• Pros

• "It is very easy to use, keeps a record of what has been done on a patient's account, it is great for notes."

• "Best product on the market! Too many other ehrs are way too expensive for what they feature! Love bestnotes!"

• "Great way to organize patient files. It's easy to use and understand. Can be organized and separated by facilities (we bill for multiple facilities)."

• Cons

• "The look is kind of old or plain I suppose. But that is not a real complaint I have, just what I like the least."

• "Larger files upload very slowly, and sometimes not at all. But that's to be expected with large files. "

• "Sometimes it runs really slowly. We aren't able to upload more than 8 pages at a time."

Browse BestNotes Reviews

sheri from The Clearview Center, Inc.

Best Customer Service and Easy to Use

The calendar feature for all of our therapists to coordinate has been extremely helpful. The group notes are automatically placed in the client file and has saved countless hours.

Pros

After trying several EHR free trial offers, BestNotes provided the best price for my smaller business and was the most responsive in following-up in a timely and professional manner. An important feature is how customizable and flexible the software is, any form that we use is able to be incorporated into the system. The most impressive feature is the customer service. I felt overwhelmed and anxious about switching systems but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were extremely patient and explained every aspect that I needed, I never feel rushed or minimized. The software has features that organize our client files more throughly and efficiently.

Cons

I appreciate that BestNotes creates billing and invoices I wish I could submit claims through BestNotes.

Reasons for Choosing BestNotes

Customer Service was above and beyond the others. The price was affordable for a small business. The knowledge of mental health and substance abuse rules and regulations, along with updates at no additional charge was a plus. I really felt BestNotes understood the issues and concerns of my business and would work along side me to solve any questions or trouble, which they have.

James from BRC Recovery

Excellent CRM

Overall our experience with BestNotes has been great. Their support staff is really on top of things. We are very much looking forward to what BestNotes Fresh has to bring.

Pros

I think the CRM functions of this software are fantastic. We run a multi-facility drug and alcohol treatment center and BestNotes certainly meets the needs for the varying levels of complexity that each client's chart needs based on their level of care. The note templates are highly customizable and the reporting functions have been a massive asset as tool for our chart audits.

Cons

Honestly, our biggest problems with BestNotes come from its integration with other software and the eMAR. As a CRM BestNotes functions well, but we use an integration with DrFirst for ePrescribe that disrupts some functionality within BestNotes. We also use a lab integration through HalfPenny that has been left wanting. The eMAR is nice to have, but the ability to audit and track medication changes is fairly limited at this point.

Reasons for Choosing BestNotes

Cost was a big factor in our decision. We have also had experience with BestNotes before.

Debbbie from Waterford Counseling LLC

Best notes in Review

Overall Best notes has worked well for our company. It has a lot of information that I don't use, that is why they customize it for you.

Pros

With the mental health industry that I am in we need to have complete records that are hippa compliant. Best notes complies with everything I need to have safe and secure records,

Cons

Once a client assessment is put in best notes it will duplicate name and certain things about the client each time you enter a new note, you wont need to enter again. If you want to change any of the paperwork to make it your own they will change and update to your liking.

Reasons for Choosing BestNotes

Price of Best notes was good compared to most. The customer service they offered was huge , they were great and they take the time to explain things.

Michelle from InnerSourced Solutions, LLC

You Get What You Pay For

I really wanted to love BestNotes but I regretted my decision straight away. Having the trial was useless because the system is cumbersome but I thought it was just me. Thus stuck with in site of my concern, hoping things would get easier/better but that never happened. Lesson learned for selecting them based on a non-clinician referral who clearly didn't know any better. BestNotes reps acknowledge that little has changed with the platform in the past 15 years (since its inception) and it shows. They insist a new product is underway although they have no information on when it will be released. Think this said to merely pacify customers. I assume they gain and keep some customers due to the low price but using the software is like stepping into a time warp. I'd rather pay more money for a modern, user friendly system that can be used across device and is truly web based rather than a low price for a grossly outdated system. This EHR needs a complete overall!

