• Pros

• "It's relatively easy to use. Submitting claims electronically is convenient and it is also nice that it contains both scheduling and billing."

• "The best features include the ease of use and some of the reporting capabilities, as well as customer service."

• "This software was easy to setup because of the technical support we received from Will. He also walked us through the best day-to-day practices and is always available for questions, "

• Cons

• "I had a few problems with set up but Customer Service was able to walk us through properly setting up the system."

• "Having to enter my own EOB. Not having a place to store my documents. I really wish it was similar to Simple practice. "

• "Customer service was poor in terms of response time and knowledge of the product, troubleshooting."

Browse A+ DELPHI Medical Billing Software Reviews

Bobbi from ABR Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Best Psychotherapy Billing program on the market!

I had absolutely NO/zero knowledge of medical/psychotherapy billing. I had to help when the former billing person was not able to continue handling the this for our practice. I have subsequently been able to handle all the billing for a small but busy practice. Here again, their support both live via the telephone and watching their video instructions was really helpful. I highly recommend DELPHI PBS. I use the basic billing program, however, they offer everything and more than other similar programs - progress notes, invoicing, electronic billing, etc.

Pros

After reviewing and taking advantage of "free Trial" options of other programs, I found DELPHI to be the best program for my needs. Great support, easy to understand instructions, notifications of updates. DELPHI offers easy to follow video instructions showing "how-to" most problems or questions that arise as you set-up and use their program. The initial investment in the program is very fair and the annual renewal fee is less than I can spend on taxis in NYC in a day!

Cons

Making changes to a diagnosis has been a slight complication, at times. Also, adding new diagnostic codes can be tricky only because you don't make these change often. In each case, I have been able to accomplish what I set out to do.

Carol from Private Practice

Industry: Mental Health Care

Best decision I made for my billing software

If you are considering billing software, get Delphi. A colleague who ran her own billing service recommended it to me and I have thanked her numerous times ever since.

Pros

First of all, it never breaks. Even though I back up regularly (and it invites you to back up every time you log off), it just performs perfectly. Will (the developer) keeps up with all the latest changes in the insurance/billing arena and updates the software whenever there's a change. I've been using it for 30 years! Started with DOS and made it through all the iterations of Windows, now using Windows 10. The interface with electronic billing happened seamlessly. I hear colleagues complain about their software, but I just smile and know I've got the best thing going.

June 2016

Jerome from Psych Services LLC

June 2016

Useful, frequently updated software with rapid assistance

Pros

We used Delphi for over 6 years until office closed for health reasons. Will Pardy (who wrote and updates Delphi) answers the phone and has responded to our crisis by extending our ability to use the program until our state's 7-year record retention status ends. We have used the billing and report features more than others, but found it easy to learn, rapidly responsive to changes in the field [especially through changes in CMS forms, CPT codes, and ICD9-->10 codes]. Easy to teach to new office person. Looks ideal for a young practice that wants low cost, wide range of services, hand-holding when needed, and solid assistance [not a barely trained voice from another country in tech non-support]. Also set up for multiple practitioners.

Cons

It doesn't have the bells and whistles of the more expensive programs

April 2016

Julie from Julie Ryder PMHNP

April 2016

good learning experience but happy to move on

Pros

I appreciated the entrepreneurial aspect of this company, being a local start-up that had not succumbed to corporate take-over, and therefore able to maintain a personalized approach to customer service. Use of this software was instrumental in allowing me to start a solo practice and to gain an understanding and appreciation of the nuances of billing, third-party payers, collections, and accounting involved in owning a small business/private practice. While it was always my intention to progress to integrative, full use of the program, such as scheduling and documentation, I only used it for claims submission, billing and accounts. After nearly two years of trying to manage all aspects of a private practice, I hired a practice manager and a billing service, which was 'the best money I ever spent.' It was another year before I was ready to adopt a full EHR/PM system, at which time I did not reconsider Delphi.

Cons

While I appreciated the easy access to the owner-operator of Delphi, I found him to be impatient and even rude at times. I tried not to take it personally, rationalizing that his is a technical mind trying to deal with clinicians whose minds operate differently, and that this was a pretty steep learning curve for a provider without training in billing, accounts receivable, software technology or electronic medical records. But I came to procrastinate and dread the need to seek his help.

