What are My Clients Plus users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using My Clients Plus software through verified user reviews

• icon"I like that templates can be saved and reused. That is helpful for quickly completing progress notes after seeing a client."
  • icon"I used it for a very small, very part-time practice mostly to have a paper trail for about a half dozen clients should they want receipts for payment."
  • icon"It is easy to use and they have the best customer service. When you call for help you get immediate solutions from a super friendly staff."
  • icon"I'm a little worried for when my old laptop dies."
  • icon"At times I have messed on and needed to correct a claim or payment but to do this you have to delete the service and then start all over."
  • icon"I think this product is very difficult to use. I don't like the layout of the website."

Browse all My Clients Plus Reviews

• Have you used My Clients Plus and would like to share your experience with others?

Matt

My Clients Plus is best product on the market.

My company has been associated with My Clients Plus for the past 11 years and services over 180 practices across the nation. During that period of time, we've had the opportunity to change software vendors that offered incentives and benefits that MCP didn't offer at that time. However, we never made a change because of the ability to MCP improve their product in order to improve on what their competitors offered. What stands out and is most important about work with MCP is the consistently high level of client service they provide. Nothing is too great or too small to deal with. The company has available, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful employees who go above and beyond any other software vendor I've ever worked with. This aspect of a relationship should not be overlooked because when it comes down to it, the various software vendors all have similar features. When you need someone or something addressed immediately, MCP has always stepped-up and resolved it in a minimal amount of time. I can't say enough about how wonderful it is to work with this company. Give them a shot, you will not be disappointed!

Pros

The learning curve, the ease of use and most importantly the service the company provides it's users.

Cons

There is nothing I can think of. Any time there has been a concern, MCP does whatever it takes to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Elizabeth

My Clients Plus is worth a look

Pros

If you are a psychiatrist and have been disappointed by EPIC, please look at my clients plus. You can format your own templates and use them easily. The data is stored offsite, so you don't need to worry about fires or floods destroying your computer and on-site backups.

Cons

I didn't like that there was not an electronic prescription piece available with mcp. I had to investigate and use a different product.

Reasons for switching to My Clients Plus

Epic was bulky and contained useless information and redundant documentation. While I agree a suicide risk assessment is crucial, it does not need to be completed 3 times within the course of a 30 minute medication management followup.

May 2022

Positive, helpful, thorough.

Ease of use, quick filing of claims; thorough in tracking data.

Pros

Neat and comprehensive format and functioning. A user can 1) get a guide to help, and can pay for assisted-filing until the user can grasp the process. Or 2) User can continue to rely on a rep for various function for a fee.

Cons

I'm not a techie, and it took a while to get up to speed. But screens are not cluttered, and the user can accustom oneself in a relatively short time.

Tracy

Industry: Mental Health Care

Advise on being user friendly

I do really love the ease of the system. I have used it for the past 6 years. I would just like to see some changes for it to help us grow as a business. I love the customer support we receive. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] usually helps me and she is the best.

Pros

This product is easy to use and the customer support I get from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is amazing. However there are a few features needed to better the portal. I love the ease of use and support.

Cons

Some of the Cons of this software are... Invoicing is not so user friendly. I should be able to do a date range and print up all invoices at once with all dates of service showing for date range not just a total. I should not have to go in and manually do all 200 of each providers client invoices. Also no ease of access for applying rebilled payments and updates. It is not easy to update a corrected claim and chop out the previous portion so that the client understands why it was billed out twice. Also when a clients payment is taken through instamed it should show up right in their account on MC+. We have to run the payment on Instamed and then have to apply through MC+.

karen

April 2022

I'm so glad I found My Clients Plus

Billing is easy and MCP staff is cooperative and available.

Pros

It's easy to use once you know how to use it! I had lots of help from My Clients Plus staff :)

Cons

It was frustrating and cumbersome initially and then [SENSITIVE CONTENT] saved me! And I've conquered the learning curve (mostly) Now it's easy to use.

Tracey

owner/therapist

i've left for other systems and always come back to mcp

Pros

ease of use - intuitive. The ability to customize the coding and fields.

Cons

reporting - i would like a custom report

Reasons for choosing My Clients Plus

I like the flow and ease of use. I also like the ability to customize the fields for my use and understanding.

took recommendation of peer

Janet

Industry: Mental Health Care

MCP for a small psychology practice

I am currently in the process of relocating my office. Not having masses of paper files to move is a relief.

