Browse WindoPath Reviews

Jeremy from Amarillo Pathology Group and Physicians Preferred Laboratory

Psyche WindowPath

Pros

Functionality and automatic reporting at our disposal. Specimen tracking is a must and WindowPath delivers an excellent product for internal personnel to find and retrieve any specimen needed.

Cons

I would recommend this product to any anatomic or clinical lab company. Psyche is a great company to work with!

Claire from Fyr Diagnostics

Industry: Biotechnology

Reference lab LIS

We designed our workflow and implemented Psyche in a matter of weeks. Everyone we worked with was responsive and resilient during a busy season, and as a team effort we were able to adapt the system to meet our immediate needs. A big plus is knowing some of the upcoming features that will be available in the coming months - Psyche is still growing and improving!

Pros

The sales team at Psyche is an absolute dream team - they were super responsive, communicative, and adapted to our many needs. The software has a surprising number of features and can be adapted by anyone (adapted very quickly if you have the slightest technical experience).

Cons

Some design aspects of the software work slower than we would like, especially relative to the speed that we've accomplished in the rest of our workflow.

Reasons for Choosing WindoPath

Features that fit our workflow needs, pricing, and the implementation timeline.

Mark from Blount Memorial Hospital

Cloud Driven Pathology Software EMR

We needed an EMR for a pathology division and had used Psyche for almost two decades so were sold on their upgrade options to continue the partnership

Pros

Continued the same environment as previous versions

Cons

Became a much slower product as it grew larger Cloud environment behind firewalls is very slow compared to direct server system Aside from a few team members of support with vast knowledge about the product, the main go-to person for the majority of the upgrade was lacking in knowledge and competency

Reasons for Choosing WindoPath

Sold on same environment with more options now available and cloud option for storage

Laurie from Bako Pathology Services

Microbiology Manager

Pros

Easy to navigate. Fairly easy to build new tests. It has quite a bit of flexibility. I currently use Micropath for routine clinical microbiology, but I was able to build PCR panels for our molecular laboratory. As microbiology changes, I am able to customize Micropath according to CLSI changes, organism nomenclature changes and I have been able to interface Micropath to accessory equipment without the help of middleware. In addition, Micropath is easily interfaced with traditional middleware to susceptibility instruments. The mapping is quite simple and their technical support is responsive. I have been able to build custom reports that help with IQCP. The reports I use also allow me monitor the all aspects of the workflow in the lab. Audit trails are easy to review and they keep the accountable. Antibiograms are easy to build. The antibiogram are customizable as well.

Cons

Occasionally Micropath is "slow". No one is able to identify why. Occasionally tech support is slow to get back to you. Our initial training on the system was minimal to say the least, as a result we more or less were self taught. Some customization is "free" other customizations can have a small but significant fee associated with them, you just never know.

Marissa from Auburn Community Hospital

Outstanding, Reliable Product

Psyche systems has been attentive to our needs. The customer service we receive has been great. The product has been reliable and consistent over my 10 years using it. It is a great product.

Pros

This software is easy to use, customizable, reliable and has been consistent. I have been using this product for 10 years and have never had an issue that wasn't resolved immediately and to my satisfaction.

Cons

The only potential difficulty I may find down the road is that I am using a query that is no longer supported because a new product is available. I am continuing to use the old version because it still works and meets our needs at this time. I have no doubt that Psyche will provide support on the new platform if and when I need to use it.

Sujata from CNU CHS Biology Laboratory Division

Industry: Biotechnology

MicroPath E.ternity

The major benefits of this are when there are a set amount of samples, but a large number of people, then the progress can be kept track of while also keeping scheduling more flexible.

Pros

This software makes it much, much easier to coordinate multiple lab technicians and students when performing cultures. With how finicky it can be to keep certain cells alive, or to monitor bacterial growth and antibiotic resistance closely to find changes, it helps to coordinate all changes and organization. Before this software, keeping tabs on changes was heavily-dependant on the same person either doing the particular culture themselves or being updated while in the lab with someone else. This makes it possible for multiple people to coordinate their samples, so that scheduling can be simplified and uality is still consistent for reporting findings.

Cons

The label-making function was a bit hard to learn, and for a while, it all fell onto one person to coordinate the initial labeling of the inventory. It is tedious to set-up for the projects that are already started, however, if the amount of people is large in a lab, then it can be made easier to update the projects.

Great overall System!

Pros

Overall very user friendly. Once the product is setup correctly, it flows very well from finding history to faxing reports. Customer service was great with helping us figure out the initial fixes after our upgrade.

Cons

The only con I found was my prep work for the new upgrade didn't flow to the new system as I would of hoped. We are also finding some back doors in the system. For example, one user may not be allowed the privilege to add a physician, however while they are accessioning a case there is a tab to change the submitter through the entire system not just that case.

Stefanie from UAHSF

Quality LIM on a budget

Pros

This software is user friendly. It was designed by people who understand the flow of work in a laboratory therefore, the system is intuitive. The range of customization allows for easy adjustments for your specific needs. When looking for a system I needed something for molecular use. This software allowed us to be able to use it for our molecular needs without having to build it from scratch. The developers look at the bugs in the system often and usually address them in future updates. Technical support is helpful and prompt in response times.

Cons

I do not currently have any cons with the system. Most of the issues that I encountered were resolved through updates.

Tim from First Urology

Psyche works

Great support and implementation. Working with our EHR vendor to setup connectors.

Pros

I like that the hosted platform keeps us from having to host the system so our doctors can work remotely and we know it is secure.

