What are Yoast SEO users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Yoast SEO software through verified user reviews

• icon"Yoast is incredibly easy to use and is perfect for anyone just starting out with SEO. I used the Yoast WordPress plugin on my first blog and it was great."
  • icon"I like the easy UI, the step by step guidance on how to optimize content, the syncing of keywords and notifications about possible issues with se optimization."
  • icon"The Yoast plugin is a tool that make ease to seo managers and webmasters to promote their website in internet search engines, like google and others."
  • icon"There are no metrics offered by the program to show you what impact it is actually having on your site."
  • icon"Sometimes the bulk editor has a hard time finding all the pages and posts on the site. So one needs to go in manually and hunt those pages down."
  • icon"I stopped using it because of the constant conflicts and site crashes I was experiencing when I was using this and would not recommend it for everyone."

Browse all Yoast SEO Reviews

• Have you used Yoast SEO and would like to share your experience with others?

Torikul

The best SEO plugin in WordPress that will do On-Page-SEO perfectly

My overall experience is in satisficed level with this software, It helped me a lot from all sides. It made my project much easier and effective. I was successfully able to make happy my clients with the work by using Yoast SEO plugin. Features are great, easy to use, suggests optimizing google ranking factors and that's enough for me.

Pros

This plugin is almost an all-rounder that can do everything. There are so many amazing features I noticed in this plugin which is very helpful for a website, even it's a very easy to use. For example, website submission is very easy on Google Search Console or in other webmaster tools like Bing / Yandex. Just a few clicks are able to do that process without pasting the tracking file to the public_html. This plugin shows the page or posts SEO score after adding meta tag, descriptions, keywords, alternative texts on images etc. It also suggests the improvement that the page needs to rank better on search engines. I can edit the htaccess file by using this plugin without going to the cPanel. Another awesome thing is, sitemap creation is super easy with this plugin. Have worked with Yoast SEO so many times to rank webpages on google, I really like this plugin.

Cons

Yoast SEO not will allow you to check the daily or monthly visitors that the website getting. As well as there is a problem with its indexability system. I saw that some websites get SEO errors detected by the Yoast plugin. But there is no easy direction or solution, they suggest Ryte which is really confusing. I don't feel comfortable working with Ryte. Yoast plugin should remove this matter completely. There is a website indexing problem on Google. It takes a long time to Index a website page that is On-Page-SEO optimized through the Yoast SEO plugin.

Reasons for switching to Yoast SEO

I found some problems with Yoast SEO sitemap features, that's why I switched it to PRO sitemaps

jason

Yoast SEO

It's helped me better understand SEO techniques and how to get my content engaging.I will recommend this plugin, if you are a beginner to SEO.

Pros

based on my UX with yoast: -this plugin is one of the best SEO tool i have used this far. Yoast provides a high magnifying ranking boost score for my posts like keyword optimization, content look-ups, makes my content appear more friendly and clear for search engines to easily index my pages and rank my content as per user-intent. -It's a free tool (although has a priced plan) for everyone to use. - set up is very easy and simple thanks to the step-by-step set up assistant. -It's a trusted plugin with no negative behavioral characteristics. - cheap and affordable( costs just about 87 bucks despite it's great features) for 1 year license which is quite good as compared to other SEO tools. - 98/100 customer support. support service is very responsive.

Cons

-free version frequently displays ads that can be a nuisance sometimes.

Reasons for switching to Yoast SEO

limited to site's performance .

Bed Prakash

December 2021

Almost Impossible to Rank on Google Without using Yoast SEO

I am using Yoast SEO on my blogs since the starting of blogging. All the features are excellent except the LSI keywords suggestion. For the LSI keyword, I use RankMath sometimes.

Pros

Writing is creative work, and while writing we all focus is on delivering quality content, at that time Yoast SEO works for us and suggest all the possible SEO and readability improvement. We can easily integrate Yoast SEO with our Wordpress blog and observe all the SEO and readability factors.

