• Pros

• "Easy to use. Configurable options. Billing is great"

• "I like the configurability. There are so many differences between different users and it is great that it is not a one size fits all. "

• "The Face Sheet is easy to navigate and reaches most of the major parts of the record without too many clicks and digging. "

• Cons

• "It freezes up frequently but other than that, it's a great software."

• "Carelogic configurations are good to have, however, would be very beneficial that all configurations do have the ability to be required if needed. That's my struggle. "

• "Some of the configurable forms have been somewhat difficult to put together and putting in soft tickets take some time for a response. Overall, really good."

Browse Qualifacts CareLogic Enterprise Reviews

Steve from Options Counseling and Family Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

CareLogic the best of the field

The best thing about Qualifacts is their customer service orientation. While not absolutely perfect over the seven years we've been customers, problems that arose have been addressed vigorously. The management of the company is interactive and engaged with their end users. Their mission is directly to further our work with clients, which I appreciate. EHR software has to live between the worlds of a fragmented healthcare system, the great variety of customer needs and programs, and federal and state regulations that are ever-changing. I have felt supported along the way to achieve the work of our agency by their focus on making that intersection easier. I highly recommend this platform.

Pros

CareLogic is easy for end users. The simple schedule-keep appointment-link to document-bill each day workflow works for clinicians. The billing is accurate, and we've never lost a bit of data. Reliability is very high, and has improved from already high service level reliability. Speed is good, and data is available.

Cons

The interface is dated compared to programs like Microsoft office or web sites like Gmail. There have been strides in the last two years in that the interface is now browser agnostic, running on platforms other than Microsoft IE. It was a tough change to implement, given some built-in data elements that relied on IE. Qualifacts stuck with the project, though, and achieved the goal.

Peter from Independence Center

Partnership and customer focused

We are able to create documents to meet our service line needs. We are able to access the data in order to do reporting and do organizational planning. CareLogic has been a very good partner for our organization and the services that we provide.

Pros

The software is highly configurable to meet your organizations needs. The implementation process was a collaboration between our organization and Qualifacts. There is a strong user community that acts as a resource but also as a learning collaborative for best practice and configuration. Qualifacts strives to be a partner with its customer base and commits to helping its customers to be successful.

Cons

Although the software is highly configurable to meet organizational needs, this customization is limiting in its ability to move data from organizational custom form to multiple uses of that form in your workflows.

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts CareLogic Enterprise

Although CareLogic cost more, the implementation process was very thorough. The level of training available to end users was very extensive and important for beginning something new.

Julianne from Connecticut Junior Republic

Industry: Mental Health Care

If you can afford the bells and whistles, Carelogic can be awesome

Our primary reason for working with Carelogic was to tighten compliance with billing regulations and to decrease time for clinicians on paperwork. However, we soon learned that we couldn't afford all the pieces that would maximize these goals. Also, although small, our agency has many very different types of programs and models. Carelogic doesn't fit them all, so at times i feels like it is much bigger than what we really need, but not flexible enough to be customized for different programs. There needs to be a dedicated support team for the ECR that is robust - reporting, IT, clinical, administrative, compliance, etc.

Pros

As an end user, there is logic behind the workflows that make using live with families much easier. The Carelogic Community is a wonderful addition to the support network for all levels of users. Qualifacts genuinely seems to want to hear ideas and feedback from its users. My team has learned a great deal at the conferences, as well.

Cons

It feels like there are a lot of glitchy aspects to Carelogic that sometime get in your way. The reporting aspect is horrible unless you have a specific Report Writer or team that know code - Pentaho is NOT a user friendly system. Carelogic has much more to offer if you are in a position to purchase the add- ons. In its most basic form, the functionality can't be maximized. Also, depending on your implementation team, you may or may not know about features you can access - trying to discover or obtain those options/modules is very difficult.

Heidi from Positive Leaps

Industry: Mental Health Care

Helpful once you figured it out....

Carelogic took quite some time to figure out, but was fairly helpful once I had been using it for a month or two. Compared with other similar software I have utilized in other businesses, it was definitely better organized. However, even after working with it for over year, occasionally I would come across an issue while trying to document something that I could not figure out, nor could any of my co-workers. Overall, I would use this product again, but i would make sure to keep the customer-service contact close-at-hand.

Pros

Carelogic does a good job meeting the extensive requirements for documentation that mental health professionals must maintain on a daily basis on each of their clients. It assists with scheduling and tracking client appointments, and it's search option for various client documents it easy to use. On several occasions when I have had issues figuring out how to access a client's past file, Carelogic customer service was prompt in responding to emails about an issue.

Cons

My least favorite feature is that it (for whatever reason) did not do a good job tracking past clients and it was very difficult to search for past client documentation unless you remembered the exact name of the client. I had so many client on my caseload during the 15-16 months that I used this program, it was difficult to remember names and dates. I felt like there should have been a way to search for EVERY file with a particular clinician's signature. Also, trying to add an new admission for a previous client was a mess!

