All Mend Reviews

MEND Review

Ronald Abilmar

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Transforming my healthcare experience forever.

I love the flexibility it offers by allowing me to communicate with my healthcare providers via messages, video or forms, which perfectly suits my needs and preferences is great.

PROS

It's great that it has simplified and streamlined my healthcare experience, allowing me to receive the care I need quickly and efficiently.

CONS

Well, sometimes I have experienced some connectivity problems or communication delays when using the platform.

Athena

Human Resources, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Mental Health Counseling Done w/ MEND.

PROS

I love that I have easy access to my therapist and can do apts. from the comfort of my home. I adore my therapist and can tell there are plenty of great therapists available for people. [sensitive content hidden] is attentive, understanding, and kind. She's always asking the right questions and helps improve my mental health.

CONS

i don't use it on the business side, just the client side. So I don't really have anything to say negatively

Rachel

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Mixed Feelings- Healthcare

We do love our direct customer support rep, but several issues we've had to escalate beyond them have not had a valid response from management. Those include HIPAA issues, state and federal telehealth regulations, business associates agreement concerns, etc. Major compliance (healthcare) issues with this product were not taken seriously. Concerned upper management does not understand relevant regulatory governance enough to ensure product is, and remains, in compliance. If NOT using for healthcare, then it's not a concern as this product works as described and meets needs for non-healthcare organizations.

PROS

End-user experience is great, first level customer support is also wonderful. Meets many of our basic needs and offers a lot more flexibility than other products we've used (of same type). Mend tech team wonderful at making changes as we request them and finding solutions for alternate workflows. Great implementation process.

CONS

Major healthcare compliance concerns and as an organization, we've had to do much of the groundwork to both identify and push to resolve, including educate vendor on why it was a concern. We discovered very serious flaws in patient consent process that indicate Mend does not actually meet multiple federal standards (HIPAA, CMS Regs, and UETA, E-Sign Act) in this area, despite their contract and all business materials clearly stating they do. We brought this to their attention immediately (Feb 2020) and have had a very frustrating path to resolution and are not entirely sure it's resolved still (Sept 2020). Multiple attempts to get, in writing, explanation of issue and resolution (to support our organization as we are liable for this issue in any audit) with no response at all. Very poor communication re: resolving and not much accountability. In addition, reporting functionality is lacking. Only very basic reports can be obtained.

Reason for choosing Mend

The practice management/ front office features.

Reasons for switching to Mend

Better scheduling and EPM options with Mend. Needed more flexibility.

Allen

Animation, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Wisdom and experience = healing

I truly appreciate having a therapist as good as [sensitive content hidden]. She is one in a million and you should be proud to have her on your team.

PROS

[sensitive content hidden], my therapist, is the most depthful and knowledgeable therapist that I have ever worked with. Her guidance and insight have been key to my healing progress. She can zero right in on the matters at hand and provide useful actions to take. Her sole interest is to make the healing permanent, not to keep a perpetual client.

CONS

So far I have no dislikes about the service. Maybe that the sessions are conducted via video rather than in person. I’m not sure if a layer of connection is lost by the remote nature of the process.

Darlene

Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Telehealth appointment with doctor

Excellent opportunity for Telehealth appointments with doctors while sick or unable to leave home

PROS

Could have a face to face appointment with my doctor from place convenient for me

CONS

The ads shown while waiting for the doctor to join me

Lacey

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Terrible Experience so far!!!!

Terrible. Worst system I have ever used. Very frustrating to work with the mend team and the software. Extremely slow and slows down my whole day having to wait for the system to load.

PROS

There is nothing much to like. The system and terribly slow and there are a lot of errors that we keep having that the IT team is not fixing or attempts to fix but never solves the issue completely.

CONS

1. Runs extremely slow no matter what wifi connection I am using, or what I am trying to do in the system. Everything is so slow. Most definitely a system error not a connection error. 2. Many features do not work properly. Example: Rebooking option does not rebook patients for the correct time slot. Another example is when I added a credit card to a new patient that I added to the system and scheduled, then I went to check out a completely different patient and the new credit card I entered was linked to the established patients account. 3. Customer service/ IT. Customer services responds back to our requests quickly but nothing is ever solved. If the IT team "solves" an issue we are having it may work one time then will go back to not working properly.. Just like the rebook option. Our company has had many requests to change things up in the system and nothing has been done yet

Thank you for your feedback. We will follow up and see if we can make further adjustments to assist. It is worth noting that during your implementation your scheduling product went out of business. We do not offer Mend as a practice management scheduling system. This review describes an off label use of our product where all the pros and cons were discussed in advance. The way the product is used in this scenario is not something that we actually market and sell.

