• Pros

• "I find it easy to use and very helpful. I love it."

• "Fast and easy I love it wonderful, I will recommend it to others "

• "Everything very easy to use, easy to upload films "

• Cons

• "Sometimes it would freeze and I would have to start over again but besides that it's a great system to use for any sized healthcare."

• "Lack of face to face support (Customer support is great but pretty much everything is done over the phone) "

• "Sometimes it can load slowly, but that's not a huge issue."

Browse Ambra Health Reviews

Mark from Envision Radiology

Awesome Ambra!

Pros

The features and functionality of the Ambra product is outstanding. We use the system in three distinct ways - 1) sharing images to, receiving images from, and bi-directional sharing with our partners, 2) providing online access to images and reports for our referring community and patients, and 3) supporting our business of providing radiology reads for family practice, urgent care, chiropratic and other imaging providers without a radiologist on staff. These three features, or capabilities, go well beyond the VNA aspect of the product. It's so powerful that the VNA is almost an afterthought to how you'll use it.

Cons

There is a learning curve to this vast product and some of the terminology is new or different from the imaging industry standard. Don't let that shy you away from engaging with Ambra. It's well worth the effort.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied January 2019

Mark, Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It has been a pleasure to work with you and the entire Envision Radiology team, and we look forward to our ongoing partnership! Best, Chantel Hopper Director of Customer Success

David from CCHMC

Amazing flexibilty and easy to use software

From the get-go, we were able to schedule calls and diagram what we wanted to do and they just hit the ground running. The project managers are very well versed in the application and were able to give us a great direction while implementing Ambra in our hospital. Whenever I do image exchange with another hospital, I recommend they change vendors.

Pros

Out of all the image exchange companies out there Ambra is by far the easiest to set up and use. Not only did we just give them a list of frequent customers that we exchange images with often and they took care of installing the software and creating bi-directional image exchange, but, they also were able to provide a solution for our teleradiology customers even building interfaces for HL7.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like. They are easy to reach for support and have a very knowledgeable support desk.

Reasons for Choosing Ambra Health

They were able to provide us with contacts that have implemented teleradiology and they were really happy with the end product.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi David, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Julie from UTHSC School of Dentistry

Ambra Health User Review

There are other things I did not like, but I cannot think of at the moment, as they were problems that came about as I was sending. Different occurrences on different days. Also I am a new employee to my company and we only started using Ambra more recently. There is a lack of reference/guidance on processes, procedures, and trouble shooting. Seems like everything comes with a price. What happens if its not our fault that the other provider isn't receiving? We have to get charged every time just to resend. Healthcare should be about quality care and not revenue. How can we afford to provide the best care to our patients if we can't afford to keep using a program that will safeguard their rights and information? Ambra has the potential to be great, but user functionality and costs need improvement. Not a lot of other providers have software that are up to date with ambra and cannot use it.

Pros

I like that the software is secure and we can attach pdf documents with the radiographs.

Cons

Some of the functionality, the steps that I have to take just to get to the radiographs that I want to send. The format or options that are available to us to send to recipients. I don't like how we can't track what was sent. I also don't think it's fair that there is a cost for every item that we send.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Julie, Thank you for your feedback. I'm passing along your feedback to our product team. If you can send your email to me at jgoldstein@ambrahealth.com, I can help find a solution. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you! Best, Jake Goldstein Customer Success Manager jgoldstein@ambrahealth.com

BRIAN from FREDERICK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

SOFTWARE THAT PROVIDES MANY SOLUTIONS SUCCESSFULLY

Ambra (aka DICOM GRID) has always been very pleasant to work with over these past (close to) 10 years. They have not 'nickel and dimed' us for every improvement/request like many vendors (GE for example) do.

Pros

1. Aids patients/care givers in providing their exams with other institutions/care givers. 2. Patients are no longer dependent on CDs. 3. Patients take more control of their healthcare needs by being able to view, share and download their own exams

Cons

appears to be too dependent on bandwidth for image viewing. Increased/efficient compression algorithms would be nice to facilitate the speed of download and viewing.

