• Pros

• "I love how this software uses Zoom for their telehealth platform. I love this system is a "one stop shop"."

• "I like that we can control the customization for almost everything"

• "This product has so many features that we have not even cracked the surface on yet but so far we are very happy with what we are capable of doing with this program. The customer service is AMAZING!!! "

• Cons

• "Training was somewhat confusing for some levels of staff. I would recommend training team leaders to start with and allowing More hands on time"

• " Initially, it is a little complicated with many features I was unfamiliar with. This reflects the completeness of the program although it could be simplified in some areas."

• "The cost to set it up is quite high for a smaller company like ours and it was a difficult start to our implementation process due to staffing. The problems were quickly resolved."

Browse InSync Healthcare Solutions Reviews

Claire from Olivier Group Wellness Center

Insync - efficiencies on EHR and RCM sides

Overall Insync Healthcare Solutions is a comprehensive integration of clinical and business in one user-friendly customizable product.

Pros

We have been using Insync for a year now and overall have been very pleased. On the EHR side, the customization of the platform, particularly the Encouter Notes has been the best feature. Being able to tailor it to our patient population with integration of review of systems, quick check-boxes and so many scales has streamlined our documentation and improved efficiency. On the RCM side, having a designated team has been invaluable! Our Accountant Managers have been very knowledgable and creative, out-of-the-box investigators and our revenue stream has steadily increased over the past year. Additionally, the Customer Support Team has also been incredibly accessible and so helpful in problem-solving issues that arise.

Cons

The reports are plentiful, but almost too many options. It has been somewhat challenging to find the right reports to measure productivity. The RCM team continues to take our feedback and are regularly updating and improving reports.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Web-based updates were slow-coming with Valant and the RCM contracting partner, Zirmed/Waystar/Navicure was not easy to work with and was bought and sold several times.

Linda from Linda M Guhe, MSW

Happy Customer

I only first went live beginning February 2021, with the encouragement of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]., my Implementation Specialist. I admit, in the beginning I felt overwhelmed because I am the sole provider I had to learn all aspects of the software. However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] encouraged me to hang in there and promised the support would be there when I needed. I'm very happy I hung in...Insync is going to make my professional life so much easier.

Pros

Insync allows me to bring all facets of my business under one umbrella: program management, submitting claims, client/patient statements, clearinghouse, credit card processing, patient portal with customized forms for progress notes and initial assessment, along with HIPAA and consent for treatment, and telehealth with Zoom that is very reliable. With the portal, patients can make their credit card payments online and send/receive emails that are all HIPAA compliant.

Cons

Setting up insurance companies was a bit of a challenge; however, that is because I forgot to change my address on Medicare website which caused a glitch in processing claims.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

I actually signed on with AdvancedMD which proved to be too robust for a sole provider, for me anyway. There are way too many functions to learn and process. I ended up terminating after about 4 months. It would be great for a larger business. Insync Healthcare is more reasonable financially than AdvancedMD and Icanotes with all other added aspects of my business as well.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Specifically, aspects of my business were spread out. Program management and electronic billing are included with Icanotes. However, every other aspect of my business was outside Icanotes software: clearing house, the telehealth, credit card processing, initial assessment had to emailed to patient in paper form to be completed and returned to me via email, fax, or snail mail. Patients had to go to my website to make credit card payments. All aspects of my business were too scattered to function smoothly. With Insync, everything for my business in all under one umbrella.

Elizabeth from Northwest ADHD Treatment Center

Worst EHR I have ever used

Worst, most time consuming and ineffective EHR I have worked with. And I have worked with many including in hospitals, private organizations and for the government. I would gladly go bad to any previous EHR just to avoid working any longer with InSync. This does NOT function well for the providers at our clinic using it. It has been a frequent and regular source of complaint

Pros

In theory the idea that it is customizable was appealing. I can't call that a pro because it does not function effectively. I can honestly say that after working with it for more than a year there isn't a single thing I like about this EHR. I hate it. I don't have an option to change as I am part of a group practice that purchased it but all providers there reflect regularly on how displeased we are with InSync

Cons

Constant bugs and problems. It does not appear that it is even checked for basic bugs after changes or updates. There are too many problems to list but something as simple as scheduling is so convoluted and problematic. It seems clear that the coders making the changes have no idea what it is like to use an EHR as a mental health professional, what is needed etc. A year later we are still having problems regularly. It is so incredibly time consuming just communicating with support staff about problems with InSynch - I never try to customize or improve anything because I can't rely on it to work and I can't even take time to think about what would be idea because so much time is spent asking about basic functions that aren't working or surprise problems

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

This was the choice of the owners of the group practice.

Dennis from Behavioral Health Services, Madera County

Excellent product - Awsome Support Staff

Once we met with the InSync management we knew this was the company for us. They are "can do" people. They had a solution for every challenge we have. As a large behavioral health service provider we have staff located in many places so we needed a software product that had strong management functions. InSync has it.

Pros

First and foremost the ease of use. The product is very intuitive and easy for staff to learn and operate. Second, the support staff are awesome. They helped us at every step. Very knowledgeable, approachable and always there for us. Also, the cost savings. While we didn't realize how much we were going to save at the beginning. We now know we will save $3M over the next 10 years. And we will be able to repurpose a couple of staff as less support is required with this product.

Cons

Gees, not much here. We are so satisfied. I guess the fact we did not implement it sooner.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

The product was more usable. More flexible. More learnable. More in everyway. And the staff are all awesome!!

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Our old system - was just too old. While, we are savings a tremendous amount of money we choose InSync because we need a more modern system. Something that could change with the times, something flexible and able to integrate our State required reporting into the software.

Celeste from Encompass Care Inc

InSync Software

Pros

The initial set-up of the software is complex however the implementation team guides time and tasks very efficiently. Once the procedures and processes are solidified the day to day tasks are transferred to Insync RCM and the RCM Department. Our RCM Account Manager works diligently to bill and collect for our services to the point that our collections are at 99% and our days outstanding run around 15 days. The Account Manager understands the importance of clean billing to reduce write-offs and is very responsive when we need guidance. It is a pleasure to work with InSync RCM.

Cons

As an accountant I would like more thoughtful use of the database with focused reports that take into account accrual accounting. The system reports are robust and informational however they are cash basis accounting which require manipulation if your company is accrual accounting based.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Ability to customize the patient documentation.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

The software was difficult to use, customer support was minimal, the software did not support secondary billing, nor were the patient statements acceptable.

Jacqueline from Creative Counseling and Learning Solut

Industry: Mental Health Care

Insync; RCM and overall experience.

Overall, InSync is user friendly and has various features that will be beneficial to our practice. The implementation process itself has been great mostly because of the individuals that have been working diligently to ensure our success. I would like to acknowledge [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with the RCM team. From the very first moment I met [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I knew that we were in good hands. She is solution-focused, results driven and has excellent interpersonal skills. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is extremely knowledgeable yet compassionate with her approach. She welcomes all questions and has consistently made our practice feel like a priority. It is a breath of fresh air to work with someone that not only understands their role, but can also validate, empower, and offer solutions to enhance process flows. We are extremely grateful to have her as a part of our team!

