• Pros

• "The customer service and the timing of it all got me to switch. Price is great and the features are easy to use. It is customizable and I really appreciate that. "

• "The billing program is easy to use and gets the job done without any trouble."

• "Prior to using zHealth, I tried many other EHR softwares. I love how easy to use the system is. It's really intuitive and user friendly. Just like my phone!"

• Cons

• "Every time they update the software, there will be some changes we need to make in the office. But it's all for the better."

• "Sometimes the information doesn’t get saved. But it could be our lack of being computer savvy. "

• "Anything that I didn't like about the system has been addressed by the IT team. "

Browse zHealth EHR Reviews

kazusa from Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions

5 Stars!!!!

The support staff and his team are extremely helpful and ALWAYS answers questions immediately and helps with data and info. He helps me run reports when I need them and also advises when updates are being done tot he system regularly. Zhealth is a software that is up to date and the team is continuously making strides to make the program even more efficient.

Pros

Ease of use with the patient tabs and info, etc. can add in. It’s whenever necessary easily. Patient info is easily accessible.

Yaser from Game On Chiropractic

Streamlined and easy to use software, great for solo practice and accessible anywhere

Since I'm a solo practitioner I needed an EHR software that would be able to handle much of the tasks that would normally require a front desk office staff member, such as patient scheduling and office check-in procedures. It's been very helpful that patients can schedule themselves online, through a link on my website, and can check themselves in as well once they arrive at my office. It's also been great to be able to log into the software from anywhere, using a tablet or even my phone, to check my patient schedule etc. whenever I need to be out of the office during office hours. I would say overall one of the best things about the software for me has been the ability to use it from anywhere and from any device and that doing so is relatively smooth. Since the software is straightforward and streamlined and doesn't have too much bloated and unnecessary features, it runs quite fast and you wouldn't even know that it was on online web-based system due to how quickly the pages load, as long as you have a decent internet connection.

Pros

The software is quite intuitive and easy to use if you have a decent grasp of general computing and how to navigate menus. In fact there was no training included at all when I first began using the system, because it isn't really needed as long as you are a little computer-savvy. The software has built-in patient online self scheduling which automatically populates and syncs with the patient schedule on my end, as well as the option to have the patient self check-in on a tablet when they arrive at my office, both very useful features since I'm a solo practitioner. I also like the ability to check my patient schedule from anywhere using my phone, since the system is web-based and syncs across all the devices I use to access it, whether I'm at the office, at home, or out and about. There are a good amount of options, clickable boxes, and pulldown menus to help streamline the note-taking process. The SOAP note sections by default have clickable fields that cover most of the musculoskeletal type issues that a patient may be experiencing as well as text boxes to type your own detailed notes as needed. I have not yet made use of the dictation feature so I cannot speak to how accurate that is. You also have the option to copy forward sections of a previous note into a new note, as applicable and warranted, and create custom templates for routinely used sections. Also the customer support has been quite helpful and quick to act whenever I did have issues with the software.

Cons

Some features are not easily customizable on the fly but may possibly be updated per your needs by contacting the support team and requesting changes be made. There were also initially some bugs and glitches in the software when I first began using it, but many of these have been addressed through updates and contacting the support staff, who have generally been quite responsive and helpful.

Reasons for Choosing zHealth EHR

Based on my understanding at the time I was reviewing all these software products, ChiroTouch seemed like it was somewhat more convoluted than I needed, more expensive, and not cloud based so I would only be able to access the software from my office. Jane App would have been a good option for my needs but it didn't have a patient self check-in feature as far as I could tell.

Derek from Evolve chiropractic and rehab

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Demo was great after signing not so much

Pros

Online booking, appointment reminders work well. I'd like to say the customizable soap note is great but after 6 weeks I am still having to use the templates which are not good

Cons

As soon as I signed up the customer service went out the window. I am lucky to be able to get a 5 min call with my rep. Forgot steps to properly implement my insurance billing now I have claims sitting and waiting to be billed that i cant do anything with. My custom notes were suppose to be completed in 3 weeks. Well 6 weeks later and still no customized soap notes. Patient subjective never carries over making patients frustrated. Dates for onset date and pointers reset frequently even when you chose to import previous.

Response from zHealthEHR

Replied February 2020

We are really sorry you had a bad experience with the software so far. As we just explained to you over the call, we have put together a plan to turn around your experience with zHealthEHR. We are confident that we will make it a software you are pleased with.

