What are MDToolbox-Rx users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using MDToolbox-Rx software through verified user reviews

• icon"It is very easy to use and work in. It is user friendly even to the newest user."
  • icon"It is very easy to use and has good functionality."
  • icon"Ability to use on my cell phone and iPad. Ability to prescribe controlled substances."
  • icon"Sometimes a prescription request is repeated and this is annoying. Otherwise we do not have any specific problems to report."
  • icon"Pharmacy search algorithm by city or street very poor. Setup and options are very difficult to understand and not user friendly."
  • icon"This has led to sending prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy when we're busy because we forget it is set that way."

Browse all MDToolbox-Rx Reviews

• Have you used MDToolbox-Rx and would like to share your experience with others?

Kit Yue

Wonderful product

Running my private practice is so much easier now! I have referred several colleagues to this product.

Pros

ease of use ability to use on my cell phone and iPad ability to prescribe controlled substances

Cons

nothing! it is great, I have no complaints

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for your review and thank you for referring your colleagues to MDToolbox! We are happy to have made it easier to run your practice and electronically prescribe controlled substances. If you have any questions that come up, feel free to call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team would love to help. Have a great day!

Margie

MDToolbox is a great product

Pros

First and foremost the customer support is great. I get a real person every time which is almost unheard of these days. The support team worked with our EHR vendor to export and import client data. It's easy to set up new users. There are lots of ways to search for a client. Every pharmacy we have ever needed was always listed. Overall a great product. I recommended it to other community mental health centers in my state.

Cons

My biggest complain is that there is no option to import vitals into EHR. I keep asking for this capability but so far it is still not an option.

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you such a positive review! We are so happy that you are satisfied with our system and customer support. We pride ourselves on short hold times and friendly, knowledgeable support staff. Please continue contacting us as you come across new questions. Have a great day!

Mariya

Industry: Mental Health Care

Overpriced tool! No refund if provider no longer needs access

Pros

It is hard to say. The billing is confusing. Program is overpriced.

Cons

They trick you into signing yearly contract and if provider is no longer using the MDToolbox account they won't refund. In our case 6 months were paid ahead of time and they wont refund.

Response from MDToolbox

We are sorry to hear you feel the billing setup was hard to use! Our product offers a 30-day risk free trial and is one of the lowest priced ad-free electronic prescribing systems on the market. Our default billing plan, month-to-month is less than a dollar a day per prescriber, starting at $30 per month. The billing page shows 2 options: our month-to-month (which is selected by default) (cancel at any time), and our annual contract that you selected for an even bigger discount. The annual contract is clearly worded that the account is being pre-paid for a year to receive a reduced rate. To submit payment, you are required to check a box acknowledging that we do not offer refunds for the lower prepaid amount. If an office changes their mind within the first month, we are also happy to change them back to the month to month with refund. However, after the first month (7 months after in this case) we require completion of the contract to change the terms. Thank you.

Replied October 2021

sebastian

You need it if you are a MD

When I started to learn about prescriptions, it was hard to remember every single detail. But with this app I don’t waste my time writing or trying to find an old prescription

Pros

The prescribing feature it helps me a lot when I need to prescribe drugs to a pacient that isn’t in the hospital

Cons

I mean they could improve some calculators to get the glomerular filtration or IMC

Reasons for switching to MDToolbox-Rx

To get some things that are note in the by the moment

C David

difficult to use

inefficient

Pros

integration was ok. There is not much that I like about the software. It slows me down tremendously.

Cons

In fairness , I have not used other softwares of this type for comparison. But, I regret the day that the state of TN required dentists to electronically send narcotic rxs to pharmacies. It has been horrible. I see way too many patients for this type of interruption. The whole concept is awfully INEFFICIENT. Specifically for MD tool box, the search pharmacy feature is bad. Often, I have to use google to find the pharmacy.

Barbara

Easy to work implement

Pros

Set up was quick and easy. For someone who tends to struggle with technology it was an easy transition.

Cons

It would be helpful to have a direct link to the PMP of my state.

Recommendation from a colleague

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you've found MDToolbox's ePrescribing software user friendly! After selecting a controlled substance, you will see a direct link to your State's PMP appear just below the medication. You can also setup a PMP integration to pull the report directly into the prescription writer. Unfortunately, Maine is not currently State-funded, so the intermediary charges a fee. If you would like more information or if you have any additional questions that come up, feel free to call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team would love to help. Have a great day!

