What are CareLogic Enterprise users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using CareLogic Enterprise software through verified user reviews

• icon"Most of all, I like the fact that Qualifacts Support is always ready to help you out and give you guidance for any questions or issues that you face."
  • icon"Ability to customize the product/forms, general ease of use is pretty good."
  • icon"The training to get a clinician ready to provide care and effectively document services is fairly easy and allows even new staff to start working with consumers quickly."
  • icon"Biling is difficult, reporting is a little slow and often reports have to be combined to get accurate information."
  • icon"It could also have more detailed reports for revenue reporting. Need services to be able to be broken down into further details and more options."
  • icon"If the tickets can be answered by the first responding team, they get answered quickly. If they have to be escalated to Tier 2 or 3, it's awful."

Browse all CareLogic Enterprise Reviews

• Have you used CareLogic Enterprise and would like to share your experience with others?

Steve

Industry: Mental Health Care

CareLogic the best of the field

The best thing about Qualifacts is their customer service orientation. While not absolutely perfect over the seven years we've been customers, problems that arose have been addressed vigorously. The management of the company is interactive and engaged with their end users. Their mission is directly to further our work with clients, which I appreciate. EHR software has to live between the worlds of a fragmented healthcare system, the great variety of customer needs and programs, and federal and state regulations that are ever-changing. I have felt supported along the way to achieve the work of our agency by their focus on making that intersection easier. I highly recommend this platform.

Pros

CareLogic is easy for end users. The simple schedule-keep appointment-link to document-bill each day workflow works for clinicians. The billing is accurate, and we've never lost a bit of data. Reliability is very high, and has improved from already high service level reliability. Speed is good, and data is available.

Cons

The interface is dated compared to programs like Microsoft office or web sites like Gmail. There have been strides in the last two years in that the interface is now browser agnostic, running on platforms other than Microsoft IE. It was a tough change to implement, given some built-in data elements that relied on IE. Qualifacts stuck with the project, though, and achieved the goal.

Peter

Partnership and customer focused

We are able to create documents to meet our service line needs. We are able to access the data in order to do reporting and do organizational planning. CareLogic has been a very good partner for our organization and the services that we provide.

Pros

The software is highly configurable to meet your organizations needs. The implementation process was a collaboration between our organization and Qualifacts. There is a strong user community that acts as a resource but also as a learning collaborative for best practice and configuration. Qualifacts strives to be a partner with its customer base and commits to helping its customers to be successful.

Cons

Although the software is highly configurable to meet organizational needs, this customization is limiting in its ability to move data from organizational custom form to multiple uses of that form in your workflows.

Reasons for choosing CareLogic Enterprise

Although CareLogic cost more, the implementation process was very thorough. The level of training available to end users was very extensive and important for beginning something new.

Siria

May 2022

Worst EHR

Horrendous experience. The task tickets are a joke, and our implementation has not been finalized since we, as previously stated, are unable to get the most basic report which is an aging report. A really significant reason for going with Carelogic was the patient portal to which is not working because they keep assigning different individuals to the project (for over a year) and no one seems to know anything. If you are a mid-size company DO NOT go with this EHR. It's been the worst professional experience we've had with this company.

Pros

Clinical documentation is very thorough and meets the needs of the company.

Cons

On the administrative and billing aspect it is the worst EHR software we could have chosen. We went live in December 2020 and to this day (May 2022) we had not been able to run an aging report or any billing report for that matter that will provide accurate numbers. We've had to spect thousands of dollars with an additional software to help us with reports. They also have not been able to get our patient portal up and running - no one in that company has any accountability. We have 50 employees and we pay $8000 a month - more than we've ever paid for an EHR and we did so because we were assured that the billing management and report would work, but it has not and we have lost so much revenue trying to figure out the system.

Reasons for choosing CareLogic Enterprise

Because they overpromised, but under-delivered unfortunately.

Reasons for switching to CareLogic Enterprise

We wanted more specific forms and reporting on the clinical side.

Jessica

December 2021

An ok EMR

Pros

I like that it pulls over the last note and tracks the vital signs.

Cons

I wish it was easier to see my schedule for the month and that there was a patient portal.

Keeping Clients Data Private

Overall the experience with CareLogic has been great. We will continue to find new uses and features to enhance our programs!

Pros

CareLogic for us has been great! We used this program now for the last few years and have found so many different uses for what we need. We love the fact that we can pull great data from the system in report form and be able to submit those directly for grants. Another things we love is the ability to have supervisors access their staff's clients to insure arcuate data entry!

