies and settled on Textedly because of its ease of use and economic value. I have been using Textedly for a little over a year and highly recommend it!

PROS

The ease of use! The price is very nice!

CONS

None really! It took a little bit of time to get to know the interface.

Amin

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Like Mailchimp, but for Text

We are a subscription based e-commerce company and we use Textedly to connect with users when their credit card has expired such that they can update their payment method.

PROS

Cost! Of the various texting platforms, we found Textedly to be among the most economical. Additionally, I like that customers can join our text message lists by sending us a text message. This comes in very useful when we are delivering s presentation or are at a convention.

CONS

When you sign up, you’re assigned a phone number like “555-222”. I wish that the number was a normal number, like 612-555-5555, because customer tune out the corporate looking number. Secondly, it is very difficult to text customers individually. Rather, the platform is built for “mass” texts that go to an entire list of people. Finally, there is no ability to add in unique elements into the text. For example, in email marketing you can add tags to include an individual’s name into the body of an email. That type of customization doesn’t exist via Textedly.

Ibrahim

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Awesome service for text message

The textedly web text message service is very awesome and it is above my overall expectations.

PROS

Easy to text anyone on your subscriber list. Cheapest text messages services. Quick customer support.

CONS

When you erase any subscriber you cant send them a message until they reenroll by themselves.

Stephani

Utilities, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Textedly has provided an easy way to get important information to Customers and business Teams.

An effective way to communicate with Customers and Teams.

PROS

After trying several similar programs, Textedly stood out in Customer service, value and ease of use. The system is clean, easy to use and organized in an intuitive fashion. It is very user friendly. The Customer Service is responsive, helpful and accommodating. The Plans are set to meet the needs of users of all levels. Good product, good service, good value.

CONS

The only thing I would like is an app but they've focused on a good product at a good price and back it with good service so I've learned to adapt to not having an app for it.

Jeffrey

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Awesome SMS Service!

If you're considering adding SMS to your marketing strategies, definitely try Textedly!

PROS

We're incredibly new to using SMS for marketing. Didn't really know what we were doing, honestly. Textedly gave us a super easy intro, how-to, and focus on how to tackle this new aspect of our business. We don't have a huge market that we send texts to, but the response has been overwhelmingly positive. It's made my job of communicating with the field much easier and more personal.

CONS

There's nothing I don't like! Seriously, such an intuitive platform that makes texting our markets a cinch.

Amelia

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Textedly rocks!

PROS

I love how user friendly it is. You can use from your phone or desktop! Our parents love this service!

CONS

I really have noting negative to say about this service. Everyone is very helpful and it is so user friendly!

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed August 2022

Regret Using

PROS

The interface looks good. It's fairly easy to use.

CONS

I signed up for an Annual plan, but I did not realize text messages do not roll over to the next month. So it's use it or lose it. I thought that I'd just build up more messages for when I need them. I only need to send out text messages a few times a year, so it's not a good value for me. I wish that important point was made more clear before I switched from Mozeo. I was just looking at the cost per text, and for Textedly it was really low. Also, I don't appreciate that you can't change a Keyword. Once you use a Keyword, you have to keep it active (even if you aren't using it) and buy additional Keywords from Textedly. So now I have a plan that I'm over paying for, and I have to spend more money for additional keywords. There is also a $6 a month fee that goes to the FCC. Didn't know about that. There is no support phone to call. You have to message them. They may see your message right away, but maybe not. When you are in the middle of a task and you can't do something, like delete a Keyword, or change your company name, it really sucks to have to message them and stop what you're doing and just wait.

Reasons for switching to Textedly

For the lower cost text messages, but I regret that decision.

Kevin

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Good pricing for a no-frills texting service. Responsive customer service.

We're still trying to decide if there's enough value with this vendor to counter the issues with importing/exporting subscribers. We're currently with another SMS vendor that has more features (many that we don't use). We're looking for pricing in the range offered by Textedly, but the import/export functions are so basic and so critical to what we do.

PROS

Pricing is quite good. The administrative back-end is intuitive, and the set-up steps are easy to follow. Good match for smaller businesses setting up this type of service for the first time.

