• Pros

• "Easy to set up new students. Easy to find history of payments. It’s very organized and easy to navigate. I love that our members have access to their own profiles."

• "The ease of use, and the customer response time, initially and ongoing as needed. I like the customization options specifically for Martial Arts. "

• "Ease of day to day use...Does not need additional hardware (works off a smartphone, tablet, pc, etc).... Feature rich... Dashboard providing a snapshot of key metrics... "

• Cons

• "Setting up family memberships is the hardest thing but it’s not that bad."

• "The template for the website is fixed with little customization aside from pictures. The schedule only shows one week at a time. "

• "None - I have no issues with the software or its capabilities!"

Browse Martial Arts on Rails Reviews

Cindy from Precision Martial Arts, LLC

Client management software for martial arts

We needed client management software for our martial arts gym; I switched to MA on Rails based on the recommendation of another gym owner. The author has been incredibly responsive about small changes we needed. Overall, it does what we need well and with a simple, clean interface.

Pros

It is simple to use and handles all our needs (managing clients, gym shop sales, attendance, scheduling). It's very flexible about types of membership options, from drop-ins to monthly. I like that the clients can access their own account. It has good tracking for attendance, bill paying, lets us freeze clients when needed. It also has a basic web-site.

Cons

The attendance check-in is a bit confusing when you have multiple classes running.

Leigh-Ann from Summit Martial Arts Ltd.

Best Martial Arts Specific Software We've Used, Exceptional Customer Service

The customer service with MAonRails has been fantastic. Eran goes out of his way to help and answers quickly. They were also willing to work with us on price which for a small school is greatly appreciated.

Pros

The interface is clean, easy to navigate for students and administrator. Easy to customize and get up and running quickly. Like the family account feature, belt ranks are easy to create, add, and modify. Customer Service is fantastic, quick answers and always willing to help.

Cons

That each document cannot have a customizable email saved. A bit difficult to navigate belt ranks when different classes can count towards time in grade. Also, the gym schedule is not great. Would like to see a month at a time.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

We did the free trial with CMS and the interface was messy, hard to navigate and the roll over had to be done by their tech. There were too many complicated back door options and buttons.

Molly from Kaijin MMA

Makes My Life So Much Easier

Using Martial Arts on the Rails has made my life much easier. With the last management software I was using I had to spend hours on the phone and honestly just dreaded going in to the gym to work on the computer. I now have a lot more confidence in the way that I am managing the business, our programs and our memberships and I am more organized.

Pros

I have found that this software is easy to use. It is pretty intuitive as how to navigate through the system. It is easy to add, cancel and manage memberships. I like the simplicity of running attendance and financial reports. I have found the support to be great, I always get a quick response. I also like how it is easy for me as an owner to control what kind of access my other gym staff has access to.

Cons

The only one thing I have found that I have had trouble with is when I search for a member if they are frozen their name doesn't come up in the search. I have to go to the frozen tab to find them.

Matt from Agoge Combatives

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Excellent Software and Amazing Customer Service

My experience has been great. We've grown to extremely quickly, and a big part of that has been through our website contact forms. I can't say enough about the customer service and the simplicity of the software. Both are fantastic.

Pros

I chose this software because of the ease of implementation. Other companies wanted weekly conference calls to train me on the software. MA on Rails was very intuitive. I had no problems setting up my school. Any issue I have has been resolved immediately. Eran offers fantastic customer service. Customer service really sets them apart from larger companies.

Cons

I'd like some added features. You have everything you need to run your business, but there are a couple of things that would be nice to have. Expanded reporting and an app would be top of the list. The positives vastly outweigh any negatives.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

More modern and clean look. Positive reviews.

Paul from Jita Kyoei Judo Club

Martial Arts on Rails Review

Pros

Simple interface Most needed features Quick turnaround for bug fixes Open to suggestions for new features

Cons

Unable to work directly with back-end data (though this is understandable), more export options would help here though Would prefer a self hosted open source solution if one were available with comparable feature set Self-sign-in when multiple classes available feels less intuitive than other processes

Price Developer responsiveness to questions More modern looking clean interface

James from High Level Jiu Jitsu

Best software for us

Pros

This software is very easy to set up and manage. Our members can quickly and easily sign up and update their information at anytime. Whats even better is that there were no annoying sales calls from people trying to sell us of features we didnt need.

Cons

K

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

Martial Arts on Rails had all the features we needed! Its affordable and easy to use.