Cons

The only thing that our program would benefit from is a way to create documents that are a little less medical field data entry. However, we have worked with CareLogic and our IT team and have found some great ways to fulfill our needs in our program!

Reasons for switching to CareLogic Enterprise

We switched because our program was taken over by another program that was currently using CareLogic.

Great but room for improvement

Pros

You are able to customize the software to meet your organizations needs.

Cons

Implementation was painful and if certain product features were explained differently in how one function affected another it could have been a smoother process. CareLogic is expensive and the rates continue to increase, the big corporation continues to grow and report record earnings at the expense of their customers. There are additional features that a small non-profits can't afford but need for reporting purposes.

Reasons for switching to CareLogic Enterprise

Automated, fully incorporated electronic health record with clinical, billing, and A/R with QA checks.

luke

Industry: Mental Health Care

It is easy to use, but sometimes not.

Overall it is a great tool.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the software practically guides you in the direction you need to go when you are entering in clients and documents. You know where everything should be, and if you have never used a certain document or module you can easily guess where to look to find it.

Cons

It is a bit difficult to fix errors. If i have a clinician that needs to error out or fix something in an activity there are a few steps I need to take before I can go in make the changes needed, it is great that it locks stuff down, but at times it makes it difficult. for example if I need to fix a payer that has activity attached to it I need to go and find all the activities attached and reverse them before I can make certain changes.

Reasons for choosing CareLogic Enterprise

We went with CareLogic because we felt it met more of our requirements for our end users

Colleen

March 2022

Cumbersome ECR

Carelogic gets the job done, but it not in a timely or efficient manner.

Pros

Software was pretty easy to learn how to use. I like how it opens into my schedule for the day. I like that I can check for unsigned documents.

Cons

Everything seems to take a long time using Carelogic. If I make one mistake in a form, I have to reinitiate the form and reenter all the information, rather than just fixing the one mistake. I also am unable to switch between regions within a document, so if I forget to change the region within carelogic, I have to redo work when I receive the error message that. There are frequently scheduled downtimes in the evenings. For folks like myself who work 2nd shift, I'm often unable to complete my work due to the maintenance being done. In order to complete my work in a timely manner, I've repeatedly had to log in on my day off to complete my work.

Marcus

CareLogic Review

We are solving the need to have real time data for the company by having everything electronic and accessible remotely. Improves the quality of care our clinicians give our families since they have to worry less about paperwork and can focus more on the client.

Pros

I really like the fact that our clinicians can now remotely and electronically do all of their work so they do not have the hassle of coming back and forth to the office to drop off paperwork.

Cons

I do not like the structure of the configurable forms for reporting, it is very difficult to manage having to change reports every time a new version of the document is created.

Reasons for choosing CareLogic Enterprise

The ability to customize the system is very big for us since we are very non-traditional. Avatar did not offer this. Also the growth of the company appears to be natural instead of buying out companies like Netsmart does.

Heidi

Industry: Mental Health Care

Helpful once you figured it out....

Carelogic took quite some time to figure out, but was fairly helpful once I had been using it for a month or two. Compared with other similar software I have utilized in other businesses, it was definitely better organized. However, even after working with it for over year, occasionally I would come across an issue while trying to document something that I could not figure out, nor could any of my co-workers. Overall, I would use this product again, but i would make sure to keep the customer-service contact close-at-hand.

Pros

Carelogic does a good job meeting the extensive requirements for documentation that mental health professionals must maintain on a daily basis on each of their clients. It assists with scheduling and tracking client appointments, and it's search option for various client documents it easy to use. On several occasions when I have had issues figuring out how to access a client's past file, Carelogic customer service was prompt in responding to emails about an issue.

Cons

My least favorite feature is that it (for whatever reason) did not do a good job tracking past clients and it was very difficult to search for past client documentation unless you remembered the exact name of the client. I had so many client on my caseload during the 15-16 months that I used this program, it was difficult to remember names and dates. I felt like there should have been a way to search for EVERY file with a particular clinician's signature. Also, trying to add an new admission for a previous client was a mess!

Crissie

Great customer engagement!

Generally, a good product. Clinicians are happy with it. RCM has shortcomings however they company is working to address these.

Pros

One of Qualifacts' key strengths is their promotion and facilitation of customers' engaging one with another. Over the years the company has built and fostered activities that allow customers to learn from each other and connect easily to inquire about and share how they're managing the challenges that are common.

