• Pros

• "Super fast to integrate. Lots of code examples."

• "Super easy service to set up number. Wether I need to provision a number for texting and voice or fax, Twilio is my favorite phone provider to use."

• "The only and reason I love Twillio is because it integrates seamlessly with the software my company creates. Customer service is excellent but you will not be reaching out often. "

• Cons

• "It's a little intimidating at first. Lots of setup behind the scenes. However, once it's set up, it's a very solid product!"

• "Debugging the product is a bit time consuming, but it is getting better."

• "- Had some issue with the calls sometimes, mainly call drops and poor voice quality but not regularly - Sometimes the sms delivery on indian numbers take a bit more time"

Browse Twilio for Marketing Reviews

Renan from Renan Savidan

The "magical" DIY (Do It Yourself) communication system

After 2 years using Twilio services, mainly phone and messages, I can say I am so happy I found this solution to handle my communications. It is so flexible, Although it has been a little bit complicated sometimes to self-learn about online phoning systems it saved me from a lot of hassles I wanted to avoid. The best benefit you get is the ultra efficient support service

Pros

With Twilio you can start from scratch to build your own online communication system. I didn't know so much about VOIP before and it is true I had to learn a few things. So far I have been able to use my Twilio french mobile number fully online even whenI need to travel abroad - with all mobile services you can expect (voice, SMS, MMS). The pricing is light and the global user interface makes the whole systme pretty easy to manage. I only use a few features from the platform but the possibilities are huge ! And they are always working on new services. And as Twilio is now really recognized as a communication company you can find additional software apps very easily and even documentation, I am thinking of the softphone app I am using on my mobile or desktop for instance.

Cons

I could customize a personal solution because I had time to test different options and as a developer I could code stuffs if needed. I am not sure everybody can do the same without technical skills.

Joel from Unite Life

Industry: Online Media

Outstanding Platform for Businesses Using WhatsApp

Overall it has been positive so far. We are launching our software globally now and so far they have been a solid partner in the countries we have been going to.

Pros

We used Twilio to be the backbone of custom cross-platform messaging software we built that connects people in different countries around the globe. We used it to send automated messages alerting the users that someone in their area wants to talk to them and then to continue to facilitate the conversations through our software and the WhatsApp API protecting the user's identities. The API was very easy to use. The hardest and most challenging part was getting set up and approved by Facebook to get our WhatsApp numbers. The system tracks if messages were delivered which is great and we can see responses come back in as well, not the message content itself mind you, but that a response was sent. We also leverage their email platform which added another communication platform to our system. All in all, we are excited about our partnership with Twilio and look forward to continuing to work with them.

Cons

The only challenging issues we had really involved WhatsApp and getting them to verify our Facebook Business listing, then approve us for a WhatsApp number and finally approve our message templates so we could use Twilio to send messages through their platform. I wouldn't say any of that was Twilio's fault and their staff was excellent at doing everything they could to help us. The only thing I would like to see is a better more laid out navigation on their admin dashboards. You have to click into menus to get to a sub menu to then scroll around and try to find what you are looking for. It would be nice if they had a master link tree like Amazon does on their AWS dashboard.

Tyranny of the 2FA gods!

Authy by Twilio is a run-of-the-mill 2FA app. There's nothing special about it. It works when you're not switching your hardware.

Cons

Customer Support is only available by email, not by phone, and it takes 1-3 days to hear back from them. I was in the process of integrating their OneTouch functionality into a software program I'm designing, and I finally found out why no one else integrates it. It's busted and when you go to click the "Accept" or "Reject" buttons, it gives you an error. Authy support said to reinstall my Authy app, and now I can't get back into the app until 2 days later because of their overbearing security. They refuse to get me out of the bind, and I'm unable to access any of my accounts until they lift the hold. I've learned my lesson and I'm going to use LastPass so they can't hold my accounts hostage anymore for their nefarious purposes.

