• Pros

• "The thing I love most about this product is how easy it is for clients to use to connect with me for sessions. It runs really well. "

• "It is very user friendly, easily set up, and easily edited"

• "Once you learn the steps for entering a patient, scheduling, the system is fairly easy to use and is reliable, for the most part."

• Cons

• "There are still a few issues we are working out, but customer service is always quick to resolve them when they come up. "

• "Not sure of any for now. But if all needed buttons will show for easy accessibility it will be awesome"

• "The admin UI is not very intuitive. A bit complicated, especially the API, it affects the performance. Sometime it's a bit unstable, we saw defects slipping through."

Browse Mend Reviews

Incredibly Impressed

Really impressed. I will recommend this to all colleagues. Everything has been so incredibly easy to access all of our patients who fill out the paperwork complement on the ease of the system.

Pros

We are able to add surveys for our patients to take which has been tremendously helpful in our assessment process. Getting the scores for the surveys is also tremendously easy.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Abbie from Legacy Health

A Telehealth Video Visit platform that works!

Implementing Mend has been a huge win for our organization, which was struggling with another telehealth platform during the peak of the COVID shutdowns. Mend has been easy for providers and patients to use, making healthcare more accessible, and the service we've received from Mend leadership has been exceptional. We're very happy with our experience!

Pros

Mend is easy for our patients to access, and the Instant Virtual Exam Room function makes it so simple to get a visit link to our patients or their caregivers. In just the few months that we've been using the software, Mend has pushed out several helpful enhancements, like connectivity logging, so we can easily see whether connection issues are on a patient side or our side, and improved Group Visit functionality. Their live chat support model has been fantastic!

Cons

There are a few things we wish were customizable to our organization, that aren't, like the content of certain messages that patients receive, and some demographic fields. We wish it was easier to invite third parties to a video visit further in advance of the visit.

Reasons for Choosing Mend

Mend was designed as a Telehealth platform from the start and felt more appropriate to use in healthcare. They offered live chat support for our staff as well as our patients, which no other platform offered, and they touted an incredibly high connection success rate.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

Previous platform had serious tech infrastructure issues, resulting in numerous unplanned downtimes. Poor vendor communication and inability to meet our business requirements in a timely fashion.

Emoniel from Medical Services

Mend review

Mend provides a means to utilize virtual/video visits with patients who otherwise would not be able to make it to the clinic. Virtual healthcare allows patients better access to healthcare.

Pros

Once the video gets going, it is super streamlined. The user interface is fairly intuitive and I like how the appointment you're supposed to be in is lit up in a different color, and that it gives you multiple options on whether to start the video visit or to wait in a waiting room to be notified.

Cons

Often times logging in to get the browser open or verifying the provider gets tricky, but it seems like the process has been streamlined even compared to a few months ago since it seems to recognize the user easily now.

Ashley from Impower

Mostly good.

Pros

I get to create my own schedule, it is cool to talk to clients via webcam, I like that clients can sign forms through it. I like the paint and texting feature.

Cons

It is very slow to schedule appointments and process assessments. Once you select submit or book it takes longer than other websites to load. I do not like how you have to wait after each session scheduled for it to load and go back to the dashboard and then you can click to schedule another appointment. When you upload an assessment it would be cool it if were not two steps, if you could just upload the assessment such as treatment plan when you first assign the assessment rather than having to go back to the dashboard and upload it onto the designated assessment for the specific client. It would be good if it works better with smaller band with or slower internet. Sometimes it makes me log in twice even with correct password, sometimes it starts running my camera when I am not in a session and have not selected to start a session. There are a lot of clients with double names in the system which is frustrating because I have to make sure and select the accurate one, not the one with the fake e-mail. Sometimes people are unable to sign the forms on their cellphones even though we are told they do not have to download it, I have watched them attempt while I am on the call and it does not allow them to click submit or sign.It would be cool if there could be more interactive games the therapist and client could play through Mend together during session.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the feedback, it's great! Using the Rebook or Assessment feature from the Actions menu should make setting up appointments and assigning paperwork simpler. Did you know you can set recurring appointments as well? All of the issues described with the video connection should be fully resolved for you now. If you have any further issues, please let us know and we're happy to help.

Rachel from LifeSource, Inc.

Mixed Feelings- Healthcare

We do love our direct customer support rep, but several issues we've had to escalate beyond them have not had a valid response from management. Those include HIPAA issues, state and federal telehealth regulations, business associates agreement concerns, etc. Major compliance (healthcare) issues with this product were not taken seriously. Concerned upper management does not understand relevant regulatory governance enough to ensure product is, and remains, in compliance. If NOT using for healthcare, then it's not a concern as this product works as described and meets needs for non-healthcare organizations.