Sherri

My Review

Pros

Easy to add providers and staff. the report funtion by particular staff. Errors by staff/providers

Cons

Having to have another provider validate a provider. Admin should be able to or the provider themselves with the COA

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for such a positive review! We've focused on making it as quick and easy to e-prescribe as possible and we're so happy to hear MDToolbox is working so well for you. Unfortunately, granting Access Control Permissions is a DEA requirement. However, staff that are setup as Access Control Managers are also able to "validate" providers! If you would like to discuss this further or If you have any additional questions that come up, feel free to call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team would love to help. Have a great day!

Joseph

MDToolbox

Extremely beneficial. Can use from any location with cell service.

Pros

Detail it all medications prescribed for individual patients.

Cons

I don’t have anything to add. It has met my needs.

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for such a positive review! We've focused on making it as quick and easy to e-prescribe as possible and we're so happy to hear MDToolbox is working so well for you. If you have any questions that come up, feel free to call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team would love to help. Have a great day!

Gary

Absolutely great

Prescription writing

Pros

Great tech support. Wonderful ease of use. Very small learning curve.

Cons

Can’t say. There is not anything not to likr

Reasons for choosing MDToolbox-Rx

Better price. Independent standing.

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you are satisfied with our system and customer support. We pride ourselves on short hold times and friendly, knowledgeable support staff. Please continue contacting us as you come across new questions. Have a great day!

Joseph

Highly recommended

Very positive. Good calue

Pros

Ease of use. Good value. Good support. Integration with State PDMP

Cons

Wish there was an API to integrate with practice management software

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for such a positive review! We've focused on making it as quick and easy to e-prescribe as possible and we're so happy to hear MDToolbox is working so well for you. We do not offer a full API integration currently, but we do offer an API data integration. If you have any specific questions regarding it or any other issues come up, feel free to call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team would love to help. Have a great day!

Sheena

Great eRx system

Overall efficient and easy to use.

Pros

Overall I like the ease of prescribing through this system. Once a patient is entered, it is easy to renew prescriptions and write new ones as well. I don't spend too much time sending scripts compared to other electronic systems I've used.

Cons

The system for entering new patients could be improved. Their name, address, birthday, and preferred pharmacy are not together in a format that is easy to follow. You have to look for the fields which is extra effort. Also difficult initially finding the preferred pharmacy. It would make more sense to search by the zip code and see all pharmacies there to choose from.

Response from MDToolbox

Hi Sheena, thank you for your review! We are glad that you are finding it so easy and efficient to use our system. You do have the ability to search all pharmacies within a specific zip code and we are more than happy to share some pharmacy search tips when you have a free moment. We could also create a feature request regarding the patient detail editor field placement. If you would like, please call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team will happily assist you. Have a great day!

Kathryn

Easiest EMR and e-scribing I have used

ease of getting assistance no "ticket" req'd

Pros

Easy to login, use and log out Ease of getting assistance

Cons

Can't do financials and send to 3rd party billers

Price truly for provider FIRST

Reasons for switching to MDToolbox-Rx

Too expensive and arduous for user

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for your review! We've focused on making it as quick and easy to e-prescribe as possible and we're so happy to hear MDToolbox is working so well for you. If you have any questions that come up, feel free to call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team would love to help. Have a great day!

Eric

Relatively easy and intuitive

Pros

Easy enough to operate, and the customer service is very responsive. I especially like how incoming requests from pharmacies can be dealt with in numerous ways, from simply endorsing (which then gets updated to your patient's individual profile) to rejecting for any of a number of different reasons.

Cons

Features would be best learned via easily accessible video tutorial--they MAY have these available, but I haven't seen them, and so have just learned over time by either trial and error or necessity. I also think the "find pharmacy" function by both map or by name could be streamlined a bit more.

Chetan

Highly recommend. Md toolbox changed my practice.

Excellent. Easy to use even for people who are not texh savvy

Pros

Improved practice efficiency. Less time on phone. More time with patients.

Cons

At times symbols yo reconcile med lists were unclear.

Reasons for choosing MDToolbox-Rx

On line search for e-prescribe tools. In past used hand held I prescribe by xox corps. Also experience with Athena.

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for such a positive review! We've focused on making it as quick and easy to e-prescribe as possible and we're so happy to hear MDToolbox is working so well for you. If you have any questions that come up, including the issue you mentioned regarding the unclear symbols, feel free to call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team would love to help. Have a great day!