Pros

The dashboard, shortcuts and reporting are some of our best features in InSync. We also like that the system is customizable and we have been able to enhance some of our documentation. The implementation team has great to work with and has been easily accessible for questions unlike our previous provider.

Cons

The calendar feature in InSync is our least favorite function. We also hope that one day InSync will have it's own app so that therapists can easily access their clients for the day.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Simple Practice was not able to offer us reporting and functionalities that were needed to grow as a practice.

anne from Mana Psychiatry and Wellness, LLC

Insync

I've been impressed with the quick response time to questions or problems I run across within the system. The implementation team was top-notch [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Insync has multiple features not found in other products. The patient portal has been very helpful in communicating with patients, allowing them to schedule their appointments and sign releases.

Cons

Difficult at first to navigate. Fortunately, the support team replied promptly to every problem I ran across or question I had. For someone that is electronically inclined, I'm sure this product can do far more then what I am currently using it for.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Insync was recommended by another business owner. Price was more reasonable then most of the products I reviewed.

Tammie from SOLUTIONS FOR LIFE

Implementation

My overall experience with InSync has been very good. I wish we had switched over months ago.

Pros

I really like the functionality of the software, it is easy to use and easily accessible in our changing work environments. The implementation representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful and knowledgeable. She was willing to help talk us through many areas. Our trainer was also great.

Cons

The work of implementation is my least favorite part of this software. Getting all of our data switched over from our old system has been trying.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

The old system is server based and antiquated and full of glitches. Costs associated with any needed upgrade was also frustrating when the upgrades created additional glitches.

Kristin from Healthwise Behavioral Health & Wellness

Industry: Mental Health Care

Quality product and excellent implementation process

I highly recommend the product and implementation team.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was knowledgeable, accommodating, thorough and very friendly. Her positive positive attitude helped reduce sense of anxiety and overwhelm throughout the process. She made herself very available and often went above and beyond with her customer service!

Pros

The ability to customize to our individual practice and for each provider needs Modern software for EHR options available Zoom integration Patient Portal ease of use Continued upgrades available

Cons

price The many features at times feel unorganized

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Needed more modern system with integrated telehealth and ease of patient portal use

Michelle from Outpatient Clinic

This application has the potential to be great with a massive overhaul

Overall, I believe this application has the potential to be really good though it needs a rather substantial overhaul to be fully brought into the 21st century. For an application that hasn’t been around a decade, some of the features are quite dated and there is zero transparency on suggestions for application modifications and seemingly zero quality control. I firmly believe that many of this platforms limitations is the result of skill (or lack thereof) of the developers as many much older EMRs have the basic functions that InSynch lacks.

Pros

You can add your own forms and documents. (Although said custom document seem to exist pretty much as stand alone documents. There is no way to inject otherwise populate data already within InSynch into said forms thereby requiring lots of manual typing of duplicative data).

Cons

This application has NO test environment. This means when you Go Live and as you continually onboard new staff, you will be playing around in your live system. This matters because there is no way to delete anything in this platform, not even as an administrator. The application is exceptionally slow. There is no global autosave feature which means that there is a huge possibility of loosing data. Pages take a long time loading. The calendar needs a massive overhaul as it is very dated and rather limited. Providers cannot individually set their availability. Availability is limited to the agency hours and no appointments can be set outside of this without resorting to all sort of antics. Client documents must be added one at a time. Actually, very little can be completed in this application in bulk, which is very frustrating and time consuming. Moreover, you cannot download a clients entire chart at once. Each document must be downloaded one at at time which is unnecessarily laborious.

Sondra from Carbon County Counseling Center

Carbon County Counseling Center

I have to say that all of my interactions with InSync and the various staff that I dealt with were very pleasant to work with and very helpful. Our Implementation Specialist and Trainer,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was awesome to work with. He was always willing to help in any way and was patient when we needed clarification on something more than once. He was really helpful in helping brainstorm different things that might be helpful to our agency, since I wasn't getting much feedback from my staff. He was very knowledgeable about the system. If there was something that he couldn't do or wasn't sure about, he was quick to get right on addressing the issue/question/concern. This helped us to continue to move forward in the process. He also did a really great job about following up with us and helping us work out some kinks that came up after we went live.

Pros

I liked that this software was fairly easy to navigate. It is also easy to make modification and changes to various aspects of the system, so that it can grow with us and be molded to fit our needs as our needs change. I also like the fact that it is internet based, so that we aren't limited to access and staff can get caught up on their work or can work from home if the need arises, particularly with the COVID-19 pandemic. I also like the fact that the system seems to capture more information and helps provide a clearer picture of what our clients needs and progress are. I also like how easy it is to create forms to add to our system, so that we can transition to a completely paperless system. I also love the fact that you have videos to show how to do certain tasks in the system. It made my life a lot easier when it came to learning the system and training the staff. It is also nice to go back and get a refresher if it is something that we don't do every day.

Cons

We did have some difficulty with integrating the software into our agency, but I don't really think that had anything to do with the software. I think that it was more of a reluctance of some staff to learn a new system and being kind of set in their ways. I also think that we could have customized things so much more if I would have received feedback from my clinical staff. I have since learned of so many other options that we had available to us, as we have merged with a different agency (High Country Behavioral Health) and I have seen how differently they are set up. Like I said though, I don't think this had anything to do with the software, more the individuals that were going to be using it and that I needed feedback from. Some of the videos were a little outdate, because updates had been made. Some individuals had some difficulty with that. I still really like that you guys had that option.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

I wasn't really involved in the process of selecting this software. I do know that about a year prior to switching to InSync that we were going to go with another EHR program, but their funding was terminated and it was no longer an option.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

ClinicalAid was starting to become a bit cumbersome and wasn't capturing everything that we needed or wanted it to capture. The system is a bit on the outdated side and worked for us for a lot of years. Several other agencies in the State of Wyoming also went with this system. We thought it would make things easier to share information across agencies as well.

Kelly from High Country Behavioral Health

Outstanding Development and Implementation

The different stages I have been in with InSync has far exceeded my expectations. The team I have worked with from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] everyone has been not just patient and kind, but knowledgeable and helpful. The customer service alone would keep me with InSync, but the actual product is easy for all of our different types of workers from the more technologically hesitant to those who are more fluent in different EHRs. I was hesitant to change EHRs because I know how extensive the transition can be but I have to say it has gone much much better than I would have ever thought!

Pros

I have had to change systems before just a few years ago and the development and implementation team we worked with for InSync was beyond phenomenal. Not just knowledgeable but really eager to make the system work for us instead of just getting it implemented. We had some big changes for our organization in the middle of it and the InSync team came to us with not just a ton of positivity but with solutions and suggestions to our concerns. Phenomenal team.

