• Pros

• "Easy to use , even for someone older can usually pick up it up! Very user friendly! I would recommend it over compulink any day!"

• "Azalea is extremely user friendly. I have worked with many EHR platforms and this one is the easiest by far to use for administrative tasks. "

• "Very good customer service. Very easy to use Electronic Medical Record."

• Cons

• "The only downside is that the system is dependant on reliable internet connections due to being cloud based. "

• "Occasional parts that need to be tweaked, may not get done because the developers are very busy with more pressing issues."

• "I do not like how you have to be authorized to take payments. I understand I am a technician, but I also take payments from patients due to me being cross trained into other areas."

Browse Azalea Health Reviews

EHR that Actually Has Functions for Multiple Areas of Healthcare

We don't use the RCM, but the ability of Azalea to do different things from order sets, to eMARs, to simple visit notes is helpful and allows for a more seamless process in the workplace.

Pros

Unlike most EHRs, this one has features that come in use across the different healthcare areas. Built for hospital systems with satellite offices, it has ambulatory options and inpatient hospital options, which integrate demographic information between both options.

Cons

It costs a bit more than other software, but it's beyond worth it. There are a few things that I'm sure they will continue to upgrade in the future, like information flow between hospital and ambulatory systems.

Hitham from Azalea Neuro and Spine Clinic

A peace of mind

Pros

Fast and timely claims handling means reimbursement in fastest time possible. Hassle and worry free process. Diligent follow up on denials to maximize returns. I am able to print and view reports about accounts receivables, collections and payors at any time and for any period. All this at a reasonable cost and a peace of mind. Customer Service is great and very responsive.

Cons

None. Compared to several years of having my own staff with all the hassles that go along with that and having employees embezzle funds, having azalea health meant having security and transparency.

Mike from Ageless Men's Health

Finally! An EHR customized for any size practice!

I have worked with 5 EHR companies prior to Azalea Health. Customization has always been difficult with my previous vendors. Azalea Health started out of the gate asking our company how we operate. Unlike many solo practices, we have 34 locations across the country (and more anticipated soon). Azalea, along with our customer account rep, developed very user friendly templates. Each individual clinician can create templates to suit their practice, specialty. Also, online, there are many templates that are downloadable that will work in many situations until you can develop a good sense of designing your own templates. When it came to ICD9 to ICD10 changeover, Azalea did all the legwork. They have updates several times and we are able to better select more appropriate codes by searching simple descriptions. Azalea has even notated which codes may be inadequate for use (highlighted in red for ease of seeing). There is rarely any downtime in which Azalea is at fault. Having a cloud based EHR, there are occasional (not often) outages related to Google or other server issues. Azalea Health has been very responsive with our requests for updates/additions. They do have a process to follow and so, at times, your request may take longer than you think it should, but it is on their "to do list". Often, within a couple of updates, our requests become live.

Pros

I love the ease of use compared to other EHRs I have used in the past. The customer service response has always had that "small town appeal" but their ability and the programmers' knowledge is nothing but higher tier.

Cons

As stated before, if the entirety of the internet could be constantly live with no downtime, there would be hardly any issues. Between Google sites, server issues, and remote trouble with "internet health", I would like to have much less downtime. It doesn't occur that often, but who wouldn't want less. :)

Bonnie from Alabama Colon and Rectal Institute

Awesome

I can't begin to say enough about Azalea. I know its hard to believe people but if we had to purchase an EHR right now and knowing what we know, Azalea would be the one we would go to. The one thing I like the most is that when new regulations like MACRA or PQRS comes out, Azalea has already done the leg work for us. We just have to follow suit. They stay on top of all regulations from Medicare to Blue Cross because they do all aspects of a medical office. They have so many people that work for Azalea that give their input on what they need to make this one of the best EHR in the country.

Pros

One of the best things I like about Azalea is that it does not go down very often. If it goes down, it is usually because of Google not because of Azalea.

Cons

The best thing I love about Azalea is that it updates to our changing world of medicine every time something new comes out. For example, the ICD-9 codes changing to ICD-10. All we had to do is learn the codes. Azalea entered the codes into the system. When there are new ways for billing staff or front desk staff to make their jobs easier, Azalea is already on it. Most the time we don't have to ask but if we do, they implement it for us.