Phillip

Mdtoolbox

Works well for use as basic escripts but speed needs to be much enhanced and improved pharmacy search. Pharmacy search is the MOST bothersome and TIME consuming aspect of this software the would possibly cause me to change to another vendor. Patient database export is a HUGE feature drawback that is not available.

Pros

Most cost effective Easy to process medications

Cons

Very very difficult to find pharmacies Pharmacy search algorithm by city or street very poor Setup and options are very difficult to understand and not user friendly Search for patients often hangs or stalls and recent patient list should be much longer I should be able to export my entire list of patients receiving medications on an excel spreadsheet format so that these can be reviewed and assessed in their entirety without searching for patients one by one.

Reasons for choosing MDToolbox-Rx

Price was initial reason I started but have found many drawbacks to the service and software. Pharmacy search and no access to the entire database of my patients as a spreadsheet may cause me to switch to a different vendor

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you are finding our system cost-effective and easy to process your medications. We are more than happy to share some pharmacy search tips when you have a free moment! I see that you recently contacted us regarding our patient export feature, did our answer satisfy your need? We are also happy to take a feature request regarding the recent patient list. If you would like, please call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team would love to help with any issues you may be experiencing. Have a great day!

Valori

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Practice saver

Extremely easy to use. Just add the patient information-which involved typing in the patient name, cut-and-pasting the address and date of birth, and finding the pharmacy. There is a feature which uses the patients' city and state to assist finding the local pharmacy....again, there are not enough superlatives to describe this product and its affordability.

Pros

The product is so easy and simple to set-up and use. The instructions were succinct and immediately worked as it should. I can prescribe even controlled substances in less than 30 seconds. The price for a stand-alone e-prescribing is extremely affordable. I have a small, boutique practice and use OpenEMR, which is a free EMR without e-prescribing. Paying 30.00/month for e-prescribing mandated by Arizona law allows me to continue to serve my small, rural Arizona population. There are not enough superlatives to describe MD Toolbox-RX.

Cons

I was not made aware of this product sooner.

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for such a positive review! We've focused on making it as quick and easy to e-prescribe as possible and we're so happy to hear MDToolbox is working so well for you, as well as helping you meet your state mandate. If you have any questions that come up, feel free to call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team would love to help. Have a great day!

Mitchell

Use for telemedicine

Makes my practice functional.

Pros

I use this daily. Telepsychiatry would be impossible without it.

Cons

none. I am happy with what you offer now.

Excellent customer support.

Better support team.

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for your review! We are pleased MDToolbox's e-prescribing software is an integral part of your telemedicine practice. If you have any questions that come up, feel free to call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team would love to help. Have a great day!

Jack T

Just what I needed

New state and federal regulations don't give prescribers a choice...you've got to e-prescribe. This proved to be an economy solution, easy to set up, and easy to use once that learning curve straightens out. It's certainly not as easy as having my assistant call the prescription into the pharmacy, but the over-use and diversion of controlled substances required a more secure process. In addition, all my interactions with customer support have been with courteous American english speaking agents who have always been most helpful...that goes a long way!

Pros

It is a stand alone e-prescribing soft ware that did not require a large initial investment in my current practice software, and being cloud based, it doesn't care if I have Macs or PCs (I have Macs). At a time when most of my colleagues were scrambling to get compliant with new state requirements for e-prescribing and often spending $1000 plus to upgrade their practice software, I was able to set mine up over the weekend. Then after 30 minutes or so with my software guy, was able with export patient information with a few clicks, and shoot the prescription to their pharmacy. The security tools for writing for controlled substances are also easy to use and felt extremely safe.

Cons

The interface in the program is not the most sophisticated, but certainly functional. For me the learning curve was a little steep, but by the time Covid convinced me to retire, I was good enough that I could get a prescription written and sent in about the same time as pen and pad.

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you were satisfied with MDToolbox's ePrescribing software and found it to be economical. We're always looking for ways to improve our software and make it as easy to use as possible, so we'd love to hear any feedback on how we could have lessened the learning curve for you. Congratulations on your retirement! If you find yourself in a position where you need to prescribe again, we hope to be your first choice. Have a great day!

Replied June 2020

Mindy

Easy to use but would like a few tweaks

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive. Easy to see all the medicine prescribed for the patient. Can send prescription directly to the pharmacy and immediately get back verification that was received.

Cons

Difficult to look up an identify pharmacies. Really dislike that pharmacies are identified by number. I would prefer if the software would list the street and city. When looking for a pharmacy, would prefer if list the pharmacies in the specific city and the surrounding cities as well. Patients don’t always know exactly in which city their pharmacy is located and it makes it difficult to find.