Pros

The price for this EHR is phenomenal and BestNotes has the potential to be great. I like that you can add your own customized forms. The scripted treatment plan goals are better than most as they are measurable (but BestNotes did take some short cuts by simply repeating the same goals over and over).

Cons

As many users have been indicating since 2016, BestNotes is looks like something from the 1900's. Thus the systems uses a lot of odd symbols from the 1990's (such as a floppy disk).There seems to be no consistency with font size across pages. Some of the templates have typos. Minor clients that require parental signature consent forms is ridiculously complicated. They systems uses a lot of their own made up acronyms that are confusing. Many of the videos/self help guides are outdated or otherwise irrelevant. It is clunky, grossly outdated, has an ugly interface, and is not intuitive. This system is not web based, you have to download the software application on your computer, the client portal is practically useless since clients cant self schedule or pay a bill there, and have to contract with a third party for billing thereby increasing your costs. Sadly, the staff are nice enough but can be a bit condescending if you cant quickly make sense out of the madness that is BestNotes that they have normalized.

Response from BestNotes

Replied June 2019

Thanks for your feedback Michelle. I'm sorry you had such a painful experience. Respectfully, there are a few points that I would like to clarify. First, you mentioned that documentation can be confusing and clunky. It's true that BestNotes is customizable to a fault and we've taken some significant steps to make things easier. We hired a clinical director and after 3 years of Research/Development, we've released an entire set of behavioral health and addiction treatment focused documentation (from Admission to Discharge) that considers Joint Commission, CARF, Payer and common State/County regulations. The best part is that we keep this documentation updated for you. As regulations change, so does your documentation one less thing to worry about! Unfortunately, Capterra only have gives us 1000 characters to reply to your feedback. Quickly, BestNotes is entirely web-based, includes a lot of internal billing tools and we haven't stopped developing our current version.

BestNotes Fits our Practice Well

Pros

BestNotes has the functionality to support a practice with multiple different departments and offerings. We offer outpatient and residential substance abuse services as well as medical and mental health services. Finding an EHR that would compliment our service offerings was difficult, but BestNotes is doing a great job.

Cons

When initially setting up and getting familiar with the EHR you receive top tier support, after the initial period, however, support is not as responsive. BestNotes also isn't quite as polished as some competitors, but what they lack in visual design, they make up for in the customization and flexibility.

Reasons for Switching to BestNotes

Kareo did not offer the flexibility that we needed in a clinical setting like we offer. Their forms were rigid and Kareo did not offer the customization we needed to match our diverse offerings.

Chris from BHIC

Best EMR System I Have Ever Used

I am able to manage clients across three mental health facilities all on one platform.

Pros

The software is extremely reliable and the maintenance times never impact our ability to treat clients. The ability to have multiple users at a set price point. The BN customer service experience has always been a joy!

Cons

None, I have yet to come across a need that the team was unable to meet.

User Friendly

Reasons for Switching to BestNotes

BestNotes has the best price option and the on boarding process was World Class!

Response from BestNotes

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your support Chris! We're really excited about our future developments - we hope to make your experience with BestNotes even better!

April from Hospital & Health Care

BestNotes, is one of my top picks for a busy Therapist with a heavy case load.

Overall, I have found that this changes the climate/morale in the office. Communication is clearer when all staff are signers on notes. I love this feature simply because, it ensures we are all on the same page, and collaboratively as a whole/team we are all directly involved in each clients treatment. This program saves you time, you're certainly not limited and are given the freedom to include a lot of detail. This system makes it great for insurance purposes, and licensing inspections. My job is so much easier.

Pros

I like that you can add as much as you need to your advancement notes and don't need to simply check boxes or what have you like different frameworks. At the point when you are in medical care, your encounters don't regularly fit in a case. At the point when you are making a clinical note, you can add certain underwriters, similar to a read receipt to keep everybody responsible which is likewise extremely supportive.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any real cons about the program aside from the fact that, each staff member needs to be adequately trained prior to utilizing the software in order to ensure proper use, this is not a real requirement so to speak, I just feel as though if you're trained on how to use the Software, it will save time for questions that perhaps you would otherwise need to wait on a supervisor to answer.