James from Pathways 4 Youth

Keeping Clients Data Private

Overall the experience with CareLogic has been great. We will continue to find new uses and features to enhance our programs!

Pros

CareLogic for us has been great! We used this program now for the last few years and have found so many different uses for what we need. We love the fact that we can pull great data from the system in report form and be able to submit those directly for grants. Another things we love is the ability to have supervisors access their staff's clients to insure arcuate data entry!

Cons

The only thing that our program would benefit from is a way to create documents that are a little less medical field data entry. However, we have worked with CareLogic and our IT team and have found some great ways to fulfill our needs in our program!

Great but room for improvement

Pros

You are able to customize the software to meet your organizations needs.

Cons

Implementation was painful and if certain product features were explained differently in how one function affected another it could have been a smoother process. CareLogic is expensive and the rates continue to increase, the big corporation continues to grow and report record earnings at the expense of their customers. There are additional features that a small non-profits can't afford but need for reporting purposes.

luke from Catholic Community Services of Western Washington

Industry: Mental Health Care

It is easy to use, but sometimes not.

Overall it is a great tool.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the software practically guides you in the direction you need to go when you are entering in clients and documents. You know where everything should be, and if you have never used a certain document or module you can easily guess where to look to find it.

Cons

It is a bit difficult to fix errors. If i have a clinician that needs to error out or fix something in an activity there are a few steps I need to take before I can go in make the changes needed, it is great that it locks stuff down, but at times it makes it difficult. for example if I need to fix a payer that has activity attached to it I need to go and find all the activities attached and reverse them before I can make certain changes.

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts CareLogic Enterprise

We went with CareLogic because we felt it met more of our requirements for our end users

Christina from Rising Ground

DIY System

We have had a good experience impacted by the staff turnover at Carelogic it took at least a year to fully understand the system

Pros

ease of configuring service documents to the operation's needs Access to libraries to enhance quality of service Ability to access anywhere in the USA and via different devices You can build it to meet workflows Resources in Community are very helpful

Cons

Not intuitive Reporting is limited, at times confusing and sometimes innacurate Training is great but when customized it can be expensive

Ann from Lifeline Connections

Billing admin- needs search capabilties

The client charge is electronic and anybody across the agency at any location in the state can view (if they have privileges) the client's medical records or financial account. We needed this. Carelogic is helpful in solving what they can. But the program for Billing purposes has inherent flaws. I'm looking forward to seeing if they can improve on this as they overhaul the RCM side of Carelogic.

Pros

It is super customizable.. It is an Electronic Health Record. I like that they recently made it possible for us to run the claim engine for a client.

Cons

In the Activity to Procedure mapping, after 2 years of mapping, it would really be helpful is there was a search help find the needle in the haystack of mappings. Same with My Collections- why can't an client be searched to reduce what the staff member is viewing, rather that guess and clicking through pages of names to find a client with the last name of Matthews? Financial Snapshot- we need to be able to print something like this for our clients, when they need a complete statement of their account.

Cam from Zumbro Valley Health Center

Industry: Mental Health Care

Carelogic is a decent EMR, however there is a lot to be desired.

Pros

Carelogic is for the most part easy to use, it does have decent functionality. Seems to cover all out basis ok.

Cons

Carelogic need to work more on the reporting aspect, as well as get real dashboards. What they have now are usless.

May 2014

John from Family & Community Services, Inc.

May 2014

Highly customizable; powerful reporting features

Pros

Qualifacts is highly responsive to customers' needs. They offer frequent webinars, a customer support website, and a support ticket system. CareLogic customers have also formed user-led groups which meet quarterly to discuss system use, new features, etc.. This helps customers take advantage of massive changes in the healthcare field and Qualifacts' constant efforts at providing more powerful features. Qualifacts has a yearly conference, which is a great opportunity to learn about features directly from Qualifacts’ staff. I have attended twice and learned a great deal of new information each time. CareLogic is highly customizable. You can create and modify forms and reports to fit any type of behavioral health program. The program comes with many options already configured, but there are limitless ways to tailor the EHR to you specific needs. Users who are familiar with Structured Query Language (SQL) can create customized reports to meet nearly any business need. In addition to the ability to program reports, CareLogic comes loaded with dozens of reports for a variety of needs. CareLogic has features to handle every step in the client/patient process, from initial phone call to discharge. It also has many features to track and manage employee data.

Cons

It's not a "pretty" system. I have seen EHRs which look fancier and appear to be more user-friendly. It does not yet support multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, etc.). It has to be run only on Internet Explorer. It can experience varying degrees of system slowness, especially when e-prescribing, throughout the day. I don't believe this is unique to Qualifacts, however - you are at the mercy of your internal network and internet service provider in addition to any speed issues CareLogic may actually have.