Twilio also has a couple of secret super powers!

An amazingly well built product -- we rarely if ever had reliability issues -- the Twilio Functions were an especially useful post-purchase feature discovery -- so much so that we still use that even though we don't do any texting. We also sometimes use FracTEL, since they beat Twilio on pricing 3:1 for 1-800 texts *and* had MMS 1-800 support long before Twilio.

Pros

* super easy to configure multiple accounts for billing purposes * * Twimlets are a great way to experiment with product &/or prototype quickly - https://www.twilio.com/labs/twimlets * Twilio functions is amazingly easy way to either extend power of tools such as Zapier &/or avoid having to use AWS Lambda, etc. -- it's a super cool hidden feature - https://www.twilio.com/docs/runtime/functions * They have an auto-stop feature if you accidentally send too fast -- e.g., we accidentally created an infinite loop of texts between two phone numbers -- which they auto-stopped at about $20 (in three minutes). There are likely other Twilio features hiding in plain sight -- poke around -- one of those rare cases where reading all the documentation is likely worth it

Cons

* the login process can be annoying * help sometime takes longer than 24 hours * configuring multiple sub-accounts is confusing at first * not all functions can be done via UX -- some require API calls -- curl scripts were our goto

feature completeness & product reliability

Francis from Indipendent Client

Api is very easy to use

Overall use the api and setting up was a peace of cake, the subscription price and the option to create custom project for the client was great and watch how to use it thru a tutorial was not longer then 5 min, my client was conform with the integration of sending SMS and MMS to his customer and it did not required additional hardware.

Pros

You can either setup a new project with their own tool or just create your project on your own language programming of your preference, using the api is very easy and you can create the necessary tools to customize and ready to use for the end user, in my case I stored and encrypted withing the database, and explain the end user the price this company use and is not that expensive, it doesn't required additional hardware to use. only internet and is ready to go.

Cons

There limited Hispanic countries when I tried but I see the list is still expanding, for the moment my specific country was not yet available, so I have to use the USA number which the client was not that happy about it, but agree to use until our country was available.

Reasons for Choosing Twilio for Marketing

Other products did not have a intuitive API to use.

Medi from MM-iCT Limited

verification

Still stuck on a WhatsApp integration because facebook won't authorize a company's facebook page despite sharing the company legal forms/requirements. The whole process was smooth until we had to come to a stand still because of this. Would be great if some of this pain is either waived or taken care of since we had a paid Twilio number already.

Pros

Documentation is well presented with a very generous trial period and account. This offers ample build time and usability period to run proper production simulation before purchasing the commercial product.

Cons

Most of the requirements by Twilio are based on third parties' compliance and response. It would be great if Twilio took lead on some of these if possible, represent or sale this representation so that the client doesn't need to go back and forth to meet various third party requirements. One stop center for a complete solution!

Reasons for Choosing Twilio for Marketing

Wide coverage and ease of integration.

Affordable and Feature Rich

We use twilio for a host of SMS , phone, and soon WhatsApp communications. It has been cheaper than our in-house solution and the API has been easy to work with.

Pros

Messaging costs are much lower than other options, and the APIs are strong. Integrations with other platforms take it to the next level.

Cons

The variances in per transaction cost per country make it a little tricky to forecast future spending.

Use Fatures of phone in your Program

Mostly we use this tool for WhatsApp API and its bulk messaging tool for digital marketing and SEO related business. Once integrated it does not require much attention and runs very smoothly. Servers and customer support are very great and available most of the time.

Pros

Main Features of Twilio is based on features of a phone and make it compatible to run on a computer program. There are many features available like convert text-to-speech and vice versa, call recorder, give virtual phone numbers that you can use in your program. But the main feature which we use in our organization is the beta version of its WhatApp API to connect with clients over WhatApp directly via the programs. It also provides good features for SEO like bulk messaging and any other APIs that could be very much helpful especially at cheaper rate.

