• Pros

• "I love the copy from previous functions and the scheduler."

• "i like the fact that the interface is smooth and easy to use, and the features are also enough to get the job done for my team and I"

• "It is very easy to navigate the program. I love the way the chart and/or case is set up for the patient. "

• Cons

• "It was a bit hard to learn the features but once you're well trained it is easy to use and support was excellent in helping."

• "Sometimes, it seems a little slow in loading, but the response from customer service is pretty much immediate."

• "I don't have any complaints about the software package at this time. "

Browse Practice Pro Reviews

PT Practice Pro is very thorough and easy to work with

Pros

My favorite feature is being able to access multiple accounts as well as having multiple windows open at one time. It is great for a multi-tasker like myself which saves me a lot of time.

Todd from PRO-PT

August 2014

All around, the best PT software on the market

Pros

The software is customizable, and the vendor listens to your needs and makes every attempt to shape your software to those needs. The dashboard and its reporting capabilities allow me to manage my practice quickly, allowing me to focus on more important details of my practice. Every staff member has their own dashboard, and they can see how they are doing and how they are performing in the company.

Cons

Because of the customizability, I find myself always thinking about how to improve the software for my company, and this takes a lot of planning and time. PT Practice Pro can help you with some of this planning, but remember that not everything can be done by PT Practice Pro.

Jennifer from Pro~Pt

September 2014

I have been using this product for approximately 2 years.

Pros

The vendor is easy to get a hold of and able to correct problems in a timely manner. My specific job requires I switch screens quickly, look for available appointments, and pull up previous charts. Practice Pro navigates easily and quickly, making my job run smoothly. Patients often want to get off the phone as soon as possible. I need a product that will run quickly, give me the information I need immediately so I can assist the patient, and move on to the next patient.

Cons

I tend to look at the schedule a week at a time, and the line dividing the days is too light. Also, when filling out the patient information, if I do not have the social security number, it is time-consuming to go through previous patients that do not have social either. I would prefer not to have that feature. Then, when adding an additional insurance if the patient has two of the same insurance carriers, the system will not save the second insurance. I receive an error message. It usually takes me 3-4 times trying to trick the system to get it to take the second insurance. Also, when sending a dash back and forth, the system does not keep history of the senders. After it has been sent a few times, it's difficult to know who originated the message.

Vicki from Rider Physical Therapy

Used it for 4 years now.

Pros

They respond quickly to issues and problems. I am the primary biller. When this was updated, I could not get into any of the financial accounts. That was resolved with a phone call. But, they are on the East Coast, and I am in Hawaii, so the time difference does not always allow me to resolve things the same day.

Cons

There are continual updates that differ so much from the previous versions. For example, the current version has the top bar "roll" down instead of just opening up. It is very very distracting. There are too many moving parts. While the system is "thinking," the top scrolls back and forth with this little line. I know it's thinking when the icon is spinning. When they first did this, I had headache issues. Now, it's just a distraction. I don't think it's really necessary. It's way too busy.

July 2014

Gwen from One on One Physical Therapy Inc.

Excellent in every way!

Pros

I like that this product is user-friendly!! It's not a complicated system. The reports on the system can be run many different ways, which is very helpful. I also love the e-files; this feature helps in keeping paper documents to a minimum. The dashboard feature also keeps everyone abreast of their to-do list. I love it! I love that everything that needs to be done in the practice can be done from one system and that you are working with one support team.

Cons

There's a feature that I would like to see enhanced, although it works well the way it is. The feature is the "advanced payment"; I would like to be able to click on the patient payment and hit a button to make it automatically post. Otherwise, there isn't a feature that I dislike.

Deepak from Liberty Physical Therapy

Make sure you negotiate cost of data export before you sign the contract

Pros

1. Good for small size practice looking for reports & credit card integration 2. Payment posting was flexible enough to override problems

Cons

1. Documentation for Physical Therapy was terrible 2. Found senior management arrogant and money minded

DR from My Left Foot Children's Therapy

Easy to work with

At this juncture, we've agreed this is PROBABLY the EMR software we'll select. We like the UI. It wasn't our first choice but after looking at 10 different EMR systems we narrowed it down to two. Overall this was a better fit. Taken into consideration was: The UI The features and benefits The reports The billing package The report writing The Provider access

Pros

Working with Charles and Sanjay has been great. Super responsive from the first moment we called them. Everything we've asked for they've responded with an answer very quickly.

