What are Practice Pro users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Practice Pro software through verified user reviews

• icon"The daily notes for practitioners allow a focus on the interventions without having to change tabs to address input for the SOAP section."
  • icon"Streamlined process - relatively easy to learn. Ease of accessing notes and preparing to bill was worth the cost."
  • icon"Its incredibly easy to use, providing a quick means to completing your documentation. I really like the layout and ability to quickly access different accounts and PT information."
  • icon"Also, the reports show all clinicians and their pay, which I think is inappropriate. There needs to be a way for one clinician to see their own billing without seeing others."
  • icon"Initially, the tutorial instructions were slightly vague and made it difficult to learn all the features of the program."
  • icon"This was a problem, since I need to bill services everyday so I can get reimbursements for them."

Browse all Practice Pro Reviews

• Have you used Practice Pro and would like to share your experience with others?

Dr. Jeanette

PT Practice Pro is a very efficient, user-friendly EMR experience

Excellent experience with excellent customer service. Great onboarding experience as well.

Pros

User-friendly, intuitive system. Love the SOAP notes with exercise flowsheet on the same webpage so you don't have to open a new tab and toggle in between; love the ability to create your own templates for evaluations and SOAP notes; also love that the EMR works for different disciplines since we offer physical therapy, personal training, and massage therapy services - everyone can be on the same system! Also, love how it integrates with Physiotec for a completely online HEP services that you can email or text the HEP directly from the software without having to open another tab or switch between software systems.

Cons

I don't like how the patient portal is not user friendly for patients. I also wish that patients could schedule online and that the scheduling synced with Google calendar.

Reasons for choosing Practice Pro

User friendly; cost effective; excellent KPI reporting; integration with billing; integration with Physiotec for HEP; no clicking before tabs. I can finish a SOAP note in 5 minutes compared to 15-20 minutes in WebPT.

Reasons for switching to Practice Pro

WebPT took too long and I had to have too many tabs open to switch between evaluation, SOAP note, and exercise flow sheet. The integration with Therabill was terrible too because two log-ins were needed. This was changed a few months before I left but WebPT was very laborious. When I went through the demo with PT Practice Pro, I knew it would be a better fit for me. In addition, WebPT charged for every add-on whereas PT Practice Pro bundled their features so it was a lot more cost effective for a growing clinic.

PracticePro is a great product in many ways, a few areas need some attention.

Our providers can get the most work done and get back to patient care thanks to the documentation system. Our billing process and claims management are easy thanks to the financial side of the product, as well as the robust reports related to claims and billing which allow us to forecast and budget. Much of the insurance and authorization system is very easy to navigate and makes it much easier to manage patient cases. The intake system, scheduler (specifically the waiting list), and some of the ways that data is accessible in the product need work. Some of the reports simply do not work or are not adjustable. What has been disappointing is the lack of support for some of the feature and enhancement requests we have made. While this is understandable considering the size of the development team at PracticePro, it can be frustrating.

Pros

The billing/claims system is great, as is the documentation system for daily notes, evaluations, and progress reports.

Cons

The intake system, waiting list, and multi-location arrangement need some attention.

Reasons for choosing Practice Pro

The value of the features and the pricing were very attractive, in addition to the modifications they were able to incorporate for us. We also liked the options we had for enhancements down the road.

Reasons for switching to Practice Pro

We needed a single solution to do it all, which PracticePro has.

Vicki

2.5

August 2014

Used it for 4 years now.

Pros

They respond quickly to issues and problems. I am the primary biller. When this was updated, I could not get into any of the financial accounts. That was resolved with a phone call. But, they are on the East Coast, and I am in Hawaii, so the time difference does not always allow me to resolve things the same day.

Cons

There are continual updates that differ so much from the previous versions. For example, the current version has the top bar "roll" down instead of just opening up. It is very very distracting. There are too many moving parts. While the system is "thinking," the top scrolls back and forth with this little line. I know it's thinking when the icon is spinning. When they first did this, I had headache issues. Now, it's just a distraction. I don't think it's really necessary. It's way too busy.