Cons

It requires some technical knowledge. This is a tricky thing as a developer one should be able to make their customers understand what is going on to gain their trust but making them grasp the working of this thing can take a while. Also, most of the APIs provided are third party and we do not know if they are that much trustable as Twilio itself. For a small business, it can be expensive.

VoIP leader

One of the leading VoIP platforms on the market. Nice and easy, especially for the requested price.

Pros

Fantastic service for the money they ask! Twilio is a wonderful tool for building an infrastructure for making phone calls and sending SMS messages. Certainly it has a learning curve, but overall it's much easier to get setup and running than most of its competitors in the industry.

Cons

While its'a much easier to learn platform than most and the UI has significantly improved overtime, it's not as simple as I'd like it to be. Once you get into it it's OK, but teaching the new stuff on how to work with it definitely takes some time.

Matheus from Colmeia

An amazing communication api

We have been using Twilio for our Whatsapp integration, SMS, email (Sendgrid) and for creating phone numbers for our Customer support team.

Pros

The best thing about Twilio is that once you get used to their API you can solve all your communication problems using them. They have integrations and tools for everything that you could imagine.

Cons

I think that Twilio's API documentation could be improved. When you first start using them you can get lost in the documentation before understanding how it is setup.

Ian from DOmedia

So easy it almost seems too easy.

We use Twilio Programmable Voice for a number of different use-cases. It is used to create trackable phone numbers for ads, internal phone/sms systems for sales/support and also integrated directly with our marketing automation platform, Autopilot. All of this had a fairly steep learning curve for a non-developer, but taking the time to do the work through Twilio (rather than a 3rd party software built on top of Twilio) has saved us a large amount of money and preserved a great deal of operational flexibility by preventing unwanted layers in our broader communications stack.

Pros

Twilio programable voice lets you build localized internet phone systems using numbers from anywhere in the world. I don't know of another comparable solution that isn't just another interface built on-top of Twilio. More importantly, it lets you customize these phone systems in every way imaginable (from drag/drop coding in Studio to custom apps) in just a few clicks. In terms of cost and flexibility, it is the clear winner in this space.

Cons

The product is trying to become increasingly friendly to non-developers, but it is still really positioned as a developer-first platform. It is a true platform technology, which is the root of most of Twilio's benefits – but that does come at the cost of being intimidating/less user-friendly to non-developers.

Reasons for Choosing Twilio for Marketing

Google Voice is cool if you need an internet-based phone number for personal use or light business use. However, it is not scalable and lacks any of the functionality to be a real business too. Also, I think the terms of service say you shouldn't use Google Voice numbers for business, even though that is the main reason people get them? I guess that is another good reason to look at Twilio.

Brandon from Brandon Mushlin Creative

Powerful Control of Marketing & Data Analytics For Text, SMS & Video Sending

Wonderful people, always replay within a few hours of my late-night support emails. Reducing the bills is fantastic, and the tool plugs and plays with everything else nicely. Super happy with them for sure!

Pros

Love their COSTS... Some of the lowest in the industry, gives better control of budget. Utilizing Twilio we were able to navigate away from other tools that were costing us hundreds of dollars a month in per minute or per text overage fees. Provides more numbers at a cheaper cost per month by far, the whole system is powerful, inclusive, integrative of all tools and solutions through zapier and webhooks, and just a powerful system.

Cons

The UXI is a little heavy, when creating sub accounts and viewing the analytics, it is so powerful you can get lost, but that is a very minimal issue for I am sure someone with more knowledge can fly through the site and know what they are looking for much faster.

Reasons for Choosing Twilio for Marketing

Twilio allows control, other products basically are using Twilio, 2 times to 5 times the price, and charging you more while limiting you. With Twilio, you get no limits, the near best pricing on the market, and a powerful system that allows you to grow.

Best Communications API for Voice and SMS

Overall, it's highly recommended that every startup or business should go with Twilio as their backbone communications layer. Recently they added more services like email through SendGrid, so it is really powerful.