Pros

End-user experience is great, first level customer support is also wonderful. Meets many of our basic needs and offers a lot more flexibility than other products we've used (of same type). Mend tech team wonderful at making changes as we request them and finding solutions for alternate workflows. Great implementation process.

Cons

Major healthcare compliance concerns and as an organization, we've had to do much of the groundwork to both identify and push to resolve, including educate vendor on why it was a concern. We discovered very serious flaws in patient consent process that indicate Mend does not actually meet multiple federal standards (HIPAA, CMS Regs, and UETA, E-Sign Act) in this area, despite their contract and all business materials clearly stating they do. We brought this to their attention immediately (Feb 2020) and have had a very frustrating path to resolution and are not entirely sure it's resolved still (Sept 2020). Multiple attempts to get, in writing, explanation of issue and resolution (to support our organization as we are liable for this issue in any audit) with no response at all. Very poor communication re: resolving and not much accountability. In addition, reporting functionality is lacking. Only very basic reports can be obtained.

Reasons for Choosing Mend

The practice management/ front office features.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

Better scheduling and EPM options with Mend. Needed more flexibility.

Jennifer from Self-Employed

Mend

My overall experience with Mend was helpful, a lot of other software don't give you the tools to be able to show X-rays and other documents that your doctor would want to share with you.

Pros

Mend is very easy to use when getting into touch with your doctor. I only used this software once to go over my X-rays on my back. I like that you can use this on your computer or your cell phone, makes it very convenient. You have ton's of different chat tools and can video chat with your doctor while going over results.

Cons

The downer of this software is how much is it. I think the price rounds around $100 to $200 bucks which is way to pricey for me, and there's no way I could afford that especially when there is so many different ways over the computer or your cell that you can use to talk to your doctor. My doctor wanted me to use this software to be able to access my X-Rays and see what's going on which is why is was free for me just this once.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

I made sure to switch to Zoom because it's completely free no matter what, and since then I haven't used Mend because we already got to go over my results where he could show me what's going on with my back. Mean while I was grateful for mend because it was simple to be able to see my own X-rays so that we can figure out the next step of where to go from here.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied July 2020

Mend does not charge a patient to use the services. Any patient responsibility is between the patient and the provider. Mend starts at $49 per provider per month.

Karissa from Karissa J Kelley Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

The best option for my needs

Mend is the best platform available for my needs (I've tested Doxy and zoom as well). Most of the "cons" I've experienced are works in progress at Mend. The Mend team is always working to improve and update the platform. I'm excited to see what else they have in store.

Pros

1. Clients do not have to download software. 2. Scheduling appointments with automatic reminders. 3. Alerts when the client signs in for the appointment. 4. Very few audio / visual challenges. 5. Excellent customer service. 6. Mend shows you the strength of both your internet connection and your clients internet connection. 7. When clients join a session, clients must enter same dob as I have listed in their chart before being allowed into the waiting room.

Cons

1. Clients can't sign on without an appointment (like with Doxy) 2. No virtual background option (like with zoom) 3. I wish the settings (mine and what I set for the clients) had more detailed options. 4. I wish I knew the details of what / when Mend sent clients reminders or alerts. For example, I didn't know until clients told me that Mend was sending them daily reminders to test their speed. 5. The platform seems to use more bandwidth than other hipaa compliant platforms as evidenced by increased lagging or delays. 6. No way to hide the thumbnail picture of myself (or for the client to hide their thumbnail image). 7. Clients must be over 18. 8. Mend notifies me at the time of the appointment if the client is in the waiting room. I wish Mend notified me when the client joined regardless of whether they are early, on time, or late. 9. The notifications don't always come to me. 10. It's not always easy to tell if a client is waiting (EG. Their appointment doesn't turn green without refreshing the page).

Reasons for Choosing Mend

HIPAA compliant and Clients don't need to download software

Candice from DocSource

Customizable

Overall I feel that Mend is a good platform and what I love most is that they are always working on continued improvements.

Pros

Mend is always willing to work with us on how to make improvements to the platform or our process to make it easier for our providers, staff, and patients.

Cons

With any tech there will always be glitches and or issues with connectivity. There are certain providers/patients that report issues with loss of video or audio.

Customization and cost

Reasons for Switching to Mend

They discontinued their service.

Rori from Canvas Health

Mend Review

Overall, good, but some recent changes, I do not appreciate.

