Browse TweetDeck Reviews

Andrew from J&J Editorial

Industry: Publishing

TweetDeck Makes Scheduling Content Easy!

Pros

TweetDeck is better than the actual Twitter site for my company. TweetDeck has made it effortless for me to schedule tweets for my company typically a week in advance so that we are not pressed to try to tweet live content. If something needs to be changed or rescheduled prior to the scheduled time, it is fairly easy to reschedule. TweetDeck also permits us to tweet for the multiple accounts I manage and follow the timeline and mentions for all accounts on one screen. I can also schedule content in advance for any time when I will be away, so that no one has to cover my work in my absence.

Cons

I have been unable to reschedule a tweet without deleting and reposting the scheduled tweet. It is not too difficult to copy the tweet and paste with a new date and time, it just adds a few steps that could be alleviated. It would be great to see TweetDeck add an option to schedule polls, as tweeting a poll recently is the only time I have used the actual Twitter site to post a tweet for my work.

Reasons for Choosing TweetDeck

We chose TweetDeck because it is free to use, and found that it is also easy to learn.

Stephen from Marathon High School

An Excellent Information Organizer

I use Tweetdeck to manage professional learning communities in an education environment. This includes sharing resources, learning with colleagues from across the globe, building relationships between different schools and educators, and also for keeping up with relevant education news.

Pros

Tweetdeck helps to categorize and collate conversations, topics, groups, and threads on a social media platform that can be overwhelming. The tool is free and it is also supported directly by parent company Twitter, so there is a level of legitimacy, security, and trust that is built-in. The tool is also very easy to use and allows for far better management of information. Tweetdeck allows a user to easily separate (and then access) relevant information on user-selected subjects with minimal issue.

Cons

One of the biggest drawbacks is that Tweetdeck only really works well on larger screens such as computers or tablets. It would be nice if there was a functional mobile version. There are competitors such as Hootesuite, but these are third-party apps without the same level of integration.

Reasons for Switching to TweetDeck

I wanted something that was managed by Twitter as my primary tool.

Masturah from Celcom Axiata Berhad

TweetDeck is the best companion for Twitter

Pros

TweetDeck are making Twitter more flexible and easy to navigate throughout the twitter timelines. I can customized almost everything and set the keyword priority that i want to appear on my timeline. There are also a feature to scheduling tweet, which can't be found on the Twitter itself.

Cons

Some of the content of the twitter is not properly loaded by TweetDeck. I need to login to the Twitter to see all the content that not loaded. It is a hassle and annoying after it has happen too frequent which making the using of this software is not feasible anymore.

Eric Eduardo from Asociación Mutual de Venado Tuerto

Industry: Computer Games

Tweetdeck makes Twitter management easier

In one of my previous jobs, I had to supervise several Twitter accounts at the same time and sometimes needed to upload content as well. TweetDeck saved me the hassle of having several tabs and browsers open at the same, and to constantly login to the business accounts. At my current job I only need to manage two accounts, but it still saves me the hassle to open two different browser and I still enjoy the scheduling option.

Pros

TweetDeck makes the management of multiple Twitter accounts really easy, which is great when you have to control business accounts while still having access to your personal one. The different tools available helps to save a lot of time, as being able to see reactions from different accounts in real time simultaneously, or being able to post the same tweet on different accounts. As a browser app, it has the benefit of consuming little resources, but that also produces the lack of notifications and forces to have an open tab at all times (or when you need it). The best feature for me is to schedule content, allowing you to prepare in advance (even if you plan to add photos or videos). You can also link accounts, saving you to logging to every single one each time you need to use the service.

Cons

The interface can get a big busy when working with several tweeter accounts, and I would wish there was a desktop alternative. Other than that, this is a cool app.

Save time and Connect with Clients

Easy to use, secure, and a huge time saver. TweetDeck works to properly manage clients and even your own tweeter account.

Pros

TweetDeck has allowed my small business to properly run social media campaigned for my clients. It keeps us organized with publishing/posting daily and securely giving access to our staff.

Cons

The software is basically free and easy to use. Other software offers more features but is a bit more costly. I do not really have any cons.

affordable and reliable

Guido from Dafiti Argentina

Best Twitter management tool

I use TweetDeck to manage all my company's accounts (marketing, HR, sales, social, etc). It's really easy for me because I use it once a day, program all the content in only one log in and go on with my day.

Pros

Tweetdeck allows you to manage a multiple Twitter accounts. You can schedule tweets and check the analytics right in there. It's a browser app, so it doesn't require lot of resources, you just log in on any device and that's it.

Cons

It can get a little heavy when mentions flow on busy days. You also can't check all the users who have retweeted content (just the last 100). Analytics on tweets could be better.

Reasons for Choosing TweetDeck

I chose TweetDeck instead of Hootsuite because is a native app and I prefer my accounts to be secure.

Shannon from Self-Employed

The Only Way to View Twitter

I've used this company in its various incarnations over the past decade+ and I've loved it every step of the way. It's the only way I feel like I can effectively use Twitter to its best capacity.

Pros

The browser-based Tweetdeck is speedy and effective in handling multiple Twitter accounts. I like that there are safety features built in for those of us who use it for client accounts—the extra click to check a box has often meant the difference between an embarrassing client situation.

Cons

The multiple streams is hard for some to get used to who have not used a Twitter client before—another freelancer was confused by the setup, but the learning curve is almost non-existent, so that confusion passed quickly.