Cons

It may not be as easy for us to compile our own custom reports. We'll have to wait and see.

January 2015

Angel from Community Therapy Services

January 2015

So far, so good.

Pros

We like the ability to customize this software to meet the needs of our clinic. We like that we can add all of our fee schedules for different insurance companies, thus giving us what our actual receivables will be instead of what we billed. That was the major selling point for us.

Cons

It seems that they need more employees to do customer service. The initial setup period is a bit extensive, but in the end, it helps to get the system customized to what you want. Expect to have your team ready to help set everything up. Plus, we were unaware that the monthly billing is lumped together for three months, and you are required to pay this in advance. The yearly service fee is also asked for in advanced.

Chimaobi from Information Technology

Very user friendly

Pros

Cons

I feel it can be a bit overwhelming at first because there are many ways to do a particular things, apart from that i have no other complaint about this software.

Mallory from Mallory Griffith, MA CCC-SLP

Recommended by a PT friend - worked great for this SLP

Would recommend this product!

Pros

Streamlined process - relatively easy to learn. Ease of accessing notes and preparing to bill was worth the cost! Great customer support too.

Cons

Some coding issues, but that seems to be part of the process. I've struggled to find a billing solution that is best for SLP's.

September 2015

Christy from MORE Physical Therapy, Inc.

September 2015

We're so happy we chose PT Practice Pro

Pros

They helped us through every step of our transition from our previous practice management software which was incredibly challenging. Their tech support has been superb and their responses efficient and fast. They have been able to meet our needs even to the point of creating new reporting functions for us to better manage and assess our business. We couldn't be more satisfied or relieved in the choice we made with PT Practice Pro. Additionally, it being a cloud-based program has been an immeasurable improvement over our previous vendor.

Cons

Our biggest challenge has been for the staff to get used to the changes from our old system but that isn't a complaint about the system so much as an observation about how difficult it can be to get used to something new, even when it is better in nearly every way.

Ashley from Today's Therapy Solutions

so far so good!

Pros

Their willingness to adapt the product to suit our specific clinic needs made our transition to this system much smoother than it would have been! It's easy to navigate and the company is available to answer questions or concerns. The ability to have working templates for evaluation forms, progress notes, etc. has saved a lot of time with paperwork.

Cons

Getting used to the new layout was tricky at first, but now that I understand it, the navigation is easier than it was with our previous system. There have been a few times since starting with this product (1.5 months) that the system was down or unable to be accessed in the evening. This was a problem, since I need to bill services everyday so I can get reimbursements for them.

Skyller from Hammer and Forge Chiropractic

We use PT billing for our office's billing.

Pros

It works very well with our office and integrates well with our EHR software. We haven't had any problems with them since it was installed.

Cons

The setup process took a little more time than I thought it would. We had to spend a fair amount of time waiting to get everything complete.

Joshua from Pinnacle Medical Wellness

PT Practice Pro Works for Pinnacle PT

Pros

No practice management software program comes out of the box ready to meet the individual needs of the various practices it serves. Most are tailored to a general level of function with a requirement that users fit themselves into the predefined box. PT Practice Pro, and those behind it, work differently. The software has been built to be customized just as other competing programs may be described. The difference is truly in the customer service that occurs when simple changes or adjustments are not the answer. The people behind PT Practice Pro actually care. They seem to be on an endless search to beat their competition by using customer feedback to improve their product. It's working.

Cons

The product is superior to anything we have ever used. We have no complaints.

Rita from Today's Therapy Solutions

Industry: Mental Health Care

September 2014

Newbie to industry and PTPP software

Pros

The product is very user-friendly and very easy to navigate. The drop-down menus are especially helpful to me as a new person to the industry. It's easy to enter an appointment for a new client and to verify appointments times, arrivals and reschedules. I haven't had any direct contact with the vendor.

