All Compulink Healthcare Solutions Reviews

Candy

Expectations More Than Met and More To Offer When I am Ready to Expand

The Compulink Help Line is Outstanding. I can easily explain my issue (or what I want to accomplish) and I am directed to the department appropriate person in a timely manner who can assist me quite efficiently and professionally.

PROS

Compulink Software is all inclusive for my current needs - a combined PM and EHR. Also, I am not locked into one type of template. For example, most my patients have Retina issues, but if a patient also happens to have another issue, I can import a problem appropriate Tab and I don't need to have it unlocked for me by the company (or pay more). I could see where this would be advantageous for a multi-specialty practice (even though I am not one). There are also multiple other resources I can choose to incorporate and use that is available as options to add to the software's capabilities (e.g., RCM) as my practice grows. The really nice thing is that I can function efficiently now and utilize Compulink Software (in all my various roles) at a good price point and still anticipate how I can incorporate what Compulink has to offer as my practice grows.

CONS

Setting up the Look Up Tables took me a long time but I was a new practice that did not have much (or any) of that information in a readily available database to put into the Look Up Tables or did not know how to organize particular information prior to being asked by Compulink to place such information into my Look Up Tables. On the plus side, needing to spend the time to build my Look Up Tables, helped me understand how the back end of the PM/EHR worked.

Reason for choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Excellent price point based on my needs and what Compulink has to offer as well as provide options as I expand my practice.

Carrie

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Powerful Software for Mental Health Providers

Compulink Healthcare Solutions has been a tremendous asset to our business operations. Streamlined functionality includes verification of benefits, treatment planning, integrated billing and remittance posting, multiple locations, group scheduling option, client web registration, a clinician training portal, and so much more - too much to list. One look at the demo and you'll see the power in this software. I highly recommend Compulink Healthcare Solutions to anyone who needs a powerful and intuitive software option that is reasonably priced, always improving, and backed up by world-class support.

PROS

We started with Compulink Healthcare Solutions from the time we opened for business in January 2016 (no integration from another software), and spent a tremendous amount of time researching available options beforehand. None of the other software programs offered the features and power well suited for small and large companies. We wanted software that would be efficient and extensive, but also grow with the business. From 1 provider to many, the software has delivered in every area. Customer support is always wonderful and timely, and there are always ongoing improvements that make our job easier. Billing is a snap, reporting is thorough, and everyone at Compulink is open to hearing user feedback.

CONS

There is a bit of a learning curve, but there would be with any new software. Difficulties with updates sometimes come up, but they have been short-lived and customer service has been amazing.

Reason for choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

None of the other software programs were as extensive, flexible, or well priced while allowing for growth.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

1 year in... honest review of Compulink

The biggest problem that compulink has is that lots of their software doesnt work. I mean, it does--- but it doesnt for a psych practice. The best example of this is that the insurance verification doesnt verify mental health codes--- in software titled PsychAdvantage. Its very clearly ophthalmic software that they barely put any effort into making work for psych. Their support is hit or miss- some of them are great- and some- like their business office manager- have ethics problems and border on straight up theivery. Their quickbooks integration flat out does not work-- their own people took 6 months and could not get it to work (their own software) and then did not want to refund us. Who does that? Many of their employees are unaware of the functions their software reportedly has-- and with good reason- the software doesnt really do that. Technically, it could (telemedicine is this way) but no one would ever use it. The other employees tend to be condescending, and mix in "hmm, I've never heard of the product doing that". They have zero accountability for their software not working, often act condescending, and always want you to "run diagnostics". When they dont want to handle their software not working, they refuse to talk to you. I've come to call this "classic compulink". Also, their ledger straight up cannot handle multiple locations. The software is pretty terrible at handling ERAs, if you're being paid electronically.

PROS

notes are easy to write. Most my documentation takes about 3 minutes per patient to write up. When features work, they sometimes work well (albeit often glitchy, often broken) Finished product (therapy note as a pdf) looks fantastic. Since we now get paid electronically, we get paid faster.