Cons

On Yoast SEO there are no features that suggest us the use of the LSI keyword. Yoast SEO only focuses on main keywords, But LSI keywords also play a vital role in website ranking. For overcoming this issue I prefer RankMath over Yoast SEO.

Rosalind

SEO Assistance

I didn’t really see problem solving capability. I do not exactly understand the benefits.

Pros

I appreciated that the product came as a part of my website hosting. Reports were available to monitor optimization.

Cons

I didn’t find it to be user friendly for non tech people. It was unclear how the product actually helped or what actions needed to increase optimization.

Abid

Yoast SEO is the Best WordPress Plugin

I have very professional experience because I have improved the SEO of my WordPress website. I can see my website pages and articles are appearing in the search engines when people search for different keywords. This has been happened just because of this professional SEO plugin.

Pros

If you are running a business website, then obviously you can also see the websites of your competitors. You need a better ranking in the search engines, so you can get more visitors from Google, Bing, and other search engines. This is possible if you are using Yoast SEO in your WordPress website. Yoast SEO is a unique plugin that offers so many incredible SEO features. Even you can also attract more visitors from Social media. You can easily install and activate the plugin. After activation, you can analyze each page, post, and product of your website.

Cons

The internal links suggestion options should tell more options. No doubt there are a lot of incredible features and I never faced any complicated issue or technical cons during the use of Yoast SEO features.

Simon

Your #1 destination for all your SEO needs!

When we set up our blog back in 2016, we had no idea how SEO worked. Yoast was our gateway into how the internet, especially written content, was being consumed. It helped us target our audience better while keeping the content specific and precise. Overall, it helped us reach a bigger audience while also putting us in the top pages of all the major search engines.

Pros

Yoast covers almost all areas of SEO. From finding appropriate keywords to better targeting, Yoast does it all. The readability index is very helpful - it has made a few of our average writers become exceptional at their craft.

Cons

There really isn't a lot left to be desired. If there are limitations that we come across, a revisit to this section will be arranged in the future.

Svetla

Toast SEO has helped me rank organic content at top, with ease

The best SEO tool for wordpress sites, if you follow the optimization guidelines and do your research on keywords beforehand, you can surely climb to top of search engines for your content.

Pros

Been using the toast SEO wordpress plugin for years. I like the easy UI, the step by step guidance on how to optimize content, the syncing of keywords and notifications about possible issues with se optimization. Have been recommending it to everyone dealing with SEO, be it experienced or newbie.

Cons

It's great so far. Would expect more from the paid version compared to free one, currently seeing little incentive to upgrade.

JOEL KINUTHIA

Industry: Writing and Editing

Yoast SEO is the Best SEO Tool for Writing Amazing Website Content

I love it, no words can actually describe my actual experience with Yoast SEO.

Pros

I have used several SEO tools but I have never come across one that is as effective as Yoast SEO. This WordPress plugin is just awesome. I don't think, I have the right words, to describe it as is. Yoast SEO has software that scans your content, identifies errors, and makes suggestions to help you optimize your content fully to rank higher on Google. Effective use of Yoast and complying with the suggestions given can make your site rank on the first page of search results within less than 6 months. They also have a free subscription to help start-up businesses to grow. It is also simple to use.

Cons

Absolutely nothing. Everything is okay. However

Complicated.

Muddassar

The Best SEO Plugin for WordPress Website

My overall experience with Yoast SEO is really amazing because I always use Yoast SEO in my all websites. After adding a new post or page I analyze the SEO score on my page through Yoast SEO, then I edit and modify all these options according to the best SEO options.

Pros

Yost SEO plugin allows you to manage and control all SEO options of your Website. You can add titles, descriptions, and a lot of other SEO options.

Cons

I never faced any issues or cons in the Yoast SEO plugin, because I have increased the ranking of my websites in the search engines using this incredible plugin.

