• Pros

• "Easy to use , great graphics and looks very professional."

• "It’s easy to use mostly. The graphics are nice and the features are great for the money."

• "its easy to use. If i cant figure it out , they answer all my questions or they actually do it for me.:)"

• Cons

• "My only complaint, and it isn't really a complaint, is that they had a little bit more upscale web design templates. Some seem a little outdated. "

• "It looks a little bit antiquated and outdated, it also in my option isn't very user friendly. It's a bit easy to work with but I think it could be a bit more user friendly."

• "In the past it wasn’t compatible with some devices, but now they have worked hard on making this better. "

Browse SalonBuilder Reviews

Linda from Natural Balance Massage and Wellness Center

Excellent Web Hosting, Marketing and Management

I have been a Salonbuilder member for approximately 19 years and overall, my experience with their team and their services has been excellent. They continue to grow their systems and do so at affordable rates.

Pros

Salonbuilder allows users to create their own online presence in a very creative way, with a wide variety of customizable tools. It also allows for self-management of their website and other aspects of branding and marketing. I also find that working with the technology team at Salonbuilder is one of the best aspects of this company. They go to great lengths to accommodate their clients and provide customized attention.

Cons

There are aspects of the software that can be limiting, due to some of the constraints of working within certain templates. That said, however, the developers are continually updating and upgrading their software to increase its flexibility for the end user, and due to custom options, they have created many features that bypass the standard templates and which work for those who want to create a unique presence. The only other con is that some of the templates, photos, e-marketing features, etc., are somewhat still more salon-oriented, as opposed to the wider gamut of sub-categories within the salon/spa/wellness/health/fitness industries that Salonbuilder serves.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Linda, you are one of our most valued and active members in SalonBuilder and it has been a pleasure getting your feedback and growing the system to accommodate your requests over the years. As a custom design member you do have additional functionality not available with all the standard templates, however, with the new Responsive Designs just launched we have integrated a lot of new customization options. Using one of these designs you are able to change the name of your pages, customize accent colors and add video backgrounds to site pages. Plus they look and work great on mobile devices. As always, you can upload your own photos (in your case spa focused imagery) which can be taken yourself or downloaded for a few dollars from a stock photo site. We do our best to provide imagery for everyone in the Beauty Industry and we will continue adding new spa photos in the coming months.

Angela from Pure Body Salon & Spa Inc

Member since 2007 Love it!

My experience with Salon Builder has been incredible! Customer service is superb! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] along with the staff are so reliable and has been so patient with me for many years. Currently we're rebranding our Salon and Salon Builder has been eager to assist me with everything from online appointment booking, setting up online booking, graphics brand logo, customizing photos, product sales and more. When I first started with this web hosting site I had my front desk person to handle setup assuming I lacked marketing skills thinking it was hard to navigate. Now in 2020 as I'm rebranding I love the website even more with the many up to date features. I know my review is long and I must say overdue but during this quarantine due to Covid-19 I had to express my appreciation for the love and support over the years. Thank you so much Salon Builder Team!!!

Pros

I love the simplicity of navigating and managing pages with easy and the capability of editing tools 24/7 when re branding. The use of beautiful up to date changeable website templates to create a professional website instantly without paying a lot. A SEO that enhanced my online presence with high rankings. Free domain, hosting, listing and emails adds value for my money. This website increases client retention rates and search results our clients tells us how they found us. The marketing aspect is amazing, appointment system and SMS texting with an mobile version has again simplified my life so I can focus on the clients.

Cons

This Software is amazing there's nothing I like least.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your great review Angela. So glad we have been able to make a difference in your business over the years.