Reasons for Switching to TweetDeck

Hootsuite just did not offer enough of a different experience from Tweetdeck to justify the cost (paid vs free, in this case).

Andrés from Blanko SRL

Industry: Packaging and Containers

The #1 tool for Twitter marketing

We use TweetDeck to share experiences about our company and clients with the products we sell.

Pros

TweetDeck shares information about the audience that you are engaging . I love to schedule tweets for later within the app, but the #1 feature of the app is that Twitter Inc. bought it and is now part of the same company as the social network.

Cons

It doesn't keeps the analytics of an individual tweet, which is really helpful for us.

Reasons for Choosing TweetDeck

We choose TweetDeck because is a native app from the same company. No API's involving third-party companies. We are not comfortable with that.

Todd from Trademark Property

A Different Way to View Twitter

For casual Twitter use, it's a solid experience. But for many others, it might not be your cup of tea. It's changes are rather jarring, use with caution.

Pros

TweetDeck re-organizes Tweets to unclutter each tab and to smooth out the experience. Great for easier readability and multitasking. Also comes with different customization options, including light and dark modes and small/medium/large columns.

Cons

The changes TweetDeck makes are subjective. The way it formats itself is NOT for everyone, and many may prefer Twitter in its original format. If you try it and don't like it, you probably might not get used to it any time soon.

Reasons for Switching to TweetDeck

Easier to process information for myself. Original Twitter is still great.

Rachelle from Education

Great Tool for Managing Your Twitter

We are using TweetDeck to interact with a diverse group of customers and keep our tweets going out at regular intervals.

Pros

We love TweetDeck because it keeps our Twitter activity organized and easy to access. Our company schedules tweets and then later we can analyze the response to them.

Cons

There is a lot going on with the main page, especially when managing multiple accounts. It can seem a bit cluttered at times.

Reasons for Switching to TweetDeck

Twitter's Dashboard app is now defunct so we we switched to TweetDeck.

Thomas from Clickback

If You Manage Social Media, This is a Great Tool

Very positive. Personally, I manage 4 social media accounts for various projects, and this is my favourite app to ensure I'm on top of consistently scheduling content.

Pros

I LOVE TweetDeck. I switched from the native Twitter app to this some years ago, and I haven't looked back. With the exception of the occasional hitchiness when attempting to watch a video on the desktop application, this is the perfect app for managing multiple twitter accounts and scheduling your content. I use it for personal purposes to manage promo Tweets etc. and I haven't even considered switching to something else.

Cons

There really isn't much, but as I mentioned, there's some occasional hitching when viewing images or video on the desktop app. Not a big issue at all though.

Reasons for Choosing TweetDeck

Same reason as above. I much prefer the layout and ability to monitor multiple streams when managing multiple social accounts.

Reasons for Switching to TweetDeck

I find TweetDeck to be much more reliable on desktop than other apps. Plus, it's free so you can't really go wrong there.

Angela from Otter Things

Tweetdeck Makes Twitter Easier to Manage

I have to keep multiple twitter accounts for my shop, writing and illustrating. This would be incredibly tedious if I had to do it with the native Twitter app. There are way too many posts to find by scrolling down the feed. With TweetDeck, I can not only track my accounts but also schedule posts for advertising sales, pitching my books, and following feeds of the various groups. The interface is easy to navigate, and it allows me to have a dark mode just like the regular Twitter app. Probably the best part of the software is that it's free. Other software requires you to pay for some of the same functionality.

Pros

Tracking multiple accounts with TweetDeck is much easier than using the Twitter app or browser access. I can schedule multiple posts for later, which is handy during pitch writing contests or sending advertisements for sales. I love that I can set up search columns for the various groups I follow.

Cons

There are a few issues with TweetDeck that are a little annoying. If you want to add GIFs, there is no icon to open up a search as the native app has. This option isn't a deal-breaker by any means, but it does slow down my production when I have to search somewhere else and paste it in. I also wish there was a previewing option. Twitter doesn't have this either, but I would thing with scheduling, TweetDeck would incorporate this.

Reasons for Choosing TweetDeck

I chose TweetDeck over Hootsuite because the interface was easier to work with and had a cleaner look. TweetDeck also rarely gave me issues when posting scheduled tweets as opposed to Hootsuite.

Shannon from Dream Steam Games

Industry: Graphic Design

Great for monitoring all your Twitter activity

I manage two separate Twitter accounts through TweetDeck and I believe it is a must-have for anyone that is building their brand. I am able to quickly sift through which tweets are performing the best and use that information to build better tweets in the future. My only qualm with TweetDeck is that a tweet's individual analytics are not made available.

Pros

The customizable columns and the quick filtering that is possible within each column. For example, you are able to quickly review all your retweets, favorites etc. within the notifications column. You are also able to schedule tweets within TweetDeck, which eliminates the need for other post scheduling services as long as you are only using one social media profile.

Cons

TweetDeck removes the analytics from an individual tweet making it harder to determine which tweets are being viewed the most. It largely relies on a user's interaction with a tweet and allows you to filter for those results. It also limits users for business Twitter accounts (there's no option for multiple users) which adds a level of difficulty when you need an account for each individual that will have access.

Reasons for Choosing TweetDeck

It would be inaccurate to say we chose TweetDeck over Buffer, because we still utilize Buffer daily. TweetDeck is our go-to service for monitoring Twitter because of the filtering options it offers. TweetDeck is far better for monitoring while Buffer is better for post scheduling because you can schedule identical posts for multiple social profiles.

