About NextGen Office (Formerly Known as MediTouch)

NextGen Healthcare offers NextGen Office—a cloud-based EHR – specifically designed for private practices. NextGen Office is a fully integrated practice management solution that includes specialty-specific content, a claims clearinghouse, and an easy-to-use patient portal. It works on any tablet, laptop (Apple or Windows), is touch-screen enabled, compatible with all browsers, and is HIPAA compliant.

NextGen Office grew from a company was founded in 1998 by two doctors with one goal – to make medical offices run more efficiently. Company founders designed a solution to accommodate physician and staff workflow with easy-to-use, affordable technology that adapts to the provider’s workflow and is accessible from anywhere. Now more than 124...

Supported Operating System(s):

Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS, Linux, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Unix, IBM OS/400, Web browser (OS agnostic), Windows 2000, Windows 8, Windows 10

1,183 Reviews of NextGen Office (Formerly Known as MediTouch)

Average User Ratings

Overall

4.00 / 5 stars

Ratings Snapshot

Likelihood to Recommend

Not likely

Very likely

Showing 1 - 5 of 1183 results

JEFF from SAG-AFTRA

NextGen Healthcare-Still a leader in Patient/Physician communication

This was a Premiere Patient and Physician portal many years ago and worked so smoothly. I did live in another state, but happily when researching my info for older records, this Portal was still there and had all I needed. I did not pursue moving items to another portal that some of my doctors use today since they seems to be on an ever evolving and ever revolving system of chaos on some of the models being implemented currently. This wasn't broken, so I wish it had stayed for many other people. But a refreshing relief to still find it and get to use it. It may be working in other parts of the world and in those places I hope that the users feels as good as I do about it.

Pros

I needed to find some older records from another place and time. My portal still was available from 2014 and I had many and virtually all options available to me despite being in other Physician based web portals over the years. Beyond Helpful.

Cons

I only dislike that it is phased out in many common places and dominated by more complex systems. I experienced this issue recently at a physicians office.

Vipul from Kubal Family Medicine, LLC

family physician review

I'm overall happy. Every EHR system has its pros and cons, but I believe Nextgen Office has a very good combination of ease of use and overall cost.

Pros

It is very easy to complete my notes at the time of examination of the patients

Cons

whenever an upgrade or maintenance is completed over a weekend, many times we run into problems coming back to work on that Monday. For examples, slowness, screen freezes up, etc. The latest incident was this past weekend. It was eventually corrected on the Monday, but it slows us down.

Reasons for Choosing NextGen Office (Formerly Known as MediTouch)

more cost effective, and in my opinion easier to use

Jamie from HealthPoint

Use it daily

I ABSOLUTELY love this software, i have had to hand write charts before and now everything is assesible on one software.

Pros

I love this software it helps me at work with helping me take notes for the doctors. to be able to view patient medical and add if needed.

Cons

Only thing about this software is when it crashes. Otherwise i dont have much complaints about it. I would use it.

September 2014

Cheryl from Ankle & Foot Clinics Northwest, P.S.

September 2014

Great potential, but needs some improvement!

Pros

They are improving the product consistently. There have been two product updates since we started with them in March. Customer service has improved greatly as well. 99% of the time someone who picks up the phone and helps you with your problems. They have daily webinars that are free of a particular topic, so you can log in, ask questions, get help, and then log off. The product has a lot of great things such as ease of sending the charges from the docs to the billing department, seeing the exact statement that a patient received so you can talk to them more intelligently, getting lots of detail on the claims, rescheduling a patient from one day to the next, and blocking a portion of the schedule or opening a portion of the schedule.

Cons

You can submit issues via email, but once they respond back, they close the case. Even if they didn't give you the answer you were looking for, you then have to email again and reference the case requiring you to print everything to keep track, because there is no way to follow the status of your case. If you submit feature requests, there is no way to know if they are working on it, aren't considering it, holding it for a future update, etc. There are specific reports that you can get, but if you need something that's not pre-built, there is very little way to obtain the info, if at all. I requested some kind of report writer. The reports all come out as an Excel spreadsheet which is good, because it allows you to manipulate and move around the data, but when you print it's very unwieldy and not pretty. They need to have a way to convert the report to a PDF format once you have it the way you like. Many of the reports don't offer options such as picking providers, locations, payers, so you have to manipulate the report after it opens to delete what you do not need, which is time consuming. The software is extremely dependent on location, which means everything you do has to be done by location creating a lot of work. If you have many offices, your docs do surgery in several locations and they are outpatient or inpatient. Changing or adding something has to be done many times, because you do it by location. It would be easier if there was a drop-down listing your locations and you only had to check the locations to which your additions or changes were applicable. Parts of the software feel as if they are too structured and everything has to fit into their predetermined way to do things. There is not enough flexibility and leeway to change portions that suit your practice. Vendor training was not great when we started and we paid for an outside vendor that works with Healthfusion to come on site and train us. I understand that the help and training portions have changed a bit since then and may be better. It has great potential if they would open up the software and be more flexible!

Isaiah from Calcom Technolgies

One of the best EHR Vendors around

I have had a wonderful experience with this software and it's auxiliary products. Even when things don't go as expected their customer support has been on top of it.

Pros

I like the immediate transition of the company since the new [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has taken over. Their commitment to customer success with new edge technologies has been a great shift and kept me as a customer.

Cons

I dislike the fact that they don't have a bigger stack in the hospital industry of healthcare. I think this needs to change particularly with their api and interoperability stack.

Reasons for Choosing NextGen Office (Formerly Known as MediTouch)

The full product offerings was a perfect for our model of healthcare.