Christine from Dana Lauren Salon & Spa

Dana Lauren Salon Review

i like how easy it is to set up/modify my site

Pros

I like how easy it is to design your salonbuilder website with the dashboard

Cons

i think the design of the website could be more modern.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Dana, Thank you for your feedback. Having easy to use management tools is one of our top priorities so its great to hear that you have had a good experience designing your site. In the past few months we launched 18 new, modern, Responsive Designs and converted 12 of our most popular designs to Responsive sites. A Responsive Design moves and adjusts content to fit perfectly on mobile, tablets and larger devices. You are still using a legacy design which we recommend you update so you can benefit from the new features and imagery available with the new templates. We will follow up with you today to discuss which design would best fit your business style.

Damaris from Kneading Time Spa

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Salonbuilder Review

Great! I've been in business for a little over six years. I must say all my issues over the years Salonbuilder has been the only part of my business I never have to worry about. If I ever need help it gets taken care of immediately

Pros

I like that we have control of our website 24/7 and I can make changes at anytime. I was use to the old version and I struggle sometimes with the new version but I always figure it out

Cons

Everything about it is good. I'm not great at the computer so when they change something it takes me time to figure it out but thats ok

Reasons for Choosing SalonBuilder

It seemed to have everything I needed

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Damaris, thank you for your review. It's wonderful to hear that SalonBuilder has been so reliable and effective for you. Hope you utilize the video tutorials if you ever get stuck with a tool that is different then it used to be.

Pilar from Norwegian Spa

Recommend highly ! & Accessible for help when you need it.

Pros

I can't say enough about what your getting and for the price your getting it for!!! Everyday I find another facet of this system and I'm wowed ! nothing else compares. I have been with salon for over 10 years and I had been lead astray by another once never again it only took me a couple of months to realize it was a big mistake leaving. They welcomed me back with open arms . This team goes over and above the call of duty to make sure you get it ! If you have a question they get right back to you not like all the other systems. I'm extremely happy and recommend.

Cons

I don't have anything to say but it waont submit without something ion this box

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thank you Pilar. We never blame our members for trying out the competition and very often get return members who come back once they realize all the great features and options that are included in a very affordable membership. We do everything we can to make sure your website is a vehicle for making you money instead of something that costs you money. Utilizing all the included features in SalonBuilder makes that easy to do.

Phil from Q’s Spa & Salon

SalonBuilder Satisfied Customer

I have been using SalonBuilder for close to 10 years now and I get solicitations all the time from other company’s and I have checked out a few and they do not compare to SalonBuilder and most I would be required to pay a web builder to make simple changes. SalonBuilder is for me!

Pros

Support is the best. Rep has helped very time I had a question or needed a little help. I love the fact that I can add or delete features and choose what I want on my website myself.

Cons

The only thing I can say is the email blast are a little harder to navigate the mailchimp but it probably is because I haven’t used Salon Builder email that much. I’m pretty sure once I become more familiar with it that it will be a breeze.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Phil, We are so glad you are so happy with SalonBuilder and the self editing tools that allow you to manage your website, online marketing and promotions. The Email Marketing system has a lot to offer with customizable email templates, integration with special offers, staff, and services from your website, and drip campaigns as well as regular scheduled emails. If you need assistance with the system we have video tutorials available or call customer service and we can walk you through any spots you find difficult.

Stephanie from Allure the Art of Beauty

underwhelmed

The website fit our needs as a low cost way to achieve online booking . Overall we are just underwhelmed.

Pros

I liked the option to have so many photos available but have found they are not really representative of our salon. Is Fairly easy to use and doesn't cost much.

Cons

It may be our level of tech savy but it has become stale and uninteresting

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for your feedback. We take pride in being an easy to use, affordable option for online booking, client management and marketing for Beauty Industry professionals. It's great to hear that you feel that we have succeeded there. Also glad you like how many photos and graphics are available for posting on your website and marketing materials. We try to provide great imagery for all beauty industry businesses but if they aren't exactly your style you can customize the graphics everywhere on your site and marketing materials. You can take your own or download images from a stock photo site for a few dollars each. We would love to hear more about what you find underwhelming in SalonBuilder. We highly value our members feedback and are constantly evolving our system to fit your needs.