Reasons for Switching to TweetDeck

We were using TweetDeck originally and attempted to switch to HootSuite, however, the value wasn't there and we switched back

TweetDeck: Tweet and Forget About It

TweetDeck is very helpful and convenient. It's taking the guesswork out of Twitter. If you're like me, and you're particular about how things are scheduled, you'll like TweetDeck. You can schedule your tweets to post at certain times. This is great if you've got a great recipe or something to post. Save it and schedule for 5 p.m. when people are getting off work and heading to the grocery store. If you constantly want to boost your engagement on social media but don't have time to tweet, let TweetDeck do it for you. TweetDeck goes beyond just scheduling, Tweets however. You can view different categories which helps you keep an eye on what's happening in certain areas. If you like local news, you can keep an eye on that in one category. If you want to see what you yourself are tweeting, there's also that option. TweetDeck will also show your home page and your notifications. The search feature is also great and can devote a whole column to that users that you're viewing. The only complaint is that TweetDeck is a little confusing and it does take some time to get used to. There's quite a few columns on mine and it took me a while to figure out that I had to scroll all the way to the right to see them. It works better on a bigger screen opposed to my tiny phone screen. I do like that you can have as many or as few columns as you want, however.

Pros

I use Twitter for business and personal use. I struggle to remember to tweet even though I know it's important for engagement. That's why I like TweetDeck. It allows me to schedule my Tweets ahead of time which is mostly what I use it for. It's great to be able to set tweets for the next hours, days, and even week if you wanted to go that far in advance. I like that when you're scheduling for a day in advance, the calendar automatically switches to that which makes it easier for you to keep an eye on.

Cons

I really don't like how congested the screen is when you're viewing it. The words tend to smoosh together because there's a lot of different columns for you to keep an eye on. Also, it's kind of confusing to try and figure out how to delete a tweet after you already scheduled one.

Mike from DataPro International

Tweetdeck Leaps and Bounds Ahead of Twitter

I have been using Tweetdeck for both personal and business use for many years. Recently the updates to Tweetdeck have been a major upgrade to the service. Tweetdeck has surpassed Twitter in it's clear layout of Tweets in the home column instead of having them jumbled on the timeline like Twitter does. For business use this makes it clear to monitor updates from other companies in the market place. It is also much easier to interact with clients and provide feedback nearly instantly with the use of sound notifications. Sound notifications with Tweetdeck is a sweet bonus that Twitter doesn't provide giving a non-invasive notification that doesn't disrupt whatever else you are doing at the time or require the need to remove the notification from the screen. Tweetdeck can be used with multiple accounts and teams can have access to accounts so that business administration can be handled more efficiently. Overall Tweetdeck is leaps and bounds ahead of Twitter for both a business product and for personal use. I would recommend it to anyone seeking to improve their social media performance.

Pros

The column settings buttons in Tweetdeck are easy to use. The dark theme makes it easier on the eyes than the static white used to. Everything is cleanly and neatly laid out for both personal and business use.

Cons

When using Tweetdeck sometimes it takes time for the columns to load. Managing a business and keeping track of different companies via their Twitter updates is hindered when the information isn't easily accessible.

Wendy from The Weekend Gourmet

TweetDeck: Organizing and Streamlining Your Brand via Twitter

Overall? TweetDeck lets me have a robust Twitter presence...with scheduling, I can keep my brand front and center...even while I sleep. I typically log on to TweetDeck each morning to see responses to Twitter questions, Tweets to me @TheWeeekendGourm, and to any hashtags I used. Instead of scrolling to look, they're withing the columns that I set up up on my personal deck. Easy peasy...saves me time and frustration!

Pros

I love how I can manage several screens of Twitter one one main screen, rather than swtiching back and forth. I use TweetDeck for two purposes: (1) Twitter parties and (2) scheduling tweets before and after my core business hours. For Twitter parties, I typically have my Twitter for The Weekend Gourmet up in one column...responses to questions in another section, mentions of @TheWeekendGourm in another column, and the hashtag for the subject of the Twitter party in another column. This allows me to tweet -- and incorporate pictures! -- in my personal column, see and respond to tweets responses in general...or those that mention @TheWeekendGourm and/or hashtag. I am able to respond immediately. For scheduling, I put in text and/or pics and schedule them to post during the evening, overnight, and early morning. I'm off the clock, but TweetDeck keeps my Twitter "prensence" active 24/7. When I log back on, I can see responses in the TweetDeck columns waiting for me...and respond. No scrolling or searching...it's all right there on one screen!

Cons

TweetDeck parties/chats can move FAST, so you have to be prepared to multi-task, type fast, etc. For all the benefits TweetDeck provides?This is a small issue

TweetDeck is a great advanced Twitter Interface

I used TweetDeck to manage my company's twitter profile

Pros

What's great about TweetDeck is it gives you all the advanced features for Twitter in a slick and intuitive interface. This includes things like scheduling tweets, multiple accounts, custom filters and searches, etc. And since it's from Twitter directly, there's no extra syncing or permissions needed- it all just works out of the browser.

