• Pros

• "It is very easy to use, comfortable format, and fairly price compare to other EHR systems. The staffs love it due to simple format and use. "

• "Ease of use and intuitiveness of the system. Your engineers are remarkable. Each update went amazingly smoothly."

• "The cost and ease of use is definitely a plus. Ability to try before you buy is a major plus. Have always been able to get help through Angel support when needed."

• Cons

• "It uses some templates, but using a macro to insert common sentences is difficult. "

• "Reports are hard to read. Some of the features can use an upgrade.Easy to use but a little too simplistic in the look and format "

• "Not appropriate for a college health clinic, scheduler is limited, good price disappears when you start adding necessary features"

Browse Amazing Charts Reviews

David from Comnostics

Industry: Computer Hardware

Affordable, reliable, easy to use EHR

Experience is Amazing! No pun intended. It is affordable and runs great. I have installed it at two offices already.

Pros

Cost. Simplicity. Easy to train new employees on it. Ability to run it off of a local server. Chart flow is smooth.

Cons

Nothing Negative to say about the software. But the gaurdian angel support has lost its touch since being bought out. We don't need the support unless issue with licences occur,but the support lacks.

Reasons for Choosing Amazing Charts

Cost. Reliability. Local server based. Simplicity.

July 2016

Brian from Susan L Courtnage MD PC

July 2016

We've been happy with Amzaing Charts

Pros

This emr has a few very nice selling points. By far, the first is the price. We are a solo practice and I spent a year listening to emr presentations before settling on AC. That was in 2009. There were no emrs that could even come close to AC's cost and still provide the same features and support. I occasionally provide training at other offices in our area that have AC. All of my feedback in the last 5 years has been that these AC offices are able to just about anything those as those that forked out 10 or 20 times more for an emr. The Decision Support feature is fantastic. It is an editable tracking area that we use for all our HEIDIS, PCMH, and meaningful use needs. It was great to finally get rid of the huge ticker files for the yearly physicals, etc. Creating call lists for overdue screenings like colonoscopies and wellness visits can be done in minutes. Not only that, but they can be produced as an Excel spreadsheet instead of printed. AC also connects to an online fax service, Updox. Updox offers a basic patient portal and makes filing faxes easier. Incoming faxes can be sent directly to the patient's chart from the Updox program. It provides HIPPA compliant email, options to send documents to patients, and an option to allow patients to schedule their own appointments. The feature that sold us on this emr in the end is access to it's database. This topic doesn't often come up during emr sales pitches. I have heard several stories from other offices needing to switch emrs and finding out that their files wouldn't transfer or there would be some new fee to make it happen. We have been able to create custom lists with this access for anything that we couldn't do within the emr program itself.

Cons

The customer support typically responds within minutes if we contact them through online chat at their website. I have never been able to call and have their support phone answered though. They will often log into whichever computer is having a problem and fix it on the spot. It is probably best to have someone in the office that has some experience with computers. That isn't always a common employee skill which makes paying more for onsite support sound more comforting.

Deborah from Patient Centered Care, PLLC

13 year USER - Very Discouraged

I have been using Amazing Charts since 2007. User-friendly, easy to navigate and operate. Horrible customer service availability. If you have a problem with an upgrade - you are charged again for support training. Why is that not part of the support we pay for?

Pros

Fairly user friendly. Like the chart layout.

Cons

Cost has become an issue for a small practice. We pay (1) for the certificate, (2) for the customer service, (3) for patients portal, (4) for narcotics e- prescriptions. We pay annually per provider whether they work 1 day a month or 30 days a month, for service, support, and upgrades. Now they are tagging on taxes for these services. Nine times out of ten we can not reach support (worse since Pri-Med took over) and usually have to leave a message, it takes several days to receive a response and if the caller is not available, support leaves a message with no direct call back line and so when calling back, we start the process again. Customer support is slow and not adequate for people who do not have in house IT support. WHY should support be MANDATORY??? In messaging if you switch screens you lose what was typed why can't the message stay intact until you are finished sending. System frequently freezes when in a chart causing you to need to reboot.

Reasons for Choosing Amazing Charts

Ease of use. Cost at that time.

alisa from Phoenix Tech Gurus

Solid EHR

I am the system administrator for a mid-sized medical practice that uses this software. I was with the practice when it migrated to Amazing Charts -- around 10 years ago. I find that it generally functions well. It doesn't quickly integrate every possible new feature, but the features it has are solid. The practice keeps pushing to switch to a cloud-based EMR (and they did so for six months, then switched back) -- but onsite server EMRs are superior when the internet goes down or is slow.

Pros

It gets the job done, it is pretty easy for users to use, tech support is generally knowledgeable. It is easy to install. There is high-quality tech support available on the weekend for emergency issues (I have had to use this service a couple of times over the past decade.)