EXCELLENT SOFTWARE

Pros

I have been with Salonbuilder for over 20years and they have stayed current on technology and very eager to assist me along the way. Customer service is excellent and they always are available to handle questions and problems if needed. (Although we have never needed them to for emergency’s ) WE have recommended them to professionals for years!

Cons

Nothing love my company and I will continue to stay faithful for years to come!

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review and your very long membership with SalonBuilder. You have seen us through many years, many software evolutions, and many new offerings. We are so glad we have been able to provide you with the resources you need to manage your business online and stay current with the needs of your industry.

Fanit from CONTOUR DAY SPA

Industry: Alternative Medicine

SALON BUILDER

THE BEST SOFTWARE FOR THE BEAUTY AND SPA INDUSTRY.

Pros

GREAT WEBDESIGN OPTIONS. CLIENT APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATIONS, EMAIL MARKETING AND MORE

Cons

YOU NEED TO LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR SOMEONE TO CALL YOU BACK.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the great feeback Fanit! We are so happy you chose to return to us after trying out another company for your website, booking and marketing needs. We really value your membership and are so glad to be a part of your large successful Spa. We don't send our incoming calls off to a call center across the globe so sometimes that means we are on the other line helping another customer. We do our very best to return all calls within 1 business day and reply to emails often even faster.

Salon Builder is perfect for my small spa!

I really like the way the website, social media interface and email work together to advertise my small spa. I can use my own logo, photos and am able to make changes easily.

Pros

I am able to edit, post to social media, change my website without delay. The scheduler is easy to use. I send a weekly message to all of my clients that includes special promos. Support is fantastic. I highly recommend Salon Builder.

Cons

Absolutely nothing! It's perfect for my needs.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Sounds like you are a very active member who utilizes all the great options and features available in SalonBuilder. Thanks for your rave review!

monya from Sugar Salon, LLC

Had it for years!

I have had it for years, have not had any complaints; I just would like it to look and feel a bit more user friendly. I am not sure if it has an ability to upload videos, if not, I think this option should be added. I think that anyone that has had an account with SalonBuilder for over 5 years should get some additional perks like get a custom made website template at no charge or other little perks like that.

Pros

I most like the fact that I can do my own updates on my website, I personally don't like to rely on others to make updates to my website, so I like the ease of it. I would like to add webpages and name them what I want to; don't think this is offered. I also would like to upload my own images without having the Tech Support Team do it; some images can be uploaded, but some area's of the website the images have to be emailed to the Tech Support for them to add them.

Cons

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

SalonBuilder is built for professionals like yourself that want to manage and make updates themselves instead of having to ask and wait for changes to be made. We are glad you are satisfied with that. There are some areas that we have our professional graphic artists help with so we can make sure the images fit and look great. We know how your online image is so important so this is offered free of charge. Great news, all the new Responsive Designs in SalonBuilder now have the ability to have custom page names and video backgrounds. We do also offer great discounts for the custom design program for long time members. We have put a lot of effort into making the tools in SalonBuilder easy to use and intuitive but we will take your feedback into account and try to find ways to make the user experience even better.

Mary from Boardwalk Sunsations

Salon Builder for Tanning Salon

I have total control over the content of my website and the ability to change it at any time. I've been using the software for almost 10 years.

Pros

Easy to set up and make changes. I can customize the tabs and features month to month. Customer service is usually quick to respond.

Cons

Gift Card option was not as easy to set up, customize and use. Switched to another software for gift cards. Some improvements to mobile use, but still not as polished and easy to view and use as I would like. Most photos provided are geared toward hair and not so much tanning. I would like to be able to edit the product page myself. My products are usually not in the list and I have to get it completed by customer service.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Mary, It's nice to hear you have had an easy time updating your website and features over the years. Your constructive feedback is valuable to us. Sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the Gift Card options. We have a large library of printable gift certificate designs that you can choose your favorites and turn the rest off, or there is always the option to have a custom matching gift card designed to keep consistent with your business branding. As we have mentioned to many reviewers, the new Responsive Designs have a greatly improved mobile website which I think you would love! You are still using a standard design so you may consider updating that if you aren't satisfied with the look of your Mobile Site.