Laura

PracticePro Review

We have been very please with the product. We have compared it to other EMRs and are happy to stay with PracticePro.

Pros

Very thorough, what we needed at the time of upgrade. It is easily understood

Cons

Integration was an easy process. there are a couple of billing and claims item that we wish were different. For instance, waiting to allocate pt payments until insurance addresses the DOS seems to not make clear sense to our office. Changing/Deleting claims and changing payments after entering is a bit cumbersome.

Reasons for choosing Practice Pro

Fyzical franchise was using Practice Pro when we became franchise owners

Reasons for switching to Practice Pro

Other system was out dated, we liked what we learned about PracticePro

Lisa

Solution to organization and EMR challenges

The customer services is generally pretty helpful. And the software is pretty adaptable.

Pros

I like the integrated home exercise programs and the ability to document and produce the program with ease.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to manage special reports from the dashboard. Perhaps see when they have been initiated to prevent oversite.

Reasons for switching to Practice Pro

I did not make the choice but I believe cost and ease of use were factors.

Nichole

Practice Pro

Technical support is great and they are always available to work through issues.

Pros

The billing and coding systems are great. Patient scheduling is easy and everything is customizeable.

Cons

The process for designing the clinical schedule is somewhat tedious and changes to the schedule create a lot of extra work

Reasons for switching to Practice Pro

Terrible customer support and billing modules

Micheline

Practice Pro is the software our company will use for years to come

Our company's overall experience with Practice Pro has been exceptional. The software has allowed our company to grow. The reporting in Practice Pro has made it easier for us to assess our metrics so that we can make adjustments to our scheduling and outcomes in order to improve our customer satisfaction profitability.

Pros

We have been using Practice Pro software for ten years now. As a member of the team which made the decision to purchase the software, I was extremely pleased with the ease of implementation and transitioning our company to its use. The software is very versatile and adaptable. It is the most user friendly software I have used or administered in my twenty plus years as the Office Manager for a Physical Therapy facility with seven different locations. The support has been exceptional. The team at Practice Pro are continuously developing new features in the software and they are very pro-active in adding features in advance of any regulation changes.

Cons

Probably the only complaint I have received about the software over the years is that there are too many updates to the software which staff need to become oriented to.

Reasons for choosing Practice Pro

When we were considering different software programs which could handle scheduling, documentation and billing - all within the same product, we were also looking for a product which would be user friendly, adaptable and one which would be highly supported. At the time, even though Practice Pro met all the criteria, they had not developed their institutional UB-04 electronic claim form so we almost chose another product. We were approached by the development team at Practice Pro asking to give them a week to develop the form, which they did. We have been extremely satisfied customer of Practice Pro ever since!

Reasons for switching to Practice Pro

At the time we were using Raintree for billing which integrated with Therassist software for scheduling and documentation. The process was very cumbersome and there were many issues with the integration. Raintree was not as adaptable - we had to rely on programmers to make most changes. Support was not of the highest level.

George

Soap table suggestions

Pros

Reporting is an amazing feature. Being able to produce so many different options is great.

Cons

I think one of the largest improvements is the inputting information - as it stands right now reading information on while inputting information is very difficult and probably the most practical in a physical therapy setting. I huge help has been decreasing the size (width) of the "comment" boxes, if there was an option to completely opt out of the comment region would increased the functional space of data inputting which would be helpful. Another helpful aspect would be allowing cell size to be adjusted (i.e. row height/width) for inputting purposes.

Mary

Mary

Overall good.

Pros

Ease of use for notes. Simplicity of documentation

Cons

Down time due to system errors . Repetitive nature

Hospital system

PT Practice Pro is very thorough and easy to work with

Pros

My favorite feature is being able to access multiple accounts as well as having multiple windows open at one time. It is great for a multi-tasker like myself which saves me a lot of time.

