What are Yahoo Mail users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Yahoo Mail software through verified user reviews

• icon"I can easily use my personal emails by this client, unlike other similar service provider yahoo has decent security measure. I can directly integrated with yahoo answer forum for my research."
  • icon"Yahoo provides the basic emailing experience for me as It is easy to maneuver and provides themes that can be customized to fit persons style."
  • icon"What I liked about it was that it was very easy to use. I also like that I was able to change the backgrounds to different designs."
  • icon"Sometimes it can become cluttered with a lot of junk and spam emails so it makes it difficult to find the important ones."
  • icon"I also started getting an outrageous amount of spam. I was getting so much spam that I couldn't control it."
  • icon"The spam filters are ineffective and probably the servers get hacked really that so many marketeer companies keep sending promotional stuff."

Browse all Yahoo Mail Reviews

• Have you used Yahoo Mail and would like to share your experience with others?

Masoud

Industry: Oil & Energy

not the best

Ricardo

December 2021

Yahoo mail awesome for emails

Pros

You can have multiple inboxes in this app

Cons

Spam makes it through the filter occasionally.

Aatif

Yahoo Mail. The most generous storage space

Yahoo Mail like alot of early internet users has been the first email service that I used, and has thus always been very special to me.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is among of the first few free email service provider that began to offer services to the mass public at no fee. Yahoo mail gives you a fast email experience. It highly values the safety and privacy of its users emails and data. Yahoo Mail's intuitive yet pleasant User Interface design makes it easy to use. It also have a very effective spam detection which keeps the at bay from your inbox. As for storage space, it gives you 1 Terrabytes of storage space to save emails and the files that they contain.

Cons

Yahoo Mail badly needs to modernize and expand its base by offering integrations with more and more apps like its competitor Gmail does to regain its popularity.

Nicole

Long Term Relationship

I often use yahoo mail for communication that can be checked less often.

Pros

The ability to personalize your account creatively as well as being able to trust you will get those important emails.

Cons

The emails are received after a delayed time, often.

Reasons for switching to Yahoo Mail

The different technology was important when I made the decision.

Omar Elsayed

Industry: Writing and Editing

that is old, I close my account there

Pros

The most prominent new features of the application allow users to create more than one account on the application and open them at the same time, as people create multiple accounts for different purposes, as one of the accounts is for shopping, the other may be work, and the other maybe for personal use

Cons

The inability of the application to display files and documents "Word, Excel, PowerPoint", modify them and save them, or the ability to send them without saving,

Reasons for switching to Yahoo Mail

It's a great product from Google and meets all my needs

Benjamin

My daily email browser

Great pure email application.

Pros

This is my favorite email browser. I use it for work and business. Archives for years and easily searchable.

Cons

Does not incorporate Dropbox or calander features

Rashidah

Great email provider

Pros

Yahoo Mail is the first email provider that i have use, and after more than 10 years, i still using its service. The email filter that sorting the incoming email into its categories like social email or promotion email help to organized my main inbox and make it less messy.

Cons

There are no additional feature or tools that are introduce by Yahoo Mail for the last 3 years, making it less relevant and attractive to a newer user. Sending a large attachment with this software also impossible and need to sent it to third party cloud storage service and attach the link with it.

Sylvia

Industry: Restaurants

Good.

It is very useful. Only I don't like just that ads.

Pros

It is very easy for use. And I like it can change the color what you like.

Cons

I really don't like the ad. It is annoying me.

Reasons for switching to Yahoo Mail

I want to know which one will be better.

Debra

Yahoo Email

Overall we have been very satisfied with Yahoo Mail. It is easy to use and understand.

Pros

Yahoo Email is extremely easy to use. We use it in coordination with our gmail account, using them both for different reasons and different clients.

Cons

Nothing is wrong with Yahoo Mail. We have not had any issues or problems.

Mark Oliver

Web Developers view on yahoo mail

for quick email sending and recieving, it has been good.

