What are Amazing Charts users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Amazing Charts software through verified user reviews

• icon"Easy to train new employees on it. Ability to run it off of a local server."
  • icon"We have been extensively using Amazing charts and following are a few things which stand out. Love the different ways i can represent complex data so easily on the system."
  • icon"I have used other ehr's at hospitals and other sites, nothing is as user friendly for pediatricians. The total cost is still reasonable and the reports are good."
  • icon"Cost has become an issue for a small practice. We pay (1) for the certificate, (2) for the customer service, (3) for patients portal, (4) for narcotics e- prescriptions."
  • icon"The EHR has steadily gotten more complex, buggy, and difficult to maintain. The customer service is pathetic."
  • icon"New server installations require a generated key, requiring a call to tech support, which can be very inconvenient if server hardware fails."

Browse all Amazing Charts Reviews

• Have you used Amazing Charts and would like to share your experience with others?

Industry: Computer Hardware

Affordable, reliable, easy to use EHR

Experience is Amazing! No pun intended. It is affordable and runs great. I have installed it at two offices already.

Pros

Cost. Simplicity. Easy to train new employees on it. Ability to run it off of a local server. Chart flow is smooth.

Cons

Nothing Negative to say about the software. But the gaurdian angel support has lost its touch since being bought out. We don't need the support unless issue with licences occur,but the support lacks.

Reasons for choosing Amazing Charts

Cost. Reliability. Local server based. Simplicity.

Reasons for switching to Amazing Charts

Cost and ability to run on local server. Not cloud based.

Brian

July 2016

We've been happy with Amzaing Charts

Pros

This emr has a few very nice selling points. By far, the first is the price. We are a solo practice and I spent a year listening to emr presentations before settling on AC. That was in 2009. There were no emrs that could even come close to AC's cost and still provide the same features and support. I occasionally provide training at other offices in our area that have AC. All of my feedback in the last 5 years has been that these AC offices are able to just about anything those as those that forked out 10 or 20 times more for an emr. The Decision Support feature is fantastic. It is an editable tracking area that we use for all our HEIDIS, PCMH, and meaningful use needs. It was great to finally get rid of the huge ticker files for the yearly physicals, etc. Creating call lists for overdue screenings like colonoscopies and wellness visits can be done in minutes. Not only that, but they can be produced as an Excel spreadsheet instead of printed. AC also connects to an online fax service, Updox. Updox offers a basic patient portal and makes filing faxes easier. Incoming faxes can be sent directly to the patient's chart from the Updox program. It provides HIPPA compliant email, options to send documents to patients, and an option to allow patients to schedule their own appointments. The feature that sold us on this emr in the end is access to it's database. This topic doesn't often come up during emr sales pitches. I have heard several stories from other offices needing to switch emrs and finding out that their files wouldn't transfer or there would be some new fee to make it happen. We have been able to create custom lists with this access for anything that we couldn't do within the emr program itself.

Cons

The customer support typically responds within minutes if we contact them through online chat at their website. I have never been able to call and have their support phone answered though. They will often log into whichever computer is having a problem and fix it on the spot. It is probably best to have someone in the office that has some experience with computers. That isn't always a common employee skill which makes paying more for onsite support sound more comforting.

Deborah

13 year USER - Very Discouraged

I have been using Amazing Charts since 2007. User-friendly, easy to navigate and operate. Horrible customer service availability. If you have a problem with an upgrade - you are charged again for support training. Why is that not part of the support we pay for?

Pros

Fairly user friendly. Like the chart layout.

Cons

Cost has become an issue for a small practice. We pay (1) for the certificate, (2) for the customer service, (3) for patients portal, (4) for narcotics e- prescriptions. We pay annually per provider whether they work 1 day a month or 30 days a month, for service, support, and upgrades. Now they are tagging on taxes for these services. Nine times out of ten we can not reach support (worse since Pri-Med took over) and usually have to leave a message, it takes several days to receive a response and if the caller is not available, support leaves a message with no direct call back line and so when calling back, we start the process again. Customer support is slow and not adequate for people who do not have in house IT support. WHY should support be MANDATORY??? In messaging if you switch screens you lose what was typed why can't the message stay intact until you are finished sending. System frequently freezes when in a chart causing you to need to reboot.

