RAPID Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I love the price - it's much more affordable than other integrative chiropractic software I've seen."
  • icon"I am most impressed with the notes this program produces. The software provides ample input from the doctor to create a near-flawless note that will pass any audit."
  • icon"Accuracy of medical information, billing and collections. Awesome customer support and training."
  • icon"The only drawback that I have experienced is the inability to change the schedule time increments without having to launch a new scheduler. This is possible to do but not very convenient."
  • icon"Sometimes there are glitches which could be operstor error though."
  • icon"The things I have problems with about this product are, basically, problems I would have with any computerized system."

Have you used RAPID and would like to share your experience with others?

All RAPID Reviews

mark

May 2016

The most customizable system available.

Pros

I have been a chiropractor for over 30 years and in the middle of my career I spent 10 years , full time, designing, installing and selling home theater audio-video equipment. Because of my experience in both fields, I believe I am unusually qualified to review this software. First of all the software is extremely well laid out with respect to setting it up. There are tutorials that are short, to the point and shows you everything you need to know to set it up. Phone support is necessary to me and Acom's support is quick and available when you need it. I am a diplomate of addiction and compulsive disorders and do a lot of other work like neuro-biofeedback, positive motivational therapy and the like. Acom is the ONLY company that is available that allows me to customize the program the way I need to use it..... and I checked out them all. Plus, the cost, after taking into consideration the initial layout and yearly subscription monies, is very affordable compared to the other competitive companies. The use is straight forward and quick. I can do most daily notes in just a few minutes. You can use an in house server, but I use my system on the cloud. That way there is no cost of maintenance or down time for hardware..... and I can use the system from anywhere I work. There is also no cost for other doctors and staff who use the system. Very good for multiple doctor/staff practices. I could go on and on, and there are a lot of questions many of you will have..... but I recommend you check out this system.

Cons

If your looking for free software or a cheap application, then this is not the software for you. But, that type of software will not let you customize it, and typically it will not offer clearinghouse compatibility and/or accommodate billing, scheduling and office notes all in one program. All in all this program is very well designed.

Joan

May 2013

I am a relative old-timer, in practice 32 years. I work part time and currently run a pretty low key, solo practice out of my home. I have no employees, and in a great week will see 60 patients. I've been using one computer program or another to run the business side of my practice since the dinosaur age (I bought my first computer in 1982 - a Digital Rainbow which loaded the operating system using two 5 1/4 inch floppy discs - and I wrote the first accounting programs myself). I finally bought an 'official' program and used it for years. In 2006 I realized that I needed to do something more than travel cards and buy a program to help me with my charting. I looked around, and chose BestNotes (which, by the way, is a great stand alone program for doing notes). Though the program was great, I tried to make my note a faithful reflection of what I did and talked about during the visit, couldn’t do that in a timely manner, and so was chronically behind in charting. It got to the point that the only patients who had more than a line or two of history in their charts were the ones who 'had' to have notes sent - personal injury, worker's comps - and those who had notes requested for one reason or the other (those requests sometimes took weeks to fulfill). This behavior finally caught up with me. I was unable to produce charts on three patients out of the 30 requested during an 'in-house' audit, and had to return lots of money. I decided that I had learned my lesson. I was going to do notes on every patient every time, using the system I already had in place. Within six months, I was so far behind I could not possibly catch up once again. I decided I needed a different system, one that integrated notes with practice management, so that I could not bill unless the note was finished. I also had to give up being perfect at notes, and realize that I was writing the note for the insurance company, not for the patient. It took me four or five months to test drive all of the different programs out there, and once I had, I chose ACOM/Rapid. I took a deep breath, put myself into debt, and bought both the practice management and charting systems in April 2011. I was told that it would take me several months to ‘go live’ but I knew better! I thought of myself as very computer savvy, had already programmed lots of language into my BestNotes system that I thought I could just transfer over, and was sure I didn't need as long as ACOM predicted to put the system in place. Turns out that they were right (and they usually are) - it did take what felt like a very long time to educate myself and get everything I needed into the system. Turns out it really is a process, and can't happen overnight. ACOM has the process part down pat - all I had to do was follow the plan. I didn't actually go live until August 1, 2011, and I can't say even that was glitch free, but what I can say is that I have never called tech support and had them unable to find/fix or teach me how to avoid whatever problem I encountered. I got real chummy with some of the techs - and every experience was positive. Lots of time has passed since then. I don't remember what version I started with, but I'm at v3.7.7 of the practice management, and v7.1 R3.0 of Rapid Documentation, and every time a new version comes out, the program is easier to use. I haven't actually changed my spots - I still get behind on notes - but I haven't billed for one service that doesn't have documentation to support it since August 1, 2011. I no longer live in fear of an audit and I find it amazingly satisfying to get a request for a chart and be able to fulfill the request the same day. I can do my notes, post the charges, send the insurance, print statements, and be done with it, all with these two integrated programs (and, no staff!).