Cons

I am currently at a point where I am finding very little that I dislike about the program. There is always the minor hiccup here and there finding things we thought we created right but needing to adjust and that really just comes with any system.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Pricing obviously is always key for a smaller non-profit organization. The ease of the system, it is intuitive and is an every flowing system, not waiting for more builds to be stacked on top of each other to work. The hope for faster response times on problems with the system and also the ability to use the system easily on any browser, the client portal and the overall team we were dealing with.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

We needed an EHR with a better flow in day to day use, less builds upon builds, and faster resolutions to issues. We were combining two states for the first time and the options we had in InSync would far exceed what we had in MyEvolv.

Lindsay from Psychology and Counseling Center of Cartersville, PC

Psychology and Counseling Center - Insync Review: Billing and Scheduling

While the beginning parts were rocky, overall, our office is very happy with the program. We have seen an improvement in workflow as well as in revenue.

Pros

The product makes workflow easy and provides accurate information for the user quickly and clearly. There are a lot of little things that Insync's product provides that make it easier to function. Billing: Having a large billing team is wonderful. The billing team is able to get claims out quickly and properly. Communication: The communication between IT, service, and billing department and the client is outstanding. It enables our office to troubleshoot small and large issues in a timely manner and creates a more smooth and profitable outcome for our business and providers.

Cons

The initial learning curve with the product was extremely difficult. We had great assistance from the onboarding team; however, due to all of the 'bells and whistles" it made it quite difficult to learn. Eligibility: Our office pays for Eligibility which is great because it shows us real time if the patient's insurance is active. Unfortunately, benefits for mental health are not shown on this portal. It would be wonderful if our office and other mental health offices had access to this information as it would save hours of time for the office as we still have to verify benefits for new patients who come in and existing patients who have insurance changes.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

It provided the services that our office required to run effectively and efficiently. Customer service was and still is great.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

The product was outdated and difficult to use.

Davey from Mind and Motion

Industry: Mental Health Care

Customizable software for practices that operate differently from the rest!

Our overall experience with InSync was great! There were much fewer "disconnects" between what the sales team promised and what was actually delivered than we expected. Their company is highly organized and the process from sales to use was very transparent. In the areas where the software fell short, their team was able to provide a workaround for our practice in the short-term while their development team was notified to make long-term adjustments. The implementation process happened in the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak. Which for us meant moving our on-site implementation to virtual. With that being said, InSync was still able to provide a good implementation for our practice all through Zoom calls - which further speaks to how well trained and adaptable their staff is.

Pros

- EHR module for mental/behavioral health services is very comprehensive and comes with the ability to automatically integrate patient responses on forms and normed tools right into your notes. - All of the reports are very comprehensive and export to excel with filters already built-in. You can get information as granularly as you need. - Generally, most aspects of the software are highly customizable. - Support and Implementation teams are highly accessible and responsive. - The development team seems to make rapid improvements and feature requests.

Cons

- In addition to behavioral health, our practice also offers Speech, Occupational, and Physical Therapy services. Many of our patients are receiving services from multiple disciplines. Where this software excels on the behavioral health part of the EHR, it falls short for our other services. It does not have built-in templates/graphs for evaluations of the Allied Health disciplines and InSync does not have clinical professionals on their staff that really understand the clinical work-flow for those services which can make setup and implementation a challenge. We've also found that clinical goals can get shared across providers of different disciplines which can cause the note-taking process to be more cumbersome than necessary. - As this software is customizable you must "purchase" licenses for use. If you are a practice that has a fluctuating number of physicians, the process to get licenses for providers is over-kill. - With a high-level of customization comes many menus and places where changes can be made or things can be found (or lost). For many people, getting around the software is not as intuitive as others we've seen.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

InSync provided better or similar solutions for our group than all other products for the same or not much more cost. Cheaper software solutions did not provide us with the tools needed for our practice to be successful.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

NueMD was acquired by AdvancedMD and was no longer being supported. While AdvancedMD offered to move us to their software, we found that it was not a good fit for our organization.

Kimberly from Forte Family Practice

Very Impressive System

So far, we are only not even a month into the system and have been able to not buy 10 cases of paper a week. Yep, were were paper charts, Doctor never did EMR. She loves it. Billing is getting a handle on the mountains of EOB's and the Meaningful Use reporting required by ACO's and Medicare, have eased several persons jobs where they have been able to take a vacation.

Pros

Wow! When a chosen group of 4 personnel decided to switch systems, I was in the forefront of finding exactly the right system for our practice. We had outgrown our old system. I chose 5 companies, InSync was the 4th to be viewed. The sounds coming from the office after viewing the system, told it all. We found OUR system. Since all systems with them are not alike, that made it all that more special. Everything was thought of in designing this program from the colors being all happy and when our logo was already on the system, all I could say was "SOLD". Integration was very good, I had transferred systems 4 times before and I was nervous because this was the largest I every had to oversee. They made it seamless. I was the only one to learn the system, per the owner of the company, so as to not have way too many minds explaining what they all needed. I had a good idea of how this company runs and was to design it accordingly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], my Implementation and Training Specialist, was unbelieveable. She had so much patience and never minded going over and over things until I understood. When I felt we were ready, we presented it to Doctor. There were tears in her eyes as she was so happy with HER system. Built completely with her in mind and the other 85 other staff members. This systems has and will continue to allow us to take this company to new heights. We added a new office already. Thank you, INSYNC!

Cons

I least like that it is fun. You actually want to keep working, or playing, as we call it. Hard to shut it off. One showing of the system by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and you are sold. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will call you just to chat.... All fun people. The in house people were amazing. I just realized, there is no CONS....

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

1st obvious is the price. 2nd was the ease of use. 3rd was the fun of using it.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Slow system, I would never use it for Billing. Doctor would not chart with it, too slow.

Nick from Turning Point LLC

InSync EMR Review

Our overall experience with this Insync so far has been really good. We really appreciate the support that has been given to us. I have a few overall concerns though: -Things felt rushed. I felt like even though we had deadlines, we needed more time with implementation. the rep did not contribute to this. Just in general though, I felt rushed to decide on the contract originally, I felt rushed on picking a "go live date", and I felt rushed getting all the information prepared for the go live date (even when it was looking like we might not make it, the option of pushing it back a little was not on the table). -The support team does the best the can to help us solve our problems and we love that. There is a language barrier though that makes understanding the material challenging. Including the Insync University tutorial videos.

Pros

The part of Insync that we like so far the most, is the patient portal and how simple the system is for patients to use. We also really like that we do not have to bill secondary claims out on paper by using Insync. This is way more efficient than what we were doing in the past. We also really like the central scheduler. It is way more friendly. The global schedule is simple, sleek, and clear.

