All RAPID Reviews

Robyn

Reviewed July 2020

BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!

How quickly a patient is seen, treated and scheduled for a future visit at every visit. Paperless!!!

PROS

Patients are able to use kiosk to sign in at the front desk and update their current condition.

CONS

That a patient cannot have 3 different types of accounts within their main acct. Insurance, Auto accident and Cash accts.

upgrade

Reasons for switching to RAPID

ACOM can do so much more for our office in very efficient ways.

Joan

Used free trial

Reviewed May 2013

I am a relative old-timer, in practice 32 years. I work part time and currently run a pretty low key, solo practice out of my home. I have no employees, and in a great week will see 60 patients. I've been using one computer program or another to run the business side of my practice since the dinosaur age (I bought my first computer in 1982 - a Digital Rainbow which loaded the operating system using two 5 1/4 inch floppy discs - and I wrote the first accounting programs myself). I finally bought an 'official' program and used it for years. In 2006 I realized that I needed to do something more than travel cards and buy a program to help me with my charting. I looked around, and chose BestNotes (which, by the way, is a great stand alone program for doing notes). Though the program was great, I tried to make my note a faithful reflection of what I did and talked about during the visit, couldn’t do that in a timely manner, and so was chronically behind in charting. It got to the point that the only patients who had more than a line or two of history in their charts were the ones who 'had' to have notes sent - personal injury, worker's comps - and those who had notes requested for one reason or the other (those requests sometimes took weeks to fulfill). This behavior finally caught up with me. I was unable to produce charts on three patients out of the 30 requested during an 'in-house' audit, and had to return lots of money. I decided that I had learned my lesson. I was going to do notes on every patient every time, using the system I already had in place. Within six months, I was so far behind I could not possibly catch up once again. I decided I needed a different system, one that integrated notes with practice management, so that I could not bill unless the note was finished. I also had to give up being perfect at notes, and realize that I was writing the note for the insurance company, not for the patient. It took me four or five months to test drive all of the different programs out there, and once I had, I chose ACOM/Rapid. I took a deep breath, put myself into debt, and bought both the practice management and charting systems in April 2011. I was told that it would take me several months to ‘go live’ but I knew better! I thought of myself as very computer savvy, had already programmed lots of language into my BestNotes system that I thought I could just transfer over, and was sure I didn't need as long as ACOM predicted to put the system in place. Turns out that they were right (and they usually are) - it did take what felt like a very long time to educate myself and get everything I needed into the system. Turns out it really is a process, and can't happen overnight. ACOM has the process part down pat - all I had to do was follow the plan. I didn't actually go live until August 1, 2011, and I can't say even that was glitch free, but what I can say is that I have never called tech support and had them unable to find/fix or teach me how to avoid whatever problem I encountered. I got real chummy with some of the techs - and every experience was positive. Lots of time has passed since then. I don't remember what version I started with, but I'm at v3.7.7 of the practice management, and v7.1 R3.0 of Rapid Documentation, and every time a new version comes out, the program is easier to use. I haven't actually changed my spots - I still get behind on notes - but I haven't billed for one service that doesn't have documentation to support it since August 1, 2011. I no longer live in fear of an audit and I find it amazingly satisfying to get a request for a chart and be able to fulfill the request the same day. I can do my notes, post the charges, send the insurance, print statements, and be done with it, all with these two integrated programs (and, no staff!).

Tracy

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Venice Chiropractic Center and Integrated PT

PROS

The product is relatively easy to use and user friendly for the staff in all of the Basic day to day functions. Probably the best asset to the software is the tech support department. With out them and especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] we would be lost. We cannot state it strongly enough that she has been priceless. She has taught us so many valuable tools and has saved us so many times when we were frustrated and couldn't figure out a problem. She has a way of explaining things that make it easy to understand and she never acts bothered no matter what or how many things you throw at her. She is a great asset to your company! The rest of the support team has also been awesome whenever we get stuck with a tech problem and they have always resolved the issue.

CONS

We wish the software was better at accommodating more than 1 doctor and more than one facility. It would be far better if the 2 facilities could be autonomous but it has not worked that way. It is also difficult that in the appointment dashboard not all of the charges show as that would be a great resource to be able to print it as a day sheet. Some of the inexplainable quirks in the software that have not been able to be resolved can be frustrating. It would be really beneficial if there was a better "help" guide in the training module where you could click on what you are having trouble with or search by key words instead of having to scroll thru all of the guide topics and categories to find what you need help with and hope it answers the question.

mark

Medical Practice

Reviewed May 2016

The most customizable system available.