Jordan from Spearfish Martial Arts

Martial Arts In rails

Its cuts down tons on paperwork and allows the use of a card for recurring monthly payments. Those are huge. We also keep attendance and rank in this and it helps tons as well. I was skeptical at first but will say that we highly enjoy its function.

Pros

Best customer support around! Very streamline and easy to use Ever evolving with input from customers Less paperwork, mass emailing, just great in all areas. Fair priced

Cons

- sometimes can be a little glitchy but Customer support always is right on it.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

Cheaper and more affordable and designed specifically for martial artists needs.

Lindsay from Community Karate Center

Great option for beginners

Very happy overall. Service is key for me, makes me want to stay bc I have help when I need it.

Pros

Cons

It takes some time to learn the settings and its still something that Im learning even after a year. Sometimes there are glitches. But with the immediate response (and tech help from the back-end) from the company, it makes it easier to handle.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

Price, we are new and were starting with a very small number of clients. Also we dont need complex software. Simple is better.

Hollis & Joel from Total Woman Health Studio

New MAOR user

Extremely positive

Pros

Ease of use and presentation. The simple, yet data heavy presentation allows the user to have important information at the fingertips without unnecessary navigation.

Cons

Report customization. Probably not so much for the M.A. facility, but gym operators with a wide range of customers need to be able to generate custom data reports, especially those facilities who rely in part on dues reimbursement from member insurance programs. A growing segment of business as the aging population increases.

na

Heidi from Mission Submissions

Love this software!

Our clientele doubled within the first four months of using this software. Its has been absolutely amazing.

Pros

Easy to set up new students. Easy to find history of payments. Its very organized and easy to navigate. I love that our members have access to their own profiles.

Cons

Setting up family memberships is the hardest thing but its not that bad.

Reasons for Choosing Martial Arts on Rails

The 30 day free trial drew me in to try it. It was recommended by another Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy. I made the decision to purchase it because it met our needs perfectly and was well within our budget.

Ben from FightBack 360, Inc

Industry: Public Safety

Excellent choice for member management

Pros

The team is quick to respond and open to suggestions for features. The setup is pretty simple and easily integrates with payment software. The FrontDesk option is a nice feature for allowing students to check in. Great set of features for the price.

Cons

Updating members isn't always easy. Some of the links and buttons don't work as expected. Ability to customize memberships, especially for 'no cost' memberships, is limited. No feature to allow for more than one version of a waiver to be used at the same time or to include a waiver and a membership agreement during the sign up process.

Sebastiao from Team Torres MMA

Transformed our Club

Prior to using Martial Arts On Rails we operated a manual system and as a consequence we were losing track of payments, grading, etc. For our club to continue to grow and provide the type of service our students deserve we did some extensive research of automated systems and opted for Manonrails as we found it to be a feature rich system which not only manages the basics very well but also allows you to monitor trends and provides a variety of metrics on the clubs performance and tools to help you grow the club. The sytem was created and managed by CEO who himself is a Martial Artist and therefore uniquely understands the needs of a martial arts club. In the event of any issues or queries the responsiveness of their customer support is nothing short of exceptional, we are on a different time zone here in Europe but that has never been an issue. Maonrails has totally transformed how we manage our clubs and we would have no hesitation in recommending them!

Pros

Cons

Nil - anytime we have identified a new feature that would benefit our club they have modified they system to add the desired feature.

Justin from JM Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Limited

Highly Recommended Tool

Overall experience has been great with Martial Arts on Rails from the staff all the way through to the system itself, the support is phenomenal and you're dealing with real people so it makes communication much easier... I would highly recommend this to anyone no matter how small or large the organisation it makes sense to invest in something that captures your payments and manages the data for you so you don't have to do it manually!

Pros

The ability to tailor the belts to suit my academy and secondly that once setup its easy to get people registered and actively using the system.

Cons

None - I have no issues with the software or its capabilities!

Joey from The Martial Arts Center

Slick looking and easy to use

My experience was great. I ended up choosing another product, but it wasn't because of any defect in the product. MAOR is both advanced and simple at the same time. It has all the basic functionality you need to get started right away. I had my site basics set up in about 10 minutes, and within an hour I had my contracts all set up and ready to merge. If you're after a highly tweakable product, this may not be it, but if you want something that is easy to use, provides a good user experience, or, most importantly, if you're not a technical person - if you just want something easy to use so you can run your club/school, then definitely consider this offering. This product is so easy to use that anyone could use it. That being said, I had a lot of questions when I started using it, but mostly related to trying to get it to do things that it wasn't designed to do. The support from the developer was outstanding. After asking a few questions to understand what I was trying to do, most of the things I was asking about were met with a "yeah, no problem, we can add that". I'd have not hesitation in suggesting you check out this product.

