What are Wix users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Wix software through verified user reviews

8,877 Reviews

4,927
2,860

• icon"The customer supports from Wix is really good and I noted Wix getting better progress with the time."
  • icon"We've easily integrated a google calendar into our page, which has been helpful for our neighbors. One of my other favorite features is the ability to uniquely edit the mobile version of the site."
  • icon"It's easy to use, easy to onboard, offers a ton of templates and features, great customer support, and amazing documentation."
  • icon"The main issue I have with Wix is the price when compared to other Web hosts out there. The contract also auto renews without warning, which is very frustrating."
  • icon"What I dislike most about Wix is that it seems to be missing a few features that other website building softwares offer."
  • icon"The main disappointment for me with this software is that it's limited as to customization."

Browse all Wix Reviews

• Have you used Wix and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 8,874 reviews

Jimmie

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Wix is trix!

Stasha

July 2022

Best free option for teaching online

As a free option, it has only standard features, and it is effortless to get it all done and functional, even if you are a novice. I find it useful for school and online learning. It's easy to set up and use.

Pros

I like it because of its easy modification and editor. I was able to add the menu items, submenu, pages, and content on it, either text, videos, music, etc. It was easy for students to follow lessons and to be able to learn online.

Cons

I can't complain about anything. If you were looking for more managed options and tools, of course, you have to pay for it. There are no reasonable cons to free service.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I realize that it offers better templates and has well-organized everything I can follow without any knowledge.

Kalina

June 2022

Wix, Your Potential Business Site Builder or No?

Overall my experience with wix has been great. By using wix I'm eliminating business problems by being able to create professional template alternatives, providing an easy and understanding website creator, and showing products I am selling easily for customers to view and purchase if they need to. Benefits I realize I have by using Wix is that I am able to provide excellent customer service to my clients and this helps me gain a more clientele and great reviews/ratings from customers.

Pros

Overall I really like using wix as a website builder. I believe the most impactful features wix provides is having many customized options like using artistic illustrations and templates to add to your site, you're able to have a professional logo of your own, customer support is easy to connect with, and you're able to discover new techniques that show you different ways of providing services to customers. Integrations were fairly easy for me to do with existing business processes I use like Goodle Drive, PayPal and Zapier.

Cons

I didn't really find any features that weren't useful for any business to use when creating his website. The only issue I did have a few times was sometimes Wix lags with internet connection and can a little time to load. But this issue has only occured twice for me. As mentioned before no difficulties happened for me when integrating with existing business processes I currently use.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I was advised buy a old colleague about how much wix has helped them showcase there creative website to customers so I decided to give it a try and I was glad I did.

Anny

Industry: Translation and Localization

July 2022

A useful tool for non-specialist users to build websites

I've had a long-running website promoting the freelance services I offer. I use Wix with the desire to build a website with a new look, it took me a few days to get used to how the tools work, but after that I didn't finish, because I felt like I can't really freely change the graphic, the layout of the content, there are too many limitations. Wix mainly provides templates with the most simplified interface, focusing on eye-catching colors and simple content.

Pros

Wix has colorful templates available, suitable for those who want to promote the image of an advertising campaign, or a certain product. Wix is suitable for young customers with the following criteria: not many words but many images. So it is often appropriate to build websites with an interface similar to social networks, not a blog that provides a lot of information.

Cons

Websites sometimes don't load quickly, especially when it comes to viewing and selecting templates. Templates usually do not provide many features to be able to change the graphic, but only a few brief content. In general, users are still limited to being able to build a website by themselves that has a lot of content, many pages and many sections.

Reasons for switching to Wix

With wordpress I have more options, more features to suit my needs, I can customize and build a website with lots of content, pages and sections.

Jonathan

Easy-to-use CMS Platform

Wix allows us to easily manage 5 active sites and create pop-up sites for conferences. Our sites range from blogging to event registration to general information/contact submission.