Cons

We sometimes run into challenges with functionality that is about 80% there but the last 20% of the functionality comes up short for our business need. This can rule out our use of the particular functionality.

Time used: Free Trial

May 2014

Highly customizable; powerful reporting features

Pros

Qualifacts is highly responsive to customers' needs. They offer frequent webinars, a customer support website, and a support ticket system. CareLogic customers have also formed user-led groups which meet quarterly to discuss system use, new features, etc.. This helps customers take advantage of massive changes in the healthcare field and Qualifacts' constant efforts at providing more powerful features. Qualifacts has a yearly conference, which is a great opportunity to learn about features directly from Qualifacts’ staff. I have attended twice and learned a great deal of new information each time. CareLogic is highly customizable. You can create and modify forms and reports to fit any type of behavioral health program. The program comes with many options already configured, but there are limitless ways to tailor the EHR to you specific needs. Users who are familiar with Structured Query Language (SQL) can create customized reports to meet nearly any business need. In addition to the ability to program reports, CareLogic comes loaded with dozens of reports for a variety of needs. CareLogic has features to handle every step in the client/patient process, from initial phone call to discharge. It also has many features to track and manage employee data.

Cons

It's not a "pretty" system. I have seen EHRs which look fancier and appear to be more user-friendly. It does not yet support multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, etc.). It has to be run only on Internet Explorer. It can experience varying degrees of system slowness, especially when e-prescribing, throughout the day. I don't believe this is unique to Qualifacts, however - you are at the mercy of your internal network and internet service provider in addition to any speed issues CareLogic may actually have.

Overall very good and highly customizable EHR, reporting can be an issue for non-IT staff

Pros

This is fairly intuitive software, with normal learning curve for an average user. There are lot of options to customize system to fit your needs. Designing forms is easy and there are lot of pre-configured forms and reports. Qualifacts community is a good source to ask questions and look for the help. Qualifacts Support is very responsive and most of the issues get resolved fast. Pre-built reports in Carelogic are great, however they can be better. For example multiple selection option for report filters is missing. Sometimes I just need to run report for 4 or 5 organizations or programs at once, but I can only do either one or all at the same time. And for the reports I designed in Pentaho I was able to implement multiple selection, so it is possible to do it.

Cons

Most of the training videos need update. There are some videos where you can barely see what is on the screen due to the very low resolution. Some of the videos are just too long (2+hr) and they should be separated in smaller segments. Pentaho (used for reporting ) is very complex system and in my opinion there is not enough training videos in the Qualifacts community. Especially for advanced reports and analytics that use functions and formulas. This can be a nightmare for someone without prior SQL experience, and overall I just think there are no enough resources online for Pentaho. "Pentaho 5.0 Reporting by Example: Beginner’s Guide" book was huge help to me. Also when deploying multiple versions of the same form, it creates new tables in the database and this means that all of the custom reports using that configurable form have to be made again if that particular configurable form was edited.

Julianne

Industry: Mental Health Care

If you can afford the bells and whistles, Carelogic can be awesome

Our primary reason for working with Carelogic was to tighten compliance with billing regulations and to decrease time for clinicians on paperwork. However, we soon learned that we couldn't afford all the pieces that would maximize these goals. Also, although small, our agency has many very different types of programs and models. Carelogic doesn't fit them all, so at times i feels like it is much bigger than what we really need, but not flexible enough to be customized for different programs. There needs to be a dedicated support team for the ECR that is robust - reporting, IT, clinical, administrative, compliance, etc.

Pros

As an end user, there is logic behind the workflows that make using live with families much easier. The Carelogic Community is a wonderful addition to the support network for all levels of users. Qualifacts genuinely seems to want to hear ideas and feedback from its users. My team has learned a great deal at the conferences, as well.

Cons

It feels like there are a lot of glitchy aspects to Carelogic that sometime get in your way. The reporting aspect is horrible unless you have a specific Report Writer or team that know code - Pentaho is NOT a user friendly system. Carelogic has much more to offer if you are in a position to purchase the add- ons. In its most basic form, the functionality can't be maximized. Also, depending on your implementation team, you may or may not know about features you can access - trying to discover or obtain those options/modules is very difficult.