Lindsy from Claim Path Solutions

BestNOTes

Overall, My experience has only been frustration with BestNotes. I would recommend another EHR/EMR when thinking about what would be best for your ENTIRE practice, from the front end to the back. Patient Check-in to the billing that goes out.

Pros

When thinking about what I like best about this product, it's difficult. The reason being is there are so many different ways it can be used by each provider/practice. the one thing I would be the "notes" system.

Cons

Being a third party biller who utilizes an EMR/EHR system, having a system that offers reporting, and easy to navigate options is a plus. BestNotes does not offer that. BestNotes makes it easy for providers to chart and customize ever field to tailor to the practice and provider needs but does not take the "billing" aspect of the practice into account.

Response from BestNotes

Replied June 2020

Hi Lindsy! Thanks for your review. I'm sorry your billing experience hasn't exceeded your expectations. I would love to connect for a short demonstration to show you all the features you're looking for. For example, we offer over 60+ out-of-the-box reports where 10 of them are dedicated to billing. We've also standardized the clinical and billing workflows using our "Profiles" of documentation. These profiles are created and maintained by our in-house clinical team and outside clinical advisory board. We keep documentation updated for you while staying in compliant with Joint Commission and CARF. In addition, we work with 30+ 3rd-party billing companies who enjoy free access to BestNotes. We also customize workflows and reports for billers like you. Please give us a call today so we can improve your experience! 855-489-1792

Jose Gregorio from CRP

Industry: Mental Health Care

BestNotes to organize your mind !!

So far I have had to install this system to more than 30 people and none have expressed unwanted comments about the operation and operation of the system. They are very satisfied customers because of the way they organize medical information and how they access it.

Pros

BestNotes is a cloud based health or medical records system. Conceptualized for small and medium clinics. BestNotes offers applications for mobile devices on Android and iOS.

Cons

BestNotes has managed to satisfy the need to solve the complex task of managing patient documents. It is a software that covers all the administrative aspects to handle medical documents. It has a practical, simple and fast search systems. Its interface has the information well ordered so that the medical authority can make a diagnosis. The more medical history a patient has, the order of visualization of the data is decisive for a diagnosis and this system does it very well.

Natsumi from Nina Minagawa Psychological Services

User Friendly

Very good. Surely, I was nervous using it at the beginning, but my transition to this software was very smooth.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and BestNotes' Customer services are also very well trained. I love it!

Cons

I don't remember any difficulty to use this software. This was my first online Medical record software.

Jay from Community Behavioral Health Solutions

Superb Customer Support

The best part is that now I don't worry when I can't figure something out because the Tech Support team is so good, and friendly, and understanding - I know that we are going to figure it out together. I call frequently and I have NEVER been disappointed. In an age where customer service is becoming an oxymoron, BestNotes has restored my faith!

Pros

Overall it is pretty flexible and easy to use, and is a very good value for the price. There are some limitations, and it is not always intuitively obvious how to do certain things, but the customer support is superb, and once the support team explains how to do things, I am finding the software easier and easier to use.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to figure out how to do seemingly relatively simple things, such as print a document or scan/email files without technical support. Additionally, the file size constraints can be a limitation when working with government agencies who have extremely large patient files

Reasons for Choosing BestNotes

Our decision to purchase BestNotes happened before I joined the company so I am not sure what specific products were considered, but my understanding is that the decision was made due to our small size and the cost savings

Response from BestNotes

Replied October 2020

Hi Jay! Thanks for your review! I will pass on your kind words to our support team :) I'm looking forward to showing you our new version of BestNotes when it's ready. We've done a tremendous amount of work to make things simple and intuitive. The best part is that we're going to grandfather your current rate in so we won't have to pay more for the core product. Please stay tuned!

Adam from Renaissance Ranch Idaho Falls

Best Notes is Amazing

Honestly what makes Best Notes a great tool and asset for our organization is the Best Notes team. The product itself is great but the people behind the scenes are what make it amazing. I have never had a bad interaction with a Best Notes team member. Furthermore, they are very quick to support and to resolve issues. I have confidence if I have a question or a request, it will be treated fairly and promptly. I love the people I have had the pleasure of speaking to in person and online.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the level to which it can be customized to fit the needs of the organization.