Cons

As the company has been bought out, the customer support is not as responsive as it used to be. It is nearly impossible to reach them via phone, and chat is only available first thing in the morning. However, they usually call back pretty quickly, and tech support always speaks and understands good English! I dislike that the billing portion of the software is only cloud-based, and that it uses Java. The built in back up program makes a once a day complete backup -- but it doesn't cull old backups, and periodically I have to access it and delete old backups manually to free up space. New server installations require a generated key, requiring a call to tech support, which can be very inconvenient if server hardware fails. (This happened to me.)

puthenmadam from bellevue pediatrics

Amazing in many ways

I pull up patient lists regularly and wean out patients that have not been coming to the practice. pulling reports. very user friendly. easy to train new employees. I have remote access.

Pros

I reviewed our options back in 2004 when we implemented the EMR at the time I had 3 practices and installed AC at all 3 locations. I am now down to 1 practice with 4 providers, still love it with all the changes in the environment ( meaningful use) and all the interfaces. Just wish it was easier to send letters from AC to patients. the schedule is versatile and user friendly, I once thought of switching for the convenience of my billing company and almost had a mutiny amongst the staff. I have used other ehr's at hospitals and other sites, nothing is as user friendly for pediatricians. The total cost is still reasonable and the reports are good.

Cons

needs to have some changes to make patient emailing better.

Reasons for Choosing Amazing Charts

ease of use, free trial, on site server.

Amazing Charts Review

Overall, a great product that I would recommend. EHRs are going to be expensive, no matter where you purchase it from. This is a solid product, solid investment.

Pros

Amazing Charts is very easy to use. It seems like a perfect transition for those who are still using paper records, to using electronic records. I have used it mostly to document patient visits and medical record review and it has consistently been very user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes, all of the information on one screen can be overwhelming. It helps to have 2 monitors to spread out the information.

August 2016

David from Hawaii family physicians

August 2016

Amazing charts reviewed. Longtime user.

Pros

Low-cost. Helped us achieve meaningful use payments.

Cons

Charge the same for part-time practitioners versus full-time. Most charge less for part time. Major software glitch several years ago which vendor refused to fix. We were able to get this problem corrected free of charge from computer experts working under a grant in the state of Hawaii. It took them about 100 hours to recapture the data which was lost.

Response from Marissa

Replied August 2016

Hi David, Thank you for the feedback! Although other EHR vendors might have different pricing for part-time clinicians, we’re happy to offer pricing that is much more affordable across the board. Additionally, we’re sorry to hear to about the issue you experienced several years ago. We want to assure you that we’ve since made significant improvements to our Quality Assurance processes and as a standard policy all priority defects are resolved in the next release. Finally, we’re happy to hear you successfully attested for Meaningful Use and think your recommendation to complete a fake patient visit prior to purchasing is a great one -- we agree and offer a free trial so clinicians can do this. Thanks again for the feedback and we appreciate your understanding as we strive to deliver excellent service and support to you!

Jacqueline from WellBeingMD

The steps required for messaging and forwarding charts is very un-amazing.

I learned that price is not the best way to pick an EMR

Pros

The best part of Amazing Charts is the name, and the little stick figure and its daily message when you are opening the program every morning.

Cons

When you are sending another team member a message on a patient, if for any reason you do not send it because you are interrupted, the entire message disappears and you have to restart it. Our office brought this up at the last convention here in Chicago, and nothing has been done to address or improve this feature, despite the numerous complaints from all the attendees of the conference.

Francis from Mobjack Medical Group

Terrible for MIPPS

Pros

very moldable and overall simple interface. Easy to add users. Prescription management overall is good though interactions and warnings based on heath problems that make a med contraindicated are pretty poor.

Cons

Customer support has significant eroded over the last year. MIPPS support is very poor. With the help of a government contractor, I still wasn't able to get the reporting submitted despite working on it for two months!!!

Kevin from Computers Plus Of Union

Not terrible on the IT guy

Pros

Updates were easy to install just time consuming. Runs on your local server, so that makes thing a little easier to manage. Doesn't require a massive amount of processing power, but you'll still want server grade equipment to host it.

