• Pros

• "Easy to learn , easy functionality. Easy third party software integration , all managers and supervisors get to share the same dashboard ."

• "Caretracker is user friendly. This EMR is user friendly for any size of office."

• "Clinical today is easy to follow flow and the correspondence is easy and quick to document. "

• Cons

• " Customer support by email or phone is currently not the feature of this software . Training is key. some things can get confusing at times with this software "

• "You have to scan everything in and are unable to port things in."

• "I do not like when it keeps telling that you are logged in on another screen, which happens often and can be frustrating."

Browse Harris CareTracker Reviews

It makes scheduling so easy!

Pros

Scheduling patients is easy in Caretracker. It also has very comprehensive reporting features.

Cons

It has too many features that we don't need and the interface can be confusing.

December 2015

Dee Ann from Medical Billing Solutions, Inc.

December 2015

Practice Management and EMR Review

Pros

We have been using Harris CareTracker (formerly known as Optum PM & Physician EMR) since 2009 for our billing RCM software and PM and EMR software for our clients. It has helped us to drastically increase the collections of our clients and has tremendously helped us to reduce our front end denials to below 1%. The ease of use of the system for our staff and clients is unparalleled to other software. When switching over our RCM system and finding a new PM and EMR system to offer to our clients, we researched several software systems including NextGen, AthenaHealth, Epoch, eClinicalWorks, AdvancedMD and Kareo. We found that there was nothing comparable to the ease of use, productivity, and competitive pricing that Harris CareTracker offers.

Cons

I would like to see a faster turn around time on building interfaces with other EMR softwares for our clients that wish to remain with their current EMRs and interface with our PM system for billing. We have seen some recent improvements with this, so we are hopeful for the future that we will be seeing a faster turn around time.

October 2011

Julie from Rocky Mountain Health Center-South

October 2011

I work in a small primary care office with three providers. I was not involved in the decision-making process for this EHR system. I had previously used Amazing Charts (I hear there have been a lot of changes to this system since I used it and it has become more cumbersome). This product is fairly easy to use but the training modules are not as informative as I would like them to be. We mainly learned to use it through trial and error. The training modules did a fairly good job of general screen navigation, but as a provider who would be using the program while in the patient rooms I think the training was really lacking. I would like to be able to use the program without having to think about it much, so I can maintain eye-contact and listen to the patient. I find that I have to spend more time concentrating on the screen to see if the program has completed what I last asked it to do. I also spend a lot of time asking the patient to wait while the screen changes. There are some parts, such as reordering prescriptions that need to be printed; these are very cumbersome and time-consuming. I do enjoy being able to access labs easily, but since the newest update to the software a screen opens and and there are 2-3 movable bars going both up and down and left and right that must be adjusted to see everything, you are never able to see the whole lab result as one. You need to adjust the correct L-R bar to access the up & down bar because it is hidden behind another up & down bar. These do not seem like big things, but they are all time consuming when you are in the room trying to find out what is going on with your patient. We have also had a problem with the program slowing down early in the morning and mid-day. We are currently in the process of trying to meet with other healthcare providers currently using the program in this area to see if the speed problems are uniquely ours. I have not found the "superusers" to be very helpful because it is difficult to explain to someone why it matters that a mark on a growth chart is on the 2 yr line rather than the 2 yr 9 mos line. This problem was corrected in the last update but until then the growth chart were largely unusable. I think the "superusers" are probably very good with computers but they don't have a clue what a providers job is so there is never a meshing of the questions and the answers. We have been using the program since 12/01/2010 and we are all continually very frustrated. I think CareTracker is a good product but there are a lot of things that I feel don't work well enough and I don't feel telling our "superuser" is getting the message to those who need to hear it. When I have to take my notes on the back of a fee ticket and write out my prescriptions by hand and then stay late to put my notes into the system - I feel the system is a big drain on my time rather than a help. I hope that changes.

Steven from Trilogy Health Services

Caretracker in Windows 10 has issues

Pros

Easy to use when configured properly after extensive research to fix touch screen issues (NOT Touchpad) - i.e. an all-in-one touchscreen desktop.

