• Pros

• "Support is great. Updates are automatic and monthly. They're very responsive to suggestions to improve the program. "

• "Complete package in-house system. Totally customizable."

• "I can't think of any positive things to say about this software. I tried very hard to make it work for my clinic."

• Cons

• "It has a lot. Some practices don't want everything and wish to have only nuts and bolts. Some of the options are not geared to all specialities, but customization fixes that."

• "The Staff gets all D's. Their method of fixing problems: Deny, Distort, Delay Destract, Defend They do not meet their advertised functions on many levels."

• "No cons for us, the product works as expected."

Browse ChartPerfect Reviews

February 2013

Jonathan from Jonathan Hirsch MD

February 2013

Outstanding EMR and Company

Absolutely. I wholeheartedly endorse A.I.med and Acrendo Medical Software. They are a great company with a great product and support.

Pros

Dear Casey & Acrendo: I just wanted to congratulate you on the release of this newest version. I appreciate your attention to all of the details that make writing notes and completing daily tasks much easier and more efficiently. You've always been a pleasure to deal with and your staff is wonderful. I always let Acrendo know when things are not working properly, or I have a request for a new feature. With this latest version, things have improved dramatically, as usual. Of course there are always things that need tweaking but I know that Acrendo staff are always works to make my life easier and the program work better. Thank you always for your expert guidance and I am looking forward to many more years of productive work with you.

Cons

Like any product nothing is perfect, but this company gets top ratings in my book for always willing to listen to their clients, and add features based on feedback.

Moez from Moez Khorsandi MD

December 2012

EMR for a solor practice

My staff and I am extremely happy with the Acrendo product and their support team. I am a solid referral for their product, and recommend it to friends all the time. Any small practice looking for a great EMR should consider this one.

Pros

I searched for years for a EMR that was affordable and easy to use. I had many presenters come to my office to show me their EMR and how they thought it was easy to use. I found all the systems I looked at to be difficult to learn, and very expensive. The Acrendo team came to my office to do an in person demonstration of A.I.med and I was finally impressed. I purchased the system back in early 2005 and have been satisfied ever since. The program is truly easy to learn and customize to my needs. I have set up all on my templates the way I want them, which makes patient flow fast and consistent. I did not have to change very much to implement the system in my office. The Acrendo support are very responsive, knowledgeable and easy to work with. I do not have a need to call on them very much these days, but in the beginning when I was getting going and used to the system, they responded right away, and always had a solution to my question.

Cons

No interface to the hospital No web browser interface yet, but coming

June 2010

Marc from LPC

June 2010

Not competitive, look for features in newer version

Look for improvements in Version 9. But the price point needs to be lower than competition to be worthwhile until Acrendo can prove to be competitive and show readiness to make updates that keep up with government regulations and incentives. I have recently changed to a far superior product that only cost about 30% more, but the efficiencies and billing tracking capabilies surprisingly make up the difference and then some. Notes end up with unpleasant spacing and grammatical context due to the construct of the templating mechanism.

Pros

Customer service is very good Multiple charting options, auto tab between fields speeds up charting

Cons

Product updates delayed for years. I was promised eRx by 12/08 and it is almost ready in 6/10. Version 8.0 limits you to opening 1 chart a a time and opening new charts between patients is time consuming. This is slated for upgrade in V 9, which i do not think is complete yet despite Jan delivery promise. Template structure works better with a good boiler plate template with a few variables than with a full variable structure. This makes adding new findings to the patient's chief complaint time consuming. No real Rx writing from within the note, prior "fix" was poor and more time consuming. No orders from within the note, so you will chart close your note then make your orders, then go back to your note and annotate.

Robert from Alta Ridge Foot Specialists

EMR for solo Doc with Multiple Office

We are all very happy with the Acrendo support team and A.I.med. It is truly a great product and priced very well for what you get. I would definitely recommend this program to colleges, it is a great system.

Pros

I purchased the Acrendo system for my solo Podiatry practice back in early 2009. The system was easy to learn, and the support staff are always there when I need them. Some software companies go away after the sale, and the office is left on their own to get the system going. This was not the case with Acrendo, they held our hands the entire way, even when I added a second office to the mix, they assisted us in getting the new server and system up and going immediately. The program is very flexible and easy to use. I have adjusted some of the built in templates to meet my own style of writing and documenting, and with very little effort. The learning curve was very low for all users of the system, not just the EMR.