Yvonne from Awareness Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

This software is so dependable and the support is always available and helpful.

This software has made the business side of our practice manageable, leaving more time for our patients, and our getting home earlier every night!

Pros

Cons

We have used this software for some 10 years and cannot find any downside. And we would have mentioned it!

Robin from New Foundation Inner Health

Industry: Mental Health Care

What you see is what you get

good, more than enough value for the money

Pros

very inexpensive, good billing and scheduling program w/optional add on for appointment reminders

Cons

pretty much nothing else offered or planned. Limited when more complex billing issues arise and need to create outside tracking to manage.

Reasons for Choosing A+ DELPHI Medical Billing Software

didn't look at other programs

Les from Suga Neuropsychological Services

December 2014

We use Delphi for our scheduling and billing of Neuropsychology.

Pros

I am a neuropsychologist and I use the program primarily for billing purposes. I have found it to be very easy to learn and use, and found it to work quite reliably. The owner of the company is extremely helpful and nearly always available to assist with problems.

Cons

There is a screen on the program called "The Scheduler" which is often difficult to navigate in, particularly if you are in a hurry or have a patient on the telephone who either wants to change the appointment or confirm when it is. I would like to always have it display a month at a time, but it defaults to an odd display that is not user friendly or efficient in normal office activities. While the program does do well with Medicare billing, it is not setup to easily interface with that vendor. It took considerable work, back and forth with the vendor, to get everything set up to work with Medicare, which caused significant headaches, payment delays, and other difficulties for these patients. Given that Medicare is such a large payer these days, the formatting difficulties with this vendor were difficult to understand. However, once it was eventually formatted, it has worked well since.

William from self employed

A very happy user for over 20 years

Pros

Delphi has all the features I would want. It is easy to use. It has been a life saver as a solo practitioner who who doesn't have support staff. The telephone support (when you need it) is terrific and - you can take it to the bank. You get the developer on the line who will solve any problem quickly.

Barbara from Lifeworks Counseling Center

Great billing software

Pros

The software has lots of features; we haven't even used all of them and still have all we need. The customer service is excellent. Will is always very helpful when I have questions about the software, and he calls back promptly when I have to leave a message. There are a lot of instructional videos that have helped me tremendously. It's easier for me to learn how to do something when I watch someone knowledgeable perform the action. Good instructional videos

Cons

The thing I have had the most trouble with is understanding how to do advances. I don't know if it's because the operation isn't as simple as it could be, or if my brain just can't grasp the concept.

November 2015

Tara from Tara Mesward Counseling, LLC

November 2015

Wonderful product!

Pros

This is an email I wrote to the owner and developer: Hi! I just wanted to write you to say thank you for all of your help - all the time! I just recently had to redo a bunch of claims for an insurance company that was being finicky, and I knew how to do it from your out-of-the-box thinking and you walking me through it last month with the ICD-10 changes. I really appreciate all of your help. My husband's a software developer, and I've learned that devs don't necessarily LOVE helping users who get confused and aren't inclined to think how the software wants us to think all the time ;) But it's been incredibly helpful to have your help when I've needed it instead of being passed around on the phone from customer service rep to rep - all of which aren't able to help. Anyway, I hope you have a great rest of your day. And thank you for providing a really great product!

Cons

Some functions are not intuitive for someone who's not extremely tech-savvy, though they're easier to figure out after you've had guidance/watched the tutorials/asked for help.

Nancy from Allied Addiction Recovery

Everything we could ask for

We have been using A+ Delphi for almost 1 1/2 years and we could not be happier. It's very easy to use. The customer service is exceptional. They answer the phone almost every time we call and if we get the machine, they are back to us within the hour. I would highly recommend them!

Pros

Ease of use, Customer service

Cons

None

Sabrina from InstaFame Marketing

Great functionality and easy to use!

Pros

This software was easy to set up and the functionality of it makes it simple to show the team how to use it.

Craig from GreenTree Counseling LLC

February 2016

Amazingly simple to use and effective! Phone support is awesome!!