CONS

-glitchy. Often produces ridiculous errors. Not at all intuitive. To learn how to use the software, you essentially have to get used to all their glitches, so you eventually learn how to avoid them. Dont waste time asking them to fix them, either. - "Running Diagnostics" is an impractical pain, and a fool's endeavor, as it is yet to actually do anything. I would be pleased if I never ever heard that again from someone at Compulink, ever again. I'll not hold my breath waiting for it to work. I would ballpark that we're currently at 0/50 in this endeavor. - Insurance verification in a program called Psych Advantage (which we could pretty easily argue should aptly be called Psych Dis-advantage), which actually does not verify the mental health benefits of the insurance is purely ridiculous. There's no way around that other than admitting that you made this program for medical practices and never bothered to actually tailor it to mental health, and that's clear. -The lack of knowledge and agreement about your own software that you own employees have is disconcerting. I called more than a handful of times about integrating quickbooks ( great example, because their own website says the product does this), yet many of the employees took this as brand new information or denying it outright. A similar thing occurred when their own employees were unaware there was a telehealth built in option.

Reason for choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Cost. And that was foolish.

Susan

Reviewed August 2021

Easy transition, Great training and customer service, Customizable Software to meet all our needs

After 12 years with our last software, we were unaware at how outdated our EHR system had become. Compulink converted a great deal of our data to allow us to access it without having to constantly return to our old system. Overall, the experience was better than we expected as change is always hard. The people at Compulink worked hard to make it as easy as possible for us.

PROS

Compulink has been a great addition to our practice. The transition team was exceptional and the training incredible as they helped make the process as smooth as possible and continue to help us learn how to better utilize the software. There is so much flexibility with the software in the set-up to make the program work best for our office--picking the right EHR exam format for different types of office visits, the scheduling capabilities. In addition to one-on-one training, the training videos and the help section on the software make it easy to solve any issues that occur.

CONS

As with any transition, there are glitches but we fully expected these to happen and Compulink helped us fix these issues as quick as possible.

Reason for choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We liked features of Compulink's software best, the price was competitive, and we felt comfortable with the people at Compulink.

Reasons for switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

No longer making updates to Practice Director.

Cheryl

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Customized Design for Our Unique Practice

It has been a wonderful 1st year and we are doing extremely well

PROS

The ability to customize for a mobile optometry company - The staff was able to think outside the normal practice setting and adjust the software to fit our mobile needs.

CONS

Insurance Set Up was difficult and our implementation person was not as responsive as I would have liked. Several glitches made things frustrating

Reason for choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

I had worked with it at another practice as a consultant and asked the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to take a look because of the value.

Reasons for switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Management Plus parent company was having trouble and there was a huge lack of support and the insurance processing was done in India and caused a huge issue.

Nathan

Reviewed July 2020

Customization is king

Overall I am fairly happy with the product. I have not loved any EHR for optometry, but Compulink is the one I have hated the least. I chose Compulink based on them being relatively well established, their customization ability, and the customer service is decent. I do wish some of the core coding could be customized.

PROS

Customization ability. Decent optical inventory/product ordering functionality. Responsive customer service. Ledger and billing is generally user friendly. EHR is fairly intuitive with tolerable amount of button clicking.

CONS

Patient scheduling functionality could significantly improve. Certain core coding is not able to be customized. Eyefinity interface was boasted during marketing but very disappointing in terms of actual usability.

Reason for choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Customization ability, fewer button clicks, cost, familiarity, option for server-based system instead of cloud only, customer service, brand pervasiveness/longevity, aesthetics of screen layout and general appearance

Judy

Reviewed August 2020

Great Software for Optometry!

Overall Compulink does the job for my line of business and I’m satisfied with the software.

PROS

Easy to use for billing, EHR and scheduling. I’ve used other EHR systems and softwares and Compulink is simple to use with many features. It’s can be customized to an extent for the cloud option.

CONS

The software goes through update so far once a year. Usually the updates in improvements are not as noticeable to me as the glitches that result from the updates. A little annoying.

Reason for choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Price point and I had used the system before while working for another optometrist. I was familiar with the product but almost a decade prior.

Eileen

Reviewed February 2022

Takes Some Getting Used To

So far, Compulink is streamlining our workflow and making it easier to see more patients. However, we do have some issues with people not filling out their Web Registration, which delays our workflow. Also, we have felt more confident with patient information being saved in the more reliable cloud versus hard drives and OneDrive.

PROS

I like the customer service. The appointment scheduling is very easy to use and efficient for us. The EHR is pretty easy to use, once we figured out why a couple of the issues were not working. The equipment implementation was a bumpy road, but after fixing a few things, it's working great now. Web Registration is working very well, too.