Best Notes was suggested by other branches of Renaissance Ranch

Christina from Straight Walk Family Services, Inc

Industry: Individual & Family Services

"Bang for your Buck"

As an outpatient therapist, this system allows is so user friendly and to have the customer support to help make forms that was already in place and not charge is a wonderful experience.

Pros

This software allows you to easily navigate the system. Easy to understand and straight forward. Your able to still use your same consumer forms instead of paper its now electronic.

Cons

When we first started we were unable to send patient forms to clients. You can't bill directly from the system. 2019 North Carolina states we had to be able to exchange information to other companies and BestNotes did not allow that feature at that time.

Reasons for Choosing BestNotes

Cost, the features that BestNotes offer is amazing and the system is easy to navigate.

Reasons for Switching to BestNotes

Advance MD was very expensive when I first started as a small company and not tailored towards mental health

Ryan from New Destiny Treatment Center

Industry: Mental Health Care

EMR to stay productive, efficient and compliant

Though I am extremely pleased with the BestNotes platform, it is their customer care and industry knowledge that sets them apart. BestNotes software support is second to none - immediate, knowledgeable support from a dedicated team. Quite possibly the best benefit of BestNotes is their regulatory input. Especially for a non-profit organization like ours. It can be incredibly difficult to stay up to date on the ever-changing regulations. Knowing that we have a partner we can rely on to help keep us compliant though all of the changing regulations is a huge benefit to us.

Pros

What do I like most about BestNotes? I could say the intuitive, easy to use layout. Or the customizable documentation. Or the incredibly robust reporting. Or the fact that it is routinely updated to stay compliant with all applicable regulatory agencies. Or maybe the fact that if I have any questions, knowledgeable help is immediately available.

Cons

I would like to see more template-wide customization options, (i.e. removing components that aren't applicable to our field, allowing for more customization for individual users, the creation of a "saved/most used" field that can be applied to documents, ITP data, diagnosis, etc.). Basically, we are using one software platform for 4 different departments within our company. Making them more efficient by being able to customize the work-flow systems by department and user would be of great benefit.

Christine from Recovery Centers of Arkansas

BestNotes Support Review

Overall it has been a pleasure to use BestNotes and have the continued support of the BestNotes team.

Pros

BestNotes has a supportive team that is easy to contact. Any software issues are quickly resolved and the software is dependable (no downtime). If there is a reporting request, or company specific function request, the BestNotes team is easy to work with and does a great job to find the best solution for the Organization.

Cons

There is a desire and need for more systematic controls, in order to reduce the manual reconciliation time between the clinical and billing modules (Program to Register functions).

Affordability

Natasha from Volunteers of America-MN and WI

BestNotes

My program uses BestNotes for Mental Health Case Management and Foster Care. Neither of these is the niche field for BestNotes. However, the BestNotes team worked with us extensively to make sure that the software does what we need. BestNotes dedicated a lot of time to us during start-up and after start-up as we continued to make changes after going live.

Pros

The BestNotes team is fantastic and the software is flexible. Our program had a lot of requests regarding both form and function as we started implementation and the BestNotes staff was amazingly accommodating. The BestNotes dashboard is easy to navigate. There are items within the system that we can change ourselves, allowing ongoing and instantaneous development.

Cons

Unfortunately BestNotes can't do everything. For example it won't track dates without the user's specific intervention.

Reasons for Choosing BestNotes

We selected BestNotes for several reason. Most importantly, BestNotes was the only software that could be molded to suit several different types of programs within our overarching company. BestNotes offers a competitive price. Finally, BestNotes is flexible enough to work with the other software at our company that would not be transitioning at the current time (the accounting software).

Libby from Recovery Centers of Arkansas, Inc.

With BestNotes, our organization is able to update and maintain client files in real time without the worry of if we have the most updated information on our clients.