Cons

The database tuner can take forever to run depending on how big the database is. Im talking hours. Java updates break the clients frequently.

maher from farahmedical

Loved it but became very pricy

I have been using AC for more than 3 years, It made my life beautiful. The problem is that any functionality you need to use (Like patient portal, electronic labs requests, e-prescriptions) is an additional cost to your subscription. I pay $$$$ for the certificate but I have to pay for the customer service another $$$$, now , for patients portal $110 per month , for narcotics e- prescriptions $$$ , for lab corp $$$, for Quest $$$ , lately they called me trying to sell me CCM (chronic care management) , usually we collect on average $$ per patient per month, AC wants to charge me $$ per patient per month. My nurse practitioner have to subscribe as a FULL user which double the price. As for online access, they charge $$ per user per month for our staff, so I have 2 front desk, 1 back desk, 1 MA , 1 manager , 1 Biller , 1 doctor and 1 ARNP , total users of 8 equal to $$$ per month THIS IS A RIP OFF I love it but I can't keep up with their greed. time to change

Pros

easy to use

Cons

very expensive

Response from Amazing Charts

Replied March 2017

Dr. Nana, we are sorry you feel that costs have increased, but the reality is that Amazing Charts is one the most affordable EHR solutions. We must correct a few inaccuracies. A few of the costs you describe are for extra functionality, which you chose to add. The Patient Portal required for MU is included; you are paying for a more robust portal from Updox. eRx is included; any costs for EPCS are paid to a third party. All EHR vendors charge fees for interfaces, and our costs are competitive. There is a one-time fee of $750 per interface (often covered by the lab), and annual maintenance of $150 per interface, with discounts for multiple interfaces, You paid $1,200 once for a lifetime license. You pay $1,195 annually for service, support, and upgrades. An NP is a level-one provider if they sign-off charts and prescribe. Dr. Nana, we encourage you to shop around and compare prices for everything you get today. Amazing Charts will be your most affordable choice.

Lane from TMS of Knoxville; Lane M. Cook, M.D.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Almost everything you need on one screen!

This my 3rd EMR and my favorite. With supervision of Nurse Practitioners in other locations I've seen other EHR's and this one is the best. The worst are the ones with nothing but clicks and drop-down menus or just being able to show one screen at a time (one I use limits the progress note to the whole screen, can't even see the med list). Support is good despite some criticism. I primarily use the online chat. It's rare that I can't get someone on chat who can walk me through it or take control of the PC and fix it. I use a local server and it's fine, can't afford to lose my EMR if the internet goes down. Cloud based is available.

Pros

Having all these on one screen in separate boxes is great: CC, HPI, ROS, PMH, SOC Hx, Meds, VS, PE/MSE, Dx, Plan and buttons to write Rx or order labs. E-prescribing easy, all pharmacies listed. Make your own templates easily from any screen. Very little clicking and radio buttons which is good if you can type, not so great if you type slowly (can use 3rd party dictation software). Fax, lab integration is good, being able to scan and import as docs, pdf is good.

Cons

NewCrops electronic prescribing of controlled substance is cumbersome due to Verizon but they are discontinuing at the end of February and the new vendor Exostar is supposed to be better and reduced clicks. Report generation and letter writer could be improved. Font sizing would be nice feature. Portal integrated with Updox is not particularly helpful or user-friendly and I don't even use it.

Alexis from Clinic Santa Lucia

I very simple

Amazing Charts is the top rated EHR according to multiple user satisfaction surveys and is affordable, easy to use, and FREE to try. Unlike most EHRs, Amazing Charts was designed by a physician, allowing you to document more with fewer clicks. Amazing Charts offers a fully integrated Practice Management solution and a wide range of value-adding services to help you increase your practices efficiency and revenue. Additionally, Amazing Charts is ICD-10 compliant and 2014 Meaningful Use certified.

Pros

We did a 30 day free trial period with Amazing Charts while searching for a new EMR system last year. Their EMR was more user friendly than the previous one we had been using (Practice Partner) but still required more clicking around in a patient's chart than what we were looking for. Overall, seemed very user friendly but we wanted an EMR with everything in the patient's chart accessible on one page which it did not seem to have.

Cons

very expensive Overall: I have been using AC for more than 3 years, It made my life beautiful. The problem is that any functionality you need to use (Like patient portal, electronic labs requests, e-prescriptions) is an additional cost to your subscription. I pay for the certificate but I have to pay for the customer service another, now , for patients portal per month , for narcotics e- prescriptions, for lab corp , for Quest, lately they called me trying to sell me CCM (chronic care management) , usually we collect on average per patient per month, AC wants to charge me $ per patient per month. My nurse practitioner have to subscribe as a FULL user which double the price. As for online access, they charge per user per month for our staff, so I have 2 front desk, 1 back desk, 1 MA , 1 manager , 1 Biller, 1 doctor and 1 ARNP , total users of 8 equal to $$$ per month THIS IS A RIP OFF I love it but I can't keep up with their greed. time to change