Cons

Things can get a bit crowded in TweetDeck- some more customization options might help like this- like text color, link color, etc (beyond the dark mode/light mode)

Reasons for Choosing TweetDeck

More simple, intuitive, less hassle

Reasons for Switching to TweetDeck

TweetDeck was just more simple, and could do basically the same things

Trina from Letra & Musica Producciones, C.A.

I don't lose any detail of my twitter thanks to this software.

Tweetdeck is a software of obligatory use in our publishing house. It is very easy to use and therefore each of our employees can access it and modify or add tweets, according to the guidelines of our publisher. Although it does not have statistics, it is an excellent software to strengthen the projection of our publishing house, not only with our clients but with our colleagues, with whom we share materials and products.

Pros

In our editorial of utmost importance to nourish the different accounts in social networks to expose and project successfully all our books and research. In this incessant search to improve the use of Twitter, let's have this fabulous software called tweetdeck. Tweetdeck offers us many benefits, among which I can mention a total monitoring of my social network twitter, thanks to the fact that I can decompose the tools and options of twitter in columns, allowing me to observe at the same time my twitter messages, besides observing my direct messages, retweets, user mentions and configuration options. Besides this, this software allows me to program messages according to the hours you want, creating a certain informative trend in my twitter, this pleases users who follow us in the editorial because they can plan their time and enter our twitter in the hours previously described by us.

Cons

One of the great weaknesses that I can mention of this software is that, despite the benefits it offers for the efficient management of twitter, it is necessary that the developers of tweetdeck add to their statistical analysis functions and thus have a more accurate approach to the use of our social network Twitter.

Wulliams from UCAB - Universidad Católica Andrés Bello

For the community manager, tweetdeck is the best software in the world

Although it can not be used in other RRSS other than twitter, that does not take away its extraordinary utility and excellent functions. Tweetdeck is a fascinating tool that I have linked at an instrumental level with the Community Manager, but at the level of influencer I have used it in my career as a theater actor and producer, leaving in me an incredible satisfaction, since I have been able to enhance my exposure as never before. I had imagined it. I highly recommend the use of this software for all those who, like me, want to make their career more known to other users and Internet users

Pros

This software has too many qualities that enhance the career of the community manager, specifically in the exhibition and monitoring of the image that is sought. However one of the most important features that I can perceive of Tweetdeck is the easy to use, as well as the display of the full profile by columns, where you can see in real time and on a single screen, my tweets, mentions, private messages and the Tweaker and hashtag to keep me more informed. It also has a particular feature that I love and is the ability to program tweets so that they can be tweeted at any time without having to be on the PC all day; I also like the scheduling of notifications quite a bit, allowing me to do a deep follow-up of any profile.

Cons

If this software works in other RRSS like pinterest, facebook, snapchat, periscope, and inclsuo, linkedIn was one of the best software that I have used, however it only works for twitter.

Alan from Harper College

Tweetdeck is all you need for your Twitter needs

Managing multiple social media accounts in one tab makes the social media management much easier. No longer does one have to juggle several different browsers, all tabbed to twitter.com and kill either their Mac or PC's RAM.

Pros

The multi-account support is a big plus. I have a personal account and one for the online media outlet I own and manage. Being able to tweet from either (or both) is a time saver and I don't need multiple browsers to handle such things. I like the columns setup as well, allowing me to disseminate tweets, mentions, messages and check hashtags if I so choose at any given moment. And it stays on my browser so I'm not using an extra app that could take extra RAM.

Cons

When Tweetdeck did run its own app prior to its inevitable purchase by Twitter itself, the app was unstable at times and was using a platform that Adobe themselves eventually de-emphasized anyways. It is a shame however that Twitter has also de-emphasized the smartphone app itself in favor for their own, which still lacks some features that the browser-based Tweetdeck has that other third party clients such as Talon for Twitter has.

Support being at home

With the time available and the right concentration, it is a super useful tool to manage several Twitter accounts. Particularly I had a health incident a few years ago, and I could not move to the office, from my home and with this tool I could not only continue managing and approving content for corporate social networks, but it allowed me to stay informed and support other people and media in the timely management of its contents and campaigns.

Pros

The ability to manage several twitter accounts at the same time, programming content publication several days in advance, allowing advance tasks in teams that work for guards and could focus on other tasks, without the need to be tweet at the moment. Similarly, the monitoring of mentions, RTs and responses is streamlined with this tool, allowing an analysis of followers' preferences to redirect a campaign on time.

Cons

When managing several accounts at the same time, and not having a calendar, but a drop-down list, the programming and / or editing of the content is done uphill, since you must scroll to search for programmatic contents, and be attentive to the icons of the accounts so as not to confuse them.

John from UK Defence

Industry: Defense & Space

Excellent for multiple monitoring of events

This is a very useful app for general monitoring of breaking events and then pace of the conversation. From a brand watching, marketeer, view it can be useful to see the pace of the conversation but it gives no analysis of the sentiment, language being used. This would benefit from organic and dynamic integration with Twitter Analytics.

Pros

The ability to monitor in real-time the feeds of any hashtag or user is incredible. On a big screen, watching situations from their initiation to conclusion, through the lens of mass participation is extremely useful for understanding. It is possible to see actions and reactions extremely quickly, enabling dynamic decision making as events unfold. Fantastic for watching the travails of stocks & shares, brands, the thoughts of politicians, sports stars and famous people, all simultaneously. Scheduling posts is an added extra that proves very useful for managing a social media campaign although there are other tools that manage this better.