Amanda from Self-Employed

Website Software

I have always had good experience. If there are any technical problems the company takes care of it right away. Overall it's good for us, as we don't have to worry about anything.

Pros

It's easy to use, I can redesign the website myself, since it's template based. If I need help the customer support is always available. I's real time changes.

Cons

I wish the cost was lower. The cost seems just a little high.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback Amanda. We are so happy we have been able to help whenever you needed assistance and that your experience with building and maintaining your site has been easy. Sorry you feel like the cost is too high...I will have someone reach out to you to make sure you are aware of all the great features that are included with your membership... (client management, booking calendar, promotions and offers, email blasts, clients alerts via texting, free employment listings on SalonEmployment.com, and much more) If you utilize all these systems you should more then make up the cost of your membership with increased sales and bookings each month.

Angel from Angelic Touch Hair Studio

I Love It!!

Overall I really like the website. It has freed up alot of my time for scheduling appts for clients vs. other apps i have used .

Pros

I like the ease of use to schedule appts and market services. Its pretty easy to understand and navigate. Also the pics they have for use are a nice quality.

Cons

I dont like the and still dont understand how to change my availability for time off. I tried to put in a vacation day and it changed my whole schedule. Im still not understanding how to do a single day to block out time. Also, my clients cant use the guest book option and still no reply from support.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Angel, We are so happy that the booking system has been a time-saver and helped you spend more time behind the chair and less time on the phone. Sorry to hear you were not able to easily schedule a vacation with the booking calendar. I have sent a message to customer support and someone will be in contact today to help you learn how that works. You may be using the full schedule updater instead of the vacation scheduler. They look similar so it may be easy to mix them up. We will make a note to add additional clarification to the page soon. As for the other comment, your clients can login to their accounts via the GuestBook page to view upcoming appointments and purchases. We will do some testing with your account to make sure everything is working properly and get back to you soon.

Patricia from Grand Strand Salon & Spa

SalonBuilder Review

Gives us feedback with great reports on who what and where

Pros

I can change the look in a matter of seconds for the holidays

Cons

I do not care for some of the pictures for use on my website. I thought they could be better

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Patricia, thanks for the review! We do our best to provide a variety of imagery for all Beauty Industry businesses, but we know that everyone has unique style which is why all the imagery is changeable. All you need to do is upload your own photos which you can take yourself or download from a stock photo site for a few dollars each. We will continue to expand our photo library as often as possible to give everyone a lot of choices of professional beauty imagery. Having the ability to change your design in seconds and have all your information and photos move to the new template is one of the ways you can keep your site fresh and up to date. Glad you use our seasonal designs to bring some holiday spirit to your online presence.

Natalie from Natalies Hair House Organic Salon

Easy booking program and beautiful website

Since it’s only me, it’s hard working behind the chair and answering the phone all the time, by allowing my clients online booking option, it frees up my time plowing me to make more money.

Pros

Easy to use platform made designing my webpage a breeze and the online booking options are user friendly for my clients.

Cons

Can’t keep logged in and would like the option to turn off appointment booking for new clients since I’m unable to accept new clients at this time, however, my current clients need access.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Natalie, One way you could continue to offer online booking but only accept current clients would be to use the Request/Response mode and only confirm appointments from clients that you know. By selecting text notifications you can easily confirm appointments from your phone within seconds of when they are booked. If you need some assistance getting this setup contact customer support. Glad you have found designing your website easy and that your clients are happy with the online booking options. We love to hear that SalonBuilder is making your life easier and saving you time while making you money!

Heather from H2O Salon Spa

Salon Builder really cares!

Awesome!