Pros

The interface is sharp, and simple to navigate and find what you're looking for. Able to set up a trial account and poke around without first having to sit through a lengthy pitch. Developer responsiveness and support.

Cons

The interface isn't very customizable (the color scheme and icons). Also the options for layout are pretty static.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the review and feedback, Joey, it's very much appreciated!

Jean-Marc from EKTS LAUSANNE - SWITZERLAND

Great responsiveness

Easiness and reliability !

Pros

Easiness to use from any platform, as well as the support team that is 100% reliable in term of consideration and reactivity.

Cons

Minor adaptations that I would like to have for a better fit with our regional sport's issues.

Leif from Bozeman Aikido

Perfect for our dojo

Nearly flawless. What few small problems I've had were quickly resolved by the founder. I have had ZERO problems with the back-end payment system or student management.

Pros

I love how easy it was to setup for our dojo! And it built our front landing page AND student portal all at the same time. Billing is easy and perfect. Nothing but great stuff

Michael from Escambia Martial Arts

Switching from Kicksite to Martial Arts On Rails

So far very impressed would recommend people giving this software a chance.

Pros

Website integration is awesome, I use square for my business and as far as I know this is the only software that integrates square into there system. The cost compared to kicksite is better as compared per student.

Cons

The only invoicing available is reoccurring would like to see one time invoicing for products or tests. Also would like to see more done with the ranking, maybe being able to put in requirements so to be able to track students progress also maybe a way to advance a testing group with a single click.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the review Michael! I'm glad you found our software useful. Worth noting that we definitely offer one-time charges and product sales, if you need help with using those features please get in touch and we'd be happy to help you out!

Marion from Trifecta MMA

Great Program

Been a great experience to us new owners so far.

Pros

I like the alerts when a payment is due or a member hasn't been present in a while.

Cons

I dislike not being able to give INDIVIDUAL stripes when a promotion is made. I can put stripes on the color belts, but it shows everyone with the same stripes. Hope that makes sense. Correcting this would make it easier for promotions.

Franck from UTS Jitsu

Great support

We are a university club, with 30-40 members. Just enough members to justify a membership system but not enough to afford the big names. We are a martial art club, so I look at 50+ different options and try ~10 that were affordable. MAOnRails was in the top 3, I was sold by the support that was absolutely, and still is, great. Very fast response to explain, correct or enhance. I can only recommend this software. It is not the cheapest but far from the more expensive. Definitely worth the money!

Pros

- Best support ever - Quick bug & features turnaround, even when paying the lowest plan - All features requests are considered and thought through - Payment integration with square and stripe - kiosk mode for in gym/dojo check-in - manager and members interface to allow members to see own membership, pay invoices, etc - integrated document management for waiver and T&Cs Many other features, I suggest you to do the free trial

Cons

It is really a great software, any cons I came across was swiftly corrected/updated by the great team behind the software. There hasn't been any request/features that where dismissed by the team so I want to say no cons!

Lucas from MooresvilleBJJ

Great software for the price

Pros

This software is great for the price. Very well thought out and well done

Cons

The website does not look great on desktop. Somewhat tough to align everything properly

Master from Wing Chun International

Simple the best, better than all the rest.....

Been using their software coming up for 6 months and so far they get 10 out of 10.

Pros

What can I say, I have tested many systems promising so much and in the end either too difficult to learn or just doesn't deliver. However with Martial Arts on Rails it was completely different, easy to set up, easy to use and students/instructors love it.

Cons

Nothing... I have tried so many other systems and to pick something wouldn't help someone looking to test their system. Yes I have things I would like developed for my organisation and their support team are truly there if you need them... I wished i found them years ago....

Jared from Soma Jiu-Jitsu Academy - Idaho Falls

Exceptional product

Saves me time and money. Very good product!

Pros

It is quite intuitive. It does so many things for me that I would spend endless time trying to do for myself. It is also priced fairly.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Replied August 2017

Thanks for the review, Jared, and for being a valued customer for so long! -Eran

Suzanne from Maverick Training Center

Great customer service

This software has helped our business grow. The customer service is second to none!