Cons

It was a bit hard to learn the features but once you're well trained it is easy to use and support was excellent in helping.

Nathaniel

Love PPro!

Overall, my experience with PPro has been great. There's so many ways to go about the same tasks. I love the reporting features and KPI data that helps me with my reporting and analysis.

Pros

I love how user-friendly this software is. Being a web-based software allows you to access if from any device that's needed. Being able to manage marketing, referrals, scheduling, documentation and billing from one software is very convenient.

Cons

I feel that Referral Management could see some improvements and closer synced with the scheduler. In the insurance verification section, it would be nice if the patients were in order by not only the date of initial eval, but also the time they come in. If the patient's appointment was moved or rescheduled, having that info be shown in the insurance verification and update in real time would be convenient. Likewise, if a new eval did not show or cancelled the eval, it would be very convenient for the "Scheduled" referral in referred patients for its status to change back to "New Referral" or "Scheduled - No Show/Cx" so we can manage it accordingly. This way we could keep the filters for "New Referral" and "Scheduled - No Show/Cx" and we could easily manage and access these referrals.

Reasons for switching to Practice Pro

I didn't make the switch in EMRs per say, but 4 years ago I began working with Excel and loved how user friendly PPro was/is.

Todd

August 2014

All around, the best PT software on the market

Pros

The software is customizable, and the vendor listens to your needs and makes every attempt to shape your software to those needs. The dashboard and its reporting capabilities allow me to manage my practice quickly, allowing me to focus on more important details of my practice. Every staff member has their own dashboard, and they can see how they are doing and how they are performing in the company.

Cons

Because of the customizability, I find myself always thinking about how to improve the software for my company, and this takes a lot of planning and time. PT Practice Pro can help you with some of this planning, but remember that not everything can be done by PT Practice Pro.

Tatyana

SHPT

Upon initial hiring my practice pro training date was not until 2 weeks into the start of my employment. Thanks to Practice Pros ease of navigation I self taught myself the program and how to assess necessary documents and information in the first 5 days. If that doesn't attest to the ease of usability of this program then I don't know what does.

Pros

I love the large icons at the top of the page that make navigation between screens very easy as well as ability to access future appointment, appointments past, electronically attached files, and patient information. Everything is in view and assessable from almost any location in the program.

Cons

My only issue with the use of Practice Pro is that it frequently requires maintenance and updates which interfere with my ability to document. Most recently we have had issues with the west coast servers which severely interferes with our ability to do our work.

Lacey

Great product, excellent customer service

Pros

The software is fairly user friendly. Most aspects are easy to use and there are a lot of great features that make running a practice more simple. I LOVE the tech support/customer service team - anytime we call with a question or email they get back to us very quickly and are always able to help us accomplish what we need to do!

Cons

The billing is confusing. I have had to call billing several times - always gets worked out, but just isn't very straightforward, in my opinion.

Reasons for switching to Practice Pro

We wanted an integrated system that would allow us to be able to follow the process from start to finish (scheduling through accepting payment after the service) and minimize human error. Our previous system required a lot of manual entering of things at each step in the process which creates various opportunities for errors to occur. With a more automated system, there is less margin for human error.

Scott

Best in the market

Pros

Practice Pro is the best for our multi location business. We have tried others and this is simply the best.

Cons

No cons. This system is professional and complete

Sheril

Extremely Pleased

Pros

Easy to use and very intuitive for our needs

Cons

preferred not to pay extra for any additional texting communication with patients

Susie

Practive Pro evaluaton

I have had a good experience with practice pro except when the system shuts down. If I have questions, customer service is very helpful.

Pros

I like the ease with which to chart and charge patients.

Cons

I would like to be able to look at prior treatments with greater ease.

I believe cost.

Dean

Mostly intuitive

Generally, I really PT Practice Pro.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use, after several hours of 'getting used to it'. I can write SOAP notes and/schedule at any of our clinics with out having to log-in to a different system/program.