Reasons for choosing Amazing Charts

Ease of use. Cost at that time.

Response from Amazing Charts

Deborah, thanks for choosing AC EHR for the past 14 years. We apologize for the issues you experienced. We work hard to offer an affordable EHR, but occasional price increases are needed to further invest in development to enhance the product.

alisa

Solid EHR

I am the system administrator for a mid-sized medical practice that uses this software. I was with the practice when it migrated to Amazing Charts -- around 10 years ago. I find that it generally functions well. It doesn't quickly integrate every possible new feature, but the features it has are solid. The practice keeps pushing to switch to a cloud-based EMR (and they did so for six months, then switched back) -- but onsite server EMRs are superior when the internet goes down or is slow.

Pros

It gets the job done, it is pretty easy for users to use, tech support is generally knowledgeable. It is easy to install. There is high-quality tech support available on the weekend for emergency issues (I have had to use this service a couple of times over the past decade.)

Cons

As the company has been bought out, the customer support is not as responsive as it used to be. It is nearly impossible to reach them via phone, and chat is only available first thing in the morning. However, they usually call back pretty quickly, and tech support always speaks and understands good English! I dislike that the billing portion of the software is only cloud-based, and that it uses Java. The built in back up program makes a once a day complete backup -- but it doesn't cull old backups, and periodically I have to access it and delete old backups manually to free up space. New server installations require a generated key, requiring a call to tech support, which can be very inconvenient if server hardware fails. (This happened to me.)

Tamara

Time used: Free Trial

MANY good qualities! a few fixable challenges

I love the simplicity of use - there are more complicated things you CAN do but you don't have to I love that the templates are so easy to make and its time saving and has My own way I want to express things! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT WE DON"T HAVE TO CLICK AND CLICK AND CLICK! such a joy! I would just brag all the time and feel SO SMUG! the first time I called Guardian Angel support ( as a test during the trial period) I got a call 10 minutes later from a brilliantly intelligent retired nurse in her second career -she was FABULOUS and concise and instructive! I was SOLD! They had me! HOOK LINE AND SINKER! Hurray! REASonably priced- good for a tiny little solo practice person like me You could give suggestions that would help with upgrades- like if you made an error in a 2015 note and typed in the person weighed 865 lbs instead of 165 you could add a late and correctly dated correction attached to that note- You CAN"t do that now but you could make the suggestion and maybe if enough people thought so that could be part of a new upgrade! but.... Hard to reach business office! If you are short on funds + need to submit a different credit card or something- Its hard to reach anyone , guardian angels do not have the correct number but will give various wrong or disconnected numbers, after a few days trying you still don't succeed so your credit card gets charged anyway and after 3 times you get dropped from Amazing charts ( so twice now in about 9 years - seems a little harsh for someone trying to to arrange a payment- THIS could be easily fixed by having a phone #handy on the website that we can call- this is a problem SO easy to fix- if you go through various dropdowns you can find one that does not need a special password- I'm waiting for reply- would hate to loose A.C... but am looking around just in case Unfortunate change in culture of the support staff- usta be when you got them it was worthwhile- they would work with you and give various ideas and eventually the problem was solved- it was more fluid- you could suggest things like I would have suggested - why not have the Cloud reset after less time - so if you get knocked off for an inadvertent double sign on during the weekend- it would reset after maybe 4 hrs instead of 24 hrs- now they just say" No we won't do that." MAYBE they were bought in by a different company? outsourced the support staff to a different group? certainly a fixable problem!

Kyle

March 2022

Great idea, terrible execution, nonexistent support

I would never use this product again. The software bugs combined with their inept tech support model make for a horrible experience. We just switched to insync EHR, and I cannot believe how many hours per week I have wasted futzing with this piece of garbage software (amazing charts). It is amazingly crappy, so I guess the name fits.