Deb from Siouxland Adult Medicine

Frustrating system much of the time with no answers, fixes and angry patients.

MIPS is almost impossible to do with the reports available. Wish there was more flexibility in what info you want when running reports. Some reports aren't fully inclusive. I was running a report for females over 35, and had alot of patients that just didn't show up on the list. Many measures aren't available through Azalea so you are limited on your choices.. We managed to get through MIPS by going throiugh a 3rd party company and entering much of the information one patient at a time.

Pros

EMR and EHR are in 1 program which we didn't have before. We attended the Azalea annual seminar last year and the people employed by Azalea are very friendly. Small group, so you know names of those you work with, but can be a downfall because people are often gone on vacation/training/ working from home etc. and hard to get answers timely.

Cons

We were with SimplifyMD prior, and we loved some of the features that are no longer available.Billing errors frustrate our patients and you can count on angry calls and visits from our wonderful patients after invoices go out. Patients are billed for the full balance before insurance has finished processing. Sometimes, not always, but don't know what to expect. Medicaid patients receiving bills, which should NEVER happen. If 1 thing is denied on insurance, they rebill the ENTIRE thing, even the ones that were approved. Never seen things done this way. Then it gets sloppy with insurance denials on things that were already paid. Hard to tell what is what. Don't understand why they can't seperate the 1 line item?? 2 yr old recoups, not to mention, 100s of recoups in general! I could go on. I have someone that teaches coding and billing reviewing the mess we have right now.

Jolene from Women's Telehealth

Azalea Customer Service is EXCELLENT

I have figured out a LOT of work-arounds to make Azalea work well for our practice, especially with the TASKing function. Would still like to see some better tracking for Authorizations and improvement on the primary/2ndary insurances - they should work based on the effective/term dates and many times you have to manually match them up. Would be GREAT if they were driven by date and type.

Pros

Very user friendly - easy to train new staff on the functionality. Love the service ticket option as the response is typically quite fast and you can track the progress without calling., though when I do call in - the customer service reps are great. Lance has saved me many, many times.

Cons

Lots of duplicate documents in charts as there is no lock-out on documents when other users are in them (specifically in the SFAX). When 2 users label a document concurrently - it creates 2 of that document. Would be great to have a lock-out feature that does not allow you to do ANYTHING on a document when there is another user in that document.

Laurie from Ageless Men's Health

Overall a well rounded product

Overall, its a good product-it has all the functions needed for small or large practices. Not too much, not too little.

Pros

Easy to use-simple click and point process. Easy for a entry level employee to use. Azalea is willing to accept and implement user ideas for upgrades. Auto downloading of eras is the best feature-no paying a payment poster to spend hours manually entering payments-automate the system with Trizetto-a clearinghouse Azalea partners with. Great support staff-tickets are handled quickly and efficiently.

Cons

So of the reports are time consuming to extract the data you are looking for. Agings for example-no aging report that gives a total overall account balance on one line. The combined aging is line by line. The primary insurance aging only gives insurance, pt. aging gives patient balances. Need a report that combines the two and gives one line item balance per patient. Sometimes the upgrades will mess up other processes and that can be frustrating.

LARRY from Athens Bone and Joint

Excellent EHR

Overall a good EHR. We used it in a multiple provider orthopedic practice. It seemed to be capable of setting up macros for use as a true EHR. However, most of us still dictated and had it uploaded. Most of us just didn't' want to take the time to set up macros.

Pros

Flexibility- it seemed to have all the options of making it very user friendly and customization Quick learning curve- a lot of the menus were intuitive making early navigation easy

Cons

Sometimes looking for extra pieces of information, like old operative notes, took a few extra clicks looking around. Imaging not accessible from the main program. We had to run a separate PACS system to look at films.

Shawn from Vandemark Plastic Surgery

Best billing and EMR company

I have been with you health for 7-8 years. I have used not only their billing service but also there electronic medical records. Their EMR is very user-friendly. It has surpassed my needs and expectations. The billing portion has also been an asset to my practice. My revenues increased when they took over my billing practice. Their customer care is excellent. Any time I have had a problem or question, I have been able to talk to a person directly to work out and solve that problem. They go above and beyond what a normal company would do to help make things run better. They are also very open to suggestions to improve their billing and electronic medical records and encourage and implement your suggestions. I don't think you could find a better company to help manage your practice.