Pros

Cons

Some clients complain about being able to get on, especially if using their cell phone. Logging on difficulties and occasional difficulties in being able to stay on for an hour are common complaints. I do not like that the cell phone icon was recently moved into a different location, and if it is used to remind a client of their appointment, you can't use it again as it does not populate the phone number. You have to go back to find their phone number. I don't like that change, at all. While it is fairly easy to schedule appointments, multiple steps are needed, such as needing to enter the session length and the provider every time you schedule. If we schedule multiple appointments at a time, streamlining this process would help so that multiple clicks are not necessary.

Rannon from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Reoccurring Issues that Never Get Addressed

Unresponsive and overall bad tech. I would not recommend your service to others in behavioral health. I wish so badly we would switch to Zoom or WebEx. I have been begging our director about this since this has all started 6 months ago. I gave your organization grace and was patient due to all that has been going on, but you have made some steep promises that you could handle this. I don't see you stepping up to the plate to address something so basic around reliability that has me rather upset.

Pros

The ease of use and certain functionalities are nice, however they don't always work such as the share your screen function is very hit or miss.

Cons

Since we have started on this venture with your organization I constantly hear negative feedback from my clinical staff of 10 providers that client's get dropped from their group, client's can't login due to the email never getting sent out, and my providers getting removed from the group. It appears that anytime the group size is over 8-10 individuals present the platform implodes and becomes very shaky from a performance standpoint. All of my providers have 14-16 clients each group, so every group gets impacted by this. It's not just one of them. I worry about how long this is going to go on for un-addressed. I hold a staffing every week with my providers and it's the first thing they ask about, "when is Mend going to fix this?" They use the tech support line when they have the time to do it, but usually they have found the feedback is never helpful. My providers are very frustrated and I am quite frankly tired of hearing about it. Please, I beg you look into upgrading your servers, software, or whatever you think would fix this issue. It has gone on far too long. It's a running joke about your service with our client's and it's affecting the way people want to engage in virtual care with us.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied September 2020

Rannon, thank you for the feedback. We have released many changes and we're pushing to get them implemented. We have a new setting to decrease resources needed for large groups. We have feature to dial in people over the phone with poor equipment or connectivity. Offering group capability over the Web was brand new development performed for your organization specifically. We agreed to a date to deliver this brand new feature and then a pandemic happened. We still met our delivery date and no other company or team would have been able to deliver on schedule like we did. We're very proud of that. Any new development during a global pandemic is going to experience some bumps in the road. We appreciate your patience and we're pushing as well to get changes made deployed to everyone.

Shampa from Health care

Industry: Mental Health Care

Use Mend for your telemedicine service provision and to keep your charts updated.

This is my first job providing telehealth services. The connection is usually been easy and I am able to see when someone is logged on and if I may need to send a reminder out to my client. I love how I can see if a form has been reviewed and is ready for me to export to my chart. I think Mend is a pioneer in the industry and I am glad my agency opted to use this platform for outpatient therapy services. Keep coming to us with the improvements. They are great so far!

Pros

Ease of scheduling clients, sending test messages for appointment reminders, using the screen share for educational materials, collecting co-pays with transactions, and sending assessments and forms for completion.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like the person trying to help me with problems does not know what I am referring to clinically, but I have always gotten a quick response back, if my need was not addressed.

Theresa from Pipe Trades Family Health and Wellness

Learning Curve

It has more challenges for sure than zoom. Transmissions are frequently unclear / cut out. Perhaps Zoom has stronger, wider-ranging connections, not sure. I would say that while there are some things that are good about mend, I don't love it overall.

Pros

I like that mend alerts patients before their appt about the upcoming appt and allows them to prepare themselves and be waiting for the appt to start.

Cons

Connections are often poor, frequently cuts out, sometimes have an echo. I do not like that you have to be near wifi (doesn't always work for our patients) and that there are so many parameters for it to be successful (i.e. have to use safari with iphone but chrome with Macbook - lots of these considtions). I also wish the image of the patient could be minimized so that you can be working on you own emr notes (not in the mend notes) while seeing the patient. I also wish group meetings were easier to access.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

My company made the switch. Thought it provided additional safety measure - more HIPAA compliant.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied September 2020

Theresa, we are so grateful for your feedback. We have several options to improve connectivity. Some of the options are as follows: App, Appless, low resource mode, network, firewall, VPN testing, proactive monitoring, and more. We are also the only platform that tracks connectivity data. If you do ever experience an issue in a session, you can go into the Actions menu and review the connection details for the entire session. Lastly, we have a new dialer feature that allows you to connect an unlimited number of phone numbers. This is a fallback option if the patient is unable to connect to video. Mend is responsive. You can shrink it down to any size so that the majority of your screen is your EHR. On Windows, for example, hit the Windows Key + the Left or Right arrows. That shrinks a screen to 50% and you can make it even smaller. Macs and Smartphones allow for multi-tasking as well like the split scree view described. I'll have some reach out and correct this for you right away.