Roy

rr CareLogic Review May 2019

Having an EHR is invaluable in this day and age and especially as we have multiple locations spread across Southeastern Colorado and the San Luis Valley. We no longer have to maintain large file rooms and paper charts. Now clinical staff in e.g. Alamosa can review the electronic record from e.g. our 3500 Baltimore facility, without traveling and without having to transport a paper chart. I like that we can access CareLogic from anywhere that has Internet access and we can also restrict this access. Submitting electronic claims directly from CareLogic is also a benefit. Overall I rate CareLogic very highly very satisfied with CareLogic and Qualifacts

Pros

. The capability of customizing forms . The stability of the system especially in light of the technological challenges that occur . The fully featured attributes it has everything from Administrative to Clinical to Billing to Accounting . I feel like the company Qualifacts stands apart from other EHR companies they really try to provide the best experience for their customers . I like how the claims process works we can submit claims directly from the system or we can download a batch file . The CareLogic user community is an invaluable resource . The interface with Pentaho Report Designer

Cons

. The steep (for me) learning curve . The errors that cannot be corrected such as duplicate client or wrong program . The outages that occur from time to time

Seth

A Good Decision

Overall, we are very happy with the software and plan to continue using it for the foreseeable future.

Pros

I like the ease of use. Every software has its own way to complete a workflow. Once you learn the “CareLogic” way, I find it very easy to solve problems and complete work assignments across our organization

Cons

The cost is very high compared with others on the market. Also, I find it sometimes takes too many steps to complete a backend customization. I am sure this helps with the customization capabilities, but can still be frustrating to go through so many steps

Reasons for switching to CareLogic Enterprise

MS Health software was found to be a poor software for our organization. The management team was unable to assist us and kept pushing us to pay $10,000 for their new software rather than keep our current one compliant with new laws.

Good but just short of great

Pros

CareLogic is at its best when used by a small to medium sized behavioral health agency offering outpatient services. It's user interface is relatively simple, and it offers tools for users to develop their own data entry forms, as well as to incorporate industry standard outcomes measurement tools. Also available are basic "canned" reporting, along with tools the user can use to develop their own reports. There is a large, active, and mutually supportive user community.

Cons

Qualifacts is trying to meet the growing needs of their existing user base, while also trying to expand their customer base into new markets. This has led to uneven quality of some newer features, and has also led to situations where new features are developed to meet very narrow requirements, without taking into consideration how a feature might be built or configured to meet the needs of a larger audience. This leads to a perception amongst some users, that new features are good, but not great, or are close to being usable, but not quite, depending on the needs on the ground. Large and/or complex organizations with commensurately more complicated reporting and billing requirements may face challenges. This is likely the case with most similar platforms, however.

Tom

Two Thumbs UP

As with all systems the build out and initial go live was very demanding as all staff had to be trained on how the system worked, System Administrators needed to learn how to manage "Real Life" situations, and anything that was not completed during setup had be done quickly. HOWEVER after a few months things started to calm down and then after about a year we were seeing vast improvements with all the users to the point were we are now with very few user and system issues.

Pros

Besides the ease to customize the system to our specific needs, I have found that the system is relatively easy to manage. In my experience the key is not to over-complicate a system with tons of rules. The way we built our system is very linear so that staff issues are kept to a minimum and training is not a big issue. I really appreciate the support both from Qualifacts and the other users. It is nice to have a software company continually investing in the improvement of their product.

Cons

I would like to have the ability to re-name or hide some of the fields within some of the Standard Modules of the system, such as the Demographics section. Qualifacts has done this within the New Treatment Plan but it would be nice if it was throughout the system. I am looking forward to having full access to our data so that we can generate better reports

susan

Industry: Mental Health Care

Functional and adequate to meet our needs

Overall I think Carelogic is a good system. You will be hard pressed to find the "perfect" system, but so far this has worked well for us. The support team at Carelogic is helpful as well and their response to problems or questions has improved quite a bit over that last year. I will say that we are satisfied so far with your system.

Pros

1. Our clinical staff find ease of use for booking appointments and using the correct documentation. 2. The reports that come with this system are helpful and provide needed information 3. It is easy to create forms that are needed 4. Setting up of activities and mapping them out is relatively easy after some training. 5. The upload and download of medicaid billing and payments has been hugely successful and increased our revenue. 6. Our psychiatrists have been using Dr. First and this has been huge for us. It took quite a bit of work with Carelogic to get it up and running, but once that happened it has been working very well for us.

Cons

1. The AR part of the system does not provide the best reports. We have learned to live with it and with some tweeking on our part have made it work. 2. The area where you create reports that you want is difficult and not very user friendly - we have struggled in this area.

