Symplast Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Customer service is excellent as I always have a human being that I can contact you when there are any problems to solve."
  • icon"Symplast has a lot of features that other systems do not offer or that are not user friendly. I have used other systems in the plastic surgery field and Symplast seems to be the best."
  • icon"It is a work in progress - and I like that. Plastic surgery is about changing the way we see things - and Symplast for the time I’ve used it - has been very responsive to feedback and innovation."
  • icon"There's already a button for returning to the current day, which should suffice. Dosespot is very disappointing for eRx."
  • icon"There isn’t a thing that I don’t like about Symplast. They are continually adding to there platform and evolving the program."
  • icon"When using the mobile app you are forced to type your notes in three predefined sections."

Have you used Symplast and would like to share your experience with others?

All Symplast Reviews

york

Symplast rocks

Great customer support, love the innovation. They are always improving.

Pros

It is an intuitive, common sense approach to EMR.

Cons

Implementation of any EMR takes time and effort.

Reasons for choosing Symplast

Simpler interface, it fills the needs without a lot of noise.

Reasons for switching to Symplast

I needed somthing much better, and found it in Symplast.

Rachit

April 2022

Symplast is terrible plain and simple

Pros

Nothing is good about them accept for their sales team they will say anything just to get you to sign their contract but once you do everything they told you was a fabrication.

Cons

Hello this post is in regards to the EMR Symplast. We are a new Medspa named Viva La Med Spa, in Chicago and used Am Spa message board to help research various EMR options and did demos with all of them: Aesthetic Record, Aesthetic Pro, Jane, Symplast etc.. (to name a few). We ended up going with Symplast even though it was significantly pricier than some of the alternative options because we thought the additional investment would be worth it in the long run. When they are trying to sell you their EMR, Symplast will literally tell you everything you want to hear just to get you to sign their contract. However when you actually try to use their system and the features/support that they promised you it is a whole different story. I was literally told by a member of their support team to stop calling their support number today which speaks volumes of their service and how they treat their clients. The whole reason we chose Symplast over Aesthetic Record was for their live support agents verses the chat only option for AR. However this is obviously just a sales tactic by Symplast as they do not want using the support feature. I strongly suggest to stay away from Symplast many better options out there. Hope this helps anyone considering which EMR to pick! Thank you

Rod

August 2022

It gets the job done but leaves a lot to be desired

Symplast is a daily frustration for our practice. While overall it has a logical arrangement, it has MANY features with illogical implementation. While support is responsive, I would much rather not have to constantly contact them when they decide arbitrarily to "update" basic app functions which render them useless. I wonder if they have ever observed their users in the field using it.

Pros

The interface is clean and straightforward.

Cons

The company is CONSTANTLY releasing microupdates--which isn't necessarily a bad thing, until they affect the basic operation of the program. They recently changed the way media is organized. If you don't care for its default setting (and I don't!), the app doesn't remember any changes (even in the same session!) and there's no way to change it. I use Word to modify templates and when using copy/paste to move to the app, it forces formatting changes which require tedious, redundant editing--even when stripping out any fancy formatting from Word. When documenting for prior days' visits, the app takes you back to the current day schedule by default--logically, it should remain on the last selected date. There's already a button for returning to the current day, which should suffice. Dosespot is very disappointing for eRx. It should permit changing script dates in a batch since office staff often forget to tell us there are new approvals. You can change pharmacies for a batch, though. Having to change the active date on a half dozen scripts is the definition of tedium.

Bhupesh

Intuitive and timely product

Direct patient financial transactions through Symplast has improved tremendously and will continue to improve based on what I have seen so far.

Pros

Ease of integration and easy user interface. The multi media management in this software which includes photo and video makes this product stand out. Easy to format templates and customize windows based on the users preference also makes this product very effective . Customer service is excellent as I always have a human being that I can contact you when there are any problems to solve. They’re also always innovating and constantly making improvements and updates to the existing platforms. The mobility of this product is an outstanding feature that I find most timely given the current environment.

Cons

There is a patient app associated with Symplast that I think needs to be improved and slowly will be improved.

What we needed

I have a great experience with symplast. Instead of charging me like the other large EMRs for a 5 year 60,000 contract, I can pay month to month and have access to all of the features. It is made by physicians, for physicians and the simplicity and accessibility is what I love the most. I have been a client for 2 years.

Pros

The company is actually very accessible and great. They are always improving. Yes its a startup, so there are features that are not yet mature, but every few weeks there are new and improved features and releases. It is cloud based and I can access my charts anywhere.

Cons

The Helpdesk can be a little slow at times, but there are significantly less bugs than when the company first started a few years ago. The insurance module can be improved, this is not billing software.

Enrique

Symplast: An excellent newcomer for plastic surgeons EMR

When I first purchased the software about three years ago, it was still under basic development. At that time I was not happy with the software . We worked with the support and development staff and, one by one, the issues were solved. The software now is robust and has been a huge improvement over server based software I had been using before. I recommend that any plastic surgeon thinking about purchasing an electronic medical record look seriously at Symplast as one of your primary options.