Tamara from Tamara Singleton MD inc

MANY good qualities! a few fixable challenges

I love the simplicity of use - there are more complicated things you CAN do but you don't have to I love that the templates are so easy to make and its time saving and has My own way I want to express things! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT WE DON"T HAVE TO CLICK AND CLICK AND CLICK! such a joy! I would just brag all the time and feel SO SMUG! the first time I called Guardian Angel support ( as a test during the trial period) I got a call 10 minutes later from a brilliantly intelligent retired nurse in her second career -she was FABULOUS and concise and instructive! I was SOLD! They had me! HOOK LINE AND SINKER! Hurray! REASonably priced- good for a tiny little solo practice person like me You could give suggestions that would help with upgrades- like if you made an error in a 2015 note and typed in the person weighed 865 lbs instead of 165 you could add a late and correctly dated correction attached to that note- You CAN"t do that now but you could make the suggestion and maybe if enough people thought so that could be part of a new upgrade! but.... Hard to reach business office! If you are short on funds + need to submit a different credit card or something- Its hard to reach anyone , guardian angels do not have the correct number but will give various wrong or disconnected numbers, after a few days trying you still don't succeed so your credit card gets charged anyway and after 3 times you get dropped from Amazing charts ( so twice now in about 9 years - seems a little harsh for someone trying to to arrange a payment- THIS could be easily fixed by having a phone #handy on the website that we can call- this is a problem SO easy to fix- if you go through various dropdowns you can find one that does not need a special password- I'm waiting for reply- would hate to loose A.C... but am looking around just in case Unfortunate change in culture of the support staff- usta be when you got them it was worthwhile- they would work with you and give various ideas and eventually the problem was solved- it was more fluid- you could suggest things like I would have suggested - why not have the Cloud reset after less time - so if you get knocked off for an inadvertent double sign on during the weekend- it would reset after maybe 4 hrs instead of 24 hrs- now they just say" No we won't do that." MAYBE they were bought in by a different company? outsourced the support staff to a different group? certainly a fixable problem!

Jeffrey from West Portland Neurology

After six years of use.

I recommend Amazing Charts highly. It does everything I asked it to and offered even more. It is well designed, using it is intuitive and the technical support has been superb. In fact, the best of any product or software I have ever used. I am a private practice neurologist who sees tertiary referrals with unusual conditions. Even with this atypical practice, with many fine details of history and examination, Amazing Charts was easy to adapt to my needs. It is also easy to use for my support staff.

Pros

Simplicity, ease of use and technical support.. I have used several hospital based EMR's which are all cumbersome and seem aimed away from patient care. Amazing charts allows me to focus on that, my profession.

Cons

I have no complaints at all. Any problems I had were easily sorted out, and quickly by support. I have used several hospital based EMR's which are all cumbersome and seem aimed away from patient care. Amazing charts allows me to focus on that, my profession.

December 2013

Robin from Community Supported Family Medicine LLC

December 2013

Pleasantly surprised that an EMR actually DID make my life easier

I am a family physician. I am young enough that I started learning on both paper charts and EMRs. During my rotations in school and residency, I got try out lots of different EMRs. There are nice things about them...you can read what you wrote, you can have templates for the times you repeat yourself, you can search for particular diagnoses or ages to make sure you're catching all the patient care opportunities...but by and large, they are clunky and inconvenient to use. Paper charts are quick...you jot a few notes during the appointment, sign it, and you're done. What I like most about Amazing Charts is that it holds onto that ease of the paper chart while allowing you the conveniences of an electronic record. Everything you need for most appointments is right there on one screen. So many EMRs require you to click through multiple windows before you actually get to what you need. With AC, I left click in a box to type in it or right click to pull up my templates. I can double click to open a larger window (useful for long past medical history lists). The chart itself has tabs along the top so I don't have to close what I'm doing and open a new window to view labs, I just click over to the correct tab, just like a paper chart...except that instead of flipping through an inch of pages to find the correct lab, there's a nice tidy clickable list. To do any number of things (enter a tickler, print a variety of documents, view the medication list) you just right click on the patient's name. To view the history of a particular medication, just right click again. My biggest complaint with AC is that it takes awhile to discover all these little conveniences. I don't even know half of what it does. Then I'll happen to click on something I hadn't clicked on before (or right click or double click) and I'll find myself in a whole new world of cool things it does. I've been using AC for a year now and was really happy with it from the start and continue to be glad I chose it. I am planning on continuing to use AC long term and have no major gripes with it.

Derek from EAST JEFFERSON MEDICAL CLINIC

The product is very user friendly for the most part

We have recommended this product to 6 other practices that all currently use. Each practice has its own customization and each practice prefers this over many other EMRs. Overall a good user friendly product

Pros

Easy to use, reasonably priced per provider, tech support knows how to fix a problem, you can add additional features that fit your practice (at a price), latest version is MIPS certified

Cons

MIPS system is somewhat complicated to use and sometimes requires retraining staff, upgrading to newest version no longer has free tech support, tech support takes about 24 hours to get back to you, the more you add to the system the more it costs, when using non cloud based version updates must be done on server and each work station individually

October 2014

John from Florida Internal Medicine

October 2014

Good EMR with rough edges

Pros

I have been using Amazing Charts since 2007. The best aspect of this EMR is that it closely follows the documentation process learned in medical training with minimal clicks to complete the note. The entire process can be displayed in a single window. There is a downloadable trial with free use for several weeks. There is excellent support by the vendor with one-on-one assistance by phone or online chat by US based techs. The pricing is very reasonable for both purchase and support that includes updates. The user board is run by the user community and open to prospective users for pre-purchase impressions about what users like and don't like, as well as a fast way to answer questions. Although there is a cloud version available, the software runs on standard office computers, the database stays in your office and can be networked peer to peer or domain, and most IT issues can be solved by a user with average software troubleshooting skills. It has a software wizard for implementing Meaningful Use.