Robert from Nava Health & Vitality

Mend

-Mend overall is a very convenient app with great potential. I'm excited to see Mend continue to progress as our company expands.

Pros

-Allowing us to personalize the app/site to support our company's logo -Tech support is quick to respond and resolve critical issues -The most recent updates appears to offer clearer video and audio

Cons

-The app for the smartphone offers a login feature that doesn't seem to be necessary. Clients are able to open the app and just enter their 6 digit code without having to login first. This confuses some clients. -Idle timeouts that require you to log back in frequently -The syncing between our system and theirs doesn't always update properly. i.e. if an appointment was marked out in our system. During the next cycle, the old appointment will populate into Mend as though it still needs to take place. -The reporting tools could be updated to review certain pieces of information to help our practice run more efficiently.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Thank you for this great feedback. The portal login link within the app is being removed in the next release this month. We're happy to explore more robust integration options to keep the two systems in better synchronization. There are limitations on the EHR side that we are having to work around currently.

Linnette from Impower

User Friendly

AS I mention before I really love the customer service, I had brought an issue before to them and within days it was resolve making my experience better than before.

Pros

Mend is very easy to use and it has an amazing customer service. I have ask questions and ask for the Mend team to help me and they have always been quick to respond and help me with whatever issue I might have.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the clients to be prompt to make their own payments, by inputting their credit or debit cards themselves and if the card is declined then they couldn't proceed to their appointment. However I understand that the Mend team works everyday to improved their software.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it. We can collect the payment during the appointment booking process. We will follow up to gather your feedback and discuss possible options. 2/14/19 - We talked to Linnette and we had the ability to solve the payment problem with our digital forms and come up with a much better workflow to solve the payment issue.

Sarah from Biotek Labs LLC

My job just got way too easy.

I am able to process everything faster, especially getting signatures from the doctors and patients. I don't have to spend hours uploading paper into my computer- with Mend, its already there.

Pros

I LOVE that my administrative time has been cut down. Because I save so much time with Mend, I have more time to call my patients, see more patients, and process them faster. At the end of the day, medicine is a business, so time is money. Now I can actually do more of what matters; help my patients... and help the business. The Mend customer service team is amazing. I always get an immediate response, and a quick resolution to my question. If there is a complicated issue, they stay in contact with me via email through every step. I never feel forgotten about, or like my questions are pointless. They seem to appreciate the feedback, and work hard to keep us happy.

Cons

Cheryl from Family Medicine at Greenhill.

Very positive. Customer support is awesome

Pros

It is easy to use for most patients. It works well and allows our clinicians to see both the patient and their chart at the same time. Additionally our staff is able to trouble shoot any in house problems or issues pretty easily. The schedule works well and is easy to use.

Cons

It does not work on every platform and it is hard to tell which platforms it does and doesn't work on. Many of the patients we would like to target for this program do not have the technology to use this service.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied August 2017

Mend works on any device - desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile and every platform - Windows, Android, Apple, and any other device with an Internet connection. Video works on any device as well that has Chrome, Firefox, IE, Android, or iOS covering 98-99% of the market. Microsoft and Apple are committed to supporting video as well in Edge and Safari.

Bethany from Hearten Studio

Good product

My overall experience with Mend has been great! I am able to see clients from all over the country. No matter if I am traveling or at a different office, I am able to have full therapy sessions.

Pros

Cons

You do need to have a strong internet connection for it work really well. This can be pretty frustrating when you don't or strong internet is not available in certain areas of the country.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied December 2018

Thank you for the review, we appreciate it! We have major performance improvements to video releasing the first week of the new year (Jan. '19). Video will require even less bandwidth and we'll have better support for group video sessions. There will also be a new design to make it even easier to use.

Simple interface but some adjustment with more complicated functions

I used Mend to work with my clients in scheduling appointments and managing my own billing. It was great for simpler messaging, but a little more difficult when insurance arrangements were complicated. Overall it was a good experience.

Pros

I like the ease of scheduling and sending information to clients. I can see quickly who is having trouble attending appointments and integrating that with my own billing management.