Overall very good and highly customizable EHR, reporting can be an issue for non-IT staff

Pros

This is fairly intuitive software, with normal learning curve for an average user. There are lot of options to customize system to fit your needs. Designing forms is easy and there are lot of pre-configured forms and reports. Qualifacts community is a good source to ask questions and look for the help. Qualifacts Support is very responsive and most of the issues get resolved fast. Pre-built reports in Carelogic are great, however they can be better. For example multiple selection option for report filters is missing. Sometimes I just need to run report for 4 or 5 organizations or programs at once, but I can only do either one or all at the same time. And for the reports I designed in Pentaho I was able to implement multiple selection, so it is possible to do it.

Cons

Most of the training videos need update. There are some videos where you can barely see what is on the screen due to the very low resolution. Some of the videos are just too long (2+hr) and they should be separated in smaller segments. Pentaho (used for reporting ) is very complex system and in my opinion there is not enough training videos in the Qualifacts community. Especially for advanced reports and analytics that use functions and formulas. This can be a nightmare for someone without prior SQL experience, and overall I just think there are no enough resources online for Pentaho. "Pentaho 5.0 Reporting by Example: Beginner’s Guide" book was huge help to me. Also when deploying multiple versions of the same form, it creates new tables in the database and this means that all of the custom reports using that configurable form have to be made again if that particular configurable form was edited.

Roy from Crossroads' Turning Points, Inc.

rr CareLogic Review May 2019

Having an EHR is invaluable in this day and age and especially as we have multiple locations spread across Southeastern Colorado and the San Luis Valley. We no longer have to maintain large file rooms and paper charts. Now clinical staff in e.g. Alamosa can review the electronic record from e.g. our 3500 Baltimore facility, without traveling and without having to transport a paper chart. I like that we can access CareLogic from anywhere that has Internet access and we can also restrict this access. Submitting electronic claims directly from CareLogic is also a benefit. Overall I rate CareLogic very highly very satisfied with CareLogic and Qualifacts

Pros

. The capability of customizing forms . The stability of the system especially in light of the technological challenges that occur . The fully featured attributes it has everything from Administrative to Clinical to Billing to Accounting . I feel like the company Qualifacts stands apart from other EHR companies they really try to provide the best experience for their customers . I like how the claims process works we can submit claims directly from the system or we can download a batch file . The CareLogic user community is an invaluable resource . The interface with Pentaho Report Designer

Cons

. The steep (for me) learning curve . The errors that cannot be corrected such as duplicate client or wrong program . The outages that occur from time to time

Seth from Jewish Family Service of Central New Jersey

A Good Decision

Overall, we are very happy with the software and plan to continue using it for the foreseeable future.

Pros

I like the ease of use. Every software has its own way to complete a workflow. Once you learn the “CareLogic” way, I find it very easy to solve problems and complete work assignments across our organization

Cons

The cost is very high compared with others on the market. Also, I find it sometimes takes too many steps to complete a backend customization. I am sure this helps with the customization capabilities, but can still be frustrating to go through so many steps

John from Behavioral Health Network, Inc.

Good but just short of great

Pros

CareLogic is at its best when used by a small to medium sized behavioral health agency offering outpatient services. It's user interface is relatively simple, and it offers tools for users to develop their own data entry forms, as well as to incorporate industry standard outcomes measurement tools. Also available are basic "canned" reporting, along with tools the user can use to develop their own reports. There is a large, active, and mutually supportive user community.

Cons

Qualifacts is trying to meet the growing needs of their existing user base, while also trying to expand their customer base into new markets. This has led to uneven quality of some newer features, and has also led to situations where new features are developed to meet very narrow requirements, without taking into consideration how a feature might be built or configured to meet the needs of a larger audience. This leads to a perception amongst some users, that new features are good, but not great, or are close to being usable, but not quite, depending on the needs on the ground. Large and/or complex organizations with commensurately more complicated reporting and billing requirements may face challenges. This is likely the case with most similar platforms, however.

Tom from Healthcare Alternative Systems

Two Thumbs UP

As with all systems the build out and initial go live was very demanding as all staff had to be trained on how the system worked, System Administrators needed to learn how to manage "Real Life" situations, and anything that was not completed during setup had be done quickly. HOWEVER after a few months things started to calm down and then after about a year we were seeing vast improvements with all the users to the point were we are now with very few user and system issues.

Pros

Besides the ease to customize the system to our specific needs, I have found that the system is relatively easy to manage. In my experience the key is not to over-complicate a system with tons of rules. The way we built our system is very linear so that staff issues are kept to a minimum and training is not a big issue. I really appreciate the support both from Qualifacts and the other users. It is nice to have a software company continually investing in the improvement of their product.

Cons

I would like to have the ability to re-name or hide some of the fields within some of the Standard Modules of the system, such as the Demographics section. Qualifacts has done this within the New Treatment Plan but it would be nice if it was throughout the system. I am looking forward to having full access to our data so that we can generate better reports

susan from Child Guidance Clinic for Central CT

Industry: Mental Health Care

Functional and adequate to meet our needs

Overall I think Carelogic is a good system. You will be hard pressed to find the "perfect" system, but so far this has worked well for us. The support team at Carelogic is helpful as well and their response to problems or questions has improved quite a bit over that last year. I will say that we are satisfied so far with your system.