Cons

New versions are often buggy for several revisions. There is no electronic billing module yet, although interfaces are available with other programs for extra cost. Some frustrating features of the software frequently discussed on the users board are slow to be addressed. New changes are introduced with little user input. The software training is entirely web-based.

Jane from Westwinds Family Medicine

Have used Amazing Charts for 7 years in my solo practice. Am now on the cloud which is a much easier format than office based server.

I dont use this for billing or scheduling , because I am in a collaborative group , sharing front desk services. This would make my experience much better. The product support is great, but on the east coast, I am on the west, so no evening support.

Pros

Simple, best for a small practice, just very intuitive. I like the referral module, the communication options. I tried another slick EMR and was dismayed to see that 'confidential ' PMI, is in a frame on the opening page, this allows all staff to see it. AC puts it behind a file tag. Also like the reminder feature,

Cons

I dont like the graphic format/ font is UGLY, needs an update. Would prefer an integrated fax, not UPDOX.

Adam from Twin City Family Medicine

Amazing Charts is pretty good..........NO IT'S AMAZING !!!

I've used every version of Amazing charts since version 3.1 (starting 2008). Aside from some usability issues with versions 7-8, my experience has been truly AMAZING ! Version 9 is the best yet! (to the guys n gals at A.C.): I hope your quest to keep up with constantly changing government regulations such as Meaningful Use and MACRA/MIPS doesn't get in the way of your wonderful product. Those government programs will ultimately fail... I would rather have a great product like AC v9 even if it doesn't meet government requirements, than to have a compliant program. Keep up the AMAZING WORK at AMAZING CHARTS. Your customer service staff and programing support staff are truly an AMAZING GROUP OF PEOPLE ! Sincerely, Adam Lauer DO, Brewer, ME

Pros

Ease of use. Intuitive style. Progress notes that i can actually see all the fields on ONE SCREEN unlike most other products that require tons of tabbing. Reports that print out just like the progress notes we learned in medical school (unlike the 5-7 page reports printed from those other over-priced clunky programs like Centricity). Great office messaging system. AFFORDABLE PRICE TAG ! SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT....you can actually get live people on the telephone !

Cons

Sorry I'm a loyal A.C. user since 2008. I don't have anything negative to say about the software or the company.

Ravishankar from Midwest Spine Surgeons

The Best EHR for Small Medical Practices

I installed Amazing Charts on one of the desktop computers over one weekend in 2007 and started using it on Monday without any need for training from anyone. The online tutorials are adequate for most if not all users. The EHR itself is very self-intuitive and easy to use. I recommend transitioning from your paper charts to fully EHR over 3 to 4 months. Best if used with voice recognition software, like Dragon Naturally Speaking Medical Edition. In terms of cost, convenience, ease of use, features and functionality and the best customer support, one cannot beat Amazing Charts. It is simply the best EHR for physicians who want to do what they like best, i.e. see and communicate with patients, and who don't want to spend their entire day being data entry professionals!

Pros

Ease of use, excellent customer service, polite and courteous customer service reps, looks and feels like a standard paper chart, simple user intuitive interface.

Cons

Meaningful use data compilation can be time consuming. Medication data entry could be improved.

George from Forrest City Family Practice Clinic

Overall good experience with a beginning EHR

We would still be using it if we had not been accepted to do CPC+ which required up to date reporting that AC didn't have right now.

Pros

It has been very easy to use for me and all my staff. The ability to get in and out of scheduling to clinical was very helpful. The easy ability to do the plan for the patient was also good to me.

Cons

Not being able to talk to someone when you need to, without leaving a message and waiting. For government reporting, so as good as I would like.

sameer from Adult Medical Services, PC

poor features and support

TRY AND KEEP UP WITH THE TIMES AND NEEDS OF busy PRACTITIONERS- our work is not a hobby, it is a business and you would be best served by interacting with us from that vantagepoint

Pros

easy to use and cheap. worked initially but has largely broken down in function with the advent of meaningful use etc

Cons

poor customization and lacking vital features. poor choice of partner companies ( NEWCROP RX). lacking real time customer support -

March 2016

valerie from anti-aging wellness center

Industry: Alternative Medicine

March 2016

Too slow by far

Pros

The customer service was great, especially wrt meaningful use attestation. The prescription function did work. Though, like everything with this system in our office, it was slow.

