Praxis EMR Software Reviews

Praxis EMR Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"It gave me more time to spend with my patients and not as data entry clerk. Eliminated transcription costs, improved accuracy in billing and level of service."
  • icon"Its ability to remember previous findings, descriptions & diagnoses, and to reproduce them intuitively in future encounters; ability to blend text for several diagnoses in the same note."
  • icon"I built up my assessments and at this point, I finish my notes very rapidly and the notes are of very high quality. The system is easy to add orders and can be customized easily."
  • icon"I hate charting in general. I think this government guidelines are stupid and can't believe as doctors we have aloud this."
  • icon"I didn't rate the pricing because I have no idea what that is at now."

All Praxis EMR Reviews

Julius

Best EMR for the money

I have used numerous EMR system in the past. In the clinic alone, this the third one we used. Praxis cuts back on my documentation time to less than an hour a day which is pretty good considering that I see > 20 patient a day. Technical support is outstanding. Very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros

Functionalities that you can tailor to your needs. Live Technical support in case you need one.

Cons

The first week of use requires building your knowledge base and can be challenging. However, as created two or three documents, it gets easier every time.

Reasons for choosing Praxis EMR

I was intrigued by the knowledge based idea. A template that builds on itself.

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

I found myself spending at least a third of my clinic hours completing my notes. Everyday was a catch up day for the incomplete paper works days before. I found it non very functional for my clinic needs. Real time technical support was not available and not reliable. My support staff were not happy as well.

Todd

OUTSTANDING EMR for ANY Medical Practice ...BUT...GAME-CHANGING for Physical Medicine and Research

Please look at the reviews of ALL OTHER EMRs and answer THESE QUESTIONS...... why does this EMR have such a high percentage of 5/5 Ratings and 10/10 would recommend to others???? what makes this EMR so different that it gets such high UNSOLICITED / ORGANIC ratings??? why is that THIS EMR has so many in depth and lengthy GLOWING reviews written by other physicians??? why have I not arranged a demo with PRAXIS??? LOL PRAXIS IS BY FAR THE BEST DYNAMIC CONCEPT PROCESSING EMR I HAVE EVER SEEN. It's design protects me from lawsuits because it's not template driven, it's design learns how I practice medicine and not only progressively improves my notes on the fly but improves the quality of medicine that I provide to my patients, it's design saves me HOURS and HOURS of charting time....DAILY!!! Even after watching the Demo and spending countless hours asking questions, I was terrified to pull the trigger on this EMR because EMRs were just one of those things that would NEVER come thru on ANY of the material benefits we had all been promised. ....so glad I pushed thru that fear, BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE!!!

Pros

MOST???? REALLY???? I will say this. I have always been one to call tech support for which ever EMR I was currently using to inquire if this or that were possible and as often as I have been told by all the others, "that would be a great idea but, currently it is not possible and I don't think it's on the docket to be implemented" is as frequently as I have called product support at Praxis ( a real person answers the phone EVERY TIME ) only to be told......"Let me show you how we do that in Praxis." I have YET to call to inquire about the best approach to doing something to hear tech support tell me, "ooh sorry, you can't do that on this EMR". The CEO of PRAXIS is a PHYSICIAN. PRAXIS is his LEGACY to his profession. He has designed and built this EMR FOR PHYSICIANS and PATIENTS with the intent of assisting physicians in providing the highest quality of care possible, always keeping in mind the facilitation of the documentation process to provide the highest level of protection for the provider and protecting each physician's most valuable asset.....TIME!!!! I have always been a doc that has wanted to improve the process, thus all the calls to tech support. Every time I call and speak to the CEO about an issue I have discovered with Praxis, he routinely says...... "Dr. W.....LET ME SHOW YOU HOW TO DO THAT IN PRAXIS" I have yet to find a glaring deficiency. FINALLY AN EMR THOUGHTFULLY DESIGNED BY A PHYSICIAN!!!

Cons

HONESTLY...... ONLY REGRET...... is that this was not my first EMR 25 years ago.

Reasons for choosing Praxis EMR

For all the same reasons I made the switch.