Pros

Wix is an incredibly versatile content management system for websites. It's both for a novice, and for a seasoned web developer. The more you grow in your knowledge, Wix is right there to give you the tools and resources you need to upgrade your site and make it better. This includes dynamic forms and pages along with stored databases.

Cons

The only slight issue/delay we had was setting up our storefront. We needed to integrate with Wix POS and that took about a day or so to get approved. We also had a little trouble with integrating a tax system, but they were minor delays.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Again, easy-of-use and overall management of all of our sites in one place. Their storefront functionality is relatively easy to get up and running and also integrates with the Wix POS system for our in-person conferences.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wix is by far the easiest, most robust CMS on the market. It has a tremendous amount of add-ons to grow with us. We've added in blogs, event features, etc. that were incredibly easy to integrate into our sites without much hassle.

Muhammad

Industry: Writing and Editing

WIX is easy platform

Wix is one of the most easy-to-use platforms. with minimum effort, great designs are created. Wix is a cloud-based platform that creates easy layouts. All layouts are created with easy drag and drop features. Wix also allows users to import templates. These templates can be customized according to one's interests. As a WIX User, I have found this platform efficient and easy.

Pros

The drag and drop function makes designing easy. The easy interface is one of the most prominent features of WIX among all CMS. Enhanced security with no compromise on speed.

Cons

The starter pack of WIX includes ads on your site. Not unlimited plans. Bandwidth and storage are limited.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Easy-to-use platform compared to WordPress. Cloud-based platform. The website is live without buying hosting separately. WIX is easy to customize than WordPress.

Luke

Great in the past

Glad to use it but wish I used it more to sell books

Pros

It's free version can fulfill most of your needs. The explanation of how-to is good for anyone with basic computer skills.

Cons

Nothing special that makes it stand out. Some things are quite tricky to move around and change.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Needed something different. Wanted to try other set ups and backgrounds.

Great application

My overall experience with wix is one of learning, discovery, growth, and enjoyment.

Pros

I really like the flexibility that wix offers me as a designer. I'm able to design every single aspect of the my websites either from scratch or from a template. The interface is intuitive and is packed full of useful features. Being able to add widgets and my own html code makes my sites truly unique to me and allows me to embed flexibility and functionality into the designs.

Cons

Because of the complexity of the tool is can often use a lot of resources.

Reasons for choosing Wix

The ease of managing the website designs and the speed of building the website and publishing them.

desmond

July 2022

Easily create a professional website with Wix

Very satisfactory

Pros

Easy customizable websites creating tools and content creation tools

Cons

Drag and drop design in wix can sometimes limit creativity. There's is no unlimited plan as well.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Curiosity to determine which is the best among the two.

Cricri

July 2022

Very good software, easy to use and free

In general, the software is easy and pleasant to use. The advantage is that you can easily import your own media, as the library is quite poor. I comment on the free version, maybe the paid version has more templates. In the free version their LOGO remains visible when the site is published, but not for the paid version, but that's the game! I recommend it.

Pros

Easy to use software, allows you to create a website or a blog quickly. Ideal for beginners. Allows to adapt easily the responsive during the creation. The strong point, there are many features present even with the free version.

Cons

The templates and backgrounds are not very exhaustive, and the library should be a little more complete.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I couldn't calibrate the responsive correctly

Tiffany

Good choice.

I really like the WIX format. It was easy to use and there were good/sufficient template choices. Overall, it came down to Square product integration for me. I think free trials are the way to go to find what works well and has the right options and integrations needed for your business.

Pros

I found WIX fairly easy to use, as far as set up, value, etc, overall, but ended up ultimately choosing another product.

