• Pros

• "Seeing which blog and social media posts are resonating. Our account reps are excellent. Very responsive and helpful so I give them 5 stars on customer support."

• "It's data analytics capabilities and reporting features are top of its class. we are happy with this tool. "

• "They have given us very tangible ways to improve our performance on social media, and they are great at collecting other examples of best practices and comparative data. "

• Cons

• "Can be a tad complex, but ease of use has improved steadily so I am encouraged it will continue to get easier."

• "It can be quite hard to learn how to use the software and takes a bit of time to learn. However, the support team was great."

• "It's probably our lack of mathematical skills, but we sometimes have a difficult time setting up analytics dashboards. Fortunately, TrackMaven's templates and general analytics are super helpful. "

Browse TrackMaven Reviews

Ben from StarTalk Radio with Neil deGrasse Tyson

Excellent Social Media Advice

We use it to use data from competitors in our data set to jump on trends and do more effective social media posting.

Pros

Cons

I have no complaints. It always does exactly what I need it to do.

Geoffrey from Washington Redskins

An outstanding experience. Helps us in our business every single day!

Pros

My favorite feature is the clear way to tag posts. We use it to tag types of content, events they surround, and if they include any of our partners. This has proven to be valubale come end-of-the-year recaps. Also, it provides quick and easy ways to sort posts by quality as well as graph results for not just us, but all of our competitors.

Cons

Sometimes, the graphing functionality can be a little clunky. It can be hard to pull results exactly how you want them. Also, it doesn't have a way of excluding certain results from searches (such as posts that we tag DELETED) or do "AND" searches when searching tagged posts instead of "OR" (ex. "this tag" AND "that tag", not "this tag" OR "that tag")

Trackmaven experience

Trackmaven is an excellent tool for any marketing/sales department. Its features and functionalities are very good. We can track our marketing performance on the web and social media platforms and get good analytical insight to see what we are doing right or not

Pros

Cons

I don't know about cons for trackmaven, because our sales and marketing department hardly make any complaints about it.

Danielle from Conde nast

It has been good but I think it could be better

Pros

Tracking the social following (esp. vs. competitors), it is also great to see how one platform performs vs. the others

Cons

I feel as if there should be a way to track category of content vs. other categories, competitors, etc. You should also be able to see a content mix so for example 20% of content is fashion, 20% is beauty, 30% is health, etc. As well as how much one category over performs vs. another.

Aly from ISACA

I've been using TM for over a year now. I like using it to supplement our other analytics tools.

Competitor analysis, dashboards, easy to build graphs.

Pros

- Competitor analysis - Dashboards - Customer service help (Monica is very helpful) - Create your own graphs

Cons

- If you have a large legend not all of the legend shows when you export the graph. - We had many issues initially with tags/tag rules but they've been fixed. - I don't like that the time frames don't match up when you create a graph vs. in the content feed. - I used to use the chart that showed good times for you to post based on your competitors and I really miss not having that graph anymore.

Ben from Youth Villages

TrackMaven lets us know what is going to work before we do it on social media.

We got all the tracking we could want to report to all officers and directors.

Pros

I really like the the ease of reporting and metrics that anyone in our organization can understand (rather than simply posting things quickly).

Cons

I do miss the hour-by-hour data, which shows people the objective best times to post, so if that feature were added back, I could not come up with a con.

James from NJIT

TrackMaven has been a tremendous help in directing our Social Media Marketing efforts.

Ability to gauge our content performance as well as peer performance. The ability to adjust editorial calendars to coincide with current or past trends.

Pros

Ability to review peer content in real-time. Ability to look back at high performing content in order to plan out future content. Benching marking tools to visually capture the results of our efforts.

Cons

Not a fan of the look of the 'share' graphs Would be great to be able to get a combined look at quantitative and qualitative information. For example show impact per certain demographics.

Celeste from Grammarly

Overall, I've enjoyed using TrackMaven, and it has helped with our social efforts.

Pros

I enjoy both tracking content competitors' post promotion tactics and curating content in the Content Feed. I also get a lot of value out of social metrics reports, both comparing us to our competitors and just our brand.

Cons

Although I like how easy it is to build reports, I wish I could do a little more customization. Also, I wish TrackMaven would invest a bit more in paid content detection in the longterm, since that is important to benchmarking our strategy.

Erin from AEI

Industry: Political Organization

time-saving, multi-function, user-friendly

Saves time, compare metrics from several years ago. It is essential to my job duties.

Pros

I most like the ability to track a number of important metrics in one platform - without going to FB, Twitter, Insta ect. to compile metrics.