Cons

Some of my clients still have some trouble understanding the software, and I've had to spend some time explaining it to them instead of being able to look it up themselves.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied April 2019

If you direct your patients to our Help button, we respond within 20 seconds and we can help your patients with their first use so you don't have to spend time on that. Also, if you're using our digital forms, why not have a training form to set expectations? You could inform them of policies, include FAQs, discuss any technology, etc. Thank you for the review!

Scott from Zoom+Care

A useful tool for video communications with a few flaws

It's alright. Having to make a profile for each patient that schedules a video visit is a pain in the butt, I want there to be some way for the patient to create their own account, or a way to seamlessly transfer our EMR information to create a mend account without wasting all this time copy/pasting patient info.

Pros

Easy to register patients into the system, patients can confirm that their tech works prior to the appointment.

Cons

we have no automated software to link mend to our EMR, so every mend patient must be added manually. A little frustrating, especially if someone makes a last minute video visit and we have to stop what were doing to add them into mend real fast before their appointment start time. There is also no feedback that the patient database is being queried when you search for it, so it's hard to tell if there are no users with that name, or if the database hasn't finished it's search yet. I often times end up making duplicate patient profiles just because I think the patient is not in the system when they are, the database was just slow to show me that. The speed in which search query finishes varies between half a second to almost 10 seconds. Add one of those spinning "searching" icons so I know it's still searching.

Megan from CNMC

Mend Review

Works pretty well overall. Some patient have trouble if they need to show something and flip their camera around.

Pros

Easy to use, pretty good picture and sound quality.

Cons

Can't do throat exams, light just shines back into the camera. Some people have difficulty getting it set up or using their cameras.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Awesome feedback, thank you! In order to do throat exams you might need something like a Firefly Otoscope. Patients may not always have this available to them. Some smartphones can handle this. The Mend system does adjust automatically on both Android and iOS for closeups. However, relying on the patient to angle the camera and lighting just right could be an issue. Regardless, we will investigate further to see if there is anything we can do here. If we make further changes, we will follow up and let you know.

Lacey from LifeSource, Inc.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Terrible Experience so far!!!!

Terrible. Worst system I have ever used. Very frustrating to work with the mend team and the software. Extremely slow and slows down my whole day having to wait for the system to load.

Pros

There is nothing much to like. The system and terribly slow and there are a lot of errors that we keep having that the IT team is not fixing or attempts to fix but never solves the issue completely.

Cons

1. Runs extremely slow no matter what wifi connection I am using, or what I am trying to do in the system. Everything is so slow. Most definitely a system error not a connection error. 2. Many features do not work properly. Example: Rebooking option does not rebook patients for the correct time slot. Another example is when I added a credit card to a new patient that I added to the system and scheduled, then I went to check out a completely different patient and the new credit card I entered was linked to the established patients account. 3. Customer service/ IT. Customer services responds back to our requests quickly but nothing is ever solved. If the IT team "solves" an issue we are having it may work one time then will go back to not working properly.. Just like the rebook option. Our company has had many requests to change things up in the system and nothing has been done yet

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We will follow up and see if we can make further adjustments to assist. It is worth noting that during your implementation your scheduling product went out of business. We do not offer Mend as a practice management scheduling system. This review describes an off label use of our product where all the pros and cons were discussed in advance. The way the product is used in this scenario is not something that we actually market and sell.

Vicki from Carolina Partners in Mental Health

MEND SOFTWARE REVIEW

Overall it has been helpful to see clients who are unable to be seen in persons.

Pros

I like the new telehealth platform for viewing/seeing/meeting with clients I like the new virtual waiting room

Cons

The software is often slow, and takes several seconds to switch between screens (such as when rescheduling with patient while he/she is still online) As well during this interaction it is very hard to tell what is a block or what is an actual appt. Because my organization uses 2platfirms advanced MD and MEND, I often have to look between the 2 calendars which is time consuming. It would be nice if it were more seamless

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Great feedback, appreciate it. Your implementation has a bi-directional interface. You can drop the appointment in Mend or AMD and it shows up in the other system in real-time. We'll follow up and address your concerns.

Heidi from New Directions Northwest, Inc

Industry: Mental Health Care

Very secure and great features!

Mend has been very helpful during the COVID pandemic. As the need for increased access to telehealth platforms occurred, it was such a relief to already have the Mend product and have staff familiar with the telehealth process. I would highly recommend!

Pros

The software is very easy/intuitive to use. The company has made improvements over the past year that are comparable to other products being used for telehealth. As a mental health provider and with COVID 19, the need for telehealth became critical. This platform is secure and I love the features that include reminding clients of appointments and reminding them that assessments or other documents need to be completed!