Cons

Uses Internet Explorer and with Windows 10 the "Pinch-to-zoom" and "doulbe-tap-to-zoom" functions interfere with application usability. Had to research how to turn both of these off. In Windows 7 and 8.0 there was a way to turn it off, but after 8.1 that function was removed. Many forums talk about a registry hack or something else. The solution was to embed a .css file with the needed CSS command to turn the two above functions off. The is needed to be injected into the Accessibility button window in Internet Options - "Format document using my style sheet". After that it works brilliantly and no accidental zooming.

Patricia from Real Estate

Very functional product for the healthcare office

Its great for the money, tech support is awesome, working claims is a dream. Overall a great product

Pros

The ease of staff learning the program, within jours they can surf all over program without muchvtrsining

Cons

Window for provider schedules could be better managed. Coliors etc cox, pre op, new pts, helps the schedulers not to overbook some visit. Helps the flow of how the day will be for urgent calls

Marsha from Urology Affiliates of Oklahoma

I have used Caretracker for several years and it is user friendly and easy to maneuver.

Pros

You can log in from anywhere you. It is easy to find records, print and upload documents that are needed. you can make template, have favorites and save them for future use.

Marsha from Urology Affiliates of Oklahoma

Caretracker

Pros

Caretracker is user friendly. This EMR is user friendly for any size of office.

Cons

You have to scan everything in and are unable to port things in.

Good EHR software

Overall a good EHR system. Has the features and functions I need.

Pros

I like the templates that are available and the ability to make my own templates. Has all the features I need.

Cons

Can take a little getting used to . Lots of things are hidden behind right click, which isn't mentioned anywhere.

A necessary evil in my job

Pros

It offers a bunch of reports. The reporting is probably the only thing I really like about the software.

Cons

The UI isn't very good. It has a bad flow, things are chopped up, it is hard to learn, and it generally isn't fun to use.

James from Pediatric Associates of Norwood & Franklin

Decent System Needs more functionality

Pros

Easy to use, good layout and design, portability, limited outage times. Pricing is decent. Interfaces with other products easily

Cons

Billing difficult to deal with Support can be slow additional features are often third party and the training is difficult.

Sofie from Civic & Social Organization

Great software to manage doctor appointments and financing

Pros

It's user-friendly and easy to pick up. It has different options for you to view appointments and edit them. Also, it's a very powerful system with so many features including managing recalls, financing, etc.

Cons

Sometimes it's glitchy and it doesn't support full functions when you work from home at your own computer.

May 2015

Terrie from Morgan Memorial Foundation, Inc. dba Gil-Mor Manor and Gil-Mor Haven

May 2015

Gil-Mor Review

Pros

Having it web-based allows us to continue to work off site or when our server goes down.

Cons

The recent change is a bit confusing and will take a little while to get acquainted where to locate everything

Barb from APC

Terrible customer service; extreme delays in getting replies to questions/concerns

I highly recommend looking at different options

Pros

NONE = there is nothing outstanding about this software or the services provided They have their scheduling module is as good as everyone else.

Cons

Customer support is TERRIBLE! It took 68 days to get pricing (just pricing) on a request for an interface and another 15 days to know if the software was capable of printing barcodes. There are EXTREME delays in obtaining information, support especially if McKesson is your middleman.

April 2015

Jon from Mendota Lutheran Home

April 2015

CareTracker

Pros

Ease of use, fingerprint technology,versatility, great dashboard, reporting, will work when internet is down.

Cons

Hardware can be costly, specialty enhancements to system can add up.

February 2016

Tina from Western Pa behavioral health resources

Industry: Mental Health Care

1.5

February 2016

Frustration at best ..,

Pros

Cons

The system does down 2-3 times weekly and this is awful when one is seeing about 5 patients per hour. Any new meds written shows in retroactive notes so medication changes are difficult to track. The med history option was a life saver to aid in the medication tracking, but now gives frequent error messages. The Rx software is not use friendly, often sends to the wrong pharmacy and results in so many calls from the patient because escript ks not received - so it has to be called in anyway. Auto signature often prints on controlled substances. Lastly - this is not a software for a psych practice and is maybe More intended for and useful for a medical practice.

jerome from midwest sound labs

CareTracker EMR is an incorporated cloud-based electronic restorative records (EMR) and practice administration (PM) arrangement that takes into account claims to fame, for example, inward prescription, gastroenterology, pulmonology and orthopedics. The a

easy integration with other third party software