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

Facilitating the production of a superior quality note. Decreasing after hour charting time requirements. Dynamic Concept Processing EMR that adapts and improves with each encounter. Inherent design structure that protects me medico-legally. Ability to embed discreet variables in all aspects of the documentation process. The ability to SHARE ASSESSMENTS with other physicians enabling researchers the ability to build a "Research Assessment" containing specific research questions, layering those question onto each physicians unique note and then allow the research team to anonymously cull the responses to their questions in real time. Mind Boggling flexibility in each physicians unique approach to charting so as to allow countless numbers of ways to complete a unique progress note according to each physicians customized design. AGENTS........ Holy smokes..... just not enough time in the day to go thru everything..... SUFFICE IT TO SAY.... this EMR deserves your most focused scrutiny.... NOT FOR MY SAKE, FOR YOURS!!!

Tina

Praxis EMR first 4 months

Frustrating training. Very slow. Not consistent. Very robust in what it can do. But I think it will take me a while until I get to the point that I can really appreciate it. The concept pf the processer is great.

Pros

It is different in that every thing is set up in one page for a SOAP note instead of having different windows for the note, the diagnosis , meds, etc. This is easier than flipping around the chart. Also, when you put something in the note, such as the prescription, or a referral, it sends it when you close the note. So you aren't having to do something twice.

Cons

It is different as it is set up so the processor needs to "learn" what you do to help you write notes. You have a full note available and then activate or deactivate what pertains. Unfortunately the Plan section is a little disjointed and doesn't have this ability. In fact that is one of the most annoying things that there is not one consistent way to do things. Some processes take one click , some take two, some you check "ok" and some you click "enter". There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. And my training had no idea why it is like that or how to help me know which way other than wrote memory. So the training is very uphill and the setting up of "assessments", their idea of templates, is very cumbersome. So I think that once I get there, it will be very useful . The other big downfall is that it is runs very slow. They recently migrated to Postgress to fix this, but I don't see a difference except there seem to be fewer crashes.

Reasons for choosing Praxis EMR

I liked the concept of the processer and that you can do all functions from one screen and don't have to go to different places for each function.

Moved.

Javier

August 2022

Excellent adapatability

I chose PRAXIS when my old EMR went out of the business several years ago. There were several other options we studied at the time, and PRAXIS stood out very early on. I was impressed by the high ratings from fellow physicians, and the fact this was created and ran by physicians and the entire structure of the system shows it. There was a learning curve in the beginning. It was smoothed out tremendously by the quick customer support whenever I had a question or needed technical support. Over the past few year, this EMR has been adapting to my practice and getting more efficient by the day. I am very happy with the decision we made.

Pros

Adaptability, it's amazing how flexible and adaptable this EMR is when situation arises. When COVID arrived, I was able to create my own template in a matter of days.

Cons

None came to mind. If anything, wish I had found this earlier.

Stephen

Comparison of EMR's

To have been so fortunate to have been able to first use then compare Praxis to the EMR's used by the clinics that I've worked out of but let me use Praxis has really opened my eyes to what make a great EMR

Pros

Praxis (an EMR/ EHR, developed by a practicing doctor) thinks like a doctor, the best example that I give, is, I took over a retiring physicians practice, upon seeing one of his patients, I turned to the paper note which simply read; "Diabetes, well controlled" Interesting enough, upon turning to the lab section of the paper chart, I saw a signed and dated lab sheet that read; -A1c 6.8 -renal function (all within normal vaules) -Ldl was 68 Next, turning to the Specialist tab, I found, once again, a signed and dated ophthalmologist note that denoted a normal retinal exam, while the podiatric exam also was normal. For Dr Tate, "Diabetes, well controlled", meant the A1c was < 7, the renal function was normal, an up to date and normal diabetic eye and feet exam had recently been done. It also represented the normal review of system, examination, Assessment and Plan. Unlike template EM/EHR's, Praxis, documents the way a doctor thinks, imagine an EMR that upon picking the Assessment; "Diabetes, well controlled", then prints out all the above, including all the CPT's and ICD codes (all at the speed of thought) (not taking 6 clicks to simply send a referral), sending the billing, referrals and lab orders I'm currently in a very unique position, the company I work for, uses "Epic" (there is now way it was developed by a doctor, it takes several clicks and each click is taking your doctor away from facing the patient) to write one prescription, a good EMR does not, Praxis does not

Cons

It's hard for me to really give a negative statement about Praxis (remember, in the last three years, I've had to use three different EMR's that are used in the hospitals, SNF or adjoining clinics, Praxis is so head and shoulders above (it's almost laughable seeing there inefficiencies)

cost, slowness and inefficacies

Heidi

Best in the industry!