Cons

There is no analytical capability within tweetdeck. Feeds can spin very rapidly during major events or conversations but there is no means to capture that and analyse any of the data flow, you merely become a bystander as crowds cheer, scream, shout and cry in front of you. No mobile app. This is particularly frustrating but there is no Android app (unsure if there is an iOS one). This means repeatedly having to log back in to a PC to maintain scheduling or monitoring.

Alfredo from CANTV

TweetDeck: My favorite

There are few disadvantages that I see this tool, I use it as a first reference for press monitoring. I have columns to see what is said on Twitter about Cantv. We use it daily.

Pros

This is a free app that allows us to manage our social networks in an organized and simple way. It is very friendly and easy to manage. I, in particular, recommend it more than any other. Pros - The first advantage of TweetDeck is that it allows us to manage unlimited Twitter and Facebook accounts. In the case of the latter, only personal profiles. - You can manage countless columns of interest such as mentions, interactions, private messages. - You can program innumerable daily messages, including more than one photo and videos. - Allows you to create lists of our most common interests. - It is ideal to monitor the interactions of the public of our brand. - Easily export lists between one account or another.

Cons

Cons - It does not allow managing Facebook fan pages. - The placement of several columns can make navigation slow. - It does not allow to see the hours of the RT.

Rick from Fascinating Monsters

For serious Twitter users and some business users, all free

Pros

I've been using TweetDeck since it was an Adobe Air app and instantly fell in love with its multi-column interface. TD fans were worried that Twitter would abandon it after they took it over, but instead, they multiplied its presence on several platforms. For a while anyway. Now it's web-only but still powerful. Depending on your Twitter business needs, it may work for you. You can schedule Tweets; add multiple Twitter accounts; add team members; monitor keywords, brands, and users; create several columns and populate them with collections, searches, lists, et. al. Not bad for a free product. I use the Better TweetDeck Chrome extension to add a few features, such as collapsible columns, and tweak TD's appearance. Before you pay a service like HootSuite, you owe it to yourself to check out TweetDeck first.

Cons

Neither analytics nor statistics are integrated directly into TweetDeck as they are in products like HootSuite and there's no option to get them there either. This may be a deal-breaker for most businesses.

TweetDeck is a content creator's dream

My overall experience with TweetDeck is amazing! Being able to manage multiple accounts is a game changer for me. I believe that almost anyone can be their own PR firm or media company with the right tools. TweetDeck is one of those tools that makes this all possible.

Pros

I like that I can manage multiple accounts on one screen. I do a lot of social media coaching and management and it helps to not have to toggle over from tab to tab.

Cons

Sometimes there are little glitches. I will schedule a tweet and, at times, it feels like a toss-up as to whether it gets sent or not.

Reynaldo from deportepara el desarrollo

My twitter is better managed with tweetdeck, a software that I love

Just use it for a week and you will see why I speak only expose positive aspects of this software, you will not regret

Pros

The use of social networks in my work space is of supreme importance, it allows me to socialize and share my professional practices with the entire community of the web. Currently with my twitter account I expose social and devocative activities at a national level, so I have comments, followers, mentions, and retweets. Tweetdeck is an excellent application that allows me to manage my twitter account correctly and in real time, making it more attractive to the public, and this I say, because it has a system of review and management of the account by columns that is, from my perspective , one of the greatest strengths of this software, since it does not lose detail of the interaction with the followers, being able to review each one of the mentions, tweets and retweets that make of my publications. A software that is highly recommended to enhance your work and expose it to the 2.0 community, which is constantly in need of new information.

Cons

Another of my essential and very dear software, that I never abandon. Since I use it I only have positive things to say about it, and every professional or worker I know I recommend it without hesitation

Allen from Bitcoinsallday

Tweet Deck Take Twitter To The Next Level

It's a great platform I use it every day, it is a major platform that I use.

Pros

You can use this platform to help sort out all the noise that happens on some social media feeds like Twitter, handy for following favorite feeds that some times you might miss, you can track hashtags easily and schedule tweets

Cons

it does not have emojis and Gif build into the platform you have to use third-party platform witch are buggy and break witch is annoying

Reasons for Switching to TweetDeck

I use the gifs and emojis on Twitter

Tweetdeck is for powerusers

This helps me keep an eye on the latest trends and lets me create a column where I can see if a certain hashtag is doing well or not. Easier for me to do side by side comparisons.

Pros

I love the fact that it's easier for me to check my tweets and DMs without having to navigate to different sections on a page (i.e. the Twitter website). One can easily mute tweets here and even schedule them for later. I can set up a column dedicated to a keyword I need to monitor and scroll it without having to open a separate page. TD allows for one to view tweets without having to refresh the page and this is what makes it easier to keep an eye on everything. It's a web app so one can open this in any browser which supports HTML5 and there is no need to install a special app.

Cons

The option to schedule tweets is not available in the latest beta of the software. There is no built-in spell-check. One has to use an external plugin to check for Grammar.

Andy from University of Notre Dame

Still the best platform of its kind

I use TweetDeck for my personal, as well as three professional accounts. It has been easy to monitor and include media with the tweets. Again, still the best multiple-account platform out there.

Pros

Tweetdeck allows users to administer multiple accounts at once, in real time. It provides for the major categories of information an admin may need (analytics excluded). Its ease-of-use may be its biggest draw, as well as the ability to house multiple accounts and vary the kinds of information visible for each. Scheduling is also easy.