Basic Multi-Purpose SEO Tool

Overall a well designed, simple to use tool that boosts your sites SEO easily.

Pros

The monthly subscription that offers all of their tools offers many unique SEO improvement tools and has helped us get listed in Googles News section, among other improvements.

Affordability and features.

The all-in-one best solution for SEO and WordPress

Previous to Yoast SEO, there was a lot you would need to do for search engine optimization. Not only that, many of the features included in this product were just not available out of the box in WordPress and would require a lot of customization or a variety of other plugins to end up with the same results (and likely in an inferior and more time-consuming way.)

Pros

Search Engine Optimization is not something to be taken for granted. It is still the number one source for most website traffic (while others tend to also have social traffic.) This plugin makes SEO easy! You do need to have an understanding of the concepts but it truly allows you to finetune SEO on your overall site down to individual posts and pages

Cons

The learning curve on Yoast requires an understanding of Search Engine Optimization and general terms and best practices. While this can take some time to get familiar with, the results are well worth it.

Reasons for choosing Yoast SEO

Honestly, Yoast SEO just had the most options in one package that not only made sense in how to use them but work flawlessly with one another. Also, being one of the top products of its kind on the market there are plenty of resources out there to learn the best ways to finetune your installation to obtain the results that you're looking for.

Arlène

A valuable – and easy-to-use – SEO tool

Pros

I know it's important to optimize the content I write and I'm glad I have found Yoast SEO. I like the fact that's easy to download, install, and use – and that it gives you tips you can follow step-by-step, so that your written content is as optimized as possible. I like the fact that the free version of Yoast SEO has a pretty good amount of features that come in handy from an SEO point of view. In particular, I like the red-yellow-green system with which Yoast SEO shows you how much your headlines, posts, descriptions, etc. are optimized so that you increase the chances of your blog content to rank high on Google. Yoast SEO is a WordPress plugin, which means that once it's been installed you'll see it "integrated" into the back-end of your WordPress posts and pages, making it more intuitive and faster to add the content optimization step to your workflow.

Cons

I find that some of the SEO tools Yoast SEO provides you aren't always that easy to find... I sometimes find myself looking for features (and, at times, end up needing to search for the answer on Google or YouTube).

Adnan

Overall Best and Professional WordPress SEO Plugin

I can see a very big improvement of the users on my websites after using this plugin. I have edited all the previous pages content according to the Yoast SEO recommendations, and now I always add proper SEO options in my posts, pages and products.

Pros

Yoast SEO is the best and amazing WordPress plugin, there are a lot of SEO features you can apply after the installation and activation of this plugin in your Website. If you want to see high rankings for your website content in the search engine then always use Yoast SEO. Because It will allow you to add title, description and other SEO features according to the search engines requirements.

Cons

Sometimes the improvement of the posts and pages readability is quite difficult for the beginners, but according to my experience, after using the plugin for few days anyone can also do this. So all other features are amazing and nice.

Megan

Great SEO tool for beginners

If you're new to SEO I would highly recommend Yoast. It makes it really easy to keep track of everything you need to include in your writing. Even after practicing SEO for a few years I still use the Yoast plugin because it's like a nice little checklist that reminds me of everything I need to do for proper SEO in my articles.

Pros

Yoast is incredibly easy to use and is perfect for anyone just starting out with SEO. I used the Yoast WordPress plugin on my first blog and it was great. After writing an article, but before publishing, the Yoast plugin will give you several scores on different SEO criteria like word count, SEO title, meta description, key phrase usage, etc. It's in an organized, easy-to-read list that is very user-friendly. It takes all the guesswork out of it and shows you exactly what you need to do to get a good SEO score.

