Phreesia Software Reviews

Phreesia Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Ease of use as well as access to ample support. Phreesia Support provides quick responses and is always available to troubleshoot any issues."
  • icon"It's helped cut down costs significantly. On the billing side, we have seen financial benefits by using email payment reminders and payment assurance."
  • icon"It's amazing how much more efficient this has made the front desk. Being able to eliminate paper has been also is tremendous."
  • icon"Additionally, if the interface stops working for some reason everything goes haywire. All documents then end up in our holding tank."
  • icon"The ten minutes I have to sit there and train your stupid AI that I'm not a robot."
  • icon"The only downside to this system is that older people were often intimidated by it, but our staff simply sat down with the patient and asked the questions and recorded the answers."

Browse all Phreesia Reviews

• Have you used Phreesia and would like to share your experience with others?

April

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

FQHC clinic

Robyn

Phreesia has been a wonderful asset to our practice. Our patients prefer this over paper.

We have saved time during patient Check-In and have been able to obtain accurate intake information in a very timely manner.

Pros

Cons

I wish the tablets would take on a newer, more modern look, similar to popular tablets. They can be heavy for our older patients.

Carisa

Phreesia Review

Aside from the software and how it has helped our practice, customer service from the very beginning until now is unmatched. I cannot say enough about the teams that I have worked with. They are patient, understanding and knowledgeable.

Pros

Our implementation of Phreesia could not have come at a better time. We started Phreesia at the beginning of 2020. When COVID guidelines came about in March 2020, we were able to keep our doors open because patients could have their registration completed before coming to the office. They did not have to wait in the waiting room as they were able to bypass the receptionist and go directly into an exam room when the time came for their appointment. Phreesia has also helped us increase our A/R because of the email reminders we can send patients regarding their balances as well as the ability to set up payment plans that are comfortable for both patients and our office.

Cons

There really isn't much to say as what we like least about Phreesia. We do have one common complaint among patients that the intake takes a long time but the information being requested is the same as on paper and necessary to their appointment.

Reasons for switching to Phreesia

We liked the fact that the information exported directly into our PM/EMR system and that we did not have to have a separate credit card processing company. With Phreesia it is all-in-one. The processing rates were very competitive and in the end is was just a best overall fit for our practice and needs.

October 2022

Why show patients advertisements based on our medical information or diagnosis?

Very poor user experience due to the advertisements being shown to patients. The little income you are making this way is costing you satisfied users. I have complained to office manager and physician repeatedly that I don't this my data to be used to show me advertisements. The office is paying plenty of money so stop this invasive practice. Having read your terms and conditions I understand that by choosing to checkin using preeshesia I am giving permission for this selection and showing of advertisements based on my medications and diagnosis. I do not give my permission for you to do so but it seems there is no way to opt out off this except refusing to checkin using this software.

Pros

Reasonably good patient management software.

Cons

Why show patients advertisements based on our medical information or diagnosis? If you are going to do this give us a way to opt out of this use of our data. Also, why require patients to enter all prescriptions every time when the practice and your database has this information. Ask for changes.

Justine

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

July 2022

Our staff loves using Phreesia, and it's a super useful tool to enhance patient engagement...

From the beginning, the sales process was great. My sales rep truly knew the product and kept up with me when I had questions - I'm a tough sell for sure :) He understood the complexities of Family Practice and even offered solutions along the way. He worked well with my boss/decision maker and built a trust relationship with both of us. That's important! The implementation went very well, and the team worked very hard to ensure success - the team leader was amazing! The process prior to go-live included full discovery of our forms and workflows to find a general understand of how our practice really works. Then came the building of the electronic forms (with re-writes and testing), weekly meetings where the team leader kept me to task, and a virtual go-live that was seamless. My own team loved that we could ask questions on the first day, but there were not a lot to ask actually. The Phreesia implementation team has have been with us every step of the way, with little issues to be honest. And if there were, they were fixed, with explanations as to how to avoid issues in the future. The problem/case management is easy to utilize and the support team is highly responsive. My staff remain excited and engaged, and continue to love this product! When we learn something new, we love it even more. I believe Phreesia has a product that they truly care about, and they strive for success - which is what we definitely experienced here, start to finish.

Pros

Phreesia has a seamless integration with our EHR - we use Athena. The check in process has been cut down to seconds (as opposed to up to 10 minutes at a time), which allows the staff to focus on other ancillary jobs, and less face time with patients. This is a good feature during a pandemic! Also, the reduction of paper utilizing the electronic forms that automatically flow into the charts has already given us a decrease in paper costs, and all the time spent getting forms to patients, and then having to scan all of that paper as well. Our clinical staff and providers appreciate the data imports of electronic forms and medical history updates, which means less data entry, and therefore less errors in the medical record. The clinical staff spend less time during intake, which allows for the provider to have more time in their face to face with the patients. Finally, the ability to quickly satisfy Quality Measures and Population Health requirements (we are Family Practice) is already showing a big improvement in our scores, which is part of our ACO engagement. Meaning, using the logic that Phreesia provides, required questionnaires due once a year are sent to the patient and then satisfied easily in their encounter. Phreesia also captures revenue swiftly and efficiently, and in one month we have seen a 6% increase in our Time of Service collections. I expect this to increase over time as staff (and patients) understand usage of the program.