Cons

This is a hard question for me to answer at this time because we have only been live for 3 months. So far what we like least is the billing section of the practice management portion. We haven't used the automated claim generator yet, and honestly we are nervous about it just because the migration from the old system to this was so messy that we are afraid if we do not go through everything by hand for a while, we will miss critical details that will effect claims going out "automatically." Another thing that we really like, but also dislike is how deep this software goes. There is almost too much that can be done in Insync. It is such a big system that we feel that it is going to take us at least a year to really have a good grasp on what Insync is capable of. Lastly, we really aren't a big fan of the way that the assessment is set up currently. We are moving things around and adjusting to see if we can disable parts we don't use, or add parts that speed up our process, but right now it is no simpler than the last EHR we used.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Poor customer service, to many clicks to get to certain places in the EHR, no patient portal, and Welligent constantly crashed and the system would be down minutes, all the way to days sometimes, costing us a ton of money.

Jeffrey from Paris Family Physicians

Very very good EMR

I am able to now say to the government that I have an EMR that is certified for MIPS and the other current government requirements, which will allow me to avoid penalties in the future.

Pros

It is cloud based so I don't have to go in after hours to do constant "updates" like I used to on my old EMR. THe presentation of the screens appear professional and the notes are laid out in a professional appearing fashion. I like the lab interface as well and the patient portal is very nice.

Cons

The templates are not as robust as what I am used to. THey only allow you to save pre-clicks in the physical exam templates and I really miss it in the Review of Systems. The medication/allergy modules are a third party and don't interface seemlessly with the software. For instance, if a pharmacy sends me a request for a refill on Joe Smith, I can't just click on Joe SMith's name and be brought to the refill screen automatically. I have to log out of the pharmacy screen, search for the patient's name in the EMR, navigate back to the medicine module, search for the medicine that they requested and THEN finally refill it. This is very inefficient. If the pharmacy is requesting medicine XYZ for Joe Smith, we should be able to be brought to the refill of XYZ on Joe Smith with literally one click and no typing of names. I think they are working on fixing this so I am hopeful it will improve soon.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

eMDs constantly crashed, was getting slower and slower because of the constant add-ons they have patched together to "satisfy" MIPS and other government requirements. They couldn't get my patient portal working and stable, which is one of the main requirements with MIPS. They are very expensive. The version I had was server based (instead of cloud based) and I would have to go back into the office after hours constantly to do the "upgrades" and the upgrades were getting more and more time consuming (not to mention frightening, since if they crashed my server or had some sort of fatal error when I was uploading them at 11PM on a Sunday night, I had nobody to call to help me fix it (yes, it happened more than once).

Rebecca from Willowstone Family Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

This system has caused too many grey hairs and too much stress . . .

The set up process for this system was very stressful – we were promised outcome reports and the ability to do accrual accounting reports that were not developed until months after we went live with the system. Most of their support staff are from India and are difficult to understand, and the amount of staff hours it took to customize the system was outrageously high. Overall, it is a relatively easy system to use although there are times when things take three key strokes when it seems like it should only take one.

Pros

Our initial support and training staff were exceptionally responsive to our needs and excellent at what they do. Most of the people who work for the company seem to really care about the product and care about whether we are happy with the system or not. Even the owner of the company went to bat for us several times when we were not getting features we had been promised in a timely fashion. Generally, the system is extremely customizable to our practice and we were able to set it up for our specific needs. Now that the system is up and running, our staff, clinical as well as billing/scheduling, seem to be really happy with it.

Cons

As I mentioned, during the initial setup and customization of the system, our initial trainers and sales people were all awesome to work with. Now that we have gone live and are using the system, we are dealing with the technical support staff. While they generally respond in a timely manner, all of the ones I have dealt with are from India and are either extremely difficult to understand or else don’t seem to fully understand what we are trying to say. This can be extremely frustrating at times. We were told the program was very customizable – which is true. The problem is we didn’t realize that their setup team had so many customizations and updates to make for other clients that it took almost 8 months from the time we signed the initial contract to get our needs addressed. This wasn’t helped by the fact that they kept giving us dates we could expect the next software roll-out and then those dates kept getting postponed. One major problem was that we had been told before we bought the system that it could do accrual accounting. Then we discovered it wasn’t set up to do accrual accounting at all. From April 1st, when we went live, to the end of June, we were unable to generate any financial data. This was a big problem for us. In addition, we were unable to generate specific outcome reports we had been promised (and that we needed for quarterly reports for some of our funding sources). This has been worked out now but was very stressful at the time. One of the things that appealed to us about this system in the beginning was the great reviews it got for its technical support and the responsiveness by which they responded to problems. While they are generally responsive, they haven’t consistently been so. One staff person told us the company was growing so fast that they were unable to respond to the increase in technical support needs. Maybe this is something that has been ironed out by now but it was certainly a problem early on.

Sylvia from Theodore J. Caliendo, MD, A Medical Corporation

October 2015

INSYNC made it all possible! THANK YOU InSync!

Pros

I love that InSync understood from the start that all practices (even within their own specialty) have very specific requirements and needs. Insync personalized the software to accommodate the needs of our practice and also tailored the EMR's work flow to mirror our current work flow pattern. This allowed for a much smoother transition. InSync was our practice's second attempt to transition to an EMR system. Our previous vendor's software was very restrictive and offered very little in the way of personalizing it to meet our needs. It wasn't user friendly and their technical support wasn't very supportive or helpful. Being user friendly is extremely important. Even if an EMR is tailored to your needs, if you can't figure your way through it in a quick, easy manner, you will end up frustrated and unhappy with your EMR choice. InSync's EMR is VERY USER FRIENDLY and is set up in a SENSIBLE MANNER that doesn't get you lost or confused. InSync made our transition from paper to EMR pretty darn easy for such a big, sometimes scary, undertaking. I can't say enough about how much support they offered both technical and personal (needed some emotional hand holding at times!). They went out of their way to make sure we successfully transitioned and they continue to be there for any ongoing support we may need.

Cons

The only thing that I could say here was that I wish I could have extended the 3 day onsite training to 30 days! Uh, but that would be unreasonable I know :-) But in reality, InSync, although not physically present in my office anymore, has always been available to answer my questions, guide me when needed and to help troubleshoot solutions. By "troubleshoot solutions" I don't want to imply there are any "issues" with the software. I haven't found any "issues" as of yet. I happen to have very high expectations of what I was looking to capture from an EMR, and how I could use it to help our practice meet AND score high on ALL clinical measures across the board for P4P, HEDIS and Meaningful Use. So by "troubleshoot" I just meant we worked to make sure this could be achieved. I am happy with the outcome.

Jacqueline from South Texas Psychological Associates

RCM Services

Pros

This software has definitely improved our workflow processes and has exceeded our expectations regarding the easiness and accuracy of implementation from our previous reports. The product itself is user-friendly but what is most valuable to us is the constant overview and assistance provided by our account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. We are extremely satisfied with her and her team’s support.