Reasons for Choosing Ambra Health

Ease of solution and cost were two of the largest reasons.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Brian, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Scott from SOC Telemed

Reasonable but not great Radiograph reviewing

As above

Pros

The log in process is simple thanks to linkage with my company's log in process

Cons

ALL x rays should be readily reviewable when one is pulled up on the software. Currently, to look at old xrays, one has to back out of current study and then find older study with new search. VERY INCONVENIENT,

Response from Ambra Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Scott, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Jake Goldstein Customer Success Manager jgoldstein@ambrahealth.com

Liana from Rural Health Services

Great Product/Easy to use

I love having a direct contact with the same person who helped me in implementation. She is awesome. She makes sure we are taken care of. If we run into any issues that support is not familiar with or if they can't take care of it, she is always available and goes above and beyond to make things happen.

Pros

I liked how this software was so easy to use and was already integrated with our EHR, so the implementation was easy and streamlined because Ambra was already aware of what was required of us. I liked the support I received and continue to receive from Ambra and our Account Implementation Manager/Specialist. I like that clinicians/providers don't even have to leave the chart to see results and results are ready in minutes! The software covers everything we need and is always up and available when it is needed. I like how when you call into support, people are so helpful and understand that we need a quick resolution to our issues since we are in the healthcare industry. The help desk is always professional and helpful.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about the software except that I wish the ultrasound reports were a little more customizable. We also have some integration issues in our EHR, Athena Health, as we cannot see the report and the link to the studies in one report within the chart. We have two links that have to be clicked, one for the report and one for the link to the image. Clinicians complain about having to click so much, but it is better than what other companies are able to do with Athena. The problem is not necessarily with the software but with the level of integration.

Reasons for Choosing Ambra Health

Ambra was more cost-effective and efficient. It was the best choice because of the value it brought since it was already integrated and working with Athena. We knew how hard it was to get Athena Support to help us with anything, so that fact was important. We wanted as little to do with Athena as possible. It was simple to use and was compatible with our current infrastructure.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Liana, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

David from Johns Hopkins University

System has glitches and risks HPI Exposure

Our institution is using this software in the clinical setting to allow us to view outside imaging studies in all clinical environments. Additionally we are using it to allow sharing uploaded studies in the institution. Finally we are using it to allow outside radiology services and patients to upload studies online so that we can view them from a distance.

Pros

The ease and speed of uploading imaging studies is very good.

Cons

1) At least in our institutions implementation of the software, Each time you open the software the name of the last patient images you accessed and then search list is still populated and if you are using this software to show another patient their imaging studies, you risk a HIPPA violation because until the prior search is cleared another person's HPI is available to be seen on the screen. 2) This my reflect our institutions implementation of the software, but as a surgeon if I am in the OR and want to display images that are in AMBRA during the procedure, the viewer times out in just a few minutes making it not useful in that setting. 3) When viewing axial and either sagittal or coronal images in split screen mode, if you try to activate the slice locator function it will often severely slow down image navigation and often cause the program to freeze

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi David, Thank you so much for your feedback. I would love to address your request. If you can send your email to me at chopper@ambrahealth.com, I can help find a solution. Best, Chantel Hopper Customer Success Director chopper@ambrahealth.com

Brian from New Jersey Spine Specialists

Using Ambra Health for convenience of patient radiographic review

At New Jersey Spine Specialists we are largely happy with Ambra Health and its web based radiographic review software. Outside of an occasional delay while loading films, Ambra Health has streamlined radiographic review and has aided in patient diagnosis and timely medical treatment in orthopedic spine surgical care.

Pros

At the New Jersey Spine Specialists we have been using Ambra health PACS radiographic software upwards, close to five years now. We have grown familiar with the product and enjoy its merits of uploading patient images upon consultation then being able to review the films privately before discussing the films with the patients in examination rooms. The ease of using the software universally in more than one location has made patient care more timely and effective. We believe this has streamlined medical care and ultimately improve our patient outcomes with more efficient care.