Cons

One aspect of the software that is more cumbersome than other platforms in that you are required to enter each client into the system individually rather than having a simple link that can be shared with the client without having to enter each unique client's information into the system. However, this is only a minimal amount of time/effort required to do so.

Elliott from Housing Works Inc.

Not Something I Would Recommend

Constant interruptions during mid-session. Most sessions video calls get completely cut off. On the extremely rare occasion the call doesn't get cut off entirely, I usually have an issue with either the audio or the video (hearing an echo of voices, voice cutting out or lagging, video disappears or being of poor quality)

Pros

I unfortunately do not have any positive feedback about this software, it's terrible.

Cons

Compared to other telehealth services, this software is not stable. It is rare that I have a full session with a client from start to finish without interruption or some form of issue. I often have to use our back up telehealth service Doxy Me which is always more reliable and stable had has significantly less interruptions. If my employer didn't require me to initiate sessions via Mend, I would not use it at all.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

Because my employer required me to. We still use Doxy Me as a back up when Mend crashes. This occurs the majority of my sessions on Mend, it's extremely rare that a Mend session runs smoothly with out interruption. I would not personally make the choice to use Mend, if I was not required to by the agency I work for. Mend has far to many issues, and it creates frustrations for my clients (as well as myself) because of constant interruptions that do not occur when I use Doxy Me as a back up service.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied September 2020

Elliott, we appreciate your time to describe your experience with Mend. We have several options to improve connectivity. Some of the options are as follows: App, Appless, low resource mode, network, firewall, VPN testing, proactive monitoring, and more. We are also the only platform that tracks connectivity data. If you do ever experience an issue in a session, you can go into the Actions menu and review the connection details for the entire session. Lastly, we have a new dialer feature that allows you to connect an unlimited number of phone numbers. This is a fallback option if the patient is unable to connect to video. I'll have some reach out and correct this for you right away.

Stevee from Clarity Healthcare

MEND Review

I have been able to cut down patient check in time when checking into their first appointment. They don't have to sit and fill out paperwork before seeing the provider and can do it all on their smart phones in the comfort of their homes. This has also cut down on patients checking in late to their appointments. Overall, I think it has been a great use for our intake team and from what I hear, the providers find if very easy to use as well.

Pros

Although I am not a provider offering services through MEND, I use it often to send registration paperwork to patients. I have experienced a training with MEND and the customer support was excellent and easy to follow. Anytime you have a question, someone responds very quickly. What I like most about the software is how easy it is to navigate and input data.

Cons

I'm being completely honest when I say that I don't have any issues with using MEND for the things I do. The only thing that took a few tries for me to remember was setting up a child under age 18; I had to remind myself to also obtain all parent/guardian information too, such as date of birth. Everything has been smooth sailing other than that.

Carolyn from Carolyn S. Spiro, MD

Great first experience with telemedicine through Mend --wish I could interest more patients.

Pros

It's great that I can use it on computer, tablet and/or iphone. I've used all different modalities and usually find iphone or tablet works great though I do need the computer for complete functionality. The experience is the closest to a life-like face to face call -- there's no time delay and the image is quite stable for the most part. If I use my iphone my patients tell me they see me looking directly at them. I love the fact that when my patients travel or when there are snow days I can still "see" them.

Cons

I wish the experience at my end felt as life-like--meaning, since I'm doing psychotherapy I often feel I don't get to make actual eye contact with my patients -- as if they're either looking slightly downwards (at my image on the screen which is off the camera angle or on the smaller image of themselves.) If I could look directly in their eyes as I would in person and they could look back while both of us looking exactly at each other on screen it would be a much more immediately personal experience. I also don't like the fact that any incoming call disrupts the conversation...

Lars from Community Medical Services

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great Software

My overall experience was satisfactory with guaranteed ease of a work day regarding this matter. ALL IN ALL its a VERY GOOD software.

Pros

This Software allows you to immediately check individuals into a very easy to understand and access database were the Provider on the other end can immediately see that patients appointment time, date, name, DOB, additional comments, etc.. Allowing a very easy work flow as well as client waiting time to decrease and client care increase.

Cons

N/A. I do not have much to say on the opposing side.

Carla from family medicine at greenhill

Overall Mend has been a great addition to our office.

ability to see more patients

Pros

The customer service with Mend is the best. They are available all the time. I never have to log a problem someone is ready to assist as soon as you call or hit the HELP button.

Cons

We have trouble connecting to patients when they are not on wifi. We lose out on at least 1/2 of our visits b/c patients are not connecting on wifi and their cell service is not strong enough to conduct the visit.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied September 2017

The best way to make sure the patient side is flawless is to reinforce that they test prior to each visit. If you can make them test, the patient side always run smooth.