CONS

I do not think this product is as easy and user-friendly as it could be. I do not feel 100% confident being without my trainer and using all that the program has to offer in the most efficient way possible. The software is also not as appealing to the eye. Additionally, it is inconvenient that for the text messaging Practice Watch, we can only have so many characters before it gets cut off and leaves our patients asking more questions.

Reason for choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We met [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at the FOA conference, and he gave us a great presentation of the system. We also took advantage of a few deals, too, that other companies were not offering.

Kathy

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Compulink Review

It has been fine...customer service is good.

PROS

I enjoy the ease of the EHR to billing system.

CONS

There are to many step," clicks" to get between each step

Reason for choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Doctors Decision based on colleagues opinions

Combine EHR with Billing system instead of multiple systems

Linney

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Compulink is GREAT!

PROS

Compulink is always developing and improving the software. The staff is easy to work with and seem to understand our needs because many of them have been in private practice prior. This is a huge advantage for Compulink and the client.

CONS

Sometimes new features and updates do not work when first rolled out and it takes a while to work the bugs out.

Reason for choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

sales person was more knowledgeable and their price beat the competition

Reasons for switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

they did not provide everything we needed, ie: one software for clinic, optical, ASC and billing

Ilan

My experience with Compulink

PROS

I felt that the billing software aspect of the program is easy to use, comprehensive and relatively cheap with respect to the price that I was paying. The support that was provided when my billing secretary contacted the company was almost always resolved in satisfactory outcome.

CONS

I found that certain ways that I was documenting were very difficult to implement with this software. Specifically, my treatment plan I also wish that setting up templates for faster documentation would be easier.

Reason for choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Price Traknet quoted me a very high price initially to convert my billing software!

Andi

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Compulink is the BEST!

Choosing an EMR provider for my surgery center was a decision that I put a lot of time and consideration into. I spoke to at least 5 or 6 other companies and did my due diligence. At the end of the day, it was an easy choice and one that I don't regret. I frequently recommend Compulink to my colleagues, highlighting the high degree of customization, increased productivity, ease of use, excellent customer service, and budget friendliness. Our adjoining clinic utilizes a non-Compulink provider for their practice management and another non-Compulink provider for their EMR; both of which don't hold a candle to Compulink. I am looking forward to eventually getting our clinic switched over to Compulink as well.

PROS

1. Highly customizable! No ASC is alike and we appreciate that Compulink allows us to make direct modifications to our workflow (overall layout, documentation, printable forms, etc.) as we see fit without having to jump through hoops. 2. Increase in Productivity/Efficiency. As a result of implementing Compulink in our ASC, we've been able to create a process that works very well for us. Whereas it used to take 2 full-time Front Desk Receptionists to prepare patient charts, we now have 1 Receptionist who handles this task. 3. Ease of Use. Our nurses and technicians find Compulink easy to use because a majority of their documentation can be done on one screen and they can set up Favorites to chart quickly. It's simplicity allows for us to quickly teach new employees and/or agency staff how to use the program. 4. Customer Service. We don't need support from Compulink very often, but when we do, we can always count on a quick response from very helpful, engaged customer service advocates. 5. Budget friendly with straight-forward invoicing and stable pricing over the years, even in the face of the pandemic and subsequent inflation. 6. Stability. Many of the Compulink employees that helped get my former surgery center up and running on their platform are still with the company. From a management standpoint, this is important for two reasons: One, I know who to turn to when I need assistance and two, a low turnover rate within their company speaks volumes!

CONS

In the past there have been issues when updates were made to the system. One of these incidents resulted in a significant loss of data and we had to use paper charts until it was fixed. However, with that being said, it's been quite a while since we have had any update-related issues and it appears to be resolved.

Reason for choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Customizable. Budget-friendly. Attentiveness of sales team.

Andi

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2017

We call them Compu-stink

I wish I could go back in time. I was so naive.

PROS

I like their instant messaging system. And their ICD9 conversion to ICD10 was done very well.