Cons

No cons for us, the product works as expected.

Richard from Richard Leavitt MD

December 2012

A great EMR at a great price

All of my staff use A.I.med on a daily basis and are happy with the program and their support staff. I would definitely recommend A.I.med.

Pros

Since taking the leap into EMR and buying A.I.med for my solo practice in 2011, I have been very satisfied with Acrendo. I use the program for all of my clinical notes and find the program to be very easy to use. A.I.med 9 is intuitive and easily customizable to my practice and note writing style. I was offered a system by the hospital and found that product to be cumbersome and rigid, requiring me to conform to their system rather than have the product adapt to my preferences. My concerns with the hospital chosen EMR were of lost productivity and extra hours at night keeping up with the charting. I did not experience this with A.I.med.

Cons

No web interface yet

May 2012

Robert from Wartell Enterprises, LLC

May 2012

Surprisingly unhelpful support

Buyer beware. There are a number of software packages that are much easier to learn and to use, with better customer service.

Pros

Cons

After months of putting up with an inefficient and clumsy interface, we finally decided to drop Acrendo AIMed and switch to another EHR system. While trying all features of AIMed, we kept finding kinks that made it difficult to use. We recorded all of these, and passed the information along to Acrendo, expecting some resolution. Nothing was ever fixed. Sometimes Acrendo suggested clunky workarounds, and other times had no suggestions. Our staff is computer literate, some of us having used clinical software since 1985. When we finally had to switch (we are happy that we did) Acrendo refused to return any of our purchase price. We used the software for a very short time, but they stood their ground on the basis of the contract. They are more interested in keeping the money than in keeping happy clients.

September 2012

Timothy from Timothy George MD

September 2012

User Unfriendly

Never recommend. Horrible. I stopped using it. I am tru=ying to get my money back, but even if I don't I am so happy to be using my new EMR!

Pros

None worth mentioning

January 2013

Abeer from Internal Medicine Institute

January 2013

Our single-provider Internal Medicine office started using A.I.med in late 2009. We had a goal of going paperless within one year and managed to do so with this program in just a few months. We use all aspects of the program, including their billing. I use the EMR on a daily basis and feel I am extremely efficient with note documentation. Our front office staff use it on a daily basis to schedule and are happy with all it can do. Its Dashboard feature is also very simple and provides an easy way of monitoring PQRI and EMR Medicare requirements. The Acrendo team is very friendly. We are always able to speak with a live person or do live interactive chats without any prolonged wait times. They always have a solution to all problems or need for training. Furthermore, necessary updates are automatically done without having to request it and without interruption to work flow. I strongly recommend A.I.med to anyone looking for a great product and a great support team.

July 2016

Shalona from Cirque Lodge

Industry: Mental Health Care

July 2016

Office Manager

Pros

I love this product its easy to use, saves time and allows our Dr's to see more patients. I have never had issues that required a call to tech support

Cons

Nothing I can think of that I do not like about this product. It has been easy to use and understand. Thank you Acrendo!

Alissa from Mark Adrian MD

December 2012

What a great program, so easy to use, just like the demo looked. Our entire office from front to back went from a paper office to one that is just about all paperless in six months. The company helped us every step of the way, making the transition easy for all of us. We use the Dragon Speak software in the EMR with some point and click as well, so our notes are done quickly with no need to stay after hours. We are waiting for an interface to our local hospital for Labs, there is not one at this time, but the hospital tells us one is coming soon. Overall, we definitely recommend this product and company. They have excellent support, a great product, and are there when you need them.

January 2015

Barbara from Barbara A Hummel, MD., SC

January 2015

EHR experience

Pros

Cons

Training is good, but it does not cover everything. Acrendo has direct access to my server to do the updates. Family history is designed on "disease state" rather than the relative and not always easy to read for notes going to a consultant or referring physician.

November 2013

Bassem from Allergy and Immunology Center

November 2013

Acrendo medical software review

Pros

Very good support and can easily be customized to your liking and practice. All documents will look like a Word document rather than a computer generated template.

Cons

Just like with any EMR, we physicians have to adapt to a new system we are not comfortable with. However, this is better than most because of the flexibility of the software. The practice management portion is excellent.

June 2014

Ellen from Ankle and Foot Physicians and Surgeons

June 2014

Growing in the right direction

Pros

Complete package in-house system. Totally customizable.