Pros

1. Our clinical staff find ease of use for booking appointments and using the correct documentation. 2. The reports that come with this system are helpful and provide needed information 3. It is easy to create forms that are needed 4. Setting up of activities and mapping them out is relatively easy after some training. 5. The upload and download of medicaid billing and payments has been hugely successful and increased our revenue. 6. Our psychiatrists have been using Dr. First and this has been huge for us. It took quite a bit of work with Carelogic to get it up and running, but once that happened it has been working very well for us.

Cons

1. The AR part of the system does not provide the best reports. We have learned to live with it and with some tweeking on our part have made it work. 2. The area where you create reports that you want is difficult and not very user friendly - we have struggled in this area.

Nikki from Bonnie Brae Residential Treatment Center

Carelogic Ocean of ever changing waves-2019

Very transparent- billing is very easier once setup "correctly"..

Pros

Ease of use and smarter than ME:) The setup of the service documents in a group container format is working great for my agency. The new eMAR product is built so great we are going paperless MAR in summer of 2019. The new TX plan with so many configurations and alerts are design with best practices in mind. The support team is always helpful to triage any situation and help resolve in a timely manner.

Cons

Pentaho slowness & down time was rough this year for my agency.

Great customer satisfaction.

Steven from Bleuler Psychotherapy Center

Clinical interface works great for clinical staff. Ongoinsupport model leaves a lot to be desired.

Maximizing revenue

Pros

Ease of changing clinical forms. Ease of searching for clients and staff. Scheduling and finding availability for appointments. IMPACT library and potential.

Cons

The business model that goes from on site implementation to distance based support primarily through tickets and pushing out or new products. While the price point is low for organizations; Qualifacts should truly consider a regional manager or regional support model. THis would be more than holding regional user group meetings. This would involve an RM making calls to clients to discuss their needs and new products and roll outs and then checking in the system to make sure things are optimized.. At least quarterly visits as well for a day. Please consider this. Customer service and true engagement is where its at. We spoke a lot about patient engagement this conference but the Qualifacts model is not one of continued client engagement. I know many think it is as it has awesome components and community spaces but truly having a go to person for the region who checks in and cares is the way to do it. Anyway, we are working hard to translate all of the awesome features to our practice. Well done conference.

Lisa from CMHA

Industry: Mental Health Care

Carelogic is user-friendly for all levels of staff.

we are able to serve our clients better and integrate outcomes within their records, bill electronically, report to funders, collect data for MIPS, state reporting and use reports to educate our managers and staff.

Pros

l like to ease of use for staff to schedule clients and document in records and billing out for services. There are some nice options for face sheet, medications is pretty easy to use. Entry of client information is easy to do. I

Cons

Carelogic has taken a long time to improve the treatment plan and it should be more configurable and report view is not easy to read. Lab functionality does not pull in client informaiton from Carelogic (Insurance, Diagnosis) and staff have to double enter information every time order a lab. Qualifacts needs to have ability to merge clients as we have many duplicate and there is no way to combine them. we are unable to delete test clients. We also need a password reset function, Reporting is complicated for end users and need easier way for managers to pull reports,

Reese from Center for Family Development

Working claims billing through carelogic

Overall it works pretty good. I think there needs to be more people who work at care logic who understand the needs of the billing side better. I have had to figure a lot of stuff out when I could not get answers from care logic people.

Pros

Once it is set up it most functions work good.

Cons

When we set up in 2012 the instructions and training we received from CareLogic were not very thorough. Setting up payer fee schedules we would be instructed how to set those up. Then Carelogic would look at it and say this isn't correct. I had to re map the fee schedules 4 times before getting it correct. There are several functions that do not work as well as stated by trainings. Mass adjustment is one of those functions that needs improvement. Claim rollups work minimally. If you follow instructions for setting them up, you have to be very specific. The instructions don't state that issue. I feel like Carelogic relies too much on the user communities to figure out how to learn and understand the workings of the system.

Kristina from CGC central CT

easy to learn

We are able to monitor client appointments and attendance. We can easily look for errors in billing and make corrections in documentation. The ability for supervisors to "reject" a document allows for errors to be fixed easily. It is quick to learn the minimal basic functions and there is some adaptability and flexibility to be able to fit it to specific program needs. The reports functions could be improved but overall the reports have been useful.

Pros

The program is easy to learn and easy to use. We have a number of interns who work at our office every year and they are able to pick it up quickly and use it on a regular basis to complete their work, even with only basic computer knowledge, it is easy to learn. While initial use is easy, mastering it is more difficult. There are a number of report options that could be useful, but require more practice.

Cons

The reports functions often do not show what we need or are difficult to use. There is more data that we would like to be able to track that is not part of the canned reports.

Wayne from Legacy Treatment Services

Most Flexible EHR

Pros

The configurable form concept which allows you to create a document path and customize with business rules to fit just about any use case was a great idea. It's so flexible that we have consulted for other companies to show them how they can adapt their processes to be captured within Carelogic's enterprise.