CONS

Customer service is EXTREMELY expensive. And they will sometimes NEVER call you back. I'm still waiting for Sangit to call me from a problem I've had since 2015! We have been using them since 2012, everything was set up wrong and we have had constant problems since. We have regretted going with them but are now stuck with them because we've sunk so much money into it. We even had to hire an IT person who is on call for when something goes wrong. Their support is full of people who don't even know how the software works and will tie up your computer trying to figure things out for hours. We dread running their updates because, while they fix some bugs, they implement a whole slew of new ones. We seriously feel like beta testers. They should be paying us because we are the ones figuring out the problems for them. If you complain too much, they will blacklist you and no one will return your calls. And there's no one you can submit formal complaints to. It just falls on dead ears. This is not the way a good company should be run. Their salespersons will tell you anything you want to get you to sign with them. A lot of the initial things we made a point to ask about when meeting with them were nothing like they promised. And when you bring it up to them, they make excuses and say that it's ridiculous for us to expect it to run like that.

Melissa

Reviewed July 2023

Great Optometry/Medical Software

Compulink is very easy to work with as a company, their customer service is excellent and I love the contact through the software for a call back if I have an issue. This feature is helpful so you are not waiting on hold to talk to someone. Just send in a request for a call and usually within 10 min they are calling you. Love this!

PROS

I love how easy Compulink is to navagate around in. Searching for patients is a breeze, tabs at top for every part of patient chart. Drop down selection menus for everything. Customizable tables and scheduler. Love the system!

CONS

There are parts of the software that we are not utilizing that I would like to use but programming the data into the software to use it seems over my head hard. We are an Optometry practice and do not use the ordering sections of the software therefor price calulations and insurance billing can not be used either.

Reason for choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Ease of navagation within the software.

Reasons for switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Compulink would allow us more control especially in Patient Communication.

Gary

Reviewed October 2016

Compulink is trying

When I started with the product they had just introduced Version 11. They have had multiple revisions to the product even since then which has made it better in some ways and worse in others. I use the cloud-based version and the software is never down when I need to use it except when my internet provider has failed me. The Practice Management portion of the software works well except for the scheduler. Posting checks and managing payments is simple. The insurance interface is good only for medical claims and won't do most vision only plans. Inventory management works well and it's nice to be able to print frame tags w/ a Dymo label machine rather than an specialty printer. My staff have not complained about the ordering process. The EHR has changed recently which has made it easier to enter data. I'd rate the EHR as average compared with others I've seen but this can be a matter of personal preference. I don't like interfaces that are too simple or too complicated. This one is mid-complicated, but if I could customize it, I could make it excellent. That is available but at a much greater expense.

PROS

Not overpriced. Customer support is good. They are trying to make it better. They have an online forum where you can make improvement suggestions and if other users agree, then they will try to do it. They don't charge you while you are training on it which is good because it takes a lot of training. They have tons of help files and online training courses and if you still can't figure it out then customer support will help you.

CONS

The scheduler in the latest iteration of the software is terrible. It does not block out time slots for the patients you schedule. This leads to over-bookings by staff who must study each entry on the schedule to see how much time is allotted for the blank spaces under it. The Basic/least expensive version has limited customization and the latest version has made it less so. Long learning curve.

Shannon

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2016

Compulink

I have been a Compulink client for over 12 years and have seen the healthcare industry change a great deal. It is critical to have a software vendor that is committed to staying up-to-date on healthcare rules and restrictions. Compulink exceeds my expectations in this arena. They are on the forefront of the next phase in healthcare and I have been very happy knowing I have a partner looking out for my practice. Compulink allows me to either use the software in it's default format or to customize the software as much I want to meet the demands of patient flow and doctors' needs. I like being able to control certain modules within the software. I like the fact I can choose how "cookie cutter" or customized I want it to be. Compulink's training and support is phenomenal. They offer pre-recorded online courses as well as live webinars on every aspect of the software. This has been a great training tool for new employees. Their support department is very prompt in assisting me with whatever needs I have and are very knowledgeable about their product. Compulink offers various interfaces and third party programs for their software that makes our jobs easier. I personally take advantage of several of those features and they work very efficiently. The interfaces I utilize are for my autorefractor, visual field and online patient registration. The third party programs I use are Demand Force (e-mail/text software) and CLx (online contact lens ordering). Again, I have the choice of choosing what added interfaces would supplement patient care. I also maximize every module in the software. These modules include electronic health records, line item posting, electronic claims billing, direct billing for a couple of our major insurance plans as well as the inventory and lab modules. Compulink has found a way to nicely tie in every aspect of the software with each other.

PROS

Customer support, very detailed EHR system, electronic billing capabilities, ability to customize software.

CONS

Customization can be labor intensive if you choose to go that route.

steven