PROS

I have been a chiropractor for over 30 years and in the middle of my career I spent 10 years , full time, designing, installing and selling home theater audio-video equipment. Because of my experience in both fields, I believe I am unusually qualified to review this software. First of all the software is extremely well laid out with respect to setting it up. There are tutorials that are short, to the point and shows you everything you need to know to set it up. Phone support is necessary to me and Acom's support is quick and available when you need it. I am a diplomate of addiction and compulsive disorders and do a lot of other work like neuro-biofeedback, positive motivational therapy and the like. Acom is the ONLY company that is available that allows me to customize the program the way I need to use it..... and I checked out them all. Plus, the cost, after taking into consideration the initial layout and yearly subscription monies, is very affordable compared to the other competitive companies. The use is straight forward and quick. I can do most daily notes in just a few minutes. You can use an in house server, but I use my system on the cloud. That way there is no cost of maintenance or down time for hardware..... and I can use the system from anywhere I work. There is also no cost for other doctors and staff who use the system. Very good for multiple doctor/staff practices. I could go on and on, and there are a lot of questions many of you will have..... but I recommend you check out this system.

CONS

If your looking for free software or a cheap application, then this is not the software for you. But, that type of software will not let you customize it, and typically it will not offer clearinghouse compatibility and/or accommodate billing, scheduling and office notes all in one program. All in all this program is very well designed.

Glenn

Medical Practice

Reviewed October 2015

I couldn't be more please with this product and support

PROS

I have had this software for over 5 years. I couldn't be more pleased with the DOC software. It is extremely easy to use, is easily customized and has always been ahead of the game in regards to the continual changes and demands we all face. This software allowed me to easily satisfy "Meaningful Use" for Medicare reimbursement every year and was the first software to be approved. With all of the talk about ICD-10 I was getting quite nervous toward the end of September, but with the product support notices, free webinars and software changes the transition was much easier than anticipated. Have always been very satisfied with the software, technical support and customer support.

CONS

The things I have problems with about this product are, basically, problems I would have with any computerized system. After having used paper files for over 30 years, the transition was easier than I had anticipated. It takes a little more time to enter the patient information on a computer, but it is much more complete. It was easier to flip back through past notes with the paper system. With the "bird's eye view" I can see past notes (I cannot think of a better way a computerized system could do this than ACOM does), but it is just not as fast as paper.

Judy

Medical Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2016

Excellent Billing Services & Biller!

PROS

I want to take this opportunity to express how much I, along with Dr. Hines, appreciates our biller, Fred Lamp. This young man is very knowledgeable about the software. We are impressed by his willingness to help both myself and our staff whenever the need arises. He is also very conscientious and motivated to do the best possible job for his clients. Both Dr. Hines and myself feel Fred has gone above and beyond as our biller. He is definitely an asset to ACOM Health and absolutely an asset to our Chiropractic office. Great job Fred, well done!!! I also want to say I like that the company is willing to develop individualized reports for their clients and are always working on enhancements to the software. Kudos also to IT support! Erika is always willing to walk me through developing personalized reports for our office. She is friendly and extremely helpful.

CONS

It would be beneficial if clients were able to contact them earlier than 8:am and later than 6:00pm. We begin our day at 7:00am and usually are not done until 6:00pm. Our office is extremely fast paced and the workload doesn't leave much free time for phone calls.

Kristin

ACOM Health RAPID Software Review

PROS

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is EXCELLENT and has extensive knowledge about the software. I have been a customer/user for 11 years and customer service has always been a weak point. However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an exception and always been able to solve our issues quickly and with accuracy. I will also comment that when I used the billing service, our biller [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was excellent.

CONS

Lots of extra unnecessary steps in both doc and pm. Not up to date; PQRS and medicare G-codes are irrelevant and causing denials. Initial tx date should be automatic and not manually have to be added.

Reason for choosing RAPID

I must use RAPID as I have records for 4 doctors over 11 years and need access.

CHANTELLE

Reviewed December 2019

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the best

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]has been a great help with training

PROS

Once learned it is easy to use. My training with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]has been invaluable. The layout is simple and clear.

CONS

Sometimes there are glitches which could be operstor error though.

Cortney

Reviewed March 2019

Billing Service

The Documentation software is good. It is expensive for what you get. And it takes more than 30 seconds a patient. But it is easy to learn, and it is quicker than most programs. The billing service, if you ever think you will go cash, do that instead of adding the billing service. Getting out of the billing part is too tedious!

PROS

I love my biller. Lashon usually goes above and beyond.

CONS

I have gone mostly cash practice, and no longer need help billing. So i quit the expensive service. They now want to train me to use the services I already have. They keep coming up with things to charge for "to make your life easier." I want more money. Not more services. Now that I am getting out of the billing service, My biller doesn't take our calls or emails.