Kyle from Simply Health Chiropractic

zHealth Software ... Wow

AWESOME... the team there is pretty awesome. I have loved working with everyone there. From inception to implementation and even with customization it has been a very comfortable ride.

Pros

The best thing we love about the software is the background. All the stuff that it is doing behind the scenes. It is customized to our office and we love not having to disrupt our flow just to implement a new software. Thank you to the team at zHealth for all their hard work.

Cons

Arg... the ledger. It is difficult to see a patient the whole ledger in just one place. It is in there, but not in one place. Or, maybe we just don't know how to access it yet...?

Reasons for Choosing zHealth EHR

Easy answer... cost for the product use, and ease of use.

Lorie from Greenwood Chiropractic

Billing made easy

Positive; willing to help me when I don't know something, willing to create a very detailed and completely custom note taking system, and easy billing software. They get back to me quickly when I email with an issue or question, and they resolve whatever it is quickly.

Pros

I had never done my own billing before, but I have been doing it pretty seamlessly by myself since April when I started using ZHealth. I run my practice solo with no staff, and while that is a lot of work, I am able to do it and run the whole show myself.

Cons

This part is my own fault; my notes take some time to complete, but that is based on the customization format I asked for. However, the staff at ZHealth are willing to keep working with me on my customization of notes to get the note-taking perfected so that I can finish my notes faster yet have all the detail I asked for, which was a lot.

Reasons for Choosing zHealth EHR

The price was really good and they told me they would help me learn billing since I didn't know how to do it when I opened my own practice, which they did. They included things like email and text reminders to patients for which other companies charged extra. They were willing to customize my notes, which they did. I can run it on an iPad or laptop.

Brett from BTM

Horrible Program

Horrible

Pros

You have to write a ticket to change anything. Cannot change anything yourself.

Cons

You literally cannot do any customizing yourself or you have to pay.

Vincent from In Motion Chiropractic and Rehabilitation

Newer Software on the Market, but will end up being around for years to come

I wouldn't change my experience for the world so far. Even though this is a new company and they are still trying to work things out I have never used an EHR where the staff was so accessible. (owner) answers call and emails himself within 24 hours (less usually) and no matter what you want for templates, he never says no at first. When I first started I was on a dead line trying to get the system up and running before my new office opened. Because of this we were not able to customize the templates out the way I wanted to begin. Since then owner has been gracious enough to do two screen shares with me already to work on customizing to my liking and we are about to have another this coming Monday (7/29/19). Not once has he ever made this sound like it is a hassle, rather he accepts the challenges for himself and his staff to give the best EHR system for each individual office possible. owner is kind and always makes sure to ask how the family is doing as well when we chat. I hope that their customer service is able to stay like this for good, b/c if so in more than makes up for rolling with the punches to continue customizing the software until we find the right fit. Thank you owner from In Motion Chiropractic!!!!

Pros

Back office reports, ease of submitting claims, set up with clearinghouse at no additional charge

Cons

Unable to change templates yourself (done by owner/support still customizable), user interface will still put parts of notes out of order making notes difficult to read at times.

Reasons for Choosing zHealth EHR

Personalized care and service. Cookie cutter notes is what gets you in trouble when they try to "make soaps 30 seconds long". True note taking of quality takes time. Make sure that you find someone like owner who will go to the end of the earth for his clients.

Dr Joy from Bird Concierge Chiropractic/ Special Birds Family Chiropractic

Selecting Your EHR

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has bent over backwards, been extremely patient and taken time to understand where my confusion was with software. He even spent some time on his Saturdays even to allow for more in depth training and answer specific software questions.

Pros

Customization, and availability of the recording option for doing exams and treatments or documenting noted form patient phone calls or texts. Lots of work arounds for while things are being customized. Billing/invoice feature is easy to use once you get a handle on it plus has ability to not need a full-time staff person to handle just that.

Cons

Sometimes with how customizable to a new practitioner it can be slightly overwhelming. I have only had one or two software experiences so wasn't sure what I wanted or needed as far as notes. Takes a bit if your wanting things specific way to get the SOAP and the Exam sections the way you want but there are work arounds for that in the interim. The videos are not very self explanatory or maybe I didn't even see the videos. Online stuff is not very intuitive for me.

Reasons for Choosing zHealth EHR

Cost per month was half of what RAPID and SilkOne EHR had. Also had the record option included in the monthly cost.

Jermaine from HEROH SPORTS AND FAMILY CHIROPRACTIC

Welcomed Switch

I’ve solved my patient reminder calls. Simplified and quickened my note taking The self checkin has decreased the immediate need for a Front Desk The online scheduling is a wonderful addition that makes life grand.