Nikki

Carelogic Ocean of ever changing waves-2019

Very transparent- billing is very easier once setup "correctly"..

Pros

Ease of use and smarter than ME:) The setup of the service documents in a group container format is working great for my agency. The new eMAR product is built so great we are going paperless MAR in summer of 2019. The new TX plan with so many configurations and alerts are design with best practices in mind. The support team is always helpful to triage any situation and help resolve in a timely manner.

Cons

Pentaho slowness & down time was rough this year for my agency.

Great customer satisfaction.

Steven

Clinical interface works great for clinical staff. Ongoinsupport model leaves a lot to be desired.

Maximizing revenue

Pros

Ease of changing clinical forms. Ease of searching for clients and staff. Scheduling and finding availability for appointments. IMPACT library and potential.

Cons

The business model that goes from on site implementation to distance based support primarily through tickets and pushing out or new products. While the price point is low for organizations; Qualifacts should truly consider a regional manager or regional support model. THis would be more than holding regional user group meetings. This would involve an RM making calls to clients to discuss their needs and new products and roll outs and then checking in the system to make sure things are optimized.. At least quarterly visits as well for a day. Please consider this. Customer service and true engagement is where its at. We spoke a lot about patient engagement this conference but the Qualifacts model is not one of continued client engagement. I know many think it is as it has awesome components and community spaces but truly having a go to person for the region who checks in and cares is the way to do it. Anyway, we are working hard to translate all of the awesome features to our practice. Well done conference.

Christina

DIY System

We have had a good experience impacted by the staff turnover at Carelogic it took at least a year to fully understand the system

Pros

ease of configuring service documents to the operation's needs Access to libraries to enhance quality of service Ability to access anywhere in the USA and via different devices You can build it to meet workflows Resources in Community are very helpful

Cons

Not intuitive Reporting is limited, at times confusing and sometimes innacurate Training is great but when customized it can be expensive

Lisa

Industry: Mental Health Care

Carelogic is user-friendly for all levels of staff.

we are able to serve our clients better and integrate outcomes within their records, bill electronically, report to funders, collect data for MIPS, state reporting and use reports to educate our managers and staff.

Pros

l like to ease of use for staff to schedule clients and document in records and billing out for services. There are some nice options for face sheet, medications is pretty easy to use. Entry of client information is easy to do. I

Cons

Carelogic has taken a long time to improve the treatment plan and it should be more configurable and report view is not easy to read. Lab functionality does not pull in client informaiton from Carelogic (Insurance, Diagnosis) and staff have to double enter information every time order a lab. Qualifacts needs to have ability to merge clients as we have many duplicate and there is no way to combine them. we are unable to delete test clients. We also need a password reset function, Reporting is complicated for end users and need easier way for managers to pull reports,

Ann

Billing admin- needs search capabilties

The client charge is electronic and anybody across the agency at any location in the state can view (if they have privileges) the client's medical records or financial account. We needed this. Carelogic is helpful in solving what they can. But the program for Billing purposes has inherent flaws. I'm looking forward to seeing if they can improve on this as they overhaul the RCM side of Carelogic.

Pros

It is super customizable.. It is an Electronic Health Record. I like that they recently made it possible for us to run the claim engine for a client.

Cons

In the Activity to Procedure mapping, after 2 years of mapping, it would really be helpful is there was a search help find the needle in the haystack of mappings. Same with My Collections- why can't an client be searched to reduce what the staff member is viewing, rather that guess and clicking through pages of names to find a client with the last name of Matthews? Financial Snapshot- we need to be able to print something like this for our clients, when they need a complete statement of their account.

Reese

Working claims billing through carelogic

Overall it works pretty good. I think there needs to be more people who work at care logic who understand the needs of the billing side better. I have had to figure a lot of stuff out when I could not get answers from care logic people.

Pros

Once it is set up it most functions work good.

Cons

When we set up in 2012 the instructions and training we received from CareLogic were not very thorough. Setting up payer fee schedules we would be instructed how to set those up. Then Carelogic would look at it and say this isn't correct. I had to re map the fee schedules 4 times before getting it correct. There are several functions that do not work as well as stated by trainings. Mass adjustment is one of those functions that needs improvement. Claim rollups work minimally. If you follow instructions for setting them up, you have to be very specific. The instructions don't state that issue. I feel like Carelogic relies too much on the user communities to figure out how to learn and understand the workings of the system.

CareLogic Enterprise