Cons

Ambra Health at times has slow upload times. We have noticed radiographic images such as CAT scan and certain MRIs have large packet sizes which can result in viewing time delays. Overall, this is still fairly infrequent and usually manageable upon review.

Reasons for Choosing Ambra Health

User friendly, ease of use and strong customer service and/or support.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Brian, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Tiffany from Grisell Memorial Hospital

Ambra Health has saved us money over and over again!

The amount of money we were paying before was unreal! I was not the manager when the decision was made for the original software, but when I took over and heard the amount we were paying every month, I made it a personal mission to find something cheaper. That saved money can easily be put towards room upgrades or other modalities.

Pros

Easy to use! If I get a call at home to "fix" something I don't have to travel into the hospital, I can do it from home. Customer service is second to none! You are talking to real people and they more often than not can have an answer for you while on the phone. I had a LOT of questions when we first started using Ambra and they were at my beckon call and tremendous to work with. Easy to fix studies that need images removed or moved from study to study (we do not have a worklist.)

Cons

In the last year of having it, we have only had it happen once, but there was a website outage. You have to purchase as an add on a license for an "always up link". I would rather that option be available in the price or communicated up front. The outage only last 10-15 minutes and we are a very small hospital so there was no issue with it, but large busy 24/7 departments I think the add on would be a must!

Reasons for Choosing Ambra Health

Price, easy of use, and the customer service!

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Tiffany, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Stacy from Valdosta Family Medicine

Ambra Health

We were able to move to a cloud based solution that gave us better management of our data and better access.

Pros

Its ease of use and that it is cloud based and clients can access it from anywhere. Patients can give anyone access to their images through the shareable interface.

Cons

We didn't really find anything we didn't like about the software. It is pretty much a whole package at a very good price compared to other PACs systems. Very affordable for smaller practices who can't afford to go with the larger PACs systems

Reasons for Choosing Ambra Health

Ambra seemed to give the best product at the best value and it accomplished everything we were looking to do. We already had another practice in our area on Ambra so it made a good fit for us also.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Stacy, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Debbie from Kansas Joint and Spine Specialist

Good times and the bad times

The employees are always nice and want to help but they have cannot solve all the issues. We like AMBRA but do not love AMBRA.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use. The software has a lot of tools are doctors appreciate and they are easy to use. The staff is friendly when we have an issue with the software.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of glitches. We seem to have issues with the images coming across in a timely fashion. The images will come across fine and then there is an issue with one or two studies. This frustrates the doctors. The doctors come back to x-ray and want to know the issue. When AMBRA is emailed about the issue, we get the an automated response that the issue is being looked into. Two or three hours later we get an email stating the images are now available. We are aware the images are on AMBRA - it is a little late. The doctor has already come back to x-ray to view the images on the x-ray computer. When we talk to someone the response we get from AMBRA is "we will get with the developers" or "we will get with the engineers."

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Debbie, Thank you so much for your feedback. I would love to address your request. If you can send your email to me at lvoli@ambrahealth.com, I can help find a solution. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

raymond from NEBH

adequate but not well tuned for high volume use

not super responsive. feels like a legacy enterprise company stuck in a start up body

Pros

web based although the images are stored locally.

Cons

there are too many clicks required to perform basic functions, e.g. loading a study from CD should not require 7+ clicks. sounds trivial but if you are doing this multiple times a day, this adds up over the course of a career. also, when the application loads after login, it loads a null search, which takes a very long time. the landing page after login should not search for anything but allow the user to perform the search (or other function) they logged in to do. again, sounds trivial but when it happens at least once a day it gets old quick. also, have not gotten any follow up on my multiple attempts at outreach regarding these issues.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Raymond, Thank you so much for your feedback. I would love to address your request. If you can send your email to me at aschmidt@ambrahealth.com, I can help find a solution. Best, Anna Schmidt Customer Success Manager aschmidt@ambrahealth.com