Cons

Possibly having to do with the size of the database, this was a very slow system. EMRs are rendered practically useless and more of a liability in clinical practice when they are slow.

Response from Amazing Charts

Replied April 2016

Hi Valerie, We’re sorry to hear you were experiencing slowness. Our latest version includes dozens of improvements, including much faster performance for things you do multiple times a day to help resolve this. We appreciate your feedback and have passed it along to our product manager.

Anna from Wofford College

Good software for a family practice

Probably a great product if we had a different kind of practice

Pros

Like the templates and letters, low cost as long as we keep the basic plan, practice management and meaningful use: we don't use them though

Chet from Express Care of Habersham

AC is the easiest and least expensive EMR I have used.

Pros

Cons

Cost continues to increase. Subscription based option would be better like many EMRs are doing now. Inability to track patient location.

Kerry from Open Water Medical Group

Death of a good emr company

Don't leave your credit card on file or they use it for purchases that you didn't request

Pros

Ease of use and ability to use out of the box are the best features. They remain as the best features

Cons

Sadly rather than improve the program the new owners have spent their development money on figuring out new ways to bleed owners for money features they were promised to have in the past. The current version doesn't meet the ability to meet MIPS without paying thousands of dollars in support and purchasing additional modules that should have been provided in updates. Support takes between three and five days to answer questions and the new billing department deactivates key features if you stop paying them their annual support fees. Support that used to be if you desired it is now mandatory and services are removed if you don't heed their demands for extortion. It remain cheap and affordable to start but now expect to be bled two or three times a year. Thuis used to be a great choice for small practices and now is sadly one that should be avoided

Heleen from Heleen Robins M.D. Inc.

Tech support especially by chat is patient professional and i swear can fix anything. Not that there has been much to fix

Also easy to teach staff how to billstraight to Office Ally.

Pros

Easy intuitive out of the box use and with slight effort customizable.Easyto teach staff how to use.

Cons

Hard to back up, in my office set up back up occasionally overflowed and had to be redone.probably easier ifyou get AC's own back up.

Tamara from Tamara Singleton MD ic

the Best of a problematic group of products

Have used amazing charts for ~ 5 years - it is the easiest most user friendly of the programs I have used

Pros

Simplicity less clicking- also you can use the simple basic format or get fancier if you want

Cons

as upgrades happen there is more and more clicking required

John from John Kaminski, MD

The best three and a half years of my record keeping and billing life.

Thank you Amazing Charts.

Pros

Cons

That I have to leave it in my retirement! Still helping others in nearby practices with Amazing Charts hone their skills.

HAI from JEFFERSON MEDICAL CLINIC

Love it but the slow connection/disconnect bug me

Pros

Cons

It takes for a while for loading at the beginning of the day. The slow loading and disconnecting bug me everyday.

Nicole from Platte Valley Medical Clinic

Practice Admin

Pros

It is simple to learn the basics. It works with dragon. One does not get lost in the chart because the simplicity.

Cons

I would like more features. We have major issues with the updating of the billing codes. The pages are not laid out in a manner that maximizes the space available. For instance the presciption writing page has huge blank gaps. I would prefer to see more of the med profile

Colleen from Hope Medical Clinic

Good Product - No Customer Service

The problem with this EMR is the lacking of customer service. They recently stopped the ability to chat. This means they are now never accessible. If you call do not expect to reach a live body. If you email it takes days for them to get back with you. If they update the product expect for downtime for at least a week or more. Great price, average product, poor customer service.

Pros

price

Cons

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE PRODUCT SUPPORT!

Response from Charlie

Replied May 2017

Dear Colleen – We’re sorry to hear you’ve had difficulty reaching our technical support group. Instant chat is still available for EHR support. Most our customers continue to use chat to reach us immediately. We only removed chats for our Practice Management support since their problem tend to require live interaction. PM clients continue to reach us via email and telephone. From our records, it appears your performance issues have been due to your practice’s IT system and have successfully been resolved. In mid-April, we performed an emergency database transfer to a new server when your practice’s server kept shutting down unexpectedly. Please contact us to resolve any other issues you are experiencing. The Team at Amazing Charts.

Douglas from Douglas J. Campbell MD PC

DJC review of Amazing charts

Amazing charts is a good, solid workhorse for a family practice, and it is affordable. This is not a Candilac, but it is pretty reliable like a Ford pickup. When it has crashed, which it has, although not often, our entire office has come to a halt. Since we switched to the on-line version, we haven't had a crash, but internet problems have made life difficult at times. There are annoying pauses with the on-line version, but they are less than what our server was doing before the switch. In both cases, much of the slowdown has been related to the software having to comply with government regulations.

