McKesson Practice Choice Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Good for a small practice, fairly easy to use, notes are customizable, easy support during set up phase."
  • icon"The scheduler is very easy to navigate. The clinical portion is similar to a medical record with tabs at the top."
  • icon"McKesson is great to use for medical products. Ordering is easy, very user-friendly, and simple."
  • icon"Was there no check and balance system in place before these were printed. And there are so many grammatical and punctuation mistakes."
  • icon"Hard to find your rejections and hard to read."

Have you used McKesson Practice Choice and would like to share your experience with others?

All McKesson Practice Choice Reviews

Nancy

Best software program I have ever used. Designers nailed it. They are to be commended. I wish I could speak to them. So sorry to see this program sunset.

The best program I have ever used

Pros

There is nothing not to like. Simple. Easy. User friendly. Uncomplicated. Everything about this program is perfect

Cons

Nothing to dislike about this program. I cannot think of a single con. Sorry. I wish I could speak to the designers

Lisa

A lot of ups and downs but great now.

Are you sure it has to sunset?

Pros

It looks like a real patient chart and has become easy to use. I will miss the open atmosphere of this EHR when it sunsets 3/31/2017

Cons

I have had issues with open cases not getting resolved in a timely manner. The past 6 months has been better

Norina

February 2015

Poor Product, Poor Support - but it has good potential

Pros

My VAR has been exceptionally helpful, but McKesson Practice Choice was the worst thing I could have purchased. The tutorial to entice you into buying the pediatric product was so good. They definitely "talk the talk" to lure you in, but in reality, the problems are astronomical. The pediatric templates are okay; a lot of customization needs to be done, but some have completely wrong statements.

Cons

The software is always shutting down or freezing out the screen, and I lose notes every single day! We built a new office and purchased all new computer equipment and have the best internet options available (our VAR built our server, so we made sure we had all the correct specifications before purchasing and installing MPC). McKesson always tells us it's our internet, but we are online all day long verifying insurances and accessing medical websites. My husband is always doing online banking, and his medical practice has no issues with his software (we share an office, but he is in a different specialty), and we never get kicked out or frozen out of anything else. And the templates have a lot of big mistakes. First, the growth curve: if a child is 11 years, 11 months, it plots at 11 yo. It should be plotting at 11 years, 11 months, which is closer to 12 yo than 11 yo. That's a big difference in weight and height percentages, especially if you are following obesity, short stature, or failure to grow. Next, the 2, 3, and 4 yo well templates read as "well term infant in no distress," and there is a fontanelle line on the physical exam. Seriously? Did anybody check this before it was put out for purchasing? The psychiatric part of the exam has spirometry results on that line; you've got to be kidding! Who wrote these templates? Was there no check and balance system in place before these were printed? And there are so many grammatical and punctuation mistakes. If I need to print out a note for a specialist or insurance company, I need to go back and clean up the note, grammatically correct everything, and fix punctuation before I can send it so that I don't look like a bumbling idiot. I can't stand the fact that my notes read like a 5 yo learning grammar or punctuation, but there is simply no time to make my notes right. I only clean them up when I need to print it out.

Bonnie

Ophthalmic Products

Pros

Super easy to navigate. Easy to view instock items or backordered items. Estimated delivery stated clearly.

Cons

Item numbers versus product number vary on occasion. Discontinued items or backordered items take a while to be delivered.

Kelsey

McKesson is helpful for medical device products

Pros

We use McKesson ordering which is easy, user friendly, intuitive, and straight forward. We order medical supplies for our office and overall are very satisfied with the product.

Cons

The web page could be upgraded to function faster. Other than that, there isn't much that we would change about the software.

Julie

Great while it lasted!

They no longer have this software. Very sad

Pros

Very user friendly. Loved that it would tell you that your claims were rejected and took you exactly where to fix problem.

Cons

I didn't like relay there clearing house. Not user friendly. Hard to find your rejections and hard to read.

Debra

User friendly

Pros

Ease of navigation. The scheduler is very easy to navigate. The clinical portion is similar to a medical record with tabs at the top.

Cons

McKesson Practice Choice is being "sunsetted". We will no longer being able to access our EHR System after April 2018.

Zeeshan

2.5

May 2016

Okay for Sole Providers

Pros

It is a cloud based platform, makes it easy to connect to anywhere.