Cons

There are constant changes being made to the software program, which can create a learning curve at times, but we understand and are confident these ongoing changes are only implemented to better the products and we all benefit from these changes.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

We chose InSync not only because of its competitive price and licensing benefits but also because of all the products it offers on both ends with RCM and EHR.

Tina from Cedar Ridge Counseling Centers. LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Implementation Team is Amazing!

The entire team is flawless and go above and beyond to help us with every single question we ask, and we ask a ton of questions. They never make us feel like we are bothering them with the same question, as a matter of fact, I feel like we are they only client, when I know that’s just not the case.

Pros

The customer support you receive from the time of the sale to launch and even after is excellent. They hold your hand through the entire process making a very stressful situation manageable, including training our 65 providers.

Cons

Seems like a few things have more steps than should be necessary to complete on the PM side.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

The purchase of the licenses vs just leasing and the promise to configure the system to meet the needs of our group.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

I’ve been thinking of changing for years because they haven’t updated anything for years. Finally they announced they were closing the web based version at the end of the year and it made the decision to make it happen easier.

La Keita from Institute for HEALing, LLC

I Loved My Implementation Team!

Rep is absolutely amazing. I bugged the hall out of that woman for the better part of a month. She never lost her patience and she was so helpful. Always validating when I figured something out and emailing back so quickly. She is a dream and should get a raise. She supported my ambitious request to go live about 3.5 weeks after signing on and I'm so glad that we did. Was it stressful? Yes. Would using our old EMR been more stressful given its limitations? Yes!!! Rep is amazing! She kind, knowledgable, smart, funny, and a really good teacher. She definitely understands how to teach users to use the system and to think like the system. She also turned around emails very quickly and was a treasure. I'm so glad that I had these two on my team. They made my experience with InSync a great one. I would recommend InSync to others based off these two and the features mentioned above alone. Rep was also a great support. I didn't have an amazing experience with executive. I found her to be cold via email and not very responsive via email. I was short and to the point, but cold compared to my interactions with other team members.

Pros

I love all of the features. Sticky notes, messaging, batch payments, ERAs, form creation, assessments.

Cons

There is no instant message feature. It's a great feature when there is a patient escalating in the room. You don't have to leave them alone to come get someone. Some of the features are over-priced, which makes customers find workarounds. You would get more business by lowering the price because customers would keep the added feature for the life of their time with InSync. No telehealth yet. Please release this ASAP. We have to pay for a service outside of InSync and use it concurrently with the EMR. It would be easier to have it embedded.

Patricia from Sutton Counseling Services

Great software

Sales and training staff have been very professional and helpful. Our trainer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was very professional, congenial, and always very patient with our questions. He is a real asset to InSync and always willing to answer questions, often after hours.

Pros

The software is easy to use and learn. It's very versatile and has more features than others we have used that make our work easier and more efficient. The software is integrated with the billing portion which saves us time. Errors are fixable before sending to billing.

Cons

We are very new to using the software and so far I can't see any problems or issues that I would change. After using it for a while, there may be some suggestions but the program is so complete that simple customizations make everything fit our needs so far.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

InSync is more versatile and more customizable than the others she looked at.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

We have several problems with their software. Their support staff was always good to help us but because the software program and the billing program were two separate programs, it was time consuming to do much of the billing. There were other problems such as not being able to correct CPT codes after signed and things would go to billing that were impossible for the biller to notice.

Tosin from Antioch Medical Center

October 2015

InSync has been a great, easy to use product!

Pros

I really love the ease of use for the product! There's a little bit of a learning curve, but once you've got it down, you don't want to use anything else. I've used EMRs before, but InSync is one of the simplest to use by far. Don't confuse simplicity for lack of features though. The software is pretty robust and can handle almost anything you can think of. They really took the time to make this product user-friendly and feature-rich. The vendors have also been awesome to work with! They take the time to understand your needs and cater the product to best fit your practice. They usually bend over backwards to make sure you're satisfied with the product and your needs are taken care of. I was so happy that my sales reps took the time to demo the product and features anytime I asked or explained anything I had questions about. It was so easy to know exactly how a feature of InSync would help my practice. InSync has been great for my practice and I’m truly glad that I bought it.

Cons

Like others have said, entering in EOBs manually can be a pain. However, once you get ERAs to work, it greatly reduces the stress of posting. Occasionally, you get some hiccups with the EMR being web-based (i.e. timeouts, pages loading slow), but overall it's a great product. Emailing support can be 60/40. Sometimes you get great people to work with and other times you can't get someone to solve your issue. However, I usually get much better people over the phone and a much faster response time.

Joshua from Chesapeake Health Care

Review of inSync

Since we began looking for a new system, I have been impressed with inSync. Since we signed an agreement with them to use their system, their implementation has been fantastic. They have been responsive to our needs, adapting to our workflows, and their training to our staff has been excellent.

Pros

Support, Implementation Team, Customization of workflows, Ease of use, Compliance of the systems, Speed of the system, Updates

Cons

We have not discovered anything we do not like about the software.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

They listened to our needs and adapted to our workflows. Since implementation, they have only solidified our decision to join them. The implementation team has been a pleasure to work with.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

We have only switched out our Mental Health Department to inSync, as athena is not built for Mental Health.

Jessica from Rhinebeck Foot Care

Insync goes above and beyond

Every ticket that I place for customer support to help with they reach out to the practice right away. As of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] we made the switch to add our billing with Insync. Insync and our new RCM [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped make the transition as smooth as possible. We worked together as a team to make all the necessary changes to help the practice and Insync work together.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Insync always tries to help accommodate our practices needs.

Cons

Sometimes I do feel it difficult to do certain tasks. Things were not completely set up for the practice in the very beginning.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Insync was better suited for our needs.

Kelsey from Siouxland Mental Health Center

Amazing Product and Support

Our experience has been great. The support we received from the implementation team has been amazing. Our issues were addressed usually within 1 business day and there were very few things that we wanted that the system could not do. Our team was very engaging with us and extremely patient, even as we continue with last minute changes.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, even for people who struggle with technology. We also have several different programs within our agency, and this software was adaptable to all programs and we have been able to make it work for all users. The software is extremely adaptable and changes can easily be made.

Cons

The medication module can be confusing and it does take some time to practice with it to get the flow figured out.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Insync seemed to fit our organizations needs better. We interview several clients and they did not have a bad word to say about this system and its capabilities. It is a dynamic system rather than a linear system as other ones we have looked at.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

The software we were using was extremely outdated and we were not able to get any data for our organization. It was not user friendly and the customer support was almost non-existent.

Myron from Family Service Foundation, Inc.

The Support Staff MAKE the product successful!

Our prior EMR sunsetted, and InSync appears to be far superior. Wish we used it for the past years instead of our prior softwares. Special KUDOS to our InSync Support Staff [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who worked tirelessly, respectfully and joyfully to resolve any issues that arose - always beneficially for resolution timing and success! Also shouts out to Expert [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and our wonderful on-site Trainer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! ALL highly recommended, and then some!