Cons

The weakest link for this platform has been the reporting side. It was bare minimum and did not scale well with the success of the Carelogic Platform. They just outgrew it. There is a new architecture in place now, state of the art, which now supplies full BI data tool integration, or custom application interface via ODBC/JDBC to a HIVE backend. That will allow them to continue growing, improving without limiting their data side to customers.

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts CareLogic Enterprise

I was not present at this point of our transformation, but I believe it was the price per user and system capabilities which won the vote.

CareLogic

Very good service upfront but once implementation is completed the customer service is lacking. As a whole it is a good product and I believe we made a good choice. There a lot of improvements needed but that is true of all EHR products on the market as standards and practices are rapidly changing in this field.

Pros

This is an easy to use electronic health record that lends itself to behavioral health services. Generally the end users all agree that it is user friendly. The training to get a clinician ready to provide care and effectively document services is fairly easy and allows even new staff to start working with consumers quickly.

Cons

The reporting features are limited in nature. There are lots of "canned" reports but most of them are of no value. The response to problems from the customer support side is this biggest challenge.

Cost and functionality.

Karen from St. Joseph Orphanage

Behavioral Health Software as a Service with a Strong Customer Community

Thanks to CareLogic Enterprise we've been able to navigate the move to a new payment model for our state and still managed to get paid for our services. Qualifacts is always willing to show us how to do something - they'll get on a call, have a video we can watch, reach out to us on their community portal, and they don't charge us for that customer support!

Pros

I love their form builder - it's flexible for our needs, and allows us to create custom forms that we can then pull data from for reporting. I also love the strong customer community - where customers go to share and help each other with everything about the software. It's a moderated community, but customers are free to exchange ideas and help each other with whatever they need.

Cons

The permissions/privileging/security module could be more robust. The billing portion requires a lot of time to set up (lots of screens, many moving parts). It's nice for the end user, but a lot of work for the admins setting it up.

Barb from Barber National Institute

Industry: Individual & Family Services

CareLogic by Qualifacts

Overall our experience has been good, although not without issues. Poor response time in reporting has been an ongoing problem since 2010 and has improved only marginally at best. However, ease of use and flexibility in implementation are big plusses. We have a wide range of programs serving all ages from cradle to grave, so flexibility is important for us.

Pros

The Scheduling aspect of CareLogic works well. Documentation writing is also fairly easy and easy to customize with our own templates based on compliance requirements and quality of care guidelines. The IMPACT tool is very useful given the emphasis on data driven treatment plans and modalities.

Cons

Form design abilities are somewhat limited. Reporting is quite problematic from a performance perspective, both canned and custom reports. Response from Support is somewhat slow and often the first tier analysts have insufficient experience and system knowledge to understand and resolve complex issues.

Jennifer from Branford Counseling Center

An acceptable EHR

CareLogic is the EHR (electronic health record) system that my company went live with in 2016. As the Project Manager and primary System Administrator I know a great deal about what the system is capable of and, unfortunately, it leaves me less than fully satisfied. I wish I had more control over more parts of the "back-end" of the system (e.g., available configurations, field dictionaries and tables, etc.), but CareLogic keeps those locked down pretty tightly. Gets the day-to-day job done though.

Pros

I like the customization of a lot of the aspects of the software, although not all. It is a good balance of a scheduling and billing software and is relatively user-friendly. The ability to link to some other third-party software (like Dr. First) is also a benefit.

Cons

The reporting functionalities leave a great deal to be desired. Very limited in terms of what parameters are available and can be very slow depending on the amount of data you are pulling.

Maxmillion from Catholic Charities

Critical View

Improving every day.

Pros

I an new to Carelogic and have experience with development in other EMR. So from my perspective there is just fundamental Architecture problems that may not have been considered or address in the early year of the product. Because of these restrictions what I would think would be customization has inert restriction that can not be changed. This changes the way I approach problem solving and implementations. My wish would be for a more open development features with the CF. Now it is very set with very little logic. To open this up as many options as possible would be great. I do understand about resource management and know their are physical Human restriction on what can happen. On the bright side QF/CL is looking to the Future and the changes in reporting is my job security. I am hoping for the best outcome and preparing for other outcomes.

Cons

Customization is limited. Analytics/ reporting has limited tech resources.

David from Georgia HOPE

Industry: Mental Health Care

CareLogic: the best of many worlds

Overall CareLogic is a software solution which meets very well both our billing and medical records needs. We wanted a solution over which we had significant control with a robust feature set that would grow with our growing company. To date we have not exhausted CareLogic's capabilities and look forward to using it well into the future.

Pros

CareLogic has a very flexible back-end infrastructure which is customizable for the vast majority of our electronic medical records needs. It is also versatile in that it provided billing and reporting capabilities which assist to assist us to be fiscally responsible as well as track the needs of our clients and staff.