Brian from Frederick Memorial Healthcare Systems

Ambra (aka DICOM GRID) has been an outstanding partner with our facility

We have been using Ambra almost from their beginning. They have been a great partner with excellent support. They helped Frederick Memorial Hospital become one of the first health care facilities in the country that allows patients to use a patient portal to access their images for viewing, sharing and downloading

Pros

Zero foot print viewer, easy to download dicom files. Easy to transfer to outside facilities once the gateway has been created (which Ambra does with minimum effort on our part) Or if no gateway we use email to send studies. Which requires little effort for our users

Cons

Sometimes we have to use different filters to find a patients study e.g. if you just put in the medical record number you may not find the exam you want so you'll have to use the name and visa versa-but this is rare. This is really a non-issue but I wish they kept their name of DICOM GRID...

Response from Ambra Health

Replied October 2019

JANA from OB GYN Associates

Ambra

We have had nothing but the best experience so far. Nothing to complain about.

Pros

The cost was the best feature. We also liked that we could speak with someone and they were willing to get back to us in a timely manner.

Cons

The thing that I liked least was that we had to purchase anything. I can't really complain about any of the encounters we have had.

Reasons for Choosing Ambra Health

The cost was the determining factor.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Jana, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Betti from Fairview

Ambra Review

The product is great, would prefer to have more ownership in configurations, training is minimal and lacks documents or detail, support is very poor!

Pros

The software provided a solution to many image exchange obstacles we were facing.

Cons

As an administrator, I prefer to have more ownership in the configurations too much of the application is vendor controlled.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Betti, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Anna Schmidt Customer Success Manager aschmidt@ambrahealth.com

Beran from Pulmonx Corporation

Industry: Medical Devices

Simple and fulnctional image transport

Ambra has been a good business partner to us in building a market-leading quantitative CT analysis solution.

Pros

Ambra does exactly what our company needs it to do -- securely transmit thousands of imaging files from all over the world. It's interface is simple and we have been able to work with the team to customize the front end of the software.

Cons

There are some custom elements, such as rejecting certain types of scans, that we have to write ourselves, and sometimes the Ambra development team will change something in their backend which disrupts our custom code. But this happens very infrequently.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied January 2019

Hi Beran, Thank you for your review! We are so glad that you and your team enjoy using Ambra! We look forward to continuing to work with you. Best, Jake Goldstein Customer Success Manager jgoldstein@ambrahealth.com

Brian from Cognitive FX

Small MRI business: AMBRA suits our needs very well.

I easily recommend it as a basic PACS for small imaging facilities (size?) doing typical diagnostic imaging.

Pros

The user interface is very easy to utilize with a small learning curve. Access Online (in the Cloud) is very convenient. Very easy to share/send a study via email. Good user role controls.

Cons

Two things: My facility does a lot of fMRI studies which produce thousands of images per study. What we need to do with them after the scan unfortunately doesn't work well with AMBRA's system. Secondly, I know that AMBRA promotes emailing studies over burning CDs. I agree with that but occasionally still need to burn a CD. The AMBRA system lets me burn a CD, not as easily as in other systems I've utilized, but I can't figure out how to burn two or more studies onto one CD.

Reasons for Choosing Ambra Health

Probably the best deal for our needs.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Brian, Thank you so much for your feedback. I would love to address your request. If you can send your email to me at lvoli@ambrahealth.com, I can help find a solution. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Lena from Carewell Urgent Care

easy emr system

Pros

Easy, user friendly. Not difficult to learn

Cons

Sometimes shutss off randomly or when i click on a tab, it doesnt letme write it, or if it lets me write in the tab- it erases my documentation

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Lena, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Jake Goldstein Customer Success Manager jgoldstein@ambrahealth.com

Beran from Pulmonx

Industry: Medical Devices

Outstanding image transfer

We enable critical image analysis to inform life changing procedures for emphysema using Ambra. Our customers rely on the security and reliability of the system to access this service and serve the needs of their emphysema patients.