BELINDA from Porter Medical Associates

Recommending Mend

Patients love it and it is very convenient

Pros

If your schedule is fully booked you can always offer the patient a telehealth appointment

Cons

The only downfall is when you have patients booked and they cannot connect or the system is down. If it is the patients first time using it, they will refuse to try and use it again

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Our uptime and video connection rates remain extremely high at almost 100%. Patients can use the help button where our average response time is currently at 19 seconds if they ever have any issues connecting.

Ashley from UofSC Student Health Services

Mend is great

Pros

I liked most that it was easy to add users to the system whenever needed. Also the implementation team and customer service team were ALWAYS available and willing to help with any changes or issues we needed.

Cons

The scheduling was a little tiresome. There are a lot of steps to add a provider's schedule and then schedule a patient. Also, it was not hooked up to our EHR so everything had to be hand entered.

SUSAN from Gi Care for kids

Mend review

I will definitely not recommend this product, there are many on the market that are much more user friendly and easier to use.

Pros

It is very simple to set up the template.

Cons

The problem is that it is very archaic. The features are very non user friendly. It is difficult to navigate to find a patient, its almost working backwards, instead of present time onwards, its completely backwards. When you are searching for a patient on the schedule, they no longer appear on the list view of the schedule.

Reasons for Choosing Mend

This was the only thing that we could get up and running in the midst of the pandemic, in hte timeframe we needed it running.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied September 2020

Susan, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. You can find things very quickly in Mend. The appointment booking flow starts by searching for a patient. The calendar view allows you to filter and start with availability. Throughout Mend if you locate a patient or an appointment, the Actions menu contains shortcuts to book new appointments or modify appointments. We have Ad-hoc and Instant workflows that require very little effort to make visit happen now or schedule them with lightning speed. The Appointment page allows you to search and locate historical using all kind of patient and appointment data. Finally, we offer the ability to import patients and appointment, setup full bi-directional integration with the EHR/PMS, or even launch patient self-scheduling. Since you had to launch rather quickly, I will have someone follow up to assist.

Decent Program

This is the better of the two programs I've used, with a lot of options, and the Mend team working to make it a user friendly experience.

Pros

Video platform is easy to use, customer service typically provides a quick response.

Cons

Some tasks take multiple steps and wish they could be incorporated to speed the process.

Harry from FourOaksGroup, LLC

Mend

Great experience. Mend services are clearly on strategically important and constructive directions.

Pros

New era information management and communication. Burning need in US Health Care

Cons

Too Physician Practice Oriented. Important opportunity for being more consumer oriented

Michelle from (optional)

Just so-so

Overall ok, but could sure be improved w/ features & integration with EHR

Pros

Pretty easy to learn. Generally reliable - and lots of emails if malfunctioning. Has lots of tip sheets. Patients don't have to download an app

Cons

Limited features (e.g., screen share would be nice); not connected to EHR so have to schedule/check out appts in 2 places which is a real hassle.

Jacquelyn from Chickasaw Nation Medical Center Pediatrics

Great system, easy to use for patients and providers.

Great asset to our patients!

Pros

I am the scheduler, not a provider, but this system is so easy to use on my end. The couple times I have had a question or had a new situation I hadn't seen arise I was able to send a help request and was almost immediately connected to a tech and issue resolved extremely quickly.

Cons

The one thing I wish could be different is having mom, dad, and children all together. As it is, the child can be under either dad or mom, it would be great to have them together and be accessible by either parent.

Kari from Clarity Healthcare

Pros

It does save time. Allows patients less waiting time.

Cons

The set up process seemed difficult. It took our office some time to get it set up.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Appreciate the feedback. We do everything possible to make implementation as smooth as possible. We have dedicated account managers, live training, instant support, and more. Your account manager will design workflows for your new digital environment along with detailed project timelines and deliverables. Most other products let you sign up and leave it on you to master everything. Not at Mend, we're here every step of the way to provide assistance so that you are successful.

Michael from Impower

Honest reveiw of Mend software

I use mend to talk directly to clients for therapy outside of my normal business area.

Pros

I like the ability to use the service with both the website and the mobile app. Customer service has a chat feature which is very helpful and timely.

Cons

Sometimes it is not as clear or regular face time. It tends to get choppy but that could be based on the users internet connection.

Tammy from Choctaw Nation Health Services

Customer Service is Phenomenal!!

Their support teams are the best I have dealt with. They are patient, knowledgeable, and accessible. The software is easily maneuvered, and does exactly what we need it to do for our clinic.