Replied February 2019

Linda

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Exceptional support

Satisfied with all of it. Functions as it should

PROS

Care and overall concern for you as an individual

CONS

Nothing I don't like about it. It functions as it should

Amanda

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Quick and easy

AWESOME! It was a quick and easy process.

PROS

The nurse practitioner was very knowledgeable and helpful. I met with him and was done in 10 minutes. I felt like I was heard and all symptoms were addressed.

CONS

None! There wasn’t anything I didn’t like about the appt.

LYNN

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Yearly health visit.

It was a pleasant experience, nurse was nice, receptive and easy to work with.

PROS

Easy to use, lady I worked with was very easy to talk with, she was quite pleasant, and laughed at some of my silliness.

CONS

I have no earthly idea what this is going to cost. It was a requirement by my new insurance, Wellcare. I know absolutely nothing about Wellcare, but it was recommended by an insurance agent, Becky, over the phone. So my biggest complaint is I don't know what the hell this was for except a yearly checkup, I have no idea what it is going to cost or who is going to pay for it. No one prepared me for working with Wellcare.

Ellesse

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Great customer service but poor technology quality

Tech needs major improvement, but communication was superb.

PROS

Customer service comfortability, documenting and charting appropriately, specific questions asked and answered, clarifications understood, flexibility to adjust scheduling; very personable.

CONS

Terms of services - use of Telehealth only available through consent, though terms state the patients info is not fully protected via emails and texts msg. Also, poor video quality - made it slightly uncomfortable not being able to see myself on the screen, as well as barely any visibility of the person I spoke with due to being an almost microscopic size.

Karissa

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2020

The best option for my needs

Mend is the best platform available for my needs (I've tested Doxy and zoom as well). Most of the "cons" I've experienced are works in progress at Mend. The Mend team is always working to improve and update the platform. I'm excited to see what else they have in store.

PROS

1. Clients do not have to download software. 2. Scheduling appointments with automatic reminders. 3. Alerts when the client signs in for the appointment. 4. Very few audio / visual challenges. 5. Excellent customer service. 6. Mend shows you the strength of both your internet connection and your clients internet connection. 7. When clients join a session, clients must enter same dob as I have listed in their chart before being allowed into the waiting room.

CONS

1. Clients can't sign on without an appointment (like with Doxy) 2. No virtual background option (like with zoom) 3. I wish the settings (mine and what I set for the clients) had more detailed options. 4. I wish I knew the details of what / when Mend sent clients reminders or alerts. For example, I didn't know until clients told me that Mend was sending them daily reminders to test their speed. 5. The platform seems to use more bandwidth than other hipaa compliant platforms as evidenced by increased lagging or delays. 6. No way to hide the thumbnail picture of myself (or for the client to hide their thumbnail image). 7. Clients must be over 18. 8. Mend notifies me at the time of the appointment if the client is in the waiting room. I wish Mend notified me when the client joined regardless of whether they are early, on time, or late. 9. The notifications don't always come to me. 10. It's not always easy to tell if a client is waiting (EG. Their appointment doesn't turn green without refreshing the page).

Reason for choosing Mend

HIPAA compliant and Clients don't need to download software

SUSAN

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Mend review

I will definitely not recommend this product, there are many on the market that are much more user friendly and easier to use.

PROS

It is very simple to set up the template.

CONS

The problem is that it is very archaic. The features are very non user friendly. It is difficult to navigate to find a patient, its almost working backwards, instead of present time onwards, its completely backwards. When you are searching for a patient on the schedule, they no longer appear on the list view of the schedule.

Reason for choosing Mend

This was the only thing that we could get up and running in the midst of the pandemic, in hte timeframe we needed it running.

Susan, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. You can find things very quickly in Mend. The appointment booking flow starts by searching for a patient. The calendar view allows you to filter and start with availability. Throughout Mend if you locate a patient or an appointment, the Actions menu contains shortcuts to book new appointments or modify appointments. We have Ad-hoc and Instant workflows that require very little effort to make visit happen now or schedule them with lightning speed. The Appointment page allows you to search and locate historical using all kind of patient and appointment data. Finally, we offer the ability to import patients and appointment, setup full bi-directional integration with the EHR/PMS, or even launch patient self-scheduling. Since you had to launch rather quickly, I will have someone follow up to assist.

Replied September 2020

Rori

Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees

Mend Review

Overall, good, but some recent changes, I do not appreciate.