Pros

Easy to see entire note in progress at once. Software is theoretically simple and therefore easy to use. Easy to teach new staff.

Cons

Bugs bugs bugs. The software is unstable, worse after the last update. It is very hard to get through an hour without having a technical problem for each user. Support is virtually nonexistent. I am the doctor and IT professional in our small office (which is who AC markets to). When I call tech support, they force you to leave a message. When they call back, they will not answer the question to my staff nor wait for me to come to the phone (I am usually in a patient room). So I end up in constant phone tag with them and give up. Probably an intentional model to reduce calls. Horrible service.

Jim

Deteriorating customer service and product functionality

For those of you who plan to use EHR's as I have since 1990, be very careful. Once you have made your choice of systems you are really a prisoner of that system. The cost and disruption of switching is prohibitive. If I were earlier in my career, I would switch to something that is more dependable with excellent customer service. I would NOT use Amazing Charts. Since I am late in my career I am totally frustrated about how I will hold on with this defective EHR and poor service.

Pros

When the EHR was produced many years ago it was simple, fast, and would run on any computer no matter how basic. Not now.

Cons

I have been an AC user since 2003. The EHR has steadily gotten more complex, buggy, and difficult to maintain. The customer service is pathetic. When a problem develops their watchword is, "blame the customer." They do not respond to service requests in a timely manner. Sometimes they don't respond at all. Our most recent problems have been going on for weeks, but no resolution.

Reasons for choosing Amazing Charts

Free demo. Very low cost back then. It would run on almost any computer no matter how basic. Very easy to learn and implement.

Left the practice

Response from Harris Computer Systems

Dr. Turnage, we apologize for the issues you experienced. Please contact us if you have any additional problems or if there's anything we can do to assist you.

Replied July 2021

Rebecca

No ability to access medical records after our Physician passed away.

We were always pleased with Amazing charts. The fee per Physician was reasonable BUT....after our physician died suddenly we never hired another MD. So we never paid any future physician fees. Our system crashed after a severe storm and we called for help installing the program on another computer. We found out we had to pay $450.00 an hour to do so, reluctantly we did. The program worked maybe a month or two and again we had problems again with the SQL server, i complained and again your IT department did help us for free to fix it as the problem was on your end not ours. Within weeks we again got messages that we could not access Amazing charts. At this point our IT guy again texted your IT department and again they worked on it, it seems the problem was that Amazing charts was backing several times a day and caused us to run out of storage. ( Mind you, we have only used Amazing charts to retrieve records at requests of past patients and or Attorneys. for almost 3 years ) So your tech supposedly fixed the constant baking up. Well a week later we tried to use Amazing charts to retrieve records for another attorney and again WE CAN'T because Amazing charts is backing up at least 8-10 times a day. We called and complained and we are being told that we have to pay $450.00 an hour for your Tech Dept to again try to fix this problem. This is a problem within Amazing charts. But because we no longer pay for the physician fee we no longer have service. I NEED ACCESS!

Pros

easy to use

Cons

Support after our Doctor died!!!!! NO SUPPORT

Response from Amazing Charts

Rebecca, we apologize for the issues you experienced. I confirmed with Support that this issue has been resolved, but please contact us if you have any additional problems.

Replied January 2021

Support takes money, provides no assistance.

There is no evidence that support team sees email requests for help or ever intends to respond yet support prices have skyrocketed to about $1700 per year. Because they're unresponsive, I rarely ask for help but after they forced me to add $200 to my annual support bill for a mandatory upgrade, it started crashing all the time and I'm completely on my own. No help whatsoever. Do NOT commit to this team.

Pros

Ease of use, simplicity, full featured for small practices.

Cons

It crashes multiple times per day for no reason and support team doesn't respond to emails.

Response from Harris Computer Systems

We're sorry to hear you had difficulty reaching our Support team. We implemented a variety of changes to improve response times, including a chat feature on our website. Please contact us if you have any issues and we'll work to resolve them ASAP.

Replied February 2022

Sandra

Define support

Pros

It started out in 2007 to be about family physician practices being able to afford and use a product that you were part of a team of users. Their service of having a product to support the solo physician practice feels like as if it is getting minimized each year.