Pros

I purchased MCP in 2013 when many newer software products were not available. I spoke with colleagues and they were primarily using MCP and were pleased. I have appreciated the customer service when I couldn't figure something out on my own. Generally, the product is intuitive, flexible and reliable. After eight years with MCP I am still satisfied.

Cons

I find the month-end statement process a bit duplicative and tedious.

Lisa

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Good Deal for Individual Practices

Pros

Software is easy to navigate and quick to get up and running.

Cons

Billing clients/invoicing could be more user friendly. I sometimes find it difficult to run the specific time period I am trying to bill for.

April 2022

great billing software

Pros

As a solo-practitioner neuropsychologist I do not need many of the bells and whistles that some billing and practice management software provides. I was able to purchase a low-volume but high quality service that did just what I wanted. MCP customer service always answered emails within 24 hours (usually same day) and was available easily by phone. They always answered my questions fully.

Cons

Medicare as secondary payor could sometimes be tricky but this improved over the years.

Marc Joseph

May 2022

Check your Health

10/10 Really effective on my work.

Pros

I love how it organizes the data and manages the information of our clients

Cons

I love all things about this software for it makes my work easier.

Claire

Industry: Mental Health Care

There are so many benefits to using this product and the customer support is outstanding!

Ease of filing claims and knowing they are being filed per industry standards. Ease of tracking information for each client as well as payments made by clients. The back up and support available by well informed representatives of MCP

Pros

The ease entering new client information through the process of entering sessions and filing electronically is a seamless process. I started using this system since 2007 and MCP is always on top of industry standards and continuously improving features with no price increase. I refuse to pay a biller when I can electronically file primary and secondary claims for all the insurance companies all in one place. Isn't that amazing !! You can easily see whether your claims have processed correctly so that you can correct any errors you have made. I no longer file paper claims and the electronic filing process serves as proof of a claim being submitted so I am assured that the insurance companies will acknowledge and pay. An added feature which I love is the ability to use charge card payments with each session by using the pay now option . I can't believe how much this system makes my life so much easier to track all aspects of my business....love it !

Cons

Like any system, it takes learning how to use it but I have found that when I needed help to learn the system, the staff was so helpful, answering questions within a very short time. The most cumbersome part of the process is entering eob's but even that has become faster. I do not feel a need to enter and use all the accounting aspects of the system and that works ok for me.

Kathy

Psychiatry Use

Overall it has been good. They have added a lot of features since we started using it 12 years ago. It is easy to use. Wish it had prescription integration.

Pros

I like that it is fairly easy to use and doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles that a psychiatry practice doesn't need in comparison to a regular medical practice.

Cons

I don't like that you have to do a lot of clicking around just to print an invoice or to apply a partial payment or write off some of the amount due in different screens. I wish we could enter everything in one screen before invoicing it. I also wish that the list of past appointments for a patient could be tagged with a no show or a late cancel so we didn't have to write it in the notes below a patient's profile instead. I also wish it would list the balance of a patient right on the calendar next to their name because we often miss the fact that a patient still owes money. you don't see that amount unless you actually click on the patient's profile.

Reasons for choosing My Clients Plus

It was more simple and less expensive than other and didn't have a lot of features we didn't need at the time.

Diane

Terrific Support, Very Good Deal

The support staff is wonderful. The support staff is amazing. Like with most complex software, there is a learning curve at the beginning. These people will continue to talk you through smaller problems and make training appointments with you for more complex issues that are a little hard to wrap around at first (such as secondary insurances).

Pros

This software is easy to use (once trained), saves a ton of time not having to enter insurance payment information manually, and it comes a a much more reasonable price than other therapist billing and electronic record software. I love being able to charge client's for their co-pays, co-insurances, and deductibles as soon as I get the electronic claims in. Because this happens very quickly, I save a lot of money not having to bill clients, not chasing after them two months or more after their session date, etc. I get indicators if something has gone wrong with the billing and I can easily fix it and re-submit.

Cons

I did run into one rare incident in which I was not able to bill Regence as the secondary insurance when Humana was the primary. I could run the secondary through Availity, but I looked into that and it seemed so cumbersome as to not be worth the small secondary payment.