Pros

While the product itself is almost self explanatory, support from their office has been a life saver and possibly a business saver. I lost my billing clerk and was faced with what appeared to be an overwhelming task of learning my billing process (small outpatient mental health clinic). Within minutes with the phone support person, the three months of back logged billing was out and I was starting the process of learning this logical and powerful tool. Now after only hours of use, I am recording billing, sending out both electronic and paper billing. I also have almost mastered the reconciliation of client accounts. Wonderful stuff and without the phone support, I might not have even tried to use this convenient and almost self explanatory software. A client for life!!!

Cons

I have no complaints and no suggestions to improve this product. It does what it advertises and covers more than I can actually use as an owner/single clinician.

Phyllis from Agape Christian Counseling Services

May 2016

Fantastic software! Tracks everything you need for your clients.

Pros

Very user friendly - - easy to learn. Excellent support. Love the training videos which lay a great foundation for teaching someone how to use Delphi.

Cons

If you make an error when writing-off a balance, you must delete the transaction and start over.

Jenn from Inspiring Enterprises

Using Delphi

Pros

Working with my rep is amazing! He's easy and very approachable! Even when it's things that we've talked about several times before.

January 2016

Barbara from Time 4 Change Counseling, LLC

January 2016

Great product and great support

Pros

The software makes billing quite easy, even for a psychotherapist who is more right-brained than left-brained.

Cons

It takes awhile to get the hang of the software, but it's worth it.

February 2012

Michael from Michael A. Christenson, Ph.D.

February 2012

I have been in full-time solo private practice in psychology for over 20 years, and have used A+ DELPHI for my computerized billing consistently since that time. The ease of use, flexibility, and ability to correct my errors has been very important to me. The software has continued to change and improve over time. There is openness to feedback from users, which I appreciate. I have called Will over the years and have found him very helpful in giving me clear and specific information. I believe that Will is very invested in producing the best, most user-friendly product possible. This system has sophistication and capacity that may not be obvious to a first-time solo user. My current use represents only a partial utilization of DELPHI. In my geographical area it is used by professional billing services, serving many therapists. Because it is so easy to use I have saved time and money by simply doing the billing myself, but using a local service would be an easy option whenever I change my mind.

December 2015

Martin from Martin Seif

December 2015

This program makes my life easier every day

Pros

I like the intuitive interface that allowed me to start using the program right off. I like the "built in" personal support from the software creator (it involves a required yearly fee) that showed me how to set up my practice, and make the transition from another practice software program. I appreciate the flexibility of the program, and the ability to look back and find and correct any entry mistakes. I like the pop up boxes that warn me when I forget to fill in a field. I like that there are many, many features that I can draw upon (I admit that I haven't used a lot of them)-even though I have now been using Delphi for almost three years.

Cons

I initially found the "financial history" screens very confusing, although I did figure them out on my own without contacting customer support.

Susan from Paramount Behavioral Health

Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy, efficient, and very user friendly

Great software and great price and support. You wont be disappointed.

Pros

This software is very easy to navigate even if you are not real computer savvy. Love the scheduler, billing, appointment reminders, and GREAT customer service. Will is always there and very patient in helping with questions. So nice that you get to try it out for free before you buy in so that you know exactly what you are buying! I cannot say enough good about this software and Will!!!

Terry from Terry Vreeland, MFT

February 2012

When I ventured into my own practice full-time, I had been asking around about how to do electronic billing. My practice was small, sort of a side thing while I maintained full-time employment with a psychiatric group practice. Most, if not all, of my clients from that group continued with me in my individual practice, and I was confronted with folks who were accustomed to paying a co-payment and having the rest billed. This was in 2004, and along with the anxiety of "can I manage this" came the necessity of learning quickly. Bottom line was taking the plunge and acting on the recommendation of a medical billing person, I found Delphi PBS. The access to their customer service was a factor in my choice. I was up and running quickly, and electronically billing before the end of my first month. Steep learning curve, but with help and determination, it worked. I'd advise anyone in practice to use it; I don't believe that it can be beat.

Linda from Psychotherapy Assoc. of Garden Grove

Linda L Schnaible

Love this program and easy to use for both me and my office staff. Called at a couple of times that he was busy and he still took the time and helped me. I really like the live support and his expertise with his program.