Cons

I see no cons at this time to using Phreesia. In the past there may have been a cost issue, but they have worked out better packages for practices who are interested.

Savannah

Excellent Platform with room to grow

Our practice constantly has ideas that could improve the administrator and patient experience. I have always been a Phreesia advocate however I wish our client success associates gave us a "progress card" that we could give to our physicians. I also think Phreesia's structural organization is constantly changing as I have had over 10 different account reps to which I feel as I have to retrain/reexplain our practice every time. Again, our overall experience with Phreesia is excellent - we highly rely and function off of Phreesia.

Pros

The best part of Phreesia is everything it can do. If Phreesia is utilized to it's full ability the program pays for itself. Patient intake allows the physician to have updated and current information at every visit. We can collect and project pre collection for upcoming procedures, appointments, ect. It allows us to be knowledgeable in eligibility to know exactly what the patient's responsibility is. We are able to use data analysis to encompass how we are doing in almost every aspect; patient satisfaction survey, pre-visit utilization, collections and more.

Cons

As smart and functional as Phreesia is, I wish there was more ability to customize to our practice. We are a large facility with 4 different locations and each location may have differences that I wish Phreesia would have the ability to customize differences between these practices. For example. If we need to close a location for a day, rather than send out an email to ALL patients it would be extremely helpful to send a notification only to the patients of which are scheduled at that location.

Jessica

Great for Small processes

We enjoyed Phreesia while we could and wished we could have continued.

Pros

This software was good in the beginning. It handled check it but the machines were bulky. I wished at the time that it could integrate into our EMR but it couldn’t so we had to copy and paste info which led to more mistakes. I liked that patients could physically sign off on information and it helped reduce paper.

Cons

I didn’t like that they eventually took away our ability to work with the software. As they upgraded their platform, they still were unable to integrate with our EMR. Eventually, the pricing options made us have to look elsewhere.

Reasons for switching to Phreesia

Reduce paper use

Tiffany

Phreesia Review

I am unsure if I am wanting to try a different product out at this point. Phreesia has some great features but, the customer service aspect and limited functionality has made it tough to want to renew the contract.

Pros

The best features are that the patients are able to check in, pay a bill and get Covid screens from their mobile devices sitting in their car. All forms flow into the chart as well.

Cons

We need the ability to easily text patients that are not on the schedule for that day. Broadcasting is great but only used when all patients need to know information. Often, there are patients who we need to text but can not if they aren't on the schedule. Also, I have not been happy with customer service. We have had a ticket open for a week now where one of my receptionists can not log into Phreesia. Someone at Phreesia keeps closing the ticket. It is imperative that she gets the help needed as she is the only receptionist at that office.

Reasons for choosing Phreesia

During the pitch, Phreesia seemed like the functionality was the best. As we started using it, there were limitations to what we were told it would do.

Response from Phreesia

We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with Phreesia and look forward to improving your experience in the future. We pride ourselves on our product, reputation, and the high-quality standards that we maintain, so we would welcome a conversation to understand any specific feedback more thoroughly.

Replied September 2021

Megan

Patient Services Manager

Overall I feel this has truly benefited our practice with the check in process taking less time, and more importantly balance/copay collection.

Pros

I love the preregistration feature that allows patients to get checked in ahead of time for their appointments. This saves them time and the front desk when they arrive so their focus can be more on those that are new to the practice or walked in for our immediate care. I also like that with this same feature, patients can take care of payment ahead of time to avoid the awkward conversations that used to be had with the front desk asking for this.

Cons

I don't care for how much information is needed to be manually entered, especially with designated fields for this information (i.e. Emergency Contact, Release of Confidential Communication).

Reasons for choosing Phreesia

Having used reesia for over a decade this is a wonderful product and is so helpful and so many ways

This product is such a cost saver and Time Saver for the entire practice

Pros

The amount of money that it saves on forms is wonderful. By having them in Frasier and having them uploaded into the EHR is such a Time Saver

Cons

Often patience will be resistant to using it however once someone shows them how or they have done it before they see how it's simple and easy to use it is

Kady

It's okay, but not for older people

Pros

I love that it helps make things paperless and it is easy to understand. Like that you can change the languages to help fit the needs of the patient.

Cons

If the population using this was older, they often struggled. It was hard for them to navigate.

Rose

Phreesia Review

In the beginning, we saw a huge increase in our collection of balances. Since, we seem to realize a consistent balance with this. Because of the improvements we saw in workflow efficiency, we were able to repurpose staff to other duties and not rehire to replace a few front desk staff who left. We also decreased our billing staff by 1 FTE because we were able to redistribute duties to other staff. We also experienced significant savings in paper products and printing.