Cons

Due to the robust nature of features which can be built in to documents and reports this process can be sometimes be overly complex and challenging. However, the time spent is typically worth the result.

Samone from LSSI

Learn it to love it

Carelogic is a system that you have to invest your time in understanding the logic and flow of using it. Once you know how it thinks, you can logic your way to predict/gauge how and why the system "behaves" the way it does, and therefore how to troubleshoot for it as a system admin. Through the last 2 years in this role, I've learn that there is always more to learn about Carelogic, and that it has it's limits at this time.

Pros

I like that there are a ton of ways to do some of the same things so people have options. I also like certain flexibilities it has to configure the system to your needs.

Cons

Not always the most flexible platform to achieve our user's needs, but always workarounds to get close to the desired affect. not the most intuitive software to learn for users. There seem to be limitations to the system that may make it hard to meet every service line's needs

Carelogic

Like the system very much, problems in last year with stability have been resolved in last several months, ability to customize is good feature, but some of the built-in business rules are limiting.

Pros

Easy to use, all of record in one place (not partially on paper and other parts in EMR). Clinical forms can be customized for different programs as well as sites with specific needs.

Cons

Treatment plans and Treatment plan reviews - very restrictive with timeframes that do not meet all needs. Trainings is extensive and often needs repeating. Dr. First interface is outside of the EMR and does integrate well at times. Getting responses from support can take weeks or months and then there may need to be a back and forth to really fix. System was quite unstable for several months, but has been more reliable in last several month.

Nathalie from CPNJ

Carelogic Enterprise review

Carelogic Enterprise is a great software to use for keeping attendance ,writing notes ,run analytics reports ,run financial report , uploading documents ,we can archive reports as welletc There are more and more stuff that we can use it for.

Pros

This software is user friendly ,meaning it is not hard to use and also I like the fact we can customize.We can apply privileges where the tabs can be blocked for others if they do not have to input information on it.The software is great we can use it to run reports has a great way for analysis .Overall I think it is a great software to use and also it is secure . This software helped save the trees as well because you can upload documents on it to save. The software is really manageable.

Cons

sometimes it is down but can be fixed by calling them .

Pam from The Recovery Council

CareLogic has been a perfect fit for our behavioral healthcare organization

Improved ability to monitor staff performance and productivity; improved ability to evaluate if clients are receiving appropriate intensity of services; improved ability to navigate the ever-changing BH world / managed care world in Ohio

Pros

CL has been a good fit for a diverse staff with varying degrees of experience and professional maturity. It lends itself well to individualization of forms and processes. It has features that make life in this complex BH world easier to navigate. We have yet to examine the full capabilities! We have a skilled report writer who is able to write reports to pull the exact information we need.

Cons

The treatment plan module is cumbersome. There are some new updates that we will be exploring and hope they address some of the clunkiness!

Anne from LRADAC

Some good points, some not so good!

During the vendor selection process, the sales reps gave the impression the software had a lot more flexibility than it does. The reporting/extracting data has been an issue since we began using the software and continues today. There are limitations in the security since you can block access but not down to a singular item. The configurable forms are a plus however extracting the data from them is nearly impossible. The software has some good points, however in the setup, we were not fully informed of some of the limitations.

Pros

Once you are trained in its use, the flow in the ECR comes with ease. Good tracking and reporting of billing.

Cons

Reporting/Extracting data.

Response from Teresa

Replied April 2017

Hi Anne, thank you for your feedback. We hope the Reporting Stabilization project this year has resulted in more predictable reporting and extract of data for your agency. We’re also building on the ease for reporting against data from configurable forms (specifically around multiple instances of a document). And while our privileging in all cases is not available down to every field currently, we’ll certainly review that request with our Product team for future roadmap consideration. We made significant investments in 2016 around customer service and product that we believe will improve your experience. We appreciate you as our customer and are here to help, so we’d love your perspective on any additional areas on which we can focus specific to your agency and/or the entire CareLogic community. As always, you can reach us through the support desk or during the weekly status calls to make sure we’re addressing your needs. Thank you, your Qualifacts team.

Christopher from BHN

Industry: Mental Health Care

Sometimes glitchy and limiting, but otherwise a robust set of tools.

As an EHR, I wouldn't give it an immediate green light for another mental health facility, but I would definitely include it as an option to compare with others.

Pros

It is flexible and powerful. Built-in billing functionality. Flexible form design by administrators with some limitations.

Cons

It is often glitchy. Defect repair at times can be slow and sometimes support returns with a "working as intended" reply to things that are either potential compliance issues or clear compliance issues which require pushing for escalation. But let's be clear, they have 50 states with a myriad of regulations to be compliant with. You sometimes really have to push hard for major fixes and prove to them there is a problem. They are usually responsive once they are engaged in defect repair, however. It's not always clear why certain design choices are made and documentation could be better but is improving.

Lynne from Living Hope Southeast, LLC

Very thorough documentation

Our new representative is very forthcoming and answers questions via email quickly. Putting in a help desk ticket can get a very quick response, but it also may not get a response for a while.