Pros

Cons

They are a growing company so there are suggestions that need to be made, however, they are more than willing to listen to improve their product.

Reasons for Choosing zHealth EHR

Web based, easy to use, straight forward staff and sales team.

Kenneth from My Tax Advisers

Powerful Business Tool

Customer service and techs were great during implentation and follow through, and able to answer questions and aid in problem resolution as we continue to learn and use the software to its fullest capacity.

Pros

The web based software is easy to use, intuitive, interactive, and powerful in scheduling appointments. Enabling and empowering clients to reschedule, rather than playing the back and forth email or phone call game to find mutual availability.

Cons

The only thing I did not like is that I did not learn of it sooner!

Laurie from Piedmont Chiropractic

Easy to use software that gets the job done and is not expensive

Overall, it has been easy to use. Billing is fast and easy and ERA's are entered swiftly and accurately automatically. Customer service is amazing--if you do have a problem, you call and a developer answers the phone (or calls you right back). They are very responsive.

Pros

I like its ease of use for me and my patients. It's easy for patients to schedule on-line and they get text and email appointment reminders. The software is easy to learn from the start, so my staff and I didn't have to spend hours of training to use it. I can complete a soap note and invoice and send off the bill to insurance in less than a minute.

Cons

I find the exam forms are cumbersome to use: to complete inspection, palpation, ortho, neuro exam of cervical spine, I have to click on each one and a separate drop-down window with lots of boxes appears. I've developed a work-around but I'm sure it could and will be simplified. The notes do not print well, meaning, they take up way too much room on a page--one note often occupying more than one page. It wastes a lot of paper when I do have to print notes. I can't easily bill multiple visits on a CMS 1500 claim form, which I have to do for certain insurances.

Dr. Dwight from Marin Family Chiropractic

Love this software

zHealth really saves me time in running my practice. It allows my patients to book their own appointments, as well as sends text and email reminders. I highly recommend it!

Pros

Cons

I have been using the software for about 3 years now, and I can't think of any cons. I had requests for changes initially, but they took care of them.

Ernest from Back On Point Wellness

Intuitive System with Top Notch Customer Support

Pros

zHealth is very simple and intuitive to use. It did not take much time for me to learn how to use the system. It is also customizable in almost every way you can imagine. To top it off, the customer support you receive is the best in the industry. From [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] my sales agent, to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who assist me with technical support, they always make sure my requests are taken care of. I highly recommend zHealthEHR to all medical professionals.

Cons

There are some features and "bugs" with the software that need to be fixed and updated.

Reasons for Choosing zHealth EHR

The price point, customer support, and features available were the main reason why I chose zHealth over the other products.

Dorrin from State of the Art Chiropractic

comparatively cheap system whichallows one to do the basic records and billing

Overall it's convenient to use and gets the job done. But, the creators of the system have promised us a couple upgrades which they've not delivered - visual analog scales and conveniently seeing patient review of systems.

Pros

The billing program is easy to use and gets the job done without any trouble.

Cons

For those doctors who use activator and do different adjustment each time a patient is seen, creating a visit record is not very convenient.

Brett from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Support Services are Great!

Pros

Our rep was super helpful in transitioning me into this software and answering any questions I had. The dictation software is great for anyone who is busy.

Cons

The product is still in the starting stages, so there are some bumps to iron out.

Reasons for Choosing zHealth EHR

zHealthEHR offered many features for someone who needs thorough notes, but doesn't have the time to be writing them out.

Zhao from Vibrant Health & Wellness Center

A doctor friendly software includes appointment booking, EHR, and billing.

Pros

The team is always ready to work with me with my individual needs. As a chiropractor, acupuncturist and nutritionist, zHealth is the only one fulfilled all my practice needs.

Cons

Response from zHealthEHR

Replied May 2017

Thanks for your feedback!

Rabbonni from Axis Chiropractic

Easy, practical and not expensive

Pros

zHealth EHR allows me to run my practice without having any front desk staff. Patients schedule appointments directly from my website, they receive automatic reminders, and they check themselves in using a tablet at the front desk. I love how I don't have to type my notes, I can just dictate.

Samantha from Pleasant Hill Chiropractic

It does what I want

They have been incredibly supportive in how the invoicing option works.

Pros

My customer data is all in one place, it's web driven, it runs, never crashes my laptop, integrates all the features I want for one price point, and is backed up on their servers.

Cons

It's not configured yet for how I do notes, but all the features I want are there.