Pros

Using Twilio services for programmable voice and SMS means that we do not have to build that infrastructure, and can build features on top of that at a quick speed. I like how reliable the services is, which is a major draw and value for money with the costs. At occasional times when there are issues, they are resolved speedily. The team is super friendly, and will always be there to help answer our problems. Otherwise, the API documentation is great and easy to implement.

Cons

It doesn't work or work so well in places like China though, which is understandable. The admin console is largely usable but can include for features for less tech savvy people, understandably, not really their audience.

Jeff from Marcomm Strategists, Inc. - A Marketing Communications Agency

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great for Triggered Text Message Notifications

Overall, very happy. Great value for the money. Would highly recommend.

Pros

We've been using this system to send text notifications to a distribution list when someone visits our website and completes a form to request information. We typically receive emails from clients who send 3-5 similar, if not identical emails to multiple tour operators. By dramatically decreasing our time to contact the potential client and answer questions via email or over the phone, we saw a marked increase in booking conversions. Using the Zapier integration between our Website form tool "Gravity Forms" and Twilio, we now can respond to online inquiries a matter of minutes, and secure a booking before our competitors can even open their email.

Cons

In the Zapier setup, it is a bit of hit and miss to get all the custom text to layout like you want in a single text message.

Ramindu from Virtusa Corporation

One of the best platforms for call/text integration

I have led teams that integrate Twilio as a text notification service for various events from medication adherence to support ticket alerts.

Pros

Twilio provides a very straightforward interface to programmatically integration calls and texts in to software applications. Configuration and set up is super easy, and Twilio provides a variety of options for regions and countries to set up your phone numbers for. They provide a number of SDKs in popular programming languages, making integration super easy.

Cons

The price point for calls and texts are a bit on the high side. Some of the more complex configurations might be a bit hard to set up, although their documentation IS quite thorough.

Reasons for Choosing Twilio for Marketing

Easier integration, better price point

Always on the Go with Twilio!

Pros

Competitive rates in the market is being offered. We use this in the company as the main tool for SMS messaging platform tool for our devices so it's cheaper compared to the rates we would be paying if we are to use the services offered by regular major carriers. It also allows use via API so very convenient and easy to set up in the backend for operational use with different platforms.

Cons

Lately, there's an issue when viewing/searching for SMS transaction logs. When you search for the logs using phone number as a search tool, sometimes the results will not show up. I think it's a bug. Also when the sub menus were changed from the previous version, it got confusing. Navigating the menus on the site got more complicated compared to before.

Ariel from Andreani Grupo Logístico

Easy to integrate with any platform

I was able to create a driver with LUA, and integrate SMS feature to Control4 Home Smart System. I wanted to receive messages every time certain events occurred, and Twilio is really accurate and helpful. I had to minimize the amount of messages so I could spend less money per month.

Pros

- It has an API Rest and a 5 minutes to implement rule, which is quite true. - They have a quick start for many platforms / languages. - SMS Feature was exactly what I needed, fast send/receive messages. - Besides having excellent docs, they have something called TwilioQuest, which I found really funny and entertaining.

Cons

- Price per SMS seems to be high, at least in my country. I guess it depends on what are you building, and the value you give to this feature.

Dilraj from Click Labs

Awesome tool for sending sms and voice calling

Pros

Twilio enables the users on any platform to send sms and make voice calls internationally via its well documented APIs which can be integrated very quickly on the platform by the developers. The SMS can be sent reliably on any international or local phone number once the phone numbers are bought with the required services enabled on it. Twilio also provides phone number masking for making voice calls. All in all its really an awesome module to use in your product for availing all of the Twilio services.

Cons

Twilio should provide sms and voice calling as a testing feature on the trial account which can really help people to be more convinced about its awesome services.