Cons

I printed out weekly appointment calendars for the wrong weeks. You have to pay close attention to the date ranges as they don't automatically change in each screen. It would be helpful to have a couple of places on the patient info screen to list contact names and corresponding contact numbers.

James from CompletePT Pool & Land Physical Therapy

July 2014

PT Pro meets our needs for Scheduling, Documentation, and Billing.

Pros

As insurance companies make more demands on therapists, PT Pro updates the software to make their job easier. Updates are frequent and relevant. The software is accessible from any computer without needing a software installation. The help desk is always available via phone or email. We have never been left alone.

Cons

As a platform that is shared across all clients, sometimes a change that is required for one client may not be beneficial to another.

Chris from VMG Health

Transition issues

Not necessarily the fault of Practice Pro, just not the right time for our practice to implement a new software.

Pros

We demo'd this software as a potential to replace our current billing software: SOAPware. the interface seemed clean but we were not in a place to undertake another software transition on this size.

Cons

We had just finished transitioning from eClinicalworks as our EMR provider and our practice was not positioned to undertake another major software transition.

Melinda from FYZICAL, Lake City

Very thorough!

PTpracticePro has gone a long way to ensure compliance with authorization reminders, simplifying flowsheets and daily notes, and improving reimbursement through proper coding!

Pros

Great customer support, always available to take questions, able to walk you through most anything that comes up, never impatient no matter how many times I contact them with questions. :-)

Cons

Not having all of patient chart info(demographics, physician, and patient notes/evals) on one page.

Richard from PRO-PT

Physical Therapist/Administrator

Pros

I appreciate the individuality of the program to meet my specific needs as a physical therapist. It allows for streamlined work in varying capacities.

Cons

It lacks the ability to respond to followups. It becomes awkward to communicate back and forth utilizing followups only.

Alec from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Finicky but Functional

Pros

The evaluation/re-evaluations area allows for modular additions to allow a high customization without having to freehand. The daily notes for practitioners allow a focus on the interventions without having to change tabs to address input for the SOAP section.

Cons

Often timely as the page requires frequent reloading in order to make additions, not the fastest software I've ever used.

Kelli from Today's Therapy Solutions

SLP & Owner

Pros

Not only is PT Pro an efficient document storage and billing system, it makes documentation so simple! With today's requirements for reimbursement, this type of system is a must.

Cons

It is a bit of an investment, but typically quality products cost a little bit. While there are free or lower cost options around, they are typically lacking in one area or another (product support, customization, do not offer all in one billing, EMR, and simplification of documentation).

Jessica from Today's Therapy Solutions

September 2014

PT Practice Pro is working well for our company!

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and makes it easy to access all of a client's information in one place. The vendor is also quick to respond when I have had technical issues when first learning to use the software. I also appreciate how willing the vendor has been to work with our company to customize the software for our needs.

Cons

The mobile version is not as user-friendly, so I often use the desktop version when documenting or using the software on my iPad.

Jason from ApexNetwork Physical Therapy

July 2014

We have been happy with the system so far

Pros

We like that it is an end-to-end solution. We have been happy with the way the system is customizeable on many fronts. The management reports are a strong asset to the system. We have been happy with the quick support that we received and the relationship we have developed.

Cons

It would be great if the add-ons could be an integrated price into the system. Additionally, we would like to see the marketing reports strengthened.

January 2016

Peter from Selma Physical Therapy

January 2016

PT Practice Pro Support is fabulous

Pros

We love the support team at PT Practice Pro. The software is intuitive, user friendly, and provides fantastic reporting. We are still learning PT Practice Pro. Like all software it has little idiosyncrasies - but the team at PT Practice Pro are refining this product constantly and they listen to their customers. The people at PT Practice Pro are very responsive and very helpful in working with us and helping learn the ropes.

Cons

Slow - being web based there are some times when it needs to be faster. Some interfaces are redundant Saving - some saving could be made automatic

Thomas from Body in Balance PT

July 2014

Owner of a clinic that uses the program

Pros

The product is all-in-one, and they integrate scheduling, billing, and documentation so you do not have to put information in multiple programs. The documentation portion is great; it is flexible and can be tailored to each therapist.