Pros

I like that we can control the customization for almost everything

Cons

We have a more complex setup than most, but we worked through the challenges together

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

InSync addressed our needs better than Credible, and had superior support options compared to Kareo.

Medical Mastermind sunsetted

August 2016

Richard from Tahlequah Medical Group

August 2016

A great choice with great functionality

We have had InSync since 2013 and have been able to effectively use the software as promised. They are continually evolving and we are growing our practice, and they are very responsive to any suggestions or questions we have.

Pros

The company is very helpful and understanding of our needs and is able to accommodate our requests. The software is web-based, so there isn't anything that is stored locally and nothing that needs to be installed. The automated calls and texts, integration of the patient portal, medication management and insurance eligibility checks are great to have. The Meaningful Use helpdesk staff is a great asset and has helped our practice meet MU criteria and receive our payments. They can also help in case of an audit.

Cons

Cannot scan directly into the EMR, but they are working on it.

Sherry from Westfall Associates

Great EMR

InSync has transformed the way we work. We are able to efficiently treat our clients and focus on their care instead of the forms and paperwork. The onboarding, the training, and the continual support have been so wonderful. Thank you!

Pros

The ease of finding clients by first name or last name, the scheduling is wonderful, the customization of forms was priceless!! The implementation team has been so valuable- accommodating and sensitive. Everyone loves the entire EMR - the Telehealth feature is great.

Cons

Our only challenge is the process for scheduling groups. We offer 15 grps/week... but the composition often changes, so we are continually updating the groups. Groups on the Fly would be too cumbersome bec. we have group every week with 10 people.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Your program provided the most seamless transition for our mental health/addiction services. You offered enough "out of the box" forms with the ability to customize as we needed.. this was critical.. we have been able to make this our own. You also had Eprescribe.. and your reporting is amazing!!! We have not had one regret with In Sync!

Jeanne from Bosque Mental Health Associates, Inc.

InSync

Our overall experience has been great. From the trainer who came out to go over the software with our admin team and our providers to our continued support with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (we are sad to let him go and move on to the support team, but we get it :) Everyone has been really responsive, helpful and fun to work with. Our timing could not have been better moving to InSync as we finished training on March 12th and closed the clinic on March 18th due to COVID-19...moving us to 100% Telehealth right when it was crucial.

Pros

I think that the software is really intuitive and easy to use. You can search for what you need or process items in several ways, so you are not locked in to just one path of access. If I cannot figure out what I need there is always the University that I can search for helpful answers.

Cons

I am not having any dislikes at the moment, although our billing folks have said that it is a bit more cumbersome to use than our previous system. Part of this is learning the software and all that it can do for us. We have asked for some enhancements, so hopefully that will help if they can be implemented.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

We were looking to open up Telehealth and Valant was not offering that at the time.

Sandy from PORT Health

InSync EHR/PM

Our overall experience has been positive and InSync certainly delivers on the customer service. The issues we have encountered have been or will be addressed. Our implementation team was outstanding, along with the on-site trainers and support team. We believe that moving to this product will improve our service delivery and we will be more connected as a team while providing better patient experiences.

Pros

The dashboard and the multitude of integrated features were the selling points for our agency. As we implemented the software, we came to understand how each of the features worked in making a complete medical record for the patient. It's easy to find all the basic information that a provider needs in one place. Navigation is simple and the software is packed with numerous ways to find information. The Practice Management module is also powerful with its rule engine, and with the new business rules, it will make billing even more efficient.

Cons

Our agency has run into numerous issues after implementing the software. Some are just nuisances, others have caused larger problems such as the inability to bill notes. We have not been impressed with the eMAR module as it seems to have too many problems/"bugs". We also find the bed board to be lacking in functionality. For PM, it seems to be taking longer than expected to work out details to get billing moving.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

There was an inability to get enough data from the PM module to satisfy our financial auditors. Instead of choosing to revamp our current software we decided to make a change. Our previous product also did not have a dashboard.

Stephen from Headwaters Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

It is a PM/EMR software that works.

Like most of us we want this software to be all things to us. Although we have not arrived at this point, the developers work with us to modify what we are trying to implement and help educate the staff. Do your homework, make sure you understand what you want and need and how they can help you.

Pros

Our billing process has become so much more efficient and case documentation is a breeze. The software is 1) user friendly, 2)self explanatory , 3) has an easy to access resource center 4) and clear instructions . Depending on the style of learning that my staff members are most proficient, they can learn at their own speeds. We now have our own account manager that we can funnel all of our concerns through. The reality is that this program touches most every facet of our practice and we are bound to have challenges. This will help them to help us to stay on top of any training deficits that may materialize.

Cons

It is sometime difficult to have a bunch of behavioral therapists attempt to navigate any IT system. The support is good and responsive. We would all like to have an answer or a quick fix, sometimes that just cannot happen.

Nicholas from HARBOR SPINE AND REHAB

A TRUE SOLUTION for physicians of all specialties and practice management [administrative to revenue cycle management].

Let me begin by saying "I'm a proud user of Insync." As multidisciplinary clinic owner and provider my tasks day to day vary. However, having the ability to implement and EHR and RCM solution that effectively and efficiently allows my providers and me to document each encounter contemporaneously is priceless. Flexibility, the user interface is manageable either by practice or at the provider level. This allows for tremendous customization per provider and results in ultimate efficiency. In my practices, I have always evaluated TTD [time to document] as I consider it non-revenue generating time. Insync has allowed us to decrease our average TTD. Beyond the clinical benefits, Insync offers a powerful RCM solution ranging from the needs of a small practice to a full sized Billing Company. As the founder of a billing company Insync again was my choice for RCM solution. I'm not only satisfied, again, "I am a proud user of Insync."

Pros

USER INTERFACE / FLEXIBILITY

Cons

This is not my con yet I caution those who may prematurely consider it a con. The flexibility that the system offers is to all of our benefit. However, it requires that you and your providers work with Insync during the implementation to achieve some customization. Please take a moment to listen, look and learn how flexible the system truly is.

Michael from Janus Counseling Center

Why a 10?

In the first few week, we have already sealed some holes in our previous billing system, that the previous system overlooked or outsourced to third parties. Making the process cumbersome. This has increased our productivity, as well as increased our revenue.

Pros

After using another software product for several years and feeling frustrated by both the software and the support I searched for another choice. The ease of use is far superior any other system from the way the EMR is setup to the billing and remittance. The support team from start to finish and beyond is phenomenal. The access to support has been absolutely seamless.

Cons

To date the only con has been trying to incorporate all the possible tools the system has to offer. The system has more tools than we can possibly use so it may take some time to reign it in to our needs. Better to have too much than too little.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

From sales to the end; we felt as if we were their most valuable customer and they made the system fit our needs at every step of the way.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Increased costs, poor functionality, and poor customer service.