Steven from Chalam Ministries

Industry: Computer Networking

Powerful yet complex

I was able to create a call center script using this service and it worked great. Customer support sucks. If I were to rate Customer Support: 2 stars. Documentation: 5

Pros

You can create almost anything with their voice prompts. Both inbound and outbound calls. From IVR to automated calls. You can host your scripts on their platform or your own server using the REST API.

Cons

Documentation is all over the place. There are two main ways to send commands. Twiml or API (your language like PHP or C#) but the documentation jumps back and forth. One step of a tutorial is in Twiml. Then the next thing you want to do is not. It uses the API. And trying to find the same documentation in the other language is hit or miss.

Peter from OhMD

Full featured easy to use

We've grown over time with Twilio to take advantage of more and more of their services. As we've done so they almost always have a solution for what we want to do. Additionally I do want to give their support two thumbs up - they've always been fantastic.

Pros

Twilio has made it extremely easy to use even without an extensive technical knowledge. Their documentation is outstanding and they've build a lot of UI based tools on their website to setup fairly complex workflows without having to code. Of course our engineers are able to use their APIs to take advantage of a huge amount of functionality as well.

Cons

There are some quirks to some of the areas of their products (sorting/searching doesn't work in some places, no ability to mass-refile errored messages, etc). These can generally be worked around but would make the overall experience better and more efficient.

Niru from Dealer-fx

Service enhances functionality of host softwares

I have been very satisfied with my experience using twilio, stable software that enhances functionality to our software we created.

Pros

I love that twilio provides a texting feature which can be integrated with 3rd party software's to enhances there ability to better suit business needs. Twilio allows seamless integration which allows outgoing and incoming SMS messages to and from the client. Using the twilio portal we can check logs on which messages were sent and failed helping the host keep track on SMS activity of there software.

Cons

Setup and configuration is a bit of a tedious process however once completed, it works well. Sometimes servers go down for twilio which causes disruptions for our texting feature, however this can be expected for any software company that provides a large scale service.

Extremely easy to set up and get going!

The software was able to solve for a business requirement. Price point was reasonable. Performance is very good.

Pros

As a lead architect, I am always on the look out for stable, easy to integrate tools and services for our various Enterprise solutions. With Twilio, I was able to get a fully functioning Enterprise level SMS Notification Microservice up and running in under an hour. The ease of integration, it's simple API and documentation is what any developer would be happy with. The price point is also very reasonable and I would highly recommend this solution to anyone who is looking to evaluate or use this service.

Ryan from Sunrise Communications

Twilio Platform = Solid

Pros

Even though I am not a developer, even I can get Twilio services working. I have helped a few local businesses in my area drop the traditional POTS lines and migrate over to Twilio and have heard nothing but great reviews. That platform has even given me the push to sign up for a couple dev classes to get even more out of it.

Cons

Some of the documentation can be extremely vague. I understand that it is made for developers/programmers but there is a big portion of potential users that would love to use some of the features, but just don't have the coding background/knowledge to make it come alive.

Best app for calling, sending text

Overall a really great platform for building calling and texting with great api documentation and customer support. The merits of this platform are way huge then any defects

Pros

- great api documentation and that too in multiple languages which helps a lot while developing - love the studio flow where we can design complicated flow very easily and use various integrations for each event - we build a virtual calling software using twilio and till date it’s working very nicely - can buy multiple numbers which help in setting the caller id or call masking

Plivo is GREAT BUT

It was awesome. If you can live with the price and knowing that competitors are almost half it really could be worth it to pay extra since they have a proven and battle-tested platform. Denied SMS sends are a pretty big deal and it's really easy to get caught in spam filtering etc on other providers. However I think I would recommend checking there first to see if your group of users can use the less expensive option without getting any dropped/missed/filtered SMS sends.

Pros

I liked that it worked great for my needs (Api driven SMS) and that I hardly had to manage anything to get it working and it worked for nearly any phone number I or my customers wanted to text.

Cons

The price. Some competitors are half the price, however it's a tradeoff in that you will get more failed SMS sends.