No more lost charts, messaging and prescriptions are a breeze. The price is affordable even for a solo practitioner like myself. Made the investment of having them come out to help me set up my system which was a game changer. I was up and running full speed within just a few days. Praxis support has always been quick to any issue that arises. I migrated to the cloud version which allows me to easily access charts from my phone, tablet or computer from anywhere I have a connection. It

Pros

I have used several EMRs in my medical career and nothing comes close to allowing me to practice medicine in an efficient way like Praxis does. I am in command of my charts much like a paper chart but with the practicality of EMR. My templates can be updated and changed with ease even from a current patient visit. No more calling tech support to change something that is not quite right about an encounter template, I can adjust it easily in real time. When we do have tech issues, they are quickly on the case to resolve any issues. I use the cloud version so I can access from any location. It is so fast to use that I am done with charting when the patient leaves the room. It is obvious that it was created by a practitioner, who knows what functions we need to practice more efficiently. They continue to make improvements to Praxis and use customer feedback to enhance version updates. Cannot say enough about Praxis!

Cons

none - It's so robust I am still learning all the functionality

Reasons for choosing Praxis EMR

By far the best value for the money.

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

Went from group practice to solo practice. Allscripts was cumbersome to use and too expensive for a private pratitioner. I also have to use ICentra at our hospital and find myself dreading the days we have to book surgeries or labs. It has created so much more work for the doctors that I know several colleagues considering early retirement as the "paperwork" in the EMR is just too cumbersome and time consuming. Many of the EMRs have taken the enjoyment out of the practice of medicine.

Best EMR for customization

With Praxis we are able to maintain independence and get the data we need to take care of our patients excellently while still providing big data answers to Medicare programs and insurers

Pros

Having been involved in implementation of 3 separate EMRs, Praxis satisfies all my requirements the best. It allows me to write intelligible notes that specialists and my co-workers can use, while tracking data in the way that suits the practice at the time (which changes frequently based on medical, government, ACO and insurance evolution). Praxis is my tool for tracking information the way I and others need to, while practicing and charting in a way which makes sense to me.

Cons

I wish the local hospitals were also on Praxis!

Reasons for choosing Praxis EMR

We wanted control of our records and billing, and wanted to avoid templates we had to chart around instead of building the data in a way useful to us, our patients and our specialist colleagues. We also wanted the customization of how we bill and interact digitally with labs and other outside agencies such as state immunization programs.

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

We became the owners of our practice and had the flexibility to make EMR decisions. We needed an EMR that produced useful information in taking care of patients

Alkesh

December 2021

The Ultimate EMR

Praxis: Easy to implement. Easy to learn. Easy to use. Easy to comply with MIPS and MACRA requirements. Saves time and allows us to practice quality medicine.

Pros

I have been in practice for the last 27 years and Praxis is my 4th EMR and so far the best one. Praxis is very affordable which is very important for smaller practices. Starting from an implementation to training, Praxis team was exceptional. Having a designated contact person was very helpful during the first few months to help resolve any unexpected issues in a timely manner. Learning curve with Praxis is much gentler and easier compared to other EMRs. Praxis allows you to document the way your mind thinks and practice the way you once dreamed about. Praxis will allow you to provide quality care and meet all necessary guidelines which will result in better reimbursement over time.

Cons

Lack of its own faxing solution and hope that Praxis will have its own integrated faxing solution in future

NextGen Enterprise

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

NextGen was very expensive and not easy to use or customize like Praxis.

Amor

Non-Template Based EMR that is customizable just for my needs

I was in a group practice for 5 years until I resigned last September. During the 5 years in my former group, I was burdened by using E-clinical works - a template based EMR that I absolutely loathed. As an epileptologist, many of my cases have complicated neurological histories that do not necessary fit with a template based EMR documatation. In addition, many of my orders are the same for each patient yet, with E clinical works, I would have to click on the same orders over and over again - wasting time that would accrue over the busy day. Some of the layout of my notes was confusing with a lot of extraneous information added to notes automatically - that had no bearing on the patient care. When I started my new practice, I absolutely did not want to have a template-based system. Lo and behold, I came across Praxis. When I did the demo, it was great that Dr. Loh himself (the CEO and a fellow physician) showed me many of the unique features of Praxis. For the most part, I am so impressed by the concept processor in that many of my cases are somewhat similar to each other in terms of the orders. If I see a case, I automatically just click on the assessment that I have set up for other similar cases and boom - my note automatically populates with the wording and phrasology that I would normally use. I just have to modify some of the details and I save a lot of time this way than having to write the same history over and over again - as I did with Eclinical works.