Pros

Very reliable, low cost platform for image transfer. Was very responsive to our needs for a custom solution and enabled us to build a high reliability, custom business to business service

Cons

Sometimes we want to do things that the service is not designed to do, but generally the team is very good about working with us to resolve.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Beran, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Jake Goldstein Customer Success Manager jgoldstein@ambrahealth.com

Diane from Naugatuck Valley Radiology

Ambra Health Review

Pros

Configuring for VNA is straight forward and reliable. The image viewer has a lot of features such as window leveling, annotating, zooming all while keeping an intuitive layout. The exam and patient information is clearly visible. Collaboration is quick and simple. Customization of the features is easy based on user role set up or Ambra support. Image and report sharing to a patient is uncomplicated and the registration for patients to view their images is simple.

Cons

Load time for tomos is slow, though it is most probably inherent with cloud systems given the file sizes.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Diane, Thank you so much for your response. It is much appreciated. We are so glad that you are enjoying using Ambra, and I can say from the entire Ambra team that it has been a pleasure working with you and the rest of your team. Without customers like yourself, we would not be the same company. Looking forward to continuing to work with you! Best, Jake Goldstein Customer Success Manager jgoldstein@ambrahealth.com

Melissa from CCHMC

Ambra Survey

We used to send and receive images via disk or thumb drive in an overnight package. We are saving money and time sending electronically.

Pros

I like that the software is user friendly. Makes sending images electronically much easier and less time consuming. I can send request to receive images and send images simply by using an email. The one time I had difficulty with a set of images their customer support was very helpful in resolving the issue in a timely manner.

Cons

The software doesn't work well with Internet Explorer. It times out or the images fail to send. It is best to use Google Chrome.

Reasons for Choosing Ambra Health

Intelemage was discontinuing the use for imaging for the healthcare industry and we had to find a software that aloud us to send and receive images.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Melissa, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Colin from Johns Hopkins Hospital

Ambra imaging software

Pros

I mostly use it to view images in conjunction with our EMR. Load times for images are OK, but definitely could be improved. The user interface is relatively easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes can be difficult to link shared planes in images so you can scroll them together for comparison and this could be improved. Would like images to load faster and should stay loaded even if you more to another set of images. That way if you come back it doesn't have to load them again.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Colin, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Chantel Hopper Customer Success Director chopper@ambrahealth.com

Nikki from X-Ray Copy Service, Inc.

Some pros, some cons. Overall good.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the ease of sending and receiving images. For the most part, that works pretty seamlessly. The interface is intuitive and easily accessible as well.

Cons

It's a little clunky when looking at images. When actually in the study, the interface is more confusing, I can't tell what thumbnails along the bottom belong with the study. The software takes a very long time to burn onto a disc and takes up a ton of space on the CD.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Nikki, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Chantel Hopper Customer Success Director chopper@ambrahealth.com

Anthony from Satnt Mary's

Great image sharint

I am able to interfac eand receive all needed DICOM medical images for reading

Pros

The quality of images and the expediency of sending the results

Cons

I don't have any negative feedback about this product.

Price

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Anthony, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Stephen from Barrow Neurologic Institute

Easy Peasy

We started as a more user friendly way to import outside facility images; now we use it as our complete solution, even for special use situations like our second opinion portal, our patient portal, and our mobile imaging units.

Pros

This is so easy and works in places that required hard copies or CD’s. The cloud makes it safe and accessible. This is the answer to our complete solution at a fraction of the price

Cons

The viewer is getting better and better.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied January 2019

Hi Dr. Papadopoulos, Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you and your team enjoy using Ambra! We look forward to continuing to work with you. Best, Jake Goldstein Customer Success Manager jgoldstein@ambrahealth.com

Candace from New England Baptist Hospital

Not a Radiologist!