Pros

Relatively easy to learn how to use.

Cons

Response from Marissa

Replied November 2016

Hi Dr. Campbell, We’re glad to hear you’ve seen improved stability. We’re aware of the pauses you described above and apologize for inconvenience – we’re working diligently with our hosting partners to resolve this. Thank you for the feedback and we appreciate your understanding as we strive to deliver excellent service to you!

Brant from Canby Clinic

Industry: Alternative Medicine

September 2016

The software works for the most part.

Pros

Compared to other EMR software programs the price is affordable.

Cons

Once you purchase the software and get transferred from their onboarding representative to the "white glove" support then your on your own. When you call support they have a voicemail where you leave a message. If someone calls you back it ranges from a day or two to sometimes a week or two. When someone calls back if you are unavailable they will leave a message, but they don't have extensions so the number they leave is the same one where you have to leave a message and the process starts over. My account was deactivated because I couldn't get ahold of support to update my credit card on file. If it takes over two week to update your credit card good luck with real software problems.

Response from Marissa

Replied September 2016

Hi Brant, Thank you for leaving your feedback – we’ve passed it along to the director of our client services team and want to apologize for the inconvenience. While we do have a ticket-based support system to help keep our software affordable, we want to assure you that one to two week response times are not the norm, and we will investigate why your experience was different. Our US-based client services team continuously works toward greater efficiency, so we appreciate your feedback and understanding as we strive to deliver excellent service and support to you.

October 2015

Maribel from Innova Medical Care, P.A.

October 2015

I would never go back to Amazing Charts

Pros

Based on my original needs I did like the license and support pricing; and the progress note visual at the time, when my Direct Primary Care practice was young and small. Also liked HPI/ PMH/FH templates which are not necessarily available in other EMRs but which I can live without. Ability to connect with Updox, but too many steps to have patient communications in their files

Cons

Poor service- must start a ticket which takes forever to be answered. Immediate Chat is not necessarily available when you need it the most. Customer reps service and courtesy varies, depending on the person on the phone (feels as if company did not have a mission, vision and core values to live by). Cloud service- It is not a real Cloud access, but logging in to their server via remote; making process very slow and inefficient. Usability: Platform crashes constantly. Can not open more than one patient at a time. Can't copy and paste from a note unless it is signed off. There is no problem list to go by. Many others

George from McCullars Research and Medical Services, Inc

Amazing Charts EMR

I am a long time user [2002]. I would enjoy the program more if there were not so much clutter because of Federal mandates. The electronic prescription service works exceptionally well. The within program search engine is easy and a time saver. I would like to see faster access speed from work stations to server, I have 4. Printing speed is good and has never crashed because of Amazing Charts. Thanks for the hard work which has improved my practice. gmm

Response from Marissa

Replied November 2016

Hi Dr. McCullars, Thank you for your continued support and feedback! We’ve tried reaching out several times to look into the speed of your work stations, but weren’t able to reach you. Please email support@amazingcharts.com and we can try to speed things up.

Charmayne from iHealthone

I'm not very tech savvy but this software is easy to use !

Pros

Extremely user-friendly with a helpful customer support team. Lots of tutorials inside the software. The best dental software I have used.

Mallory from Mallory Griffith, MA CCC-SLP

Took some time to learn the system, but great once established!

Would definitely recommend this program! Just be prepared for the transition process.

Pros

Very functional - worked great for my small group of clinicians. I imagine the transition to paperless charts would have likely been hard regardless of the program, but amazingcharts made it easy.

Cons

Learning curb was challenging for some employees, but once everyone learned the system, employees reported that it was easier.

Jody from Thomas W Pollard DO LLC

User review

User-friendly, easy to navigate and operate. The most challenging part is when upgrades are done that changes how a function should be done in order to capture meaningful use successfully. We don't know there is a change until we discover we're not meeting our goals then we're behind trying to catch up. Other than that it's a pretty good program.

Pros

User-friendly. Support staff is friendly.

Cons

System slowness, too many steps to ensure system calculates meaningful use target measures correctly. Does not have very good support when upgrades are done when it comes to a user knowledge (need to know) perspective to ensure quality measures are compliant. They now charge for training with a trainer on top of the annual support fee.

Leslie from Family Medicine

Amazing Charts

Great Product! Great for starting EHR. I have used 3 systems in practice, and this has by far been the easier one to navigate.

Nancy from north Florida Treatment Centers

Do not trust them with a credit card on file

If I could go back and select a different product i would get something else. Do NOT let them have your business credit card or debit card. We learned the hard way Lots of luck getting a live person on the phone. They debited over a thousand dollars too much, have called millions of times trying to get a refund.