Pros

CareLogic is very thorough in what it expects and requires for each client. It is pretty reliable and sends notifications quickly when it is down or when maintenance is scheduled.

Cons

Every change can cost the user monetarily. The software has so much involved that it can be difficult to set up new configurable forms, and there is no way to delete or "hide" forms that are no longer used. The canned reports may not give the results needed, so either have to pay to get a custom report or build your own report.

Initial installation cost.

Rachel from Boys and Girls Village

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Carelogic - outcomes

Pros

I like the recent enhancements to the treatment plan module, making it much easier for staff to collaborate with clients to establish goals and objectives. The ability to integrate the IMPACT assessment module directly into the treatment planning process is fantastic.

Cons

After having the software for a few years, there is no way to 'clean up' unused lists and forms. Additionally, reporting/pulling data out of the system can be complicated since reports are often 'built on' forms and whenever a form is updated, the report needs to be updated. Companies really need to have staff dedicated/knowledgeable about Pentaho/SQL, which is sometimes out of the budget for smaller organizations.

Carelogic Enterprise Software Review

Pros

The setup is very convenient, you can access a lot of data very quickly. You have a great degree of control on how your menus are configured and set up. You also have a great amount of ability to restrict and limit access to specific employees, specific programs or specific employee groups. You have the ability to write very fluid and very powerful reports using ORACLE.

Cons

The reporting platform is very antiquated and unable to give output or support most of our reports, meaning we have to run very large data queries in small batches, and that takes up a lot of analyst time. There is no administrator log to track which employees did which actions in the Carelogic system.

Heather from OCMHS

Good for the most part

It is more geared toward social services, but works sometimes for nursing documentation. I would like to have more modules designed for nurses.

Pros

It is pretty user friendly once you learn how to use it. I like that it can be accessed from more than one computer. I like that you can enter info and as long as you hit "submit" it will save and you can go back later and edit before you sign if needed.

Cons

Seems to be "errors" or downtime more than would like. I sometimes have trouble logging into DrFirst from the "manage medications" tab in medication management. I can't open two screens in chrome, which means I have to toggle back and forth to find information I want to copy from one place to another.

Michelle from Central Kansas Foundation

Carelogic Review

Pros

We have been live with Carelogic now for a little over 4 years. Once you get an understanding of the system, it is fairly easy to use. The scheduler is a great feature that allows us to track all appointment, per clinician on a daily basis. It allows for us to easily send clean claims out the door. It also has the nice feature of alerts to help remind the staff of appointments not marked kept or documents that need to be signed.

Cons

Carelogic has a lot of downtime or latency issues. They are also not the most up to date software product out there. There is no options to merge a client, which is very time consuming when you have to fix a clients file.

Fits our needs and highly configurable.

Pros

We get to create our own forms that fit the needs of our agency. Most things tie together pretty well. Relatively easy to train new staff to use the system. The staff are all very nice and willing to help.

Cons

Promised features take a long time (years) to come in to operation. There are a lot of clicks to go through to get where you need to go, and there is no breadcrumb trail to take you back to where you were if you click something accidentally. The additional features all have additional costs instead of being all inclusive. It seems like the newest staff people (who have the least experience with the system) are the ones assigned to the help center.

September 2014

Michael from Cobb and Douglas County Behavioral Health - Georgia

2.5

1.5

September 2014

Fair - 3rd EHR I've used since 2005 as clinician and Medical Director

Pros

There are some fairly simple and straightforward templates for psychiatric and specialty mental health services in the software.

Cons

Even with a great internet connection, users can be typing for a period of time and lose notes, because the system crashes on the Qualifacts/CareLogic end. This happens more than occasionally, so we have to hit Submit to save our partially written notes quite often. I'm both a clinician and administrator, with a 12 year history of being a medical director and experience implementing three different EHRs in different clinics. I also see patients, work out in the field on an ACT Team with the homeless, and have done everything from that on up to training staff. This EHR is very clunky. The interface is not user-friendly, and it takes an unnecessary number of clicks to get even very simple documents into writing. Also, it is only accessible by using PCs with Internet Explorer. In my experience, IE is widely considered inferior and slower than Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and other products. The way the EHR is set up is not like a medical record, which should read from beginning to end in a clear, chronological order with reference from one chart section to another quickly. This feature can and will save lives. But the setup in this system is more like different clinicians, each having their own records. It takes too long to reference others' notes and then get back into the body of your own note. There are glaring omissions in the psychiatric assessment - things that would fail a typical medical student write up, let alone resident or post graduate. For example, there is no field in the ACT Team psychiatric assessment for past medical history, past family history, allergies, alcohol and substance use history, or social history. It might work okay for poorly trained psychiatrists that do not document these minimum fields in their initial assessments. But if you want to provide good, quality, evidence-based care using the recovery model, bio-psycho-social model and collaborative documentation, it is not possible with this software. It does not have customizable fields for certain treatment teams or specialized services. I recently finished an initial evaluation and tried ordering labs with the software. I soon realized that each specific lab I ordered would require a lot of clicks and diagnostic codes, all of which could be handled by the simple v58.69 code - metabolic or other medication related side effects. There are other examples as well.