With regard to complex spine deformity surgery, there is unquestionably a reduction in intra-operative delay previously due to manual measurement, inability to screen share with multiple images and/or access multi-modal views; directly benefitting our patients and surgeons.

Pros

Quick, user friendly, all access menu for review and selection of desired films and/or radiologist reports. Comprehensive menu options provide easy image manipulation for target viewing and multiple image view. Measurement tools provide ready intra-operative visualization and interpretation of angles, length or distance.

Cons

As of yet, I haven't encountered any situation in which I would hold Ambra (software) responsible. The provider is responsible for poorly executed studies, not the the purveyor.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Candace, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Anna Schmidt Customer Success Manager aschmidt@ambrahealth.com

RAYCE from SOC TELEMED

OVERALL GREAT SOFTWARE

Pros

I THINK AMBRA IS VERY USER FRIENDLY. IT DOES NOT TAKE LONG AT ALL TO KNOW HOW TO USE IT MOST EFFICIENTLY. 99% OF THE TIME, THE SOFTWARE WORKS PERFECTLY.

Cons

THE ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE IS THE SEARCHING ABILITY. YOU CAN ONLY SEARCH BY LAST NAME. I THINK THERE SHOULD BE ADDITIONAL OPTIONS TO SEARCH BY, SUCH AS, MEDICAL RECORD NUMBERS AND DATE OF BIRTHS. THIS WOULD MAKE THE SOFTWARE UNBEATABLE.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Rayce, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Jake Goldstein Customer Success Manager jgoldstein@ambrahealth.com

Diandra from ERT

Industry: Research

Ambra Health Review

Pros

This software is great for loading imaging files. You are able to create different sections in order to keep everything organized and the customer services is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

Sometimes files can be difficult to upload, especially if it is a large file. However, Ambra Health is very responsive in helping with uploads and have its own downloader in order to address the issue of large files.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2018

Diandra, Thank you so much for your review and feedback! I'm passing along your kind words to our entire team! Let me know if there is anything we can do for you! -Jason

Tyler from New England Baptist Hospital

A great Image management solution

I would 100% go with this solution again if the opportunity presented itself

Pros

Innovative, nimble, interoperability, user friendly, cost effective, customer service oriented company

Cons

The only con is sporadic and associated to being a web-based solution. The speed of image loading for viewing purposes can be dictated by the local internet traffic. While this is an infrequent occurrence, it is noticeable when it does happen.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Tyler, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Anna Schmidt Customer Success Manager aschmidt@ambrahealth.com

Good customer service

Pros

I liked Ambra's customer service, and their willingness to set up shared screen sessions upon short notice. These were incredibly useful to assist research sites in their uploads, and troubleshoot issues that I would not have been able to identify otherwise.

Cons

I feel like it could be easier for users/more user friendly- some of the research sites consistently had issues during upload. Maybe an instructional video? Calling the Ambra support number only connected you to surface-level assistance, while more of the issues that I experienced needed to be addressed by Ambra analysts.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Lisa from Jupiter Orthopedics and Sports Medicine

Practice Administrator

I have recommended Ambra to my colleagues as I see first hand how well it works and the value to the practice.

Pros

Easy to use and the customer service is the best. Responds immediately to issues no matter the importance or relevance.

Cons

We have not had any software issues. We are very satisfied with the software.

Reasons for Choosing Ambra Health

Cost mainly and recommendation from a colleague.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Alan from Mass. General Imaging Business Development

Ambra in the Developing World

Ambra has donated software for RAD-AID client sites. RAD-AID is an NGO whose mission is "To improve and optimize access to medical imaging and radiology in poor and developing regions of the world for increasing radiology’s contribution to global public health initiatives and patient care." Ambra's software has met our client's needs and they have been generous in support of RAD-AID's mission in theur donation of software and support personnel and have been gone above and beyond in being responsive to our client's needs.

Pros

Intuitive to use. Adapted for image sharing, cloud PACS, or local/onsite PACS. Flexible support for multiple organizations/sites. Robust workflow functionality.