Tracy

Venice Chiropractic Center and Integrated PT

Pros

The product is relatively easy to use and user friendly for the staff in all of the Basic day to day functions. Probably the best asset to the software is the tech support department. With out them and especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] we would be lost. We cannot state it strongly enough that she has been priceless. She has taught us so many valuable tools and has saved us so many times when we were frustrated and couldn't figure out a problem. She has a way of explaining things that make it easy to understand and she never acts bothered no matter what or how many things you throw at her. She is a great asset to your company! The rest of the support team has also been awesome whenever we get stuck with a tech problem and they have always resolved the issue.

Cons

We wish the software was better at accommodating more than 1 doctor and more than one facility. It would be far better if the 2 facilities could be autonomous but it has not worked that way. It is also difficult that in the appointment dashboard not all of the charges show as that would be a great resource to be able to print it as a day sheet. Some of the inexplainable quirks in the software that have not been able to be resolved can be frustrating. It would be really beneficial if there was a better "help" guide in the training module where you could click on what you are having trouble with or search by key words instead of having to scroll thru all of the guide topics and categories to find what you need help with and hope it answers the question.

Vicki

My Perception

What makes it exceptional is the support if an issue arises. I'm made to feel that no question is too dumb or insignificant. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the best. We love her.

Pros

Rapid Doc and PM are easy to use. Finding a patient or scheduling a patient is a breeze.

Cons

The print out of the receipt is a little hard to understand for a lot of our patients. Maybe less is more. There is no alert for when patients run out of visits, even though it's counting down in Authorizations.

Chiro QuickCharts

Reasons for switching to RAPID

DB to complicated and sluggish

Timothy

May 2013

I have a small, family type Chiropractic Office (manager and myself), and have just celebrated my 30th year in practice. As do all of you, I believe in giving every patient as much as I can. Some of my patients think that I am the best Chiropractor in the world, just as your patients think you are. However, being old school and nearly computer illiterate, my documentation did not show that. With EHR requirements, increased insurance demands, and reduced payments, it didn’t take a brain surgeon to see the train coming down the tracks, that was about to devastate my practice. Being frugal, I started shopping around for a program that would allow me to survive. I wanted to spend the least amount of money, but I didn’t want to be “pennywise and pound foolish”, and end up with an inferior system that wasn’t guaranteed to reach Meaningful Use, or wind up with a company that would not be in business next year. After much research and visiting the leading sites in detail, comparing the documentation and billing programs, I was left with an easy choice. Upon seeing the SOAP portion of ACOM Rapid Software, I recognized that this program would make me look like the Chiropractor I actually am. Notes did not looked "canned", but flowed and were very accurate. The tools provided by ACOM allow me to easily create reports and SOAP notes in record time, perform assessments, incorporate treatment plans, change diagnosis, export/import reports, monitor medications (now required), and even implement the new PQRS codes required by Medicare. Previously we were utilizing Chiro 8000 for billing and Auto Doc for SOAP and report writing, but the load became too heavy as the insurance company’s games of requesting documentation became greater. I lost a ton of sleep and became concerned that I would not be able to meet the demands, and survive as a Chiropractor. ACOM Rapid Software was installed in August 2013. As with any new software, implementation can be difficult, especially when dealing with older computer hardware, and considering we had to dovetail this new system while continuing to run our office with limited staff. ACOM was attentive to our needs, never left our side, and worked with us until we were fully up and running. With ACOM’s interacting and user friendly documentation and practice management modules and the ease of their training programs, we were able to attest for Meaningful Use in December. Best of all, we recently received our first incentive check from CMS (receiving much more than we expected). When all is said and done, even in my small office, the incentive money will have more than paid for this program in less than 2 years. As difficult as times continue to be, I feel totally at peace, and am so proud to be a Chiropractor, practicing to the highest standard and doing what I love best!