Cons

I really liked the WIX format. It came down to template choices for me and Square product integration.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Shopify, Wix, Godaddy, Weebly Squarespace, Square Online, WooCommerce.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Needed a larger, updated, well integrated ecommerce platform.

haseeb

Wix review

I had a good experience with Wix. I think it's a great platform for people who are looking to build their own website, but don't have much experience. It's easy to use, and they have a lot of options to choose from when it comes to the design of your site. You can also easily add pages and blog posts, which is great if you're looking to keep things organized. The only thing I wasn't super impressed with was the customer service reps—they seemed kind of robotic at times.

Pros

What I liked most about Wix is how easy it was to get started. The platform is user-friendly, and the interface is intuitive. It's also really nice that Wix has a ton of templates for designing your website, so you don't have to worry about getting that part right. I'm really happy with how my site turned out!

Cons

I didn't like the fact that Wix didn't have a lot of features in the free version, and I couldn't get my website to load very quickly.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I made the switch to Wix because I wanted a platform that was easy to use, with excellent support. I've been building websites for years and have used multiple platforms. Wix is by far my favorite! The platform is incredibly intuitive, so it's easy to learn even if you're new to web design. I also love that they have a free trial—it means you can get started right away without having to spend any money!

Ngonidzashe

Honest Wix Review

I have a few online Wix stores that I have created, the overall experience was great but it is a bit expensive if you do not require most of the features they offer. Some of the most important features such as your domain are in the highest plans which can be quite pricey if you do not need to use a majority of their features. It is great for an online store rather than a website that only provides information and does not require purchases.

Pros

Wix has an array of features that allow you to manage your website, your content and your products if you are running an e-commerce store. The best feature is the ability to integrate Wix with so many other useful apps for your website such as Google Analytics, MailChimp, Ecwid etc. This allows you to not limit the capabilities of your website and the user experience it can provide for your viewers.

Cons

It is not user-friendly for someone who is not familiar with or has never set up their own website with the necessary apps and Wix tools that are needed to create a website that is autonomous as the user needs to manually integrate Wix with these apps especially if the user does not know what those apps are for and how to use them once they have been integrated.

shakeel

July 2022

Wix: world easiest drag-drop website builder

My overall experience with Wix has been positive. My expertise in website building is limited, but Wix made it easy for me. There are a lot of features I love about Wix, including e-commerce, multiple payment gateways integrations, and automation emails.

Pros

Wix is best tool for quick starting web designing without coding. If you are an entrepreneur or a small business owner, you can build a website on a budget. Wix also offers paid and free plans with a lot of feathers, built-in templates, and SEO tools. There are all the features you need to build a simple, customizable, and pleasing website at first glance with this tool. Probably, the biggest reason people prefer Wix is the speed at which they can build a website and the ease at which they can update it.

Cons

Compared to other platforms, Wix websites can sometimes appear less professional. Your website's user experience will be diminished when you build it with a DIY site builder, which can lead to lost customers and revenue. It is not good to use the free version of this platform because it contains a watermark.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I was looking for something simple and fast at the time, and Wix provided exactly that. It was less expensive and more customizable.

Utkarsh

You don't need a Website Coder if you choose Wix

I have built around 5-6 websites on wix and i can assure it being the best choice because, i am no code writer or website designer, but because wix has a very user friendly drag drop experience, it is so simple to use and operate.

Pros

The ease at which you can build a website using wix is phenomenal. The drag drop functionality is what defines wix and makes it accessible to a common person to design a website as per his own requirements. Additionally, all the add ons are spot on !! Design is good too, but more options would always be better. Features like media upload, enquiry tabs and instant chat are great add ons too.

Cons

The first thing wix needs to fix is the conversation of website from desktop to mobile version. When you build a desktop site, the mobile site is completely messed up and is as good as making the site again while editing the mobile version.

Veronika

July 2022

Everybody can become website designer/builder with WIX

In addition to offering fantastic products and services, Wix is also available to assist with technical problems or questions about setting up an online store, for example. Wix features an integrated live chat feature where you can quickly receive answers to your queries. Every time I've needed to use the live chat feature, a helpful customer support representative has welcomed me and done all in their ability to answer my question or resolve my problem. When a problem couldn't be resolved right away, it was escalated to another department, and I almost always got an email from that department the next day or so. The email was often sent to let me know that the problem had been resolved. WIX is great! I love it. They are hands down one of the best website companies with the best customer service team out there.