Cons

Diagnostic interpretation functionality is relatively basic. Ambra is evolving to more robust functionality.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied January 2019

Alan, Thank you so much for your review. It has been wonderful working with RAD-AID, whose mission is one we very much believe in. We look forward to our ongoing partnership! Best, Chantel Hopper Director of Customer Success chopper@ambrahealth.com

MELISSA from Sharecare HDS

Makes Sharing Imaging Simple

Pros

Ease of sharing images between requesters Ease of downloading imaging file with all necessary viewers and components to review User friendly set up Many options for sharing or downloading images

Cons

Searching for a patient is oddly specific (i.e. DOB must be in mm-dd-yyyy format, doesn't recognize mm/dd/yyyy) Occasionally receive issues where thin studies are never retrieved

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

So much room to grow

Our CD burning issues, image sharing without a PACS and VPN's and external imaging with Epic integration have all been resolved and we can move towards creating better experiences for patients to access their images.

Pros

When we reached out to Ambra we had a very specific need and started out very small and everything was done manually knowing that there were many things offered by Ambra to help us reach goals we had when all the resources were in the right place. We're currently changing how we are using Ambra and their sales team and customer support have been among the best I've worked with.

Cons

I'm sure there's something, I just can't think of it now!

Response from Ambra Health

Replied January 2019

Hi there, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy that you enjoy using Ambra! We look forward to continuing to work with you. Best, Jake Goldstein Customer Success Manager jgoldstein@ambrahealth.com

Jason from University of Vermont Medical Center Health Network

Honest Ambra Review

Ambra has been great to work with, like any organization support could always be a little better, I have worked with some excellent support members from Ambra, whom are prompt, professional and get back to you in a timely manner, I have also dealt with the exact opposite, and has caused delays in service to our providers, which has been frustrating at times.

Pros

The Ease of use- functionality, and capabilities are far greater than our previous Cloud solution.

Cons

There is very little flexibility within the routing rules, and you'll need to understand DICOM data in order to construct firm routing rules.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Jason, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Yaco from JHCP

Ambra Review by Yaco

Everything has worked very well since using Ambra, the films upload pretty fast to the system and they are not hard to locate by using the patient name or medical record number.

Pros

The software is easy to learn how to use. When I logged in for the first time, it was very self explanatory. The plus for this is that we can share our uploaded images of our patients outside studies directly with JH imaging to have later for surgery.

Cons

When it comes to disks that have large studies, sometimes the disks freeze up or stop altogether. There has been times when I have had to restart my computer and start all over three times before it has run all the way through.

Lori from Envision Radiology

Capterra Ambra Health Software

Customer support is excellent, when there is an issue, the support team is always there to help with a resolution.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. The features are nice but there needs to be more flexibility for the end user. Easy to train new hires with this product.

Cons

More features are needed. There needs to be more attributes in my opinion.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied October 2019

Hi Lori, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Chantel Hopper Customer Success Director chopper@ambrahealth.com

lisa from weill cornell medicine

ambra review

it was a great software to use

Pros

quickness of uploading images for our physicians to use

Cons

sometimes it would take a while to upload

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Chantel Hopper Customer Success Director chopper@ambrahealth.com

Jason from Baptist Health South Florida

Great image exchange system - good service/support and lot of features

Ambra Health has been a great solution to assist with image exchange between facilities, eliminating delays and costs associated with CD/DVD imports. Great service and support from the staff! They are always willing to help. It has greatly improved our image exchange workflow in various areas.

Pros

Very helpful for facilitating image exchange between facilities.

Cons

Occasional service interruptions/server issues.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Aprielle from Johns Hopkins Hospital

Awesome program

it has made my work life much easier than ever to view discs

Pros

extremely easy to use. Just pop in your disc from any patient's choice of radiology facility. it can be viewed and saved.

Cons

sometimes it takes quite a long time depending on the size of the disc. MRIs take a really long time to download.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Aprielle, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Chantel Hopper Customer Success Director chopper@ambrahealth.com

Anthony from BSSC

Pros

I like that patients can upload studies remotely. Helps tremendously moving things along instead of tracking down discs in the mail or having the dropped off.