Pros

It is very user friendly, easily set up, and easily edited

Cons

that there are many functions that we have to contact MEND to do, rather than us having access... such as some reports

Amber from Middleton Pediatrics

Mend

Pros

Mend is a great software for every office to use. The efficiency of the overall software to allow messages to get from patients to providers without having to come into the office is amazing!

Cons

How many steps it takes to actually get the mend visit into the chart. They have tried fixing send to EMR but it is not a quick process.

Portia from Carolina Partners in Mental HealthCare, PLLC

Mend Review

Mend takes forever to coincide with our scheduling program and sometimes does not transfer scheduled appointments.

Pros

The easy format and step-by-step features.

Cons

The pop-up glitches that occur from time to time and the slow delays in between clicks.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the feedback!! Great news, AdvancedMD has allowed us to utilize their APIs. This means that the data will flow effortlessly between the two systems. Most of the time, integration hurdles are a result of limitations on the side of the EHR or PM and what they have available or if they have anything available.

Kristin from TSB

Love it

Pros

Mend is quick and easy to use. It’s simple for anyone to start up

Cons

Not a thing. It’s so easy to use and set up

Jacki from Community Counseling Solutions

Mental health therapist

Pros

I like that I can still interact with my clients from a distance over video format. It is fairly easy to use fro scheduling appointments and inputting patient information.

Cons

Often when I am on a call with a client, we have been cut off or the call is dropped, I am not sure if this is due to Mend or just their internet connections. I wish that the dashboard feature were easier to use, sometimes, I cannot find the appointments and have to look them up under "patients" tab.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

our company made the switch

Response from Mend VIP

Replied September 2020

Jacki, thank you so much for this information. We have a number of options to address any connection issues. Someone from support will follow up. All errors are recorded. You can see them in appointment details and we can see all errors for all your appointments to assist. We also have numerous options in development as we're always striving to have the best Telehealth experience on the planet. When support reaches out, I will have them check your Dashboard. You may have data being displayed that we can turn off or clear nightly be turning on certain settings.

Frances from IMPOWER

Mend review

I love that you can make a suggestion and majority of the time Mend is able to fix it and make it better.

Pros

I like that you are able to attach each payment to the appointment and add notes

Cons

That if you don't attached the payment to the appointment you have to do a lot of research to find out who the payment belongs to.

Robert from Integrative Hormone Consulting

A Success

I retired from my consult practice but wanted to continue on a limited basis. I moved out of state. Mend has made it possible to continue what I love. Helping patients.

Pros

Not being a technical savvy person. I found the Mend training program to be easy to learn. They were always there to help.

Cons

In the beginning we had difficulty communicating with the right person. This was quickly corrected with a conference call between my staff and Mend.

ASHLEY from Compassionate Certification Centers

So much better than Zoom!

LOVE IT!

Pros

Absolutely love Mend. Love the send a text feature.

Cons

Have to refresh audio frequently. If patient is on prior to nurse and doctor coming on, sometimes audio does not connect once we all come on and have to refresh for patient.

total company switch

Sarah from Okcic

Mend review

Pros

It’s pretty easy to use if all you want to do is a virtual visit

Cons

Connectivity sometimes is slow or drops.. also sometimes it is difficult for older patients or less technologically savvy individuals to use

Nancy from Community Counseling Solutions

Easy program

I make appointments and add clients. It's an easy system to use.

Pros

It is easy to schedule, add clients, find clients

Cons

I can't change the length of the appointment - once it's set, I can't change it for special purposes

Great program

Pros

It is easy to use and straight to the point.

Cons

Mend is very sensitive when it comes to connectivity. The calls are interrupted by even small dips in signal.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Video performance was revamped and you should no longer experience connectivity issues.

Florence from Chickasaw Nation Medical Center

MEND

We are able to cut down wait times for patients, our patients really like the option of seeing the provider from home and at their convience

Pros

It's easy to create new accounts for patients

Cons

I really like this software its easy for our patients to use

Tabitha from CHICKASAW NATION MEDICAL CENTER

awesome app!

Pros

I like having the convenience of be able to schedule appts for providers instead of having patients go into the hospital.

Cons

sometimes it glitches and patients find it most difficult being a first time user.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Amazing feedback, thank you! We always encourage patients to test prior to their first visit and we track that on the dashboard. We have instant support available within 30 seconds if they have any issues testing, connecting, or if you need help during the visit. With all of that, some patients might have a learning curve on their first visit and we're happy to help them. When patients experience our instant support and the convenience of telemedicine, they are usually hooked and become raving fans.