Pros

Wix has excellent customer service, and I've noticed that it keeps improving over time. My page now has a simple Google calendar integration that is useful to our neighbors. The capability to specifically alter the website's mobile version is one of my other favorite features. It has a ton of templates and capabilities, is simple to use and onboard, and has outstanding documentation.

Cons

I couldn't really think of any things he used to build his website that wouldn't be beneficial to any firm. The only problem I occasionally encountered was that Wix occasionally has internet connection slowness and takes a little while to load. However, I've only seen this problem twice. As I previously indicated, I had no problems integrating with the business procedures I was already using.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I saw the add on youtube, so I gave it a try because it seemed easier and more flexible.

June 2022

A good all round web solution

I moved to Wix from another provider because it offered an all in one ecommerce solution at a reasonable price. It was easy to set up using the web templates which I then bespoked into the site I wanted. Wix offer different levels of packages and you can start your site at a low level and move up as your needs grown. They also offer regular deals to move to an annual package which is great once you are established

Pros

The standard package gives you a great start to build a website and you can add on features that you want as your needs change. Integrates a CRM and email system into the package if needed. Face to face and online events are easy to set up. I use a separate domain provider and setting the DNS up was easy with the instructions provided by Wix SEO is easy to set up for the site and can be amended page by page if you need to They are quick with customer service and listen to users needs - when I started you couldn't schedule blogs but this was changed within a few months.

Cons

It's easy to add on lots of extras and start to build up more expense before you need them. Best advice is to grown slowly and add on what you need when you need it. When I started you couldn't schedule blogs but this was changed within a few months.

Good all round solution

Kristen

Industry: Industrial Automation

June 2022

Incredible Website Building Software!

I have overall had a very positive experience with Wix. It’s increased sales and efficiency for our small business and helped us increase our online presence and reach new customers.

Pros

This software makes it incredibly easy to build a website for your business! As a small business, we are very thankful to have tried Wix. It has a lot of features and a very user friendly interface and design. It’s modern, straightforward, has a well developed app, and has amazing customer service. I couldn’t be happier with this software! It has beyond exceeded my expectations and helped me create a beautiful website for our small business that has helped increase our online presence and sales.

Cons

I don’t have any complaints - it’s been amazing!

Reasons for choosing Wix

It looked a lot better - more features and better customer support!

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wordpress was super glitchy - especially the app! I primarily use apps and rarely have time to sit down at a computer to access our site so a good functioning app is a must.

Jana

May 2022

Simple or complex, it's always beautiful!

Wix has been a very positive experience. I also work with a rep who has been amazing. I can't see ever switching to another platform.

Pros

As a former Creative Director, having a website that reflected the exact personality of my business was paramount. Wix has the tools, customization and power to create *exactly* what I wanted. As my business has grown, I have come to appreciate even more capabilities in e-commerce, reports, automated tasks and CRM. I like the Wix platform so much that I volunteered to create another site for a state-wide animal lost and found service. The new site had completely different features than my business site: user generated posts, links to outside programs, API incorporation from a third party. In other words, lots of techy stuff in addition to the pretty stuff. It was making this site that I truly appreciated the added capability of WIX's coding ability. I'm not an expert (far from it), but we were still able to make some fancy stuff work like a charm!

Cons

The more I work with Wix, the more I want it to do. Sometimes the features are already added, sometimes not. The nice thing about finding a feature you want that isn't available yet is that you can up-vote it. When the feature is added, Wix let's you know. (Happy dance time!)