Douglas

Reviewed September 2023

Acom

We are able to stay on top of our record keeping with minimal time

PROS

We are able to customize our software to fit out practice

CONS

Quarterly cost to keep the system up and running

EHR requirements

Harris

Used free trial

Reviewed May 2013

I am a chiropractor in practice for 27 years now. I saw that we needed to upgrade to EHR as eventually we would be penalized by medicare later on, and then probably other insurances as well. We looked around and found ACOM Health Rapid Software. Prior to this we used scantron sheets that were then scanned in and converted to text. After looking at a number of EHR softwares we decided to go with ACOM Health Rapid Software. We made the purchase around May of 2010, going for the documentation and the Practice Management softwares as they integrate well together, and were online by July 2010. Currently we are on Rapid Documentation Version 7.1 and ACOM HEALTH PM v 3.7.9. ACOM/Rapid provided a lot of training and support. There was a slight learning curve, but I find the EHR very intuitive and is completely customizable for how I practice. They helped in installation with the treatments and modalities we use, the diagnosis codes, all aspects. The staff and I became comfortable and efficient in using it in relatively a short time. We attested two times so far, getting checks for $18k and $14k. I have two more years of incentives I will be able to receive. ACOM helped make the attestation go smoothly; we had no issues. They also helped us get set up for Medicare with the new PART documentation. Any time we have an issue, they are there and take care of it in a timely manner. Upgrades have been consistent and smooth. I feel I have benefited from the software in that it helps me to better document what is going on, what we are doing, and why. I have less issues with carriers as my notes are more complete and not canned copies of one another. With that, we are paid by third parties more regularly and consistently as our notes document what is going on and the need for care. The software also allows for improved narrative reports as well as the ability to get out a daily note immediately to a primary provider, if we need help with a referral for diagnostics on HMO's and other managed care plans. EHR will be a way of life, and I felt that, with the government incentive money out there, it was ridiculous not to start right away. It literally paid for my system and more. ACOM made it painless and eveything went smoothly. There is a learning curve, but it really is relatively intuitive to use.

kristian

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Well worth the investment

The world does not contain enough positive words to verbally construct my positive experience with this company. Yes the software is excellent but the people in this company are amazing. I am a firm believer that the attitude and the quality of your employees is a direct reflection of the company itself and the people that I have worked with over the years have always been among the best I have ever worked with and with consistency.

PROS

This software is easy to use for all staff of any computer skill level. This ease of use does not diminish the power and possibility of the software.

CONS

The only drawback that I have experienced is the inability to change the schedule time increments without having to launch a new scheduler. This is possible to do but not very convenient.

Dawnelle

Reviewed November 2021

Customer Service

Since I started working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], its been great! Until that point, I would not have recommended anyone to Acom

PROS

I enjoy working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] regarding issues with our software. She is amazing, patient and so knowledgeable. I am only sorry that I did not find her sooner. As we had many issues with the customer support line from the start of our use in 2010. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is easy to talk to and understands what our company needs.

CONS

We do alot of care plans and scheduling a repeat appt. is not easy. nor is making changes to them, or cancelling all of the treatment plan.

Adele

Support

We love [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! She is the one person I call if I'm having any issues. She is the reason we still use the software. She is such an asset!

PROS

Once you're trained by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ( she's the best), the software is pretty easy to use. I do like the feature of our insurance billing is brought right over and all ready to be posted.

CONS

The cost. We are a small office of 2 employees and it is expensive.

Reasons for switching to RAPID

We were at a seminar and we were introduced to the product and we liked that they so much to offer.

Jeanie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2021

Very helpful

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always responds quickly and helps me solve my problems.

PROS

Very user friendly, tech support always helpful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me solve some issues I had very fast and easy.

CONS

I had initially bought ACOM because they had an office in Jacksonville, Florida, where my practice is located. I liked taking my staff there for training. Was sad when they closed it down.

Reason for choosing RAPID

Wanted to keep everything in house.

mark

Reviewed June 2017

Fantastic support, very compliant when billing insurances

better compliance with Medicare and other private insurance groups

PROS

It's compliant with Medicare rules/updates and is very detailed when taking doctor notes. The excellent job the software does with documentation allows any doctor to feel confident in their patient management. Also very good with managing each patients account for billing.

CONS

You can make quarterly payments but they charge you an 'administrative fee' of 1%.

Melissa

Customer Service and Software Ease

The accuracy of statements and billing.

PROS

Rapid is so easy to use for our busy chiropractic office. It makes filing claims, scheduling patients, printing statements, and running reports easy for all of my employees. I LOVE that EVERYTIME I have a question or issue I know [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will help me resolve the issue quickly! I think she is such a great benefit to y'all and for me. :)

CONS

I do not feel like there are any features right off the top of my head that need improvement.

Teresa