Cons

They tested the inclusion of gifs in tweets composed from TweetDeck, but later removed it. That's a shame. I loved that feature. Also, for "viral" moments when mentions are flying in fast and furious, Twitter's native site may be a better option.

Reasons for Choosing TweetDeck

I didn't care for the link shortening or the UI in competitors like Hootsuite. TweetDeck met my needs and preferences more fully.

Louise from D2iQ

Optimal version of twitter

Nice way to aggregate Twitter accounts and get real-time streams of your feeds and lists.

Pros

All the features of tweetdeck directly in the browser, especially the real-time tracking and organization. Being able to split up the screen into multiple columns makes monitoring much easier. You can also schedule twitter posts which for a while was exclusive to TweetDeck. If you have multiple Twitter accounts, you can have TweetDeck manage all of them for you without needing to login and logout. The default dark theme is pleasing to the eye. Performance is very fast which is impressive considering all that is needed to load. Lastly it's free to use!

Cons

The UI is quite busy (by design) and tweets may fall through the cracks. It's like a professional stock trading screen on steroids. You really need a large monitor to take advantage of Tweetdeck as it doesn't work as well with smaller screens.

Jackie from Online media

Industry: Writing and Editing

Fairly intuitive

The benefits definitely outweigh the cons with this software. I think TweetDeck has made it extremely simple of people who aren't too in touch with social media or technology to get the hang of it right off the bat with very few hiccups.

Pros

I used this program for a couple of years with my last job. I found it extremely easy to understand right off the bat, which is unusual for a social media luddite like me. Once I got the hang of it I was able to navigate the page with ease. I didn't find there to be too many bells and whistles, meaning I didn't get overwhelmed at the look or feel of the program. It is even something I could likely teach to another person due to its simplicity.

Cons

Scheduling across timezones was sometimes a bit awkward. I noticed a few times my scheduled tweets didn't publish. I don't know if the page was overloaded, but this could have gotten me into hot water if I were working with a more strict team.

Very functional; great for monitoring

TweetDeck is great for what it is. However, there are other sites that offer more features, for instance, Hootsuite has it's own library of stock images, GIFs, etc. However, this isn't necessarily a dealbreaker for me. I love TweetDeck's straightforward design and ease of use. I would definitely recommend it.

Pros

The best part about TweetDeck is that you can set up multiple columns for the various channels you'd like to monitor. As the social media manager for several brands, it's extremely convenient being able to see what people are saying about my brands in real-time. Columns aren't just for mentions either, you can set them up based on hashtags, scheduled tweets or even just noteworthy figures you'd like to keep tabs on. The app is free — so it won't cost you a penny! When you re-tweet/like a tweet, it will give you the option to choose which account you'd like it to be reflected from; totally eliminating the process of having to log in and out of multiple accounts.

Cons

I love that TweetDeck has made updates to allow for an auto-scheduling feature. Previously, it didn't and I was forced to use another social management site. Now that they've added this functionality, I don't have very many cons to say about it.

Essential Social Media Management

I use Twitter daily for multiple reasons and businesses, and having everything accessible essentially at a glance is indispensible.

Pros

The free environment that allows multiple accounts to be managed, and allows multiple individuals access to our corporate accounts.

Cons

The need to regularly scroll to access information is inconvenient that could be solved by a better layout.

Cost, ease of use.

Kezi from prefeitura Municipal de Guapiara

I love using Twitter

The possibility of integrating messages from Twitter and Facebook is one of the most outstanding features in the application. In addition to making it possible to connect multiple Twitter accounts to the tweetdeck at the same time. I love making it easy to switch from one account to another.

Pros

Twɪter is a social network and a microblogging server, which allows users to send and receive personal updates from other contacts (in texts of up to 280 characters, known as "tweets"), through the service's website, via SMS and specific management software. I use it very often, very useful.

Cons

perhaps what bothers us most is having the timeline flooded (when we receive a lot of tweets at the same time) with subjects that are not of interest to me. This type of situation occurs mainly when there are events that generate great social repercussions. This would be an important point to improve.

Daniel from Daniel2Design

TweetDeck - the perfect tool to handle your Twitter account

TweetDeck gives me a strategic overview of my Twitter account and I can customize the dashboard to fit my requirements. My tweets are scheduled accordingly and I couldn't do it without TweetDeck. I warmly recommend it for anyone who cares about the Twitter presence.

Pros

The name of this app is pretty suggestive - it helps you administrate your Twitter account. If you care about your Twitter presence, TweetDeck is what you need. I like TweetDeck because it does what it says and nothing more. A plethora of tools comes with tons of useless features; it's not TweetDeck that does it. It schedules your tweets and nothing more. Awesome! The customization options are genuinely helpful. You can add columns and move them to better reflect your style and interest. For instance, if you are interested in DMs, then add that column in the first position. Conversely, if you want to schedule your tweets for a few days, move the columns and add the "Scheduled" column in front of you. Finally, TweetDeck lets you handle more Twitter accounts. I manage my personal account, but also two accounts of my clients. I don't have any problem with scheduling the tweets and interacting with other users.

Cons

I am extremely satisfied with TweetDeck and I am planning to use for many years. Just to be picky - TweetDeck lacks any analytics which may help a lot of users.