Cons

Additional fees for support that is NOT always available. Even if you have urgent needs there is a voicemail system and you do not know if or when your call will be returned. Reoccurring problems with software when not using their integrated platform.

Reasons for choosing Amazing Charts

Back in 2007 it was great to start with.

Response from Amazing Charts

Sandra, we're sorry to hear you had difficulty reaching our Support team. We implemented a variety of changes to improve response times, including a chat feature on our website. Please contact us if you have any issues and we'll work to resolve them ASAP.

Amazing Charts Review

Overall, a great product that I would recommend. EHRs are going to be expensive, no matter where you purchase it from. This is a solid product, solid investment.

Pros

Amazing Charts is very easy to use. It seems like a perfect transition for those who are still using paper records, to using electronic records. I have used it mostly to document patient visits and medical record review and it has consistently been very user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes, all of the information on one screen can be overwhelming. It helps to have 2 monitors to spread out the information.

maher

Loved it but became very pricy

I have been using AC for more than 3 years, It made my life beautiful. The problem is that any functionality you need to use (Like patient portal, electronic labs requests, e-prescriptions) is an additional cost to your subscription. I pay $$$$ for the certificate but I have to pay for the customer service another $$$$, now , for patients portal $110 per month , for narcotics e- prescriptions $$$ , for lab corp $$$, for Quest $$$ , lately they called me trying to sell me CCM (chronic care management) , usually we collect on average $$ per patient per month, AC wants to charge me $$ per patient per month. My nurse practitioner have to subscribe as a FULL user which double the price. As for online access, they charge $$ per user per month for our staff, so I have 2 front desk, 1 back desk, 1 MA , 1 manager , 1 Biller , 1 doctor and 1 ARNP , total users of 8 equal to $$$ per month THIS IS A RIP OFF I love it but I can't keep up with their greed. time to change

Pros

easy to use

Cons

very expensive

Response from Amazing Charts

Dr. Nana, we are sorry you feel that costs have increased, but the reality is that Amazing Charts is one the most affordable EHR solutions. We must correct a few inaccuracies. A few of the costs you describe are for extra functionality, which you chose to add. The Patient Portal required for MU is included; you are paying for a more robust portal from Updox. eRx is included; any costs for EPCS are paid to a third party. All EHR vendors charge fees for interfaces, and our costs are competitive. There is a one-time fee of $750 per interface (often covered by the lab), and annual maintenance of $150 per interface, with discounts for multiple interfaces, You paid $1,200 once for a lifetime license. You pay $1,195 annually for service, support, and upgrades. An NP is a level-one provider if they sign-off charts and prescribe. Dr. Nana, we encourage you to shop around and compare prices for everything you get today. Amazing Charts will be your most affordable choice.

Replied March 2017

Lane

Industry: Mental Health Care

Almost everything you need on one screen!

This my 3rd EMR and my favorite. With supervision of Nurse Practitioners in other locations I've seen other EHR's and this one is the best. The worst are the ones with nothing but clicks and drop-down menus or just being able to show one screen at a time (one I use limits the progress note to the whole screen, can't even see the med list). Support is good despite some criticism. I primarily use the online chat. It's rare that I can't get someone on chat who can walk me through it or take control of the PC and fix it. I use a local server and it's fine, can't afford to lose my EMR if the internet goes down. Cloud based is available.

Pros

Having all these on one screen in separate boxes is great: CC, HPI, ROS, PMH, SOC Hx, Meds, VS, PE/MSE, Dx, Plan and buttons to write Rx or order labs. E-prescribing easy, all pharmacies listed. Make your own templates easily from any screen. Very little clicking and radio buttons which is good if you can type, not so great if you type slowly (can use 3rd party dictation software). Fax, lab integration is good, being able to scan and import as docs, pdf is good.

Cons

NewCrops electronic prescribing of controlled substance is cumbersome due to Verizon but they are discontinuing at the end of February and the new vendor Exostar is supposed to be better and reduced clicks. Report generation and letter writer could be improved. Font sizing would be nice feature. Portal integrated with Updox is not particularly helpful or user-friendly and I don't even use it.

