All MassageBook Reviews

Hannah

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2022

Love this program, have used since the beginning

Reviewed January 2019

Just What I Need To Manage My Practice

I think that Massagebook really - and quite brilliantly - crosses the chasm that is often never, truly crossed by many companies out there: they connect the ever-ellusive Benefits of [a] Service with its Features. They are massage therapy practitioner-centric - we are their Clients (as well as their Customers) - delivering functional, beautiful, intuitive, and comprehensive services that are needed and desired most by massage therapy practitioners. I stay because I feel like they have and continue to develop the software Just For Me. I like that :D

PROS

Massagebook is a complete software solution for my sole-proprietorship - detailed reports and appropriate and sane-levels of engagement with my clients are both built into Massagebook, two very important aspects of running my business. Their mobile-accessibility - for both business-owner and its customers - is impeccable. The marketing and promotional components are integrated very well into the CMS function. Their payment portal only gets better and better - rates are fair, Referral Fees (from MB-domain-originated promotion, of which I have garnered several New customers) are nominal. Their business Goals of making things "easy" is apparent in their Customer Service: knowledgeable, persistent, easily- and readily-accessible, and in the new Features they roll out on a regular basis. The cost for their service is definitely worth paying - basically: it pays for itself in the time & money it saves me doing it "the old way". I feel like everyone at Massagebook cares about the success of my massage therapy practice - from the regular emails from rep and the Massagebook Team to their blogs about How To maximize the use and benefits of the software to make my practice management Better, I learn more and more not only How to use the software, but also Why. They've really nailed down Delivering Value, and I am a loyal customer because I know they're interaction with me as a customer helps me be a better massage therapist AND businessperson.

CONS

As with most software subscriptions out there, there are features that I could use more of in my practice - but Massagebook is ALWAYS working to make the current ones Better and develop new ones for the benefit of the majority of its users. Over the 5 years I've been with Massagebook, they always seem to come through, albeit at the cost of time. I will always wish for a Perfect Product, and the Massagebook Team has and will always rise to the challenge by hearing my suggestions and requests and moving toward a more-efficient and easy software to use.

Erika

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

massagebook review

we've been with massagebook for 9 years, in the beginning it was fantastic, but the more I grow the more I consider switching to a more robust platform.

PROS

massagebook is an excellent platform for a small massage practice just starting out. the features and price are great for a small office with an owner who is just learning how to operate. unfortunately it is not well designed for multi therapist offices who are trying to grow.

CONS

the reporting features are not robust enough to make data informed decisions which makes it hard to run a business more than a few therapists.

Reason for choosing MassageBook

massage book has the best options by far for clinical notes, and while the email and marketing sections aren't great, our emails land in inbox rather than spam which is

Ryan

Reviewed January 2024

Great Resource

PROS

It’s very convenient and easy to use. Highly recommended

CONS

I wish it would display previous client visits more prominently

Hey Ryan! Thanks for the great review! If you've not already shared with our team, please let us know where you'd like to see previous client visits more prominently. We do have a feature on the desktop and mobile app to autofill appointment details based on previous visit information. If you want to see something specific, let us know and we'll walk you through either a current solution or we'll get it documented for an update! Thanks for choosing MassageBook for your practice.

Replied January 2024

Adam

Reviewed May 2023

Massagebook Experience

PROS

Massagebook is a great intro program for users starting to be self-employed. It is a very simple layout and easy to understand how to use.

CONS

Massagebook has very limited options for different practioners (eg. osteopath, kinesiologist)The SOAP notes format are low quality and non-customizable, you could not make your own intake forms, support rarely assisted me with any issue when I had one. Would not recommend to anyone except a beginner in their industry.

Reasons for switching to MassageBook

Much better product and had solutions to all the issues I had with massagebook.

Hi Adam! Thank you for your honest review here sharing your experience. I'm happy to share that in early February, we launched a 100% fully customizable intake form feature: https://www.massagebook.com/marketing/customizable-massage-therapy-client-intake-forms/. While our target market is massage therapists, we do have thousands of providers offering non-massage services on the platform. I'd love the opportunity to reconnect with you and help you try out some of these features at no cost, including the intake forms, and ensure you have a tailored and helpful customer service experience. If you're interested, please send an email to support@massagebook.com Attn:Rachel and I'll be happy to connect you with our Senior Advocate. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you and your clients well! Have a wonderful day and I hope to hear from you soon.

Replied May 2023

Luke

Reviewed February 2024

Long time user

Overall the experience has been good. It is easy to use and the tech support is good. Slow on improvements and upgrades to release fixes and new features due to the size of the company. However, the package of features offered for the price can't be beat and far out weighs the lag time on new releases for me. I have easily been able to run my practice with this software when I was doing mobile massage and now that I am fully in office. They offer an unbeatable product that creates my website, online booking, sells gift certificates online, tracks packages/memberships, client database, email and text reminders, online intake forms, sales reports, their online reviews engine has generated nearly 200 reviews for me effortlessly, etc. Can't imagine running my business without MB.