Sandy from ERH Healthcare

Best EMR I've ever used!

Pros

Exceptional customer service. IT department always returns your phone calls. The revenue cycle team is always available and willing to help with any issue and listens to the concerns of the client. Product is easy to use. The development team will work with the client to customize the product to suit needs if at all possible.

Cons

ePrescribing is clumsy. A (better) medical dictionary should be incorporated for those who are spelling challenged. Providers complain that systems does not allow the review of the hierarchical codes for ICD-10.

Amber from Atlanta Insomnia & Behavioral Health Services, P.C.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Azalea is by far the most user friendly EHR platform for an administrator that I've ever worked with.

Azlea's customer service is always friendly and helpful, but occasionally I've had to request an update to a ticket more than once before getting a reply.

Pros

Cons

Creating superbills, or facesheets in Azalea speak, is not quite as intuitive as the rest of the functions. The resulting sheet to send to the patient does have the professional appearance we would prefer.

Sandra from Cedar Family Practice

Modern EHR

We needed a program that was useful both for charting and billing. We have used other programs that did not meet the new federal requirements although they were very easy to use. We started with Azalea a year ago and are still working the bugs out of the billing portion as we have had to make many changes to accommodate our rural health clinic. The providers are very satisfied with the information accessible through the EHR section of the program. They have been very resistant to using a computerized chart system but are slowing becoming used to it.

Pros

Azalea is user friendly and the support team has been wonderful throughout the set up and any changes that have occurred over the past year.

Cons

Medication refills are done through Dr First and you have to switch programs to look into a patient chart if there is any question regarding the refill.

Matthew from Gruber Medical Group

Quality and value

I have been using this software for the last seven years. I have received nothing but professional quality help from Azalea Health. Our income went up six and a half percent over the previous billing company period and our EMR is a lot more efficient than our previous server-based EMR. Anytime I have a question about the EMR there is always someone to answer quickly and accurately. I would highly recommend the Azalea Health products.

Pros

The ease-of-use. The quality of product for the price.

Cons

Dependence on an internet provider.

Paula from Arbor foot health

Podiatrist asst

It would be nice if we could understand the changes to billing so we can help patients

Pros

Cons

Not too many cons but biggest one is I use to be able to figure out the billing if I was asked from a patient. I can no longer figure it out and refer them all to billing at azalea

Matthew from Gruber Medical Group

Ease of use.

Pros

A simple and effective product to conform to your practice needs. Once the templates are set up to the practice processes, the system flows effortlessly. Azalea customer support usually has an answer for any questions within a couple of hours.

Natalie from Celebration Orthopaedics & sports Medicine

I love Azalea!!!

Pros

I appreciate the ease and functionalities of almost every aspect of Azalea. They diligently work on creating new things that make running a clinic smoother. They are preparing us for a future of technology in the medical field.

Cons

I'm not too keen on using their current e-fax, s-fax is not the greatest for a large practice.

LARRY from Athens Bone and Joint

Really good EMR

Pros

The program is very user friendly and can be used by anyone with prior computer/EMR experience with little training or coaching. Very adaptable to many specialties and capable of many templates by user design.

Cons

Adaptability takes time to set up Stock templates not very applicable to our practice Uses quite a bit of RAM

Felix from Swift Health Urgent Care

Best EMR Software for start up practices

We have been only in practice for under 10 years, and I started with the free software that is on the market. However as our practice grew we required more than just patient demo graphics and charting. We needed software that would be able to optimize our entire front to back end office functions inclusive of charting. We reviewed other comparable software before making our final choice. Our practice manager consultant who assisted in this process really helped us in making the decision by demonstrating how Azalea Health platform would be able to meet our growing needs. This platform is truly the best software for start up practices and we wish Azalea Health all the best in the near future.

Pros

User Accountability, ease of use, and functions

Cons

Support portal, we prefer a phone call sometimes.

Michael from Neurology Outreach Clinics

Excellent, User Friendly

Pros

The ease of use and functionality of the program. Its an all in one program. Customer support is fast to respond.

Cons

would be nice to show if a fax went through when sending in assembly and would be nice if in the fax folder it showed the name of who the fax is from

Eneida from Celebration Orthopaedics & sports med

Awesome Product

Pros

Everything! Almost every vendor and product that is partnered with Azalea, brings a lot of ease to your job.