Cons

The locking of users if they log out incorrectly. a real hassle to have someone kick them out especially if that person is not available

Linda from DAy Kimball Hospital

Nice system

Psyche was has been a good partner for us, helping to streamline our pratices

Pros

Ease of implementation and use, histories are extremely simple to access.

Cons

In our setting name changes have to be handled carefully.

Heather from UMPC Pinnacle

WindoPath great AP LIS

Psyche system has met our AP LIS needs with WindoPath.

Pros

The WindoPath software has great ease of use and the ability to customize the system to our organization's needs. Psyche systems has been excellent to work with on projects, from special customization and regular system updates.

Cons

In year's past it seemed the software was not robust enough for an organization as large as ours but in the last few years that has improved. There is functionality such as the QA program that could be improved to make it easier to keep CAP required statistics.

Kathy from Galesburg Cottage Hospital

Opinions from a Psyche user since 1999.

The Psyche staff employees have always been helpful and courteous when dealing with them whether it is by e-mail or telephone.

Pros

The ability to free text in all fields pertaining to cytology and surgical reports. The system is easy to use and reports are as simple or complex as the customer desires.

Cons

Hyphenated names do not cross over from the hospital LIS demographics information to Psyche's demographics field.

Kathleen from JFK Medical Center

Psyche evaluation

when ever you need something special setup the People work until it is exactly what you need. there is no saying they can't do something. They make the system work for you not you working for the system. the level of service on and off hours can not be compared. you always have access to a technician no matter what hour you need help.

Pros

Ease of use. Recording of critical result. Ease of report access.

Cons

Poor QC package. recycling the ID poses a problem.

Lakshminiranjan from Northwest Physicians Laboratories

Lab Director

Psyche systems is a unique information system, facilitates the processing of pathology cases.

Pros

I like and easy to understanding the database parts medical records, fields, queries, results, final result report template etc.

Cons

The archives is my least about this software.

theresa from ACH

Easy application

Pros

Accessioning the cases are so easy. Definitely user friendly!

Cons

Not supporting Brio any longer. Sometimes sources that I have retired will pop back up in my library.

Brenda from Genetics Associates, Inc

Cytogenetics

Pros

The capability of creating various report formats per our client's request and the report manager.

Cons

It takes too many clicks to obtain the result I am looking for.

Dina from Aspira IVD

Industry: Research

First time user

Pros

Very flexible to meet our laboratory needs.

Cons

Instruction manual doesn't always have the answer, so I need to call customer service most of the time for questions.

Elaine from Washington Gastroenterology

WindoPath

Quick responses

Pros

User friendly. All employees have pick this up easily.

Cons

We do not have the latest update so I feel as though it is unfair to place judgement

Maria from Path Lab

Psyche Systems Review

Very good

Pros

Easy to create reports and templates for different facilities and specimens.

Cons

It is difficult to create lists based on custom needs.

Justina from PathMD Labs

Psyche Requested Review

Pros

The ability to assist our clients to get reports refaxed.

Cons

the system in my opinion could be much more user friendly it is very cumbersome.

Erin from Contra Costa Pathology Associates

To Windopath or Not to Windopath

I overall enjoy working with Psyche systems with the Windopath product. I have been using the system for 5 years and feel I have gained a lot of knowledge but feel there is so much more to learn about it. There are so many ways to pull information but feel it can be very time consuming.

Pros

I enjoy working with the technical support team. We have issues with the software from time to time and they are helpful, not as quickly as some would hope but once they are engaged they take the time to give the support needed.

Cons

I feel the software is a little outdated and difficult to pull information from at times.

Jim from Southern Pathology Services

Long time user

Pros

The software is easy to use once it's setup and configured.

Cons

The report setup is cumber-sum but aside from that I don't know of any other con.

Called for help and got some guidance

I have been using the software since February 4th as a sysadmin support a pathology lab and I've grown to see it's broad functionality.

Pros

It's very straightforward and it is customizable. I'm learning a lot about accessioning and how the company works.

Cons

The version we have seems.... slow. I really think it's the OS we are running it on and not the software. We are running Windows Server 2008 R2.

Honest Review

Pros

What I like about this software are the colors, the simplicity to find a case and the whole dated look.

Cons

What I don't like about the software is how old it is, how slow it gets after 12 pm every day, have to change the password frequently, and just the overall function of the software.

I have used Windopath for grossing in pathology labs

Pros

Windopath can be used in connection with Dragon for dictations. It is relatively easy to navigate and find information.

Cons

It would be nice if specimen lists would auto refresh. Also adding an image to a patient file is tedious. Dragon is also very sensitive and sometimes switches unexpectedly between patient files.

Xianfu from OUHSC

Psyche lims system

sample login and reagent management

Pros

it has a mention function. it let user fast finding what you have to do

Cons

not easy to remanded it after you make a mistake or typo

Nathaneal from Doctor's Pathology Services

WindoPath Review

Pros

Offers some convenient utilities and nice shortcuts.

Cons

Incredibly dated, hard to learn and navigate, multiple errors, difficult to sync up with more modern programs and software.

Cheryl from Wyoming County Hospital

There's better out there..

Pros

The screens were fairly easy to navigate once you get used to them.

Cons

Overall, this software was hard to learn. The way it was set up didn't make much sense. Spend a bit more money and buy a better product.

Cyndi from CAP-Lab

Flexible AP system that works the way WE need it to work!

This LIS is constantly upgrading and changing to meet our needs. The software is flexible and easy to use. Best trainer ever Sally B! Easy for Pathologists to use as well as all other staff. Our wishes usually become reality with the next version which keeps us pretty happy customers!

Peter from GIC

Great support

I help support this but don't use it myself. had a great experience with a trainer that came out to show me more about their system which helps me more easily troubleshoot issues as well as assist in report template building