Cons

There is no mobile access, the spell check is very faulty, the notes some times do not save.

Tina

Fair, but has sunsetted

Pros

Cons

Inadequate training, many updates and outages, takes a long time for issues to resolve. Also... no longer available

Susan

February 2014

McKesson Pratice Choice

Pros

I like the accessibility. I am able to access patient records and my schedule from anywhere.

Cons

I dislike that I have to go through a VAR instead of dealing with McKesson personally.

Kimberly

September 2013

We are a small Internal Medicine practice with one doctor. We have been using Practice Choice for a year now and have loved it. It is very easy to use and very customizable to our practice. The implementation was very personal and tailored to our office workflow. Our implementation specialist worked with us to make sure that we understood how to use the system and all the ways that we could customize the notes to meet our needs. I have really loved the customer support from the McKesson team. They are always so pleasant to speak with and work to resolve any issues or questions we might have right away. They also really listen to what practices say and take our input to heart, trying to better the system all the time with the monthly updates. The staff at McKesson has made the transition to a new system painless and easy. Our office workflow is also streamlined and we are able to manage our patients betters. Having an integrated system has meant having all the information at the tip of our fingers when a patient calls or comes in. We are able to offer a higher quality of care because we are not having to spend time flipping through paper charts to find past labs, radiology, or immunization records. I can't say enough about the system and the customer support. I would highly recommend this system to anyone looking to get an EHR!

JENNIFER

AWESOME PRODUCT

Pros

THIS PROGRAM IS USER FRIENDLY, EASY TO USE AND NAVIGATE AROUND IN THE PROGRAM TO FIND PRODUCTS AND HELP WHEN NEEDED IS AVALIBILE.

Cons

THE ONLY CON THAT I HAVE IS THAT IS SOMETIMES TAKES A LITTLE WHILE TO LOAD ESPECIALLY IF LOOKING FOR SOMETHING WITH A LARGE FILE.

Stephany

September 2013

We have been using this cloud based product, along with Relay Healty (prescribing module), for 2 months and find its not as reliable as it states. It has the ability to be a great product, but Practice Choice and Relay Health are busy pointing the finger at who's fault it is that your notes were lost, or your system went down, or you are unable to get refill requests through the online system. Patients will not tolerate this "sorry, our system is down routine" on an hourly basis! When we complain about how often we encounter errors and get knocked out of Practice Choice, we are reminded of how unsteady the Internet can be and it's just something you have to "adapt" to when working with cloud based products. When I connect to Lytec, for billing or adding new patients, I use the Internet to connect to my server. But I'm not constantly being kicked off the server because of the instability of the Internet. We are a family practice office, with two locations, and I have used Lytec (also a McKesson product) for 15 years. Practice Choice is the EHR module that is to "talk" to Lytec. As of today, it is sharing very little information! Implementation has been difficult! Instead of a team of people stating "before you go live let's clean up your Lytec junk and move forward", they go live and just let the problems begin. I have to go through our VARS in order to talk with anyone at McKesson to voice a concern. Their customer service is not always professional. I pray daily I have not made a mistake going with this product.

Katelyn

Great choice!

Pros

Since being in the medical field, I've always used McKesson. It's been on the top of line choices and have never had an issue or if one did arise, it was easily taken care of with no problem.

Cons

I do not have any cons to say about McKesson. It's been a choice of product/service since I've been in the medical field since 2015.

Tina

Don't use practice choice

It is the worst product on the market. The people will lie about being compatible to dragon. False. Training was terrible. And the system has so many glitches. Watch the contract. You have to sign for a year even if you can't use the product

Pros

Nothing

Cons

High monthly cost Not dragon friendly Have to pay to export

Janice

Do not use this product!!!

Every time there is an update it takes weeks to work out the kinks. I can't believe any company would release new versions without checking to make sure it works first! Constant outages and error messages. Contract includes Clinical Quality Measure reports in out monthly subscription. They changed vendors for the CQM reports and notified us on 10/5/16 that if we wanted to attest for MU this year, we would need to sign up with elixir from figMD BY 10/15/16. They are trying to charge us a subscription fee even though our contract includes these reports. It's as is they are holding our reports hostage and trying to charge a ransom. They were smart enough to only give 10 days so people will just sign up and pay the fee. I have had numerous support issues and it takes months to get it fixed. It took a full year to get the direct messaging up and running despite numerous phone calls.

Linda