Pros

I've been a client of Salon Builder for 15 years. I have to say they've been awesome to work with! If I have an update or a question they are quick to respond. (No matter how many questions or emails I may send:). They are helpful with editing images and or video, just ask. The Salon Builder variety of templates to choose from is extensive. I've used several templates over the years and have always been happy. Salon Builder works diligently to keep up with the latest trends and technology, and are continuously making changes.

Cons

None! Anything I need help with is taken care of by the Salon Builder team.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the rave review Heather. We value your membership and your new video background looks great on your site! Hope it really sets you apart from the competition.

Marla from Mantra Massage and BodywoRx

Best customer service will a personal touch

Most attentive team with a personal touch. My business is valued and they go out of their way to work with me. Great with response and just a good family run operation that is an amazing value for the money. The constantly impress me. I’ve been working with them for many years and will continue to grow with them!

Pros

I use this for website purpose and seo. They are continuously trying to improve their booking/ scheduling system.

Cons

The scheduling is evolving and I hope to one day use them for fully integrated payment system with booking.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the reply Marla. It has been a pleasure working with you too and it's great to hear that you see the great value in your membership. We do have a Point Of Sale system in Beta Testing. Once we fix any bugs we will make it available to the public. If you are interested in being part of the Beta Trial please let us know!

randy from pure bliss salon and spa

Industry: Individual & Family Services

salon builder website and email review

We have been with Salon builder almost 8 years now. Since we first opened. Very responsive, user friendly, top notch product. Highly recommend.

Pros

Customer support is top notch. Website is very easy to change and alter myself.

Cons

Would like a website template that features video on the front page

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied June 2019

Hi Randy, Great news... several of the new Responsive designs feature a video background option including the one you are using for your website. Take a look at another member using a video for their site background: https://www.h2osalonspa.com/ Since the video needs to be pretty small in file size and exported properly we recommend you send your video to the graphics department so we can assist you with it. Thanks for the many years of membership with SalonBuilder. We are so glad we have been a valuable business resource for you.

Dale from Salon West

SalonBuilder Powers Your Web Experience

This tool allows us to put a presence of our business on the web to inform our customers of hours of operation, specials taking place, current employee information, etc.

Pros

The software is intuitive on set up. You do not need an advance computer degree to get started setting up a professional website for your business.

Cons

It seems to be cookie cutter. Would like to have more options for customization of the web page layouts

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Dale, Thanks for your great review! Glad you are utilizing SalonBuilder to notify your clients about your specials, offerings and current employee details. It appears you are using one of our legacy designs that has a little more limited customization. We recommend you update to a Responsive Design which offers many new features and custom options.

Rochelle from Healthy Hair Bar Salon

True Value Website

The staff will change anything you get stuck with.

Pros

I'm very happy with my results from Salon builder. I've started with their stock website, then built two custom website. The whole experience was always simple and pleasant. Salon builder offers many options to reach your clients, for example, email campaigns, meta tag search, picture galleries.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to comment about. My resp is very knowledgeable with there operation.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback Rochelle. We love having dedicated business owners like you who utilize all the great features and options available in SalonBuilder. Your custom designs have always been a beautiful representation of your business.

Connie from Verve Salon & Spa

Great

Pros

Get help when needed. Pretty user friendly.

Cons

Easier to change. More options. Alittle slow to change items.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Connie, Often your internet connection speed can affect how quickly changes take effect since SalonBuilder is a cloud based web system. If you continue to experience slow speeds and it seems isolated to SalonBuilder.com (you have faster speeds on other sites) please reach out to customer support so we can assist you with troubleshooting what could be causing the slowness. If you have any additional comments about what options you would like to see please submit a support ticket with your request. We are always doing our best to accommodate requests but we need a little more information to help you here.

Catarina from Invidia Salon & Spa

Salon software

Pros

Easy access to appointment requests online and gift certificates sales.