Cons

The scheduler speed can be slow, and the toolbar tab disappears when you scroll down.

Jamie from Today's Therapy Solutions

Exciting change!

Pros

I like how you can write follow-up notes to remind yourself when the time comes to write up specific documents. I like having evaluation templates to work off of. And I find the summation reports to be beneficial when reconciling my pay statements.

Cons

I do find some of the buttons to be a bit glitchy. Sometimes, I need to refresh or hit the same button multiple times for a function to complete.

Nikki from Today's Therapy Solutions

September 2014

Efficient, for the most part, and user-friendly!

Pros

I like how this program is user-friendly and saves time on paperwork and documentation.

Cons

I think there are a few more ways that this product could allow for more efficiency. Sometimes, it is difficult to move from one part of the program to the next. It seems to take too much time going from one thing to the next. There are also several error messages that come up while I'm working on the weekends, causing me frustration because it disrupts my work. Also, the reports show all clinicians and their pay, which I think is inappropriate. There needs to be a way for one clinician to see their own billing without seeing others. This product has not been set up well for behavioral health providers; it seems to be geared more for medical professions.

Tara from Today's Therapy Solutions

July 2014

Best product on the market! For any type of therapy practice!

Pros

The customer service is outstanding! They have never said they can't do something; they always find a way. They have made sure that the process is an easy transition and that we are happy and efficient. Also, the documentation. Since I'm a therapy business owner, documentation is huge for me! I need it to save time while also being compliant, and it does both.

Cons

So far, there's nothing that I am not satisfied with about this product.

Will from PRO-PT

PT Practice Pro Review

Pros

Patient information is well-organized, and the tabs are user-friendly. The Practice Pro system allows clinicians to easily navigate between patient cases, as well as ensure information is up to date.

Cons

The patient information bar on the side of the documentation screen tends to be incorrect. Initially, the tutorial instructions were slightly vague and made it difficult to learn all the features of the program.

Ashley from PRO-PT

September 2014

Pros

I like the fact that there are reports for everything you need. The vendor is quick at responding to a support ticket any time there is a question. I like that the icons have been updated to a more self-explanatory look.

Cons

The thing I like least is that on followups, it sometimes does not show who the user is when they are responding to a message, and sometimes, there are so many that it is hard to remember who it was originally sent to.

Angelique from Pro-PT

PT Practice Pro Review

Pros

PT Practice Pro allows users the ability to provide them with ideas on how to improve program efficiency, as well as the fact that users are able to call and speak to a live representative for resolution when experiencing an issue.

Cons

When technicians are working on issues or updates, there are times when the program goes slow or freezes.

Erin from Pro-Pt

September 2014

Takes a while to get used to, but becomes easier each day

Pros

I really like how I can access multiple things from the scheduling page and how I can keep track of the patients I need to schedule on my dashboard. Everything is very easy to access. I also like how I can send followups to anyone on the program. The vendor is doing a wonderful job. I would suggest this program to anyone.

Cons

I am not a fan of how things switch up from time to time. It just throws me off a little.

Steven from PRO-PT

PT Practice Pro review

Pros

It is a very versatile product. It allows for independent changes per therapist, as well as owners/managers. I like the ease of billing. The vendors have been rapidly responsive to requested changes.

Cons

There are a few glitches which occur with updates. However, they are quickly fixed.

Kristen from Today's Therapy Solutions

User-Friendly

Pros

I like that I am able to use the "copy forward" feature in my documentation in order to easily forward an activity used two sessions in a row!

Cons

I'm still unsure about where to locate certain information, such as the number of visits left in authorized period and a child's Medicaid number.

Brooke from PRO-PT Physical Therapy

A succesful experience

Pros

I like the convenience of working. This product easily meets all my needs as far as what I need to get complete in my job description. The vendor is also very good about hearing us out on ideas and helping us obtain systems that better fit our needs.

Cons

It does have a tendency to go temporary unavailable as far as service goes, but it usually bounces back pretty quickly.