Pros

BestNotes allows our organization to keep client records organized and manageable. I use the Reports feature most and find it helpful in pulling various data for the organization. Also, with the ability to find client census data across the organization with the click of a button is a huge timesaver!

Cons

BestNotes is very easy use. I do not have any complaints to mention at this time.

BestNotes

Pros

I enjoy that you can upload documents and have everything in one place. The individual and group case notes are simple and user-friendly. It makes documenting sessions easy.

Cons

It is not always so intuitive. I have had to train a few individuals on how to use and the same questions come up with the treatment plan and not always knowing if you push save and continue or next. It sounds simple but it is not always easy to go back and fix.

Daniela from Synergy Family Services

Work Notes are the BestNotes

My overall experience with BestNotes has so far been a positive one more than anything.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that there is an app for it. I think that this makes it so much better and accesible. I am able to get into clients’ charts with ease and leave notes without having to have my computer with me. I also think that it is very user friendly even if it does take some practice and playing around with it.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that there is a whole download of an app that has to be done on the actual computer which makes it hard to access from other computers/laptops.

Russell from River Stones Residential Treatment Inc.

Loving Best Notes!

It has helped our business tremendously in terms of time saving and organization.

Pros

Our company was new to EHR and my staff was quite intimidated. The training and customer service was incredible. Very responsive and available. We especially like that they are willing to customize it for our particular business and we can upload our current forms. They also had a lot of already prepared documents that are accreditation approved.

Cons

We love it and don't have any complaints. I guess some visual graphic improvement would be the only thing I can think of.

Reasons for Choosing BestNotes

We chose Best Notes simply because when we asked around, everyone said it was the best and easiest to use.

Response from BestNotes

Replied September 2020

Thanks for your kind words and support Russell!

Micah from Madrona Recovery

Customizable, Great Tech Support

Best Notes is affordable and helpful.

Pros

The costumer service with Best Notes is always both really helpful and available. They are available to walk you through a problem or educate on new features, without this- I would probably not recommend.

Cons

It's difficult to organize the chart and transfer records. When other programs are all using the same large MAR's the coordination of records is difficult.

Katie from Quality Youth Services

BestNotes is worked wonderfully as an all inclusive EHR and Billing system when paired with Claim.MD

Pros

I like that the software captures all claim data information and builds electronic HCFA 1500 claim forms with information input to BestNotes. This makes billing a seamless and streamlined process.

Cons

The software is susceptible to internet interruptions and can be slow loading from page to page. Certain client files and registers that are very large sometimes produce an error code when loading .

Robert from UR1 Professionals

Perfect for what we use it for

I still currently use this daily.

Pros

Cons

My biggest complaint is that the "quick list" only goes up to 7 and there isn't any customization to add lists. We use that to separate our facilities patients however we bill for more than 7 facilities.

Joe from Project Chesapeake

Phenomenal Customer Service!

Our experience with BestNotes has been phenomenal. The best part of the experience has been the customer service. Customer executives are always available, extremely knowledgeable, and super-fast to respond. We are very excited about BestNotes Fresh!

Pros

Very intuitive, easily customizable, reasonably priced, unbelievable customer service.

Cons

API limitations, inability to auto-schedule report exports

Kenneth from OhioGuidestone

Looks Outdated, Works OK

This EHR software is able to do scheduling, documentation, administration duties, all while being HIPAA-compliant.

Pros

The software is affordable and does offer a lot of different options for mental health practitioners needing an EHR.

Cons

The software looks very outdated and is not intuitive to navigate. It can be frustrating to look at and work with.

Response from BestNotes

Replied November 2019

Thanks for your feedback, Kenneth! We agree, our interfacing is aging but we have two exciting developments underway that will help. First, at the beginning of the year we will be releasing an update that will significantly improve the look and feel of BestNotes. Second, we're working on a brand new version from the ground-up. Once it's released, current customers will be grandfathered-in on pricing and enjoy all the new technology and workflow enhancements. We can't wait for you to see it! As a reminder, you have unlimited training and support with BestNotes. If you're experiencing a problem with the workflow navigation - we would love to help. Send us an email at team@bestnotes.com or call our support line: 866-543-6646. Thanks again for your time and thoughts, Kenneth!