Cons

After using Yoast for a while I noticed that sometimes Yoast would grade my article incorrectly. For example, it would say that my keyphrase wasn't in the first paragraph when it was. Or it would say I had no outbound links when I had several. I'm not sure why that would happen but it was annoying getting bad scores even though I had included everything perfectly. It always made me wonder if Google would also "grade" my articles the same way and rank me poorly.

A Perfect SEO tool with unbeatable characteristics

On a general note, Yoast SEO is a tremendous tool for everyone starting out with what SEO is.

Pros

I love the fact that one could integrate Yoast SEO into many writing or blogging platform to ensure you have a perfect work suitable for search engines. The tool also itemizes every single item that one needs to resolve for a perfect SEO.

Cons

Perhaps, the downside will be that the options in the premium version is too hugely missed in the free version and could be discouraging at times.

Reasons for choosing Yoast SEO

Yoast SEO is practically user-friendly and one can hardly think of another product with similar features

Response from Yoast

Wow! That's a great review. Thank you! You mentioned the fact you're missing some of the premium features in the free plugin. And you're right, the premium features are only available in our premium add-on. However, we make sure that everything that's essential to the SEO of your site is in the free version. In the premium version you'll find features that help you save time and/or money. Did you know that 'making money doesn't not come first' is actually one of our core values? You can find all of them at https://yoast.com/core-values/. Thanks again for the positive review!

Replied July 2021

Zephyr

Perfect for learning SEO

I installed the Yoast SEO plugin on my website in an effort to start ranking on Google. I run a small business in my local community and would write a few articles here and there for my website but nothing ever showed up on the first page of Google. I started using Yoast and learned about SEO by following their checklist and suggestions to improve my articles. I am definitely still a newbie when it comes to SEO but I've learned a lot since installing Yoast. I think it's great for anyone just learning SEO.

Pros

Yoast is really easy to use even for someone who is completely new to SEO like me. The plugin ranks your articles and shows you where you can improve by adding more keywords, increasing your word count, etc. It takes all the guesswork out of SEO because it lays it all out for you in an easy-to-understand list. I really like how it provides the "why" behind each category it ranks you on. Under each category, there are links to articles explaining why and how Google ranks you on each category for SEO and what you can do to improve. I really learned most of what I know about SEO through Yoast.

Cons

I had a few problems when I initially installed the Yoast plugin. I had to reinstall it several times before it worked properly. It may have been a problem with an interaction between other plugins I had installed at the time as I had to uninstall several other plugins to get Yoast to finally work.

Umair

Increase SEO in Different Search Engines

My overall experience with Yoast SEO is very professional because I have taught this Plugin to my WordPress students in the United Arab Emirates.

Pros

Good ranking in the search engines is the need of Marketing and Optimization. This is only possible just because of the Yoast SEO. Because this plugin gives you so many incredible features regarding search engine optimization. You can check the SEO score of your web pages.

Cons

According to my point of view, when a plugin allows you to make your SEO better, then how you can find any cons or issues in it. Because there are no cons, therefore Yoast SEO is awesome.

Essential for Wordpress/Woocommerce Sites

Yoast SEO helps us to be more aware of what we put on a page, how to improve a page for readability and all the internal and external links that would help in a user's experience. In short, it helps generate better and more relevant pages for our website, hence achieving better ranking on search engines, and that's the ultimate goal.

Pros

Easy to use. Provides Google search preview of every product and page on desktop and mobile results. Assists in formulating the most effective SEO titles and meta descriptions that filled with important keywords for ranking. Conducts SEO analysis on every page and product and provides suggestions for improvement.

Cons

The sitemap is hidden and for users who are not so familiar with the software may have a hard time in finding it.

Santosh

SEO specialist's Wordpress Friend

Overall, regardless of the issues I have, I would wholeheartedly recommend this for any Wordpress site, big or small. I am a happy camper as far as Yoast is concerned. Would like Yoast to venture out of Wordpress on to other CMSs as well. Cheers!