Trey from East Tennessee Recovery

Custom

Overall I really have enjoyed the experience. Its one of those the more you put into it, the better the system will work for you.

Pros

Very configurable software to meet any needs. I run a very complicated practice that has some very different demands than the standard medical office. Insync was very useful at being able to conform what they had into what I needed. The customization is great for any practice.

Cons

There is a lot to learn about this product as you can conform it to however you need it which is great but it is very time consuming to set up. Even with the great customer support and setup and implementation, it takes a while to get used to everything and configuring everything you need.

Sally from True North Counseling, LLC

Insync software review

The trainers were good [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. They were knowledgeable and helpful. Overall experience was more time consuming than I thought it would be. I think I will come to like it more when I become more familiar with all its features and where to find everything.

Pros

I like the functions/all of the software’s capabilities. I like having quick access to my assessments for clients. I like it’s ability to send and receive paperwork from clients through the portal. I like the dashboard items. I like the drop down options. I like it’s ability to personalize it to what I need for my company.

Cons

Integration from my previous electronic health record was very time consuming. I felt like it was difficult to learn and remember all of its functions and where to find everything. Although I think they were necessary to learn and practice using the software, I did not like all of the meetings and how long it took to get going.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

I thought it would be easier to use because my billing specialists used it and I wanted everything in one place.

Susan from John S Freiheiter MD

RCM Client

Our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a pleasure to work with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been receptive to our needs. She is very knowledgeable and professional.

Pros

I like the cloud based software. It is easy to use.

Cons

We still have some issues with billing. We are unable to generate a family bill.

Pramila from Integrated Health Center

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Happy with Support

The support from the billers and the IT group I have been working with have been phenomenal. I think Insync has a great team willing and ready to help and iron out the mistakes and glitches l have had from time to time.

Pros

I purchased this system when it first started and came on the market. I have seen it grow and have observed the great changes it has made to accommodate me in my needs as a physician in an alternative medicine and complementary practice.

Cons

Sometimes I feel I am not familiar with the nuances of the program. I need more coaching.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Insync was willing to customize the program for my needs.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

it did not have all the info for my practice and the support was not good.

Jeanne from Midwest Medical Billing Service, Inc.

Insync has been an amazing company to partner with for many reasons.

Pros

InSync's customer service team is always very responsive and able to answer questions or direct us to the right person. The sales team is always available to speak with myself and or a new provider joining InSync regarding any questions or concerns. We find ourselves working with a particular support representative that knows our business very well. He is able to handle our problems promptly and efficiently. Our providers have needed to work with Insync pertaining to the scheduler and EMR and they have had a good experience.

Cons

While there are many positive features one of the problem areas lately has been the system going down which not only effects our billing capabilities but our providers access to schedulers and EMR. One other problem is that InSync does not support all specialties at this time.

Courtney from Galaxy Brain and Therapy Center

Worst EMR and Worst Customer Support

InSync has taught me just how much a company can over promise to make a sale, lock you into a contract, and then under deliver on every single feature. Please read my review and run far far away from this company.

Pros

I liked the workflow that was promised in the sales pitch. I liked that they offered a customizable solution that was an all in one product. The problem was they promised features that never actually worked the way they were supposed to. Trying to get help from tech support after buying this product was a nightmare.

Cons

When you ask about a feature they have it, but InSync will teach you how many ways you can build a system poorly. They said they could accommodate all of our needs but they never told us that every single feature would be glitchy. I think they designed the software for physicians and tried to sell it to us as a therapy clinic. They say they offer prescription tracking, but it does not work for scripts that have an expiration date. They say they have good ways to track progress towards goals, but they don't say that you will need to click 50 times per goal to create a progress note. They say that you can use it for intake, but they don't say how awkward the process is and how clients will struggle so much to use it you will have to go with anther company to do your intake. Even just basic documentation gets lost through glitches in the system. I'm still waiting for this software to do one thing well. This company will also nickel and dime you so much per feature you will spend a small fortune on software that makes your company insanely inefficient. Be prepared for lots of extra fees (once got a bill for $300 for just using the fax feature). An EMR should be designed to guide documentation and make the paperwork process much more efficient. We have had to hire a full time tech person to just try and deal with InSync's tech support and now pay for a separate billing system, separate intake system, and a manual prescription tracking system. RUN AWAY FROM INSYNC.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

WebPT was designed for physical therapists and didn't work as well for a comprehensive therapy clinic.

Meg from Galaxy Brain and Therapy Cente

Hidden Costs and increased Labor Costs since using it!

They take a while to respond and don't always have solutions. We ended up spending so much time on solutions for them. They should have paid my IT Administrators' salary for the last 2 years! It makes your business less efficient and not more efficient!

Pros

We originally signed up for this because the documentation could be customized for our unique industry.

Cons

We have been using it for 3 years, and I have had to dedicate between 10-15 or more hours a week paying for an IT administrator IN-HOUSE to work with Insync on glitches, issues, and problems. We have had to pay for Ring Central Fax, appointment reminders, Intake Q software, Trello Software, office ally direct billing, and use our google drive spreadsheets to keep track of medicare auth, script tracking, and visit counts because this system does not do it well, or is too expensive to use. I spend an average of $3000-3,600 monthly in ADDITIONAL LABOR BECAUSE THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT HELP WITH THE COMPLIANCE and business operations need. If you are a single provider and don't need to manage a team, it might work. But if you have a team of providers, run in the opposite direction!

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Customization of Evaluation and notes, and we were told it was a comprehensive and effective practice management platform that would allow us to schedule, bill, and run reports etc. We were told it would help us run our practice more efficiently and it has not delivered on that. We also have FREQUENT problems with daily documentation as well. IT was a VERY POOR CHOICE FOR US!

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

So that we could better customize the documentation of daily notes and progress notes.

Brittany from Emerge

Highly disappointed in this product; if on the fence, look elsewhere

I was initially excited about this new system because of the capabilities that it was said to provide (i.e., customization to meet the needs of the clinic, streamline communication between 2 locations, departments and therapists, ability to complete daily notes quickly and easily, ability to keep up with progress reports and due dates, simple and intuitive user experience). However, from the first day it was a complete nightmare, greatly contributing to my decision to leave the practice and seek employment elsevisor, it was always difficult to review my assistants paperwork remotely. We eventually had to schedule extra time outside of our normal duties just to sit down and go over paperwork face to face. This system caused me to spend countless extra hours working at home and at the clinic just to troubleshoot. My efficiency and quality as a therapist was compromised; More focus and time was needed to deal with inSync, leaving very little time to plan effective treatment sessions and give clients what they need. In turn, this created dissatisfied clients. How could it be improved?: The only way this system could improve is to not exist. I not only lost income and time, but I also decided to leave a great company solely due to this software.