Pros

Phreesia is the central component of our daily patient flow. It integrates extremely well with our EHR system. We are able to capture patient demographics and clinical information electronically and have it populate directly into a chart. It has eliminated paper, significantly reduced time spent checking patients in and allowed staff to focus on other things. Patient chat has allowed us to communicate with patients waiting in cars. We are going to continue doing this post-COVID because it works so well and parents love it.

Cons

We have tried using Appointment Accelerator but found it didn't work for most of our appointments. We have a very diverse set of appointment types. Phreesia has been great though trying to find a way to tweak it wo make it try to work for us.

Debra

A resource for answers across your organization!

Flexibility and creativity! Phreesia becomes a part of your organization for solutions to the demands of the medical industry. Because of their enthusiasm to improve, their team works with you to achieve your goals.

Pros

Flexibility and ingenuity! Phreesia is not only a platform for patient intake and insurance verification, it can be a resource for answers to many of the healthcare demands. Phreesia has been instrumental in capturing data and reports needed to satisfy requirements such as PCMH, Care Coordination, health screenings, compliance and business agreements, UDS, and more. It is the fastest and most effective means of communication to our patients regarding new programs and/or changes to office protocols or announcements.

Cons

As with any software, there are some limitations, however, with Phreesia many of the limitations are from our EHR software and not Phreesia. The bright side of any limitations is that Phreesia has been wonderful in working with their clients and listening to their suggestions and needs and has worked to find solutions that work!

Shellia

Increased collections and patient demographics

Our practice loves Phreesia, great customer service, log a ticket and the response if fast. Changes to interviews they work with us until it is perfect.

Pros

Insurance verification is wonderful, it has cut down the time our billing department spent on the phone verify patient insurance polices. It has helped our practice increase our collections at the time of service. The reporting is wonderful, patient surveys, user data reports. Has great training features/videos and instructions.

Cons

Integration with Allscripts Professional EHR with the patients medical history, still needs some work for the way we have to document in the patient chart for our quality programs to be able to run reports through our system.

Reasons for choosing Phreesia

Integration with Allscripts PM & Allscripts Professional EHR. All the great features they have to offer and the upcoming changes and new features. Staying up to date with the current technology is the key to a successfully practice.

Dan

Phreesia check-in and insurance verification

I am very happy with Phreesia. They have an excellent product. But, it is during the COVID pandemic that they have really shined. In early 2020, we went from 0 telehealth appts on one Friday to 88 appointments on the following Friday. Phreesia enabled the check in, and connected the patients to our telehealth platform easily. Then, Phreesia built a check-in workflow to allow us to provide COVID vaccinations from our office. They are an excellent company to work with. High quality product, proactive, one of my most highly recommended vendors.

Pros

Excellent check-in experience for patients. Same workflow when the patient is in the office, checking in early from home, or checking in for a telehealth visit. Well integrated with our EHR. Best insurance verification platform that I have seen.

Cons

I can't think of any drawbacks to using Phreesia.

Reasons for choosing Phreesia

Phreesia supported remote check-in, which proved to be invaluable as it allowed Telehealth check-in. Also supported insurance verification, payment plans.

Claudia A

Excellent stand alone product

Excellent experience. Customer service is quick to respond and communicate. The benefits of having E&B at our fingertips have far outweighed any issues. The dashboard is user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Pros

Phreesia has helped improve our overall collections with the ability to verify E&B for most insurances. The ability to know insurance details in real-time is a benefit that more than pays itself. Additionally, interviews sent as e-documents is a feature that has set us apart from other facilities.

Cons

Integration has been an ongoing issue. The interface is clunky and causes a lot of problems with duplicate encounters, multiple documents in EHR, and lag time from when an appointment is entered into our EHR to when it populates in Phreesia varies from instantaneous to many minutes. Additionally, if the interface stops working for some reason everything goes haywire. All documents then end up in our holding tank.

Reasons for choosing Phreesia

Much better overall. Easy to use and implement.

Julie

Our office has had a fantastic experience with the Phressia system! Great customer service.

Help with insurance benefits and eligibility. Makes the check-in process much easier.

Pros

The implementation of the software with our system seemed easy with the help of the Phreesia personnel. I love that our front desk staff can verify benefits at the time of service! We collect at the time of service and if there is a balance from a previous visit - Phreesia notifies the patient at the time of check-in. This has really helped with collections from past visits. As an Administrator, I am able to run reports on the use of the system, patient satisfaction surveys, as well as many other reports. We are able to refund money back to the patient on the card that was used - without having to hold this card information in our office. Love the Phreesia system!

Cons

There are a few insurance companies that will not verify through the Phreesia system, although this is not really a big problem for us at this time. We really have not had any negative issues with Phreeisa or the many staff members that have helped us over the past year.

Alex