Pros

The program is a breeze to learn and it's everything I need to run my practice. My office staff also loves it. Much easier than previous programs.

Cons

I haven't found any yet. Had a little bit of trouble managing the download on one of my computers but no problems with the program.

November 2014

Ellie from Private Practice

November 2014

A+ DELPHI

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and learn. There are templates to make my own custom process notes, progress notes, and patient bills. The support person always returns my calls within 30 minutes. He is helpful and informative, and he always walks through the process with me and stays on the phone until all of my questions are answered. Updates are easy to install and timely; for instance, the IDC-10 codes are available to install for easy compliance with insurance billing.

Cons

There's really nothing to complain about. The vendor is even willing to hear recommendations to enhance the program.

February 2013

Ira from Ira Bilofsky, LCSW

February 2013

I am a Solo Practioner in North Wales, PA. My practice is made up of Individual, Marriage, and Family Counseling cases. I see a bulk of cases that pay out of pocket as well as Insurance cases. I have been in practice over 20 years and have used other software packages, but none compare to Delphi's overall package. It is easy to use and help is fast and on my time, not on the software company time. I have learned to use all phases of this program from the scheduling package to the billing package. Recently, I began using the electronic note feature and completely feel in love. It is simple, yet answers all of the HIPPA needs for Progress Notes verses Psychotherapy Notes. Everytime I call the support line the answers are quick and always to my satisfaction. I am glad that I choose to switch and would never go back. I look forward to seeing where A+ Delphi will continue go and grow and the future.

George from Psychotherapy

November 2011

I have a solo psychotherapy practice and came from an affiliation with a medical practice with in-house billing. I started my solo practice with a billing person and found that to be unsatisfactory on many levels. I was directed to A+ DELPHI by a clearinghouse. There were other subscription options, which I found complex and expensive. A+ DELPHI has been easy to learn, affordable, and excellent support. There are still features that I am stumbling upon and learning, but I found it easy to jump in with immediate functionality. I especially appreciate the hands-on, direct control of information, and the process. Believe me, temperamentally, I would rather have someone else deal with the details. Nonetheless, I am finding more satisfaction and effectiveness having first-hand information when dealing with clients.

Heather from Oak Hill Psychological

Delphi for Scheduling

It would also be nice if reports were able to be exported into excel for manipulation.

Pros

Cons

It can be difficult to make adjustments in both billing and scheduling areas. For example, if you schedule a reoccurring appointment, any changes made to the individual appointments will not be reflected when you run a schedule search for the individual.

Santhoshi from United health group

robust billing software application.

Pros

Best thing in delphi software is you can quickly learn and adapt to your organisation. and it has good technical support, It is a robust application. It has good trial version you can evaluate software and use it I just learning it is easy to learn.

Cons

Really I dont have much here, but some of screens little complex but ok to manage.

Jeanne from Choices Counseling

What I was looking for

I wanted a combination of accounting and documentation stored on my hard drive, not on the cloud.

Pros

Customer service is excellent. The program Gets the progress notes and billing in one place making it very easy to get my documentation done in minutes

Cons

There is a learning curve. Some of the menu items are not functional like accounting and a time field.

Janet from A Peaceful Place Counseling Center

February 2016

Using A+Delphi in my private practice

Pros

The vendor was very easy to work with and always available to discuss the product and answer questions. The software is easy to use because there are videos to explain everything.

Cons

I wish I could have worked with someone in person rather than over the phone. I would have liked to purchase the product rather than pay a monthly fee. I wish the scheduler would allow for clients to schedule their own appointments.

June 2012

Sharon from Sharon Hickey, PCC

June 2012

Six years ago I left a group practice to go solo. A friend recommended A+ Delphi to help with the new challenge of accounting and billing. What a blessing it has been. The learning curve was not bad at all and Will was always available and helpful with answers to any questions. I felt very secure about the accuracy of my records and the data entry was easy and required minimal effort. Some of my colleagues in small practices were struggling with their record keeping and billing and did not want to spend the money to purchase this software. It was the best investment I made. It saved me so much time and gave me great peace of mind, allowing me to focus on my clients and my work. Thanks, Delphi.