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for your review! We are delighted that you are finding it easy to use our e-Prescribing system. The system does allow you to search for pharmacies by street and city, as well as partial zip codes to provide a wider search. We are more than happy to share some pharmacy search tips when you have a free moment! If you would like, please call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team would love to help. Have a great day!

Noreene

Very easy to use Prescription Program

Pros

I was able to figure out how to use it on my own when my secretary was out for a week. The ease of operation is really impressive and there are so few steps to complete the transaction. We are very happy that we chose this system.

Cons

Response from MDToolbox

Hi Noreene, thank you for your review! We are pleased that you are happy with our system. I wanted to reach out and inquire about the repeated messages you are receiving. It sounds like they are coming from pharmacies? Please call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) our support team if you would like us to look into the repeat messages. Have a great day!

Lisa

Great product, very easy to use!

My overall experience has been great! It was very easy to set up and easy to enter the patient and pharmacy information into. It has saved me from writing hundreds of prescriptions. Definitely quicker and you can see exactly what date and time you sent the script.

Pros

This product has been a life-saver for me and writing prescriptions. It is so easy to use and for me that is important as I struggle with technology. It is very cost effect also, not very much per month. Their Customer service has been great with responding pretty quickly with any issue that I have emailed that about.

Cons

The only drawback I have seen is that it cannot interface with an EMR.

Response from MDToolbox

Hi Lisa, thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you are finding our system so easy to use and that it is saving you time. I wanted to reach out and mention that MDToolbox does integrate with most EMRs on the market, please call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) our support team if you have any questions. Have a great day!

Holistic Women's Healing Review

Pros

It is very easy to use and work in. It is user friendly even to the newest user. The price is great for the quality.

Cons

The one thing I don't like is that it automatically populates the pharmacy to the last used. This has led to sending prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy when we're busy because we forget it is set that way.

Reasons for switching to MDToolbox-Rx

Changed positions and liked this product much better

Response from MDToolbox

Hi Sarah, thank you for your review! We are happy that you are finding MDToolbox-Rx so easy and user friendly. You can change what shows in the pharmacy field by default under your settings. When you have a moment, please call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) if you would like assistance changing it or have any other questions. Have a great day!

Kristin

Easy to set up and has worked well for me for the past 2.5 years.

I'll be getting a free coffee for completing the review using this software

Pros

Like the ability to send controlled substance prescriptions electronically. Like the ability to store more than one preferred pharmacy for a client. Easy to review history of medications prescribed. Although I haven't needed to call very often, customer support has been prompt and quickly resolved my issue.

Cons

I have not been able to electronically discontinue a prescription, which is possibly a problem on the pharmacy end.

I prescribe for my patients due to MDTOOLBOX-RX

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up providers and set up the practice favorite prescriptions. After setting up the routine prescriptions we prescribe we can send our prescriptions in in seconds. The fobs that we use makes verification easy. Now we never have a pharmacy say they did not receive our prescriptions. We also are current with the state DEA requirements for class II prescriptions thanks to this software

Cons

Nothing yet, because they have taken good care of us.

Response from MDToolbox

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you are finding it so easy to use, send presccriptions in seconds, and meet your state e-Prescribing regulations with MDToolbox! If you have any questions that come up, feel free to call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team will be happy to keep taking good care of you. Have a great day!

JULIE

Exceptional Use and Value of E-scribing Narcotics

With MDToolbox, I have decreased my labor time and patient's time tremendously with having to write out controlled substance scripts that cannot be called in to pharmacy or refilled without a script. My patients are extremely happy that they are not having to drive all the way to my office monthly to pick up a script which interrupts their lives with time off work as well as time spent chasing a script as well as affects their money through increased gas consumption.

Pros

The ease of use is the most important thing that I liked about the software. Also the feature of notifying the pharmacy of discontinuing the medication. That is a feature I did not have on the other software I used. I can also track the medication from escribing through to the pharmacy's acceptance which is great.

Cons

I least liked the fact that I didn't know about this software sooner so I could have used it from the beginning if it had been compatible with my other software vendors.

unavailable with new software

Response from MDToolbox

Hi Julie, thank you for your review! We are so happy to have saved you time and increase your patient satisfaction. If you have any questions that come up, feel free to call (206-331-4420) or email (support@mdtoolbox.com) and our support team would love to help. Have a great day!

MDToolbox-Rx