Cons

The software itself is not bad, but I am not the biggest fan of our s-fax and the current company that handles our reminder calls for appointments.

AJ from UBHS

Industry: Mental Health Care

Improved Practice Management

Best tech and Billing support Ive worked with. From out sales representative to our billing coordinator,, Ive yet to have a bad interraction with someone at Azalea.

Pros

In nine month with Azalea weve seen increases in revenue and reduction in administrative time. Each month we are discovering more ways to use the features to optimize the work at our practice.

Cons

As the Operations Director Ive yet to find cons with our move to Azalea. I might look to have extended some of our training on the uses of reports but thats a hard call as we needed data in the system to see the value.

Joseph from DeKalb-Gwinnett OB/GYN PC

As usual, appropriate answers just when i need them.

Pros

Ease of use; flexibility to use my own forms. Good support when I need it. Good price. Good handling of the work flow.

Taylor from Athens Bone and Joint

Review of Azalea Health

We have been very pleased with the Azalea product and their customer service. We have a monthly check in call with our Account Manager, when we discuss new needs and receive updates about improvements on the horizon. The Azalea software has adapted to our clinic flow quite nicely.

Pros

easy

Cons

none

richard from Celebration Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Institute

I have worked on over 30 different EMR / EHR's and Azalea is by the far the easist one to transition to , by far...

I would highly recommend Azalea to anyone looking to transition to a new system.

Pros

Ease of use, hands down, as a Practice Administrator with little or no down time, I find their support team and learning videos to be one of the best. We also utilize Azalea's billing team and our aging has never been so clean, great job.

Cons

As I am always asking for upgrades, they have to prioritize all request based on the number of requests they receive, so your request may not get resolved timely.

Cila from SGEP

Working With Azalea

Pros

Easy to use. When having to look up patients and their information very easy to navigate.

Cons

It tends to shut down and not work often. Sometimes it takes a while to get the system to work.

Shannon from Restaurants

I love Azalea !!!

I worked in pain management. The doctor I worked for just opened his own private practice and we used azalea. Let me just say it made things run smoothly!!!

Pros

The software in its self made my job so easy. Once I figured it out it was all downhill. Love the organization for sure!!

Cons

Just trying to learn all the different features. It is very complex but can be a good thing.

Shelby from Koala Center for Sleep Disorders

Good program for PCP

Pros

Technical support is great and so helpful. Easy software to use and train other employees. The price is very reasonable.

Cons

There is a charge for other features if you want to use them. If someone else is in a chart at the same time you are it does not save your changes.

October 2015

John from Lowndes County Partnership for Health

October 2015

Very intuitive Electronic Health Record; super customer service

Pros

Ease of navigation; great customer service; respond quickly to problems and needs; constantly improving product

Cons

Can't think of any negatives. I am going to have to start making up things if this won't let me finish it.

Joe from Gulf Coast Professional Billing

December 2015

Unbelievably easy to use, great interface with EMR system

Pros

I like the fact that the customer service has a small town feel/personable level to it, however the Azalea product is cutting edge/state of the art system.

Cons

Not enough custom options on the system for individual users.

Wesley from Myers Plastic Surgery

Not the EMR for a busy practice.

Horrible. Sophomoric. You will quickly learn the mantra, "We are sorry but our EMR is down and we will have to call you back later to schedule your appointment"

Pros

I really cannot find one redeeming quality with regarding to this EMR.

Cons

They have constant shutdowns during working hours. Guaranteed to deny you access to your own files when you have a busy clinic. Everyday I regret having agreed to use this EMR.

DENICE from Shawn Bonsell, MD PA

SCHEDULER/OFFICE MANAGER

Pros

FOR OVER 5 YEARS WE HAVE STRUGGLED WITH THE DECISION TO CONVERT TO A NEW EMR. WE HAD BEEN WITH LEONARDOMD FOR 15 YEARS AND "SET IN OUR WAYS". (BEING 65 YRS OLD DOESN'T HELP EITHER) THIS HAS BEEN UNDOUBTEDLY THE EASIEST TRANSITION FOR ALL OF OUR STAFF. THE SUPPORT STAFF AT AZALEA HAVE BEEN EXACTLY THAT, " EXTREMELY SUPPORTIVE"!! THEY HAVE BEEN SO HELPFUL WHEN WE HAVE REACHED OUT TO THEM WITH PROMPT RESPONSE. I LOVE IT! AND WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

Cons

I HAVE NO CONS !