Cons

I used to be able to 'copy appointment' and then 'past appointment' when I scheduled a patient appointment. Not being able to do this means I have to type everything out for as many appointments I want to schedule. I don't like that. Instead of less than a min to schedule the patient's next 3 or 4 treatments, it takes me about 10 mins.

Anita

A rehabilitation therapist's user's review.

The best feature is the editable copy forward, listing of the appointments of a day and use of dashboard to see number of documents to complete and submission of docs from that page.

Pros

The copy forward feature; that allows you to change the critical data and specifics without re-writing all portions of the note.

Cons

The software could compact several features ( ie. once signed in) 1. the system should check off the appointment date and time, and any minutes late; after the arrival button is activated. 2. Clinicians must factor and deduct time which should be done automatically completed w/the digital system. 3. Clinicians must be their own check & balance, which should be a systems features (ie. when note is complete there's a color change from yellow, blue to green, stating 30% complete w/ note of what's needed.

Reasons for switching to Practice Pro

Practice pro was the software used by the company that I contract with.

September 2014

I have been using this product for approximately 2 years.

Pros

The vendor is easy to get a hold of and able to correct problems in a timely manner. My specific job requires I switch screens quickly, look for available appointments, and pull up previous charts. Practice Pro navigates easily and quickly, making my job run smoothly. Patients often want to get off the phone as soon as possible. I need a product that will run quickly, give me the information I need immediately so I can assist the patient, and move on to the next patient.

Cons

I tend to look at the schedule a week at a time, and the line dividing the days is too light. Also, when filling out the patient information, if I do not have the social security number, it is time-consuming to go through previous patients that do not have social either. I would prefer not to have that feature. Then, when adding an additional insurance if the patient has two of the same insurance carriers, the system will not save the second insurance. I receive an error message. It usually takes me 3-4 times trying to trick the system to get it to take the second insurance. Also, when sending a dash back and forth, the system does not keep history of the senders. After it has been sent a few times, it's difficult to know who originated the message.

PAXTON

FANTASTIC SOFTWARE FOR A REFERRAL COORDINATOR

Pros

I LIKED THE REFERRAL MANAGEMENT THE MOST ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE. IT WAS UNIQUE AND SIMPLE TO USE. IT ALLOWED FOR EASE OF ACCESS/COMMUNICATION WHEN I WAS OUT OF OFFICE

Cons

WHAT I LIKED LEAST WAS THAT THE REACTIVATOR WAS A SEPARATE SYSTEM FROM THE MAIN EMR. IT WAS COMPLICATED TO GO BETWEEN THE TWO AND REQUIRED ADDITIONAL STEPS THAT TOOK UP VALUABLE TIME. I ALSO FOUND THAT IT WAS DIFFICULT TO IMPLEMENT VIRTUAL INTAKE FORMS/AUTOMATIC REMINDERS

Margaret

Efficient, Clean and Complete

I think our company can communicate with greater ease, and effectiveness because of PPro!

Pros

The electronic documents within the client's file, soap notes and previous reports are all in one place! Finally! No paper trail and need for documentation hygiene! PPro does it all for us! :)

Cons

Occasional updates and glitches are always challenging, due to the reliability of the program typically, when it is "off" it feels more detrimental.

Renee

Glad we made the switch!

Good experience overall! We have a great support team that is always willing to help me.

Pros

The scheduling is great and makes it easy.

Cons

The accounting end is awkward sometimes. I'm still trying to get used to it and find things in the patient accounts.

Wanted better documentation

Great value and functionality for a physical therapy based emr

Excellent

Pros

Customization, I am able to set up documentation that meets my practice needs and insurance requirements.

Cons

Lots of features need significant training to use effectively

Reasons for choosing Practice Pro

Multi cite and pricing system

Nichole

hurray

Pros

i like that it is able to be used in multi locations and easily used by insurance, scheduling and therapy departments

Cons

i dislike how easily things are locked so only certain people have access to certain things

ease of use for increased ability to do 1 thing