McKinzee from Synergy Family Services

BestNotes Review

Overall, this program has been a lifesaver to our organization so far and we look forward to the future with the system

Pros

One of the huge benefits of this system is the comprehensive reports section. The reports section has reports for any level of metric you can think of to track for your organization. Want to see the demographics of your clients? BestNotes can do it. How about reasons for client turnover? The system has a report for that as well. You also have the rapid response from the support staff who usually can get back to you in about 1-2 hours after you submit a ticket, and in a lot of cases, it could be under an hour.

Cons

The thing I like the least has to be the fact that "Tags" are in the calendar section. This allows you to, if you are not careful, add the appointment to multiple user profiles. Once this occurs, it takes between 5 and 10 minutes to actually get the appointment to reopen to delete it.

Gary from Recovery Centers of Arkansas

Thanks, BestNotes

Not having to process hardcopies and keep large file rooms full of papers.

Pros

Effectiveness of usage. It was easy to train staff in usage.

Cons

not sure really. Everything was fairly user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing BestNotes

It worked best to meet our company needs.

Amy from Engage

March 2015

BestNotes- Great Program. Great Partnership.

Engage first purchased BestNotes in late 2013. Kristen Francom has been our Implementation Specialist since then. She worked with us to set up BestNotes for our Intensive Outpatient Programs. Our company has experience tremendous growth within the past two years and Kristen at BestNotes has been right there helping get the most out of BestNotes. We appreciate that if there is a functionality of BestNotes that we need but is not in place she talks with the developer on our behalf to see if those needs can be met. BestNotes has helped us keep better track of our clients as well as get a better picture of how our community outreach is directly impacting our census. Ideally we would like Bestnotes to have the functionality to house both our private practice and program clients WITHOUT crossover but have been informed that there is not a way to do that at this time. It did take our staff a while to get use to how to use Bestnotes. Since BestNotes is a program that is used differently between companies there is not one standardized training that BestNotes can offer. They do have a help desk site that does answer many questions a user may have. However, we have created our own training documents that are specific to how our office uses the program. Overall we are very happy that with BestNotes we not only purchased a very useful and helpful program but also that we have experienced a partnership with Kristen Francom in making BestNotes work for us.

Dominic from Q2i

Great product!

Pros

Cons

I cant think of anything negative to say, i widh we wouldve went with bestnotes from the beginning! Thanks BN!

Francine from Recovery Centers of Arkansas

RCA

I like the ability to quickly run the reports I need on a day to day basis.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the program.

Cons

Learning how to use the software was a challenge.

Kassie from Onsite

Very well rounded

I have been pleased with this program

Pros

This is not only an EMR, but also can be used for marketing data

Cons

There are many things that have to be done manually

John from NLRC

Good Value for the money

Overall our organization has had a positive experience with best notes.

Pros

Software has a lot of features and when needed things print well. A good overall system for individuals notes

Cons

could be slightly smoother for documenting groups and interface could use an update. Nothing too negative overall.

Price

Group charting needs grew

Ari from Evexia Cousnseling $ Consulting

Has become pure garbage

Used to be ok. Now with their support and better products out there, it’s WorstNotes “tm”

Pros

It’s cheap. It was great to use years ago. They were also a much better company years ago.

Cons

Same basic interface since day one. Zero updates. Hard to navigate. Customer support has become horrendous. Can only use from their program. Can’t use it on a phone because it isn’t web friendly, and their “app” does literally nothing.

Response from BestNotes

Replied October 2018

Hi Ari, It pains me to hear that your experience with BestNotes was once great but became poor over time. Looking back at your use of BestNotes, it corresponds with an explosive period of growth we experienced. Indeed, our support team struggled during this time and we couldn't hire and train employees quick enough. This painful process has made us a much better company. We've overhauled the way we train employees and carefully watch forecasting metrics, so we can hire new teammates before we need them. In addition, we have never stopped improving BestNotes by adding new features and improving the overall workflow. Unfortunately, we didn't do a good job communicating these new enhancements to end-users. Today, we are sending regular emails to System Administrators about updates, promoting new enhancements on the login screen and provide a live view of everything we are working on through a public facing Trello board. I hope we can earn your trust back someday.