David from Candler County Hospital

Candler Experience

Pros

Very good customer service. Very easy to use Electronic Medical Record.

Cons

The online provider training at start up can be challenging. On site would be better!

Michael from Neurology Outreach Clinics

December 2015

Great Experience and always trying to improve

Pros

Azalea is very user friendly and everything you need to run a smooth and efficient clinic is in one program. They are constantly working to improve the software and listen to their customers about what is needed.

Cons

The faxing system and filing center could use some improvements

Sandra from Cedar Family Practice

Azalea is easy to use.

If there is ever an issue , it is usually resolved the same day.

Pros

The fact that it is easy to use and that customer service and technical help is right at our fingertips.

Cons

Some of the features are not included , and are a separate charge, other than that there has not been an issue that technical support has not dealt with in a timely manner.

Ashley from South Georgia Eye Partners

Azalea

Pros

I like how you are able to see multiple office's schedules. It makes it easier to schedule appointments for the patient without them having to call different offices within the same practice.

Elizabeth from Union General Hospital The Clinic at Wal-Mart

Azalea Rocks!

Azalea's EMR is the third I have used and I believe it is the best! It is very user friendly, adaptable, and the support team is amazing!

Pros

What's not to like?! Since it is web-based, I can chart at home if I so choose. Stock templates are fantastic but I can add and modify as desired. The lay out of the chart notes are seamless and very pleasing to the eye when printed.

Cons

Can't think of any!

cila from SGEP

Working With Azalea

Pros

I have only been using Azalea for about 1 year. I have enjoyed working with Azalea. It is very easy to navigate, post, and search for patients.

Cons

Sometimes when I post patients charges and codes the cost of the charge does not populate.

Nima from Nima P. Patel MD PC

The implementation process was seamless

Pros

The mobile access is great. The practice management piece of Azalea works well and it is integrated with the clearinghouse

Cons

The EMR part is very basic and needs customization. Also posting payments is a little complication. It would be better if it was a little easier to post payments

Daniel from Celebration Orthopaedics

Great

Pros

This software, the one that I use for work is very easy to use. I completely understood my way around the software within a day.

Cons

One thing that I don't like about this software, is that, when I am logged into my personal computer, I lose connection very frequently.

ASHLEY from South Georgia North Florida Eye Partners

I have had a great experience with Azalea. It is straight forward and very easy to navigate.

Pros

I love the simplicity, yet thoroughness it provides. Everything is easily categorized and accessible.

Cons

I would say the only con (if really a con) is the limitations for each user.

Elizabeth from Union General Hospital The Clinic at Wal-Mart

I love Azalea!

Pros

The system is very user friendly and almost intuitive! Azalea Health has supplied our clinic with a wonderful EMR which I am so happy with; Azalea makes my work life so much easier!

Cons

It is very hard to come up with something that I am not happy about as far as the product and the service team goes. The only thing that I can come up with is that I wish it were a little easier to review a chart without accidentally starting a new chart or the worry of importing old data into a new chart when I am reviewing an old chart.

Wesley from Myers Plastic Surgery

Horrible

My previous EMR was bought by Azalea and I was forced to switch. This EMR has been a thorn in my side since I switched. My staff does nothing but complain.

Pros

There is not one redeeming quality about this EMR. I have used everything from EPIC to cloud based EMRs. This EMR is at the bottom.

Cons

This is a very cumbersome and confusing EMR. The screens are not intuitive and the system is extremely hard to navigate.

James from Physical Therapy Concepts

Patient statements are pathetic

I have begged for changes but nothing so far!!

Pros

Right now, I can't find anything that my billing company does with Azaela that I like. Hopefully things will change!

Cons

System is slow and complicated! Patient statements are 3-4 pages long with lots of things on them that the patient does not need to know!! Do not recommend!

Tasha from Phycinity PLLC

Azalea Health is an easy system to use.

Pros

We have been using Azalea Health for about 10 months and we love it. The system is very user friendly and easy for the staff to get their charts done quickly for the provider.

Cons

The only cons I would say coming from the nursing side is that there isn't a lot of option for the telephone note and referral templates.