Cons

I wish the email promotions/pictures or more modern and easier to create your own email blasts.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Catarina, Thank you for the feedback and your many years of membership with SB. We have some new imagery and email templates coming very soon and you always have the option to edit the images in a pre-formatted email or create a blank message and add your own photos if you don't like what is offered. If you need assistance with the process please reach out to customer support. Glad we have been able to provide you with booking and gift sales features to make your business money online.

Stephanie from A cut in time

Great software !!!

Great customer service, It has been the best experience for me and why I use it !!

Pros

It was easy to use and I can always get help when I need it !

Cons

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thanks Stephanie. We work hard to keep our templates and offerings up to date and in sync with the latest trends in the online world. Responsive Websites offer the best method for displaying the same content on multiple devices which is why so many of our designs are now built that way. Glad we have been able to assist you whenever you needed help. You are a valued member of the SalonBuilder community.

I've Been Very Happy

I have always had a great experience with this business and have no plans of going anywhere. Great value!

Pros

The website was so easy to set up. I love the gift certificates option as well. Customer service is always quick and easy and have always resolved anything I have had an issue with. They are a joy to work with.

Cons

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thanks for your review. We love to hear that the gift sales feature is a successful tool for your business. Also, just wanted to mention that the new Responsive Designs have a ton of customization options that were not previously available with the older designs. If you would like to try one of them out or get a free site review (where we look over your pages and offer advice) we would be happy to do so. Just send a message to customer support: info@salonbuilder.com.

Lauren from Lacquered Up

Salon owner

It was better at first when you could talk to someone.

Pros

Cons

I’ve called and left several messages because I need help with something and no one has called back. I’m thinking of disconnecting the service.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Lauren, It's great to hear that you are satisfied with the graphics and features of SB and that you feel like they are a great value. We are so sorry you were not able to get in touch with someone as quickly as you wanted. After speaking with you today, we made a quick photo update to your slideshow. At SalonBuilder we pride ourselves on outstanding customer support. We don't send our customers off to a call center across the globe. Sometimes that means you will get our voicemail and we do our very best to return all calls within 1 business day. Emailing info@salonbuilder.com is a great option for a fast response. Seems like we didn't live up to our high standards of Customer Care in this case. Thank you for the honest feedback.

Monica from Indigo

Great Customer Service

SalonBuilder has gone above my expectations to help make my site look the way I want it to without charging me extra. I really appreciate the work they put into it. When I am ready, I will likely use their services to truly customize my site.

Pros

I like that for a low price I get a website that is able to handle appt booking for me.

Cons

It takes a lot of time to set up the website, but that is because there are so many features.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thanks Monica, Happy to hear that your experience with SalonBuilder has been so great. We are not a company who 'nickle-and-dimes' our clients. Glad the appointment booking is working great for you too. For anyone who needs help with setup we offer a Free Site Setup option that will help you get your services, staff and information onto the site quickly. Then you can manage and update everything using easy point and click tools 24/7.

Lorrie from Envision Med Spa

Great Product & Personalized Service

Getting high seo rankings without paying an arm and a leg and an easily customizable website tailored to my industry vs generic templates.

Pros

Easy to use, consumer friendly. So simple to edit and make changes and if I am confused about something they're always so helpful and quick to assist me!

Cons

Some of the stock photos are a little dated looking .

Brandon from Dawn's Hair Design

Salon Builder Software review

Having the site has helped us build a lot of new referrals with both google adwords and facebook ads. We link the ads to our website and it helps get new clients to make appointments.

Pros

We use it for our website, I like the fact that you can easily change the templates and not have to make alot of edits and it lets you easily import your own photos to post.

Cons

I don't like the way it makes some of the photos so small on the site, it is not that easy to change where photos show up on the pages.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review Brandon. We love hearing that SalonBuilder has helped build your clientele and increase bookings. You might want to try out one of the newer designs that have larger images available on each page.

Darnelle from Salon Eleven

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Salon Eleven

I have gained new clients that have found me through my website. I rent a suite where there are over 20 other renters and I feel my website sets me apart from all the other renters.