Reasons for switching to Wix

Volusion: A horrible user experience! The site was ugly, old-fashioned looking and cumbersome. At the time they didn't have mobile capes either. WordPress: An old site was built with WP. We migrated it to Wix and were thrilled with the added capabilities and visual improvement.

Christopher

Industry: Tobacco

The Wix Review

As I said. Being a regular entrepreneur who just wants to sell their products online. I had two options. One could hire a developer and give him enough money to build a website, or the other could learn coding to create his own website, but this is a problem. Is it takes time to learn Coding Here, WIX helped me develop a website without coding. I was able to add my product, price it on time, and track the total number of orders I received. You can change the theme of your website if you want, so in a nutshell, using this platform has saved you a lot of money.

Pros

It helped me when I switched to WIX, I didn't have to do anything special to perfect my website. All the tools for creating a website are already included in the platform. It was a drag-and-drop game for me. At the time, I was learning how to code (HTML, CSS, and Javascript), so their Wix helped me build the entire website. I was able to create and modify content, headers, text, colors, photos, sizes, and more. Another element I like the most is that hosting and domains are only from Wix and are automatically connected, so you don't have to buy anything from different platforms.

Cons

I agree that this site has so many tools that it helps beginners to create very graphic or dynamic entire websites, but the site loads very slowly, and the audience bounce rate or traffic. It also has the disadvantage of being expensive. If you have an e-commerce related website as I built with Wix. Due to the bounce rate, it was producing very low leads. My traffic couldn't load my website completely, so after a while, they leave my website and jump to another website. This was a big issue for me, so I left Wix and chose WordPress. This site also has its drawbacks, which is pricing. If you need hosting or other services, the price of this platform will be a little higher than the market. As I said, after a while, I jumped to a very cheap WordPress platform. All you have to do is learn how to install WordPress on your hosting and you're ready to go.

Reasons for choosing Wix

For the start into online business or for the creation of simple websites it is exactly the right thing and that's why I chose wix.com.

Zeki

Industry: Program Development

Una alternativa económica

Lo uso frecuentemente ya que soy redactor de contenido y tengo uno de mis sitios alojados en WIX. Es un sitio que me ha facilitado bastante las cosas por la buena explicación detallada que tiene aunque si que me gustaría poder tener control sobre todos los archivos que se cargan en mi sitio y de esa manera tener control sobre la experiencia del visitante.

Pros

El uso de WIX es sumamente sencillo, tiene constructor de sitios automático, te explica en detalle todos los pasos que debes de seguir para poder tener tu sitio correctamente funcionando y con todos los widgets que te permiten añadir funciones a tu página web. Posee un servicio de subdominios que te permite tener tu propio sitio web si no puedes pagar por un dominio propio.

Cons

Falta que implementen la posibilidad de quitar los scripts y archivos de estilo que vienen por defecto en el sitio, ya que aunque no sepas que están allí, hacen que la página tarde unos segundos más en cargar, y eso afecta a la experiencia de los usuarios que visitan la página.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Elegí WIX por su buena atención al cliente y la facilidad que tiene para cada movimiento que quieras hacer al momento de crear tu sitio web. Contar con esas características es fundamental para tener un buen desempeño y comodidad cuando comienzas en el área de desarrollo web o redacción de artículos.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Deje de utilizar wordpress por sus precios sumamente altos, y por el hecho de que wordpress te cobra hasta por el más mínimo movimiento que haces en el sitio.

Justin

Wix is the Easiest Website Builder on the the Internet

Wix was able to solve my hosting and website design issues in a user friendly website builder that solved some of my biggest hurdles on the internet. It allowed me to focus on other things that I was not able to tend to and freed up a lot of my time.

Pros

I am not really a web designer. I have spent thousands of dollars attempting to build "the perfect website." However, I was never really happy with any of my websites and continued to search on the internet for other options. After seeing numerous commercials on TV and also raving reviews from my friends, who are also not web designers, I decided to give Wix a chance. It really changed the game for me. I was able to build my website in one day and fine tune it over time. I also love the fact that it includes free hosting. That was really something that popped out at me.