PROS

Software created specifically for MASSAGE THERAPISTS. Not a spa, gym, or appointment based business. It is an all in one platform. It provides tons features that you can't beat the price and simplicity of it all. I have shopped around and compared every option for a small massage therapy practice and this platform is by far the best deal for what you pay. It is pretty efficient and simplifies things for me. The live tech support is great. To get everything they offer I would have to use multiple platforms and pay more than double the price. The intake forms are missing in most of the competitors platforms which is a huge issue for me. I use MB for 90% of my business plus Quickbooks for accounting.

CONS

When there is a bug in the software, it takes a long time for them to fix it. They will try to fix it fast and provide work arounds but they aren't a huge company so it takes them a while to release updates to fix things. The caveat to this is I haven't ran into a bug that really effected my day to day work enough to make me switch software companies. I have been happy enough with the software to patiently wait for them to get the bug worked out. However, it can be frustrating when it takes a while for them to fix things. If they could speed up the releases and bug fixes that would make the software truly remarkable.

Reason for choosing MassageBook

As previously stated, the combination of features is unbeatable. No other software offers so many features for this price point especially with the AMTA discount for members. Each one I looked at was missing something that MassageBook offered or it was an add on for more money. Or they offered it in an inefficient manner. For example with Acuity you can have them fill out an intake form online at the time of scheduling but if they don't book online then you can't email them a link to fill out the form so that forces them to book online. With Massagebook, I can email them the form if they book by phone or by texting me. Other softwares nickel and dime you for these features. These people understand LMT's and what we need and they created a software just for us. There's no platform like it.

AJ

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Absolutely worth it

Feels like a mom and pop business with its friendly, know-it-all support team crossed with a multi-national corporate super power with state-of-the-art software tech. Let’s just hope they don’t turn into one! I think you’ll be pleased you chose massage book. Also, they are very good at communicating changes and being transparent.

PROS

Always improving the software. It feels like someone really really cares about the details and has extensive knowledge about the industry. Super intuitive. Excellent and organized note taking. And their customer support is hands down the best for any company I’ve dealt with.

CONS

Some software limitations early on when I started using them years ago, but they are on it, always! And today, there’s nothing to really complain about.

Mamapalo

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Years In, still here.

1st year was free to use. That has inspired loyalty. I wish it were cleaner, and easier to use for clients. (They HATE having to set up an account).

PROS

Ability to schedule multiple locations. This is why I've been using this service for this long. Discounts available per each location. Customer service is top tier. They either pick up or call. They definitely respond to emails.

CONS

The app was finally updated, however it's still lacking some functionality with the desktop version. Reviews accrued over time belong to Massagebook. Doesn't integrate with Google Calendar

Reason for choosing MassageBook

Ease of using multiple locations. Cost of service very reasonable.

Kevin

Reviewed March 2024

Massage Book has enabled my business to grow and succeed.

Great! Good customer service, easy to use, and good note-keeping.

PROS

Easy to use, and customers like the series and membership discounts.

CONS

The phone app can be tricky to book. Sometimes I use the computer instead.

Deb

Reviewed March 2024

Best choice for practice management scheduling and notes!

It’s been so easy to concentrate on building my practice and treating my clients because MassageBook makes the rest easy!

PROS

The fact that it is capable of doing everything I need to operate my business with minimal effort on admin duties

CONS

The fact that I can’t group family members together and collect/ split payments across family members.

Melanie

MassageBook keeps me organized

Good. I feel like a real business owner.

PROS

All pertinent data in one place Helps me keep track of clients new vs. returning Helps me track my money Once set up, it is easy to use.

CONS

I'm not a computer wizard, so it took me a bit of time to set up. Now that it is set up, it is quite easy to use.

Reason for choosing MassageBook

I used to try to manage all this from my phone. Terrible choice. MassageBook has made my life easier.

Ramona

Reviewed January 2024

Overall Good Booking System

PROS

It was easy to set up, and its easy to use. I really like how helpful customer service is.

CONS

Customers cant select multiple serives for one appointment. The Square card readers do not work with Massage Book from your laptop. I had to purchase two subscriptions because I have two office locations.

Thank you for the review, Ramona! We're glad that you've been pleased with the customer service and with the product. If Square releases the ability to integrate the readers with a desktop site for their third-party integration partners, we will definitely explore it! But, at this time we have to work within the development constraints that we are given there. I do apologize for any confusion or frustration. Have an amazing day!