Priscilla from Wings of Courage Family Counseling Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

I've been using this program for around 10 years and from day 1 it proved to be easy to use, great database, and overall an excellent s/w program. Will is available to answer questions and provides assistance when needed. Upgrades are easy to download and website has training videos and much needed information. Extremely happy with this program.

Pros

Ease of use and excellent client database.

Cons

None.

July 2012

Barbara from The Women's Therapy Service of Montclair

July 2012

I have a small group practice with a few therapists working for me. Prior to A+ Delphi I was using a very expensive, time consuming, and complicated private billing company. I could not be more satisfied with Delphi. They offer immediate customer support, it's very user-friendly and it cuts down on my billing costs. I enjoy being able to bill for my clients myself. Once the system is in place for the client, I go on to take care with my families and we seldom discuss money. They enjoy having a therapist who makes the payment process user-friendly and smooth. As a private practitioner, Delphi has done nothing but make my life and my financial relationship with my clientele easier.

Timothy from Winding Creek Counseling Services

Great overall value

Scheduler is fantastic, email and text reminders are affordable, customer service is timely, cloud option for portability

Pros

Scheduler, reminders, cost, reporting

Cons

Accounting features are tedious and sometimes inaccurate (program makes mathematical errors) clearing house is sub par

September 2014

Wendy from Roots and Branches

September 2014

Service beyond measure

Pros

The programmer/owner answers the phone himself. He is so patient and willing to train. He also recognizes the skill level of the user and talks to their level of computer expertise.

Cons

There's no way to send appointment reminders via email through the software. I had to set up a Word email mail merge document to do that.

Bart from Bart Fields

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Mixed

While this product has some value in some of its features and offerings, its price does not support what you in return. This is based on the specific needs of my client, and may not apply to everyone.

Cons

Response from Will

Replied May 2017

This review is a complete surprise, and a disappointment for the following reasons: 1. This review is from someone that is not a customer of ours, has never been a customer of ours, has never used our software, and has never called for customer support. We have phone records to support this. 2. In a somewhat contradictory fashion, this person lists customer service as both a PRO and a CON. Not sure which one it is? 3. Finally, in relation to customer support, our response time is either immediate or within a few minutes if a message is left. Also, our knowledge of DELPHI is 100%, and support for DELPHI is handled by the developers and owners. If you want to know the truth, please read the rest of the reviews. Thanks for listening.

Steve from Arkansas Psychotherapy Center

Great System - Best Customer Service in USA

Pros

It's very easy to learn. If I have any questions, I can call, and they call back within 30 minutes!

Cons

There are no weak areas in the program. They are always open to any feedback for changes, and in all cases I am aware of, they have adopted the recommendations made.

Cheryl from Chad Davis Counseling, LLC

November 2011

We purchased A+ DELPHI software a little over a year ago and have found it to be very user-friendly. It provides everything required for a small practice, and we have received wonderful assistance from Will at A+ DELPHI whenever we have needed questions answered or experienced any minor glitches in the program. I would highly recommend this program to others.

Stuart from CS3Billing

I have been using this software for over 10 years and the ease of use is great. Also, has great customer service - a live body answers the phone or if I leave a message my calls are always returned promptly.

March 2012

Norma from Coounseling & Educational Services

March 2012

Will, the sales guy, is very helpful with setting up and learning how to use the program. He was very patient with me, even if I asked stupid questions. The price is right. I really recommend PC Consulting and the A+ DELPHI software. (They just have to keep Will on board!)

December 2011

Jo from MBC

December 2011

I also purchased A+ Delphi and not only has Will been helpful, he is funny. It is very user- friendly and is hip with the current requirements of the insurance companies. The reports are very accurate. The statements are readable. I just love this change.

Rashesh from dream

Average Billing Software

Pros

The software has some amazing features; as compare to other softwares. The instructional videos are quite helping to me.A quite good concept

Cons

Was bit confused in understanding how the system software flows.GUI is not that much good as compared to other billing softwares.

Kayce from Ability Rehab

Reveiw

It was fast startup, easy to use, good deal, great customer support

Pros

Cost

Cons

Time to get trained