Cons

I would like to see more 3rd party integrations. I also would like to see more tutorials on how to use the deeper functions and connect all the dots. I feel like the pricing is kind of steep but I understand that it is costly to build a website. However, since the hosting was included, I felt like it was a worth while investment to do the yearly plan.

Reasons for choosing Wix

BigCommerce REALLLLLLY sucks. There was no easy way to navigate it and the 3rd party integrations totally sucked. Shopify took too much commission on sales and that deterred me away from using it.

Reasons for switching to Wix

It was waaaay too complicated and I needed something super simple and easy to work with. I was tired of having to learn complicated features and it was too technical.

Yulia

March 2022

All-in-one website builder for small businesses

I've been using Wix to build websites for small businesses for about two years. So far so good, you can design beautiful and selling pages with it.

Pros

Wix is a highly functional drag-and-drop website builder that covers most small business needs for digital presence. It has a lot of templates to start building your website with, but they are also very customizable. Wix seems to be the best for building sites on which you can sell services and appointments. It's also great for selling physical products and creating event pages. It also has in-built email marketing tools, which helps to save budget.

Cons

Unlike WordPress, Wix is not great for building large dynamic websites or e-stores. Even though there are many plugins, you're still very limited in what you can do with Wix. The builder gets heavy and takes a lot of time to load and make changes. Besides, you cannot have many people working on the site simultaneously.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Wix is easier to learn, especially if you have a limited budget for the website/marketing.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Squarespace was too limited for design and didn't have many tools that Wix has.

March 2022

Review of Wix.com: Is This Website Builder Good Enough For Your Business?

I have had a generally positive experience with Wix. The website builder is easy to use and lets you create a professional-looking website without having to learn coding or design. There are a wide range of templates to choose from, and you can customize them to fit your brand. Wix also has a good selection of features, including a built-in blog, e-commerce capabilities, and social media integration. Customer support is available via phone, email, or live chat. Overall, Wix is a good option for small businesses who want to create a website without hiring a developer.

Pros

There are many website builders on the market, but Wix is one of the most popular. It has a user-friendly platform that makes it easy for anyone to create a website. Plus, there are many templates to choose from, and you can also create a custom design. Wix also offers a wide range of features, including SEO tools, eCommerce capabilities, and social media integrations. And if you need help creating or updating your website, Wix has a support team that is available 24/7.

Cons

I didn't like the fact that I couldn't change the font style or size.

Reasons for choosing Wix

When considering Wix as a web development platform, we also looked at Squarespace and Weebly. All three platforms are drag-and-drop builders that make it easy to create a website without any coding required. However, Wix is the only platform that offers an app market, which gives you access to a library of apps and integrations that can help you take your website to the next level. Additionally, Wix offers a wide range of templates and designs that are constantly updated, whereas Squarespace and Weebly have fewer templates and tend to be a bit behind on the latest design trends

Thomas

March 2022

Wix: A great option for building your online website.

My overall experience with Wix has been a positive one. I have been able to put together a web page that truly embodies the spirit of my business and also manage all the details of my work in a streamlined manner that I haven't found anywhere else.

Pros

Wix offers a large variety of styles, services, and integrations in a way that is simple and more effective than its competitors. I love that I can manipulate my web page however I want and key features like bookings, event management, and detailed layouts help your work stand out from the rest and you don't need to be an expert in coding to do it. This software is very intuitive and user friendly in a space that can be very overwhelming.

Cons

The only thing I like least about this software is the lack of flexibility when it comes to website resizing. With webpages being viewed on a variety of screen sizes, it would be amazing to be able to manage page and text breakpoints within Wix without having to switch to EditorX. Which is another editor a part of Wix but more expensive.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Wix offered competitive pricing for the features it delivers that alternative products lacked.

More customizable features.