Cons

Would love to see a feature that lets you filter by body part (if a physician is only interested in shoulder studies, would help to remove all others from the list)

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Marisa from Texas Spine Consultants

Ambra Health Review

The overall experience with Ambra has been pretty good. There isn't much I wouldn't change.

Pros

The software was very user friendly. It is easy to sort through patients to make sure we have the correct imaging.

Cons

I do wish there was a way to burn imaging to a disc so that we can share those with our patients.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Marisa, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Ethan from Aspen Valley Hospital

Easy to use, Great customer support

Pros

Ease of use. Less expensive for the features privided.

Cons

We'd like to see a way to encrypt the CDs that are printed from Ambra.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Ethan, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Jake Goldstein Customer Success Manager jgoldstein@ambrahealth.com

sharon from Women's Excellence (Kellam and Associates)

Ease of use and great customer service

We were a new Mammography site without a radiologist on-site to read our mammography images, This software allows us to seamlessly team up with an offsite radiologist and help us provide the healthcare patients deserve.

Pros

It is very easy to learn and adapt to this software. It is very straightforward

Cons

I always have to contact a representative if I have an imaging study that has to be removed after it has been approved and sent to our Radiology team to be read

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Sharon, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Joseph from Grand Rounds

A User Perspective

Usually seamless easy use except when loading large studies.

Pros

Easy to load images and multiple image studies

Cons

length of time it takes for upload/downloads. Loading images into the system slows down my work station and can take a long time for image intensive studies

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Joseph, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Jake Goldstein Customer Success Manager jgoldstein@ambrahealth.com

Matthew from McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Center at Houston

SHaring made easy

Pros

Sharing data files with colleagues is so easy with this. We have linked two separate medical records systems (Dental School and Medical School) to allow our cleft clinic to share data files without having to reimage patients.

Cons

Search function isn't as easy as google search.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Matthew, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

Robert from United Network for Organ Sharing

Strong APIs some mobile concerns

Ambra Health has been a pleasure to work with. Ambra Health's APIs a very mature. They made their techical resources available to us to fully integrate Ambra Health image sharing into our product.

Pros

Ambra Health has a strong API architecture that has allowed us to seamlessly integrate Ambra Health into our custom application Customer Service Customer Support

Cons

I'm concerned about the moblile capablities. The web-based mobile viewer doesn't seem very intuitive and is quite different from web-based desktop viewer. I'm concerned that we will not be able to integrate the mobile app into our solution. I also wonder if Ambra Health has enough presence within hospitals as an image sharing solution. Will hosptials be unwilling to install yet another gateway in their environment in order to share image studies directly with us.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Robert, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Jake Goldstein Customer Success Manager jgoldstein@ambrahealth.com

Maria Evangeline from JohnsHopkins Hospital

Some problems

AMBRA is very efficient, if only if, the computer is compatible enough to speed in uploading images

Pros

The AMBRA Software helps our patient to upload their images externally

Cons

In our system , AMBRA takes 5-15 minutes of our time, while doing our work.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019

Hi Maria Evangeline, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Chantel Hopper Customer Success Director chopper@ambrahealth.com

Ellen from Washington University

Industry: Research

Ambra review

Pros

It's fast and easy to use. The upload email confirmations come fast, and are very helpful for future queries.

Cons

Query correspondence via email. We get daily query reminders. It would be extremely nice to get a list just once a week.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied November 2019

Hi Ellen, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to our continued partnership. Best, Lucas Voli Customer Success Specialist lvoli@ambrahealth.com

AMBRAhealth

Pros

The simplicity of the platform makes my job as a project manager easier when dealing with clients. The support email is convenient to help clients with any issues so I do not have to.

Cons

There were only a few times where there were notification issues but they were fixed right away.

Response from Ambra Health

Replied September 2019