Jeff

10 Year User

Great overall experience. Many time saving features without an overabundance of mouse clicks to get things done. Fair price for the product. The product is always expanding and improving. I have, and will continue to, recommend it to other therapists.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and fits into my work flow well. Doing billing and writing notes is not why I got into this field, but My Clients Plus makes those tasks about as hassle free as possible. MC+ has always had outstanding and very responsive customer service. I only have to contact them a couple times per year, but they are always fast and thorough with their responses.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to customize the list of interventions and the section with the list of treatment foci rather than having to find a template with the closest fit. It would also be nice if the items not checked in the list of interventions would not show up on the final note. Jituzu works well, but my clients have difficulty remembering the name, which seems to make them less likely to use the client portal, especially infrequent users.

Jen

My Clients Plus for speech pathology

Pros

We have used MCP for ten years and have been very happy with the program. MCP is very user friendly and has fantastic customer support, always available for any and all questions. With updates and new features being added through the years, MCP provides exceptional quality of medical billing and patient account management. They also offer many add on programs (ie Jituzu) which interfaces to further streamline all aspects of medical practice.

Cons

Some forms or processes are not able to be edited after created, rather they need to be deleted and completely recreated. For example, if a session is billed incorrectly it cannot be edited. The session needs to be completely deleted and a new session created/billed. It can be tedious if numerous sessions are needing to be edited. MCP also does not have an app version which would be remarkably game changing if it did! Understandably it would be difficult to maintain HIPAA compliance in such a program, but would be a wonderful addition if it could be accomplished.

Kim

Easy to use, very affordable, perfect for a solo or small practice.

Easy to use, affordable, provides everything you need to run a small practice from a calendar to electronic claims to notes.

Pros

It is very easy to use especially the billing portion which seems to be set up with a therapist in mind and not an accountant or billing specialist. One click on the EOB and everything is filled in on the claim for the insurance portion. If needing a secondary filing, that is just one click also. I like the color coding for different types of appts. and a To Do list. The layout has been recently updated and looks nice and easy to navigate.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to correct a mistake. At times I have messed on and needed to correct a claim or payment but to do this you have to delete the service and then start all over. Progress notes could use some improvement such as clicking on a session to complete a progress notes populates that progress note with information from the session such as date and time of session as well as session code. Also wish it had a report for missing progress notes.

Amy

Easy to use, help available if/ when you need it.

I've been using it for 5 years. I find this software interface to be intuitive, efficient, and easy to use. At the same time that it's easy to use, it doesn't sacrifice on quality. I don't use all the features that are available, such as running analytics and the Jituzu calendar, which costs extra. But I am very satisfied with the way it keeps progress notes and does billing. The customer service is stellar. On the rare occasion that I have a question, I get a real person on the phone with almost no wait at all. Each representative has been helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly.

Pros

I think the 1) Ease of use and the 2) Friendliness / helpfulness of the Customer Service Rep's are my two favorite things about this software. I spend about 20 minutes a week doing my billing and its pleasant and easy process.

Cons

I did't love the design of the Jituzu calendar, but it's not a big deal because you don't have to choose that option if you don't want it. If there were a different way that it could automatically import to my calendar and send reminders to clients, that would be great. But it's not a deal breaker for me.

Sue

BEST SOFTWARE EVER

My notes are up-to-date and HIPAA compliant. I can access anything at any time from anywhere! Billing allows me to send out statements, follow up with insurance companies if needed and keep track of all activity simply. I call myself the biggest MCP fan because I tell ALL my friends and co-workers about how great it is and recommend they use it for their own practices. Several of my friends have shared that it has also saved their lives with regards to keeping up-to-date and not losing out on billing any longer.

Pros

I love the ease of using MCP - it's user friendly, everything is connected simply and it provides me with all the services I need. There's a great variety of templates, I can link the calendar with appointments simply through Jituzu. The reminders for scheduling are the best! Customer support is amazing - the agents are professional, knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

Nothing - Love it all! If anything I'd say I wish the notes saved automatically as I've lost a few after not remembering to save them before leaving the page!

I'm a happy user

I've used MCP for many years, and was first introduced to is when I moved from a practice with a (cumbersome) billing system into my own practice. I've also shared it with several others who have started their own practices. In addition, I've used it for demonstration purposes with masters level students enrolled in a business for therapists class. The customer service folks are knowledgeable, as well as friendly and professional. I also appreciate how quickly they respond.

Pros

I like the combination of ease of use and richness of the site. It is very user-friendly and intuitive - even someone who hasn't had a lot of experience can get started pretty quickly.

Cons

I don't like that two users (even with different log in names) can't be on at the same time; the newly signing on person boots the other user off.