Pros

has everything you need for basic emails. customizable, easy to track old emails.

Cons

advanced features can be confusing for none techy people.

Nurul Izzah

One of the best email hosting service

Pros

Yahoo Mail is the first email service that i have use and it was the one of the pioneer that providing a free email account. The email service is fast and any email that i receive will immediately sent to my inbox.

Cons

The email category is not very good in filtering and organizing the email that I receive, as some of the promotional email still found it way to my primary email. I only hope that the spam email will found it way too and cluttering my inboxes.

Dawn

Industry: Law Practice

Not bad, but not great

Pros

I've used this platform for a very long time and the classic application works fine most of the time.

Cons

The archive search feature is hit or miss. Sometimes it will find the email, but most often does not. Lots of advertisements and the app doesn't always load properly.

Alhassan

Okay for personal use, but not great for professional purposes

My overall experience with yahoo mail hasn't been great. The security and account recovery tools are very poor. And in over two years of trying, I still haven't been able to access my old account with them, not get customer service to provide any useful help.

Pros

My first email account was created with yahoomail and it seemed good. The thing I liked most about the software was the layout and interface of my account. It made it quite easy to navigate around the different folders. Also they had an option to increase the number of emails displayed per window. And that was great a feature for users with slow internet connectivity since I didn't have to navigate out and load entirely new pages just to reach non-recent mails.

Cons

The security features were very poor. They would ask me to reset my password almost every other week, which made it extremely difficult for me to track my login details and I would often get locked out of my account because I couldn't remember the last password change. Secondly, they have very poor account recovery options. I still haven't been able to access my old account to retrieve my old mails because the recovery email was also another yahoomail which can't also be accessed. No options for phone confirmation or security question to facilitate account recovery.

An email use in communicating, subscriptions and calendar for my schedules.

Pros

Its a good application. Where i use in sending messages and have a conversation to other people like friends and families, Business transactions, customer service etc. Also an important subscription, community communications and notifications like my social media, bank accounts and e-wallets. Use it in my registrations like social media, e-wallets, bank accounts and other subscriptions. Its friendly user and easy too access. I have been using it for more than a decade now. My inbox is already thousands now. Which means the capacity is very high. It stores my old email. In case i need to read an old file, i can easily find it. That's what i like it here. It is also free, i never paid anything for using it for more than a decade. It can accommodate my emails from my subscriptions, which i'm receiving everyday. There's also an option to sort my email from different category. Its a good way to organize and find the emails easily. A folders for photos and documents, if there's a photos and files that i need to see. A calendar where i organized my meeting schedule. It gives me a notification for my schedules too, so i wouldn't forget it.

Cons

There were times other emails goes to spam and there were important email i wasn't read because it goes to spam. Somethimes i'm worried for other important emails, that i might not read and will be automatically deleted. The advertisements inserted sometimes i opened accidentally. Though i'm not interested in those.

Tonya

Industry: Program Development

Yahoooooooo! is my go toooooooo!

Overall, Yahoo Mail meets all my business and personal email needs. I do like it better than the others I've tried and I've used all the major ones personally and/or professionally. I think it's quite a bit more comprehensive than Gmail, which is the other one I've used most often. I think if you have moderate technical skills and aren't easily frustrated, this email app is a good choice, especially for any small business and/or personal use.

Pros

This is the business and personal email that I FINALLY settled on. I had trouble finding one that had all the features that I wanted and was easy to navigate around. This one came the closest over the ones that I tried. I love that I can create, which seems to be an unlimited number of folders, to keep saved mail in. I'm pretty OCD about saving and organizing my emails, so this is a great feature for me. I also like that if I happen to get Spam in my inbox, I can flag it as such and it will move it to Spam box. Then it marks it that way permanently, so nothing I get from that sender will get back into my inbox. I also use the Subscription feature quite a bit to manage which regular distribution lists, I want to remain on.