Pros

Easy to use and the customer service is outstanding.

Cons

Learning how to use this new software. A change in our usual routine, but it was much needed.

Shareef from Asiatic Martial Arts

Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

Great program!

I really like your program! The software is easy to use and the website is very simple to edit, especially for someone like me who is NOT very savvy when it comes to things like this! Thank you for this!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, as well as the automatic billing feature. It allows me to focus on teaching, and I don't have to stop class to take payments. I also really like the simplicity of the website and how simple it is to add or make edits.

Cons

I kept getting spam messages in my lead form, now that Captcha has been added that is no longer a problem!

Carlos from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Puerto Rico

My experience with Martial Arts On Rail has been positive.

Pros

The ease of the software. All understandable. Its all on your hands. It basically has everything you need to administrate your business. Customer service is an A++++.

Cons

It should have a better ranking and attendance system. A way that you can input an amount of days or hours for each belt level and we could get notified we when will each student be ready for promotion.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Replied August 2017

Thank you for the review, Carlos! We'll keep improving our platform to suit your needs -Eran

Earl from Alpha & Omega Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Fantastic software

Payment system and student lead tracking is unparalleled.

Pros

This software is amazing for keeping a martial arts school on track. They are continually improving features as well and we highly recommend anyone use it.

Cons

The website feature could offer more freedom for design.

Daniel from Trifecta Martial Arts

Best decision ever

Couldn't run a proper martial arts business without this. Great software at reasonable prices.

Pros

Cloud based. Suited to remote management of school. Well designed features with a martial arts school in mind. Fantastic service and responsive support.

Cons

Has some kinks, but development team sorts it out really quick. So it's not really a con. Just an indication of a work in progress that's already quite top notch.

Charles from JMK Martial Arts

Excellent!

Pros

I like the fact that it comes with the website which is very user friendly. It integrates everything you need to operate smoothly.

Cons

The only suggestion I have, and I may just not be aware of it, is having the ability to have someone sign up and pay on the spot through the lead forms, and have auto responders for emails.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Replied August 2017

Thank you for the review Charles, and we'll definitely look into adding your suggestion! -Eran

May 2016

Branden from Honu Bjj

May 2016

Very satisfied

After three years of dodging the bigger companies peddling their software my partner and I decided to give MA on Rails a try using our new location as a testing platform. Any issues or questions we had were answered promptly and any feedback we have was immediately put to use to make our software truly comparable for our gym.. After a month we asked for a little more time to decide and were given another month. Currently we are using MA on rails at both of our locations and are very happy with the product and service provided.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Replied May 2016

Branden and Shawn were a couple of our earliest customers with Honu BJJ, and we really appreciate them trying us out and are looking forward to continue to improve their experience with us. Thanks again for reviewing us!

Thomas from Arete

Great software

Extremely happy

Pros

This is just the best bjj gym management period , love the rank , automatically payment , attendance report, check in system

Cons

Nothing really, maybe change some colors of check in

Robert from Grizzly MMA

June 2016

Great software and excellent customer service!!!

Martial Arts on Rails is the perfect program for any martial arts gym. The user interface is designed to be extremely user friendly. What was once considered time consuming tasks are now a breeze with this program. Their tech support has been very prompt with answering any questions and resolving any technical issues immediately. This has been the best support of any software I have worked with by far. Martial Arts on Rails has been a blessing for our gym and I would highly recommend it to any martial arts gym owner. 5 Stars all day!!!

Bernard from Kempe Fitness & Fighting

Great Service

Amazing people to deal with, would recommend to other club owners.

Pros

easy to used, amazing quick responses back from questions.

Cons

Learning curve was bigger than i thought.

David from Colossal Fight Company

Great product, great service

This software is very useful for martial arts gyms. I run a grappling gym, and the features for this software are fantastic. Further, the developer is extremely responsive, and walked me through the entire process from start to finish. He is also consistently updating his product, and incorporates feedback from the user to make Martial Arts on Rails better every month. I would recommend this software to anyone!

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Replied June 2016

Thank you, David, for your continued support of our product!

Derrick from Knights BJJ

The Best Software for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy!

Very helpful, if you had any issue they will answer you right away! The software is easy to use to keep track of your members. Martial on Rails have done a great job and I recommended to anyone out there!

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Replied April 2017

Thank you for the kind words, Derrick! We hope you'll continue to enjoy using our software. -Eran