Pros

I am not tech savvy in any way however it was so easy to build my website. It’s been almost a year and I am still happy with the way it looks. Many clients have complimented me on mt website. It has such a professional look. Also it’s a great value for the cost.

Cons

I can’t say that there was one con in the whole process.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

We love hearing that your website has given you an edge over the other stylists in your building. Thanks for your feedback!

Stephanie from Stephanie Rider

Beauty, elegance, wow-factor

Pros

My website was easy to design from the many templates. Designs from the beginning help me build are a great website and have attracted many clients and I did not have to work hard from scratch which is not that difficult of a task. They offer If you a easy step-by-step tutorial to design a salon website for yourself. The gallery has a variety of images to match my imagination I could arrange them and add information too.

Cons

I did not like that I had trouble with my image that I uploaded. But SalonBuilder did help me fix the problem.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback Stephanie. We love to hear that your website has helped you attract new clients and that your experience putting it together was great. Also glad we were able to assist you with the image you had trouble with. Sometimes photos need to be specific sizes or cropped in a way that displays them best with site backgrounds or slideshows. We offer free photo/graphics support anytime you have a photo that doesn't look perfect on your website, email or special offer printout.

Deana from K Salon & Spa

It’s effective

I’ve used it for many years. If I felt comfortable with change, I might try something else.

Pros

It was easier than trying to set up my own website.

Cons

It’s gotten expensive and I’m not sure it pays for itself.

Reasons for Choosing SalonBuilder

Ease at the time and the price was affordable.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Deana, One of the best things about SalonBuilder is that it is more then just a website builder. Included with your membership is: -A complete Email Marketing system with beautiful marketing emails and Drip Campaign features. -Promotions and Special Offers with printable materials and easy integration into your website, emails and social media. -Search Optimization and SEO assistance. -Client Management tools with texting options. -Booking Calendar for scheduling and staff management. -Free Domain Name and Domain Email addresses. -Free Job Listings on SalonEmployment.com. -Free listing on BeautySeeker.com. -Free phone support. -Plus the entire suite of tools to manage your site 24/7 (no setup fees or charges to make changes) We feel like there is great value in SalonBuilder for the cost of a few latte's a month :)

Salvatore from Studio Edge

Excellent company

Love my website

Pros

Easy to use , great graphics and looks very professional.

Cons

No cons, the tools they provide are outstanding.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Glad to be of service to your Gulino. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Kelly from Kelly Haines / Shear Addiction

Salon builder review.

Pros

Easy to use. Targeted for hair dressers\ Barbers.

Cons

I have not had a problem. I can't think of anything I do not like.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thanks Kelly! We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experience.

Keith from Vanity SpaSalon

All is all good software

Pros

Easy usage and simply access to the site. Gift gallery is great!

Cons

Booking is sometimes slow, information like adding pictures is not easy

Judy from Caribbean Day aspa

SalonBuilder Review

Customer Service with the support team is amazing. The representative is patient and understanding to a non techie, like me. Never being unkind in her communication to me. Always returns calls.

Pros

The best thing for me, was actually building the site yourself without having the experience. That helped me in my decision in committing to choosing SalonBuilder.

Cons

I don’t like the new updates as much as before.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Thanks for your feedback Judy. We know how hard it can be to re-learn how to do things but the updates made last year were focused on making the system more intuitive and user-friendly and helping everyone understand how many great options, tools and features are available with your membership. Our video tutorial section covers all the editing tools and sections and of course we are here to help anytime you have a question or need assistance. Sometimes in this fast paced world, you just need someone to talk you through something and we are happy to offer that to our members at no extra cost.

kim from teknicColour Salon

Why i Love SalonBuilder

Moving my google search status up . they were great up loaded all my information to a new site that should perform better

Pros

Cons

there really isnt anything i dont like about it.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Kim, we appreciate your feedback and we were happy make sure all your graphics and information looked perfect with the site update. Your new Responsive Design choice looks great with your custom imagery and the SEO improvements with this design should help increase your Search Rankings.