Glenn

October 2015

I couldn't be more please with this product and support

Pros

I have had this software for over 5 years. I couldn't be more pleased with the DOC software. It is extremely easy to use, is easily customized and has always been ahead of the game in regards to the continual changes and demands we all face. This software allowed me to easily satisfy "Meaningful Use" for Medicare reimbursement every year and was the first software to be approved. With all of the talk about ICD-10 I was getting quite nervous toward the end of September, but with the product support notices, free webinars and software changes the transition was much easier than anticipated. Have always been very satisfied with the software, technical support and customer support.

Cons

The things I have problems with about this product are, basically, problems I would have with any computerized system. After having used paper files for over 30 years, the transition was easier than I had anticipated. It takes a little more time to enter the patient information on a computer, but it is much more complete. It was easier to flip back through past notes with the paper system. With the "bird's eye view" I can see past notes (I cannot think of a better way a computerized system could do this than ACOM does), but it is just not as fast as paper.

Judy

September 2016

Excellent Billing Services & Biller!

Pros

I want to take this opportunity to express how much I, along with Dr. Hines, appreciates our biller, Fred Lamp. This young man is very knowledgeable about the software. We are impressed by his willingness to help both myself and our staff whenever the need arises. He is also very conscientious and motivated to do the best possible job for his clients. Both Dr. Hines and myself feel Fred has gone above and beyond as our biller. He is definitely an asset to ACOM Health and absolutely an asset to our Chiropractic office. Great job Fred, well done!!! I also want to say I like that the company is willing to develop individualized reports for their clients and are always working on enhancements to the software. Kudos also to IT support! Erika is always willing to walk me through developing personalized reports for our office. She is friendly and extremely helpful.

Cons

It would be beneficial if clients were able to contact them earlier than 8:am and later than 6:00pm. We begin our day at 7:00am and usually are not done until 6:00pm. Our office is extremely fast paced and the workload doesn't leave much free time for phone calls.

Kristin

ACOM Health RAPID Software Review

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is EXCELLENT and has extensive knowledge about the software. I have been a customer/user for 11 years and customer service has always been a weak point. However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an exception and always been able to solve our issues quickly and with accuracy. I will also comment that when I used the billing service, our biller [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was excellent.

Cons

Lots of extra unnecessary steps in both doc and pm. Not up to date; PQRS and medicare G-codes are irrelevant and causing denials. Initial tx date should be automatic and not manually have to be added.

Reasons for choosing RAPID

I must use RAPID as I have records for 4 doctors over 11 years and need access.

CHANTELLE

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the best

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]has been a great help with training

Pros

Once learned it is easy to use. My training with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]has been invaluable. The layout is simple and clear.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches which could be operstor error though.

ECLIPSE

Cortney

Billing Service

The Documentation software is good. It is expensive for what you get. And it takes more than 30 seconds a patient. But it is easy to learn, and it is quicker than most programs. The billing service, if you ever think you will go cash, do that instead of adding the billing service. Getting out of the billing part is too tedious!

Pros

I love my biller. Lashon usually goes above and beyond.

Cons

I have gone mostly cash practice, and no longer need help billing. So i quit the expensive service. They now want to train me to use the services I already have. They keep coming up with things to charge for "to make your life easier." I want more money. Not more services. Now that I am getting out of the billing service, My biller doesn't take our calls or emails.

Clayton

May 2013

I am a Chiropractic Physician with 30 years of experience with office software (some good, some not so good!). I had the opportunity to become associated with RAPID Documentation software in its developmental stage about 10 years ago. As my practice is restricted to trauma care and medico - legal cases, I was always looking for flexible, adaptive, and easy to use software as clear documentation is critical. I stopped searching when I began using RAPID. The beauty of the system is the easy flow structure that is completely customizable. RAPID works flawlessly with voice recognition software, which allows me to dictate directly into the note system whenever I need. The blend of point and click speed, useful for many daily encounter notes, with the ability to go to straight dictation for more complex and individual notes is wonderful. My practice is almost completely a referral practice. I am proud to say that even though my office only generates a handful of referrals from the office to attorneys every year, the three chiropractors at the office remain very busy every day from the patients referred to the office. It is my opinion that the quality of care we provide to the patient and the quality of documentation generated by RAPID, results in this one way referral practice. All the “marketing” in the world will not develop a consistent referral based practice if you do not provide a high quality product to back it up. Prior to using RAPID, I spent thousands of dollars a year on dictation transcription. I paid for the software in less than a year when I switched over. Slow turnaround time on documentation was also an issue that was solved by RAPID. The learning curve for the software was not painful, like many other programs, and was picked up quickly by the doctors and the staff. Consumer friendly support is a big plus with RAPID. The organization understands the importance of customer satisfaction. The technicians are well trained. About the only time I use the technicians, however, is to install the program on a new computer as the older ones have been replaced over the years I have used RAPID! I cannot imagine my practice without RAPID software. If you are looking for a great product, I would give RAPID my highest recommendation.