Theresa from Home Care Referral Agency

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

handy automation

Overall I believe their product to be of sufficient aid to my services and a product that my clients relay upon for reminders of appointments to keep working with the software.

Pros

I appreciate that the technology takes a lot off of my plate in terms of automating customer notifications

Cons

When there was a glitch in the system and I was grossly over charged it was very frustrating dealing with their customer support and I had to make a BBB complaint before the trouble ticket would be passed on to a supervisor, a process that took almost a month to resolve.

Andrew from Bickford Senior Living

Great telephone / text software that can integrate into multiple sites easily.

Pros

Ability to acquire phone numbers quickly, set up with API access, and get up and running within a very short time frame. Pricing is very competitive in the market, and tracking is made easy within their platform.

Cons

Sending only one text per second on their base package is a bit limiting, but cost effective enough to make it worthwhile. They do allow businesses to be a "reseller" of their product, which allows companies to charge a client 4x what a twilio customer would pay.

Esther from Self-Employed

Industry: Information Services

Reasonably-Priced Programmatic SMS and Voice

Twilio was one of the earliest players in the programmatic telecommunications services industry, and they have their basic services down to an art. Everything is well-documented, and their APIs in the various programming languages they support are easy to understand and very stable. They offer a free trial of most of their services, and getting started doesn't cost a lot, but once you start using the services heavily, it can increase in cost rapidly if you do not properly plan for the amount of traffic involved. There are other services that do specific individual services better, but if you're looking for an all-around balanced programmatic telecommunications platform, Twilio is probably the best to start with.

Pros

Easy to set up, extensible, supports a variety of programming languages and interfaces, pricing is easy to understand, excellent free trial that allows for testing of most features

Cons

Pricing can jump quickly with advanced usage, still a bit basic in some of its interfaces

Lower initial cost

Ross from JuiceIT

Absolute must

We have incredibly high SLAs and Twillio has contributed to us hitting them.

Pros

We make us of Twillio for sending sms messages escalating incidents based on Zendesk triggers. It's super easy to configure and connect to Zendesk. Pricing is also great.

Cons

The only con we have found is ideally we would want to have the sms come from a specific number every time but this is not possible. After speaking with Twillio support this has more to do with the country specific provider than Twillio.

Dial Twilio to add telephony to your application

We used Twilio as part of our SaaS enterprise business application to do voice signature/ gather consent via an automated call, do short polling via voice and get consent via text message.

Pros

Twilio makes adding telephone based interactions - call/ SMS etc... to an application dead simple. No hardware or software to install - just APIs and you pay for what you use and nothing more.

Cons

At times documentation has not been found to keep pace with the functionality. That is just a minor irritant.

Jon from Community Medical Centers, Inc.

Amazing tool and API

We're exploring using this tool as part of some alert automation packages, for instance if X job fails then take Y action, if Y action fails run this code to text the on-call support resource. The service is SO cheap for what it offers, but they even offer price breaks for nonprofits!

Pros

This tool was a breeze to configure! We're still experimenting with how we will utilize programmatic SMS and calls, but I was able to sign up for a free trial, setup API access, and write some code to send a SMS in a very short time. I was able to change two lines of that code to send a phone call. Amazing! Their help pages are PACKED with useful information for devs, more companies should have a knowledgebase that is this robust.

Cons

The processing time for their API is lightning fast, but their website is very slow and sluggish. I've used both Chrome and Firefox on two devices and still have the same issue. I found myself waiting around a bit after every click.

Chris from VinSolutions

I use this platform daily to monitor SMS messaging.

From SMS recordings, to phone recordings, this tool is a must.

Pros

The platform is easy to pinpoint a message and why it was sent. The fact that the message is presented is an added plus, as other platforms for say email recording do not present such detail. Also, their support is superior.