Response from My Clients Plus

Thank you for your review and feedback. We would love to work with you on the multiple user issue that you mention. Each user can and should have their own username and can log into an account at the same time. If you are experiencing an issue with this, we would love to get that resolved with you.

Replied November 2018

PATRICIA

My Clients Plus A+++

Fantastic!

Pros

I have been using MCP for nine years. It was very easy to learn, efficient, simple to navigate and the support from the administrators is awesome. Located in the US, they will respond within hours of being contacted; pleasant, informative and easy to understand.

Cons

Inability to remove data shown on balances due. Occasionally, I will enter the pay now in error, or make an error between therapists. I am not always able to go back into the system and remove the transaction, after the fact. I have to disregard these items from the balances due report. I should be able to remove what I choose to remove. I would also like to be able to enter a new diagnosis code while billing. There are occasions when I am billing a new client and the therapist has chosen a diagnosis code that is not set up.. I have to go into dx set up, add the new code and then start the billing process all over again.

Great Product: Best Customer Service of Any Product I Use

Great experience. Very easy to use and maintain and their customer service is not only extremely helpful, they are very friendly. I am a psychologist and usually submit about 10 claims per day. It takes about a minute to submit these claims. Because of the ease with which I am able to submit claims, I even submit claims for the out-of-network patients that I have (which is the majority of my caseload) which makes life much easier for them and much more likely that they continue with treatment and recommend me to their friends (which obviously means that my business is able to be more profitable as a result).

Pros

Very user-friendly (after learning the software) and it takes so little time each day for me (1 minute) to submit all of my claims for the day.

Cons

Personally, I like the older "Classic" version of the software better than the newer version, but fortunately they offer you the choice to use either the "Classic" or new software when you login.

Colin

This has made muy life much easier.

Overall very good. Time I would have spent on billing and developing a secure means of keeping my notes is now dedicated to growing my business and care of my clients.

Pros

The platform is intuitive and easy to learn. My billing is much easier and quicker than by other means. My notes are entered onto a secure, encrypted server. The price is reasonable. Customer service is quick and helpful on occasions when I have had questions.

Cons

I'm still using the first version. The software doesn't work well with all operating systems. I have and old Mac, operating on 10.7 that does fine. My more current desk top, operating on 10.14 doesn't do many functions on this program. I'm a little worried for when my old laptop dies.

Reasons for choosing My Clients Plus

Secure charting feature and very quick and easy billing.

Reasons for switching to My Clients Plus

No charting feature and billing was much slower.

Laura

Great Resource for Clinicians

My Clients Plus allows me to streamline all of my billing, patient information, and client notes in a way that simplifies my practice so that I can dedicate more time to my clients.

Pros

Very user friendly- the site walks you though all of the steps you need to get started in addition to problem solving tips. The Customer Service Team is truly fantastic. I have called before with some ridiculously vague issue ("I'm on this page and I'm trying to click on the thingy but nothing's happening") and the team is quickly able to figure out why I'm having trouble and are able to help me able to resolve it. They are incredibly responsive, patient and knowledgeable about the product.

Cons

Occasionally, it takes a long time to load when I am trying to save a note or perform some of the function.

Nancy W

EVERYTHING IN ONE PLACE!

All in one. Everything I need in one place at a VERY reasonable price.

Pros

I am a private practitioner and with My Clients Plus - I can easily do my own billing, track and POST payments, write progress notes and with the addition of Jituzu I have an extremely easy calendar that links with the billing system. In addition - I can provide telehealth (Jituzu) without paying for another telehealth program. I also like the reports feature. Another thing I really like is that any time I have needed help - I get a very quick response from customer support. That's rare.

Cons

I wish I could toggle between the EOB/ERA screen and other screens - like the payment screen or the "Balances Due You" screen. Sometimes payments have to be posted manually.

Sherryl

Industry: Mental Health Care

My Clients Plus: Great Practice Management Software!

Pros

I have used My Clients Plus for over 4 years now. I am a solo practitioner and this program meets all of my needs to manage my practice. The electronic billing is easy and efficient. I get paid quickly with no errors most of the time. If there are errors, they're mine! The progress note feature is great too, with lots of choices as to the templates you use. And the Scheduler is easy to use as well. The price is less than comparable companies also. And as far as customer service goes, you reach someone quickly and they resolve any issues or answer questions you have.

Cons

There reports are limited in their scope. There are times I would like to find information in report form and it's not available.

My Clients Plus