Erin from Pro-PT

September 2014

I use it to document my patients charts. It's very user friendly.

Pros

Its incredibly easy to use, providing a quick means to completing your documentation. I really like the layout and ability to quickly access different accounts and PT information.

Cons

The flowsheet units could be easier to adjust in terms of exercise equipment.

Abel from PRO-PT

Slower than expected

Pros

I like having both the flowsheet and soap note on one window at a time. The vendor is willing to help when ever needed.

Cons

It takes longer to load pages than other web based documentation systems. I don't like the vendor's hours of operation.

Nathan from UCSF

PracticePro has been invaluable in creating business efficiency for us.

Pros

We use PracticePro softare to enable us to have business analytics at our finger tips in an easy to understand and navigate platform.

Sara from Today's Therapy Solutions

PT Practice Pro Review

Pros

PT Practice Pro is very easy to navigate. It has a great layout and cuts time off of work with documentation and billing.

Cons

There is really not much I do not like so far. There has been a time or two that I experienced technical difficulties; however, the customer service email is quick to help.

Steve from ApexNetwork Physical Therapy

PTPP Client Review from ApexNetwork Physical Therapy

Pros

PTPP is user-friendly, intuitive, and customizable. Support requests are resolved in a timely fashion. New releases are frequent and continue to introduce new and useful functionality.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software package at this time.

Joy from Pro-PT

Review of PT Practice Pro

Pros

All the patient information is linked together: documentation, billing, scheduled appointments.

Cons

Sifting through all the exercises in the Physiotec program to prescribe exercises to patients is time-consuming.

Stephen from Pro-PT

Adaptable.

Pros

They listen to our advice. Most of the time, they are willing to make changes to help us to be more efficient. The software is easy to customize and makes repetitive tasks easy if you put the work into it with your flowsheets, using snippets, etc.

Cons

We need to refresh the screen every time a save or change is made with documentation.

Brianna from Pro-PT

Okay, but needs improvement

Pros

For the most part, it serves our needs in the office.

Cons

When we call for help or support, the people we talk to are not very helpful. Additionally, the time period in which we are able to call to try to get help is rather limited because of time zone differences.

Jack from Pro-PT

The Review

Pros

I really like the ease of scheduling patients and how everything is one or two clicks away. I also like Physiotec; the program is very helpful with great pictures and instructions.

Cons

I don't like that Physiotec only has two languages (English and Spanish)

Lara from Todays Therapy Solutions

August 2014

Easy to use, but we have difficulty with technical errors/program timeouts.

Pros

I like the ability it provides to avoid having to write the same thing over and over again.

Cons

I have had a lot of trouble with the program timing out while I am using it, making it really inconvenient with the times that I make to sit down and do work.

Stephen from Pro-PT

September 2014

I have been using it for about two years now.

Pros

I like the adaptability and the ability to customize for individual therapists. The software is easy to use.

Cons

I have to refresh it with every significant change in documentation. I would like if the document saved automatically.

Ashley from Today's therapy solutions

Today's therapy solutions

Pros

It can do just about anything that a therapist needs to document and bill efficiently.

Cons

Just learning everything can be little overwhelming, but it is still very user-friendly. Attaching documents to the patient automatically in e-files would be cool.

Kim from Pro-PT

September 2014

Have been using product to document for >2 years; it's easy to learn.

Pros

It's simple to navigate from page to page. The vendor very open to critique, resolving issues, and making improvements as needed.

Cons

I don't have much to compare to as this is only one of two electronic documentation systems I have used. No major complaints.

Crystal from Pro-PT CA

September 2014

I use the program on a daily basis.

Pros

I use the program in every aspect of my job. I like how user-friendly it is and how easy it is to navigate through.

Cons

Whenever there is an update, there is usually another area that is negatively affected.

Nicole from Today's Therapy Solutions

August 2014

Excellent program for therapeutic documentation and billing

Pros

The support for this program is far better than any I've used before. They are always available and able to help quickly if any problem arises.

Cons

I wish our business would have found this earlier instead of dealing with other systems that weren't as functional.