About AdvancedMD EHR

AdvancedMD is a unified suite of software solutions designed for mental health, physical therapy and medical healthcare organizations and independent physician practices. Features include practice management, electronic health records, medical billing, patient engagement tools, telemedicine functionality, patient charts, reputation management, financial analytics and business intelligence reporting that all work together to automate medical practice workflows.

Integrated workflows automates the patient journey and improves the patient experience, starting with self-scheduling onsite or telemedicine appointments. Reminders can be sent to via text or email to notify of patient appointments . Using automated functionality, insurance eligibility verificati...

Supported Operating System(s):

Windows 7, Windows XP, Mac OS, Web browser (OS agnostic), Windows 8, Windows 10

403 Reviews of AdvancedMD EHR

Average User Ratings

Overall

3.67 / 5 stars

Ratings Snapshot

Likelihood to Recommend

Not likely

Very likely

Showing 1 - 5 of 403 results

AdvancedMD is an integral software in our practice

Pros

The best feature for me personally is the ability to work on my iPhone and iPad. I am extremely busy and not always able to sit at my desktop to work so this feature is crucial for me.

Cons

It was a bit difficult to learn how to customize templates the way I prefer but once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy to work with.

David from Northwest Neurological, PLLC

My review

Very good

Pros

That it can be customized -- to a point -- to my practice.

Cons

Many things can not be added or changed unless done through the company -- and if it is not on their list of changes it may never happen. It is also not as intuitive to use as one would hope.

Cost.

Reasons for Switching to AdvancedMD EHR

NextGen was extremely expensive and required FTEs just to run it. It was gangly and eventually was costing us more than it was helping us.

Christine from Looking Forward Psychiatry

Industry: Mental Health Care

So many clicks ... why are there so many steps?

We often feel mislead or duped thinking back on the sales pitch. Everything is 18 clicks- EVERYTHING. Nothing is a one click done, its multiple windows with multiple clicks. Every feature is hidden in a menu in a pop up menu in 5 different screens that after 6 months I still dont know where to find the cool features I was sold on. The absolute worst part is everything is a pop up window. Forget about it on a mac. Nothing is easy with this program. We have wanted to back out and go to a different EHR 100 times since starting the process. We have lost so much money in claims, payroll hours of staff trying to figure out WHY -- WHY WOULD THIS GO HERE? Nothing is easy in this system. I knew something was wrong abut a month ago when money stopped flowing and I just figured it out. Our tax id is incorrect --- HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? How could this slip through the cracks. Its so hard to be mad because all of the support is so kind and caring and they do their best. Its not their fault this system needs an update or an overhaul. The support staff is the only reason we have stayed so long. They deserve a raise. We pay over $400 a month for this system for 1 provider who prescribes. I feel like its too late now to switch again.I also feel like we are past the "I hate new things" part and this is really the flaws of the system. I came on THIS WEBSITE and it kept saying "easy to use". This is not easy to use in any respect.

Pros

I like the customer support (after extremely long hold times) the most. All employees are local, caring and knowledgeable. The implementation staff that we were assigned to were awesome.

Cons

All of it. Pop up windows, everything is a pop up. There is no spell check when providers are writing notes. You have to refresh the window to see the changes you made. The system has a DOS feel. Very clunky.

Reasons for Choosing AdvancedMD EHR

The reviews on this website.

Reasons for Switching to AdvancedMD EHR

To get an all in one system.

A Decent All-Around Documentation Tool

Overall, it worked fairly well for what we needed from it, and was more user-friendly than a couple programs I used in the past (whose names I can't recall). On the other hand, software bugs were common, and were harmful to productivity. Customer support was relatively helpful when needed.

Pros

Every employee can use the same program, including both medical and counseling personnel. This integration means everyone can reference notes as needed from both sides. The note templates (text fields, drop-down lists, tabs) can also be changed by administrators as needed and as preferred, so if, say, a counseling assessment is found to likely benefit from new questions, those can be added as new text fields.

Cons

In constant daily use, bugs were common. Sometimes AdvancedMD wouldn't play nicely with Chrome, and the cache and cookies had to be reset. Other times, a note that may have been started while online wouldn't be savable if the internet went off then back on. The settings and personalization for users could be difficult to find, understand, or to make certain organizing oe aesthetic changes that would helpful.

Kelly from Access Solutions Medical Group

Great software

Love it!

Pros

AdvancedMD is very user friendly with all the bells and whistles.

Cons

No big cons come to mind. Apparently, I can not complete the survey without adding more characters to this box.

Reasons for Choosing AdvancedMD EHR

Price. AdvancedMD MD was better priced and had all the bells and whistles

Reasons for Switching to AdvancedMD EHR

Needed more functionality. This system started with all the bells and whistles and keeps on improving!!