Pros

Implementation team was kind and helpful when on site.

Cons

1. The system was always freezing up causing me to lose paperwork. If it didn’t freeze, sometimes it would take 30+ minutes to load the next page or save when working on things like evaluations. 2. The user interface is very complex to navigate and learn. Requiring countless hours of unpaid work. 3. As a supervisor, it was always difficult to review my assistants paperwork remotely. We eventually had to schedule extra time outside of our normal duties just to sit down and go over paperwork face to face. 4. Whenever there were updates, so many things would change, it was like learning the system all over again. 5. Patient files, names, contact info and important dates were very difficult to access causing many miscommunication between therapist and families. where. 6. Printed documentation was poorly formatted, further impacting my professional image as well as the clinic's

Company decision

Ren from Meridian Behavioral Health

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], Best Support Ever

We experienced some problems- our salesman told us meds would transfer over - we found out only after we had purchased they did not. Roll out - and our training was not what we needed - knowing what I know now- and it was very stressful with the lack of training we had - but - we got through it. Then came in [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - she is THE most responsive person I have Ever encountered in my professional career. She would email you back within minutes- often less than 1 minute - with a concise answer. She left us all with more confidence about your product and how to navigate in the fewest number of clicks- that might sound like a small pt - but when you do some steps over a hundred times a day - deleting a couple steps here and there is a Huge timesaver. Please know - I am not at all trying to be critical on the above noted- but I just want you to honestly know it was bumpy - so you can look at your process(es) and improve - it won’t take a lot on your part to get to an A+. Thanks!

Pros

The set up is nice & the Rxing portion was straight forward- wish you could Rx from the meds pulled globally - and wish it included Refill #

Cons

The Portal - I wish appt was Approved and then Confirmed the appt. reminder later to just say “dont forget your appt etc” Not to Confirm appt. and When Pt completes CANCEL need to know when they cancel- date time -for Broken Appt Fee when Cancel <24 hrs !

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

I can’t exactly say why - in the end we just thought the fit could be good

SUMEETA from Rapid Response Billing Corp

USER FRIENDLY AWESOME PRODUCT

Pros

The software is user friendly, self explanatory , the resource center has manuals that can be reviewed with regards to having a question about working in Insync just in case a customer service rep is unavailable, the training system is awesome, the trainers are very knowledgeable and professional in their approach. Having worked with six software in the past I must say not all of them were user friendly and the technical support departments were not very helpful either. The ease of understanding and using INSYNC has increased productivity in my office.Their reporting features are great too. The real time eligibility Feature also reduces denials. Our office has finally found a complete SOFTWARE.

Cons

Manual entry of Eobs is time consuming. You have to enter a chk # repeatedly if there are fifty patients on a chk. If only They found an easier way for that then I would say the software is perfect.

Amy from Private Physician's Office

Medical transcriptionist thinks InSync doesn't look great, but works pretty well

Pros

Once you learn the software, it works pretty well for our office. It's a good fit for a small office. A lot of the features are customizable to fit the practice.

Cons

It's not a very visually appealing software. Some of the icons and things aren't intuitive. There are certain things that you can't edit unless you're in an Encounter (like Health Maintenance), so if you want to add a Colonoscopy or Mammogram date or something, you have to wait until you're actually having an office visit, not just during a phone call. However, you can edit the History portion outside of Encounters, which is useful.

January 2016

Tonya from Desert View Family Counseling

January 2016

Amazing Customer Service for a Great System

Pros

How easily customizable the system is for your specific practice. InSync implementation team is amazing at figuring out what we were talking about it and adjusting the software to meet our needs. Billing has become so much more streamlined, we are able to check eligibility and copay without having to spend time on the phone for each patient. The process of attaching the copay to the claim is as simple as clicking a button, which is such a great time saver. Our practice was new to any EHR system, so it has been important that the whole team has been available to help any of our staff as needed. It was important for our system to be able to be on our server rather than a cloud/web based application, due to our internet having issues due to the location we are in. This was one of the very few systems that met our needs as well as our wants.

Cons

On the scheduler, master view it would be nice to see all the clinicians at the same time, rather than having to scroll to the right. At times posting payments can be an undertaking if certain insurances are not set up to do ERA, but I find it is quick once you get in the groove of posting the payments. The call reminder system has some hiccups for us, but InSync is working on it.

Patricia from The Consortium, Inc.

InSync Healthcare Solutions Review

Use of InSync is much more efficient than paper charting. As an administrator, I like the real time visibility into activity on both the practice management (billing) and EMR (patients served, charting) sides of the business. Our implementation specialists are absolutely the best! They were extremely responsive and helpful in suggesting ways to address every concern identified.

Pros

InSync is fairly easy to use. Our workflows and forms used for charting were duplicated in the software which helped with familiarity upon go live. The ability to customize the dashboard is really helpful by allowing users to configure it based on their particular needs. The patient portal is a very nice feature that saves time on paperwork completion especially during intake.

Cons

Though there are many "canned" reports available in InSync, the reporting function could be improved to allow users more customization options. For example, it is difficult to combine financial data with patient data in a single report.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

We chose InSync because it is user friendly, offered more features and seemed to be less rigid in design than other products. Overall cost of implementation was also a major factor in our selection of InSync over other products reviewed.

Carol from Candida Fink MD

Know exactly what you need

the staff is outstanding, excellent, easy to work with, knowledgeable. can't say enough. but there are a LOT of them. all wonderful, but lots to work with

Pros

lots of useful options integrated in one place for purchase rather than long-term "rental"

Cons

there are a few kinks, completely expected. Certain aspects that you can't really 'try' until live that are impactful.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

had (or will have) many of the pieces we needed, in one place, on any browser, VERY responsive for customer service for less that we were paying.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

2 years waiting for the 'update'. can't update browsers because that would not allow silverlight to run (the platform valant works from) can't copy/paste (I know that's petty, but it drives me crazy)

cynthia from Leg Up Farm

Great Software-Wonderful Customer Service

My experience has been wonderful. When a question was sent regarding difficulty with a component of the software, it was answered and addressed in an efficient manner. The one time that I had to wait for support to correct an issue, I received a phone call that provided me with a reasonable target date for completion. It was completed during that time. The information that we provided to build the system was incorporated into the manner that we requested. The implementation specialist was beyond helpful. She answered all of our questions in an effective manner. She provided me training that would allow me to be as independent as possible, in regards to making changes in the system when we transitioned to support. The trainer was beyond patient with my staff and I watched her explained things again and again in as many different ways, until my staff could grasp the information. She never lost her patience or her professionalism.

Pros

It allows for quick, accurate documentation. Easy to track completed and incomplete documentation. The software was adapted to meet the needs of our specific facility and we were not forced to make the agency's needs fit what the software was capable of doing. All of the information is connected to a visit from documentation to billing.

Cons

When in documentation manager I would like to be able to move a document to another file in a more efficient manner.