Chari from CleanWorks Building Maintenance

Industry: Facilities Services

It does what it needs to

Pros

They give you a lot of features you need for scheduling and client management in a secure place.

Cons

It is definitely not pretty. You would think that something that has been around for a while would have a better user interface. There is also a huge learning curve for all of our Therapist and other users.

Phil from Utah Valley Health & Wellness Magazine

Great efficient notekeepinf software

Pros

Loved the ease of use and access and ability to customize the product to fit the needs the of the clientele. Did great with individual and group casenotes.

Cons

I was just a user and not an admin so I don’t know how to manage the financial and billing side of the system.

May 2016

Ruth from Dr. Calvin's Clinic

May 2016

Nice scheduling product.

Pros

Cons

At the time of printing records it was not possible to work on anything else, there is a little window that appears and disappear for every single page printing, which was pretty annoying and does not allow you to work in another program.

Tanner from Champion Recovery LLC

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Works great if you know what you are doing

BestNotes Team was great to work with and helped every time we needed them. Learning how to use and setup BestNotes to its full potential is a lengthy process. If you know what you are doing or have used something similar BestNotes is Great!

Pros

BestNotes is a very capable system. Notes and forms can be made to communicate and auto-pop info, client portal is simple and just about everything is customizable.

Cons

Visual appeal is lacking. It is a very boring system to look at(looks very outdated). Though everything can communicate and be customized it is a very lengthy and confusing process. Best notes offers great support and training on the system but it is very difficult to setup and understand.

Reasons for Choosing BestNotes

Cost effective and a great support team.

Brittany from CCBH

EHR Review

I am still in the implementation process, however I have worked closely with the rep throughout the process. He has been knowledgeable, assisted me in learning the system so that I can navigate myself, is reliable and accessible, and has been a great support for my team and I.

Pros

I like that the interface is user friendly and has a lot of features that are specifically useful within my field. I also like that there are many fields that can be pulled forward from other documents to minimize human error and increase compliance. Lastly, I like the ease with which I can create and modify my own documents as I see fit.

Cons

There are a couple features that are not available that would be helpful, however the team is always able to work through other options with me.

n/a

Timothy from Timothy Weymann, LCSW

Good electronic health record!

I like this program, it helps keep patient details for clinically utility as well as administrative and liability purposes. I recommend it!

Pros

I used this software when working for an outpatient mental health facility. They appreciated the detail that the program allowed. It has a lot of functions associated with patient care.

Cons

The user interface is a little dated. It's not as aesthetically pleasing as other programs , however, that slow on the priority in terms of the positive teachers associated with its functional purpose.

Sharon from Cairn Recovery Resources

small issues but overall a good system

Overall experience has been good, again we are new to using the software and some of the issues we are dealing with may very well be user error and not connected with the software itself.

Pros

Likes include ease of access, ability to navigate, ability to print information as needed

Cons

As we are new to using BestNotes I am not sure if its a technical error or user error but it fails to carry over the level of care for each client. Also there seems to be a lot of steps involved with using the documentation.

Reasons for Choosing BestNotes

Available ASAM criteria, ability to update treatment plans and show progress for each client, information from the intake and assessment carries over to other documents

Miriam from Henkel

BestNotes offers many possibilities to users.

Pros

The best thing that BestNotes has is that it is a multifunctional platform for users, offering the possibility that someone can edit my notes if I give them the authorization, and in this way, be able to have group notes within an organization or company.

Cons

I would like BestNotes to improve its design, since since I am using it, I have noticed that the design has never changed, it has always been the same, and that in particular, it bores all users, it should be much more varied and with colors Nicer.

Jessica from UR1 Professionals

Seems to be an older software.

I believe Best Notes could be more utilized if they would advance the technologies of the program to easily use and make edits.

Pros

When a patient is selected, all documents uploaded are listed on the right, but I am still able to create and select a folder on the left to see a list of the documents in that category.

