About PrognoCIS

PrognoCIS EHR and PrognoCIS Telemedicine have earned a reputation for fast, flexible individual provider workflow. The software package offers a full suite of highly desirable features and functions. PrognoCIS provides a cloud-based solution will all US Government / CMS standards and compliance. PrognoCIS delivers a platform of stable and mature modules and features. EHR, Practice Management, Telemedicine, eRx to include approved electronic Controlled Substance. Revenue Cycle Management complements PrognoCIS for Medical Clinics looking for additional billing expertise.PrognoCIS EHR delivers a customizable and tailor-made EHR workflow with rich and specialty-specific content for clinics and hospitals.Telemedicine by PrognoCIS is leading the charge for virtual medical ...

Supported Operating System(s):

Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS, Linux, Web browser (OS agnostic), Windows 2000, Windows 8

283 Reviews of PrognoCIS

Average User Ratings

Overall

4.09 / 5 stars

Ratings Snapshot

Likelihood to Recommend

Not likely

Very likely

Showing 1 - 5 of 283 results

October 2013

Roberto from Roberto E. Puente DPM PLLC

October 2013

My name is Dr. Roberto E. Puente, DPM, I own and operate a small solo, but very busy, long-term care podiatry practice that has been using PrognoCIS since July 2011. All patient encounters take place at nursing homes and assisted living facilities, so when we decided to go paperless and started to shop around for an EMR system, it became very clear to us that a cloud or web-based system was the way to go. After reviewing many systems, and taking many demos, we decided to go with PrognoCIS because it seemed like a very user-friendly system, with adequate and knowledgeable support staff, and very affordable when compared with other systems in the market at that time. After over two years of using the system, let me tell you that it has been the single best decision that my practice has made! It has proven to be everything that we expected from an EMR and more!! Other colleagues opted for specialty-specific, much more expensive systems, only to find themselves abandoned after the company closed or sold, and were left without reliable tech support. The training/implementation period went very well. We were very fortunate to get such a knowledgeable implementer that was very patient with my skeptical nature, and made sure we where all ready to use the system in all its capabilities before we went live. The system is very easy to customize to any practice scenario, we are able to fully document even complex patient encounters in a matter of minutes. The progress notes produced are clear, professional, and we constantly get compliments on our accurate and timely documentation from other medical professionals and nursing staff. The electronic prescription module is extremely easy to use. The EMR/Billing interface has proven to be seamless and extremely accurate. We were able to do without our billing service and process all claims in-house after a few months. Communication with the clearinghouse has been flawless in all aspects. We actually just achieved the Gold Standard of Revenue Cycle for Medical Practices award from our clearinghouse (Gateway EDI), which means that 99% of claims submitted are error free! The system has very nice tools that allow you to achieve meaningful use with ease and confidence. PrognoCIS has allowed my practice to grow, while allowing me more time to actually do what I like; treat patients instead of getting slowed down with repetitive documenting, billing and administrative chores. I wish I could tell you more about my experiences with their tech support, but to tell you the truth, I haven't had to call them in over a year. I am very glad to see that Bizmatics has continuously grown over the last couple of years and are now consider a top EMR vendor/manufacturer. I don't want to make it seem like it was all peaches and cream, implementing and training for a new EMR is a stressful task for any practice, regardless of size and specialty. That is why is so important to make sure you have a strong, knowledgeable support team behind you. We did have our minor difficulties at the beginning, particularly with the fax application and some issues with the automated uploading of ERA's from the clearinghouse. Both these issues have been fixed long ago, and we have been able to fax in and out of the EMR without any issues for over a year. The same thing with the ERA uploading, it has worked flawlessly for almost two years. I am so glad that we chose PrognoCIS and also very thankful to Bizmatics for such a great product.

Maryam from Maryam Mahmoodian, MD Family Medicine

EHR use

Pros

It is easy to use. Entire team including support and billing are very accessible and quick to respond to any concerns. It is easily customized and is cost-effective especially for a small medical practice. I was worried in the beginning because the training was not done on-site, but the person who trained me was wonderful and very accessible and responsive to my needs which made it much easier than I had anticipated.

Cons

I wish I had the ability to make more minor changes on my own without having to go thru their IT support each time.

Reasons for Choosing PrognoCIS

I chose PrognoCis because I liked that it was a smaller company and was cost-effective considering the features that were available. Also, I liked the fact that the cost included billing, so I wouldn't have to use a separate billing company.

Raul from Anti-Aging Institute of Key Biscayne

Administrator

I would rate my experience as A+++.

Pros

The software is easy to use, the support staff has been great from day one. The training with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and her team was great. Being a small business makes thing difficult as is, the support I have received from PrognoCIS has been AMAZING!!!

Cons

At this point I don't have a least like. Everyday I learn more using the software and If I have a question they provide (Live person) customer service. I had a question about my bill and received a call from PrognoCIS leadership [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was extremely professional and was able to answer to my satisfaction.

Reasons for Choosing PrognoCIS

PrognoCIS was recommended by a friend, I would gladly do the same.

Stephanie from Mirror 2 the Heart, PLLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Not made for Mental Health

So I would say they have a programming side and a billing side. My biggest challenge was creating an encounter to model that of a behavioral health template. This was not the case in my experience. The people were very nice and was trying to provide what I needed but the time it was taking to create what most EHRs (this was my first EMR) already have in place caused a delay in me working with the RCM side to submit claims therefore I encountered a 30 day delay in claims submissions. If they fix this PrognoCIS would be an awesome product for Mental health Small Practices.

Pros

So many features but will benefit a larger company (i.e., facility, hospital, medical office). Video portal within the software, e-labs, e-prescribe, EMR specialty specific content library, scheduling and access to reports, clearing house fees, secured messaging, patient protal, appointment reminders, fax services, technical support and paper claims can be apart of your package. They are good to work with you to tailor make it and if you use their RCM company the software is included!

Cons

Patients are not getting their text/email reminders which affects appointment accountability (our numbers started to drop). EMR is really tailored to a medical office and not the behavioral health. For example they call their visits "encounters" which then you follow a table of contents tabs to enter data. That standard format has forms, terminology and templates that aide to a Medical Office (i.e., Vitals, ROS, HPI). The assessments tab you can change but when you first open you can be overwhelmed by the different assessments. Mind you those assessments you see is what your patient sees as well which can be overwhelming for them when being asked about past knee history. Can't setup reoccurences w/telehealth sessions. CPT codes are not aligned with the Diagnosis. Video has been hard to get into have to use zoom as backup.

Reasons for Choosing PrognoCIS

Sale rep was outstanding and let me see other opportunities to grow into that the other software presentations didn't do.

Reasons for Switching to PrognoCIS

They provide E-Prescribe, E-Lab and Secured Messaging something CounSol doesn't have at this time.

Tatia from Health, Wellness and Fitness

PrognoCIS Review

Overall, my experience has been good.

Pros

Single sign on solution User interface, ease of use. Billing system ease of use All MACRA/QPP Updates as well CPT/ICD/HCPCS codes updates are included

Cons

I cannot really think of anything at the moment.

Reasons for Choosing PrognoCIS

Seemed like the best of the few we were considering overall..

Reasons for Switching to PrognoCIS