CONS

Unable to export subscribers. The current workaround suggested by Textedly is to copy and paste out of the admin listing of subscribers. Not a good solution. Importing/exporting is a basic function with any database-driven service. Unpleasantly surprised that this function is absent. Importing a current subscriber list is a bit unusual. You send your Excel file via email with your keyword as the subject line. Would prefer to handle everything in the admin back-end. Also can't import subscriber join dates, even though that field does exist in the Textedly database. The Textedly suggested workaround is to put the join dates in a different field, such as the email field. Another area that needs attention. In short, I like Textedly for the pricing and general ease of use. But if your business has an existing subscriber base, and you're looking for a new vendor, beware of a few significant issues with importing/exporting. One can hope that Textedly takes note and promptly addresses these issues.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2018

A great interface with a user centered functionality

Recommended!! if you are looking for an effective an on-time solution for you message marketing campaigns.

PROS

We are always on the move so we need something which can be easily accessible and flexible. Textedly suits best for instant messaging. It gives us feasibility to send a proper format message so that our customer/clients gets the whole knowledge in a single message, thanks to Textedly. Along with mass messaging, we can schedule it as well for later days. Apart from all other functionality, Textedly has a great customer support, which adds more value to customer experience.

CONS

Satisfied with all the aspects, and so simple to operate, for the cons, there is nothing much but they can always bring something new, which solves the pain issues of email marketing, can have more options in "Filter". Other than that, Great Work Textedly Team!

Jared

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Great for churches! The possibilities are endless!

This is opening up new possibilities for our church. People are better able to access information and we can communicate more effectively with Textedly. There are many opportunities we haven't even explored yet utilizing this new way of communicating.

PROS

The ability to reach people in the fastest easiest way. EVERYBODY at least glances at a text message if not read it completely. You can't say that about voicemails, emails, physical mail, etc...

CONS

The software itself is awesome. Took a little while to figure out how to use it. There were not useful videos or articles to help me with what I wanted. I use Textedly for two purposes. 1. For ongoing communication. People subscribe to a keyword (an all church keyword, or youth ministry keyword) and I can periodically send messages to inform, advertise, or communicate information. 2. I use a keyword for single use, or special uses. (To register for an event online, they text the keyword to get a link to online registration. Or to interact with the Sunday sermon, text a keyword to get a link to an article referenced, or for a survey, or poll.) There were no articles that explained I needed to delete subscribers if I wanted them to receive the automated predetermined message again. If they aren't removed and they text the same keyword again, they get a message saying they are already subscribed rather than getting the message I made. Also, you CAN change an existing keyword to a different keyword (the help articles don't say this). But you have to delete everyone that has subscribed to that first keyword before you can change it.

Adam

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2018

It has been very good. User friendly, cost effective, great features for simplistic usage

Increased ability to communicate more effectively with my leaders, teams, and members. Great tool for getting information out efficiently, quickly, and people don't feel spammed.

PROS

I love that I can schedule a group text message to be sent out ahead of time. It is super helpful administratively for me to accomplish this task earlier in the week whereas with other free texting services you have to hit the send button exactly when you want it sent - the send later option is amazing and worth every penny! Super affordable as well too.

CONS

Uploading the contacts can be a little difficult at times - chimp mail is a little bit more interactive and helpful to upload contacts/emails whereas Textedly format of their CSV doc needs to be exact or will reject uploading contacts; however, once you have it formatted properly it works amazingly!

Pablo

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

I love the system. Easy to use and affordable. It is a staple in our marketing plan. A+++++

We use textedly to text the expired listings in our market. It gives us a second option on reaching prospective clients. We are also looking into sending text with video links to our current clients and prospect. The next step is to use as a way to connect with our farms.

PROS

Easy to use. Easy to upload csv file. The interface is perfect. The affordability is great. I love having the templates and having the ability to send at a later date.

CONS

I wish it had campaigns that we can set up so when we enter a lead there would be a series of pre-determined text that would go out without having to set each one. But really not an issue.

Regina