Cons

The biggest pain-point is that the messages are in UTC time, and while that feature is understandable, it does create a few seconds of additional work in conversion.

vijay from eBay

Such an amazing and flexible platform

It has been amazing journey to use Twilio very few minor hurdles.

Pros

Twilio has almost all offerings towards communication platform. You could build your automation without writing a single line of code. i.e. Using their Studio product. Also, you they have small modular functions that you can write to add any other needs that you might want. This is solid cloud offering with most use cases covered in communication. They also have integration with Whatsapp and they have roadmap to add Wechat integration.

Cons

There are very few cons with Twilio products. And they are very minor. For eg. They won't let you use pay through your companies standard pay process unless your volume exceeds certain threshold. Until then you will need to use your cards.

Mark from Outer Limits Consulting

Seriously powerful SMS text messaging features from your own web systems

If you build custom web systems like we do, you need a good tool to interface with cellphones. Twilio gives you a system and API that can be configured to do just about anything you could need.

Pros

The API is really powerful and relatively easy (as far as APIs are concerned) to use. It's not too hard to use and can be configured to do just about anything you could want. It's cost effective. It's very reliable.

Cons

I seriously can't think of anything wrong with it.

Perfect tool for building your own in app communication system

It was definitely great!

Pros

We built our inapp communication system which is extensively used by our clients to reach out to their clients through sms, text messages and calls via our app. As a developer I loved the light weight apis twilio provides along with amazing sets of documentations, that building all the features with twilio were smooth. They provide amazing options to track all the events throughout the process with events and callbacks, making the debugging process really easy.

Cons

They do not have much of documentations for the emerging language Golang :(

Powerful tool with a learning curve

Twilio has hugely improved our range of communication with prospects and students. Texting from Salesforce using the Twilio integration also allows us to keep track of our communication effectively. I would definitely recommend Twilio to anyone. That said, in my experience, it can take some time to work through the set-up process, and you’ll want to set aside plenty of time to make sure things are working well. With great power, unfortunately, comes a lot of complication.

Pros

- Twilio offers lots of options for managing communication with customers. - Twilio is deep, and deeply customizable. - Extensive documentation and training helps get inexperienced users started. - Twilio integrates well with other platforms we use.

Cons

- It can be difficult to find your way around the website. - Even with documentation, setting up functions can be confusing.

Reasons for Choosing Twilio for Marketing

We considered a range of products, but not very seriously. Twilio’s accessibility, range of functionality, and stability made it an easy choice for us.

Anthony from Blamotech LLC

An awesome programmable voice product

I haven't had any problems using this product at all. I suggest it as a tool in your toolbelt for developers.

Pros

I love the ability to completely customize this product. If you know how to program, then this programmable voice is easy to use. The voice options are great, and the reliability is spot on. Very stable and reliable product. Thumbs up guys :)

Cons

Debugging the product is a bit time consuming, but it is getting better.

My option to send SMS's in my application

My software to send SMS's along my app.

Pros

Twilio has good callback system and retries associated with it, it was really easy to integrate with our application. Additionally, we can know do it internationally and help us expand our business.

Cons

The administration page could be improved. And it seems that it is not easy to understand which countries currently twilio support and if it's supported income and outcome messages or not.

Carlos from Kite Clasificados

In simple terms, the most complete option

Pros

I use Twilio in my online marketplace to notify users via SMS about actions that happen in the marketplace and when they have a sale or a customer sends an inquiry about one of their products. This makes my company and its services more professional and eases the life of the sellers. Before I forget, customers also get SMS notifications when they buy and receive an answer from sellers. Twilio is cheap and its documentation is extensive and to the detail. One of my best choices, Twilio.

Cons

International (i live in usa) sms can be cheaper.