Pros

Scheduling and medical records are highly customizable. I am able to communicate with patients through HIPPA compliant connections.

Cons

Some of the features of the software are only available through handheld devices.

Jodi

Great software!

Pros

Symplast has a lot of features that other systems do not offer or that are not user friendly. I have used other systems in the plastic surgery field and Symplast seems to be the best. Overall, it is user friendly.. The app is great for patient communication and makes virtual appointments simple, it was a great tool during the pandemic! Support is easy to contact, and is very reliable especially Ben!

Cons

There are a lot of system updates which seem to throw some hiccups into the system, but that happens with most products.

Symplast - a paradigm shift for EHR

As the product continues to evolve - it will only get better and better.

Pros

Symplast represents a frame shift from the traditional EHR model to a new, better patient environment. It’s purpose built for a mobile platform. It is a work in progress - and I like that. Plastic surgery is about changing the way we see things - and Symplast for the time I’ve used it - has been very responsive to feedback and innovation

Cons

If is a work in progress. If youre looking for a product that is completely fleshed out with years of market use - this isnt it. But that said, those products (and we reviewed a number of them before going with Symplast) all have their own limitations.

David J.

Very happy with Symplast

No more transcription costs, much less paper and transitioning to complete digital/paperless office. Instant access to patient demographic and clinical information 24/7 from smartphone, mobile device or any desktop via the cloud.

Pros

Ease of use, mobile 24 hour access to patient information including all medical records, HIPPA secure messaging app to allow 24 hour communication with patients which is a major plus for patient satisfaction and piece of mind

Cons

There have been growing pains as with any startup but the team is both local and very responsive to fixes as needed. Rolling out new modules somewhat slower than promised but anticipate continued growth of functionality and continued success/growth of users.

John M

Innovation is happening at Symplast

I’m not sure exactly what caused rep to have the experience she describes, but Symplast, in my opinion, represents the future of digital patient engagement and personal electronic health records. Better yet, they are not like most of the vendors out there that nickel and dime you for every single little feature and module, and then have the audacity to hold your data hostage if you ever decide to leave! This is a product that is useful now, well-priced, and rich with innovation. No regrets. And great on mobile devices!

Pros

Best UI on the market. Great for patient engagement. Built for mobility. Robust media manager. Video capabilities for documentation, consent, and patient education. Company is very willing to build interfaces with other apps. Uses voice recognition. Makes my documentation easier, gives me more face time with my patients. Did I mention mobile?

Cons

I gave “Overall” and “Features” 1 star off, as there are some feature gaps, but the company has been releasing updates and adding features at a fairly quick pace. For example, e-prescribing is now available and a new financial module just came out, but I don’t have enough experience with them yet to comment. Still needs electronic insurance billing and ASC module, but they are in development and coming.

Joanne

Symplast User for years

I am happy with it overall, and I feel it's better than any of the other software systems we have used in the past. We have been working with them for years now and am happy with the customer service and attentiveness we receive from them.

Pros

The biggest pluses are it is MAC based and it is 100% mobile. It is fairly easy to use.

Cons

I wish there was a wait list! Because they are constantly updating their software, glitches happen on a regular basis, however, they are pretty on top of that and gets the bugs worked out fairly quickly.

Reasons for switching to Symplast

We wanted a mac based system, this one was developed by a plastic surgeon, so it's better tailored to our specific needs.

Pramit

Very happy overall

I watched the emr space especially nextech and patient now until I found a solution that would not lower my productivity and would eliminate steps for my staff. I have been very happy as has my partner.

Pros

photo management is fast and effective mobile app based allows me to log in through face id and check my schedule in less than 5 seconds. that is amazing. the mobile app with open API makes this the future. There really is no question at this point.

Cons

scheduler could be more robust support could be more timely i am excited to see the partnerships they add

Reasons for switching to Symplast

i needed something that was specific to the aesthetic space

Jamie

The Future of digital patient engagement and personal electronic health records

Pros

Symplast's software has one of the most user-friendly interfaces I have ever come across, and believe me I've tried them all! They offer such a wide variety of features to utilize and have created a fully functional way to organize our business. Having tried other vendors, such as aesthetic record, it is clear how put-together and easy to use their system is. I have yet to run into any problems I have with my previous software and would recommend symplast to anyone looking to improve the user experience within their business.

Cons

n/a.

Kimberly

Industry: Plastics

Symplast is amazing

Having Symplast has opened up many opportunities to keep in contact with patients at many different locations.

Pros

Access to patients & their charts anytime, any where using my own mobile device.

Cynthia

Industry: Cosmetics

Best upgrade to your cosmetic practice!

Symplast came to our practice when we where not looking to upgrade or change. After one conversation and demonstration we where SOLD!!! Symplast has proven to our practice that they will take it to the next level without taking months or emptying our pockets!!!

Pros

User friendly, all aspects of this cutting edge technology are used on daily bases to maintain the day to day structure of a cosmetic practice!!

Cons

Better collage picture options to up load as you pick your desired results.

Enrique