Marcus from Catholic Community Services

CareLogic Review

We are solving the need to have real time data for the company by having everything electronic and accessible remotely. Improves the quality of care our clinicians give our families since they have to worry less about paperwork and can focus more on the client.

Pros

I really like the fact that our clinicians can now remotely and electronically do all of their work so they do not have the hassle of coming back and forth to the office to drop off paperwork.

Cons

I do not like the structure of the configurable forms for reporting, it is very difficult to manage having to change reports every time a new version of the document is created.

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts CareLogic Enterprise

The ability to customize the system is very big for us since we are very non-traditional. Avatar did not offer this. Also the growth of the company appears to be natural instead of buying out companies like Netsmart does.

Crissie from Lutheran Social Services of Illinois

Great customer engagement!

Generally, a good product. Clinicians are happy with it. RCM has shortcomings however they company is working to address these.

Pros

One of Qualifacts' key strengths is their promotion and facilitation of customers' engaging one with another. Over the years the company has built and fostered activities that allow customers to learn from each other and connect easily to inquire about and share how they're managing the challenges that are common.

Cons

We sometimes run into challenges with functionality that is about 80% there but the last 20% of the functionality comes up short for our business need. This can rule out our use of the particular functionality.

Susan from New Directions/Crossroads

Easy Day to Day Use

Pros

Once set up to your organization, the day to day use by clinical staff is simple and easy. We have found that there are many features that are intuitive and easy taught to others. Addition of new features by Qualifacts and staying on top of changes in our State have made it well worth our time, energy and money.

Cons

Occasional slowness in rolling out "new" or "updated" items.

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts CareLogic Enterprise

CareLogic and Qualifacts had a significant number of users in the State and in turn familiarity with the needs for billing and reporting. Additionally - during demos the ease of use was apparent.

Camille from Austin Recovery, Inc.

First in Texas

Training in the Qualifacts Nashville office is GREAT and highly recommended. The software works if you set it up with the end game in mind.

Pros

It is comparable to other EHR systems of its size in most cases. We need the medical billing component and it can process claims.The support issue has gotten much better over the past year or two.

Cons

If you set it up incorrectly, you are in worlds of trouble. Implementation follow-thru was inconsistent and support was extremely delated for our first two years of use. It is hard to find the right person to talk to when you have a major software issue. The medical chart component needs more development.

Aaron from Volunteer Behavioral Health

We have been customers for a long time and I would say that CareLogic meets about 80% of our needs.

Data accessibility and ease of implementation/technological access.

Pros

It is easy to learn and has high dependability. We make good use of the reporting tools provided with the system. I appreciate the mobility of the system in that you only need internet access to run the application. We are also happy that the system is available on multiple browsers now.

Cons

Some of the billing workflows can be difficult or not optimized. We frequently find data issues that we have to have reported to support to be corrected. We have also experienced problems related to signature pads and the software drivers with cross browser.

Gregory from Places for People

Carelogic - PfP

Pros

Layout is quite good. Menu driven customization is also quite efficient and effective. Customer responsiveness has improved over the last 3-4 years.

Cons

Accuracy of data is somewhat suspect due to lack of sufficient audit-trail. Financial (commonly referred to as "back office") capabilities are very sub-standard. Rather than being handled as a supplemental add-on, the financial aspects are critical for effective utilization. There has to be more recognition that the healthcare services being conducted and documented are not performed in a vacuum. Financial integration (front-to-back) needs great deal of improvement.

Debbie from North Central Missouri Mental Health Center

CareLogic review

I can not tell how many clients I have with a particular diagnosis. This is one of the most common questions. Why can't I get the measures at a click, that I need for grants/state requirements.

Pros

The basic software is easy to navigate. It is web based. I can create my own configurable forms. I can communicate with staff over 9 counties.

Cons

There is no one to talk to when you need to know how to gather data or print reports. The CareLogic staff were not willing to be at state meetings when we were designing required data measurements.

Reasons for Choosing Qualifacts CareLogic Enterprise

It is mental health oriented.

Duaha from Amherst H. Wilder Foundation

CareLogic Review

Overall it does what it needs to do. If it can't do something we usually find a way to customize it to fit our program needs.

Pros

I like that we're able to configure forms to fit our program needs. I also like the favorites menu. With all the submenus, it can get overwhelming, but the favorites definitely helps the navigation of things.

Cons

Outside of CareLogic, I would like Qualifacts to update their documents more often in the community portal. When I joined the team last April a lot of the documents I found were outdated and inaccurate. As for CareLogic, it would be nice if we could customize the program management module. Instead of a primary staff transfer, maybe have staff transfer. A good example on when that would be used is if a staff is leaving the foundation and needs to transfer their caseload over to their replacement. End dating the relationship does not have information on why the relationship has ended.