Pros

- Ease of Use - Customizable - Saves Time I am very happy with the template-free service. The cost is less than other EMRs (though this is not all in one EHR - I use Open Practice Solutions/Open PM as a practice management system that easily integrates with Praxis - still saving compared to Athena or other comprehensive EHR systems). Customer service is second to none especially with the initial "go live" team.

Cons

nothing so far. I am very happy with Praxis at this time.

Reasons for choosing Praxis EMR

non template based system designed by physicians that works for physicians - not billers/administrators who are non-healthcare professionals

Frederick

Updated Praxis Review

Being a direct primary care practice, Praxis allowed great flexibility with documentation with the practice.

Pros

Software adapts each time you use it, learning from each note. Very attentive customer support. User friendly and intuitive. Personalized notes without templates. Great for DPC practices who don't need practice management software.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives, it works well across all types of practices.

Prime Suite

Reasons for choosing Praxis EMR

Praxis was more intuitive and learned with each use.

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

Athena was too expensive to operate. Fees were high.

Ajeeb

Praxis Great EMR for the Private Practioner and primary care medicine

Reduced time for documentation and patient charting!

Pros

Easy to use documentation of patient visit notes and billing codes and procedures done as well.

Cons

I have it interphasing with our billing software and the electronic prescription of controlled software

Reasons for choosing Praxis EMR

I own the product and host it on my own server which I prefer and also cost was more attractive and the reviews were good for Family Practice for the product!

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

I started on my own from a hospital practice.

Todd

More than 6 months of intensely scrutinizing multiple EMRs ===> PRAXIS IS HEADS ABOVE ALL OTHERS

As an FP that has a 100% Osteopathic Manipulation Practice, I consider myself to be a specialist and as such, most of the information I collect is very specific. I have been able to tailor PRAXIS to enable me to collect very specific information from each specific patient for each specific complaint to enable me to fully document the specifics of each condition being treated and be able to track the changes as treatment progresses. And the BEST PART..... PRAXIS makes this incredibly easy to do even in real time, while the patient is in front of me still affording me sufficient time to treat the patient and schedule a followup in a 30 min visit. Utilizing the Concept Processor in PRAXIS, I can focus on my HPI and changes that have occurred since the last visit and once I choose my ASSESSMENT, which most of us have already started developing a differential of before even entering the exam room, PRAXIS already has 90% of the rest of the note completed. I have worked with a slew of other EMRs and have NEVER been able to accomplish this on any other platform which have all relegated me to taking a grossly abbreviated HPI that would need to be substantially bolstered upon which I would subsequently have to complete the rest of the note. One of the more AMAZING parts of using PRAXIS is that this EMR GROWS WITH YOU. It changes on the fly to adapt to the progressive changes you make in the ways you practice medicine. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE BETTER THAN THAT???

Pros

PRAXIS has met all CMS Certifications from it's inception and continues to meet all evolving CMS Certifications including HITECH Certification and ONC-ATCB Meaningful Use Certification. PRAXIS is THE MOST UNIQUE and ADAPTIVE EMR I have ever seen... (Concept Processing - AMAZING) - PRAXIS gets better at autopopulating your note every time you use it - PRAXIS will actively remind you and queue you to .... ask specific questions for each condition being assessed/ perform assessment specific procedures / script assessment specific medications / schedule Automation of Health Screening Recommendations.....AND SO MUCH MORE PRAXIS allows you to embed easily selectable discreet variables into all all aspects of charting including HPI Collection, Physical Exam, Procedure Documentation, and Post-Visit Instructions and others...... Your note is 90% complete once you determine your assessment or even your treatment. PRAXIS facilitates clinical research secondary to the ability to embed discreet variables and query the results of each embedded variable...... As an Osteopathic Physician practicing 100% Osteopathic Manipulation, this simple fact caused some palpitations. One of the toughest things facing my profession is substantiating the benefits of Osteopathy. I have absolutely no doubts that I am providing substantial benefit to my patients and I am confident that they will echoe me on this. Thanks to PRAXIS, my profession finally ......cont below in Cons......