Alexis

I very simple

Amazing Charts is the top rated EHR according to multiple user satisfaction surveys and is affordable, easy to use, and FREE to try. Unlike most EHRs, Amazing Charts was designed by a physician, allowing you to document more with fewer clicks. Amazing Charts offers a fully integrated Practice Management solution and a wide range of value-adding services to help you increase your practices efficiency and revenue. Additionally, Amazing Charts is ICD-10 compliant and 2014 Meaningful Use certified.

Pros

We did a 30 day free trial period with Amazing Charts while searching for a new EMR system last year. Their EMR was more user friendly than the previous one we had been using (Practice Partner) but still required more clicking around in a patient's chart than what we were looking for. Overall, seemed very user friendly but we wanted an EMR with everything in the patient's chart accessible on one page which it did not seem to have.

Cons

very expensive Overall: I have been using AC for more than 3 years, It made my life beautiful. The problem is that any functionality you need to use (Like patient portal, electronic labs requests, e-prescriptions) is an additional cost to your subscription. I pay for the certificate but I have to pay for the customer service another, now , for patients portal per month , for narcotics e- prescriptions, for lab corp , for Quest, lately they called me trying to sell me CCM (chronic care management) , usually we collect on average per patient per month, AC wants to charge me $ per patient per month. My nurse practitioner have to subscribe as a FULL user which double the price. As for online access, they charge per user per month for our staff, so I have 2 front desk, 1 back desk, 1 MA , 1 manager , 1 Biller, 1 doctor and 1 ARNP , total users of 8 equal to $$$ per month THIS IS A RIP OFF I love it but I can't keep up with their greed. time to change

Heather

Amazing Charts

Once I get a call or email back from A.C. its ok. My overall experience is just "ok". It wouldn't be my first choice in software if I had to pick all over again.

Pros

Documenting a visit on a patient is easy for the providers. I like that it is connected the Immunization Registry and Updocs.

Cons

I don't like the customer service/technical support. When you call then for help you never get a live person. You have to leave a message and they don't get back with you for a couple days. The same goes for email. They are suppose to have "live" support but they don't have live support after 2 pm MST. If they do, I never get ahold of anyone. I also don't like the Practice Management side of the software. Not easy to use and you still have to "batch" charges to send claims, which I think is very old-fashioned. My Medical Assistants don't like the immunization documenting because it's hard to find and not easy to print.

Reasons for switching to Amazing Charts

The doctor that bought the practice was using Amazing Charts at another office and was already trained. So, we all had to switch.

Response from Amazing Charts

Heather, we apologize for your issues with our Support team. We implemented a variety of changes to improve response times. We also have a new version of our PM that could be a better fit. Please contact us to learn more or resolve any other issues.

puthenmadam

Amazing in many ways

I pull up patient lists regularly and wean out patients that have not been coming to the practice. pulling reports. very user friendly. easy to train new employees. I have remote access.

Pros

I reviewed our options back in 2004 when we implemented the EMR at the time I had 3 practices and installed AC at all 3 locations. I am now down to 1 practice with 4 providers, still love it with all the changes in the environment ( meaningful use) and all the interfaces. Just wish it was easier to send letters from AC to patients. the schedule is versatile and user friendly, I once thought of switching for the convenience of my billing company and almost had a mutiny amongst the staff. I have used other ehr's at hospitals and other sites, nothing is as user friendly for pediatricians. The total cost is still reasonable and the reports are good.

Cons

needs to have some changes to make patient emailing better.

Reasons for choosing Amazing Charts

ease of use, free trial, on site server.

Jeffrey

After six years of use.

I recommend Amazing Charts highly. It does everything I asked it to and offered even more. It is well designed, using it is intuitive and the technical support has been superb. In fact, the best of any product or software I have ever used. I am a private practice neurologist who sees tertiary referrals with unusual conditions. Even with this atypical practice, with many fine details of history and examination, Amazing Charts was easy to adapt to my needs. It is also easy to use for my support staff.