Pros

Yoast makes life easy for wordpress builds for SEO specialists. While it wont automatically optimise a wordpress site for search engines, the plugin helps rule out the usual suspects. The ability to add titles and descriptions for all pages and posts in one place makes life easy.

Cons

Sometimes the bulk editor has a hard time finding all the pages and posts on the site. So one needs to go in manually and hunt those pages down. Can be a bit tricky if your site has pages running in hundreds. Also, the fact that you can see only 10 or so pages in the bulk editor section is cumbersome. Would like to see up to 100 pages on one screen and the title and meta description boxes on the same page and not in different tabs. Something I saw in Silverstripe.

It was once the best SEO plugin

Once it was the best plugin, but now it is a lot bloated, and it has also failed to implement AI, unlike new tools like Squirrly SEO. I have stopped using it and went with Squirrly SEO.

Pros

It is a full-feature SEO plugin best suited for a newbie. It has loads and loads of integration, most of them are not required by most of the users. it has multi-lingual support that helps you cater to an international audience.

Cons

I have been using SEO Yoast for more than 10 years, and back in the days, it was the most lightweight and versatile SEO tool in the market. It took on the number one seat throwing then-leader All In One SEO out of the number one seat, but after a couple of years, it started getting bulkier and bulkier with a lot of useless nuisance added to it.

Yoast Was better than the All In One SEO

Stefan

Yoast SEO makes sure I'm getting the most out of my blog

Extremely good so far! I would straight up recommend the free plan of Yoast SEO to every one looking to dive into the world of SEO!

Pros

Within Wordpress, Yoast SEO works flawlessly within the blog post section of the CMS. It shows me where I'm currently losing points in terms of SEO, such as meta description, key phrases, but also offers tutorials and advice on how to achieve a high SEO rank.

Cons

I upgraded to the pro plan in November last year and found that it can be a little costly to new users, especially providing that Wordpress is a free CMS.

Nick

A must have plug-in for SEO

Pros

Yoast makes it simple to automate basic seo tasks on Wordpress. It’s also very useful in helping new SEOs learn the ropes of the industry

Cons

Some of the automation can get a little wonky depending on your deployment. It can be a pain to troubleshoot some of the issues and the help center is a bit outdated

Good for beginners but has limitations

I like Yoast for beginners or individuals with minimal SEO knowledge who want a decent foundation for each post. However, it is very limited for experienced SEOs and can even create challenges where clients think a post isn't good because it doesn't fit Yoast's very narrow set of parameters.

Pros

Yoast provides a quick snapshot to help new SEO users ensure they are meeting the minimum standards for SEO. It covers a lot of the basic "best practices" for SEOs who are still learning the rules.

Cons

Yoast has not adapted well to semantic search or synonymous keywords. It can be challenging to get the "green check" on posts that are targeting numerous keywords at once.

Haris

Industry: Chemicals

Increase Ranking of your Website with Yoast SEO

I started using Yoast SEO a few years ago and I found it so incredible when I saw the ranking of my website after few days. Because I saw a major change of traffic on my website. Therefore I really like this WordPress Plugin and I am satisfied with the performance of my websites now.

Pros

You can use Yoast SEO without having to worry even if you have less knowledge of SEO. Because when you are adding a page or post, you can see below a SEO box, where you can add Title and Description. When you focus a single keyword, it also tells you where and how many times in your paragraphs you should use this keyword.

Cons

As a professional SEO plugin, we can find each and everything in this Plugin. According to my search engine optimization experience, I never found any cons in this amazing plugin. I think it's perfect.

Jerome "Jay"

Best tool for WP

The best SEO tool for wordpress sites as long as you follow the guidelines to optimize your ranking with the keywords.

Pros

The step by step guidance is very detailed. Need to spent some times reading on how to use to but once you've got necessary infos, it's spot on to optimize your ranking

Cons

A bit confusing as a newbie. It takes some time to understand how works the whole process .

4.67/5 out of 39 reviews