Cons

SIMPLY THAT I DIDN'T FIND IT FIRST..... OH HOW I WISH THIS HAD BEEN MY FIRST EMR The old saying that anything that is worthwhile is worth the effort is certainly true. I am incredibly thankful for the downtime afforded me by COVID because I was busier catching up on my billing and notes from my previous EMR and searching for a new EMR than I was when I was working two full time jobs and it is likely that I would not have been able to carve that time out under any other conditions. I had settled on two other EMRs before buying PRAXIS, ONLY BECAUSE I HAD NOT SEEN PRAXIS YET and neither of those other EMRs were CEHRT / HITECH / ONC-ATCB Certified. Being BRUTALLY HONEST.... the front end learning curve on this EMR is definitely steeper than most BUT you will reap the rewards in SPADES for the rest of your professional career. The Training Staff is OUTSTANDING and AVAILABLE, that's right, I said...... A V A I L A B L E and O U T S T A N D I N G AND YES..... I understand that this is where I'm supposed to be discussing the CONS....... cont from PROS:.... has a platform to be able to conduct broad evidence based research studies to be able to substantiate the benefits of Osteopathic Manipulation that every Traditional Osteopath and their patients have already experienced. I HAVE ONLY COVERED A FRACTION OF THE BENEFITS OF PRAXIS.... Please arrange for a DEMO so you can see the possibilities for yourself. NOT ALL EMRs ARE CREATED EQUAL and PRAXIS is PROOF

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

Every 10 hour day in the office resulted in a minimum of 5 hours of charting after the fact.

Anil

A great emr that will keep improving your pratice, keep improving your speed, and save you time

The overall Praxis experience has been fantastic. I wanted an EMR that would grow and flow with the way I think and mature with my clinical acumen and practice, and I found it with Praxis! Praxis is my best friend and has kept me enjoying my practice. I am saving anywhere from $24,000 to $36,000 a year by using Praxis EMR, and the system gives me immense pleasure every day just charting. Other EMRs I've seen keep changing the layout, without improving the system. Praxis just gets better over time.

Pros

Praxis is an EMR that leanrs the way you think and keeps getting better the more you use it. Praxis will keep saving you an immense amount of time. It makes MIPS easy to do because the reporting can be incorporated in your assessment. You don't need a separate person doing it for you. Praxis will remind you when you need to do certain tests such as a lung nodule, it will remind you about repeating a CT scan or chest X-Ray in a year. What other EMR software does that? As you learn new treatment modalities once you teach Praxis, it will bring it up in any similar clinical setting. It's amazing. Praixs is like training your own PA, but better than humans, Praxis will never make a mistake.

Cons

There is always help online within minutes for any issue, it is only click away. The Praxis engineers are excellent and are there for you in a blink of an eye To get started, you need to be trained by Praxis, and they have excellent trainers. They are always there to help you and improve the process as Praxis comes as empty canvas at first. Much like art, as you begin drawing on it, you keep improving the painting. If you don't want to spend the time teaching Praxis you can import medical knowledge from a similar provider or practice. Most of all the money you save is immense.

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

Praxis is a wonderful system to use, and I love the way it learns from me.

George

20+ year Praxis user

As an early adopter of new technology back in late 90s, I began to integrate voice recognition which was Kurzweil, now dragon, and praxis EMR. For the first several years I had a love-hate relationship with this technology. As I look back I did not spend enough time making the program work for me in my practice. But I did know that it helped with my transcription costs and I was able to realize how to document in order for me not to get denied the services I rendered to my patients. The pressure to use the EMRs was turned up about 10 years ago by insurance companies trying to deny payment for lack of documentation, Worker's Compensation insurance companies could not get enough of paper documentation, and the Medicare push was beginning. The praxis team has worked diligently to improve this electronic medical record software to become helpful with dealing with the government rules and regulations, new twists on insurance requirements, and providing education. At the orthopedic trade shows I have seen products that seem very slick, but after quizzing them on costs, integration with your billing software, customizability, and other intricacies that praxis has already seen and dealt with, there was no need to go to a major expense to try another product.

Pros

After understanding the concept processing. the ability to customize and make the program work for me and my practice. It is not a cut and paste or a T-sheet (popular back in the day). It gave me more time to spend with my patients and not as data entry clerk. eliminated transcription costs, improved accuracy in billing and level of service. Integrated with my office management software.

Cons

As with anything new back 20 years ago, it was all strange and new. Now with upgrades and enhancements I cannot think of any. I wish I went to the cloud version when they asked me to several years ago.

Stephen