Pros

Simplicity, ease of use and technical support.. I have used several hospital based EMR's which are all cumbersome and seem aimed away from patient care. Amazing charts allows me to focus on that, my profession.

Cons

I have no complaints at all. Any problems I had were easily sorted out, and quickly by support. I have used several hospital based EMR's which are all cumbersome and seem aimed away from patient care. Amazing charts allows me to focus on that, my profession.

August 2016

Amazing charts reviewed. Longtime user.

Pros

Low-cost. Helped us achieve meaningful use payments.

Cons

Charge the same for part-time practitioners versus full-time. Most charge less for part time. Major software glitch several years ago which vendor refused to fix. We were able to get this problem corrected free of charge from computer experts working under a grant in the state of Hawaii. It took them about 100 hours to recapture the data which was lost.

Response from Marissa

Hi David, Thank you for the feedback! Although other EHR vendors might have different pricing for part-time clinicians, we’re happy to offer pricing that is much more affordable across the board. Additionally, we’re sorry to hear to about the issue you experienced several years ago. We want to assure you that we’ve since made significant improvements to our Quality Assurance processes and as a standard policy all priority defects are resolved in the next release. Finally, we’re happy to hear you successfully attested for Meaningful Use and think your recommendation to complete a fake patient visit prior to purchasing is a great one -- we agree and offer a free trial so clinicians can do this. Thanks again for the feedback and we appreciate your understanding as we strive to deliver excellent service and support to you!

Replied August 2016

Robin

December 2013

Pleasantly surprised that an EMR actually DID make my life easier

I am a family physician. I am young enough that I started learning on both paper charts and EMRs. During my rotations in school and residency, I got try out lots of different EMRs. There are nice things about them...you can read what you wrote, you can have templates for the times you repeat yourself, you can search for particular diagnoses or ages to make sure you're catching all the patient care opportunities...but by and large, they are clunky and inconvenient to use. Paper charts are quick...you jot a few notes during the appointment, sign it, and you're done. What I like most about Amazing Charts is that it holds onto that ease of the paper chart while allowing you the conveniences of an electronic record. Everything you need for most appointments is right there on one screen. So many EMRs require you to click through multiple windows before you actually get to what you need. With AC, I left click in a box to type in it or right click to pull up my templates. I can double click to open a larger window (useful for long past medical history lists). The chart itself has tabs along the top so I don't have to close what I'm doing and open a new window to view labs, I just click over to the correct tab, just like a paper chart...except that instead of flipping through an inch of pages to find the correct lab, there's a nice tidy clickable list. To do any number of things (enter a tickler, print a variety of documents, view the medication list) you just right click on the patient's name. To view the history of a particular medication, just right click again. My biggest complaint with AC is that it takes awhile to discover all these little conveniences. I don't even know half of what it does. Then I'll happen to click on something I hadn't clicked on before (or right click or double click) and I'll find myself in a whole new world of cool things it does. I've been using AC for a year now and was really happy with it from the start and continue to be glad I chose it. I am planning on continuing to use AC long term and have no major gripes with it.

Derek

The product is very user friendly for the most part

We have recommended this product to 6 other practices that all currently use. Each practice has its own customization and each practice prefers this over many other EMRs. Overall a good user friendly product

Pros

Easy to use, reasonably priced per provider, tech support knows how to fix a problem, you can add additional features that fit your practice (at a price), latest version is MIPS certified

Cons

MIPS system is somewhat complicated to use and sometimes requires retraining staff, upgrading to newest version no longer has free tech support, tech support takes about 24 hours to get back to you, the more you add to the system the more it costs, when using non cloud based version updates must be done on server and each work station individually

October 2014

Good EMR with rough edges

Pros

I have been using Amazing Charts since 2007. The best aspect of this EMR is that it closely follows the documentation process learned in medical training with minimal clicks to complete the note. The entire process can be displayed in a single window. There is a downloadable trial with free use for several weeks. There is excellent support by the vendor with one-on-one assistance by phone or online chat by US based techs. The pricing is very reasonable for both purchase and support that includes updates. The user board is run by the user community and open to prospective users for pre-purchase impressions about what users like and don't like, as well as a fast way to answer questions. Although there is a cloud version available, the software runs on standard office computers, the database stays in your office and can be networked peer to peer or domain, and most IT issues can be solved by a user with average software troubleshooting skills. It has a software wizard for implementing Meaningful Use.