Reasons for Choosing zHealth EHR

It just felt right at the time. I felt they were honest and supportive of my process in starting a clinic and having a one doctor shop. The support I've received is this process is wonderful and they never made me feel less than in this learning process of slowly moving to EHR software. They upgraded their servers when they found out they were running slow. I think they have integrity.

Vanessa from Balanced Wellness Family Chiropractic

Prompt service and user friendly software

My experience with zHealth has been great! Any questions or concerns that I have had have been answered and resolved in a timely manner. You can also get a person on the phone very promptly which is huge when you've got patients of your own waiting on you.

Pros

I love that the software is malleable to our specific needs. The IT guys are always available to our answer our questions promptly and clearly. I also love that this is a web based system. It's so much more convenient and user friendly than the server based system that I had used previously.

Cons

Anything that I didn't like about the system has been addressed by the IT team.

Reasons for Choosing zHealth EHR

I liked that the system was able to be changed to work best my my specific needs and preferences. And that I was always answered promptly.

Michael from Chiropractic

zHearthEHR

Overall I am very pleased with zHealthEHR. When researching software I was mostly concerned about price, tech support, training, online scheduling, and patient reminders. This software is a great value and offers everything I need. The sales and support team has been great to work with as well.

Pros

Because it is web based I can access it and home or office - making it very easy to check/update my schedule, patient information, chart notes, etc. from either location.

Cons

I prefer chart notes to read in a paragraph format rather than as bullet points, however this is a very small criticism. The software allows for me to type notes, click prompts or use the voice option for notes - which I haven't tried yet. So far I use the clicking method and it works well.

Herbert from Forest Creek Chiropractic

good product, great customer support group

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use once you understand the work flow. It took about 2 weeks and 3 web sessions to get comfortable with it.

Cons

The area that is the least attractive is the patient online appointment pages. They are drab compared to the rest of the software. They do function as needed but the could use a facelift

Rebecca from OneHealth, LLC

Patient Management Software Made easy!

Lowering my overhead, I don't have to have a specialist to bill. It Simplified everything. Less Stress. If something new comes up I just call and they take care of it for me.

Pros

It is so simple to use we did have any training on the software to start using it. Customer service is excellent! They answer the phone! Like most business owners, when I need help I need it now, not in 2 days. Bottom line is Its simple, It's inexpensive, and customer service is excellent!

Cons

It did not contain everything I need for a complete exam. so, when I spoke with support they ask me what I needed and they design it for me! It only took 10 days. FOR CUSTOM PROGRAMMING, no extra charge

Edward from Advanced rehab

loved the software

Pros

the ability to customize notes is excellent, also loved their support

Cons

none for right now I will highly recommend this software

Michael from Renovo Chiropractic

Too good to be true

I’m happy with it and tell everyone to take a look at it. It does so much more for the same price as everyone else.

Pros

It does everything you want and more. Billing services will be offered soon. They added the voice to text where i wanted it and the outcome assessments.

Cons

Anything i don’t like is changed. I talk with or email the CEO constantly and he does what i ask for. Can’t ask for too much more.

Ari from Princeton Chiropractic Wellness Center

Great EHR software and Company

Working with them has been a very positive experience they are quick to get back to me and very helpful.

Pros

The software is very customizable and easy to use.

Cons

There are a few minor things that are not able to be changed, but overall it's been a great experience.

Reasons for Choosing zHealth EHR

The look of the software, the customizability and the price.

Corey from Integrated Health Systems

Great System

one stop shop. easy to learn and use. great for soap notes, online schedule, ties in with merchant servives.... and great management system. Time and money saver

Pros

Intuitive. easy to learn. functionable. one stop shop

Cons

does not order my lunch. no cons i can think of

Keith from Medical Practice

Personable

Pros

Simple to use; no silly frills. Wasn't used as a marketing tool...

Cons

Having to flip back and forth at times for different functions; slight delay between.

Christopher from Alternative care

Price is right but assistance is wrong.

So far it’s not that easy and since they are on the west coast and we are east coast assistance with this is zero so far. I will update after 3 and 6 months usage.

Pros

Price is great. Needed an EHR and reviewed many. All have issues so financial seemed to be the deciding factor.

Cons

Initial set up is horrible. They were only able to transfer my patients into system but no other information. Past visits. Insurance information. Procedure codes. ICD codes

James from NEXT Chiropractic & Sports Clinic

Excellent customer service

Pros

Automation system no other EHR companies offer and user friendly.

Cons

None so far. I would have to use it for few more month to comment on this.