Cons

There are a few key functions that aren't available. 1) Exporting long charts (without cutting off rows). 2) Pulling in more detailed Google Analytics

Brittani from UPS

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great For Presenting The Whole Picture

Gathering and analyzing data in a centralized software allows for easier use and sharing.

Pros

I like that this software allows you to easily see data and create charts/charts to see the big picture. It also anticipates a lot of the questions I know I will be asked to help me better prepare the content for consumption.

Cons

I wish that the dashboards created by Track Maven allowed you to enter in customized dates. Also in the precreated dashboard, I wish there was an easy option to edit.

Bethany from Boston Children's Hospital

TrackMaven is a great tool that's user-friendly and provides all the info I need in one place.

Pros

The ease of use the the quality of the reporting are real highlights for me. I am also impressed how easy it is to get in touch with customer service and how quick they are to respond to my requests.

Hunter from World Learning

Awesome for comparative content

We are able to see how our content is performing, especially in comparison to our competitors. We are consistently trying to grow our following and are often behind, so it's extremely important to keep an eye on what everyone else is doing.

Pros

We love having all of our competitor's content in one platform and being able to compare the success of our efforts.

Tim from Franklin & Marshall College

TrackMaven is a great tool for aggregating our social media analytics!

Pros

I like being able to see and sort content from our competitors and compare their stats with our own.

Cons

I'd like to be able to see the number of engaged users/impressions to get a better sense of how effective our efforts are.

Julia from Condé Nast

Industry: Publishing

Great support from the client managers. Straight, to the point tool.

Social tracking on O&O

Pros

Intuitive, pretty graphics, great content searchers. Dashboards are easy to set up, and reports are also easy to create.

Cons

A little confusing setting up tags or tag rules (have to do two different steps that I didn't know) can't export content graphics

September 2016

Ayesha from Invincea

September 2016

Trackmaven review

had it for 2 years at my company. had to cancel due to budget. Great data, but the price is a bit high compared to other tools in the industry. Recommendations: market about your value prop compared to tools who claim to offer similar services.

Pros

see description

Cons

see description

Courtni from Furniture Row

Industry: Furniture

TrackMaven is a good supplemental tool to evaluate performance.

Pros

I enjoy being able to see what content my competition is producing on their blogs and how followers are reacting on social media. The interactions feature is a great tool to see how many people are "touching" your content.

Cons

It's hard to compare how your brand is doing when specific markets are so different (ex: number of followers). I wish that there was some sort of tool that generated "trending" topics within your industry such as "top keywords for the past week."

October 2015

Elizabeth from Clarabridge

October 2015

Great content marketing and PR measurement tool

Pros: - Real time, custom alerts for media hits, competitors media hits and for content that is relatively more engagement - Normalizes data for relative impact - Great for understanding how engaging the content is, not just how many views it's getting. Cons: - The Visualizer is a little bit clunky, and you can't drill down into it. - Cannot take any action from within the tool on your social accounts

Amanda from Aerohive Networks

Useful information and the platform has steadily improved in the year I've been using it.

Shanna from Marketo

AMAZING customer service!

I've never before worked with a social tool that had such amazing customer service. Special shoutout to Blair who works tirelessly to help me pull reports at odd hours. Even though we're on different time zones, I can always trust that my questions will be answered within a short timeframe. The whole team goes above and beyond!

Lanie from Condé Nast

The interface isn't simple. It seems like it is but simple things aren't easy.

Pros

Very telling. I love the summary st the bottom that shows you the best articles. Large array of comp sets available.

Cons

Pulling data for something that should be simple is very difficult. I've tried pulling the same report in different ways (bar graph vs table etc.) and I get different data each time. It makes it hard to trust the data.

Audrey from Infor

Great customer service. Tool has expanded its functionality in the past few years.

Analytics of overall engagement on channels as well as data on how we measure up versus our top competitors.

Pros

The ability to sort easily content vs competitors. Also, the new dashboards feature allows each user to tailor content to their specific channels.

Cons

The export of data needs to be manipulated quite a bit for company-specific reports and presentations, which can be time consuming.

January 2016

Matt from VideoBlocks

January 2016

Excellent for Reporting and Trend Analysis

I've used TrackMaven for nearly a year and a half, primarily for reporting purposes and strategic analysis. It's a great "looking glass" into our real-time and historic activity, benchmarked by industry and competitor data. Useful tool, and their customer support team is fantastic.

Kelsey from Marketo

Great social tracker

Love using this for our monthly / quarterly reports. Track Maven is able to give me insights into how our social channels have performed over a given time. I wish the visualizers were a little more user friendly. I also wish it was able to give me more insight on our media efforts.

Sophie from Think Tanks

Very helpful if you know how to use it

Pros

The software capabilities are great and always improving and the support services are excellent whenever I have used them.