Cons

I know there is a lot to this app that I have not tapped into. For me, I've played around with it and have pretty much tapped out on all the features I can master myself. I feel that I would need someone to walk me through additional features or watch a tutorial, to get the full use of what's possible. I don't think it should be that complicated to use the features on a mail app. In fact, it took me almost a year to figure out how to delete emails in mass quantity. When looking into this, I found other users had the same frustration with the particular version I was using. Now, that is a very basic function that should be much easier to figure out!

Reasons for switching to Yahoo Mail

Wanted something more comprehensive, as there were things I needed/wanted to do, that I couldn't.

Trusted Mail Service for Over a Decade

Yahoo Mail is the first mail service I ever signed up for on my own. More than 10 years later, it still has relevance and value in the industry as a recognizable and trusted mail services. I am pleased with what I have received from it over the many years.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is one of the best services for sending and receiving e-mail. You can move, archive, star, or delete mail with the click of a button, and Yahoo Mail has folders available you can create to sort your mail. Though one of my cons mentions obvious spam filtering through into the main inbox, it is also easy to mark items as spam - and you can browse the spam folder and mark anything not as spam. The search bar works well to look for any specific mail items or senders.

Cons

The amount of ads on Yahoo Mail have ramped up substantially in recent years and can get in the way. Though this is likely affected by the amount of years I have had this Yahoo Mail account, I also receive a large amount of spam - and Yahoo doesn't filter out some of the most obvious scams.

Reasons for choosing Yahoo Mail

More familiarity with Yahoo's website

Nurul Aishah

Functional, but getting outdated

Pros

Yahoo Mail has a lot of storage capacity, which is perfect for keeping all of my emails. I've been using it for over ten years and have never had to clear my inbox since it's never been full. It is convenient for people like me to have a news summary displayed on the main dashboard since it ensures that I always have something to read and that I am up to date with current events. Its vital spam detection ensures that spam never reaches your inbox instead of filtering it to the junk folder.

Cons

There is an excessive number of adverts. The software will bombard you with irrelevant information, and there is no way of stopping it, as far as I've discovered. It also publishes all email responses in a chain format, similar to old Tumblr, which might be confusing. In terms of email, everything is OK, but the service is fading away, and no new features are being provided to keep customers happy.

Hafizah

Yahoo Mail is really helpful

Pros

Yahoo is simple to use and integrates well with the iPhone's mail app. I've never had any privacy issues with Yahoo, so I'm confident in its security. In contrast to some other major email providers I've used, I've discovered that blacklisted email addresses stay restricted and go to the spam folder. In contrast, banned emails continue to come through to my inbox.

Cons

Whenever I forgot my password, I had trouble logging into my email. It was really inconvenient, and I would have to go through numerous steps to authenticate my identity and regain access to my account. The customer service was also not up to par and very late in responding to my tickets and no option to get to them by phone call.

Reasons for switching to Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail is more suitable to be use to managing personal email, also it is free to use it.

Yahoo A Standard email service

Yahoo Mail has been fantastic. It has cut communication time and distance, as well as sparked the current digital boom. I can't picture a world without it because it has brought so many people closer together. Yahoo, on the other hand, seems to be fading. It is unable to stay up with its competition and the services they provide.

Pros

1. Using the yahoo contact tool within yahoo mail, you may save all of your contacts online. 2. It is easier to use than others, and you may get support from Yahoo at any moment by dialing the yahoo customer support number. 3. It is simple to handle because it distinguishes between inbox, sent, spam, and other areas.

Cons

Yahoo recently stopped offering forwarding as a free service. This is a fundamental feature that most rivals provide for free and has been available for a long time. They've also placed more obtrusive adverts that are easy to click on by accident and cover up the inbox. I would switch if I didn't have almost a decade of memberships and logins connected to this account.