Get Some Control Over How You Use Twitter

Pros

Tweetdeck is a great way of customizing Twitter and making it work for you -- seeing the stuff you want to see and hiding the stuff you don't (for example, blocking certain words). I love the navigation; you can have all different kinds of columns that show custom lists and searches, your activity, activity of people you follow, your DMs, multiple accounts, etc. Twitter itself is a very rigid platform, but Tweetdeck makes it easier to navigate all of its content.

Cons

Tweetdeck does not have the same selection of emojis and GIFs that Twitter does. You can't just browse those items or add a poll the way you can in Twitter itself. So if I want to add one of those to my tweet in Tweetdeck, I either have to do a workaround that makes it less convenient or just jump over to Twitter itself.

Kristen from Aventri

Track Your Social Streams

Tweetdeck makes it easy for our marketing team to follow the multiple streams and hashtags that are important to our industry. It also makes it easier for our employees to stay up to date on what is happening in our industry on Twitter.

Pros

TweetDeck is so easy to use. This is the one tool that I have all new employees download immediately even if they are not on the marketing team. The ability to monitor social streams by phrase, hashtag or channel is great. Working in the events industry TweetDeck makes it easy to follow multiple streams for events that we might not physically be at. This allows us to stay on top of the activities that are happening live and comment on them.

Cons

I don't really have any issues with this platform. Maybe the only thing would be to customize or brand the platform more.

TweetDeck is Essential

For the most part TweetDeck has been easy and fast to use. We couldn't think of a better way to manage our multiple accounts.

Pros

TweetDeck allows us to use a comprehensive and completely free way to manage multiple Twitter accounts which is essential to our trade association. We have several twitter accounts that we target to our members, the public, and politicians in our line of work so being able to manage all these different twitter accounts has been extremely important to us and essential for our association and our mission.

Cons

We hate that we can’t schedule tweets or write longer tweets using Chrome. I would also say that the program download is required which requires extra steps but once downloaded doesn't seem to be a problem. There is also no built-in analytics feature.

Amy from CPG Agency

A One-Stop-Shop

Overall, TweetDeck is awesome. It's so nice to see all of your 'tabs' per say in one place. It's well designed and simple to use for anyone who already uses Twitter as is.

Pros

TweetDeck is something I learned about nearly eight years ago when I was managing social media for my high school. Since then I have used it pretty much every day on my personal Twitter account to ensure that I am keeping up with my different clients press releases and news. It's a great place to keep track of multiple different people, places, or things at one time.

Cons

There are no major issues with this platform but I will say that I wish it could be personalized. It's great to have everything in one place, but it would be cool to edit the colors and backgrounds of everything to make it more unique to each person.

Stephen from StephenJCaggiano

Cut through the noise.

I've launched dozens of companies via Tweetdeck. Finding the right audience, and the ability to engage in appropriate spaces, has made this app a "can't live without" for me.

Pros

I've always been a Tweetdeck user. When Hootsuite came along, I tried them, but came back to Tweetdeck. It's simplicity is it's magic for me. Not too many bells and whistles. Straight forward conversation management. Multiple columns for multiple topics. And the search is an amazing "real time" resource to distinguish what is relevant "right now". I used to say that I check Tweetdeck, to see if I need to turn on the news...

Cons

It is lacking in posting options when it come to other sites. Tweetdeck is Tweetdeck only. This may be an inconvenience when Twitter is not the mainstay of your conversation management.

Michael from Brightstar

Tweetdeck is synonymous with Twitter

I've been a Tweetdeck user for many, many years, and I use it to this day to monitor my company's various Twitter accounts (we have six active and a few mostly dormant accounts). It does everything we need and more. Highly recommend.

Pros

Tweetdeck allows me to combine several different Twitter accounts into a single platform that makes managing them a piece of cake. I've been a Tweetdeck user since before Twitter purchased the platform and cannot think of another Twitter management solution that I would even consider using. Every functionality that a social media manager could possibly want to use is included here.

Cons

The UI/UX is a bit clunky at times and the loading speeds for certain feeds can take a few seconds depending on the number of followers or the number of tweets that you're monitoring.

Tweetdeck Review

I have had enough benefits from this app and hope there will be great feature updates for us consumers.

Pros

Tweet deck application has clear, natural and responsive interface so you can without much of a stretch admittance to Twitter inquiries, interactive media, shared posts, most loved posts, and so on I can draw in with posts and streams rapidly and without any problem. I use it for both individual and profesional purposes. There are incredible modules for Chrome and different programs. I appreciate the distinctive gadget compactibility it can connect with, in addition to the it's capacity to serve a wide range of buyers or clients. On account of Twitter holding it's steerage as engineers.

Cons

Tweet deck can't deal with different records without signing in and out. I wish the application could quantify various Twitter accounts in one TweetDeck account. Other than logging out to see each Twitter account.

Amanda from ALK Source Materials

Industry: Research

Game changer for managing multiple Twitter accounts

Managing multiple Twitter accounts is difficult, this puts them all in the same place and does not require logging out and back in to different accounts. Particularly if accounts are similar or share information, you can retweet from any account from the account of your choosing.

Pros

I love being able to see all my Twitter accounts in one place, customize what feed (notifications, home, etc.) I am viewing, and most importantly to schedule my tweets ahead of time. This is really a requirement for running a company or organizational Twitter account. You can even see different feeds from the same account at the same time, and chose which account you retweet from from any of your feeds. TweetDeck was honestly a game changer for managing multiple Twitter accounts.