PROS

Once you learn the steps for entering a patient, scheduling, the system is fairly easy to use and is reliable, for the most part.

CONS

Some clients complain about being able to get on, especially if using their cell phone. Logging on difficulties and occasional difficulties in being able to stay on for an hour are common complaints. I do not like that the cell phone icon was recently moved into a different location, and if it is used to remind a client of their appointment, you can't use it again as it does not populate the phone number. You have to go back to find their phone number. I don't like that change, at all. While it is fairly easy to schedule appointments, multiple steps are needed, such as needing to enter the session length and the provider every time you schedule. If we schedule multiple appointments at a time, streamlining this process would help so that multiple clicks are not necessary.

Jacki

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Mental health therapist

PROS

I like that I can still interact with my clients from a distance over video format. It is fairly easy to use fro scheduling appointments and inputting patient information.

CONS

Often when I am on a call with a client, we have been cut off or the call is dropped, I am not sure if this is due to Mend or just their internet connections. I wish that the dashboard feature were easier to use, sometimes, I cannot find the appointments and have to look them up under "patients" tab.

Reasons for switching to Mend

our company made the switch

Jacki, thank you so much for this information. We have a number of options to address any connection issues. Someone from support will follow up. All errors are recorded. You can see them in appointment details and we can see all errors for all your appointments to assist. We also have numerous options in development as we're always striving to have the best Telehealth experience on the planet. When support reaches out, I will have them check your Dashboard. You may have data being displayed that we can turn off or clear nightly be turning on certain settings.

Replied September 2020

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2018

My job just got way too easy.

I am able to process everything faster, especially getting signatures from the doctors and patients. I don't have to spend hours uploading paper into my computer- with Mend, its already there.

PROS

I LOVE that my administrative time has been cut down. Because I save so much time with Mend, I have more time to call my patients, see more patients, and process them faster. At the end of the day, medicine is a business, so time is money. Now I can actually do more of what matters; help my patients... and help the business. The Mend customer service team is amazing. I always get an immediate response, and a quick resolution to my question. If there is a complicated issue, they stay in contact with me via email through every step. I never feel forgotten about, or like my questions are pointless. They seem to appreciate the feedback, and work hard to keep us happy.

CONS

There are still a few issues we are working out, but customer service is always quick to resolve them when they come up.

Isabella

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Branding and professionalism

I have chosen Mend for my group session because they don't limit the amount of clients, it's easily accessible, very minimal dropped sessions even when the client does not have the best connection and/or are rural.

PROS

I like that my clients are able to access the software with minimal steps, no profile, plugin, and or downloads. Also, the "mend" logo/branding creates a professional setting for my agency, my clients appear more at ease knowing that their information is confidential.

CONS

It have encountered some technical issues while in session, the customer services response is slow.

Reason for choosing Mend

Mend was able to follow through with what they offer

Reasons for switching to Mend

Mend appears as a medical level professionalism for my patients

This is Matt McBride, CEO of Mend. I'm grateful for your review, thank you! Our customer service should never be slow. Please feel free to reach me directly at matt@mend.com so we can resolve this for you. We have instant support available for all users, even patients, within seconds.

Replied May 2021

Jasmine

Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Helpful and functional, but needs improvement for ease of use

PROS

I like that the patient/client doesn't have to deal with the process of setting up their own account. After the provider sets up the patient's account, they need only to enter their date of birth when they receive a link in order to complete assessments.

CONS

It was difficult for me to access completed assessments that I assigned to clients.

Thank you for the review. The workflow you're describing doesn't not sound like a recommended workflow. First, you should not have to set a patient up in Mend. Mend integrates with over 81 EHRs, so patients and appointments should sync automatically. Next, we recommend integrating forms so that they get assigned automatically based on appointment type. Then, when they are completed we can move them into the patient's chart automatically. In many cases we can move discrete data from forms to eliminate manual transcription of forms. We will reach out and pursue our recommended workflows with your organization. Thank you again for the feedback!

Replied June 2022

Bethany

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2018

Good product

My overall experience with Mend has been great! I am able to see clients from all over the country. No matter if I am traveling or at a different office, I am able to have full therapy sessions.

PROS

The thing I love most about this product is how easy it is for clients to use to connect with me for sessions. It runs really well.

CONS

You do need to have a strong internet connection for it work really well. This can be pretty frustrating when you don't or strong internet is not available in certain areas of the country.

Thank you for the review, we appreciate it! We have major performance improvements to video releasing the first week of the new year (Jan. '19). Video will require even less bandwidth and we'll have better support for group video sessions. There will also be a new design to make it even easier to use.

Replied December 2018