Noorhidayu

One of the best in managing emails

Pros

Yahoo Mail is one of the best email manager platform that i ever has used and it is still relevant even after 10 years has passed. It is the first ever email service that i have use and has help me a lot in my studies at the university. Sending and receiving an emails has never a problem with this software.

Cons

The problem with Yahoo Mail is, the service development and updating a new feature has become stagnant. It can't keeping up with its competitor and it has making many user has left this platform. A new feature like cloud storage will attract back the user that has left this software and making it popular again.

Reasons for switching to Yahoo Mail

Zoho Mail is not free and some of the free email service has more useful feature than this software.

Halimatun

Yahoo Mail used to be superior

Pros

Yahoomail was my first email account, and it seemed to work well. The structure and usability of my account were the features of the software that I loved the best. It was simple to navigate between the many folders. They might also increase the number of emails displayed in each window. That was a useful option for people with sluggish internet connections because I didn't have to go out and load full new pages only to get to non-recent emails.

Cons

Strangely, despite what I do, emails by one of my coworkers always wind up in the spam box. They constantly end up there even though I added her as a connection. The news section in the inbox is really distracting and making the interface really messy, and it should be removed.

Fadiah

Best of the best for email service

Pros

Yahoo Mail is a fantastic email service provider, and it was one of the first to offer free emailing services to the general public and the general public at large. The user interface for Yahoo Mail is quite primary and easy to use. It places a high priority on the security and privacy of its users' data and communications. In addition, its spam filter is highly effective, preventing all spam virtually from reaching your inbox.

Cons

In Yahoo mail, the maximum file size for sending attachments of 25 megabytes. Additionally, it displays advertisements in the primary inbox and sends messages about the latest news, which I feel looks like a Spam email. Otherwise, it is an excellent email service provider.

Masturah

Good for personal email

Really good experience with this email service provider even-tho they looks like has been defeated by their close rival of Gmail.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is the first email service provided that i have use from my teenage age until now. It is remained free to use for personal usage, with a good feature to sending and editing the email. The email dashboard is keep changing to gives a fresh impression and not looking dull with the same graphic.

Cons

The spam filter detection somehow let many of the spam email to be landing on my primary inbox. It can distinguished it clearly by the sender name and the title, yet Yahoo Mail seem can't blocking the email and i had to manually marked the sender as a spam email. They need to do a better job in this area.

My Top mailing app

Yahoo mail Is my first mailing app and i don't plan changing it anytime soon based on its ease of use and dependable attribute.

Pros

This is the first mailing app i ever used and it has always served my every purpose, I love its capacity of making use of more than one mailing account on one single application. It is seamlessly fast in email processing and has wonderful security protocol, this attributes and capacity made it the only mailing app being used by my organization.

Cons

The editing tools are not as sophisticated as i would have wanted and the spam protection is a little weak, this should be worked on by the developers as this will encourage its loyal users.

Reasons for switching to Yahoo Mail

it wasn't as seamless in its operation.

Shahryar

Industry: Environmental Services

Yahoo Mail..

Yahoo messenger is a fast and secure email platform. Apart from its email service, I loved it for its messenger to connect and communicate with friends and family living at a distance.

Pros

Yahoo mail is a dedicated email platfrorm with very clean and simple interface which makes sending and reading recieved emails very easy. It is among the first email services that started to provide free service to mass public. It offers a huge storage space for your emails and attachment files. Also it has a very smart spam detector, and spams seldomly manages to get it to your main inbox. Its major plus point is that it highly values the saftey and security of its user's conversations and data.

Cons

Yahoo mail used to be the most popular email service a decade ago, but it has lost its shine as it didn't evolved with time as fast as its competitor Gmail in ways like integrating with other services. Also it shows ads in the main inbox which is a bit annoying.

Reasons for switching to Yahoo Mail

Yahoo offered relatively a lot of privacy and accessibility. Also its messenger was way popular and fast to use on dial-up internet speed, which was the only internet mode available then.

Yahoo Mail