Jill

Rapid Review

We have been with Acom for over 10 years and there have been ups and downs. Honestly, the most positive experience for me is having [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as our customer service specialist. No matter what the issue, I know if I reach out she will always try to help me. For the most part, all of Rapid Support is very responsive but P[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has truly been a lifesaver more than once.

Pros

The product is user friendly - the ability to customize Rapid PM

Cons

Patient statements definitely need to be improved. Currently, the statement does not show the full amount of monies collect from the patient and it is confusing...we have had a lot of mad patients, to say the least. I have submitted a request for this update!

Don

May 2013

I went online with ACOM October 1, 2011. I had 2 weeks to download the software and train so I would be eligible for EHR in 2011. ACOM was the only company that was willing to accomplish this for me. Most other systems told me it would be at least one month just to train me. Michelle at ACOM stayed in contact with me all the way including after the installation to make sure I was happy. She answered any questions I had in timely fashion. I felt I was totally taken care of. I know that even now, if I had any problems I could still contact her and she would take care of me. You are not abandoned once you sign on. It took less than 2 hours to download the software into all of my computers. I have not needed any support in the use of my software, so I have to say the training was easy and complete. My only contact with the techs has been to update my software a couple of times. I was even given a coach to help me get through my EHR attestation. He was also a Chiropractor, so he was very familiar with how this program worked in a Chiropractic setting. Since being with ACOM, I have had requests for records from private insurances and Medicare regarding the care in relationship to billing. The bills for patient care has always been approved and paid for. I have sent many patient notes to attorneys and insurance companies on personal injury cases and I have been proud of my notes. A couple of times an insurance company has requested that I take discounts on my billed fees. I tell them that I feel my fees are justified and refer them back to my notes. They have always been approved and I have been paid with no reductions. Recently I have been hearing about the problems other chiropractors are having regarding being audited and not getting paid. Since having ACOM, I do not lose any sleep over it. I know my notes contain what Medicare requires, and if I needed to, I am willing to do battle with confidence.

Cory

Five star program! Highly recommend for growing or starting your Chiropractic office

Perfect for anyone just starting out, or for anyone looking to update their practice to a more compliant, accurate, all-inclusive system.

Pros

Ease of use. Accuracy of medical information, billing and collections. Awesome customer support and training.

Cons

As with any medical program, the only con I have was the price. However, after using the product, I can now say that the price was well worth the program. My staff, my doctors, my patients and myself are happy with how easy it was to learn and use.

Gharett

My Review

Meh.

Pros

I like the documentation side of the software.

Cons

The billing software is garbage. Any time you have more than one policy in a patients file the software will randomly choose to bill incorrect policies. I have tried and tried to rectify this with ACOM to no avail.

Reasons for choosing RAPID

I was sold on the EHR side of the software not realizing how bad the billing and report side was.

Dennis

June 2013

In our practice, we currently have four running departments. In order for all the departments to be synchronized, we need to effectively communicate with each other throughout the day. The RAPID system provides us with the opportunity to do just that without having to leave our stations and become congested. Within RAPID, you can make changes to a treatment plan, billing code, or procedure that will update itself within seconds. Nothing is left to chance or the patients' word of mouth. Using a paper (routing) system, many mistakes were made due to lack of communication. For example, it would take us significantly longer to look up each patient's history from his or her last appointment. Now, it happens with just a click of a button. We currently use the 7.2 version. It seems each update fixes the mistakes we were making, and has made it easier to actually fill pages without losing any time with a patient. After introducing RAPID to the staff, it only took about 1 month to use it efficiently. This office started using the system in 2011 with three attending doctors and a staff of nine people. Now, its hard to imagine using paper again. If we run into any problems, we call Michelle at ACOM who helps us within the day. We also provide suggestions and ACOM actually listens and makes changes they agree will help move faster. The quanitity of benefits are endless. The new systems allows us to document everything very quickly instead of having to write down all the information. I encourage every doctor to switch to this system because have seen/heard of other electronic systems that do not have nearly all the benefits that RAPID does. Also, I allow physicians to shadow and get a feel for the system.

Dayna