Cons

New versions are often buggy for several revisions. There is no electronic billing module yet, although interfaces are available with other programs for extra cost. Some frustrating features of the software frequently discussed on the users board are slow to be addressed. New changes are introduced with little user input. The software training is entirely web-based.

Jane

Have used Amazing Charts for 7 years in my solo practice. Am now on the cloud which is a much easier format than office based server.

I dont use this for billing or scheduling , because I am in a collaborative group , sharing front desk services. This would make my experience much better. The product support is great, but on the east coast, I am on the west, so no evening support.

Pros

Simple, best for a small practice, just very intuitive. I like the referral module, the communication options. I tried another slick EMR and was dismayed to see that 'confidential ' PMI, is in a frame on the opening page, this allows all staff to see it. AC puts it behind a file tag. Also like the reminder feature,

Cons

I dont like the graphic format/ font is UGLY, needs an update. Would prefer an integrated fax, not UPDOX.

Adam

Amazing Charts is pretty good..........NO IT'S AMAZING !!!

I've used every version of Amazing charts since version 3.1 (starting 2008). Aside from some usability issues with versions 7-8, my experience has been truly AMAZING ! Version 9 is the best yet! (to the guys n gals at A.C.): I hope your quest to keep up with constantly changing government regulations such as Meaningful Use and MACRA/MIPS doesn't get in the way of your wonderful product. Those government programs will ultimately fail... I would rather have a great product like AC v9 even if it doesn't meet government requirements, than to have a compliant program. Keep up the AMAZING WORK at AMAZING CHARTS. Your customer service staff and programing support staff are truly an AMAZING GROUP OF PEOPLE ! Sincerely, Adam Lauer DO, Brewer, ME

Pros

Ease of use. Intuitive style. Progress notes that i can actually see all the fields on ONE SCREEN unlike most other products that require tons of tabbing. Reports that print out just like the progress notes we learned in medical school (unlike the 5-7 page reports printed from those other over-priced clunky programs like Centricity). Great office messaging system. AFFORDABLE PRICE TAG ! SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT....you can actually get live people on the telephone !

Cons

Sorry I'm a loyal A.C. user since 2008. I don't have anything negative to say about the software or the company.

Jacqueline

The steps required for messaging and forwarding charts is very un-amazing.

I learned that price is not the best way to pick an EMR

Pros

The best part of Amazing Charts is the name, and the little stick figure and its daily message when you are opening the program every morning.

Cons

When you are sending another team member a message on a patient, if for any reason you do not send it because you are interrupted, the entire message disappears and you have to restart it. Our office brought this up at the last convention here in Chicago, and nothing has been done to address or improve this feature, despite the numerous complaints from all the attendees of the conference.

Ravishankar

The Best EHR for Small Medical Practices

I installed Amazing Charts on one of the desktop computers over one weekend in 2007 and started using it on Monday without any need for training from anyone. The online tutorials are adequate for most if not all users. The EHR itself is very self-intuitive and easy to use. I recommend transitioning from your paper charts to fully EHR over 3 to 4 months. Best if used with voice recognition software, like Dragon Naturally Speaking Medical Edition. In terms of cost, convenience, ease of use, features and functionality and the best customer support, one cannot beat Amazing Charts. It is simply the best EHR for physicians who want to do what they like best, i.e. see and communicate with patients, and who don't want to spend their entire day being data entry professionals!

Pros

Ease of use, excellent customer service, polite and courteous customer service reps, looks and feels like a standard paper chart, simple user intuitive interface.

Cons

Meaningful use data compilation can be time consuming. Medication data entry could be improved.

3.64/5 out of 95 reviews