Cons

As new tweets come into your feed, the feed automatically scrolls down so the new tweets are at the top. It is distracting and difficult to read, especially if you follow a lot of active accounts and the feed continuously moves. Scrolling down a little stops the autorefresh, but I would prefer a refresh button at the top of the feed that lights up when you have new unseen tweets.

To manage multiple Twitter accounts

Avery K. from Akting Out

An Enduring, Top Twitter Powerhouse

I've been using tweetdeck for so long, I can't remember when I started. It has been my goto twitter app for years. I only use it on desktop. I can imagine it being a nightmare on mobile devices, attempting to cycle through so many columns and such, especially if you have a large network. On desktop, this is the best twitter app available.

Pros

The ability to customize and sort your stream into columns still makes twitter extremely manageable. See what you want, skip what you don't want to see, and switch things up on the fly to stay current on events that matter to you.

Cons

Tweetdeck badly needs to integrate emojis. I may be missing something, and it's entirely possible that I have overlooked the feature, but it's annoying that I have to keep both tweetdeck and twitter open if I need to express something using an emoji.

help me manage more information in less time, allows me to have more control of things.

ease of search, control of all activities of interest, helps me in the organization of important events and allows me to schedule tasks for specific times

Pros

what makes this application more attractive and efficient is to be able to put endless columns on what thing or word we want to track you can put alerts in such a way that every time you enter something that informs us, notify us the best thing is that you can put each column separately which makes you have personalization in each of them You can Schedule Tweets for when you are not in front of the machine and so at all times you will be doing your areas.

Cons

One of the disadvantages is that when you pass a certain number of columns they begin to get lost in a sea of columns and it is hard for you to find what you are looking for.

Ron Elius from Ron Elius Santos Copywriting

A Tool that manages your Ultra-Busy Twitter Feed

Super Satisfied!

Pros

What's the hardest part of having a Twitter? Mumble-Jumbled Tweets that most of the time are not relevant to what you want to see or read. How do you solve this mess? Let's also add how much back-and-forth you need to make on Twitter when we talk about Social Monitoring. It's a lot! And you might wish there's a tool that will separate your Twitter Feed to reduce your Overwhelm. Well, look no more, Tweet Deck is your best buddy! And I as a user for this tool, this is among my favorite tool ever! Not only it segments my Twitter feed but also it monitors what's relevant to me. I love this tool.

Cons

I can't find any Cons for this tool since it really helped me and my business to grow our Content Strategy for Twitter. It really is an amazing Tool. My only wish is that if Tweet Deck can segment your Twitter Feed, I hope this kind of tool also segments LinkedIn and Pinterest. But that's just me.

Amber from The Pullo Center

Great for Businesses and Personal Users of Twitter!

It has been a great asset to my social media time management. I felt like dealing with our twitter feed was taking up a lot of my day, but this has made it a lot easier and more convenient to update.

Pros

I needed something easy to schedule tweets for when I was out of the office or just needed to have them posted in advance, and this has been a lot better to use than Hootsuite. The interface on my computer is great, and I love having it all at my fingertips. I also like that I can use my multiple (professional, work, and personal) twitter accounts under one platform!

Cons

The app sometimes crashes for iPhone, which can be very frustrating. Also, when I was away, and someone else on my team needed to use the program, they had a bit of a learning curve. Luckily, it wasn't anything important that needed to be resolved.

Jenn from Music Venue

Perfect for scheduling and managing tweets

I run social media for a small music venue, and this is absolutely the best way to manage our Twitter account.

Pros

The biggest thing is the ability to schedule tweets. I'd be lost without it. I also love that it shows multiple streams in columns across the page - the feed of accounts we follow, plus mentions, then our scheduled upcoming tweets, then the feed of our recent tweets. Very easy layout to look everything over and edit upcoming stuff as needed.

Cons

I wish I could be signed into multiple Twitter accounts at once, rather than having to sign out and sign back in each time I want to switch between my personal and business one. Also, sometimes I'm trying to post a photo and the file size is too large - I wish they had the functionality to just resize the photo; I know that exists.

Great tool to manage my twitter accounts all at once

Overall the pros of using TweetDeck outweigh the cons,i use it on a daily basis to manage all of my accounts and makes my work like less stressful since i can do everything from one platform instead of loging into my accounts one by one.

Pros

What i likek the most about TweetDeck is that i can manage all of my twitter accounts all at the same time without any problems or restrictions. TweetDeck allowes me to post the same thing all over my multiple accounts quickly and easily, it's user friendly and you can navigate effortlessly. And my favourite feature is that i can schedule the time of my posts so i don't have to worry about it later on.

Cons

My only complaints is that TweetDecks takes times to load and sometimes it crashes on me so i have to refresh the tab again.

Jacob from Housley for U.S. Senate

Industry: Political Organization

Good for people managing multiple accounts

My overall experience with TweetDeck has been positive as I use the software to manage multiple Twitter accounts in a one-fell-swoop means.

Pros

TweetDeck is great for people who work in social media or who are interested in monitoring multiple accounts at once. It has handy features, such as side-by-side viewing and responding from multiple accounts, and the program makes it really easy for people who manage multiple accounts to use them in tandem and spread a message broadly.

Cons

There are certain limitations to the software, not allowing you to perform certain mechanisms like photo tagging and others, and the software seems to sometimes sacrifice the details for more broad control. Depending on what you use TweetDeck to accomplish, you may or may not find it helpful.