David from Umnitech

Added Messaging APIs to our product

Our software product did not have Messaging so Twilio filled in that gap in a couple of days

Pros

Excellent API Set, outgoing and incoming Messages with SMS and WhatsApp. We used Twilio to quickly add a Messaging component to our base application. Very inexpensive

Cons

As for any API Setup you need to be a programmer to do this. Twilio has a messaging dashboard, but we are programmers so we went straight to the APIs

Craig from Lawyer.com

Twilio Programmable Voice

It make client "pipelining" incredibly easy! Clients trying to reach various funnels almost alst end up in the right place

Pros

This product made client interactions simplistic and consistent . Saves a lot of time pre-screening callers

Cons

Sometimes transferring calls can be touchy. Once a client has made their programmed selections, the call sometimes wouldn't be able to be further transferred once answered

Great call recording features for quality assurance

We were able to monitor phone calls to improve customer service and employee training

Pros

We use the call recording component of Twilio to record inbound customer service, sales, and support calls. We had the recording integrated with our website via the specialty phone numbers that we put on site. This gave us tremendous insight into our customer experience process. I can't speak to the implementation part since it was handled by our website provider, but using it was very simple.

Cons

Since we utilized the client side integration, I can't speak much to the native Twilio functionality. Everything that came through on our end was great. I think I would have preferred the native Twilio features, however, to have more flexibility with how we manage our calls.

Stephan from Koenig Property

Great product, never had any problems

I use Twilio as a SIP provider and I am very happy with it! I route lots of international calls through Twilio.

Pros

Totally reliable, just works. Using it with Freepbx/Asterisk, easy to implement. Lots of APIs or extra functionality.

Cons

No problems so far. Would love it if they would offer their own SMS client. Did not find any good one through third party vendors.

Shashank from Dotsquares

A Great way to Build Automated Contact Center for Coustomers

Overall it is a great platform and gives variety of services for messaging, text, voice etc. API's for according to business requirement. Most interesting part is that all are customizable.

Pros

I have suggested this tool to many of our clients and they get very great response and business through this. It has the feature of voice, watsapp, mail and many more API for your business requirement.

Cons

Somehow, Its pricing is too high compared to other existing platform in the market. It has also some limitations over voice API's.

Kelly R from Project West Media, Inc.

We have been using this platform for several years to run all of our phone operations

We have been able to create our own programs and software to suit our company and clients.

Pros

Easy to adapt to specific requirements and custom builds. They are helpful in the requirements we need to advance our operations and commands.

Cons

Wish they had more pricing options so that we can provide our clients with more cost effective options.

Richard (Rex) from Leiten LLC

Easy integration to send text messages out to clients from my software

Pros

Web based API - nothing complicated here - it was straight forward and easy to use. I could start with basic features and add more later on.

Cons

Nothing negative comes to mind. Some of my customers (healthcare industry) were adverse to using twillio and I think they tried to get a BAA in place and were not able to.

Michael from Gftr App LLC

Great tool for marketing

Pros

I like how customizable the messages are and how it is very easy to set up for any business of any size. It seems like there's a reasonable and affordable option for any type of user.

Cons

I'm not a huge fan of their pay structure, I wish I could just get invoiced monthly or biweekly for the messages sent.

Amr from Z Services

Easy & Professional

it was and still a very good experience to use Twillo

Pros

Easy to configure IVR feature ( Automated call centre) Great voice quality in inbound & outbound numbers Good rates Integration with other Apps like Zoho Desk

Cons

Few numbers allocated in ME No numbers available in some countries Beta numbers is a bit expensive

Perfect for sending out customer reminders

Pros

We used Twilio to send out reminders for customers appointments in a men’s beauty clinic. It integrates well with WordPress and WooCommerce.

Cons

Not many points to critique, works relatively smoothly and with no problems once setup. Sending test SMS to multiple phone numbers should be possible for free.

powerfull sms broadcasting

Pros

twilio is leading in sms, voice calls, and many more services, for example i really like sms broadcasting feature and the support docs are super clear and price is resoneble

Cons

I've been using Twilio for years and have yet to have an issue, just one that about masking SMS can not implement in INDONESIA,