Cons

The software doesn't seem to be upgrading with the advances in technology. I still find it hard to navigate and make edits to a document without it making an error in the formatting.

Donte from Kentucky

Bestnotes easy to use

It has been great

Pros

How easy it is use , it was very smooth transitioning from paper to digital

Cons

The mobile app doesn’t allow the same features as the desktop version

Charley from Madrona Recovery

Not for those who love a paper chart

Pros

The integrating process was difficult but their trainers were always available and very helpful. They can customize a lot, but if you have clinician who love a paper chart and who prefer free flow documentation this is a difficult program to get them on board with.

Cons

If you are trying to use without something like a DoctorFirst, it is really problem prone. They have just rolled out some new features though, which I hope will resolve ongoing med errors and lots of front end work.

Angela from Rise Center for Recovery

Great training experience which makes things a lot smoother.

Pros

Once trained, it is very helpful and they make it unique to your documents and reports. There are lots of things to learn, but they take you through, step-by-step, and assign you homework so you can practice.

Cons

It is initially confusing, lots of different sections to worry about. Not really quick at returning general email questions. They are quick if you have a meeting with a trainer, but other than that their tickets are not answered promptly.

Cy from STC Addictionwellness Center

Competent but limited

This is a basic program that allows you yo manage clinical and medical date. I would be great in 1990. With so many new options Best Notes has suffered due to lack of innovation. They need to increase support on financials and billing and truly make a practice management software. Not just a paper chart that is happened to be on a computer

Pros

Easy to use and manage patients. Easy to learn.

Cons

Just a paper chart that happens to be digital. No intuitive ways to connect data. It is literally a paper chart the is on the computer. No billing component. Limit reports available (9 month lead time if you want your own special report). No real update on layout so looks like a 90s program

Rick from Second Nature Entrada

March 2015

BestNotes provides the best possible CRM system for any behavioral healthcare company

I have experienced many customer relationship management systems over the years; time and time again BestNotes has proven to be our perfect CRM system. The BesNnotes platform is intuitive, resourceful and easy to navigate and use our data in the variety of productive ways. The BestNotes support team has an individualized investment in their customers and have consistently provided me with personal care through their valuable customer service and unmatched support for my company. From the Patient Portal to Outcome Tools, BestNotes provides the best integration of customer information. With all their services and support, BestNotes provides the best possible CRM system for any behavior healthcare company.

July 2016

Mark from Land of Goshen Treatment Center, Inc

July 2016

BestNotes lives up to its name.

BestNotes is by far the best EHR I have ever worked with. From their product to their excellent customer service, they deliver with professionalism and concern. They have even assisted us with Medicaid issues by contacting state office to expedite application issues.

Pros

The ease of use and full range of documents makes paperwork and billing a breeze for my staff.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

Sam from ScenicView Academy

It gets the job done

I've been able to use quite a few different EMR programs so far in my career. I even worked doing tech support for a company that gathered information from these types of programs to send appointment reminders. Based on my own experience with BestNotes, it gets the job done. It doesn't have much of a wow factor, it doesn't seem to have any special bells and whistles as far as I can tell. It's steady, it works and it does so consistently. Overall, I guess I find myself with no reasons to overly criticize the product, but also no reason to overly praise the product. What you get for the price seems to be fair and the program feels simple to understand and use.

Pros

Price Simplicity It just works

Cons

Ugly user interface (looks like a 90's program) Takes a few clicks to access the information that you want to see Lacks bells and whistles (smarthphone apps, cloud features, etc.)

Charlotte from Northeast Florida Women Veterans

Cbland

Spectacular!!!

Pros

It has been a Outstanding experience so far. The staff team are special and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN](Implementation team) He is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did you all get this guy? These individuals have Spectacular people Skills.

Cons

Need to take somethings off that I do not need or use.

Reasons for Choosing BestNotes

Because it was the only one that accommodates clinical notes from a therapist, case management notes and another Psychoeducational program.

Response from BestNotes

Replied October 2020

Hi Charlotte! Thanks for your kind words. I'll be sure to let Chris know about your experience!