Phyllis from Gossip Salon

I do not like how the gift certificate works and some guests had issues with it.

Pros

Ease of using it for website for our salon

Cons

Pictures do not always work right when uploading your own. Also very limited on products we can put in. We are a focus salon and many of items listed are outdated. And it will not let us upload our own in that section.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied June 2019

Hi Phyllis, Thanks for the feedback. Our product list is continually growing and we add new product lines all the time. All you need to do is send a request and we will insert the logo and link onto your site. I will have someone contact you to find out what products you would like to add. Sorry to hear you had some issues with the gift certificate feature. We get compliments and great feedback about how easy it is to use all the time. If you ever have another problem please let us know right away so we can assist you. Overall glad you seem to like SalonBuilder and the easy to use tools for building your website.

Lisa from Heavenly Therapeutic Massage

Really good site for small businesses!!

Pretty good experience.

Pros

How it's easy to use. I like the ability for my clients to purchase their gift certificates directly from my site.

Cons

Customer service needs help. When I have a question that needs to be answered right away, I shouldn't have to wait hours for a call back. Need more staff to pick up phones.

Renada from Silk Hair Studio

Exceptional quality and excellent performance

Pros

I love the ability to go online whenever I want without having to pay someone to change my information I also like at any time I can email customer service and he responds immediately

Cons

Nothing. I don't have any suggestions or change

Diane from Superior Styles

Great customer support

I like that it boosts my online presence and links with other networks, like Facebbok

Pros

Its easy to use and the customer support is fantastic

Cons

Wish they had a better selection of men & womens photos to use on website

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Diane, It's great to hear that the social networking integration is working well for you. SalonBuilder sites often rank on the first pages of Google Searches but Social Networks are also a valuable way to gather new clients. We will continue to add new imagery and will make a note that you have requested more men and women. Also, keep in mind, anytime you want a certain type of photo that you don't see you can purchase one for a few dollars on a stock photo site and upload it to use for your website or marketing materials.

Catherine from Salon Essential

I've been with Salon Builder for probably 10 years.

Client find me when they are searching for hair colorists.

Pros

It brings me business at a super reasonable cost.

Cons

I sometimes have trouble editing, and have had to call for support, but worked out just fine for me.

Renee from Great Tans

Easy to Navigate

Pros

The software is easy to set up. Very user friendly

Cons

Would like more stock pictures and more selections.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Renee, We are so glad you had a good experience getting everything setup for your business. Our library of stock photos is definitely heavy on the salon and spa imagery and we could use additional tanning photos. We will make sure that our next photo upload includes graphics that fit your business. Also, keep in mind you can customize all the photos by uploading your own or using stock photos which only cost a few dollars each when purchased for the web.

ELLAINA from Art Of Nails & Hair 2

Satisfied customer

Overall I was very satisfied with the finished product.

Pros

You can design your on site. There are lots of options to help you to design your site to look very professional.

Cons

Some of the features I was unable to do on my own. But the customer service number that is provided will help you through any issues that you may face trying to design your site.

Dorothy from Bailiu salon

A little heads up

Pros

I like the layout and the different options you have for designs

Cons

I don’t feel like the images are up to date for today’s fashion, especially in the built in images

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Replied May 2019

Hi Dorothy, Happy to hear you like your design and layout options for your website. We will continue to expand our stock image library (new images coming very soon) and you always have the option to upload your own photos that you take yourself or get from other stock photo sites. Thank you for your input though. It's valuable to hear what is important to you most!

Liza from Salon Above by Liza

Best ever

They go above and beyond!! They are always available to talk and they are great at answering questions. They truly care about their customers highly recommend! Liza of Salon Above by Liza

Pros

It’s easy to use and I like the control I have to adjust things as needed

Cons

Paying for each add on service separately