Replied January 2024

Lisa

Reviewed April 2024

Great software for Massage Therapists

Very user friendly and great marketing tool.

PROS

All digital format for scheduling, intake forms and SOAP notes.

CONS

That is can’t integrate with my Apple phone calendar.

Heather

Reviewed July 2021

Didn't know what I was missing

Fantastic. When I have a problem (usually because I don't understand something, not because there's an actual flaw in their functionality), they are available immediately and always get me on my way. Pleasant, knowledgable and very helpful .

PROS

I was using another program which helped clients make appointments and sent out reminders. MassageBook does that and SO MUCH MORE. Most important is their SEO/marketing functionality. I have new clients coming in all the time who say they found me on Google. That never happened before.

CONS

I don't use MassageBook for my accounting, but if I did, I would take issue with the way they track running sales for the month. They seem to add all the categories together, whereas in reality there's a lot of overlap. It's not uncommon for this metric to read that I've made $6,000+ in a month. I've never made near that. It's misleading.

Reason for choosing MassageBook

I don't recall why, but I did research carefully and chose MB based on what I saw.

Reasons for switching to MassageBook

Genbook cost so much more, and didn't have half the functionality. I mentioned the SEO and marketing, but also the HIPAA-compliant SOAP notes, reminder emails, gift cert sales and tracking, etc. I can't believe I waited so long to switch.

Asha

Reviewed January 2022

I've tried several. MassageBook is the best!

I have had a truly great experience with MassageBook and the customer service team is just the best! My schedule has never been consistent since I'm a full-time college student so the monthly subscription fits perfectly with my budget. I don't feel like I'm throwing away money during the weeks when I don't have clients due to finals.

PROS

I appreciate how easy it is to integrate with other software I use for my business, like my website, my Google calendar, and all the links to my social media business pages. When you're an Independent Contractor with no employees, you wear many hats. I do my own marketing, bookkeeping, accounting, tax preparation, and soon I'll be writing my own blog and teaching. MassageBook makes my life much easier than it would be without it.

CONS

There was one feature I had with another software that I thought was invaluable to any business and it was a policies page. Clients could not book an appointment unless they signed off on the no-show or refund policy. The feature dramatically decreased the potential of booking with unreliable or irresponsible clients. There was never any confusion regarding expectations on both sides. I would much rather have this as a separate feature from the Intake Form because it was an opportunity to educate the client on why the policies exist.

Reason for choosing MassageBook

I chose MassageBook over the alternative product because of my experiences with the customer service department and the quality of the product. The customer service team is so phenomenal I feel as though I have my own team rather than always working alone. MassageBook clearly understands the life of a massage therapist and it shows. Massage therapy is not a profession that anyone becomes rich from by exclusively providing treatments with one-to-one services. Honestly, if I were to just put it simply, I feel valued and respected by this company and for that, I will remain loyal to MassageBook.

Reasons for switching to MassageBook

It was too expensive. There are only so many massages a therapist can physically do in a week. Mindbody was more for a business with a staff rather than an Independent Contractor. I was paying for features that I could and would never use.

Julie

Alternative Medicine, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2023

Best software for Massage Therapist

As a massage therapist, most of the day my phone is inaccessible, so I rely on online booking. It is very important for the software to be easy to use for clients. The new mobile app is a great improvement. I couldn't be happier.

PROS

I have run my business with this software since the beginning. Over the years they have upgraded and improved it. They take their time with the upgrades so there aren't many issues when implementing them. Customer service is exceptional. My clients love online booking and never complain about problems.

CONS

There is nothing I don't like about this software.

Reason for choosing MassageBook

No other software came close to the features in MassageBook. I can literally run my entire business in one place.

Thank you, Julie We're delighted to hear that MassageBook has been so helpful and that you're finding the new mobile app to be a big improvement! We're excited to build out the new mobile app with even more helpful and time saving features...

Replied March 2023

Jim

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

MassageBook has been a game changer

Outstanding customer service, a great value for the money, this is by for the easiest booking system I have ever used.

PROS

I love that I can use the massage book booking system on my own website. Customers love it because they can book their own appointments online and even make changes. I can block out times easily If necessary. I love the automated features, definitely saves me time and headaches.

CONS

Whenever I've had a bug come up massage book has been there to help and they continually tweak and improve their system. I have no complaints.

Reason for choosing MassageBook

It's a great system made by and staffed by massage therapist.

Reasons for switching to MassageBook

I had used massage book before at another location and I knew how well it worked and they gave much better personal support so when the opportunity to have another office arose I chose MassageBook.

Thank you very much for your kind review, Jim! It means more to us than you know to hear that our hard work is helping folks like you be successful opening and running massage practices. Congrats on opening the additional office!

Replied February 2023