Pros

It is easy to learn to use. It is easy to print prescriptions. They can set up off site back-up. You pay for guardian support but be aware that they will not help with printers. We could not scan into the program for months and we ere on our own to figure it out.

Cons

shuts off frequently, notes sometimes don't save, never know when I come in in the morning if it will bve working. Very few days where everything works.

Louis from Buffalo Adult Health Services PLLC

Poor support, poor resolution to problems

Poor experience overall. I'm never sure coming into work if my EHR is going to work or not!

Pros

Nothing currently. Interfaces wont connect, including to my billing dept. I haven't received disbursement from my payers in 2 weeks.

Cons

IT support can fix a problem about 50% of the time. Cloud based product is slow and unreliable and will halt my practice daily when it's not connecting. So, I'm sitying here writing a review instead of documenting on my patients, waiting for someone from IT to get back to me. I've had my other vendors from Open PM, quest, ACM look at the interface issues and all have told me that it is an issue Amazing Charts needs to correct, which they have been unable to.

Courtney from Hormone replacement

Amazing charts

Pros

Super easy to navigate. Easy personalized templates. Custom cpt codes and billing; simple to set up.

Cons

Can’t have more than 1 chart open at a time. Must buy a license per provider, can get expensive.....

Emily from Franklin Pediatrics

Amazing charts is a decent EHR to use in your medical office.

Pros

I like the way encounters are laid out. It makes it easy to document in a timely manner and is easy to read past encounters.

Cons

There are some flaws that are not very clinically appropriate. For instance, trying to add an addendum makes an entire new past encounter, you have to manually remove diagnosis from the summary sheet, and you can't make diagnostic templates.

Lisa from Breast Cancer Detection Center of Alaska and Charitable Corporation

Even our small office finds Amazing Charts helpful

Pros

The intuitive options. After I have used an option a few times, my ususal choices appear at the top of my window.

Cons

Our office is small, so we do not use alot of the features offered in the software. Sometimes it is confusing for our providers to find the pieces that we do use.

Response from Marissa

Replied September 2016

Hi Lisa, Thank you for leaving your feedback – we’ve passed it along to our product manager. Amazing Charts was designed by a practicing Family Physician, so there are certain features that your Radiology practice wouldn’t use. Please free to email support@amazingcharts.com at any time if you have any workflow related questions we can answer to help ensure you’re using Amazing Charts as efficiently as possible.

Lisa from Lisa A Hollander MD

Industry: Mental Health Care

a solo psychiatrist

This is my second EHR and is more comprehensive and yet simpler to use than the system I previously used. Since I practice an integrated style of psychiatry I appreciate having access to a full range of medical diagnostic codes. I have not tried to utilize its meaning full use an other capabilities and am using this for comprehensive legible records rather than to meet MU.

Pros

very straight forward, affordable the process of uploading document is much better than an earlier system used It organizes my notes in a format very comfortable for my practice style

Cons

Getting technical assistance is frustrating as live support is never available and the call back process the next day always seems to go to voice mail. The print size is very small and not adjustable

February 2012

Wendell from South Park Pediatrics

February 2012

I am a pediatric solo practitioner with one nurse practitioner. I have been using Amazing Charts for 9 years. I was initially drawn to it because of its simplicity. It was consistent with the way I have always charted and the price was right. I compared it with many other programs and have continued to watch what else is out there, but am amazed that nothing seems so intuitive. I like the fact that my database is on site, not in the cloud. I can continue to work when the Internet goes down. I have had residents and nurse practice student that I can get up and running in a couple of hours. Generally they will follow me for a day then I will set them down on a tutorial. After that, they are essentially on their own, with me reviewing and tweaking their H&Ps. Amazing Charts has fairly frequent updates and usually everything goes smoothly, but occasionally I will call support. It is usually quick and they are very engaging. I see 20-30 patients a day and rarely leave charts undone at the end of the day. My notes are much more complete that prior to using an EHR. I can recall and pull patients very fast. Oh, and I have reclaimed a lot of space that previously was used to store paper charts.

brittany from Education

simplistic ehr system

Overall, this ehr system was helpful for when I have to work with patients as a receptionist for my clinic.

Pros

Pros I found about this system is that it is user friendly and very simplistic. Everything on amazing charts is very direct of what you need. When I book for appointments, it is very quick and easy which I appreciate!

Cons

Some cons I found in this software is that when booking appointments, there is a limit of how much you can write for the reason of the patients appointment. Although the software is very simplistic, the EHR is aesthetically very bland. Lastly, I find it that amazing charts has a long wait time for it to start up when you first log in.

Electronic Health Record for All Solutions

Great experience once software is learned. It can be tailored to any practice but each practice uses it differently.

Pros

Simplicity is key and speed. Fast EHR that allows great functionality and efficiency within practice.

Cons

Templates were not quite as functional as I had hoped. Flow is a bit tricky to learn at first.